Late Show with Hillary Clinton
Sen. Hillary Clinton brought the funny--or some version of the funny, mixed with earnest policy discussion--to the Late Show with David Letterman last night. One big laugh line: Bill Clinton had looked into the vice presidency, but, alas, decided against Clinton-Clinton ticket. She also invited Letterman out on the campaign trail with her, though he looked inclined to pass up that offer.
It was the senator's seventh appearance on the Late Show, and she came armed with her own Top Ten list.
Watch her delivery here.
Her list? Clinton's Top Ten Campaign Promises, as presented on Letterman last night:
10. Bring stability and long term security to "The View."
9. Each year on my birthday, every American gets a cupcake.
8. You'll have the option of rolling dice against the IRS for double-or-nothing on your taxes.
7. Having trouble getting a flight and Air Force One is available -- it's yours.
6. My vice president will never shoot anybody in the face.
5. Turn Gitmo into a Dairy Queen as soon as possible.
4. For over a century there have been only two Dakotas -- I plan to double that.
3. We will finally have a president who doesn't mind pulling over and asking for directions. Am I right, ladies?
2. I will appoint a committee to find out what the heck is happening on "Lost."
1. One more pantsuit joke and Letterman disappears.
Compare that with her January 2000 Top 10 list: "Top 10 reasons that I, Hillary Clinton, finally decided to appear on 'The Late Show.' "
10. I lost a bet with Tipper.
9. I did think this was a show where you answer a couple of easy questions and you win a million dollars.
8. If Dan Quayle did it, how hard could it be?
7. I was already in town to interview for the Jets' head coach position.
6. Four words: severe lapse of judgment.
5. I needed an excuse to get out of dinner with Donald Trump.
4. When they threw in a "Late Show" tote bag, I said, "Gas up the Taurus, Bill, we're goin' to Dave's."
3. I have not been in the Ed Sullivan Theater since I was dating Ringo.
2. Um, to tell you the truth, Dave, I thought Johnny hosted this show.
1. If I can make it here, I can make it anywhere.
The comments to this entry are closed.