The Trail: A Daily Diary of Campaign 2008

Archives

Video Report

Reynolds Claims No Ulterior Motive in Wright Invite

Note: Please upgrade your Flash plug-in to view our enhanced content.

At the Howard University School of Divinity on Tuesday, Barbara Reynolds, head of the National Press Club speaker's committee, responds to allegations that she invited Rev. Jeremiah Wright to speak before the club with an ulterior motive to harm Sen. Barack Obama's campaign. (Hamil Harris / The Washington Post)

Posted at 7:35 PM ET on Apr 29, 2008  | Category:  Video Report
Share This: Technorati talk bubble Technorati | Tag in Del.icio.us | Digg This
Previous: Independent Groups Ramp Up Ads | Next: The Candidates on Iran

Add 44 to Your Site
Get This Widget >>

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

Please correct the record: Ms. Reynolds is not head of the National Press Club Speakers Committee. She is a member of the committee, as are some 20 other Club members. "She" did not invite Rev. Wright...the Club Board of Governors did. She was the committee member assigned to act as liaison between the speaker and the club.

Posted by: KDalecki | May 8, 2008 11:03 PM

Rev. Wright is either suffering from an odd form of dementia or he has decided on yet another career path - stand-up comedy.

His act would've been funny if it wasn't so harmful to race relations in America and the Obama campaign, too.

Rather sad that a man who had accomplished so much good in his life has deteriorated into an arrogant stand-up act.

Posted by: JanR | May 3, 2008 9:54 AM

PRO-HILARY-COMMENTS CENSORED ON OTHER THREADS

Someone From her Campaign, Please Contact the Editor !

In the last election the Pro-Israel lobby financed the Bush Election

In the last election the Military Industrial Complex lobby financed the Bush Election

In the last election the OIL monopolies lobby financed the Bush Election

As a result after Bush's election, they were all given Carte-Blanche to do anything they liked !

All three are out of Control !

The Lobby, the Oil-Cartels and the Military Industrial Complex, are so much out of control, that they now run the Government and no
President elected this time can really stop them.

Since the election of Bush, hundreds of Journalists like me who tell the truth have been assassinated, I can prove it. The result is that

other journalists are afraid to tell the truth or are ultimately financed by one of the above monopolies within the corporate press. The plain ordinary American people as a result, do not know what is really happening in the world and cannot make the informed choices at election time as a result.

SO WHERE IS THE BIG MONEY GOING THIS TIME ???

Well the big OIL Cartels and Monopolies are financing Obama !

I am not getting paid for this, so you can work the rest out for yourselves.

IF I SAY ANYMORE , I TOO WILL BE ASSASSINATED ! I'M TRYING TO STAY ALIVE !

I NEED HELP ! WILL YOU STAND WITH ME AND THE DEFENCELESS ORDINARY PEOPLE OF THE WORLD ?

DEMOCRACY IS DEAD !

Posted by: BrianClarkeNUJ | May 1, 2008 8:12 PM

Hello fellow bloggers;
I am working class mother of two beautiful and intelligent children ranging from nine to twelve years old. Moral integrity along with strong family and Christian values are very important to me and is why I chose to support Hillary Clinton for President. Admittedly, I've been concerned with the tone of the campaign as of late and am beginning to have doubts about my choice in candidate.

Senator Clinton said if Rev Wright was her pastor she would've left the church and alluded that she placed a high premium on integrity of the company she keeps. Yet she chose to remain with her husband after he committed a number of adulterous affairs, including Jennifer Flowers and Monica Lewinski. Bill Clinton was later impeached for telling lies to a grand jury, disbarred and ultimately created a moral embarrassment to prestige of the American presidency. Senator Clinton's comments about the Wright issue just do not seem to reconcile with her actions to remain loyal to a husband who lied and cheated to her and the American people. I am also troubled that she never offered an apology to the nation and Monica Lewinski after it was confirmed that her husband lied about the sexual involvement. This especially since Mrs. Clinton had accused Ken Star of being on a right wing witch-hunt and called Monica a liar. I can understand the Senator defending her husband when she didn't have knowledge that he lied. However, she should have demonstrated character by apologizing to the American people after evidence confirmed that he did.

On another topic but in keeping with the theme of character and credibility- My 9 year old daughter watched the Bosnia "misstatement" incident reported in the media and asked me to explain the difference between a misstatement and a Lie. It was an interesting topic and I was aware of the potential mine-field. Therefore I carefully responded to my daughter by saying:

"It is Senator Clinton's belief that she made a human mistake when she re-told the events of the Bosnia trip to be slightly different that the actual occurrence, therefore she feels it is was misstatement since her version was not changed deliberately"

My daughter followed up by asking why Mrs. Clinton repeated the incorrect version on 3 separate occasions with such specific, vivid clarity- she was also curious to know why Chelsea Clinton confirmed her mother's version to be factual when asked by the media. Why would Mrs. Clinton encourage Chelsea to lie on her behalf if it was a mistake, she queried? My daughter then asked if I was satisfied with the explanation given by the Senator. At that point I was unable to defend Mrs. Clinton any further as I too was unable to reconcile the given explanation. I immediately closed the discussion by telling my daughter that we should not be so quick to judge people. I later had an uncomfortable feeling that I did not handle the discussion very well and attributed the reason to my belief that Senator Clinton did not demonstrate integrity with the Bosnia incident. I believe that her questionable credibility is why her negative rating is becoming a problem. I know in my heart she lied but left with the optics of the alternate choice I feel that I must continue to support her. What advice can my fellow Hillary supporters offer so I can go back to my daughter and continue this important conversation?

Posted by: Hillary 08 | May 1, 2008 11:22 AM

Rev Wright is not running for president. There are three candidates and two of them want to start a war with Iran. Obama is not perfect but he is the best candidate.

Posted by: jimwalksdogs | May 1, 2008 10:58 AM

You know, I served on jury duty with this woman a few years ago and I have never forgotten it!!

She was a total embarassment to us all and I thought - honestly!!!- that she was retarded or slow or something. She is a total tool.

Posted by: marilyn | May 1, 2008 1:31 AM

i REALLY FEEL THAT SOME WHITE PEOPLE THAT LIKE OBAMA, BUT CANNOT FIND THEMSELVES VOTING FOR A BLACK MAN ARE LOOKING FOR ANYTHING, ANY EXCUSE NOT TO VOTE FOR HIM; SO THEREFORE, THEY KEEP BRING IN UP THE REV WRIGHT ISSUE. BUT WE SURELY HAVE NOT HEARD ANYONE IN THE MEDIA OR ANYWHERE SPEAKING ABOUT PASTORS FROM THE RIGHT THAT SUPPORTS MCCAIN. PASTORS THAT HAVE CALLED FOR THE ASSESINATION OF FOREIGN ELECTED OFFICIALS, THAT HAVE STATED THAT GOD PUNISHED NEW ORLEANS, ALABAMA AND MISSISSIPPI FOR THEY WAYS OF LIVING OR FOR PLANNING GAY EVENTS, SOME HAVE CALLED THE CATHOLIC CHURCH A CULT AND YES REV FALLWELL AND ROBERTSON ALSO BLAMED THE ACTIONS OF NEW YORKER FOR THE 9-11 ATTACKS, SO WHY NO ONE IS ASKING MCCAIN TO DENOUNCE THEM. HYPOCRISY AT ITS HIGHEST. YET, WE ALWAYS ASK WHY PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD SEE US AS HYPOCRITES.

Posted by: Gusto | April 30, 2008 6:01 PM

"McCain" is the scariest word I can think of. Clinton is the second scariest. Obama, if not real, is at least the brightest light in the dark room. Call me an Obama dreamer, but if for some reason he doesn't manage to get the backing of the super delegates, I hope he manages to pull off a Joe Lieberman, and run as an independent. It would be fun to see a three way contest for the Novemeber ballot that is truly a contest. Wow, the media wouldn't know what to do with themselves. Their fuses would blow.

Posted by: Carol | April 30, 2008 5:57 PM

Last month: If I repudiated Rev. Wright, I would have to repudiate the whole black community. This month: I repudiate Rev. Wright.

Actually, I kind of admire Rev. Wright, He has got balls. Obama, not so much.

Posted by: Ron Cantrell | April 30, 2008 3:19 PM

Slick Wil and slippery Hil!!!!!

Posted by: Wm. | April 30, 2008 3:07 PM

Can't believe Obama only now hears something offensive in Rev. Wright's words, after worshipping in his church for 20 years? Then ask the millions of faithful Christians who worshipped in their Episcopalian church for 20 years how they could only NOW be finding offense. Yes, people who value their church as their spiritual home can suddenly discover that they do not --at all-- concur with the opinions of the ministers of the same church where they have worshipped, gotten married, babtised their children, mourned the death of their parents...

Obama's responses to Rev. Wright have resonated with me, and I consider each to have been admirable. He was first kind-hearted and knowledgeable, then firmly disagreeing and disavowing, but never mean or nasty towards either Rev. Wright or those who keep pretending Wright's words must also be Obama's thoughts.

Obama already had my vote because he'll restore the fundamentals of the U.S. Constitution that have been warped dangerously by Cheney/Bush. His responses to this most recent flap/nonsense leveled at him convinces me that he's got...dignity....empathy......what it takes to be a great leader.

Posted by: MML | April 30, 2008 2:56 PM

What absolutely floors me about this whole
Wright fiasco, is Obama knew him for over
twenty years and didn't pick up on what kind of person he was until his campaign got in trouble. Even the media couldn't ignore Wright any more after his rants over the weekend. Then surprise, surprise,
Obama says he isn't the man he thought he was. If it ONLY took him twenty years to snap to what his pastor and mentor was about, lord help us if he is turned loose in the White House to make decisions that impact the American people and the world.
I wouldn't trust him or his judgement any
further than I could throw an elephant. And
I don't for a minute believe Obama warmed a pew for twenty years without approving, and worst of all, being indoctrinated by this odious anti-American fanatic. People don't keep returning to a place over and over again over a twenty year span if they
don't approve and are getting something from what they are hearing.
Obama's convenient distancing himself from
Wright for the sake of his political career just doesn't wash, and only makes him look more opportunistic that he already
does.

Posted by: Kavanaugh1 | April 30, 2008 2:40 PM

Everytime Obama encounter a crisis, people want to blame Hillary. Hillary is not out to destroy Obama, instead, she wants people to think about the choices they have. You can vote for smartness and experience and elect Hillary or you can vote hope and elect Obama. You can vote for somone who has good judgement (Hillary)or you can vote for someone who has a problem choosing his friends (Rezko, ayers, Auchi, Wright,) then toss them under the bus when he's through. No one is trying to destroy him, only one to provoke thought.

Posted by: butterfly2 | April 30, 2008 2:27 PM

Hope posts that an experience candidate would vet all advisors. I guess that cuts out Hillary, since her insufferable know-it-all Mark Penn met with a foreign government (Colombia) to negotiate a trade agreement she claims she opposes.

You might also say experienced candidates don't have to make up lies about their experiences, such as Bosnia.

Posted by: Chouteau | April 30, 2008 1:45 PM

Barack Obama will be our president for the next eight years and we will all be better for it.

People who want to solve our problems, regardless of party or ideology, will be welcome to participate in the most collaborative and effective administration in our history.

Those who are hateful and exclusionary, who want to sit outside every situation and throw rocks, will continue to do so. They will benefit whether they help or not.

Posted by: chouteau | April 30, 2008 1:40 PM

Hummm....I have never seen Hillary wearing a flag pin. Why is that? She is brilliant at setting others up and then pleading ignorance. Finally, we have a chance to have a fabulous leader and fighter for the American cause of respect and diplomacy in the world and the media, prejudiced bigoted people and old "politics as usual" Hillary are bent to destroy him. Jesus was a rebel. too, and they crucified him. I guess America is not ready to hear the truth. If Jesus were to live today, they would kill him again. What a sad, sad, sad day for America!Wake up and smell America burning.

Posted by: Linda Lutes | April 30, 2008 1:01 PM

An experienced candidate would have vetted all of his advisors before including them. This decision alone let's us know that Obama is a nice person, but for now, is not prepared to lead our country into a hostile world. He is not a strong leader, but is a good grassroots organizer...he is not Lincoln...he is a Chicago based legislator whose short time employed shows us he has great potential.

Posted by: Hope | April 30, 2008 12:04 PM

pinepine:

I capitalize Hillary DIANE Clinton's middle name too -- haven't you seen that -- what unspoken evil intent can you divine from that?

Helen:

Bush is not running for President -- I was asking someone why they are "saluting" Barack HUSSEIN Obama -- so, apart from those in uniform, why would he be "saluted" even if he is elected?

Posted by: JakeD | April 30, 2008 12:00 PM

...but you don't have a name.

Posted by: Ed | April 30, 2008 11:35 AM

bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb iran
bomb bomb bomb
bomb bomb Iran Bomb Iran Bomb Bomb Iran

CLINTON EQUALS MORE OF THE SAME

not in my name

Posted by: Anonymous | April 30, 2008 11:29 AM

Reynolds is a great example of the "old guard" civil rights people who are most certainly on the take. These sambos work real cheap too. There are many of them in the black church nationwide who took a couple of grand for the Bush administration in 2004. They tell their congregations to vote for Bush over abortion. They are complete fools to trust a promise from Hilary..and they have no shame in how low they go for small dollars. Selfish and short sited fools.

Posted by: Tblack | April 30, 2008 11:27 AM

Obama will be the nominee and he will lose to McCain.

The finger pointing in the aftermath will be breathtaking to behold.

Posted by: Ed | April 30, 2008 11:18 AM

There is a new article on Huffington Post saying that Superdegegates have talked to both campaings and there is going to be a flood of delegates breaking for Obama. Also on MSNBC says something is about to go down.

Posted by: sunni | April 30, 2008 11:16 AM

How are we to judge Obama?

Not by his history of political accomplishment because there isn't much.

Not by his associations.

By his words alone.

Now, may I introduce you to someone I know who has the actual deed to the Brooklyn Bridge?

Posted by: Ed | April 30, 2008 11:13 AM

Good grief! Can we get on with the show? When it is all say and done everyone of us will go back to our regular every day lives and act like we never were on the blogs venting because we all know it is just stupid, noboby cares and there are always going to be opposing views.

Posted by: Cheryl L | April 30, 2008 11:13 AM

Hillary supporter, Dr. Rev. Barbara Reynolds is a media consultant who has endorsed Hillary on her website: Reynoldsnews.com., and in a spirit of enthusiasm, reached out to Rev. Wright and tempted him to tell his story at the Press Club to redeem his good name, and the good Rev. Wright took the "bite." This ploy and scheme by Hillary supporter, Dr. Reynolds backfired and has helped Barack redeem his campaign and find his voice!

Let's be Clear: There was a time when Rev. Jeremiah Wright was once higly respected and sought after, hence his trip to the White House invited by Bill and Hillary Clinton for Prayer and Support when they were going through Bill's Impeachment time. Some of Hillary's strongest surrogates also have close ties to Rev. Wright, Shiela Jackson Lee and Rev. Marcia Dyson!

Going forward, however, Barack has to reiterrate all that got people interested in his campaign in the first place, the fact that he does stand for unity and for reaching out to all classes of people, which deflects that he is an elitist. That he works and stands for the working people and that he always has. That to get anything passed these days you need Change in Washington, away from Corporations and the special interest and invest in people! There comes a time in each Society for the sake of survival, they must Change and As a man of "goodwill", it was hard for Barack to see the egomaniac in Wright. However, when it became clear by the total spectacle Wright made of himself in front of national TV on all Three (3) cable-news channels, which played his Entire Speech -- something usually only Reserved for Presidents! And, Barack was right to divorce himself from Wright for the sake of the work and change he is trying to bring to the people. One Ego or a few Egos cannot or should not get in the way of the "Good" of the Whole!

And yes, it was time for an amicable Parting of the Ways between Barack and Rev. Wright who has definitely put a sword in his side. I now understand why Barack thinks some people are bitter -- he has been conditioned to think that way by the bitterness of his former Pastor, to think that some people are bitter, although Barack was not subject to this bitterness himself but was able to overcome this conditioning and escape it rather incorporating the engery of unity, goodwill and hope, instead! I hope, we the people, will not be blindsided by the onslaught of the Two-Headed Giant -- Clintons & Republican-Controlled Media -- directed at this Candidate of Change and Hope we have in Barack Obama and miss the boat again, by allowing him to be "Swiftboated"!

Barack "Investing in People!"

Posted by: Angellight | April 30, 2008 11:12 AM

I would believe her if she didn't have posts claiming to be an enthusiastic Hillary supporter on 1 hand (as payback to Bill) with sharp criticism of Obama attached to that endorsement, and an article last week in the Final Call (Farrakhan's newpaper) of all places playing the matronly role of one who is concerned that Obama will be killed if he is elected, with no mention of her support for Hillary.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 30, 2008 10:58 AM

What about The gay hating, catholic hating,Jew hating, war mongering ministers that McCain has gotten an endorsement from? You don't hear calls for him to "denounce" throw under the bus.....It makes one wonder who is keeping this in the news,oh and buy the way, who (m) was it that Bill Clinton turned to when the "lewinski" scandal broke.....Who would be "outraged" then? This is a non starter to take our minds off what is really happening. Of all the candidates, who has the most "baggage" we know the answer to that. Who went negative first, and who has primarily taken the higher ground? And what is with the Barrack Huseine Obama ? I don't recall a Hillary RODHAM Clinton or what ever John (Fll in the blank) McCain. I mean your prisoner of war record can only take you so far?

Posted by: Anonymous | April 30, 2008 10:29 AM

It is incredulous that people are blaming Hillary for Rev Wright's appearances. The fact is, noone but Rev Wright spoke those words and if he isn't a smart enough person to know what he is doing to Obama's campaign then whose fault is it? Everyone seems willing to give Obama a pass on it anyway which is equally incredulous.

Posted by: Janet P | April 30, 2008 10:28 AM

I am sorry but I just cannot accept Obama's lame and false indignation re Rev. Wright. The fact is he stayed in this church for 20 years, wrote a book lavishing praise on Rev. Wright saying he was his mentor, married him and Michelle, baptized his children, prayed with him, gave $26K to his church in 2007 and said that he could not disown him even after hearing those remarks. Now he wants us to believe that he is appalled by his remarks???? Just does not wash by anyone's standards. A person would have to be an idiot to believe that he stayed in this church for political reasons. I am sure that there are many other black churches in Chicago with pastors far less radical than Wright. Then when you add this to the relationship with William Ayers, you simply wonder if this man is really a uniter as he professes to be. His wife wrote her thesis on racism in this country and obviously harbors resentment toward it. Obama speaks beautifully but his actions leave a lot to be desired in a president.

Posted by: Janet P | April 30, 2008 10:20 AM

Slowly, painfully slowly Barack is being vetted, something that should have been done sooner, much sooner. Thanks to the MSM Barack has been granted a charmed life not having to answer any hard questions or make difficult statements to define himself.

Now that Rev. Wright has exposed himself for what he is, a narcissist with an over inflated ego Barack has an opportunity to correct past lapses in judgment.

The most difficult lapse to explain away will be why he remained in this man's church for twenty years. It's beyond credulity that Barack wasn't aware of his pastor's views. The question that must be answered now is to what extent does Barack share his pastor's views.

To date Barack's statements have been uninspiring. More importantly, his past activities as a State legislator and community activist that might shed light on his attitudes and mind set are shrouded in mystery.

Posted by: PhilTR | April 30, 2008 10:18 AM

Does it matter who organized the Press Club event? I think not. Did the Clinton campaign give him notes?

ALSO, the statements the Rev made at the NAACP function were equally, perhaps ever MORE offensive such as: Blacks are right brained and whites are left brained and that's why whites are so uptight. Compared regional accents to inappropriate grammar of black children by mocking JFK and LBJ...

This is a pathetic attempt to tie the albatross of Wright around the Hillary campaign's neck.

Deal with it Obama supporters...he's all yours!

Posted by: PA for Clinton | April 30, 2008 10:14 AM

Oh, of course she did. This has the Clinton mark all over it.

Beyond dispute.

Posted by: TRDarlington | April 30, 2008 10:13 AM

Real issues- the Post should stop posting that silly post of yours. You are a sad case if you can't make your points in a cohesive statment and instead apparently only know how to spell one word- The real culprit you should be attacking for the war is George Bush- and if you don't start doing that you will end up with John McCain as President and that seems to be not what you want.

The issue this column questions is whether Barbara Reynolds a Hillary or Obama supporter and she has been accused of being both. Who cares? Wright spoke out at the NAACP dinner in Detroit and on Bill Moyers on PBS- this was his third or fourth venue. The only reason it go more press was that it was at the press club and reporters are generally lazy so this was the easiest speech to cover. Had this not been scheduled they would have given more credence to his other speeches when he said that if Barack Obama becomes President it would be the first time a Black woman slept with a President legally in the White House.

Either way it is what he said not the fact that he was invited that is important. It is also not what Obama thinks about what Wright says- he gave him a kind of pass on that in his Phildelphia speech but it is Obama's judgment that is called into question.

Obama is a neophyte on the national and international stage and he proves that again and again. He says one thing and then has to apologize for it or in the case of Wright has now said three or four things and only when he realized that his campaign has turned upside down because of it has he made a political statement separating himself from Wright. So he in essense proved Rev. Wright correct when he said Obama would say what a politician had to say.

Interesting we haven't heard from Michelle Obama on this and I have always believed that she is more in tune with Rev. Wright than Barack is. Barack used Rev. Wright to climb the political ladder and didn't have the forsight or judgement to understand what it would mean in the long term. He is now finding out.

But I think as the Washington Post editorial said today we have a right to question his judgement and to consider how such a neophyte would represent the US on the international stage.

Posted by: peter DC | April 30, 2008 10:13 AM

I hope that Americans are smarter that to believe that Obamas's father figure would hurt him in any way. What Rev Wright did was not to hurt Obama but to release him. Obama's ties to Rev Wright were hurting him and Rev Wright sought to help him make that break by doing something so outragious that it would make it easy for Obama to make that break without looking bad for doing so.

Posted by: Debra | April 30, 2008 9:58 AM

Rev Wright suddenly coming out publically just didn't make sense. Obama sort of thought of this guy as a father figure. I suspect that Rev Wright thought it would benefit obama to come out as a radical to make it easy for Obama to split with him for Obamas own good. I suspect that Rev Wright will quietly fade into the background now that Obama has officially denounced him.

Posted by: Debra | April 30, 2008 9:41 AM

There's one way I'm looking at this. I don't get anal about beliefs that someone ELSE is spouting. Obama isn't putting the words into Wrights mouth and they are not HIS.

On the OTHER hand. Listen to Hillary Clinton and the out and out lies that are documented and are attributed to her own words.

Do you really care about a pastor and his comments? I care about this country and how it's going to hell in an imported handcart.

It's Bush, Cheney, Rice, Rove and many, many other that have damned America so get on with talking about what's important!

Posted by: Sharon | April 30, 2008 9:29 AM

Obama's continual use of race, race-baiting, sexism (moods ,anyone?) is just disgusting.

Obama ought to be a republicon

Posted by: Anonymous | April 30, 2008 9:14 AM

Forrest Gerard,

Well said! Thank you!

Posted by: pinepine | April 30, 2008 8:58 AM

JakeD (the first poster here),

I resent you capitalized BHO's middle name to hint on whatever you did not dare to speak openly. All prejudices, racial or religious including Islam prejudice, are both ignorant and cruel. So, you sounded very ignorant and CRUEL.

Posted by: pinepine | April 30, 2008 8:28 AM

Reverend Wright is an elderly gentleman.

Could it be that Reverend Wright is suffering from the onset of Alzheimers?

I'm not saying this as a put-down, but rather to give pause to people who tend to criticize him.

I heard a commentator on CNN say today that she attended Trinity for 10 years, until she moved away from Chicago a couple of years ago; and she didn't hear these kinds of comments.

If Rev. Wright were beginning to suffer from Alzheimers or some other type of progressive dementia, this would help to explain his behavior.

My mother died of Alzheimers, and her behavior went drastically negative at the beginning of the disease.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 30, 2008 7:26 AM

I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THE WASHINGTON POST POSTED 1/2 OF THESE POSTS! I GOT FLAGGED FOR SAYING LESS THEN THESE POSTS! YOU ARE ALL SICK, AND FOR THE PERSON THAT POSTED HILLARY AS THE REASON FOR THE SOILDERS DYING, GIVE ME A BREAK!! SHE WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT VOTED FOR THE WAR YOU A-- H---S ! THEY WENT TO FIGHT FOR THEIR COUNTRY, THEY CHOSE TO GO IN THE MILITARY, HILLARY DIDN'T FORCE THEM!!! MAYBE INSTEAD OF BASHING HILLARY, YOU SHOULD TALK TO A SHRINK AND FIND OUT WHY YOU ARE SO VENDICTIVE! OBAMA MADE HIS CHOICE(OR SHOULD I SAY HE SAID HE DID) HE DIDN'T EVEN VOTE! AND AS FAR AS HILLARY BEING INVOLVED IN THIS WRIGHT THING? GUESS AGAIN, WRIGHT IS TICKED AT OBAMA AND HE WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET HIS BOY BACK UNDER HIS WINGS! OBAMA WAS WRIGHT'S MONEY MAN FOR HIS CHURCH, WRIGHT IS THE ONE THAT HAD OBAMA'S FIRST CAMPAIGN FOR HIM IN THE CHURCH! YEAH THEY NEVER FINISHED INVESTIGATING THAT EITHER! OBAMA HAS A LOT OF SKELITONS, AND THE WEB HAS AN ARTICLE ABOUT THE NEW PASTOR OF THAT CHURCH ALSO! SO DON'T BLAME HILLARY FOR OBAMA'S MISS JUDGMENT, HE IS BLACK AND HE WILL COME OUT OF THIS AS CLEAN AS A "SKUNK"

Posted by: JABBER | April 30, 2008 6:36 AM

Hillary Clinton is a bully that uses whatever means to destroy her enemies. I don't want her in the White House. She is a disgrace to women, and a disgrace to the Democratic Party. She manufactures controversies to obliterate people. She has no conscience. She is ruthless. If Democrats want a ruthless leader, then the soul of the Democratic Party will dissolve. I won't be a part of it.

Posted by: Adam | April 30, 2008 3:39 AM

Gee...there are crazy white people who won't shut the F up (Robertson, Hagee, etc) and there are crazy black people who won't shut the F up (Wright, Farrakhan, Reynolds).

Wow, maybe we're all exactly the same, after all.

Obama '08!

Posted by: Q | April 30, 2008 3:23 AM

Obama supporters. Instead of bashing Hillary, take her to task. Where is your outrage about her association with Bobby Seale and the Black Panthers in the 60's. SHE is the one who has stressed guilt by association. She worked at a known communist leaning lawfirm. Let us begin to highlight her associations since she believes they are damaging. How about Gov Rendell's embrace of Farrakhan. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Posted by: DOHA | April 30, 2008 3:14 AM

"know it's a bitter pill to swallow that your guy's campaign is a huge mess "

I beg to differ with you

Obama has already won the nomination; regardless of the up coming primaries nothing will change the fact that Obama will have the most delegates.

He's won

(I wouldn't call his campaign a mess...I'd call it winnning)
Barack Obama IS the Democratic Nominee

Posted by: Anonymous | April 30, 2008 2:30 AM

NEOCONS 4 HILLARY

YESTERDAY'S SCRIPT:

Incite racial hatred against Muslims!

TODAY'S SCRIPT:

Incite racial hatred against Black Americans!

TOMORROW'S SCRIPT.

(to be announced on Fox News)

Posted by: Anonymous | April 30, 2008 2:26 AM

Wright has insulted Clinton publicly many times. Somehow I don't think he would be on her payroll :-) Too funny but good try, Obamaniacs. I know it's a bitter pill to swallow that your guy's campaign is a huge mess and he is just an earthly politician like the rest of them.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 30, 2008 2:14 AM

The Wright issue is completely driven by the media....most people either don't care, or would NOT care if it were not smashed into their faces 24/7.

Why was Wright's appearance simulcast on ALL THREE major cable stations...???
It was not, after all, a State of the Union speech...

Wake up...corporate America is afraid of Obama, because he does actually want change for the better...

And for you Hillary supporters...I am puzzled why it does not bother you that people like William Kristol/ Fox News support her?
A major Neocon, who has been WRONG about EVERYTHING....
it should tell you something important about her....

Posted by: Barbara | April 30, 2008 2:13 AM

LOL - yes, a Clinton conspiracy is behind the latest public divisive rantings of Obama's long time pastor and confidante. The latest of Clinton's evil campaign tactics. What will that conniving witch think of next? Gee, maybe they drugged Wright to inflict the maximum damage to Saint Obama's campaign. I think I read that in the Rolling Stone or somewhere like that.

Posted by: May | April 30, 2008 2:05 AM

Is Hillary Behind Rev Wright's Appearances?
Tue Apr 29, 2008 at 08:38:42 AM EST

The Rev. Dr. Barbara Reynolds and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright at the National Press Club
event Monday, which was organized by Reynolds.

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright couldn't have done more damage to Barack Obama's campaign if he had tried. And you have to wonder if that's just what one friend of Wright wanted.
Shortly before he rose to deliver his rambling, angry, sarcastic remarks at the National Press Club Monday, Wright sat next to, and chatted with, Barbara Reynolds.
A former editorial board member at USA Today, she runs something called Reynolds News Services and teaches ministry at the Howard University School of Divinity. (She is an ordained minister).
It also turns out that Reynolds - introduced Monday as a member of the National Press Club "who organized" the event - is an enthusiastic Hillary Clinton supporter
On a blog linked to her Web site- www.reynoldsnews.com- Reynolds said in a February post: "My vote for Hillary in the Maryland primary was my way of saying thank you" to Clinton and her husband for the successes of Bill Clinton's presidency.
The same post criticized Obama's "Audacity of Hope" theme: "Hope by definition is not based on facts," wrote Reynolds. It is an emotional expectation. Things hoped for may or may not come. But help based on experience trumps hope every time."
In another blog entry, Reynolds gives an ever-sharper critique of Obama: "It is a sad testimony that to protect his credentials as a unifier above the fray, the senator is fueling the media characterization that Rev. Dr. Wright is some retiring old uncle in the church basement."...
************** ***

Posted by: Cherubim | April 30, 2008 1:51 AM

A year ago, people rarely spoke of this election. No one cared about listening to voters, the issues, or trying to get their votes.

We knew who our candidates were: Giuliani vs. Clinton.

There is only one reason, we are having such an engaging election this year: It's because one candidate took the time to listen to all of the people that "didn't count"; The youth voters, the "small states"...

Obama is the only one who deserves our recognition - and our vote.

Posted by: wolf | April 30, 2008 1:17 AM

There is no way these old African-American pastors can convince anyone that they are not in the hip pockets of politicians. That's the way it has been, only this time, a younger and smarter group of AA youth are not going for your okey doke. This was clearly a manipulated event on the part of someone and Barbara Reynolds set it up.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 30, 2008 1:13 AM

Love Hillary = Love Lies.

Posted by: Danny | April 30, 2008 12:58 AM

===================================================

.................MCCLINTON VS. OBAMA

War or Peace

=====================================================

Posted by: Anonymous | April 30, 2008 12:23 AM

OMG! Now the BHO campaign is blaming this on Hillary. Does this campaign take no accountability? It's all Hillary's fault will be the last words as BHO looses the nomination.

Love you Hillary!

Posted by: PZ | April 29, 2008 11:52 PM

Obama's connection to Jeremiah Wright continues to concern voters. Long after Senator Obama has finished with speeches about unity, the angry words from his minister of 20 years will live in the memory of the electorate. The Republicans will be much tougher than Hillary Clinton and will certainly have TV commercials showing: 1) Wright saying "God d**m America" over and over; and 2) Pictures of the congregation being driven to frenzy by the words. When these two scenes are repeated over and over by the Republicans, the commercial will doom Barack Obama as a Presidential candidate.

Of the three candidates left, Hillary Clinton has the best grasp of the economic issues. Both she and John McCain understand the issues we face and both think on their feet. If they oppose one another in the general election, they'll give us a SERIOUS, deliberate debate on the problems that have come our way on George Bush's watch--the housing crisis, the energy crisis, exorbitant health care costs, the Iraq War, and the problems of our increasingly fragile environment. Both Senators Clinton and McCain are fine Americans and theirs would be a debate carried out on a very high level.

Posted by: Wilson | April 29, 2008 11:48 PM

Mr. Jacobs, please accept my condolences and sorrowful thanks for your son-in-law's service.

You are right. Only Obama promises to extricate us with any sort of sense from the horrible traps created by our current incompetent administration.

And JakeD, since I'm not in uniform, W does not deserve my salute. Especially because he does not respect our uniformed service members.

Posted by: Helen | April 29, 2008 11:16 PM

I am a 83 year-old Demo minority, Native American, who recognized early on that Obama had ignited a powerful political movement of "change," driven by his keen intellect, articulate ability, heart-felt emotion, and a new visionary who offered we Demo voters a different kind of option for our nominee for Prez in 08.

His political philosophy, in my view, is a strong conviction that by empowering "We the people," through his election that we, jointly, can bring about constructive change in Washington to enhance our economic, social and political well-being.

Hillary's inevitability strategy floundered, and she and her political gurus recognized too late that the Obama poltical movement of change was for real.

It is almost an understatement to emphasize how that message resonated with we Demos, and the proof is that he still leads Hillary in popular votes, delegates and victories in the states, notwithstanding Bill Clinton's distasteful crossing the racial line in South Carolina. In short, Hillary must win the remaining primaries by 60 percentage points, or more, to secure the nomination. This is a near insurmountable feat.

I view the Wright affair as a product of a media that overzealously publicizes this kind of issue, and they are responsible for a gross distraction from the real issues --- struggling economy, housing forecosures, spiraling gas prices, costly health care and on and on.

However, if the media truly believes distraction is more important than a serious discussion of the real issues in this campaign, I suggest that they resurrect Bill's sordid Monica affair; Hillary's shameful loyalty to Bill in this episode to advance her own selfish political aspirations; a serious effort to gain transparency on corporate dollars ploughed into the Clinton Library; Hillary's support for NAFTA that sent thousands of US jobs overseas and an introspective look into Hillary's inability to manage her campaign finances. The media owes the public this kind of examination of the Hillary's entire campaign.

From a minority perspective, I support Obama because I submit he is best qualified to lead us out of the quagmire of the Bush administraion, and to confront the United States of America's citizens with a real moral and political test on their willingness, or unwillingness, to elect a superbly qualified Black man as our Prez in 08!!!!! Forrest Gerard

Posted by: Forrest Gerard | April 29, 2008 11:14 PM

Dear McClinton vs. Obama...My son-in-law died in Iraq 2 years ago. His body was sent home to Milwaukee on a regular commercial airline flight without any military escort at all - ONLY A BAGGAGE CLAIM TICKET !!! More than some, I understand the necessity of ending this war.

Posted by: Alan Jacobs | April 29, 2008 10:59 PM

Just wanted to say your feeling, "MR. John Norris", is fully understood towards this phony clown. As an Iranian I can say there are people just like this in my country that have been making us look the same for the past quarter century. There are people like him all over the world that are like bigot magnets and serve us harm all the time. Obama is going to do fine without them...good luck to him.

Posted by: MS | April 29, 2008 10:56 PM

"Another thought....the strong opinions expressed here about the DEM candidates simply reflect the two big old social movements of the 20th century - FEMANISM and BLACK CIVIL RIGHTS."

Don't think so,

That's just Media spin

The REAL issue of this election is

WAR or PEACE

i.e. McClinton vs. Obama

Posted by: Anonymous | April 29, 2008 10:48 PM

Another thought....the strong opinions expressed here about the DEM candidates simply reflect the two big old social movements of the 20th century - FEMANISM and BLACK CIVIL RIGHTS. These are still real issues but should NOT be the determining factor in who leads us. Solving either of these issues will not end unecessary wars, the financial collapse of America, or our competitive position in the world. Jobs, home & hearth, and security are the REAL ISSUES. VOTE for candidates who will DO - NOT JUST TALK.

Posted by: Alan Jacobs | April 29, 2008 10:40 PM

she like the rest of the press...why do you think the liberal press was there..they were thinking he was going to apologize for what he said in church...rev wright loved the spotlight to much to do that.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 29, 2008 10:36 PM

Hahahaha... Skinny pasty white guys who love Obama...

Funny facebook group.

Posted by: kingofsoup | April 29, 2008 10:31 PM

Innocent as heck, yeah right. Nope, the chief white woman never told me to do that(it was Terry McAuliffe). That's what Kelly Anne Conway called her, chief white woman, Princess Chief Sniper Fire.

Posted by: oldman&theC | April 29, 2008 10:29 PM

Mike, actually a poll in the Indianapolis Star put the figure at 27% that trust Hillarrhea. I wonder where they dug up those suckers.

Posted by: LetthemdrinkCrownRoyal | April 29, 2008 10:25 PM

About 60% of American People believe
that Hilary Clinton is a liar and not trustworthy.The suggestion that Reynolds
conspired with the Clintons will only
affirm people negative feelings about Hiary Clinton. I wonder when her supporters
are going to wake up and realize that she is unelectable

Posted by: Mike | April 29, 2008 10:21 PM

N E O C O N S

F O R

C L I N T O N

Bill Kristol, Charles Krauthammer, Rush Limbaugh, Pat Buchanan,
Joe Lieberman, Rupert Murdoch, Dick Cheney, Karl Rove.......

=

war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war !

Posted by: Anonymous | April 29, 2008 10:16 PM

EVERY ONE OF you have fallen victim to the media craze of the moment. NONE of this counts !!! Average Americans are losing good jobs to globalization yet the tax code encourages American companies to invest in India, China, etc. We have 3 current US Senators running for President- any one of them could immediately introduce legislation to stop this even if Bush vetos it. Free trade is GOOD - but encouraging American companies to relocate their operations out of the USA is BAD for America. The Govt needs to penalize American companies who invest in Asia instead of our own country.

Posted by: Alan Jacobs | April 29, 2008 10:14 PM

We're y'all applauding George Bush when he ousted John McCain eight years ago with his religious right buddies? C'est la meme chose.

Posted by: Anna Hecht | April 29, 2008 10:13 PM

Mrs. Reynold's role is probably being overstated or at least overemphasized, and so is Wright's. Whether Mrs. Reynolds is a provocateuse or not is surely unknowable in the time frame up to the convention, but who cares ? It's all a distraction from larger issues- the economy, Iraq, the environment.
Tom Parker

Posted by: Tom Parker | April 29, 2008 10:10 PM

Real Issues====very nicely done. A lot of work it must have been and very effective at illustrating how many young people in the prime of their lives, somebody's kids, maybe somebody's spouse, maybe somebody's daddy or mommy, taken out for no good reason, just some vanity on Bush's part and maybe a little on the Clinton's part too. He aggravated them also. But , say , what about all the severely wounded and amputees and the ones with brain damage and mental problems and family problems.Hillarrhea voted for this.

Posted by: LetthemdrinkCrownRoyal | April 29, 2008 10:04 PM

No ulterior motive - riiiight.
It is just coincidence that she invited the person who is her candidate's opponent's achilles heel.

Either she is a liar or just not very bright.

Posted by: carrie | April 29, 2008 10:00 PM

Obama is no different. With all the skeletons he already has in his closet and the help of cronies like Ted Kennedy and John Kerry do you really think things will be any different? Dreamer............... Like it or not, I think Hillary knows of more bumps in the road and has already overcome them far more than Obama ever could or would. What you see is what you get and it ain't a pretty picture after 20 years with Wright, Auchi, Reszko, Weeks, etc.

Posted by: dcacnc | April 29, 2008 10:00 PM

Barack Obama had to politically repute Reverend Wright, or he was in deep water. Did he really mean it, or was it another nescessary opportunist moment in the Primary Season?

Why does Hillary's name come into issue when the topic is about Reverend Wright and Barack Obama's relationship? Barack's supporters will take any opportunity to slam Hillary even when it's off topic.

Posted by: Victoria Francis | April 29, 2008 9:51 PM

It is unfortunate that people are still swayed by a candidate's name. It is disheartening when voters ascribe one person's comments to another person's beliefs. And it is tragic that this has become the business of politics (and business as usual for the Clintons).

Posted by: Anna Hecht | April 29, 2008 9:50 PM

Rev. Wright won't change a thing.

Obama leads by so many pledged delegates it is impossible for HRC to catch up. He has to loose all remaining contests by 40 points for her to overtake him in pledged delegates. Her fuzzy math attempts to recalculate the popular vote won't help.

More superdelegates have announced their support for Obama after her 9 point win in PA than for HRC.

Obama announced his plan for a 50 state investment in voter registration and joint fund raising with the DNC, aiding all Democrats running in November and leaving no state behind. HRC has not. She does not have the money or the support.

She only wants debates and because she can't get her message out due to mismanagement of campaign funds and lack of support from grass roots voters. Shows her desperation.

Obama has the real forward thinking ideas. They have been up on his web site for months.

Who has the real momentum in this race?

Posted by: NotSuprised | April 29, 2008 9:48 PM

Well Hillary Election Workers in Austin, Texas still have not been paid by Hillary.....

This was an astute piece of work by Barbara Reynolds as well as providing payment in full to the Clintons.

Obama will triumph. More is learned through adversity than by pro-forma prose

Posted by: Mr B Travis County | April 29, 2008 9:45 PM

Its over for Obama.Get used to it

Posted by: Mike | April 29, 2008 9:43 PM

It is unfortunate, indeed, that some voters cannot get beyond a candidate's name. It is shortsighted to hear one person's soundbites and ascribe them to another's views. And it is foolhardy not to realize that there are political machinations behind it all.

Posted by: Barack fan | April 29, 2008 9:43 PM

=================================================

....................HILLARY VOTED FOR THE WAR

=================================================

Posted by: Anonymous | April 29, 2008 9:42 PM

What do you expect? People are so afraid of change that they will try to continue to suffer.......

Obama 08'

Posted by: Larry Oregon | April 29, 2008 9:41 PM

Hillary Clinton Voted for the Iraq War

U.S. SOLDIER KILLED BECAUSE OF HILLARY'S VOTE

+dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead +dead

MORE THAN 4,000 U.S. SOLDIERS DEAD, BECAUSE OF HILLARY'S VOTE

Posted by: -REAL ISSUES- | April 29, 2008 9:41 PM

Obama's relationship with Wright goes back to their days of civic activism in Chicago and Wright was instrumental in converting Obama to Christianity - so its no reflection on Obama that he stayed with Wright even if he didn't beleive in everything Wright preached. May be a good thing this gets vetted now - after all the Republicans certainly aren't going to "play nice".

Posted by: jake | April 29, 2008 9:39 PM

Very scary to read the posts here. You'd think the young Senator from Illinois was the second coming. Seems to me that he's a politician not very different from any other politician. He tells you what you want to hear because that's how you get the votes. He will bend the truth or avoid the truth when it does not suit his purpose. Change? What change? It's the same old, same old. We won't get fooled again.

Posted by: Zach | April 29, 2008 9:37 PM

It is a disgrace for this man to be called a pastor. A freak is probably a better term.

Posted by: Aaron Washington | April 29, 2008 9:34 PM

You're right. This guy is a total buffoon. I'm a black man and I'm embarrassed for him to try to be speaking for me. He is an embarrassment for all black pastors and in no way represents them or the black church. He might as well be running a cult

Posted by: John Norris | April 29, 2008 9:32 PM

I'll be staying home in November. Both BHO and JM want change, they want to change who lives in the whitehouse.

too bad Jack Ryan was a perv

Posted by: staying home | April 29, 2008 9:31 PM

Mr. Wright is an idiot. He probably has no clue he is looking like a total fool to the whole world. I don't see how he ever made being a pastor. With his beliefs and ego, it sounds like he lead a cult.

Posted by: Jim Cummings | April 29, 2008 9:29 PM

Lead a fool to water and he will drink deeply. This guy is no paster. He is a disgrace to himself, his race, his church and his religion. He is no different than the extreme muslim clerics bending Islam, but in this case he is bending Christianity to his needs or freakish beliefs. History will remember his as the stupid paster that he is.

Posted by: Ted Cory | April 29, 2008 9:25 PM

Several things about the response to Wright are fascinating, 1) The Tuskegee experiment is a fact, 2) A popular phrase from the late 60's & 70's was, "Don't trust establishment", 3)The anti-establishment folks from 60's & 70's have heartburn with Wright because he says the US government is capable of anything.

Posted by: TDS | April 29, 2008 9:22 PM

Can't you Hillary supporters see how you're being played? Her campaign management is worthless, her message has changed at least 30 times since her campaign began, she is in major debt, and she's a liar. So she sends her little toadies out to create chaos for Obama but no one knows anything about it. RIGHT.

Everyone is so sick of Bush, but if you elect Hillary, you'll get more of the same, only worse. Much worse.

Wake up, people. Vote Obama.

Posted by: Susan | April 29, 2008 9:20 PM

Very deep insiders are saying today Hillary will drop out in June. All the insiders are talking about it so this whole thing is a moot point anymore. It's over the party has suffered enough damage they have determined. It is now just letting Hillary get out gracefully with the minimum amount of embarrassment. You will be hearing about it on all the channels in the next couple of days.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 29, 2008 9:12 PM

Hillary is a shamble, all she wants to ascend to throne!

Her campaign is an utter failure. She is excel in deception (aka try lying..), she has proven that for last 36 years.

Clinotns want to sink Obama too!

Posted by: roger | April 29, 2008 9:05 PM

If Wright isn't getting rich, paid by a well-known female politician's machine, then he is just a wingnut who has decided that it's profitable to keep and widen racial divisions.

Posted by: tanaS | April 29, 2008 9:01 PM

no smart ass response, JakeD? methinks you are full of sh*t.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 29, 2008 9:00 PM

Anonymous:

No thanks.

Posted by: JakeD | April 29, 2008 8:56 PM

courage my love:

Do you honestly think that Obama, before running for President, agreed with Wright's sermons? Does Obama STILL agree (despite his statement today)? None of that bothers you?

Posted by: JakeD | April 29, 2008 8:55 PM

jakeD, if you did in fact graduate from college or grad school or whatever back in 1961, which i believe you said the other day (and is probably hogwash) would you please die already. what are you? 65+? i hope you have terrible cholesterol and a history of cancer in your family.

good day

Posted by: Anonymous | April 29, 2008 8:52 PM

Reynolds is a Clinton supporter (see NY DAILY NEWS ARTICLE). The Clinton campaign organizers knew that it would take a crisis to help Hillary's floundering chances and they will pump this for a long time. I hope that Americans are smarter than this...

Posted by: courage my love | April 29, 2008 8:50 PM

P.S. does anyone here "salute" President Bush?

Posted by: JakeD | April 29, 2008 8:34 PM

Caitlin:

I am not a Hillary paid troll (and I wouldn't vote for her in a million years).

Joshua:

You do realize that the only 100% "effective contraception" is abstinence, right? Handing out condoms and the Pill encourages sex outside of marriage, "unwanted" pregnancies, and therefore elective abortions. Is it acceptable to "reduce" 1,000,000 abortions by causing 1,000 more?

Posted by: JakeD | April 29, 2008 8:32 PM

JakeD, you are all over the place with the same lame comments. You are a Hillary paid troll and I suggest you cash that paycheck fast as they are bouncing all over the country.

OBAMA all the way and you had better get used to saluting President Barack Obama

Posted by: Caitlin | April 29, 2008 8:03 PM

Obama is so slick, but here the evidence he can not deny. On the TV program THE VIEW, Obama declared that Reverend Wright accepted that his view were inappropriate and mischaracterized. Then weeks later Wright goes on a national Hate America Press Tour? Just goes to prove how immature and green Obama is. And this is being generous. Watching this video one can only conclude Obama simply lied. Go ahead check it out yourselves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6J7yJ9R5p0

Posted by: Kay Lani Ray Rafko | April 29, 2008 8:03 PM

I am actually pro-life, but I believe that Obama is reasonable, and willing to listen. Besides, a very effective, and obtainable way to drastically reduce abortions is through the consistent use of effective contraception. To do this, we need Universal Healthcare, and a very proactive effort to get that contraception out and used(preferably the types that don't require daily administration).

Posted by: Joshua | April 29, 2008 8:01 PM

Obama represents change in a way that you have not quite perceived: Obama is not the change. We the People are the change.

Let me explain: Obama is an organizer at heart. He's good at it, evidenced by his impressive grass roots organization, but also Obama believes in it. Obama believes in grassroots, in democracy in action..of ordinary citizens working for change.

You ask: How would this work?
Answer: By not working against those self-organized grassroot citizens, as is usual in our politics these last decades. Obama, unlike Bush, would not seclude himself from opinions and opinions that are contrary to his own. He does not intend to let himself be surrounded by yeahsayers, and groupthink. He will not seclude his mind from protesters and activists. He believes in it.

When pro-life activists interrupted a rally last year, and the crowd heckled them, Obama chided his supporters, and stood up for protesters.. saying that it took a lot of guts to come here and work for change like that.

THAT is the change he is working for. Letting the citizen back in.

A president is not a legislator, the President is a leader that points the direction, and the direction Obama is pointing it to us.

Us. He says We the People are the direction. He is leading us back to Democracy.

Obama is Lincoln returned to heal America, and make it We the People.

Posted by: Joshua | April 29, 2008 7:59 PM

Regardless, it was independently newsworthy and will be looked back on as the Beginning of the End for Barack HUSSEIN Obama's campaign.

Posted by: JakeD | April 29, 2008 7:38 PM