Former Edwards Donors Prefer Obama

By Matthew Mosk
Sen. Barack Obama has raised twice as much money as Sen. Hillary Clinton from donors who had previously been bankrolling John Edwards's presidential bid, according to a new analysis by CQ MoneyLine of contributions given in February, the first full month after Edwards dropped out of the running.

The analysis found that 287 former Edwards contributors donated to $200,000 to Obama last month. Clinton received contributions from 138 former Edwards backers, giving her $114,000 from the group.
Both camps aggressively pursued the Edwards crowd in the days before Edwards formally dropped from the campaign.

Mitchell Berger, a Florida lawyer who migrated from Edwards to Obama, said in an interview with The Trail yesterday that he went with Obama because he "appeals to the better angels." Berger said he is being joined by a number of former Edwards backers to host an April 9 Florida fundraiser for Obama that will be headlined by the candidate's wife, Michelle Obama.

By Washington Post editors  |  March 28, 2008; 12:10 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Where No Other Democratic Leader Has Dared Go
Next: For Clinton and Supporters, Not Time to Bow Out

Comments

I prefer the uncertainties of Obama's presidency to the stand-pattism of Clinton's centrism.

Posted by: WatermelonGrower | March 31, 2008 9:20 PM | Report abuse

LOL another troller surfaces.

Well ok I will nibble a little bit.

There is no "might be" if you think Rush Limbaugh urged people to become a Democrat for a day in Ohio and vote for Hillary, because he wants her to be the next President.

It is time to focus more on McSame (as Bush) saying that we need to get rid of more regulations to solve the subprime mortagage market implosion. It was the very lack of regulation and mandated transparency that allow people with no skin in the game to approve bad loans and sell them off in bundles.

Posted by: michael | March 29, 2008 9:43 PM | Report abuse

YOU MIGHT BE AN IDIOT:-)

If you think Barack Obama with little or no experience would be better than Hillary Clinton with 35 years experience.

You Might Be An Idiot!

If you think that Obama with no experience can fix an economy on the verge of collapse better than Hillary Clinton. Whose ;-) husband (Bill Clinton) led the greatest economic expansion, and prosperity in American history.

You Might Be An Idiot!

If you think that Obama with no experience fighting for universal health care can get it for you better than Hillary Clinton. Who anticipated this current health care crisis back in 1993, and fought a pitched battle against overwhelming odds to get universal health care for all the American people.

You Might Be An Idiot!

If you think that Obama with no experience can manage, and get us out of two wars better than Hillary Clinton. Whose ;-) husband (Bill Clinton) went to war only when he was convinced that he absolutely had to. Then completed the mission in record time against a nuclear power. AND DID NOT LOSE THE LIFE OF A SINGLE AMERICAN SOLDIER. NOT ONE!

You Might Be An Idiot!

If you think that Obama with no experience saving the environment is better than Hillary Clinton. Whose ;-) husband (Bill Clinton) left office with the greatest amount of environmental cleanup, and protections in American history.

You Might Be An Idiot!

If you think that Obama with little or no education experience is better than Hillary Clinton. Whose ;-) husband (Bill Clinton) made higher education affordable for every American. And created higher job demand and starting salary's than they had ever been before or since.

You Might Be An Idiot!

If you think that Obama with no experience will be better than Hillary Clinton who spent 8 years at the right hand of President Bill Clinton. Who is already on record as one of the greatest Presidents in American history.

You Might Be An Idiot!

If you think that you can change the way Washington works with pretty speeches from Obama, rather than with the experience, and political expertise of two master politicians ON YOUR SIDE like Hillary and Bill Clinton..

You Might Be An Idiot!

If you think all those Republicans voting for Obama in the Democratic primaries, and caucuses are doing so because they think he is a stronger Democratic candidate than Hillary Clinton. :-)

Best regards

jacksmith...

Posted by: JackSmith1 | March 29, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

I am a former Edwards supporter, former Edwards state convention delegate in 2004 and yes I am now a Obama supporter and alternate. We just had our congressional level delegate selection meeting and I saw no former Edwards supporter on the Clinton side to select her national delegates.

To my fellow Obama supporters, please do not get upset at Clinton supporters over what you read here. I suspect that a large portion of the Obama attackers here are actually Republican trollers.

To all true Democrats, preasure your candidate to compete by showing that they are better and attacking Republicans and McSame (as Bush), instead of attacking fellow Democrats.

Posted by: michael | March 29, 2008 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Dear "gmundenat 04:53 PM" writes: "Hillary appeals to the lesser educated among us. It shows, it really shows."

While reading your comment my first impression is that you are one of them, but I am certainly wrong. However, do you mean that only "educated" people are allowed to talk or write? As a matter of fact I think that not even Barack Obama would agree.

Einstein

Posted by: royrichard | March 28, 2008 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Dear "daxjen13 03:24 PM", you write "What are you writing about????Are you high on drugs????How can you make such serious allegations without any profound evidence??? Because Obama is great and you cannot stand that...???"

Please, economize your question marks. You and many other Americans are surprisingly single-eyed! Since Hillary Clinton started her campaign she has had to stand extremly servere allegations without any profound evidence! The only thing that I was trying to explain to you and others is that Barack Obamas life has not been penetrated in the same ugly and unfair way. Hillary Clinton has proven to be able to stand servere public demands as well as insulting events in her marrige which she cannot be accused on. You "daxjen13" maybe is one of those simple cowards? However I don´t belive that you would ever behave like that.

If you look closely then you you will find out that you and any other normal human beings are hiding one, two or mayby more things in the closet which he or she is not prepared to advertise if it´s not necessary. The Jeremiah Wright story is one example.

Posted by: royrichard | March 28, 2008 5:42 PM | Report abuse

We also had a president in my lifetime that had little percieved experience. His name was John Fitzgerald Kennedy. Obama has over 20 years of real experience. Not someone elses. It just isn't at the federal level.

Posted by: gherman22 | March 28, 2008 5:23 PM | Report abuse

I agree with skyriak. The NYT does have sneaky support of Clinton. For example, a few weeks ago, there was a video clip of Clinton as a young girl from an old home movie. It amounted to daily free advertising. Today it's the video of Clinton's talking about health care. Again, more free advertising.

Posted by: keithhood | March 28, 2008 5:15 PM | Report abuse

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

*This Christian recognizes Christian actions*

*This Christian recognizes true acts of the REAL definition of Love according to my faith*

I disagree with some of his pastor's statements, but I applaud Obama for his character and his actions, and his stances on the issues.

YESSSSSSS PEOPLE YESSSSSS!!!

Posted by: Obama2008 | March 28, 2008 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Hillary appeals to the lesser educated among us. It shows, it really shows.

Posted by: gmundenat | March 28, 2008 4:53 PM | Report abuse

For those who would like to hear more than 'media soundbites' of Rev. Wright's sermons, please take the time to visit Trinity United's YouTube site: www.youtube.com/user/TRINITYCHGO

Watching a sermon, will really put the message into context, and I'm really disappointed that the media has been unwilling to provide 'fair and balanced' reporting on this controversy.

Posted by: kenedwards | March 28, 2008 4:47 PM | Report abuse

HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT IS A VOTE FOR THE AMERICA WE CHERISH AND HOLD DEAR.

VOTING FOR AN IMPOSTER WITH A BIG MOUTH AND A BIG POCKETBOOK SO HE CAN BUY WHO AND WHAT HE WANTS IS BEING A TRAITER TO OUR COUNTRY. DON'T BE FOOLED DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

Posted by: LOONYBIN2000 | March 28, 2008 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Reality Check
As an American from Pennsylvania, I find it AMAZING that Americans would even CONSIDER John McCain (Bush III) or another scandalous Clinton Administration.

Hillary seems very sincere and a woman president may be part of the Rx for America. But, the Republican Machine will tear Hillary apart piece by piece. I certainly don't want to be hearing about Whitewater, Vince Foster, or Monica Lewinsky for the next six months instead of how to fix the global economy and how to win peace in Iraq and across the mideast.

Here are the FACTS.
1) Obama is a Christian not a Muslim and he NEVER HAS BEEN. He is the only candidate that has not had scandals related to his infidelity, seems to be in a monogomous relationship and who embrases true Christian ethics. I think that he is more moraly aligned with the Christian right than anyone else running. I am SHOCKED that more Christians have not flocked to his campaign. Although it may have something to do with his name and his race.
2) My Catholic Church's leaders in the Vatican have said things and done things that I do not agree with, but I still do believe in Christ and that we are all God's Children and that we should follow the "essence" of what the church originally stood for but not the personalities that say stupid and harmful things.
3) John McCain wants to not just continue the war, but EXTEND it and he may even be more dangerous that Bush in the long term.
4) Hillary seems like a sincere person but I believe that America needs a new direction and her campaign is financed by the same old Lobbyists that will continue business as usual.
5) It does my heart good to see a candidate like Obama and I am certain that God willing, he is able to be one the greatest presidents of our generation and more.
6) Having grown up in Pennsylvania, I am certain that The People of this great state will do what's best for America and not listen to the frustrated and desperate people who are grasping for the power they will untimately lose.
7) Obama is the only canidate who WAS AGAILST NAFTA from the beginning. and is the only candidate who wants to give tax incentiveds for companies that CREATE JOBS and STAY in America.

It is good that respectable people like Mr Casey will come out and support Obama NOW so that he can rap this nomination up and we can all get back to the issues involved.
Obama '08

Posted by: costaricanet | March 28, 2008 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Bob Casey, while endorsing Barack Obama today, talked about his four beautiful and intelligent daughters, the youngest only eleven. Honestly Bob Casey, to me Obama sounds like a dangerous youth manipulator only. "Sexy Obama Joins etc........" (Source: ABC News). Well, well, well girls come on and meet the falce "professor".

Posted by: royrichard | March 28, 2008 4:34 PM | Report abuse

"The Republicans will eat him for lunch, dinner and then serve him up as dessert."
Posted by: Texan2007

That sounds like a mouthful. Be careful, though--y'all might choke.

Posted by: edwcorey | March 28, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

With all the money Hussein Obama spends per day, Islam, Farrakhan, Oprah and Oil, to get another endorsement is like PETTY CASH. OBAMA NOW SPENDS OVER $1 MILLION A DAY ON HIS CAMPAIGN. MUST BE A LOT OF PAY OUTS. IF YOU GET WHAT THAT MEANS!!!!!!!! and we must not forget the lessons Obama constantly gets from his former pastor, Wright is his name and WRONG AND DANGEROUS is his ideology!

Posted by: LOONYBIN2000 | March 28, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Sen.Casey is endorsing Obama because-let me get this straight "Obama appeals to the better Angels".What kind of crackpot reason is that?Every person who has endorsed Obama has given the most ridiculous reasons.We have heard that he is different,he is inspiring,he is promising change and now he appeals to the better Angels.What is the opposite of that-Devils?We are sooooooo in trouble.People are going gaga over a man who has not voiced any actual changes,plagiarizes other people's opinions,states he would have left Trinity Church if Rev. Wright had not retired and noone sees anything wrong with that? He was in that Church for 20 years,he heard plenty of hate spewing sermons,but gee whiz too bad the Pastor retired before Obama would have bravely walked out.I guess the Angels must be on his side, they made it easy for him.Is that why Obama still speaks to Wright,and is sorry people do not get to experience the good,kind Pastor.Then,Mr.Obama you should have stood by you friend and mentor and really show the caliber of man you are.But I suppose the change you are bringing about is the change which allows friends to disavow friends (Richardson et al).I am not happy with the change you are bringing about.It seems you,and the people you attract have no loyalty.Maybe that is why you cannot accept Hillary's loyalty to her husband.Who's to say you and your coterie will be loyal to the people of this country? I am taking a stand and say you are only loyal to yourself,and the rest of us mean nothing to you .I believe in Hillary.She will get my vote.

Posted by: ToniAmato20 | March 28, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ToniAmato20 | March 28, 2008 4:28 PM | Report abuse

RoyRichards. You must have living in a hole. Don,t you know that GWB has done more damage to this country in 7 years than all the rest of the presidents combined. You do not even know Sen Obama. You are just an inorant biggot.

Posted by: gmcintyre | March 28, 2008 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Hillary Clinton needs to begin to prepare her exit from the race... Several sources in her own camp admit that she has virtually no chance of winning the nomination except if she succeeds in finding James Hoffa's body and moving it in Obama's flower garden to put the blame on him.

Since there is little chance for the body to be found, she makes all these negative assertions. The goal seems to be the 2012 election. By putting enough doubts on Obama, Hillary is hoping that he will lose to McCain and that she or Chelsea (who is also an experienced leader after her journey at the White House mansion) will be able to run in 2012. The Clintons might then be able to capitalize again with the rental of the Lincoln Bedroom to big lobbyists.

Whatever happens, since the Judas story with Richardson, we know that Hillary believes in ressurection; she or her husband Bill would be Jesus if I understood correctly the story. So, we can assume that Hillary will not hesitate to play the kamikaze with this election or the next one since she will probably reborn again, as the savior.

Hillary Clinton needs to begin to prepare her exit from the race before she hurts herself or others.

Posted by: Logan6 | March 28, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Barack Obama for President of the UNITED States of America.

Posted by: PulSamsara | March 28, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Scara:

Very well said in a nutshell. Wright will never be forgotten for the disturbance, but in terms of The Issues, he is old news. We've all heard of him and made our judgments, but you have broken down the facts more than I have and I am just tired of typing it all down.

Simply put, let the majority of us whom understand the facts MOVE FORWARD and leave the few twisting in the wind. It may do better to skim and skip past the old Wright comments.

Noone is perfect period including pastors, so everyone should perhaps not even attend church. Just stay home. Sarcastically speaking.

I like Obama's statements, his actions, his stances. I also like his talk on bringing our military home AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. That holds more weight than some pastor's sideline statements.

I wouldn't mind seeing McCain defend himself in a debate on that issue. Many of us are definitely tired of this illegit war in Iraq. Did you catch the part when McCain got the groups mistaken as he spoke to our military overseas, and a senator had to correct him? Can you imagine what our servicemen listening to McCain speak, what their thoughts were?! I bet they were both shocked and/or frightened; they are probably hoping for us to generally nominate either candidate but he himself.

I'm generally in that direction. Wright's not on this campaign to help bring some change. Obama and Hillary is.

Like I said: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Posted by: Obama2008 | March 28, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

To the rest of the thread, I am getting a very real transcript of the American people through you, It is very insightful. To some of you, the Obama supporters, I want to thank you for the backup, and let me say this, I have never been so proud of my country as I have been of late, because we are pulling together as a unit to let the rest of the country and world know that we will no longer take a back seat to the shenanigans of our government and will band together to make some purposeful changes. Please don't get me wrong, I love this country like no other, but I have to be truthful, sometimes I have wept for my country also, and it's still the best country on this earth.

Posted by: scaramouche23 | March 28, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scaramouche23 | March 28, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

It is not that Richest candidate always win. Look at Romney. It is that the candidate who are most supported ends up with most donation and that is a good indication of win or loss. Money follows the prospect. Prospect gets helped by the money. There is no secret about this. The question could be where the money come from. This will color the candidacy. Like it or not.

Posted by: humblesage | March 28, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

It is not that Richest candidate always win. Look at Rommney. It is that the candidate most supported ends up with most donation and that is a good indication of win or loss. Money follows the prospect. Prospect gets helped by money. There is no secret about this. The question could be where the money come from. This will color the candidacy. Like it or not.

Posted by: humblesage | March 28, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

I appreciate the information on Pastor Wright, although I will say that even I was disturbed by some of the clips played. I do like Obama's statements though in contrast to Mr. Wright. I like Obama's actions as well.

Disturbed by some of the pastor's comments, yes. I don't have all of the knowledge about him to make a fully educated judgment. I have reasons to not think as poorly of Mr. Wright as others do, but I don't understand some comments he's shown to make.

Again I repeat, I DO LIKE Obama's statements. I like what Obama does.

Posted by: Obama2008 | March 28, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

The bottom line is, Obama is the new democratic party. He is maintaining the base but at the same time bringing in the the youth vote, and the ellusive black vote. He also appeals to independents. Republicans do not like what they see, and are trying their best to knock him off stride and support Clinton for all its worth. The danger of a Clinton campaign aside from the obvious ammunition for the Repubs that a Clinton brings to the table, is it hijacks the Democratic party cohesiveness into the future. After this divisive battle it is very likely the black vote will be gone for some time and that independents and the youth will either not vote or vote McCain. In other words a fractured party for some time. This will have an affect on all branches of elected government. The Republicans are wringing their hands indeed.

Posted by: bruceturnbull | March 28, 2008 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Bush really lost that election, and in the end it was just given to him.

Many of us saw the mistake before it happened actually. After the mishaps of the 1st term, however, SOMEHOW he got a 2nd term.

Obama appears to have better style of leadership and common sense in regards to this country, not to mention his intelligence. Thank goodness for his education.

Posted by: Obama2008 | March 28, 2008 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Cybervote:

What I can't understand is why anyone feels that Barack Obama should have to answer any of your questions. You had no intention of voting for him anyway. He satisfied his voting block with his answers, but I'll answer a few of your questions. Rev. Wright is his minister, but that really doesn't mean that he believes everything he says. He gives $ because in the black church they believe in tithing (which is in the bible) that parishoners are supposed to donate 10% of their income before taxes at no matter what income level they are. Answer to number 1 - because he likes the community of the church and because he wanted to, that was were he felt a communion with God. Answer to number two...who cares. Number three - you ever hear of parental guidance, in other words, if you hear someone saying something that is absolutely not your thoughts you explain to your children the difference. You are your children's first teacher. I don't wear an American pin -- why, because I've been against the Iraq war since we invaded, I also stopped flying the flag everyday...does that make me less an American, no, I disagreed with a policy of my country...I cried for the service people having to go...I have many service people in my family...my sister served in Desert Storm...I don't wear a pin, sue me. He didn't throw grandma under the bus, he made a generational, or is it, analogy. Number 7 - I'm not even going to dignify that question - how absurd, as is your last question. And now, let's get back on to the issues at hand and what ails America so that some of the problems can be fixed.

Posted by: scaramouche23 | March 28, 2008 3:58 PM | Report abuse

Cybervote:

Posted by: scaramouche23 | March 28, 2008 3:58 PM | Report abuse

we already tried electing an inexperienced person whom everyone agreed was a nice guy. They liked the way he talked. He seemed to reach out to people and connect with them on a personal level.

His name was George W. Bush.

Posted by: gmcc | March 28, 2008 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Cybervote:

What I can't understand is why anyone feels that Barack Obama should have to answer any of your questions. You had no intention of voting for him anyway. He satisfied his voting block with his answers, but I'll answer a few of your questions. Rev. Wright is his minister, but that really doesn't mean that he believes everything he says. He gives $ because in the black church they believe in tithing (which is in the bible) that parishoners are supposed to donate 10% of their income before taxes at no matter what income level they are. Answer to number 1 - because he likes the community of the church and because he wanted to, that was where he felt a communion with God. Answer to number two...who cares. Number three - you ever hear of parental guidance, in other words, if you hear someone saying something that is absolutely not your thoughts you explain to your children the difference. You are your children's first teacher. I don't wear an American pin -- why, because I've been against the Iraq war since we invaded, I also stopped flying the flag everyday...does that make me less an American, no, I disagreed with a policy of my country...I cried for the service people having to go...I have many service people in my family...my sister served in Desert Storm...I don't wear a pin, sue me. He didn't throw grandma under the bus, he made a generational, or is it, analogy. Number 7 - I'm not even going to dignify that question - how absurd, as is your last question. And now, let's get back on to the issues at hand and what ails America so that some of the problems can be fixed.

Posted by: scaramouche23 | March 28, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Cybervote:

Posted by: scaramouche23 | March 28, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Uh, no, the Clintons are richer than Obama. Obama has more money FOR HIS CAMPAIGN because (1) He has more donors (over a million) and (2) all together they have donated more money. So in this case Obama has become "the richest candidate" because more of The People prefer his candidacy.

Posted by: egc52556 | March 28, 2008 03:48 PM
*********

uh, well, the Clintons have been in public life for a far longer time than Obama.

after 8 years of an Obama presidency, I bet they'll be just as filthy rich as you accuse the Clinton's of being.

foundations, universties, corporations, etc. all want you on their board, speaking circuits, book deals, magazines, publishers, you gots lotsa ways to make a boat load of ca$h.

Posted by: vmrg1974 | March 28, 2008 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Obama is attracting more independents and new voters than Clinton. That telle you something about the man. He is not bound by the status quo. I disagree that Republicans are voting Obama and will not vote for him come General election!! Be reminded that most republicans are fed up off Bush and McCains policies that they will be happy to vote them out. Me included. Watch out. OBAMA 08

Posted by: jdaveuk | March 28, 2008 01:42 PM
*********

attracting the independents who the majority will end up voting for McCain?

attracing new voters, as in the republicans in open primaries who voted for him 'cos republicans are more confident running against him?

12 years of incompetent, inexperienced leaders in the white house will doom this nation.

Posted by: vmrg1974 | March 28, 2008 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Will those committed Christians who believe this country is above God's judgment please stand up.

You hypocrites!

Posted by: asja | March 28, 2008 3:50 PM | Report abuse

mknitkowski: no catholic priest ever preached a sermon encouraging pedophilia. It is not the same contrast you draw. This guy spews hate out of every orifice of his body. And obama just sat there... Great judgment and leadership.

BTW: Many parishioners did call for the resignation of priests, they pleaded up the chain of the archdioceses. And most were successful.

Posted by: gmcc | March 28, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

[QUOTE]
Posted by: royrichard | March 28, 2008 12:52 PM: The richest candidate will win? This is absolutely against every Democratical Ideal. And still it is possible that money will be decides!
[/QUOTE]

Posted by: egc52556 | March 28, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

We all should mention our ages, it might reveal that not all Obama supporters are latte drinking late-teen agers as HilaryÅ› folks claim. I'm 80 and can't wait to watch Obama's swearing-in on the Capitol steps!

Posted by: lelandnichols1 | March 28, 2008 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Rev. Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr. is not the voice of Barack Obama, however, Pastor Wright does speak for most Americas whether we choose to believe him or not. Pastor Wright's angry comments about America reflect the many actions America has taken that are somehow overlooked by God fearing patriotic Americans. We were the first and only nation to use the nuclear bomb, and we used it against innocent civilians when we attacked Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Surly we could have warned Japan before incinerating millions of innocent civilians. America also captured innocent Africans, unmercifully packed them like sardines on sail boats, and turned them into slaves so a few rich plantation owners could become ultra wealthy for many generations. America unmercifully killed thousands of Native Americans by infecting them with small pox and starving them into submission so a few people could get even richer on the American plains. Recently America illegally invaded an oil rich foreign country that never attacked us, justifying its actions based on lies about weapons of mass destruction and linking Iraq to the attack on the twin towers. We all know, but are somehow in denial over the fact, that most of the hijackers were Saudi Arabian citizens and none were from Iraq. Yet the Bushies have a bizarrely close relationship with the oil rich Saudi Kingdom. Remember, Saudi Arabians can't vote and women can't show their faces or drive cars, yet we invaded secular Iraq. Pastor Wright has a valid point when he speaks angrily about what America has done. Pastor Wright was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He completed his elementary education in that city and then went to Virginia Union University. After three and a half years at Virginia Union, Pastor Wright left school and entered the United States Marine Corps. He transferred from the USMC into the United States Navy where he served as a cardiopulmonary technician. After six years in the military, Pastor Wright transferred to Howard University where he completed his undergraduate studies and received his first Master's Degree. His second Master's Degree was from the University of Chicago Divinity School. His Doctorate was received from the United Theological Seminary under Dr. Samuel DeWitt Proctor. In addition to Pastor Wright's four earned degrees, he has been the recipient of eight honorary doctorates. I believe that we should listen carefully to patriotic and learned voices of reason like Pastor Wright. We should support any future president who does not have a rose colored vision of America the Beautiful, when we have much work to do in America to make it a place of Liberty and Justice for all. Obama 08

Posted by: jimasparro | March 28, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Since when American trade Uncle Sam for Uncle Wright. 20 years ago?

Posted by: jy2008 | March 28, 2008 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Since when American trade Uncle Sam for Uncle Wright. 20 years ago?

Posted by: jy2008 | March 28, 2008 3:39 PM | Report abuse

My take on this is as follows. There is no way you can be a diehard John Edwards supporter for what he promoted on the campaign and support Hillary Clinton w/o her doing 180 degree in her policy and attitude. Edwards spoke more to our needs than any other candidate, FOR SURE. But Barack Obama is that special kinda candidate that transcends all conventional political theories. It is what it is ya'all.

Posted by: Gharza | March 28, 2008 3:37 PM | Report abuse

For all the Catholics posting about Rev. Wright I have a question to throw out (and would love an answer):

As the truth came out about the many priests in the Cathoic church molesting young within their congregations....did you, as a good Catholic, step up and leave your church? I would wager the answer is a resounding NO...then ask yourself WHY? I may not like how Rev. Wright preached in reference to my country, but I am glad to see that Obama's character did not 'throw him under the bus' just to get elected....I respect that - just as I understand why you continued to attend church after the story of priests across this country broke.

Posted by: mknitkowski | March 28, 2008 3:37 PM | Report abuse

I'm sorry, not Cantabrigian but skyriak!

Here's the latest biased propaganda on the front page of the online (turning-into-a pandering-rag) New York Times:

Posted by: personal109 | March 28, 2008 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Cantabrigian, that was awesome. Great point! I nominate you for president!

Posted by: personal109 | March 28, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Let us be united for the cause! What a fine candidate!

I will support Hillary if she gets it, but Obama is my first choice. I am so proud of everyone on The Team!

I think most of us are definitely tired of Bush's policies and it's time for a new leader. Obama is very very appealing.

Thank you Casey =) Thanks to fellow Republicans whom recognize we share similar causes. Absolutely. Let's make it happen!!!

YESSSSSSS!!!

Edwards supporters: You get the nod =)

Posted by: Obama2008 | March 28, 2008 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Re-royrichard

Posted by: daxjen13 | March 28, 2008 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Not sure this country is ready for a black president with an arabic name and muslim
beliefs.
Everyone wants change but change too fast and we have chaos. Watching the Hillary and Obama campaign is nothing but chaos. Not that we have any great choice for president of these United States of America, at least no one with any leadership ability.

Posted by: bear077 | March 28, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

beliefs.

Posted by: bear077 | March 28, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Electing a person who has the most money or may or may not be the best looking candidate, is a immature and naive mistake.
Obama supporters will rue the day they voted this guy in, if he wins.
Laugh now, cry later.

Posted by: Thozmaniac | March 28, 2008 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Obama will never make it all the way. And that seems to be what Obama supporters, Endorsers and Obama himself don't get! They just want him to beat Senator Clinton. But it makes NO difference if he wins the Dem nominee if he cannot win the General Election. And he can't. So all is lost if he is the nominee. The Republicans will eat him for lunch, dinner and then serve him up as dessert.

Posted by: Texan2007 | March 28, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

If every white person in the pews believed what their conservative cracker preachers in the the pulpit was preaching, we'd have no shame to talk about Mr. Obama.
When does listening to a preacher in the pulpit make you sympathetic to thier views ?

Every preacher in Texas is Pro life, anti working woman, pro death penalty..go figure..

Posted by: info1 | March 28, 2008 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Obama continues to show that he has a lack of character and judgment besides his lack of experience. He still can't answer these real questions about his relationship with his mentor, Wright?

1. why do you stay for 20 years?
2. why do you still appoint Wright your adviser even though you remove him from the big event of announcing your candidacy?
3. why do you still let your children go to the church to hear Wright's anti-white and anti-american preaching?
4. why do you not wear an American flag pin any more more?
5. why do you pick a new pastor who also believes in Wright teaching?
6. why do you do throw your grandma under the bus with a 'typical white person'
7. why do you incite the Blacks and throw them under the bus by making it sound like all Blacks believe in Wright teaching?
8. why do you contribute large sum of $ to Wright's church?
9. why do you believe in the Black liberation theology which is Wright's teaching?

Wright is entitled to his belief. This scandal is not about Wright. It is all about Obama's decisions to the above questions. They show us his lack of character, belief and judgment. When a presidential candidate believes in this type of anti-white, anti-american, black liberation theology then he must answer these questions.

Posted by: cybervote | March 28, 2008 2:54 PM | Report abuse

skyraik:

RODHAM is her maiden, not middle, name.

Posted by: JakeD | March 28, 2008 2:46 PM | Report abuse

" SENATOR CASEY OF PENNSYLVANIA ENDORSES OBAMA "

" ... Senator Bob Casey is going against the grain in his state, where polls show Hillary Rodham Clinton ahead by at least 12 percentage points ..."

Is this nauseating enough for you?

Here's the translation:

We are absolutely forced to admit that Obama now has yet another superdelegate supporting him, but we're certainly NOT going to mention that he's a superdelegate, and also 'Hillary RODHAM Clinton' (We're constantly using her middle name so that you are reminded as often as possible that his middle name is one that many racists are afraid of) is by the way WAY ahead in the polls in PA so Senator Casey is probably wasting his time and the time of most of the peeople in that state.

That's what they're REALLY saying.

again:

I have no problem with NYT endorsing the Clintons,

I DO have a problem with them taking advantage of readers with subliminal messages and this kind of propagandistic, biased, distorted garbage sewer-bilgewater they call 'journalism'.

The spineless cowards who pass this crap off as 'news' know very well most people have neither the time (nor in some cases) the ability to see how subtly, intentionally, and maliciously, they distort the truth.

One article here and there is no big deal.

NYT is doing it constantly, day after day, many times every day, in many different ways.

I wonder : In what way will NYT profit if the Clintons get their third term ?

Posted by: skyriak | March 28, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Good Grief, an Obama supporter claims that he appeals to,"better angels." What kind of nonsense is that? There is no way to economically or morally correct the damage that Pastor Wright inflicted upon hundreds of young minds when yelling white racist rants at his church! Can you imagine the damage to the psyche of children who heard their Pastor yelling that the American government invented Aids to destroy them? Mr. and Mrs. Barak Obama took their little girls to this church, and we witnessed Michelle Obama's angry anti-American sentiments. Wrong - not better angels!

Posted by: Cantabrigian | March 28, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

The Tide is Turning for us, the citizens of America. Help is on the way with Barack Obama and the literally millions of us who support him. We'll get this country back on track!

Come join us!

Posted by: lexi1 | March 28, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jdaveuk | March 28, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Good-glad to have you aboard.

Posted by: majorteddy | March 28, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Obama 2008!!!!

I know so many republicans voting for Obama that November won't even be close.

Posted by: mrwhendul | March 28, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Hardly any surprise here. If people weren't with Hillary to begin with, then they are mostly in the "any Democrat but Hillary" camp. Virtually all of the Edwards people I know here in Texas (I among them) jumped to Obama immediately upon Edward's departure. One woman I spoke to(a middle-age anglo and convention delegate) volunteered that she was a Kuchich-come Edwards-come Obama supporter. Do you see a pattern here? The Bill Richardson endorsement was largely him following his supporters. Isn't it increasingly clear why Hillary can never achieve a majority?

Posted by: Stonecreek | March 28, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

And so Roy you are officially the only person in the world that know who Barack Obama is and everyone else that supports him are crazy. Maybe your crazy backside need to listen to the issues rather than the gossip and then and only then will you be able to make intellectual comments with reference to this campaign. Others have been listening to both sides, that is why Obama is leading.

Posted by: morristravel | March 28, 2008 1:11 PM | Report abuse

You are right royrichard...the richest candidate will win, not the richest in terms of wealth, but richest in terms of support. Obama has raised vast more money from smaller donations from millions of people. Hillary has raised a lot of money from fundraisers who contribute $1,000 to $2300 which is a lot less people than Obama's fundraisers.

Your criticism is hypocritical when we know that 20 wealthy Pro-Clinton donors tried to intimidate the Speaker of the House Pelosi and override the will of the voters.

Obama in 08!

Posted by: ajtiger92 | March 28, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

The richest candidate will win? This is absolutely against every Democratical Ideal. And still it is possible that money will decide and end this drama..!

Posted by: royrichard | March 28, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Right now I are listening to Sen. Bob Casey. He has just been talking about his four beautiful and intelligent daughters, he has been talking about youths in common and he has been talking about Barack Obama. He especially has noticed Obamas strength when he has been under fire........etc. etc.... Mr Casey, honestly - this man has never been under real fire! To me he sounds like a very, very dangerous youth manipulator only...... Mr Casey, for sure this perfect orator has no Obama-girls hiding in his cloakroom at the Obama theater. But you know Mr. Casey, you know absolutely nothing about him. He might have......... because you do not know anything about him! "The fears urgency of now" - if you vote for him now it might be too late to change! It´s too late when you suddenly realice what kind of man Obama really was. You have no free return .......! This man is not a uniter. He is deliberatly or unawarely dividing youths from elder citizens in this great nation, he has been contributing to racial diversion whatever you say Mr. Senator Casey. He has deliberity excluded some states and their voice will not be heard because it is against his own possible future power. This unnatural man and his followers are not to be trusted................. he is not decent Mr. Senator Casey! This man is going to break down the United States of America. This man deliberatly steals politcal arguments from his fellow Democrate competitor, this man has never, ever been talking about sexism and equal rights regardless gender. Mr. Sen. Bob Casey in all honesty
I feel sorry for your beautiful and intelligent daughters.....! This man is talking about endorsements from Washington insiders ..... this man is trying to split and create diversion ......... and finally he is not talking about the public votes from Florida and Michigan because he is not a man to be trusted on. 'Sexy' Obama Joins.......well, well, well girls.....take a seat...

Posted by: royrichard | March 28, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse