Obama Campaign
on "Bush's Brain"

It's true that the presidential campaigns will comment on just about anything.

Even so, Karl Rove's departure from the White House merited a statement from Sen. Barack Obama within hours of its announcement. Great ready for a tidal wave of more:

"Karl Rove was an architect of a political strategy that has left the country more divided, the special interests more powerful, and the American people more shut out from their government than any time in memory," Obama said in a statement. "But to build a new kind of politics, it will take more than the departure of a man or even an Administration that constructed the old - it will take a movement of everyday Americans committed to changing Washington and reclaiming their government."

-- Anne E. Kornblut

By Washington Post editors  |  August 13, 2007; 1:02 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Enough Already With the Straw Poll
Next: Hillary Hits Airwaves

Comments

I'm Jewish, also the son of slaves a long time back. Yall Christian folk may know of it in the book you call exodus, we call it bamidbar. I like Obama because he represents a minority...and I hardly think its a Muslim conspiracy. Shame on you who ever said that...damn racist.

Posted by: jcherson | August 14, 2007 12:58 AM | Report abuse

When I saw Americans vote for our sitting President Bush; and was led like a lamb to the slaughter concerning the fictitious reason for the Iraq war. I knew, as I know now: those American sunk to the lowest possible level. Ever American who bought the Iraq line, knew in their gut, what the deal was. They knew it was about oil. There is no way that White America could be that dumb. But these American was willing to sell their integrity for fuel oil. If the American were in fact that dumb, then it is really time for a serious change. I mean I was brought up in Mississippi, and was taught by AMERICANS to respect and honor White people; but when I saw the nature of their reasoning, I knew a whole lot of White folk has loss their mind; and endangered my chances of enjoying a piece of the great white way. Shame on you white folk. You have loss your edge. You are now an endangered species. How you still the opportunity to take corrective action. But who am I anyway, but the son of slaves.

Posted by: johnhoskins | August 14, 2007 12:26 AM | Report abuse

I don't know what it is about Obama that scares these people. I do know that Karl Rove was the worse thing that could have happen to this country. But I don't blame Rove.... I blame the Uniter that hired him. Today is a good day for America.

Posted by: Scottie411 | August 13, 2007 10:56 PM | Report abuse

what about obama scares these people?

Posted by: cestuart | August 13, 2007 9:54 PM | Report abuse

WOW !!! What hatred.

Posted by: catmomtx | August 13, 2007 8:59 PM | Report abuse

Mark these words and MARK them good... :

When a candidate whos father was a muslim..

His step father a radical Muslim..

He attended Muslim school..

And when he possibly wins in three states if he is lucky , the headlines will read in the media..

OBAMA CRUSHED, RACISM ALIVE AND WELL !!

Barack Hussein Obama, has one helleva nerve trying to embarrass Karl Rove, a GENIUS, when he is a nobody himself that is going to accomplish NOTHING in the Democratic Primary never mind being PRESIDENT !!

Posted by: burlupus2000 | August 13, 2007 7:14 PM | Report abuse

anlane which truth don't you like...
that obama is mob owned
that his church is racists
or
that he attacks via his associates just like bush does?

or a new one...he's never done anything for more than a few years before moving on...

Posted by: newagent99 | August 13, 2007 4:16 PM | Report abuse

The media drumbeat:

Conservative = "old politics, divisive",

while

down-the-line, same-old liberalism = "exciting, fresh, new ideas, potential to unite America".

Posted by: LStarr3 | August 13, 2007 4:04 PM | Report abuse

dear newagent, dont be a dick

Posted by: candylane | August 13, 2007 3:23 PM | Report abuse

From Obama, the mob owned, member of a racist church canidate who uses his bloggers to insult his fellow dems.

Oh, yeah, that's believable.

Posted by: newagent99 | August 13, 2007 1:56 PM | Report abuse

I concur, well said the next President of the United States.

Posted by: phoenix1964 | August 13, 2007 1:47 PM | Report abuse