Hillary's Post-Pa. Money Haul

By Matthew Mosk
Hillary Clinton's campaign has for several days fielded questions about whether the Democratic presidential hopeful has enough money to keep her campaign going. Now, top supporters believe they can put those questions to rest.

Clinton's campaign is reporting that it has experienced a crush of new contributions overnight that now totals more than $10 million.

That would easily make the past 24 hours the most financially productive her campaign has yet seen. It had been hoping for that outcome -- Clinton and her aides made repeated references to her financial disadvantage during the lead-up to the Pennsylvania primary. And the campaign took the unusual step of replacing Clinton's homepage with a contribution page that asks potential donors to "keep the momentum going."

"This should put to rest once and for all the question of whether Hillary Clinton will have the resources to compete," said Hassan Nemazee, a co-finance chair for the New York senator. "I can definitively state she will have the resources to compete in all the events through June 3."

By Web Politics Editor  |  April 23, 2008; 3:08 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Obama Reaches Out to Female Voters in Indiana
Next: Washington Sketch: The Neverending Primary

Comments

How can Hillary win the election when she can't win the primary? This is just propaganda that Clinton supporters are using to justify her shameful attempts at stealing this election.

Claiming that Obama can't beat McCain because Clinton won certain states is ridiculous. The states where Clinton prevailed have labeled as "key states" by the Clinton propaganda machine, but in reality, they have all voted Democrat in the general election for the past 20 years.

How is it even possible to claim that a candidate who has won more states, has more delegates, and more of the legitimate popular vote is less likely to win? This is political manipulation at its finest, and is only a precursor to what we expect from Hillary as president.

Beyond all this, regardless of who gets the nomination, the Democratic candidate is probably going to win the general election. Dividing the party surely isn't helping the cause, but the debacle that Clinton has created with this primary will not overshadow the Republic screwry over the last few years, and will not change the fact that McCain is promising to stay with the Iraq war.

Basically, whoever runs for the Democrats is going to win, and Obama is the legitimate frontrunner. Making outlandish statements about his electability is divisive and absurd.

Posted by: Adam | April 28, 2008 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Go Obama!!!!!!!!!!! You can do it. I'm so proud of you going up against The Clinton Machine. Don't believe all the hype about PA. She was supposed to win there, by a 20 pt. lead, mind you. That was chopped to 10. She was supposed to win this election months ago. She's a former first lady going around the country with her husband a former president and you're still going on. More power to ya!!!! To all the folks saying Obama's a pop star, nothing wrong with that. To the people talking about American Idol, forget about it! We all know this is not that show, and he's not singing, he's a formidable politician and I'm glad his hat's in the ring. I don't want a woman in The White House who everytime her mouth moves she's lying. Not in our White House. Not a chance, no thanks.

Superdelegates...Clinton should've automatically had half of the 800 supers when she announced her candidacy. I'm certain the Clintons have done enough favors for them, etc. That tells me something's wrong why they aren't lining up for her right away. She's no good.

Obama 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Vegas | April 24, 2008 8:33 PM | Report abuse

I don't believe the $10 million in one day. Not unless a significant portion of it came from the candidate herself. By the time, these numbers can be verified, it will be too late.

"Hillary has proven over and over that she can do more with less money."

Yeah, she can buy more doughnuts and pizza. She had plenty of money earlier this year, but her hopelessly mismanaged campaign squandered it.

Posted by: Stacey, Indianapolis, IN | April 24, 2008 11:00 AM | Report abuse

I wonder about the $10 million figure, too. Not because I can't believe she would raise that much, but because she's lied about so much. Even claiming that she won PA by those double digits everybody said she had to win by looks like she was jumping the gun at claiming the hurdle hurdled (like in TX where she claimed victory but didn't ultimately win). By my count she won by about 9.34 points. Last time I made the mistake of rounding that up to ten was first grade. Just makes me wonder if she isn't rounding up to get that nice, neat $10 million dollar figure. Everything she does now seems about grabbing the press, and that sure fits well in a soundbite.

Posted by: George | April 24, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Candidate Clinton is a serial liar.

Posted by: David | April 23, 2008 6:03 PM

She is also a sociopath. There is no way to categorize her as anything but a sociopath as she perfectly fits the profile. A sociopath is defined as a person with a sense of entitlement who is unremorseful and apathetic to others, takes no personal responsibility and is manipulative and conning. They tend to be affectively cold and socially irresponsible, non-conforming to norms and are often grandiose.

You go Hillary. It's great to see a talented, hardworking, successful person achieving what you have achieved. by lucci.

What has she achieved?

Check out the devastation in western NY before you vote for MRS Clinton. Niagara Falls, which you know houses one of the world's wonders is in danger of losing its status as a city and with the loss a reduction in funding. The exodus caused by high unemployment is the culprit. Hillary promised jobs but did not deliver; her excuse is that she thought Al Gore would be president though this condition was not mentioned when she ran for the senate. My problem with MRS Clinton is that she doesn't ever seem to have a back up plan. Why didn't she plan for the defeat of Al Gore and develop an alternate strategy? The same lack of a backup plan plagued her in the Super Tuesday debacle. She thought she would have the nomination in the bag and when that didn't happen she floundered and is now trailing a 'tyro' nationally. MRS Clinton is excellent in promising and below average in delivering on her campaign promises. She claims to have solutions to the problems of unemployment, security, and the economy and I guess we are supposed to elect her president before we are privy to these remedies; why hasn't she, in her eight years in the senate, worked her magic in western NY?

Posted by: james d granata | April 24, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

HE HAS NEVER WON AGAINST A TOUGH OPPONENT!

And she has?

Rick Lazio in 2000
John Spenser, the mayor of Yonkers in 2006

Check out how well democrats have always done in senate races since the 60s in NY State; she is no exception.

Posted by: james d granata | April 24, 2008 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Barack Obama: "I did not vote for the war."

Um, you were a STATE senator at the time, therefore you weren't even in any position to make a decision.

I'VE DONATED $2300 TO HRC

Posted by: Marlo | April 24, 2008 5:46 AM | Report abuse

I'm am now convinced that the Democratic presidential primaries, and the upcoming covention have become, and shall continue to be a Classical Greek Tragedy. The main characters in this tragedy can see their doom closing in on them, but their fatal character flaws (hubris & unbridled ambition) prevents them from acting in a way that will preclude their doom. Their doom will be by-and-large non-external in nature, and they shall have no one other than themselves to blame. How ironically Nixionian.

Posted by: Zeno | April 24, 2008 1:54 AM | Report abuse

Fun as it all was, I believe Dick Morris is right. Billary is Toast.

I personally do not mind. I believe O'Bomba is now by far the easier to defeat, and any more premature Vetting of the Racist is just going to build Callouses on his surface!

Billary should take the Money, settle debts, and allow her Followers to get focussed on the differences between the Green Supported World Labor Party Policies of Barack Hussein's, and the Old School Democrat Policies of the RINO's.

The VP's are NOW about to tell the true Story, and set the Stage.

My Bets-Barack Hussein launches "Class Warfare" with Richardson, :-(

and I PRAY, McCain seeks Economic Policy support, along with rallying the Conservative Base, with Mitt Romney! :-)

Get Ready for the Billary's newest Book-"We'll Be Baaaaack!" ;~)

Posted by: RAT-The | April 24, 2008 1:45 AM | Report abuse

it doesn't matter girls, noone is going to put a muslim or a shill in the whitehouse, but it is hilarious to watch them blow through all their money just to end up with nothing in the end. and guess what, true to democrat form, it will always be someone else's fault

Posted by: laughing at the dems | April 24, 2008 1:13 AM | Report abuse

IN RESPONSE TO JOJO'S POST...

It is an outright lie to say Barack did not thank his supporters in PA. Here is the link to his concession speech:

What does he say at 1:57min into the speech?

...

IF YOU BOTHER TO LISTEN (WHICH I DOUBT YOU WILL) YOU WILL FIND YOU JUST POSTED A BOLDFACE LIE.

And, by the way, did you listen to Hillary's last two conscession speeches? Can you find for me where she thanks her supporters? She is a person of zero moral character -- no wonder you support her.

Next time post facts not lies.

Let me make a prediction...

The Hillary supporters will not bother to listen to the Barack concession speech and will not bother to search (in vain) for Hillary's comments about her supporters in her last two primary loses.

Posted by: Charlie | April 24, 2008 12:49 AM | Report abuse

Hillary has proven over and over that she can do more with less money. She does not need as much as Barack Obama to compete. She works harder. Holds more meetings, town halls, rallies, interviews, etc.. Look at her schedule over the past 6 months. When the heck does she sleep?

Her strong work ethic is undeniable.

Posted by: James | April 24, 2008 12:31 AM | Report abuse

I am so proud of Hillary and so inspired by her. She will be such a great president. GO HILLARY GO!!! Also, I have to say I thought it showed a lack of class for Obama to never even say thank you to the people in PA who supported him and worked for him and endorsed him and voted for him. He never even said one sentence about PA in his IN speech, and I think it shows how little he appreciates the people who worked for him. Hillary for President and GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Posted by: jojo | April 24, 2008 12:27 AM | Report abuse

Go Hillary!! We love you!

Posted by: Holly | April 24, 2008 12:05 AM | Report abuse

Go Hillary!! We love you!

Posted by: Holly | April 24, 2008 12:04 AM | Report abuse

Um, ok folks.

Hillary gained 12 delegates in PA. That is a fact.

Another fact is that Hillary has $8m in cash and $9m in debt. Why has she not paid the folks she owes nine million dollars to?

You could argue FL votes should count, but how do you accept a 328,00 votes to nil vote in MI? You really believe Barack would have received zero votes in MI? You really believe the 41% of the vote that went to "other" would not have been for Barack and would not have increased dramatically?

The fact is the #1 issue for Americans is the economy. Why would we trust a $1trillion+ economy to someone who cannot managed a $100m campaign? A campaign, btw, that is in debt and has already had two major senior advisor shakeups.

I want the person who makes me believe politicians can be good; who makes me believe government can be a good; who makes me want believe in change and hope.

I want Barack Obama.

Posted by: Charlie | April 23, 2008 11:55 PM | Report abuse

I also think that all of you that are arguing about which candidate is best and which will win need to stop and focus. Neither candidate is perfect. The Democratic party seems to always tear themselves apart. If we stand together against the Republicans it doesn't matter which of the two candidates gets the nomination, there are many more people that are tired of the war and tired of the Republican trickle down economy. But if we keep on bashing each other neither one is going to win and we will have "spent" our advantage as well as our contributions.

Posted by: kd11 | April 23, 2008 11:52 PM | Report abuse

I will vote for Hillary if she wins the nomination, I will vote for Obama if he wins the nomination. I want our involvement in Iraq and the middle east to end. What is so hard about that? I would prefer Obama to win. I feel that he is the more honest candidate. He certainly seems to be the one that cares most about us in the middle class. I think that Hillary would be ok, but I see too much of government as usual with her.

Posted by: kd11 | April 23, 2008 11:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | April 23, 2008 11:40 PM | Report abuse

IT'S TIME AMERICA:

It's time for everyone to face the truth. Barack Obama has no real chance of winning the national election in November at this time. His crushing defeat in Pennsylvania makes that fact crystal clear. His best, and only real chance of winning in November is on a ticket with Hillary Clinton as her VP.

Hillary Clinton seemed almost somber at her victory speech. As if part of her was hoping Obama could have defeated her. And proved he had some chance of winning against the republican attack machine, and their unlimited money, and resources. In all honesty. I felt some of that too.

But it is absolutely essential that the democrats take back the Whitehouse in November. America, and the American people are in a very desperate condition now. And the whole World has been doing all that they can to help keep us propped up.

Hillary Clinton say's that the heat, and decisions in the Whitehouse are much tougher than the ones on the campaign trail. But I think Mr. Obama faces a test of whether he has what it takes to be a commander and chief by facing the difficult facts, and the truth before him. And by doing what is best for the American people by dropping out of the race, and offering his whole hearted assistance to Hillary Clinton to help her take back the Whitehouse for the American people, and the World.

Mr. Obama is a great speaker. And I am confident he can explain to the American people the need, and wisdom of such a personal sacrifice for them. It should be clear to everyone by now that Hillary Clinton is fighting her heart out for the American people. She has known for a long time that Mr. Obama can not win this November. You have to remember that the Clinton's have won the Whitehouse twice before. They know what it takes.

If Mr. Obama fails his test of commander and chief we can only hope that Hillary Clinton can continue her heroic fight for the American people. And that she prevails. She will need all the continual support and help we can give her. She may fight like a superhuman. But she is only human.

Sincerely

Jacksmith... Working Class :-)

Posted by: jacksmith | April 23, 2008 11:33 PM | Report abuse

Yep the devils sons and daughters are still busy!

Yes you can run a white water scam and steal the people's savings.

Yes you can have state troopers solicite women so you can have sex with them, and it's okay with your wife.

Yes you can look into the camera and tell the people "I did not have sex with that woman"

I just read Monica Lewinski is supporting Hilary Clinton, and bought a new dress that is stain proof

Posted by: Seer | April 23, 2008 11:20 PM | Report abuse

OBAMA COUNTDOWN
303 Delegates

TO VICTORY

Posted by: steveforobama | April 23, 2008 11:09 PM | Report abuse

Yes you can.
Obama has moved into nice house.
Yes you can
Uncle Wight has moved into nice house.
Yes you can
just prey for your turn

Posted by: jy2008 | April 23, 2008 11:05 PM | Report abuse

Just read Elizabeth Edwards supporting Hillary Clinton.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 23, 2008 10:59 PM | Report abuse

303 DELEGATES

OBAMA WINS

HILLARY NEEDS 434
408 ELECTED LEFT
300 SUPERS

Posted by: Scott4Obama | April 23, 2008 10:49 PM | Report abuse

I agree with delagatelessnfl, it is sad to see such an important part of our lives and our childrens lives reduced to my team is better than your team rants. However, I think most of the rants are coming from the Clinton camp. Barack made one of the bravest most honest speeches ever heard in America about race in America. He told the truth, without bitterness, without blame. In the end, he called for all of us to come together. He reminded us "Not This Time! He has tried to keep focus on what "All" americans need. Both of the books he's written, show this, and his campaign shows he is one person walking the walk, not just talking the talk. With a country in recession, a war costing billions of dollars, young men and women losing their lives, and their limbs, people losing their homes...haven't we had enough negativity? It is very obvious to anyone who honestly looks and listens to what has been presented by the candidates who is leading the way with more negativity. If Barack wanted to be negative he could ask the question, How is a woman who can't keep her husband out of other peoples beds, going to run a country? He has never been demeaning to Hilary, questinoning her ability to lead as a woman. The typical white male who made comments earlier, might want to remember that...typical white males don't vote for women either. For a minute there I had high hopes that America had turned the corner. However with so many racists comments, and out and out lies, there still seems to be more than a few people trying to gather a mindless mob to run roughshod over the truth just so they can get their way. The last time we elected a liar, we got a war, a recession, and a push to get our telephones tapped. To my knowledge Barack was never convicted of hard drugs. However George Bush was known to have snorted cocaine while he was in the Air national guard, and Roger Clinton was pardoned by his brother Bill on his way out of office i think for drug conspiracy charges. Barack has not brought any of this up, because his focus is on how he can help the people. He is not a muslim, was not raised a muslim, but he does have an understanding about the beliefs of many people. He is Black & White, has a heritage rooted in the heartland of America (Kansas). He is America! He is the melting pot! He is all the good that America stands for. He has never cheated on his wife, never hurt his children by making them the subject of ridicule for immoral behavior. As far as a tough opponent, Hilary moved to New York and was positioned to win by a political ally stepping aside to take his spot. I read another blog where someone compared this to carpet-bagging. That same comment went on to say what kind of message is sent to woman everywhere. That a woman has a husband that cheats on her; breaks the vows they made before God over and over for a period of at least 15 years, and keeps putting up with that abuse. This country is sooooooo deeeep in greed and corruption, we need a leader with integrity who truly cares about the needs of the common people, not someone who is accustomed to having power, and using it to manipulate everyone to get what they want. I truly wish the people in a country that prints "In God We Trust" on their money would stop lying/displaying behavior attributed to the father of lies.

Posted by: Cowboy | April 23, 2008 10:44 PM | Report abuse

OPERATION CHAOS!!!!!
YES WE CAN!

Posted by: FREDDY | April 23, 2008 10:34 PM | Report abuse

The AP and just about everyone else says 3.5.

This post needs to be taken down or corrected.

It's just like 9.2 being rounded up to 10, and every other straw grasped at to try and make it seem that a Hillary nomination is possible. Look at the hapless people on this blog that you are stringing along. It's irresponsible.

Posted by: Matt | April 23, 2008 10:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NEOCRAT NEOCON NATION | April 23, 2008 10:19 PM | Report abuse

ONE PERSON
2/3 VOTE

MAKE MY DAY SUPER DELEGATES

Posted by: Scott4Obama | April 23, 2008 10:17 PM | Report abuse

Hey NEOCRAT,

Hillary can't wipe her feet on anybody. They're too swolen to get out of her shoes.

Posted by: Mark Williams | April 23, 2008 10:17 PM | Report abuse

HILLARY VS MCCAIN

MEANS
BOMB BOMB BOMB
BOMB BOMB IRAN

FOR SURE

Posted by: BOMB IRAN | April 23, 2008 10:16 PM | Report abuse

HILLARY WIPES HER
FEET WITH OBAMA

ITS OVER

GO HOME KIDS

Posted by: NEOCRAT NEOCON NATION | April 23, 2008 10:14 PM | Report abuse

Hey helenoftroy,

That $2 should go a long way in helping Hillary retire her $9 million mountain of campaign debt. Way to go!!!

Posted by: Mark Williams | April 23, 2008 10:13 PM | Report abuse

Isn't it a shame that my first reaction is "she's exaggerating". I guess that's better than "she's lying" which is what she's doing in relation to the popular vote. Integrity is a quality we should want in a category and Senator Clinton is sadly lacking.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 23, 2008 10:10 PM | Report abuse

Sorry buddy, I just sent in my tax refund to Hillary Clinton. She is not going anywhere. She is not dropping out of any race. She is a fighter and she is five hundred times tougher than Obama. Supporting Clinton does not make me racist or ignorant. If calling your fellow Dems ugly names, helps you feel better, though, just remember what I say as I drift off to sleep at night "VICE President Obama" GO HILLARY GO!

Posted by: helenoftroy | April 23, 2008 10:05 PM | Report abuse

Cal should be removed.
Someone contact this blog and figure it out.
Calling the senator a terrorist is just too low for a civilized nation to endure.

Posted by: bruce becker | April 23, 2008 10:04 PM | Report abuse

Hilary is without a doubt the best person to take the helm. Obama has a thin resume, and shady alliances. She can kick it in gear on Capitol Hill and restore our economy, and international goodwill as her spouse did. We love her in DC!

Posted by: Elizabeth | April 23, 2008 10:01 PM | Report abuse

Hillary won Pennsylvania. She won other States also. What she needs to win is 70% of the remaining Pledged Delegates. Even if she wins all the remaining States it is highly unlikely she will win the 70% and even if she did the nomination is not guaranteed. Winning Pennsylvania is dollar short and an hour late. Simply Stop the Drama, Vote Obama.

Posted by: Fareed | April 23, 2008 10:01 PM | Report abuse

HILLARY's DELUSIONAL ARGUMENT
=============================

Superdelegates vote your conscience. Give 0% weight to this:

1. He's got more pledged delegates
2. He's got more popular votes
3. He's won more states
4. He's beating Clinton and McCain in national polls
5. He's won more superdelegates since Feb 5 approx 80-5
6. He will soon be ahead in superdelegates
7. Oh and a minor note, his campaign is financially solvent.

and 100% weight to this:

1. I will lose NC
2. I might win IN
3. I have won OH,PA,RI.
4. I lost the overall TX election.
5. I might win WV,KY
6. If we ignore the black vote and the liberal vote, I've won.
7. If you ignore all the contests Obama won, and count the ones I won plus the ones that didn't count that I won, I've won.

=======================
Ooooh that's a real tough one for the Superdelegates. This is gonna be Haaaard!

Posted by: Anonymous | April 23, 2008 10:00 PM | Report abuse

No Obama.

Too much Drama.

If Dems select him, lots of Trauma.

McCain will send him back to Momma.

Posted by: McCAin will send him back to Momma | April 23, 2008 10:00 PM | Report abuse

To the name caller who didnt even sign his material.
HRC LOST Texas March 29th which was when the second round of the caucus was done. The actual delegate count there is 99 for Obama and 94 for Mrs Clinton. You forgot the loss of HRC in Mississippi. It counts. She lost Mississippi 20 delegates to 14. That makes two in a row, before Pa. Notice that the sum of the delegates won in Pa by Mrs Clinton are the same as the sum of the delegates won by Obama in Miss and Tex.
No matter how you try to spin other categories, the ONLY category that matters is delegate votes if you have 2025. Obama will have more than 2025 by June 9th when the last of the states confirm their delegates, and on June 3rd the voters in the caucuses of South Dakota and Montana are going to be STOKED to vote and choose the next president of the US, Senator Obama. I bet those guys in Mich are wishing they hadnt tried to shove NH out of the first position now. If they were on the last weekend, it would be a big deal.

Posted by: Bruce becker | April 23, 2008 9:58 PM | Report abuse

Obama is to politics what herpes is to puppy love.

Barack Obama -- he's every bad idea you've ever had.

Posted by: Obama is to politics what herpes is to puppy love | April 23, 2008 9:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Fareed | April 23, 2008 9:57 PM | Report abuse

if the dems want a candidate that can't win a large state, Illinois excepted, want to pretend that Mich. and Florida, don't exist, then they deserve what they ask for. (GOP loves the house sitting assignment!)

Posted by: sam | April 23, 2008 9:54 PM | Report abuse

Hey Bruce Becker,

Thanks for that reminder. So this "big win" that's being reported wasn't even double digits. And I'm convinced the gains she made in delegates and popular vote will be wiped out in N.C. The few delegates she picked up might be wiped out before then, in super delegates moving to Obama. The Oklahoma Gov. made his move to Obama today even though Clinton won that primary!

Posted by: Mark Williams | April 23, 2008 9:49 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if Hilary is getting anymore money from Ron Paul, or perhaps there is a new white water scam going down? Honestly America does not seem to want Honesty! Hilary is contributing nothing but negativity to this campaign and dividing the democratic party. McCain is cheering her own, cause he knows he can beat her. Despite all this rah rah there are not enough people in America who love Hilary (including Playah Playah Bill)to be loyal enough to get her elected.

Posted by: Cowboy | April 23, 2008 9:49 PM | Report abuse

After reading this I immediately went to www.mybarackobama.com and donated $50

why?

because this election is that important...it's necessary to have a change from the politics of those who voted for the Iraq War.

Posted by: kevin larmee | April 23, 2008 9:49 PM | Report abuse

One more comment on superdels. The Obama campaign has been arguing that superdels should obey the will of the folks in their states. BUT, New Mexico went to Clinton. So, did they graciously decline Bill Richardson's endorsement, and send him to the Clinton campaign?

Thought not.

Posted by: Lisa | April 23, 2008 9:47 PM | Report abuse

Nominating Obama is llke bungee jumping without a rope.

Its like sky diving without a parachute.

Obama is the candidate that appeals to every Democrat's inner lemmmings.

Nominating Obama is a sure way to win the "javelin catch"

Just like winning, losing is a habit..

If we nomate Obama, we're buying a Darwin award for the entire Democratic Party.

Don't do it.

Don't jump out of that plane.

Lets surprise the Repubicans and not run a total loser this time.

Barry Obama's a very bad idea.

If we nominate Hillary Clinton we can and will defeat John McCain.

Lets try winning for a change.

We might even find that we like it.

Posted by: Obama's a really bad joke | April 23, 2008 9:46 PM | Report abuse

The rounding makes sense and it is perfectly understandable that people are saying 10 points. Since the results were rounded legitimately to 55-45 which then becomes 10 points without any rounding in the subtraction at all.

Even with the "10 points" in Pennsylvania...Hillary doesn't have a prayer. She does have the ability to spoil the election for the democrats though.

As an independent voter supporting Obama, it's painful to watch hillary's relentless attacks upon him despite having no real chance of beating him. This woman has no class.

Posted by: seniorpepe | April 23, 2008 9:45 PM | Report abuse

the author who complains that Obama's lead consists of delegates from caucuses, is apparently not from a state with caucuses. Some people love them. They count just the same as the delegates from your state. And they have been around for generations, so dont act like they are not real. They are a fixture of our interesting forms of democracy. And if HRC wins Indiana, this election may be decided by the two caucuses remaining, in South Dakota and Montana.
Guess who is going to be excited to get out and vote in their caucus?
HRC managed to get Puerto Rico to change its election from caucus to primary.

Posted by: Bruce Becker | April 23, 2008 9:44 PM | Report abuse

After reading so many of these blog posts it reminds me of two drunken sports fans debating which sports team has the best players. It truly is a shame our political process that we profess is the best in the world, has been reduced to 'he said she said' dialog.

Unfortunately so much depends on the actions of we 'the adults,' to ensure our children's future. We need to solves the problems that plague our society (Iraq War, Health Car, Economy, and Education).

The simplest solution to this Primary race is the let both candidates finish the process. The resulting earn delegate count will provide the ratio of how to apply super delegates votes. Based on that the one with the most wins. Whoever it is, all that do not want McCain elected, should support him or her. Simple.

Posted by: DelegatelessnFL | April 23, 2008 9:39 PM | Report abuse

You two should check out the "branding" experiment. You have a good sense of humor. But, McCain is seen as the Ford truck-yes, a gas guzzler, but the best selling vehicle of recent decades. Ominous if true.

Warren wrote, "...mall states where the Dem party is dominated by latte swilling, white wine swigging, Prius-driving elitists."

I guess since I don't like lattes, drink red wine, and drive a Volvo, explains why I am a Hillary supporter ;-)

Posted by: Driving : my wife mad | April 23, 2008 9:39 PM | Report abuse

Ira
Two points on MICH and Florida.
1. Florida's own Congresspeople nixed a mail in vote that would have allowed 100% of registered Dems to vote. Obama didnt do that. They were carrying on about whether the envelopes would be stolen from mail boxes and filled in by fradulent voters.
2. MICH is different from Florida. MICH moved the date and tried to squash democracy and take the opportunity for a small state to be first, which allows less well known people to make a beginning, away from NH.
Florida had its date moved by the Republican majority in Florida, which is why people of good will hoped, as you do, that a solution would be arrived at. The Florida congressional delegation rejected it. That has nothing to do with HRC or Obama. In the case of MICH, private persons associated with Obama offered to pay for the whole thing and the Obama camp was concerned that it would look as though he was buying the election.
Next time states wont move the dates ahead of NH.

Posted by: bruce becker | April 23, 2008 9:37 PM | Report abuse

After reading through many of these comments, one thing has become clear:

Hillary has the racist, ignorant, high-school dropout vote all locked up. Disgusting.

Posted by: Matt | April 23, 2008 9:33 PM | Report abuse

Mark Williams of NC: HRC didnt win by 10 points.
That is an oft-repeated big lie. She won by 9.3229.
9% when you round, as it is always done in this kind of reportage. No one ever rounds UP to the next higher number from .3, except in this case, since it is on behalf of the Clintons. 9 is single digits and she would have been said to have lost. Just by stretching the facts to meet the need, now she can claim to have won.

Posted by: bruce becker | April 23, 2008 9:31 PM | Report abuse

Apparently one out of seven deluded voters believes the oft-repeated big lie that Senator Obama is a Muslim. How can we expect to restore the Constitution when organizations systematically produce emails and mailers which conflate Obama and Osama? The Republicans pretend to do it by mistake.

Posted by: Bruce Becker | April 23, 2008 9:27 PM | Report abuse

Oh please all the Clinton lovers. Do you love the fact that Bill Clinton is being sued for fraud - $17,000,000 worth of fraud in California? Do you really want him parading around the White House again?

Posted by: keely | April 23, 2008 9:26 PM | Report abuse

Hey typical white guy,

Because so many of your sons and daughters are voting for Obama, you can go ahead and vote for Hillary. We've done pretty well without you so far. As Pennsylvania showed, more young voters are joining the Democratic Party every day to vote for Obama. That's how he cut a 26-point lead to 10 points in a few weeks time. UNC, Duke, N.C. State, Wake Forest, East Carolina, N.C. A&T, N.C. Central, etc. represent an ocean of Obama support.

Posted by: Mark Williams | April 23, 2008 9:25 PM | Report abuse

My favorite part of the media spin on the Penn election is the lie that she won by 'double-digits". Apparently the actual difference is 9.3229%. Rounded down, that's 9%. That's single digits. No one ever rounds up from .3 unless they have an ax to grind and some water to carry. She could not even win by double digits in her home state, with all the DEM machine behind her. On May 7th, after NC, she will be so far behind in delegates, that even her supporters will be able to do the math. Then we will be treated to another big lie, this one about Mich and why it counts and why Florida counts. I remember when she said, in New Hampshire, that she understands the benefit to democracy of having a small state with only a few small towns to be first, so that unknowns, without a husband's brand name, and without $100 million to loan to one's campaign, may participate and be heard, and maybe even gather momentum. But now she pretends to have never said those words. Actually, she is lying. She knows that MICH never counted, and why. She remembers what she said in NH to them, too.

Posted by: bruce becker | April 23, 2008 9:24 PM | Report abuse

Hillary can't win the nomination. Please do the math. Her win in PA only guarantees she'll be in the race until June, after which she'll promptly be out of the race.

What a spectacle.

Posted by: Steve | April 23, 2008 9:17 PM | Report abuse

Hillary loan herself more money if anything, to pay-off her 10 million dollar debt...lol What a liar! Satan please get your child. She's doing too much.

Posted by: Debmood | April 23, 2008 9:15 PM | Report abuse

Has any one asked how much of the money raised by Senator Clinton can be used in the primaries and how much can be used in the general election only? Back in March, I believe, it was widely reported that a substantial portion of the money being reported by the Clinton campaign was actually coming from donors who had already maxed out their $2300 contributions for the primary elections so that the new contributions could not be spent until the general election campaign started. Is that still true? If so, her fund-raising bump is largely illusory.

Also, has any one asked how much of this money--even if it can be used in the primaries--has to go (or, morally, should go) to pay her millions of dollars in unpaid bills?

Not all that long ago, Senator Clinton was the "inevitable" candidate with all the money and all the endorsements. Now, she has creditors, as well as supporters, accross the country.

If she cannot run a fiscally responsible campaign, how can she possibly run the entire federal government? (The same should be asked of Senator McCain.)

Posted by: LP, Los Angeles | April 23, 2008 9:13 PM | Report abuse

It's time for Obama to step aside and allow Clinton to take on McCain.

Typical white males still rule and they won't vote for Hussein Obama.

Posted by: Another typical white person | April 23, 2008 9:10 PM | Report abuse

I notice that Mr. political analyst did not sign his e-mail. Just put an "X" in next time. In case you haven't heard, Hillary is barely going to compete in North Carolina. Looks like she's headed for another 20-POINT blowout of the kind she has suffered in nearly every Southern state, including Mississippi, which somehow didn't make it onto your list of recent primaries. If she loses Indiana by even 1 point, the Democrats will give her, her cackle, and all her pantsuits the heave-ho. You belittle the role of African American voters, but how do you suppose any Democrat will win the general election without about 90 percent of that vote and a big turnout? Is anybody dumb enough to think that Hillary would still draw that kind of support from African Americans, the most loyal Democratic constituency?

Posted by: Mark Williams | April 23, 2008 9:00 PM | Report abuse

The Caucus has been phased out because it is undemocratic but used in some states still - note a caucus in a large state won't work either. Look at Texas it was a MESS. Indeed, Hillary won the Texas primary "popular vote" by 4% points but because the RULES forced Texas to vote TWICE, she lost that crazy caucus and therefore Obama won 25 more delegates than he should have. Move those 25 delegates from Obama to Hillary and Hillary would be only 60 delegates away from Obama - A VERY CLOSE NUMBER.

When all is said and done, Hillary will win the popular vote. The superdelegates MUST view the entire story. The entire story is how did Obama obtain the 80-90 pledged delegate lead that he will have over Hillary when all is said and done. It was mainly through caucuses such as Texas. The superdelegates must also consider Florida and MI. Obama will never win FL and he wouldn't be a favorite in MI. I see this election as a "TIE". Neither candidate will win the proper number of pledged delgates and when all is said and done only 80-90 pledged delegates will separate them. Caucuses were unfair and that Hillary won the popular vote. For a caucus, most people can't spend 3 hours at night because they work or have children. Others are ill or seniors. Others may be in school.

Finally, the democrat party must change there system. Superdelegates and the caucus system is undemocratic. I prefer winner take all. And in the winner take all rules, Hillary would be winning by a landslide.

Posted by: More Democratic System | April 23, 2008 8:57 PM | Report abuse

as a lifelong democrat, i would like a candidate to be able to win the states with the most electors. as one of the republican pundit s stated last night: al gore found out that it is not the person with the most popular votes that wins. obama must prove he can win the states with the most electors. he has not. he has mostly won state with caucases and cross over voters. if he is flush with all that money, let him put his money where his mouth is and fund out of his pocket revotes in michigan and florida. what does he fear? losing

Posted by: ira | April 23, 2008 8:56 PM | Report abuse

Yes, I scrolled down and read all of the comments. American political discourse consists of taunt and counter-taunt. I do not point the finger solely at the Obamanuts and Clintonistas: The Republican primary consisted of exactly the same phenomena, and the posts of its partisans were as shrill and as ludicrous. If anything, the general election promises to be the most vicious and mindless in recent memory.

I left this sordid, festering swamp long ago. Two years into Clinton's first term, I switched my registration to Independent and vowed never to vote for a Democrat or Republican for any office. I always vote, but for minor party candidates or I write-in the names of individuals I respect and admire.

Staying home is not an option for me; the vote is too precious in a democracy. I have voted in every election--local, state, national--since I became eligible in 1968. My vote represents a tangible expression of my political will: I do not want my country manipulated by the Two-Party system. My vote is the only weapon I have. I will always cast it for Neither Of The Above.

This year I have not decided how to cast my vote for President, other than it will not be for Nader. (I don't want to encourage him.) I suspect it will be a write-in this year, rather than a minor party.

Let me close by directly addressing the taunt and counter-taunt posts by paraphrasing Bernie Sanders of Vermont, the only Independent(*) in the Senate: On their worst day either Senator Clinton or Senator Obama would be a better President than George Bush on his best day.

(*) Lieberman is not an Independent. He is a Republican with an "I" after his name.

Posted by: IceNine | April 23, 2008 8:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ira | April 23, 2008 8:55 PM | Report abuse

Obama NAME WAS *ON* the Ballot in Florida!

Obama NAME WAS *ON* the Ballot in Florida!

Obama NAME WAS *ON* the Ballot in Florida!

Obama LOST BIG time in Florida!

NOTE: There was cable TV Ads that went into Florida by the Obama Campaign. Obama Campaign doesn't want to bring that up. Hillary had no such purchased cable ads.

Posted by: jacob333 | April 23, 2008 8:55 PM | Report abuse

OBAMA'S FELONY HARD DRUG HISTORY MAKES HIM UNELECTABLE.

Nothing can change that.

Read Obama's books. Its all there in his own words.

Obama's unelectable for an host of reasons, but there are several "sure-kills" that Hillary hasn't used but Republicans will.

Among the most powerful are his self-admitted history of Grand Theft Auto and Repeated purchase and use of hard drugs --specifically cocaine, which he braggs that he did "as often as he could afford it" in his books

When he gets asked in a debate with McCain --

"Mr Obama how many times did you purchase or use hard drugs such as Cocaine?"

What will his answer be?

How many people would vote for him after that?

His own words make him unacceptable to the majority of Americans.

The only reason it hasn't been show-stopper so far is that the kids that support him seem to think its cool, and adults that support him don't know.

To mainstream America, its unacceptable.

Even just rumors of it almost sunk Bush.

In Obama's case, he admits, in fact, braggs about it, in his books.

OBAMA'S FELONY HARD DRUG HISTORY MAKES HIM UNELECTABLE.

Posted by: OBAMA'S FELONY HARD DRUG HISTORY MAKES HIM UNELECTABLE | April 23, 2008 8:47 PM | Report abuse

TO EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT HILLARY HAS MORE VOTES BECAUSE OF FLORIDA AND MICHIGAN....

OBAMAS NAME WAS NOT ON THE BALLOT IN MICHIGAN!

OBAMAS NAME WAS NOT ON THE BALLOT IN MICHIGAN!

THEREFORE YOU HAVE NO POINT...WHAT MORE IS THERE TO SAY.

Posted by: Orion | April 23, 2008 8:42 PM | Report abuse

My two cents are that:
(1) We can not afford another eight years! How we have this mess now after seven years is that Bush has no ideas and could not (and can not) articulate for big pictures. So he has to depend entirely on his VP and others to run the country. I am really sorry for him because his presidency has been practically hijacked by a bunch of "friends". Sadly, I do not see a difference between Obama and Bush i nthis regard. Bush was running under the "Change and compassion" slogan.
(2) A change is so easy because things are so bad. What we are going to change to? If Obama has better ideas, use the ads to promote that, not to go negative employing the scare tatics all over the places like the repulicans do all the time.

Posted by: Gator Fan | April 23, 2008 8:41 PM | Report abuse

Look Obama-idiots,

Hilliary will close the gap in NC to within 5 points and she will win IN by at least 10 points, much like her blow-out win in PA.

then she will have won 5 of the last 7 primaries in the past 2 months

the states she won: TX (huge), OH (swing), PA (swing), IN (working class), RI (fiercely independent)

the two she lost: NC (black vote) and vermont (super liberal)

add in West Virgin and Kentucky after that and she will win 7 out of 9, with obama only winning where there a ton of blacks or its super liberal.

the calendar favors clinton the same way it favored obama with that string of caucus states after super tuesday.

she is going to close with the momentum, epsecially when florida gets added, which will probably give her the popular vote lead.

Hilliary is going to get this nomination because you cant elect a president between just blacks and latte liberals. you need more than that in a largely white, right of the center country.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 23, 2008 8:40 PM | Report abuse

Here's Hillary's argument to the superdelegates, vote your conscience, but ignore all this:

1. He's got more pledged delegates
2. He's got more popular votes
3. He's won more states
4. He's beating Clinton and McCain in national polls
5. He's won more superdelegates since Feb 5 approx 80-5
6. He will soon be ahead in superdelegates
7. Oh and a minor note, his campaign is financially solvent.

and give 100% weight to this:

I am the only who can beat McCain

=====================================
Its a delusional argument.

de·lu·sion
A fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact: a paranoid delusion.

It does not add up. But we all know that the Clinton campaign is not very good at math judging from the fact that they are $10 million in debt (we'll believe you're not when we see the filings next month) after raising $170 million.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 23, 2008 8:31 PM | Report abuse

Hey Amurcia,

How are you able to type while wearing a straight jacket?

Posted by: Mark Williams | April 23, 2008 8:20 PM | Report abuse

To the AA Community: Barry Hussein Obama is a Mulatto. He chose to run as black
to play the race card strategy. He grew up with Muslims as a Muslim reportedly very
devoted to his religion, and with his grand
parents who are white. He has nothing in
common with Black folks from the USA. He really is an Arab American, he also has double citizenship with Africa. His money
is coming from Muslim connections. Wake AA
folks you are dragging our victory in Nov
down, you are holding us democrats hostage
he is not one of your guys. We need to take our Country back and Obama is not qualified to accomplished that nor his actions show his love for our Country.

Posted by: amurcia | April 23, 2008 8:15 PM | Report abuse

Obama is done. The money is now obviously going over to Hillary, that is who the people believe in. She demonstrated in spite of the heavy media attacks and attacks by the Obama camp against her, she won. Obama lost more than just PA, he's going to lose SD's and he's demonstrated he's not a closer, and he's afraid of debates. His time is over; just like a young rock star. Some will still donate to Obama, but those poeople and the numbers will decrease more and more as time goes on. He's done.

Posted by: John | April 23, 2008 8:14 PM | Report abuse

Hey Albert,

When did they start allowing laptops at the mental hospital where you're being kept?

Posted by: Mark Williams | April 23, 2008 8:13 PM | Report abuse

Copyright Reverend Irving Wright with twenty years of Amens from Barry Obama

While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us repudiate a land that's so called free,
Let us all be hateful for a land that's so called fair,
As we raise our bitter voices in a solemn prayer.

God Da-mn America,
Land that I loathe.
Stand astride her, yet despise her
With a chip on a shoulder from above.
From the plantations, up to Harvard
To the Jews rich from our blood
God Da-am America, keepin' us down down down.

Posted by: Albert | April 23, 2008 8:04 PM | Report abuse

George Stephanopoulos and other closet racists who believe that Hillary Clinton should succeed Bill Clinton and that Chelsea Clinton should succeed Hillary in American politics are delusional because America is not a monarchy.....

Posted by: red27 | April 23, 2008 8:00 PM | Report abuse

Carville's recent commentary attempting to extend the J Fred Muggs chimpanzee metaphor from Bush to smear Obama is obscene. Hillary must dismiss and disavow these activities as they are only poisoning the party.

Posted by: meril | April 23, 2008 8:00 PM | Report abuse

Michelle:

Loved you on the Colbert Report last week! Talk about a BLACK Jackie O!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | April 23, 2008 7:59 PM | Report abuse

Can't wait till my Obama is elected, then I will feel proud about this country for the second time in my life and my hopital district will give me another $200,000 raise for community outreach.

Posted by: Michelle | April 23, 2008 7:58 PM | Report abuse

1. He's got more pledged delegates

With the PA win, it is now mathematically impossible for him to reach 2,025 pledged delegates (without more super delegates, he and Hillary are in the same boat).

2. He's got more popular votes

Not if you count Florida and Michigan.

3. He's won more states

Many of which will not go Democratic in November and all of which have far less total population (and votes in the Electoral College)

4. He beats Clinton and McCain in national polls while virtually fighting in 3 campaigns against Bill, Hillary, and McCain.

We don't elect the President on total national vote (see, e.g. Al Gore). Other head-to-head polls show McCain doing better against Obama in key, battleground States than against Clinton.

5. He's won more superdelegates since Feb 5 approx 80-5

How do you "win" super delegates?

6. He will soon be ahead in superdelegates

Maybe, but maybe not.

7. Oh and a minor note, his campaign is financially solvent.

You missed the news that she is on track to shatter his 24 hour fund-raising record?

At least you agree that he can't close the deal ; )

Posted by: Anonymous | April 23, 2008 7:54 PM | Report abuse

They are going to find a way to take Obama's victory away. Just watch.

Posted by: taniqua | April 23, 2008 7:53 PM | Report abuse

www.barackobama.com I go for yet another donation.

Obama '08! Yes We Can!! =)

and I look forward to seeing you there!!

OH AND Congratulations for Hillary. Thank you Pennsylvania for coming through for Obama as well; you gave us a great margin too. Pennsylvanians get the nod =)

Posted by: Obama2008 | April 23, 2008 7:48 PM | Report abuse

Matt:

It hasn't even been 24 hours since the PA polls closed. All the campaign has said is that she is on track to raise more than $10 million. Whatever it is, it will beat even Obama's 24 hour fund-raising record of $4 million.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 23, 2008 7:48 PM | Report abuse

Do you believe the tide is turning?

Posted by: Frank, Austin TX | April 23, 2008 7:48 PM | Report abuse

The Hillary supporters on this page should spend some of their money on dictionaries or learn how to operate the check-spelling function on their computers.

Posted by: Mark Williams | April 23, 2008 7:46 PM | Report abuse

"HE HAS NEVER WON AGAINST A TOUGH OPPONENT!"

He's wiping the floor against Bill and Hillary in this campaign for the nomination.

1. He's got more pledged delegates
2. He's got more popular votes
3. He's won more states
5. He's won more superdelegates since Feb 5 approx 80-5
6. He will soon be ahead in superdelegates
7. Oh and a minor note, his campaign is financially solvent.

Why can't he close the deal?

1. She is running on Bill's record. Without Bill Clinton her aura of experience evaporates and people realize that she has no experience being a president.

2. There are many - I am not saying all, but in PA 1 in 8 - whites who will not vote for a black man. If you believe the white bigot vote that Hillary wrapped up in PA will stick with a woman over McCain, you probably also believe that Hillary encountered sniper fire in Bosnia.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 23, 2008 7:42 PM | Report abuse

Danny and Ron:

Hillary Clinton beat Barack Obama 54.6% to 45.4% -- she also took the total POPULAR vote lead, if you count Florida and Michigan -- what don't you understand about that?

Posted by: Anonymous | April 23, 2008 7:42 PM | Report abuse

Two questions to Obama and his supporters:

1. If a white minister preached sermons to his congregation and had used the "N" word and used rhetoric and words similar to members of the KKK, would you support a Democratic presidential candidate who decided to continue to be a member of that congregation?

2. Would you support that candidate if, after knowing of or hearing those sermons, he or she still appointed that minister to serve on his or her "Religious Advisory Committee" of his or her presidential campaign?

Obama will have to answer these questions now or in in fall.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 23, 2008 7:33 PM | Report abuse

Noticed, some Obama nuts are still epileptic over Hillary's Bosnia remarks. On the other hand, we Clinton supporters hardly get a chance to go ballistic over any one single statement of Obama because his contradictions and lies just keep piling up. There's hardly any time to reflect on one lie because you are hit right away with another one.

E.g.

Obama said he was for a single payer health system, but now opposes plans that cover every American.

He promised to repeal the Patriot Act, but then voted to extend it.

He promised to normalize relations with Cuba, but flip-flopped when he started running for president.

He rails against NAFTA in Ohio while his top economic advisor assures the Canadians his rhetoric is just "political positioning."

He promises to opt in to public financing if the GOP nominee does, but then breaks that pledge in real time.

He promises to withdraw from Iraq within 16 months, and now his top foreign policy adviser says that he's not relying on the plan.

At first he knew of no controversial remarks from his pastor. Then he knew it. Then he knew some but not others.

At first the "union" that brought him into this world was caused by the bridge crossing/civil rights movement in Selma which, by the way, actually happened 5 years afterwards. Long after he was born.

He flattered Kennedys by crediting them for funding his father's arrival to US when the Kennedys had nothing to do with it.

Don't even get me going over the questionnaires he has filled indicating positions he has completely contradicted during this campaign cycle.

Obama claims he doesn't take money from lobbyists. Semantics. Because about HALF of his donations come from big donors and "bundlers" who in terms of influence on campaign and favors they expect in return are not much different from lobbyists. His bundlers include partners from 18 top law firms, 21 Wall Street executives and power brokers from Fortune 500 companies. Use of bundlers was perfected by George W. Bush who established a hierarchy of "Rangers" and "Pioneers" to monitor their progress.

Obama didn't think he was experienced enough to run for President in 2004. "I am a believer in knowing what you are doing when you apply for a job. And I think that If I were to seriously consider running on a national ticket I would essentially have to start now before having served a day in the senate. Now there's some people who might be comfortable doing that but I am not one of those people."

List keeps on growing.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 23, 2008 7:32 PM | Report abuse

She only raised 3.5 million. People need to stop repeating things said on cable news.

Posted by: Matt | April 23, 2008 7:31 PM | Report abuse

Hillary wins: California, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Ohio, Texas, Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania.

Obama wins: Wyoming, Utah, South Carolina, North Dakota, Idaho, Nebraska, Alabama, Maine, Yade, Yada, Yade, Yada.

Folks, put the snorter and the gin down. GET REAL.

Posted by: Hillary guarantees Presidency | April 23, 2008 7:30 PM | Report abuse

Indeed, close the deal, what a weak emasculation, sorry but the country really is no longer interested in a well worn, 90's Ford Taurus with over 300,00 miles on it...

Posted by: Robman2 | April 23, 2008 7:30 PM | Report abuse

Obama/Media fallacies

Fallacy #1) Early in the campaign, Obama said, "I can get your votes, Hillary, but you can't get mine." According to the Gallup poll, 18% of Obama supporters would vote for McCain in the fall; 28% of Hillary supporters would vote for McCain over Obama.

Fallacy #2) Obama is a "Uniter." Senator Obama has built of coalition of upper middle class and blacks. Senator Clinton has the support of the majority of the latinos, asians, jews, gay/lesbians, working class, older Americans and the women vote. Who is the real uniter?

Fallacy #3) Senator Obama is running a positive campaign. Senator Obama keeps lumping the Clinton administration with the Bush administration. The Clinton years were good to the majority of Americans. Senator Obama continually dismisses the legacy of the only two term Democratic President in the last 50 years.

The RED states turning BLUE in the fall? That is fallacy #4.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 23, 2008 7:29 PM | Report abuse

OBAMA'S FELONY HARD DRUG HISTORY MAKES HIM UNELECTABLE.

Nothing can change that.

Read Obama's books. Its all there in his own words.

When he gets asked in a debate with McCain --

"Mr Obama how many times did you purchase or use hard drugs such as Cocaine?"

What will his answer be?

How many people would vote for him after that?

His own words make him unacceptable to the majority of Americans.

To mainstream America, its unacceptable.

Even just rumors of it almost sunk Bush.

In Obama's case, he admits, in fact, braggs about it, in his books.

OBAMA'S FELONY HARD DRUG HISTORY MAKES HIM UNELECTABLE

Posted by: OBAMA'S FELONY HARD DRUG HISTORY MAKES HIM UNELECTABLE | April 23, 2008 7:29 PM | Report abuse

Go Hillary! I'm an independent and I love the true grit and determination this WOMAN has shown. She has been knocked down and gets right back up again stronger than before. If the super delegates don't nominate this fighter to run in the fall, they deserve the trouncing they will get in Nov. by the Republican party. America needs Hillary Clinton to restore our reputation in the world and fix the economy Bush destroyed. GO HILLARY in 2008!

Posted by: jeiken@comcast.net | April 23, 2008 7:28 PM | Report abuse

Hillary Clinton '08

MY CAPS LOCK IS BIGGER THAN your caps lock!

Solutions for the American Corporation

Posted by: UncleRemus | April 23, 2008 7:26 PM | Report abuse

Bill is not going to be a surrogate president. Hillary is a chronic liar so far as it seems.

The bloviate-speak about him not taking large states is bunk.

He will win, CA, WA, OR, CO, NY, NJ, VA, MA, CT, RI and some of the always red stuff making Ohio a myth along with Florida.

The haters will congeal back to the nominee faced with the Supreme Court picks, reality speaks.

Giving her more money is being an enabler.

Ask this of your Clintonian lizard brains, do you really think that the majority of the electorate really wants the big dog off the leash in the west wing, illustrating his half cocked logic onto the various fabrics?

Rob

Posted by: Robman2 | April 23, 2008 7:26 PM | Report abuse

I donated for Hillary $50.I am not rich. She made a History for us. We are Philadelphia women. Our husband are working class, see Egales game, eat Cheese Stake, beer and treat us as a "House wife." Hillary is our first woman for president. She is fighting for us. She is our "Rocky Balboa."

Posted by: Lopa from Philly | April 23, 2008 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Now that Hillary has money suddenly it's good to have a lot of money. I swear to God at the risk of offending my wife.... Hillary's logic is a lot like my wife's. That has to explain why so many women vote for her.
Hillary''s new slogan is " Why can''t he close the deal?" Someone should remind Hillary that they are running for the office of the President of the United States and that they are not some used car salesmen. Keep counting those imaginary delegates from Michigan and Florida. If there is one thing that America stands for, is that We are a nation of Laws, and Michigan and Florida broke the Democratic laws. The Democratic Party is not going to show the rest of the country that they will break their own rules."If we had the same system as the Republicans, I would already be the nominee...." yet another Clinton scenario for winning the primary. Do you think that you can make any other points as to whether the superdelegates should back Hillary ? Why did the media fail to chastise Ed Rendell " There are some people in this State that will not vote for a black man" but they vote for someone who channels Truman and said " we can totally obliterate Iran" By the way that wasn''t McCain who made that statement... it was Hillary. I did not say Clinton, because you may have understood it to be Bill Clinton. By the way AOL might want to get their facts straight.... Hillary won by 8.5 points and not 10

Posted by: Ron | April 23, 2008 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Obamanuts are furiously trying to spin Hillary's decisive PA win into something less. Their efforts are entertaining, but futile.

Posted by: John | April 23, 2008 7:22 PM | Report abuse

Technically Hillary lost Pennsylvania. Last month after the last primary, Hillary had a projected 20 point lead in Pennsylvania. Now she won only by 10 points. Even that only after she pulled the kitchen sink and threw it at Obama. The last 4 weeks had been filled with Clinton feces all over town in Pennsylvania. She will have more dirt and lies spewing out of both ends in the next 3 weeks. I am really tired of the 1960s political games the Clintons are playing. They are bad for America. While the rest of the world is booming with trade and technology, the Clintons with their old world politics will hold back America a couple of decades.

Posted by: Danny Pickerin | April 23, 2008 7:12 PM | Report abuse

Way to go Hillary. I'm all in with you. We're behind you all the way. We love out candidate.

Posted by: John | April 23, 2008 7:08 PM | Report abuse

First of all I don't think they are telling the truth about her hauling $10 mil. They could be saying that to show that Hillary has momentum and to put her in the spotlight regarding electability. Secondly she has so much debt, that money will just go to pay off her debt. But knowing how dishonest the Clinton's are it is a sure bet that none of her creditors are going to see that money. She is the type who walks out of restaurants without paying any tips after mooching a big meal.

Posted by: Pam | April 23, 2008 7:02 PM | Report abuse

I donate a little bit to Obama whenever I can, and I've been volunteering in whatever states I am able to. Here, at long last, is a candidate who is honest, sensible, and not divisive.

I am not interested in "politics as usual." I don't care for the chameleon-like Hillary who changes her facial expression and her words to match the audience and the need of the moment.

What we need is someone who can appreciate the needs of the country and someone who is smart enough to pull together a savvy and motivated group of advisers to address the serious issues facing our nation.

Obama will unite not only the team with which he surrounds himself, but also the citizens of our nation. I can't think of anything we need more right now.

Posted by: SuzQ | April 23, 2008 7:01 PM | Report abuse

Hiilary Clinton hauls in $10M? Great for Mark Penn; he will get his money (as far as I know). What about those other vendors who got the shaft by Hillary and now their campaign ignores dunning notices, phone calls and emails? What about the workers who did not get their healthcare coverage paid for by Hillary? Much ado, I am glad you made a BIG donation to Hillary, but you just threw money down the toilet.

Posted by: Black and Bitter like Coffee | April 23, 2008 6:55 PM | Report abuse

John's message from 3:54pm is right on target. He has never faced a tough opponent. His 2004 Senate race, both the primary and the general were essentially walks because his opponents dropped like flies.

Speaking for Massachusetts, which also went overwhelmingly for Clinton, we voted for untested "hope" and "change" and got casino proposals and expensive drapes. I'm sorry, but we were not prepared to make that mistake for President and neither should America.

Posted by: Political Bay Stater | April 23, 2008 6:55 PM | Report abuse

Yes, my child, even you can become President (as long as you can scrape up hundreds of millions of dollars). What theater!

Posted by: David | April 23, 2008 6:39 PM | Report abuse

10 million wont touch the 20 million dollars of debt she has to pay. Her supporters just don't understand how selfish the Clinton campaign really is. She can't win, they are being used to pay off her debt. She can't win honestly and fairly, only through negative dirty ads, negative mail campaign, racial slurs by her husband that he forgets that he said. I am thankful and grateful that Obama is in this race.

Posted by: bevie | April 23, 2008 6:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: vivek | April 23, 2008 6:33 PM | Report abuse

I wish you all could join me in the laughter reading some of these posts evoked.

Some people are just so blinded by their fervor for Obama they aren't even willing to believe that Clinton could legitimately raise $10MM overnight.

I guess these same people don't find it odd that in a race that is practically tied, Obama seems to have raised so much more money than Clinton. Doesn't anybody wonder where that come from?

Posted by: Lynn | April 23, 2008 6:30 PM | Report abuse

It is utterly BEYOND me why anyone would make the argument that Obama can't beat McCain in the General. Do you really think that Obama will lose CA, NY, NJ, Penn and MI in the General? Really? You have to go back to Dukakis for that kind of thumping...

I have no problems with Hillary supporters cheering the win, but let's be honest - this Nov is STILL the Dem's to lose. EITHER Obama or Clinton should be able to open a considerable lead on McCain when they're 1 on 1.

So - yay for Hillary - she won a state that she was supposed to win. But, let's not get carried away with this storyline.

She is still likely to lose the nomination, and as a party, we had better get our house in order.

Posted by: SDBlueBear | April 23, 2008 6:29 PM | Report abuse

Much Ado, I am sure Hugh is happy you donated him to Hillary. Perhaps he can explain to her that the only reason she is in this - from the beginning or to this day - is that she's riding her husband's presidency. I know, I know, she's a hard worker, a fighter. Know what? She didn't even pass the bar exam in D.C. Some hard worker.

Posted by: yofi | April 23, 2008 6:27 PM | Report abuse

As much as this seems like spin, we have to let them do it. Hope and more hope! This means that they are still in the red because this money will go to more things.
This is very sad.
And I am sure that Obama got a nice bounce too, I gave to Obama as soon as the numbers were annouced. I guess he does not have to announce anything they are probably laughing at her, he probably got more than that just last night too, I was one of them.
Best Wishes to the Clintons, keep it coming.

Posted by: dgw | April 23, 2008 6:27 PM | Report abuse

A NEW HOPE
We all have been living a nightmare. A vision D. Eisenhower warned of in his 1961 farewell address to the nation. In his address, Eisenhower warned of the corruption of our government, our society, and our culture by the MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX. It seems that, as a nation, we have not listened. Eisenhower's dire vision has become our reality. And from this fearful dream, this nation is waking. Our eyes are opening to the truth collectively for the first time. WE THE PEOPLE are finding that we have been subjugated, placated into ignorance and fear, lied to by the very people we have entrusted to preserve and protect our rights, liberties, and our constitution. Many will turn away in fear of truth and close their eyes once again. To open our eyes to this reality, is to also understand that we are all responsible for it as well. complacency and dependence upon the machine keeps THE PEOPLE in line because it is convenient and safe. We have sold our souls. We have as a nation let this happen to ourselves.
My heart breaks for the people of this nation. Our government wages war upon our freedoms, liberties, and our constitution. I watch our republic's destruction, not to the sound of guns or bombs, but to the sound of thunderous applause of those held captive by terrified patriotic blindness, guided by the propaganda of fear, as we give our rights and even the lives of our fellow man for the profit of the corrupt. A fear that is erasing our great history of freedom and repeating itself 70 years later with another dictatorship of war, under the guise of homeland security and the protection of the people.
BUT THERE IS STILL HOPE.
With love and openness, we can overcome ignorance and fear. It is our right as the people, and my duty as a United States MARINE written into our constitution by our founding fathers, entrusted to us, by the people, to ensure that our liberty, freedom, and the constitution never again become the subjugation of the corruption that we have wrought upon ourselves. We must take back our country, and give it to the people. So let us open our hearts, take responsibility, and make our HOPE become our reality. (WAKE UP!) Lets begin this REVOLUTION. His name
Dr. Ron Paul

Posted by: Tim Gallien SGT USMC | April 23, 2008 6:21 PM | Report abuse

WOW, ten million in less than 24 hours! From what laundry-mat did that come from?
An accountant long ago said that the difference between a non profit and regular, for profit corporation was how you took the money out. EH Bill ? That Canada uranium capital gain deal might just be a help now?
Keep tak'en care of your gal!

Posted by: Peter Roach | April 23, 2008 6:20 PM | Report abuse

I support Hillary strongly and can see her as president. I also donate to her campaign. I'm standing my ground, not to destroy the Democratic Party, (since most Clinton voters are older, how would they be the ones to do it?), not to lose the election in the Fall to the Republicans but because the best candidate is Hillary and she is my choice.

Posted by: Lynn E | April 23, 2008 6:18 PM | Report abuse

If Hillary had spent the money that Obama spent she could have won over 30%. People should take into consideration that money talks and makes a huge difference in campaign.

Obama should quit and not Hillary because she truly can beat McCain.

Posted by: Suzana | April 23, 2008 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Hey, no raining on the Clintons parade today. They did okay yesterday and they can be happy.

But seriously Clintonites can you tout your candidate with an eye on winning the big prize rather than taking a "scorch the earth" approach toward Obama? Do you really think Obama couldn't adopt a more visceral strategy that brings out all the old Clinton scandals and ruined any chance your gal has to win in the fall if he really wanted to? Do you really think the Republican "attack machine" will be kinder to your gal than Obama?

Um, Bill was such a mess that Bush was elected largely on Bush's promise to "Restore Honor and Integrity to the White House". There is a reason for that. You simply cannot say your gal will do a better job of neutralizing the attack campaign that will be waged by the Republicans in the fall.

...unless we are to believe that the fact that you are engaged in such a campaign now qualifies you to neutralize a similar campaign...

Posted by: scott032 | April 23, 2008 6:09 PM | Report abuse

As a woman, I am most appreciative for the advances you are making, representing our gender as a fighter, a resilient fighter who believes in herself and is going for it.

The glass ceiling may just crash finally and woman will be paid the same as men, not 70cents to their dollar anymore.

You make me proud, hang in there and go for it.

Blaze that trail baby and win.

HILLARY 08

Posted by: lucci 8 | April 23, 2008 6:08 PM | Report abuse

I maxed out my contributions last night. I'll be darn if I let the loser wing of my party (Kennedy-Dean-Kerry-Obama) take us down the road to a ruinous November again. Barack can't win in November. He's only won in the south with 90+% of African American vote and in small states where the Dem party is dominated by latte swilling, white wine swigging, Prius-driving elitists.

Posted by: Warren | April 23, 2008 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Candidate Clinton dismissed southern whites which got no attention.

Candidate Clinton lied sayiing she tried to join the military.

Clinton can't win the nomination. The numbers aren't there for her.

She lost Virginia by 29 percent, Wisconsin by 17 percent.

Candidate Clinton is not going to be the nominee.

I can't wait to August 28th when Clinton isn't the nominee and her supporters.

Candidate Clinton is a serial liar.

Posted by: David | April 23, 2008 6:03 PM | Report abuse

So how much of the money raised goes to her debt? Obama created a huge money pit for Hillary in Pa., just so she could win the grand total of 12 delegates and bragging rights to a 9.4% win. I'd say that she climbed about an inch out of the hole.

Posted by: Terry | April 23, 2008 6:00 PM | Report abuse

I think democrats will loose in November and they will squander the best political climate for democrats since Nixon times. They have only themselves to blame since they became so overly confident that they will allow the political neophyte with little substance to become their standard carrier.

Obama is nothing but a rock star with almost religious following amongst the few who will not determine the outcome of the general election. If he would recognize this fact and step aside, then we will have a chance, if not, then we will have McCain living at 1600 next year.

Posted by: Borislav | April 23, 2008 5:59 PM | Report abuse

to sandy: you don't know Obama. Well, he is the guy who has kept Hillary and Bill away from their inevitable coronation. Remember Iowa, Super Tuesday? Hillary was supposed to have have finished off Obama, this unknown guy. But, he won 11 caucuses and beat Hillary. This unknown guy is something else, I tell you.

Posted by: M. Stratas | April 23, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

HE HAS NEVER WON AGAINST A TOUGH OPPONENT!

11 in a row. Obama was never expected to win PA, and it's worth noting he narrowed a 30-point deficit to single digits in a very short period of time. Plus whether or not he can beat HRC in PA has absolutely nothing to do with how Obama would do against McCain. It's a completely different election.

Posted by: Steven Dolley | April 23, 2008 5:53 PM | Report abuse

Simply not true. Rush Limbaugh has a huge campaign for GOP voters to cross over and vote for HILLARY. they'd much rather run against her.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 23, 2008 5:50 PM | Report abuse

To happy white man: Hillary was 20% ahead going into PA, left with 9%. Is that a win? The problem with Hill and Bill is they finally have someone who is much much smarter and more brilliant than they are. And, more honest and not deceitful at all. The Clintons propagated the myth of their invincibility; who can blame them when Clinton was still loved despite his bimbos and his scandals? But, the times have changed. In the 21st century, we don't need any Bush or Clinton, we move ahead, clean up the government and shake off the old corrupt ways of Washington. Obama is being awaited by Europe, Asia and the Middle East.

Posted by: M. Stratas | April 23, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Doesn't it occur to any of the tv pundits that after every primary hillary talks about how much money she has raised. Either she is lying again ( most likely ) or she gives it all away to cronies like penn. Her new theme is that obama is outspending her by a wide margin, but only because she pissed away all her funds before feb., 5th.And she thinks she can run the economy. Last, she keeps saying obama hasen't been tested; well who has she ever run against who posed a challenge?

Posted by: robert | April 23, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Peanuts. Hillary is in debt by $10Million.

Posted by: M. Stratas | April 23, 2008 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Right. To all of you Obamians who made a donation. I just made another HUGH donation to Hillary.

Posted by: much ado | April 23, 2008 5:38 PM | Report abuse

The Republican Political Machine has people switching party lines to Vote for the Least electable candidate - which is Obama- and only to switch back come November.. This is evident by Obama's early wins. In large states where that number really doesn't affect the turnout we see Hillary Win... but in small states it is enough to sway vote to his side.

Wake up people... Obama is a good man... but Hillary is winning... hands down.

Posted by: mike | April 23, 2008 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Let us be honest here:
Here is why Obama Can Not Win in November:
1. His wins are in non-traditional "tried and true" blue sates (minus IL)
2. His wins are primarily in Caucus States
3. Republicans are voting for him in droves ... which will then vote for McCain in November.
4. He cannot win Ohio come November (he just can't) the dems. better come to grips with this now....
5. The rust belt - OHIO, PA, MICH, IN, in particular - will vote for HILLARY - against McCain.
6. Thus why wouldn't you want a candidate that you knew could win:
FL, OH, IN, MICH, PA, KY, CA, NV, NY, NJ, AK, WV in November????? It is a sure thing.

If you chance this now - why would you want to loose with Obama

Posted by: MIKE | April 23, 2008 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Money haul? If you ask the Hillary Campaign, they are on their way to 10MILLION DOLLARS in 24HOURS....sounds like a marketing scheme that we have come to expect from Hillary Clinton....how bout another "kitchen" ad showing pics of osama bin laden, wait the paper says McCain is trying to get one from airing in NC about obama's former pastor that he denounced....

Hillary/McCain....thats progress and teamwork

Posted by: oregon4obama | April 23, 2008 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Am delighted that Hillary won by a wide margin. Obama supporters may believe that he will win because of his slight lead in delegates, but if you take in consideration the Florida and Michigan vote, Hillary is way ahead of him.
This lady is truly the most accomplished political leader since Roosevelt. I believe she will be a model President like Tatcher was for Britain, Merkel of Germany, Goldmeier of Israel, Indira Gandhi of India and many other women who have been entrusted with the top job of leaging their countries.

Posted by: A happy white man | April 23, 2008 5:19 PM | Report abuse

I gave this morning. I live in Wilmington, NC. I will stop at the campaign office on my way home tonight and volunteer to make calls. Who the hell is Barack Obama anyway? I've never heard of the guy.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 23, 2008 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Hillary is known to 300 million americans when the campaign started whereas barack is known little to people outside Illinois. He simply has to keep spending more money to let people know about him, no matter what state it is.

Posted by: sandy | April 23, 2008 4:52 PM | Report abuse

yes SHE can! GO HILLARY!! WOO HOO~!

Posted by: Angel | April 23, 2008 4:47 PM | Report abuse

another thing....all that money didn't help Senator Obama. Did you hear that the people of Texas and Pennsylvania got over saturated with his ads? Congratulations Pennsylvania....you get your televisions back!!

Posted by: cbl | April 23, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Rev wright for vic president. Mr Obama mentor!!! You know the obama supporters will go for that there so -- how you say it stupiddddddddddddddd. This is still the US of America and no person like the likes of this Obama will ever be president.

Posted by: cal | April 23, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

i AM SURE THAT i HEARD ON npr THAT THE HAUL WAS 2.5 MILLION DOLLARS.

Posted by: MTOBIAS | April 23, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

upon reading this post I went to:

hillaryclinton.com and made a large contribution!!

Posted by: charlieb | April 23, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

where is he getting his money? american people I don't think so. This man is a terrist.

Posted by: cal | April 23, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

"Treasure Bath"!

Yipeee!

"TREASURE BATH"!!!!! ;~)

Posted by: RAT-The | April 23, 2008 4:20 PM | Report abuse

posted by: John | April 23, 2008 3:54 PM

excuse me..didn't Obama win 12 straight primaries and against a "tough" person who had to cry to win new hampshire, lie to win ohio & texas, cater to gossip to win Philly?

Posted by: ymaxoneil | April 23, 2008 4:20 PM | Report abuse

WoW Wow Wow Wow WOW WOWWOW WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!! HILLARY 08!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: A TYPCAL WHITE PERSON | April 23, 2008 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Upon reading this post, I went directly to www.barackobama.com and made another small donation.

YES WE CAN!

Obama '08!

Posted by: pasifikawv | April 23, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

I think what OBAMA supporters and the Media who had anointed him before last nights election are FINALLY coming to grips with, AND what Penn-State primary proved is...HE HAS NEVER WON AGAINST A TOUGH OPPONENT!

He is too inexperienced and too untested to WIN a GENERAL ELECTION. He has approached this election like he is on "American Idol", and his Pop-Star personality will not WIN the ELECTORAL COLLEGE Map!

I think OBAMA is a GOOD PERSON and has many GREAT IDEAS, but his time is not now. HILLARY in 2008 & 2012! OBAMA in 2016 & 2020!

Go Dems in 2008!

Posted by: John | April 23, 2008 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Now the big question is, can she win BOTH Indiana and North Carolina?

Indiana & North Carolina:
Hillary vs Barack - The Google Effect...

Posted by: Dave | April 23, 2008 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Sueb2:

Since Obama cannot "legitimately win" the nomination without the super delegates either, I am not sure what your point in that regard is.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 23, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Obama still has 42 million in the bank for NC and IN and (being as I am one of them) his supporters donated to him last night too. Clinton is still dragging the party down for her own delusional, selfish ends. She cannot legitimately win this nomination. Stealing it by overturning the electorate by the superdelegates will result in a McCain win. I decided this morning that I will vote for him rather than stay home in the fall--I hate almost everything he stands for; but, at least he's not a liar and if he ever says he was under sniper fire--at least we'll know it's true. I am tired of our government lying to us. No More Bushes! No More Clintons!

Posted by: Sueb2 | April 23, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse