Hillary Hits Airwaves

Hillary Clinton will start her first series of campaign ads in Iowa today, joining her opponent Sen. Barack Obama, who has had spots up for weeks. In the ad, titled "Invisible," she says "Americans from all walks of life across our country may be invisible to this President, but they're not invisible to me and they won't be invisible to the next President of the United States."

The spot includes footage of several campaign stops of Clinton in Iowa, a state where poll numbers show her closer to Obama and former senator John Edwards than she is in large national polls. Her aides said that "Invisible" will run all over the state.

--Perry Bacon Jr.

By Washington Post editors  |  August 13, 2007; 1:16 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Obama Campaign
on "Bush's Brain"

Next: Magic For Clinton

Comments

also, her jackets really... are tacky.

Posted by: ericlatham | August 14, 2007 6:59 AM | Report abuse

hillary is definately the worst candidate. Gravel would be better... and i'm being serious... Gravel would seriously be a better choice.

I'd have to say that Edwards is the best choice, followed by Kucinich (eventhough those chances are slim), then Obama. But hillary is definately last...

she's just another corporate puppet.

Posted by: ericlatham | August 14, 2007 6:57 AM | Report abuse

What could Hillary possibly say about herself? She has been in the public eyes and on the top of national politics for fifteen years. Everything, what she is critisizing now, couldn't have appeared and developed without her active and reliable support. She is the worst possible choice for Democratic nomination. Everybody, who is unsutisfied with Bush policies(about 99% of population), should be subsequently unsatisfied with her future policies.

Posted by: aepelbaum | August 14, 2007 2:41 AM | Report abuse

As to this election, I am in the camp of "Anybody but Hillary" unless she's the Democratic nominee in which case I am in the camp of "Anybody but a Republican". Although I have been a lifelong Republican, except for the second time around for Bush, I feel that the Reoublican party needs a few years of rest in order to heal itself. It no longer represents people like me as it has become too ultra conservative. Just like when in the late sixties the Democratic party no longer represented people like me with their ultra liberal society.

Posted by: ron3 | August 14, 2007 12:35 AM | Report abuse

Prior to the campaign the read I got off of Hillary made me describe her with adjectives such as ambitious, devious, etc. Amazing how much kinder, more caring, and more relgious some people are when they are running for president. Giuliani included. Man what a bunch of losers C- students we elect to be leader of the free world.

Posted by: betaute | August 13, 2007 11:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: betaute | August 13, 2007 11:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: betaute | August 13, 2007 11:54 PM | Report abuse

Give me Barack Obama's judgment over Hillary Clinton's experience that led her to vote for the Iraq war any day. We need a real change. We must get away from the small politics dominated by special interests and Washington lobbyists. We need a smart foreign policy with diplomatic transparency and consistency. Barack Obama is the choice for change.

Posted by: nhudson35 | August 13, 2007 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Great ad! That emerging smile on the woman's face in the closing seconds of the ad says it all! Go Hillary!

Posted by: ramirem | August 13, 2007 4:05 PM | Report abuse