The Trail: A Daily Diary of Campaign 2008

Archives

'Joe is Right'

Another kind of piling on -- the good kind -- happened at the Democratic debate in Las Vegas, as the candidates gushed about the wisdom of one of their own: Joe Biden. Over and over, Biden's rivals concurred with the Delaware senator as they gave their own answers. So much so, in fact, that the campaign stitched together a video called "Joe is Right." (Meaning, presumably, he is correct, not moving in a new partisan direction).

--Anne E. Kornblut

Posted at 7:04 PM ET on Nov 16, 2007
Share This: Technorati talk bubble Technorati | Tag in Del.icio.us | Digg This
Previous: In Ron Paul Coins, Federal Agents Don't Trust | Next: Clinton, Obama Feud Over Novak's Tease

Add 44 to Your Site
Get This Widget >>

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

The Democratic candidates keep saying "Joe is right" in the debates. So voters need to get it right by voting and supporting Joe Biden. He is the most qualified to fix the problems in this country created by the current administration.

Posted by: swilson1 | November 21, 2007 9:10 PM

If you stop and think about it, not only is Biden extremely qualified to be president, he is undoubtedly the most ELECTABLE running against any of the Rep. candidates.

Posted by: jallison1 | November 20, 2007 5:04 PM

joe is not only correct, but the only adult running for what is left of the presidency. still time for the kool aid drinkers to come to their senses, but i seriously doubt if the dems will. they could lose the white house again if their are some serious independent campaigns in the general election. i for one will not vote for business as usual.

Posted by: blue111 | November 19, 2007 2:26 PM

Joe Biden is who the country needs as President. He is a straight shooter who tells it like it is. He can unite this country and the world behind it, to fix problems that need cooperation from everyone. The media and the press don't want to focus on who is the best qualified. They just want a story: The 9/11 hero, the first woman, the first black man. I want the best President, and to me that is Joe Biden. Give him the coverage you are giving the rest and let America chose best.

Posted by: blapointe | November 19, 2007 1:14 PM

I have said time and number that I am taking Joe Biden and handing over all the rest of the pack in the Republican Party presidentail elction to anyone who would take them.

Posted by: isang011 | November 19, 2007 12:25 PM

Biden was on ABC's Sunday morning show a couple of weeks ago. He said that when people tell him he would be a great SoS, he responds by asking whether they want to elect a president who *wouldn't* be a great SoS. I thought that was so true, especially in the current state of world affairs. I also have been disappointed in the relative lack of coverage for Biden, Dodd, and Richardson.

Posted by: sal2 | November 19, 2007 10:40 AM

This whole primary thing is bizarre. Biden, Dodd and Richardson are the most qualified to be president, and there isn't much "debate" about that. However, people tend to bury their expectations, and go with the flow. On that basis, it seems most people hope that Dodd or Biden becomes Secretary of State, and Bill Richardson becomes vice president. Either Dodd or Biden would make a fantastic SoS, and Richardson would acquit himself well as VP, and so I suppose that we could do worse (well, actually, we have done quite a bit worse, lately), but why do people downgrade their expectations at such a critical time in the nation's development?

Posted by: y2kcockroach | November 19, 2007 12:52 AM

Although Biden is the smartest foreign policy candidate, Richardson also has bonafides. It is unfortunate the only call for complete worldwide nuclear dis-armament came from the person booed Edwards. Republicans are right to call for an increase in ground forces. I hate the idea of my grandchildren asking me why I did not save the millions dying in Africa and elsewhere when you could. When our country saves people, the high moral standard our forefathers instilled in us will not be led astray by evil neocons enriching themselves. We act righteously, we win peoples heart in the war on terror.

Posted by: jameschirico | November 18, 2007 12:32 PM

I really do like Sen. Biden. He is smart, experienced, knowledgable, and has a sense of humor. This does not describe any of the other candidates. I am so glad to see him getting some press. I wish he could be the nominee, but I guess he hasn't a chance as the other front runners have so much money, and we know we will have the best candidate money can buy. Maybe he can at least be a distinguished Secretary of State. He would do his country proud!

Posted by: beccajo | November 17, 2007 7:02 PM

Anne Kornblut,

Thank you so much for posting this. I have gotten absolutely sick of hearing about Clinton, Obama, and Edwards. And it's not just that. Biden has consistently had the best message on unity, Iraq, and experience all along, but has totally been ignored by the media. I really hope you'll continue to talk about Biden (and Dodd and Richardson) in your media appearances on MSNBC and Hardball.

I originally wrote that Biden was perhaps the strongest Democratic nominee back in September:

And I originally wrote about the role Biden could play in the Democratic field as a straight-shooting veteran statesman back in July here:

Thanks again for paying attention to Biden. Seems like nobody else is talking about him except for maybe Chuck Todd of NBC.

Posted by: theseventen | November 17, 2007 12:47 PM

Other than Obama: Biden is the only other candidate I feel is real, genuine, smart on the issues, and can heal and lead this nation.

I'd be proud to have either one of these men as the president and I hope one of them emerges the winner.

Posted by: Rhoda | November 17, 2007 11:57 AM

I'm a republican, but I really like Joe Biden. He's got an amazing resume behind him, which maybe only Chris Dodd can match. If Joe was the nominee, I would consider crossing over and voting for him against Rudy or Romney.

Posted by: tonyjradco | November 17, 2007 10:00 AM

"Right" never means correct in political discourse. Limbaugh and his ditto heads claim to be "100% Right" wing, far right wing, really, not 100% correct, and anyone who is always "Right" (or always Left for that matter), is wrong most of the time, come hell or high water. Most of the practical answers are in the center, and the Democrats have the unusual blessing this year of more than one candidate in the center. Biden is one.

Posted by: staggslaw | November 17, 2007 8:07 AM

The safety of the republic requires Michael Shear be given this beat. The delay hurts the nation more every day.

Posted by: zukermand | November 16, 2007 11:32 PM