McCain's Daughter Weighs In on Her Blog

By Garance Franke-Ruta
Meghan McCain, the daughter of likely GOP nominee John McCain (R-Ariz.), has been traveling with her father on the road and blogging the campaign at a cheeky, photo-heavy blog she calls the "McCainBlogette."

Last night, after the New York Times posted a story online reporting that some of her father's aides had concerns about his closeness to a female lobbyist eight years ago, the younger McCain, a recent graduate of Columbia University, took to her blog with an elliptical entry that reads like a statement of support for her father as he headed into what were sure to be difficult days for the family.

"Life is all about perspective," she writes in the entry, entitled "Lucky Girl." "Having grown up in politics, I know it's an industry that, for all intents and purposes, is known for being dirty and cruel.

"And yet, despite it all," she continues, "I feel so grateful and blessed for every single day and for the opportunities I've been given." Among the blessings she counts are "wonderful parents I love and who love me in return."

"Why do I choose to be involved in politics right now?" she asks. "Because my father is different. He's compassionate, full of life, hilarious and is a beacon of integrity to myself and to so many others. Politics is rough, but I absolutely adore my Dad and this campaign and have never, ever stopped believing in him. It's just that simple."

By Web Politics Editor  |  February 21, 2008; 3:15 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Johnson's Legacy, Today's Democratic Race
Next: McCain's Lobbyist Problem Presents Fundraising Tool

Comments

Does anyone else think Truman was right to drop two A-bombs?

Posted by: JakeD | February 22, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

No (although FDR attacked in Africa first, not Japan, after Pearl Harbor). Care to answer my question now?

Posted by: JakeD | February 22, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

JakeD:

Do you think Iraq attacked Pearl Harbour?

Posted by: kenonwenu | February 21, 2008 8:58 PM | Report abuse

kenonwenu:

Do you think Truman was right to drop two A-bombs?

Posted by: JakeD | February 21, 2008 7:40 PM | Report abuse

'She closes with pictures from the road, and a link to the bittersweet Coldplay song "Brothers and Sisters," which repeats "Break down, break down/Gotta spread love around" as one of its refrains.'

The sweet McCain family plan on spreading love around with what? B-2s? F-117s?

Dad knows best - the best way to really SPREAD the love is a cluster bomb.

Posted by: kenonwenu | February 21, 2008 7:32 PM | Report abuse

As I have a six year old daughter, I think it will be very cool for her to have eight years of Natasha Obama in the White House who is also six years old. I imagine them sending letters back and forth throughout the years. Okay maybe I don't imagine that but my girl does a big cheer when she sees Obama on the TV... *Obama Baby*. I'm so proud my daughter does not judge people based on skin color. I hope America is ready to get past race and vote for the best candidate. I'm a realist, I know most of the white folks past 60 years old are to set in their ways but I have faith in the rest of the demographics.
*YES WE CAN*