'I Would Consider Joe Biden For Anything'

MASON CITY, IOWA --On Tuesday night here, a voter asked Hillary Clinton "I know it's premature but you're going to be the next president of the United States, so who would you pick as your vice-president"

"Well, I'm not taking anything for granted," Clinton said. "I'm not sure what's going to happen in the caucus. How are we going to campaign through Christmas? New Year's Eve, don't drink very much, you have to be ready on the 3rd," referring to the Jan. 3 date for the Iowa caucuses.

The voters persisted, with the next one asking if Clinton would pick Joe Biden as her vice-president.

"I would consider Joe Biden for anything," Clinton said. "He's a friend of mine, he's a wonderful senator. I'm one of Joe's biggest fans."

--Perry Bacon Jr.

By Washington Post editors  |  November 6, 2007; 12:16 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Clinton Campaign, By The Book
Next: The Clinton Campaign, By The Book

Comments

Well, like it was said earlier in the comments, it's a shame politics has become what it is today - all about money. I might add, however, it has all become about media. If the media would keep their noses out of it and just give candidates equal time, not post polls, just say when a candidate will appear somewhere and not comment on the size of the crowd, etc., then Joe would stand a better chance. His plan for internet for low income families and rural areas would solve a lot of problems for those who only rely on the tube for information.

Oh, and yes, I agree, Joe Biden is hands down the most capable of running this country and we will be poorly served if Clinton or Guiliani are elected, very poorly served.

Posted by: sigham230 | November 12, 2007 6:39 AM | Report abuse

Joe Biden has my vote and my spouses vote also. I'm impressed. He is intelligent,straight forward, very knowledgeable, manages a sense of humor but is serious about getting America back on track. He is also very down to earth and compassionate. I can see this being a possibilty; Joe as president and Hillary as vice president.

Posted by: strawberry_1328 | November 12, 2007 1:01 AM | Report abuse

I would agree with Hillary on one point "considering Joe Biden for anything". I would take it even further we should consider supporting Joe Biden for President. He is an expert in foreign affairs with vast amount of Knowledge of how government works. He command attention when he speaks, and come across well on television. I hope every one take a strong look at Joe Biden and consider voting for him for president.

Posted by: cutellimark | November 7, 2007 10:02 PM | Report abuse

Biden has said he will not serve as anything but Chairman of Foreign Relations if he is not the nominee. Bill will be Hillary's (more benign) Cheney. Who would want to compete with that?

One question voters should ask themselves: if some other nominee asked Hillary to be Secretary of State, would we be surprised that someone with so few qualifications in foreign policy had been selected?

I am caucusing for Biden in Iowa. We need an experienced and knowledgeable grownup in the WH, not someone whose foreign policy experience is limited to tea with the Prime Minister's spouse.

Posted by: snelson648 | November 7, 2007 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Biden makes the top three Democratic candidates look a bunch of rookies. The rest are just also rans. If money did not enter into the picture he would be way out in front. What a shame politics have become in this country. It's all money, money, money.

Posted by: r.woloszyn | November 6, 2007 10:16 PM | Report abuse

Well Joe Biden made it quite clear yesterday that he will not be serving as Hillary Clinton's VP if she wins the nomination. If he does not win the nomination he believes he can contribute the most as Chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Consider the news out of Pakistan who could still truly be thinking of Hillary Clinton as the nominee? seriously?

I'll be caucusing for Joe, with no second choice in mind.

Posted by: willey | November 6, 2007 9:04 PM | Report abuse

After reading his book "Promises to Keep" and listening to his recent interviews regarding foreign relations, How can one not consider voting for Joe Biden

Posted by: jmessier | November 6, 2007 7:09 PM | Report abuse

Biden would be a great cabinet member for a Hillary Clinton White House.

Posted by: mcsizzlesizzle | November 6, 2007 4:00 PM | Report abuse

I consider him the most qualified candidate for president.
Foreign Relations- no doubt
Clear stances and leadership- no doubt
Achievable domestic agenda with broad support from Republicans - no doubt

No doubt the most qualified...considering

Posted by: smheart78 | November 6, 2007 3:32 PM | Report abuse

'I Would Consider Joe Biden For Anything'
Me too, Sen. Clinton. That's why I am voting for him for president.

Posted by: soonerthought | November 6, 2007 2:32 PM | Report abuse