The Trail: A Daily Diary of Campaign 2008

Archives

Video Report

Obama Reaches Out to Female Voters in Indiana

Note: Please upgrade your Flash plug-in to view our enhanced content.

A day after his loss in Pennsylvania, Sen. Barack Obama appealed to female voters in Indiana. A majority of women sided with Sen. Hillary Clinton in Pennsylvania. (Associated Press)

Posted at 2:26 PM ET on Apr 23, 2008  | Category:  Video Report
Share This: Technorati talk bubble Technorati | Tag in Del.icio.us | Digg This
Previous: In Johnson's Footsteps, McCain Finds Republicans | Next: Hillary's Post-Pa. Money Haul

Add 44 to Your Site
Get This Widget >>

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

Indiana and North Carolina.

I am a Forty year old White woman who is VOTING for BARACK OBAMA.

His message rang true for me, he will make changes in Washington. Hillary is the OLD POLITICS.

BARACK OBAMA WILL WIN MCCAIN IN THE GENERAL.

STOP THE MADNESS...YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE

BARACK OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT.

GOD BLESS

Posted by: Michelle L. | May 2, 2008 4:42 PM

I am a white female,peer of Bush 43 and the Clintons, have never voted for a Democrat,but this year is different. The Democrats have the candidate that should be elected President in 2008 and that candidate is Barack Obama. The Clinton and the Bush administrations have written their mistakes in the history book, and the White House needs to close both of those eras. This country needs the change that Obama and his family can bring to our White House, an image and message to the world that America can lead in the manner that can bring people together. His ability to articulate the mission for America fulfills what Gerald Stanley Lee has said, "America is a tune; it must be sung together", and this has energized the electorate like no other candidate, and younger voters have definitely felt his sincerity and passion. America would be proud to have the Obama family in the White House, and I would gladly,for the first time, vote for a Democrat, Barack Obama. I urge all who can to make the same wise choice for America!

Posted by: Sandy Brandt | April 28, 2008 6:10 PM

Hillary Clinton-is on male hormones, ready to blow up everyone.
Scary stuff man.

Posted by: justadad55 | April 25, 2008 1:04 PM

When Ahnold the "Governator" REACHED out at Women Voters,

He got in Trouble! ;~)

Posted by: RAT-The | April 23, 2008 5:56 PM

Jan,

I am not "Prussian Blue." I am also not a delusional voter nor is Obama the "Obamassiah." Then again Clinton is not perfect either - I imagine that many of the skeletons in her closet (both real and ginned up by the right wing noise machine) will come back to haunt her the way Rev. Wright and "bittergate" are now dogging Obama.

I refuse to give myself an ulcer over the Clinton vs. Obama campaign. I have my reasons for supporting Obama and you apparently have your reasons for supporting Hillary. Both of them are vastly superior to McCain. Take a deep breath for a second.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 23, 2008 4:26 PM

"Why would Clinton supporters ever care to be in the same Party with PrussianBlue1 and her Obamessiah?"

Jan, Do yourself a favor - Google "Prussian Blue". Then ask yourself whether or not that was a real Obama supporter.
Or do you already know the answer?

Posted by: kenga | April 23, 2008 3:25 PM

No Jan, that's the message from one supporter whose comment you have chosen as indicative of Obama's campaign. You should base your decision on which candidate would make the best president, on which we can legitimately disagree, not on the basis of an anonymous blog post you found offensive. And you're right, Obama should go away. He's only winning the delegate count and the popular vote.

Posted by: Adam | April 23, 2008 3:22 PM

so sick and tired of hearing the same record over,over,and over..perhaps someone should tell obama to play the other side...its probaly same old fairy tale but maybe I won't have to hear same old bolony

Posted by: lucygirl1 | April 23, 2008 3:12 PM

Jan,

"Nastiest bloggers in politics"?

Who cares?

Bloggers are bloggers. Candidates are candidates. Sheesh.

Posted by: DC | April 23, 2008 3:11 PM

Too little, too late.
Obama supporters are some of the nastiest bloggers in politics these days.

Here's a typical post from an Obamaniac that I just now pulled up from WaPo:

"The thing is, it's all come down to this: if you're an aging, uneducated racist who distrusts "smart" people, and you've somehow remained a registered Democrat instead of making the normal migration to the GOP, have we got a primary candidate for you--Hillary Clinton--and the long-ago leftist firebrand from Wellesley College is glad as heck for your vote."
Posted by: PrussianBlue1 | April 22, 2008 11:49 PM

THAT's the message from a guy whose ONLY claim to fame is his vague promise that he has the "leadership skills" to unite us?
LMFAO!

No way. Go away.

Posted by: Jan | April 23, 2008 3:02 PM

Congrats to Clinton and her camp yesterday. It is clear the race is between 2 strong candidates - both of whom have very ardent supporters.

As an Obama supporter, I just sent in my absentee ballots for the South Dakota election on June 3. My support for Obama is there in part because I am not a fan of the DLC brand of politics that the Clintons ascribe to. Nor am I a fan of Hillary Clintons much more liberal hawk stance - her words about a nuclear umbrella around the entire middle East solidified my decision to support Obama.

Having said that, I will be willing and happy to support Clinton if she is the nominee. From my perspective we have 2 good candidates. Both of whom would be better than McCain and a continuation of endless war in Iraq, tax cut and deficit spend economics, far right supreme court justices, and a host of other issues.

I hope we all come together after the long drawn out, hard fought primary. Voting for McCain because your candidate did not win the nomination is madness.

Posted by: birdman | April 23, 2008 2:52 PM