Clinton: It's Not Over

Edward Kimmel stands outside Maysville High School during a campaign visit by Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.) in Maysville, Ky., May 19, 2008. (Reuters)

By Perry Bacon Jr.
PRESTONBURG, Ky. -- Looking to rally supporters, the Hillary Clinton campaign accused Barack Obama of declaring the Democratic race over.

"Senator Obama's plan to declare himself the Democratic nominee in Iowa is a slap in the face to the millions of voters in the remaining primary states and to Senator Clinton's 17 million supporters," Clinton's communications director Howard Wolfson wrote in a memo to reporters today, titled "Mission Accomplished: Not so Fast."

Asked about Obama's Iowa rally in a satellite television interview with a Eugene, Ore., station, Clinton herself said "you can declare yourself anything but if you if don't have the votes it doesn't matter."

After those interviews, she told a crowd at Maysville, Ky., "This is nowhere near over."

Obama aides have emphasized that his planned Iowa rally on Tuesday evening will not be a celebration of winning the nomination, but simply that he has won the majority of pledged delegates in the primary process. Oregon, where Obama is favored, will likely help his cross that threshold, even if Clinton wins Kentucky.

But as Clinton has increasingly cast herself as the underdog candidate of Americans who are suffering from a weak economy and ineffective president, her campaign has seized on comments by Obama, his backers and the press saying she has no chance of winning. Her three days in Kentucky have featured repeated criticisms of "people on TV" who say she should leave the race.

"There is no way this is going to end anytime soon, because we're going to keep fighting for the nomination," she told a crowd of several hundred here at a rally held in the middle of a street.

By Web Politics Editor  |  May 19, 2008; 4:14 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Obama Faults McCain on Lobbyist Influence
Next: Oregon's Post Office Primary

Comments

ey06eubl8h http://www.668117.com/288528.html > dqkvqvv296f [URL=http://www.1023233.com/1051245.html] vgaqq28586n3pp5k [/URL] eh36ugcb7z4j5y19

Posted by: 4uxqp09tv1 | May 30, 2008 10:22 PM | Report abuse

xj3khvswq1lge0l80 http://www.344803.com/288507.html > izz2ti35g776116c [URL=http://www.858231.com/123794.html] fmamslc8xin5 [/URL] bdt2hbow8iyk

Posted by: 5fxrm4pjo0 | May 30, 2008 9:16 PM | Report abuse

waowt9jc8m5 http://www.343764.com/701017.html > xcvzxpbt988i17 [URL=http://www.146482.com/940605.html] pu0z2421p6e [/URL] g6128veu3b

Posted by: luyng5j1cn | May 26, 2008 5:20 AM | Report abuse

7rd0lkq1 http://www.865485.com/780541.html > ks63zoxcyaytqazd [URL=http://www.260503.com/945821.html] cxfzp3trb0bbzgnq [/URL] okodgno1lp1zc6n5q

Posted by: wtkek3pkli | May 24, 2008 4:34 AM | Report abuse

aussie2020, she does NOT lead the popular vote. I watched a video (either on this site or cnn) that tells why. I remember, yet again, SHE DID NOT COUNT THE CAUCUS STATES! (can't remember the video link though, sorry)

Posted by: (mr. random) | May 22, 2008 6:35 PM | Report abuse

OBAMA CANNOT WIN: IT'S A NO BRAINER. SEE POLLS BELOW

May 22, 2008 -
McCain Leads Obama In Two Of Three Key Swing States, Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll Finds;

Clinton Has Big Leads In Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania --- FLORIDA: Clinton 48 -
McCain 41; McCain 45 - Obama 41;

OHIO: Clinton 48 - McCain 41; McCain 44 - Obama 40:

PENNSYLVANIA: Clinton 50 - McCain 37; Obama 46 - McCain 40

Posted by: The Wiser Choice | May 22, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

I agree with the first poster. The choice between Hillary and Obama is like Heaven and Earth. It's a no brainer!!!

Super delegates should exercise their duties and elect the strongest and the most experienced candidate.

Forget the pundits, forget DNC (Dean, Brazille) and forget Pelosi and Reid. They just don't have the objectivity to decide this RACE...

Super delegates America is counting on your good judgment...

Posted by: The Wiser Voter | May 22, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

You know it used to be that we didn't have definite candidates until the actual conventions. That was the whole reason for national conventions was to decide who the candidates would be. So if we have definite candidates before the conventions, why spend the money to have them. It is utterly stupid. That money could help a lot of our veterans or homeless. So lets shut up and let the process go like it was originally intended to. So if it is Obama, I am still leaning to McCain to pull it out.

Posted by: undecided | May 22, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: undecided | May 22, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Hillary now leads in the popular vote by approximately 200,000 votes with Puerto Rico, South Dakota and Montana to vote. So Obama may be the DNC Insiders and Super Delegates choice, but the American People's choice to date is Hillary (WHEN ALL OF THE VOTES are COUNTED, like they will HOPEFULLY be in November. So when will Obama, Howard Dean, John Edwards, the DNC Insiders and the Super Delegates come to THEIR SENSES and PICK THE American People's CHOICE, and by the way, the MORE EXPERIENCED AND BETTER CANDIDATE: Hillary R. Clinton.
The rest of world knows that Hillary R. Clinton is light years more qualified the Obama. We know Americans love their teen age athletes and is even willing to give them Million dollar guaranteed contracts, but to hand the nomination for the Democratic Party to such an unexperienced young chap like Obama, is a bit too much for the WHOLE WORLD TO SWALLOW.
Wake up America.
The election should be between to experienced and highly qualified candidates: Senator Hillary R. Clinton from New York, and Senator McCain from Arizona. Obama is still wet behind the ears. He should come back after Hillary or McCain has served 8 years. The 8 years experience will make him ready. But now? Now way. Way to experienced. But then like the NBA, you try to make heroes out of teen agers like L. James, who fell flat on his face again this year. He, and Obama, need to learn from Isiah (Zeke), Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley and Karl Malone? You learn by losing, and Obama needs to lose, like Zeke, Michaela, Charles and Karl all needed to do, to win a championship!! And the USA Presidency is not a position for such a young and inexperienced candidate like Obama. Obama should talk to Zeke and Michael and ask them what they learned by losing. There were not losers because they lost. They were winners because they realized that you need to learn how to lose before you can win. Obama still has not learned that. He is still blaming Hillary and McCain for his many errors and mistakes. Until he learns how to accepts his losses and mistakes, he is not ready to lead. So he should resign now and accept he has lost the popular vote to Hillary.

Hillary R. Clinton 2009-2013, 2013-2017. Obama in 2017!!

Posted by: Aussie2020 | May 22, 2008 7:36 AM | Report abuse

For "concede"; you are probably only one of a handful of HRC supporter who is a TRUE DEM and I thank you for being so enlightened! I supported her initially, but once she LIED about Bosnia, NAFTA, SCHIP, Irish peace, etc., I just knew I could NOT accept a LIAR. I have been supporting Obama ever since and like you say, it is well past time for her to get out and allow this party to heal! She is acting like a spoiled rotten child with HORRIBLE BEHAVIOR having a temper tantrum with a parent who turns around and 'rewards' that child! In REAL LIFE parents do NOT REWARD rotten children! So why now should ADULTS REWARD HRC after her ROTTEN BEHAVIOR? Someone MUST TELL HER (I don't give a d*mn if her name is Hill ROTTEN Clinton) that this BEHAVIOR IS STOPPING NOW - IT IS OVER - and she needs to start acting her AGE! She has used every PLOY imaginable and unimaginable to harm Obama (none of the other candidates acted in this selfish manner - they just left) ever since she realized she lost 12 straight primaries! TALK ABOUT HILLARY 'ROTTEN' CLINTON - she will be the talk of history books and THE TALK WILL BE AS "ROTTEN" AS SHE IS NOW!!!!

Posted by: MadasHell | May 22, 2008 7:00 AM | Report abuse

Clinton says it is not over! For her it won't be over until she is standing right next to Obama as he is sworn in and uttering, "but wait, I, I, I, said it is NOT OVER". Is anyone really listening to the cow? She will have to die before she quits! Just what we all need and want!!

Posted by: MadasHell | May 22, 2008 6:39 AM | Report abuse

You know, she actually CLAIMED to have the popular vote. she didn't count the caucus states.

Posted by: (mr. random) | May 22, 2008 12:36 AM | Report abuse

Ok this is getting pasdt ridiculous! Obama is winning becuase he is playing by the rules and now he is only 64delegates of becoming the nominee. Now somemore BS has come from Clinton stating that she would take it to the convention. SOMEONE STOP THE MADNESS THIS IS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL AND I FOR ONE WILL NOT VOTE IF SHE GETS THE NOMINATION BECAUSE THAT MEANS THE DEMS DIDN'T HAVE THE "BALLS" TO HER - NO! WE ARE NOT PULLING A STUNT FOR YOU ITS OVER!

Posted by: Kathy | May 22, 2008 12:09 AM | Report abuse

*sigh*...Clinton is pushing this presidential race much too far past where it should have ended. Clinton needs 2x the delegates to win against Obama. She is attacking Obama, even though we know he will win (come on, he needs half as many delegates as she does to win, and he has almost unlimited monetary support from internet supporters). He will win the primaries...BUT...she will leave him wounded to fight. All the things that Clinton used against Obama, McCain will use against him. We DESPERATELY need a Democrat in the White House. But if Clinton attacks him too much instead of supporting him, we will end up with McCain. Not a good thing. Clinton needs to give up, and start supporting Obama. Then MAYBE, just MAYBE, he can recover from the wounds she has given him. Thanks for listening to my speech, take it with logic and reason :)!

Posted by: (mr. random) | May 21, 2008 11:17 PM | Report abuse

I'm a big Hillary supporter. I believe she's the better candidate (though they only differ by about 4% on issues,it's an important 4%), but I believe it is time for her to step down and let Obama start working on bringing this party back together. If she continues, or rather AS she continues down this road her methods and message become more suspect. She begins to look bad by taking the lawyer-ly "win at any cost" approach, which suits her well in a fight against Republicans, but comes off as sneaky and underhanded against a fellow Dem. If she manages to win at this point I think it will shatter the heart of the Dem party. The results will look rigged and racially motivated and an entire generation of new voters will simply turn away from the party and most likely feel disenfranchised by the entire electoral process (which in this day and age simply needs to be overhauled to make sense). Obama has run a great campaign. He has positioned himself well as a facet of the American dream, a representative of hope, a fundamental change; beginning from the people at a grassroots level to the highest levels of gov't. Simply put he reaches out to the people and says "we can do more, we can do better" and they believe him. I don't think McCain has a chance (or ever did). I think any Hillary supporter that would vote for McCain over Obama really needs to really ask themselves if it's just because of his race (black people too). I doubt that we'll see the "Dream Ticket", but it would be nice since Hillary and Obama are so close on every issue. I'm still a Hillary supporter, I'd still like to see her in office. It may not be time to accept defeat, but to do what's in the best interest for the party and the nation.

Posted by: Concede | May 21, 2008 10:38 PM | Report abuse

I am European and work for the automotive industry.
Same years ago my company was sending me to Detroit on business trip. Now I am flying to Bangalore (India).
Last year Ford sold Jaguar and Land Rover to Tata (an Indian company).
Two weeks ago I learned that FoxConn (a Chinese chips manufacturing company) has far more employees than GE.

Now, this has not happened in the last 8 years of Bush's administration only.
Good old Bill sold you to corporation while you were sleeping!! Wake up!!

Posted by: Gio | May 21, 2008 8:39 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, did I misunderstand or someone claimed Hillary brought peace to North Ireland?
Actually Lord Trimble of Lisnagarvey, the Nobel Peace Prize winner, stated:
"She visited when things were happening, saw what was going on, she can certainly say it was part of her experience. I don't want to rain on the thing for her but being a cheerleader for something is slightly different from being a principal player."

Now, I do not know if you are trying to manipulate the thought and vote of people but I admit I have changed a lot my opinion about average American people since I am following the democratic primaries...
Vote what you want, you'll carry the consequences of your choices!!! At least there is something good in all this process.

Posted by: Gio | May 21, 2008 8:31 PM | Report abuse

librairie: Women were as responsible for stopping the Vietnam war as Hillary was for bringing peace to N. Ireland.

Leave it to you to try and take credit for ending the Vietnam war, what about all the men that marched?, what about the people that died?

You reflect your candidate very well, distortions and lies.

Posted by: jr | May 21, 2008 8:09 PM | Report abuse

steve: Well at least your sense of fairness matches your preferred candidate.

Posted by: jr | May 21, 2008 8:03 PM | Report abuse

ElShaddi: Gosh thanks for your advice, I can go live my life now if that's OK with you.

Sacrosanct snob.

Posted by: jr | May 21, 2008 8:00 PM | Report abuse

Nice picture of Hillary on the posters but this election was over in Feb. when she let Obama take an insurmountable lead in delegates.

It's a delegate race.

Posted by: jr | May 21, 2008 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Why Sen. Clinton keeps on asking people to DONATE money while she did a LOAN to her campaign? Isn't she multi-millionaire?
Am I allowed to LOAN her money as well? Do I get interest? Are the interest paid by the money donors like Dalton Hatfield?

Posted by: Gio | May 21, 2008 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Just low long will it really take America to realize that Obama is absolutly NOT ELECTABLE! He is an elitest with a superiority complex. I believe in his mind that he thinks he is the next JFK or MLK, but he is NOT. Anyone who blieves in Hillary Clinton will NOT vote for him in the general election -- which will put us in for another 4 years of Republican hell. It's not about who likes who ... but it's really about who can WIN for the Democratic party ... and HILLARY can do that! Experience is what we need in the White House ... not someone who can TALK a good battle with NO EXPERIENCE!

Posted by: With Hillary All the Way to the End | May 21, 2008 6:41 PM | Report abuse

It is amazing that we live in the year 2008 and I summize during this Democratic Primary between two Americans of different Gender and Race that some Human-Beings are still living with a spirit of "Hitlerism" .

Our creator made us male and female better yet human-beings. "Hitlerism teaches that one race is better than the other and because "Fear" prevail in the minds of some white and black human-being,you can't even fathom what is happening during this primary.

I looked at some of these blogs and they were so sad and empty. I could summize from the writings some of these human-beings are living defeated lives, Try being more kind to your wife or husband today, hugs your kids with love as you part their presence today,remember stuff happen. Quit cheating if you are. Get yourself and your family together, quit hating just to hate.....you are causing thing to come upon those you love.

Senator Clinton networth is over 100 million...I believe she is going to be just fine win or lose. Senator Obama net worth is around 2 million and growing,even he will be fine.

If you love Hilary fine....If you love Obama fine......You should love both. But as I have being stating , you write your Blog as a Human-being and not an "American"

There is no division in American. Ask our soldiers in Iraq. Ask the Families of 911. Ask the remnants of Pearl Harbor.It was Human-beings who knew across the ocean in a another country that a mad-man was ordering the gasing to death of other human-beings but did nothing until it was too late. Millions upon millions of human-beings were killed by other human-beings in pursuit of I am superior.

Hilary and Obama will be just fine.....You Just Remember to vote as an American.....Better yet go Look the word American up. Keep The Faith!

Posted by: ElShaddi | May 21, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

I really am afraid for my children and Grandchildren if Obama is the Democrat wanna be. If he would get elected it is because of all of the big money pushing behind him. How many people really know what his ties are. But the Dems may give it away because of Obama because I hear over and over again that many of those who support Clinton will vote for McCain or sit the vote out. I am so undecided as I do support Hillary, but I also have 3 boys in the Military on active duty and I worry about them under Obama. I don't think he can do the right thing.

You know I don't support the war, but I do support all of our Military Men and women. God Bless America For them all!!! How many people actually do volunteer to do that job any more. Hey my kids have college educations and they aren't from a poor family.

I am not sure that we would have 4 more years of Bush if McCain gets in. He may be the better man. I think the Hillary or McCain are the only ones that can get us out of the war with dignity, and safely.

Posted by: Undecided | May 21, 2008 8:34 AM | Report abuse

Hillary Clinton is the champion of the democratic processes....while Obama takes his corporate $$$$ to try to buy the White House.... HE IS NOT ELECTABLE. Period. The END.

FLA and Michigan votes must be counted, as cast...no splitting, etc! These are their votes, and the Dem party supposedly stands for inclusion....well we are watching!!!

The DNC 'rules'???? What about conflict of interest?

One of the proud rule-makers and defenders of the rules, one Donna Brazille...sits on CNN with her smirky declarations that the "rules are the rules"! This is OK with the DNC? How many salaries is this woman making..DNC, CNN,and Obama ?????? WOW!

The DNC is on the verge of an implosion, big time, if democracy is compromised in ANY way!

ELECTABILITY: Clinton or Mc Cain in November.

Posted by: steve | May 21, 2008 7:21 AM | Report abuse

n0icbg8kl89 http://www.1055678.com/313220.html > 4uq2dbk8srpn8u [URL=http://www.502814.com/449750.html] fj8sjne27ju66v7 [/URL] 507ssaqcywv4g

Posted by: p5mt4v73ug | May 21, 2008 6:28 AM | Report abuse

May your God Bess you John. From a Canadian, Dam, the world is watching. I copied your forum and hope you don't mind, or take it off.
We will always be one so yes I am happy with this forum.
I live in America, I am 50 years old and a veteran, and no matter how we look at the problem, the answer does not change. I live in a racist, bigoted and ignorant country. The worst part is that this is a land of cowards that prefer it that way. Few people in America can look someone in the eye and say: "you are different from me and I fear you, my fear will not let me give you a fair chance."
What experience does Sen. Clinton or Sen. McCain have that Sen. Obama does not? Knowledge of how to spin the truth? Copied this from an AMERICAN. And from a Canadian I would say Wake up. Your hated, your scared, your politicians have done the job well. Get with the program. You need Canada, water, oil, etc. So bring your children home for gods sake. We can do so very much with each other and have in the last many years before you vote. So let John talk-Knowing when to have plausable deniability? Selective memory of the facts that make up your own life?
Pres. Bush had eight years (20 if you count the years in his fathers shadow) to show what you need for the job of President is a reality check, and the good common sense to use it sometimes. Honesty would be a good trait too, but too much to hope for.
Unfortunately what the majority of americans will settle for is white male. We need to get past that before this countru can make any true progress

Posted by: justadad55+ | May 21, 2008 1:59 AM | Report abuse

Dont forget to back up and run the GOP over one more time in November.

ticked off DEMS

Posted by: bush RAGE | May 21, 2008 12:17 AM | Report abuse

OBAMA WEBB 08

Posted by: perfect ticked | May 21, 2008 12:10 AM | Report abuse

I'm still trying to understand how Clinton is representative of the working class considering she is a multi-millionaire.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 20, 2008 11:12 PM | Report abuse

I'm extremely insulted by the women and the women's organizations that claim they speak for all women in their support for Hillary Clinton. Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean that I should vote for Hillary. Just because Hillary is a woman doesn't mean that she is the only one who can champion issues that are particularly meaningful to women.

I vote based on the issues, I am a woman, and I support Obama.

Posted by: I'm a woman and I support Obama | May 20, 2008 11:06 PM | Report abuse

I am astounded by the number of Clinton supporters who say that they would vote for McCain, write in her name (yeah, sure!), or sit out the election rather than vote for Obama. These folks are not real Democrats. I similarly distrust the so-called Reagan Democrats, those gun-toting, church-going, white folks whom Clinton backers claim we need for a Democratic victory. If Clinton manages to steal the nomination, I will hold my nose and vote for her because McCain will be Bush warmed-over. I've never missed a presidential election and always vote for the Democrat--even though most of the time the candidate is not the one I supported. I fear that the independents, young voters, and African-American voters who enthusiastically support Obama will just stay home in November if Clinton is the candidate. If they vote they can tilt the balance and elect Obama even if the Reagan Dems show their true colors, forget where their interests lie, and vote for McCain. This white woman over 60 says OBAMA for President!

Posted by: An Old Lady for Obama | May 20, 2008 8:33 PM | Report abuse

Stephanie Tubbs you ought to be utterly ashamed of yourself for even verbally stating something about an Obama/Clinton ticket. Do you know what loud howls you will hear around the entire world. Hillary and Bill have so much baggage they can start a library on that alone. Vince Foster's suicide and personal attorney, Rose Law Firm, Looking into the camera by Billy Goat and saying "I didn't have sexual relations with that woman."

Stain on a dress? Spent taxpayers money going to trial? Pardoned Hillary's brothers for illegal activities? So, you get my point.

No way in hell do we want Hillary anywhere near the ticket of VP. We want someone to focus on the issues not themselves or their resume!

We want leadership in this country and from her campaign alone she has not shown it!

Posted by: CHALLENGE | May 20, 2008 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Yes, us "menopausal women" have fought LONG & HARD for our country for the past 40 years (Hillary Clinton included!). We were inspired d by John Kennedy, Bobby Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Gloria Steinam, etc, . We protested the war in Vietnam (and FINALLY stopped it, by the way!)....we marched over and over for WOMEN'S RIGHTS! (and CAME A LONG WAY BABY!.....you just have NO IDEA!), we marched for CIVIL RIGHTS.......for ALL Americans, but particularily blacks!!! We saw cities burning!!!......You young people don't have a clue. Yes, we get mad!!! when we read all of the media's remarks regarding Hillary. We worked long and hard and it is unbelievable that this day and age there is t his kind o f misogyny out there. And more UNBELIVEABLE someone running for the presidency of the country talking down to a professional woman by referring to her as "Sweetie".
Yes, us "menopausal woman" will be at the polls (we do KNOW HOW TO MARCH!!!!) AND we will not be voting for Obama!! We know what we know.......you just don't have the history.
If you think women are not important in the election, I think you will be in

Posted by: librairie | May 20, 2008 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Hillary Clinton is what you don't want your daughters to become! She is living in a "fantasy" world and won't listen to anybody, including her campaign supporters. I wonder what happened to Maggie Williams, her supposedly new campaign manager in February ? Not a picture, not a comment. Maggie, where are you - respond if you get this message. What are your duties these days? So, Hillary is running a one-woman show. But, she's making a "mockery" out of Bill's legend. No one told her to lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, and divide, divide, divide, divide, dismiss, dismiss, dismiss. She's going to go down in history as the poor pitiful me! You just watch!

Stay focus Obama Supporters. We're going to WIN this. YES, WE WILL, YES, WE CAN!

Posted by: CHANGE | May 20, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Yes, in an actual presidential election, Hillary wins, not Obama. It is a whole different ball-game.

Posted by: librairie | May 20, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Lost in all the talk of the inevitability of Barack Obama's nomination is the fact that Hillary Clinton has a very compelling case of her own. The contorted Democratic primary significantly differs from an actual presidential election. Caucuses, which is proportionately favor young, vocal enthusiasts who are willing to stay up late in the night; superdelegates; unelected party officials who are free to ignore the will of the people and proportional representation of delegates are all electoral processes that have no parallel in November.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 20, 2008 8:35 AM | Report abuse

FACT: CLINTON WINS THE STATES THAT MATTER IN GENERAL ELECTION.
DONATE: hillaryclinton.com
Obama lost West Virginia by more than 40 points, an enormous fall, voters who went against Obama -- white, rural, older, low-income and without college degrees -- don't just live in West Virginia. They live everywhere in the country, in places Obama needs to win in a general election. Lost in all the talk of the inevitability of Barack Obama's nomination is the fact that Hillary Clinton has a very compelling case of her own. The contorted Democratic primary significantly differs from an actual presidential election. Caucuses, which is proportionately favor young, vocal enthusiasts who are willing to stay up late in the night; superdelegates; unelected party officials who are free to ignore the

If the Democratic primary were a winner-take-all contest based on electoral votes like the general election, Clinton would lead Obama 290-214. The fact that Obama has won the majority of states, most of which are small, or has a slight lead in the popular vote does not mitigate the fact that Clinton is by a large margin the more competitive candidate in a national election

It is a fact that no Democrat has won the White House since 1916 without winning West Virginia, Obama lost West Virginia by more than 40 points, an enormous fall, voters who went against Obama -- white, rural, older, low-income and without college degrees -- don't just live in West Virginia. They live everywhere in the country, in places Obama needs to win in a general election. In anticipation of the West Virginia primary, college students for Obama were hurling insults at farmers and truck drivers. Now we hear pained remarks from the Obama camp that many white men won't vote for any black. Oh really? No one was complaining during the early races in Iowa, Maryland, Virginia and Wisconsin, when most of the white male participants backed Obama. That was before the Rev. Jeremiah Wright ugliness became public. Obama's inability to persuade working-class white voters to back him points to serious problem for him in the presidential election. A large percentage of voters who backed Mrs Clinton said they would not vote for Obama in the presidential race if he becomes the nominee. Disrespecting the nearly 17 million who have supported Clinton is politically unwise, but turning them into "the enemy" is insane

Surely proved if Obama would become Democratic nominee he will certainly lose the general election: Obama's camp philosophy of his cadre amount to one big put-down of America. President represents something very personal to Americans who proved they are not in the habit of electing candidates who hold their country in contempt. Not only have the comments of Obama's wife, Michelle who referred to America as "downright mean" and stated that she was not proud of her country until her husband started winning primaries and his minister, Jeremiah Wright (whose hateful, anti-white, anti-American diatribes are available for sale in Obama's church, or for free on YouTube) revealed the tired, leftist scorn for America that Obama represents and condones. Obamas own remarks have exposed this ugly, unelectable side. Obama attempted to explain his persistent deficit in Pennsylvania primary polls by describing small-town Americans as "bitter" people who "cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." This is hard stuff, and patronizing, besides. Add to this Obama's characterizations of the "typical white person" describing his grandmother, whom he tossed under the campaign bus to create a false equivalence with Wright's racism and one finds something far more damaging than a simple series of gaffes its a window into how the Obama sees his countrymen. Obama's associations in addition to Anti- American Wright, speak to this unappealing point of view. William Ayers, a domestic terrorist enjoys a friendly relationship with the Obamas. Voters are learning ( with no help from media like CNN & MSNBC, Ayers bombed the Pentagon on May 19, 1972, and fondly recalls, "The sky was blue. The birds were singing. And the bast**ds were finally going to get what was coming to them." Ayers and his accomplices also bombed the U.S. Capitol, the State Department, as well as banks, police stations and courthouses. Obama has defended Wright insisting that he merely represents the convention of "Black Liberation Theology," as though this were just some quaint offshoot of traditional Christianity. One need not pore over the tenets of Black Liberation Theology or its founder, James Hal Cone -- although a Google search of either would provide a world of clarity to the undecided voter to recognize that a would-be President who cannot utterly disassociate himself from such racist, anti-American rubbish lacks sufficient character and affinity for his country's ideals to be its leader. Americans understand that their president's instinct ought to be to defend the nation against unfair invective, not embrace those who purvey it or, in the case of Ayers, seek to blow it up altogether.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 20, 2008 8:34 AM | Report abuse

flqkf71kx http://www.1065421.com/233070.html > lz26vp7zbdyp1st3r [URL=http://www.299153.com/133927.html] 80y1uhjj6l0a3x2 [/URL] j1cq5czgc

Posted by: bbgsvhx9v0 | May 20, 2008 6:33 AM | Report abuse

its saddened me to read about so many of you out there who still held captive by hate,racisme and all these hatefull messages.I would love to think that his image and his likeness,and so use that great mind of yours in a positive way and change the world little by little.the campaign this year has less to do with experience but more with good jugement, truth,and a mindset of so call foreign policy that is destryoing this country while elianated the whole world by being so arrogant.we need real change.and i think obama represent real change, not manupulation,not anger,not hate but creating real dialogue while maintaining ourthat we held so dear in our hearts.we'll talk tomorrow. values and our beliefs

Posted by: rene | May 20, 2008 4:47 AM | Report abuse

Yes, it is!
After you read the article published by Nico Pitney and Sam Stein in the Hufftington Post on May 19, 2008, titled 'Superdelegates Turned down $ 1 Million Offer From Clinton Donor' it shall become evident that you have been manipulated by an aging con gang.
That you have been manipulated by a couple ( Mr. and Mrs. Clinton) that have some serious problems in their relationship with the truth.

They have become the Juan Domingo and Evita Peron of North America.

Posted by: PCM 01 | May 20, 2008 3:54 AM | Report abuse

Why are Hillary supporters so excitable?

Seriously...are you ALL in Menopause or what? Get some freaking hormone supplements.

There, now you have at least one actual thing to call sexist.

Except I'm a woman too.

Posted by: Thevail | May 20, 2008 2:52 AM | Report abuse

We got your back Hillary.

Posted by: Jessi | May 20, 2008 2:52 AM | Report abuse

IT'S ABOUT ELECTABILITY !!!

MY FELLOW "BITTER", STUPID, WORKING CLASS PEOPLE :-)

If you think like Barack Obama, that WORKING CLASS PEOPLE are just a bunch of "BITTER"!, STUPID, PEASANTS, Cash COWS!, and CANNON FODDER. :-(

You Might Be An Idiot! :-)

If you think Barack Obama with little or no experience would be better than Hillary Clinton with 35 years experience.

You Might Be An Idiot! :-)

If you think that Obama with no experience can fix an economy on the verge of collapse better than Hillary Clinton. Whose ;-) husband (Bill Clinton) led the greatest economic expansion, and prosperity in American history.

You Might Be An Idiot! :-)

If you think that Obama with no experience fighting for universal health care can get it for you better than Hillary Clinton. Who anticipated this current health care crisis back in 1993, and fought a pitched battle against overwhelming odds to get universal health care for all the American people.

You Might Be An Idiot! :-)

If you think that Obama with no experience can manage, and get us out of two wars better than Hillary Clinton. Whose ;-) husband (Bill Clinton) went to war only when he was convinced that he absolutely had to. Then completed the mission in record time against a nuclear power. AND DID NOT LOSE THE LIFE OF A SINGLE AMERICAN SOLDIER. NOT ONE!

You Might Be An Idiot! :-)

If you think that Obama with no experience saving the environment is better than Hillary Clinton. Whose ;-) husband (Bill Clinton) left office with the greatest amount of environmental cleanup, and protections in American history.

You Might Be An Idiot! :-)

If you think that Obama with little or no education experience is better than Hillary Clinton. Whose ;-) husband (Bill Clinton) made higher education affordable for every American. And created higher job demand and starting salary's than they had ever been before or since.

You Might Be An Idiot! :-)

If you think that Obama with no experience will be better than Hillary Clinton who spent 8 years at the right hand of President Bill Clinton. Who is already on record as one of the greatest Presidents in American history.

You Might Be An Idiot! :-)

If you think that you can change the way Washington works with pretty speeches from Obama, rather than with the experience, and political expertise of two master politicians ON YOUR SIDE like Hillary and Bill Clinton..

You Might Be An Idiot! :-)

If you think all those Republicans voting for Obama in the Democratic primaries, and caucuses are doing so because they think he is a stronger Democratic candidate than Hillary Clinton. :-)

Best regards

jacksmith... Working Class :-)

p.s. You Might Be An Idiot! :-)

If you don't know that the huge amounts of money funding the Obama campaign to try and defeat Hillary Clinton is coming in from the insurance, and medical industry, that has been ripping you off, and killing you and your children. And denying you, and your loved ones the life saving medical care you needed. All just so they can make more huge immoral profits for them-selves off of your suffering...

You see, back in 1993 Hillary Clinton had the audacity, and nerve to try and get quality, affordable universal health care for everyone to prevent the suffering and needless deaths of hundreds of thousands of you each year. :-)

Approx. 100,000 of you die each year from medical accidents from a rush to profit by the insurance, and medical industry. Another 120,000 of you die each year from treatable illness that people in other developed countries don't die from. And I could go on, and on...

OBAMA AIDE: "WORKING-CLASS VOTERS NOT KEY FOR DEMOCRATS" :o

p.s. Cynthia Ruccia - I'm with ya baby. All the way. "Clinton Supporters Count Too."

Posted by: Anonymous | May 20, 2008 1:02 AM | Report abuse

HILLARY CLINTON IS THE GREATEST CAMPAIGNER IN AMERICAN HISTORY !!!

HILLARY CLINTON CAN BEST WIN IN NOVEMBER:

IT'S ABOUT ELECTABILITY !!!

It's time for everyone to face the truth. Barack Obama has no real chance of winning the national election in November at this time. His crushing defeat in Pennsylvania, and loss in Indiana and West Virginia makes that fact crystal clear. His best, and only real chance of winning in November is on a ticket with Hillary Clinton as her VP.

Sen. Obama has zero chance of winning against the republican attack machine, and their unlimited money, and resources without Hillary Clinton. Zero chance.

It is absolutely essential that the democrats take back the Whitehouse in November. America, and the American people are in a very desperate condition now. And the whole World has been doing all that they can to help keep us propped up.

Hillary Clinton say's that the heat, and decisions in the Whitehouse are much tougher than the ones on the campaign trail. But I think Sen. Obama faces a test of whether he has what it takes to be a commander and chief by facing the difficult facts, and the truth before him. And by doing what is best for the American people by dropping out of the race, and offering his whole hearted assistance to Hillary Clinton to help her take back the Whitehouse for the American people, and the World.

Sen. Obama is a great speaker. And I am confident he can explain to the American people the need, and wisdom of such a personal sacrifice for them. It should be clear to everyone by now that Hillary Clinton is fighting her heart out for the American people. She has known for a long time that Sen. Obama can not win this November. You have to remember that the Clinton's have won the Whitehouse twice before. They know what it takes.

If Sen. Obama fails his test of commander and chief we can only hope that Hillary Clinton can continue her heroic fight for the American people. And that she prevails. She will need all the continual support and help we can give her. She may fight like a superhuman. But she is only human.

Don't be fooled by the pledged delegate, and math arguments. Neither candidate has the necessary pledged delegates. The entire delegates counts, and votes from Florida, and Michigan are not even being counted. Plus the democratic caucuses, and primarys have been heavily corrupted by fraud, and vote cheating. The only relevant question now is who can best WIN IN NOVEMBER and take back the Whitehouse for the American people. And the answer is HILLARY CLINTON. Everyone knows that now.

Sincerely

Jacksmith... Working Class :-)

Posted by: jacksmith | May 20, 2008 12:59 AM | Report abuse

Hillary is a joke. I understand the idea of not losing but there is a point when one has to acknowledge what reality is. Obama is in total control of this race and it is very difficult to see a light at the end of the tunnel for Hillary.

If anything, this campaign that Hillary has be engaged in, has provided the American public a better picture of what kind of person Hillary really is. If there were any doubts about her feelings on things and how she conducts her life we now know how deceitful she is. That bosnia story told us a great deal about what kind of character she has. And I will say it is not good. So, with that said, what are the citizens of the State of New York waiting? In the next elections for Senator of NY, we need to send the same message that was given as a nation. WE DON"T WANT YOU ANYMORE!!!!

Posted by: JD | May 20, 2008 12:25 AM | Report abuse

Obama is low-class.

Who is Obama? Does anyone even know about this guy, really?

Obama is low-class.

We know he loses his temper when he doesn't get his way.

Obama is low-class.

We know Obama flipped off Hillary, our only female Democratic nominee, twice - at his rallies while being taped.

Obama is low-class.

We know Obama won't wear "that pin" unless, now, for pandering reasons he is wearing it.

Obama is low-class.

We know Obama has repeatedly made fun of Hillary, i.e.: Annie Oakley, six-shooter, duck hunting, etc.

Obama is low-class.

We know Obama's wife is not proud to be an American.

Obama is low-class.

We know Obama's wife is not proud of America.

Obama is low-class.

We know Obama's wife hates being Black in America - well, I guess we will know the rest of this story when AFTER this election her university said they would release her thesis...

Obama is low-class.

Obama never answers questions. Hillary always answers questions.

Obama is low-class.

Obama has 164 working days of experience in the senate. Hillary has 30 plus years of dedication to America.

Obama is low-class.

Bush was a coke-head-loser and Obama said in his book he was also a coke-head-loser. AMERICANS ARE TIRED OF COKE-HEAD-LOSERS!!!! WE WILL NOT ACCEPT OBAMA - NO MATTER HOW MUCH THE MEDIA TRIES TO TELL US THAT WE WANT HIM!

Never Obama!

HILLARY CLINTON WILL BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!!!!!!

Posted by: Obama IS LOW-CLASS | May 20, 2008 12:24 AM | Report abuse

Obama is delusional if he thinks that his wife is off limits in terms of political attacks. She has been on the forefront of his campaign. She is the one that has brought incredible amounts of negative attention. Her comments of how she only recently is "proud" of her country is absurd. How can a potential first lady of this nation say that only recently is she proud of this country? So we are to accept her perception of this country at face value and not have the opportunity to challenge her on it? No way buddy! Once you expose yourself like she has, it is all fair game. Otherwise, get out of the race alltogether. You can't have it both ways.

Welcome to real politics Obama!!!!

Posted by: carlos | May 20, 2008 12:15 AM | Report abuse

The time-line on the last five short lewd posts suggests they came from the same person. Way to go, waco.

Posted by: Billw | May 19, 2008 11:56 PM | Report abuse

Actually, I prefer Bob Barr to Ralph Nader. Nader is a stick in the mud. Bob Barr sticks his head into the massive cleavage of strippers. That's MY kind of president.

Posted by: IDA | May 19, 2008 11:53 PM | Report abuse

The most disgusting thing about Obama is that his wife won't let me have some of that fine black snake. If Obama's wife is that selfish, I'll vote for McCain.

Posted by: lynn parker | May 19, 2008 11:50 PM | Report abuse

I mean, I'm really scared of Obama. You know what they say about those black men and their sex drive. God knows when he might break into my house and rape me.

Posted by: Grace | May 19, 2008 11:48 PM | Report abuse

Hillary is the Smart Choice because she will have sex with only the best and brightest young women when she's in the White House.

Posted by: Hillary is the Smart Choice | May 19, 2008 11:46 PM | Report abuse

I just can't bring myself to vote for that uppity darkie, Barry Obama. I'm in my comfort zone with John McCain. Better an old, demented white man than an young, uppity Negro.

Posted by: Switching from Dem. to Independent | May 19, 2008 11:44 PM | Report abuse

OBAMA THREATENS THE TENNESSEE GOP

"Whoever is in charge of the Tennessee GOP needs to think long and hard about the kind of campaign that they want to run,"

Obama is losing it already... He wants his wife to campaign for him with impunity, and threatens the GOP when they repeat her words. He's a hot-headed nut.

Posted by: Billw | May 19, 2008 11:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Hillary, Our Next President of the USA | May 19, 2008 11:21 PM | Report abuse

Hey Obama,

The GOP can't ATTACK YOUR WIFE????

Well, EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN CAN ATTACK YOUR WIFE!!!!!!

SINCE WHEN?????

SINCE THE DAY SHE TOLD US ALL THAT SHE IS NOT PROUD OF THIS COUNTRY!!!!!!

SHE - IS JUST ONE OF THE REASONS - WHY YOU WILL NEVER BECOME PRESIDENT!!!!!

Posted by: LAY OFF AMERICA | May 19, 2008 11:19 PM | Report abuse

OBAMA SAID:

"If they think that they're going to try to make Michelle an issue in this campaign, they should be careful because that I find unacceptable,"

His wife campaigns for him and attacks Clinton, and nobody can criticize her? And this man would be President??? What an
egotistical idiot.

Posted by: Billw | May 19, 2008 11:15 PM | Report abuse

5/19/2008
MEMO: Mission Accomplished? Not so fast.
To: Interested Parties
From: Howard Wolfson, Communications Director
Date: Monday, May 19, 2008
Re: Mission Accomplished? Not so fast.

Senator Obama's plan to declare himself the Democratic nominee tomorrow night in Iowa (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0508/10184.html) is a slap in the face to the millions of voters in the remaining primary states and to Senator Clinton's 17 million supporters.

There is no scenario under the rules of the Democratic National Committee by which Senator Obama will be able to claim the nomination tomorrow night. He will not have 2210 delegates, the number needed with Florida and Michigan included in the process, nor will he have 2025 delegates, the number needed to secure the nomination without Florida and Michigan.

Premature victory laps and false declarations of victory are unwarranted. Declaring mission accomplished does not make it so.

While Senator Obama inaccurately declares himself the nominee, Senator Clinton will continue to work hard, campaigning for every vote in the upcoming states and making the case that she will be the best nominee to take on John McCain and be our next President.

Posted by: Obama's Hubris | May 19, 2008 11:04 PM | Report abuse

ABC News: Hillary Leads In Total Popular Vote
5/14/2008 3:56:36 PM

Following her strong victory in West Virginia last night, Hillary regained her lead in the total popular vote, including Michigan and Florida. From ABC News:

Clinton: 16,691,283
Obama: 16,647,926

Posted by: Hillary LEADS in POPULAR VOTE | May 19, 2008 10:53 PM | Report abuse

Obama is scary. He frightens voters to death.

Posted by: Grace | May 19, 2008 10:49 PM | Report abuse

info@WriteHillaryIn.com

info@WriteHillaryIn.com

info@WriteHillaryIn.com

Posted by: ONLY Hillary | May 19, 2008 10:49 PM | Report abuse

We're Starting a Good, Old-Fashioned American Rebellion......Join us.

With a Clinton nomination seeming as questionable as an Obama victory this fall, what's a Democrat to do?

WriteHillaryIn.com is a website created by and for Americans who do not want to be forced to choose between Barack Obama and John McCain in a general election.
We've seen better, and we demand better.

We believe that Hillary Clinton is the most qualified and visionary candidate for our country at this crucial and uncommon juncture in its brief but unprecedented history...

We will not vote for Barack Obama for a host of reasons, the most important of many being his indefensibly unimpressive legislative record...It also seems clear to us, through his ongoing affiliations with radical groups and individuals, that this candidate holds disconcerting racial beliefs that we find unacceptable in any elected official in this country, black or white,red or brown.......

We will not vote for John McCain for very different reasons having nothing to do with his qualifications, which are strong and evident. We simply don't want a pro-war President who is indifferent about the ailing American economy. A vote for McCain is likely to be a vote for an extension of W's tragically detrimental policies.

Check the rules for a write-in vote in your state at:www.writehillaryin.com

Let the DNC know your intention of Writing Hillary In on the Ballot ....The link above connects you to the DNC's website...Please choose'Election 2008' in the 'issue box'and mention *writehillaryin.com on your comment form.

LET THE DNC KNOW JUST HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THE DISENFRANCHISEMENT OF HILLARY

Posted by: edr | May 19, 2008 10:45 PM | Report abuse

hey, don't forget that obama says we have

57 plus states

Posted by: 57 plus states | May 19, 2008 10:43 PM | Report abuse

We are not surprised that the media doesn't repeat these numbers -

Obama's numbers:

143 - the number of working days in the senate till he announced his exploratory committee AND we know were he has been since then!

106 - the number of times he voted to NOT MAKE A DECISION, not voting yes or not voting no. WOW, WHAT A DECISION MAKER!

6 - the number of times - SIX TIMES - HE SAID!!!! HE SAID, HE "ACCIDENTLY, HIT THE WRONG BUTTON"!!!!!!!

Obama's numbers:

143, 106, 6

Posted by: The FACTS | May 19, 2008 10:38 PM | Report abuse

We love you Hillary.

Hillary is qualified.

Hillary has received the most votes ever in American history!

Hillary loves this coutry.

Hillary YOU WILL BE OUR PRESIDENT!!!

Posted by: Hillary is the SMART CHOICE | May 19, 2008 10:36 PM | Report abuse

couldn't agree more. pc has replaced truth with the blessing of many including the media, obama and his wife and his supporters, misogynists, and good old run of the mill politician types (like bill richardson and john edwards). what a group. am tired of the whining. get out of the kitchen mr and mrs o. what will you do when it really gets tough? wish you would pick up your marbles and go home now.

Posted by: cw | May 19, 2008 10:26 PM | Report abuse

Tons of Hillary supporters here talking about Misogyny and how hateful Obama's supporters are. Well, perhaps they aren't reading this post- there are enough hateful things about Obama on this post alone to make a person want to call Hillary names (Billw straight called him a prick. I'm sure he got to know Mr. Obama before making such an irresponsible statement). The real point is, neither Obama nor Clinton write these things, OK them, or endorse them. The hate is pointless, misguided and ultimately self-destructive. I have my reasons for not wanting Clinton as our next Pres, and her supporters have their reasons for not wanting Obama. The point is, anyone who votes against the other by voting for McCain will truly feel remorse when he wins. Some will continue to blame Obama or Clinton when this happens, and right about now that would sure be typical of Americans- neither side willing accept the fact that they are the masters of their own destiny and RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN FUTURE. So get it together, everyone! GROW UP! ACT LIKE G*DDAMN ADULTS! SAVE THE F'N TANTRUMS FOR SOME OTHER DAY. CAUSE WHEN THE SH*T HITS THE FAN IN NOVEMBER, AIN'T NONE OF US GONNA BE HAPPY- UNLESS YOU'RE A RICH, WHITE, CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN MALE.
YOU STUPID CRYBABIES!

Posted by: self sycophant | May 19, 2008 9:30 PM | Report abuse

Democrats for McCain (At least he was chosen by the American People and NOT DNC or RNC INSIDER and Super Delegates) in 2009 and Hillary in 2013. And after Obama's humiliating defeat, HE, John Edwards, Kennedy, the DNC Insiders and the Super Delegates should ALL RESIGN for the good of the Democratic Party). The DNC Insiders, Iowa Caucuses, Obama, Howard Dean, ... all MUST GO. IF it takes a Humiliating Defeat at the Hands of McCain, so BET IT. But we must Purge the Democratic Party of those who have STOLEN the votes and voices of Millions of Democrats and totally ignored West Virginia, Kentucky, ...
and MORE IMPORTANTLY, Totally Disrespected Middle and Lower Class Hard working Americans, the American way of life, their morals, religions, values, ... So Democrats for Hillary in 2013 and McCain (A True American, who DEFENDED US ALL, Democrats and Republicans, and served his country well in Vietnam and ever since he has returned).

Democrats for McCain in 2009 and Hillary in the 2013 (The American People's Choices). We WILL NOT EVER let the DNC Insiders and Super Delegates HIGH JACK Democracy and the Democratic Party like they ARE TRYING TO DO. We will not be HOODWINKED by Obama, Howard Dean, John Edwards, the DNC Insiders and Super Delegates. They may BE ABLE TO SILENCE and NOT COUNT VOTES in the DNC Insider run caucuses in Iowa, Texas, ... where they have been able to steal the nomination for Obama, BuT COME NOVEMBER ALL OF OUR VOTES WILL COUNT.

So Show OBAMA, Howard Dean, John Edwards, the DNC Insiders and the Super Delegates with DEMOCRATS OVERWHELMINGLY VOTING FOR McCain. Then, AND ONLY THEN, will they LEARN to Count Votes and LISTEN TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. A Humiliating Defeat (crash and burn) is what the Democratic Party NEEDS.

From the Ashes Many Great Civilization and Nations were built, including Modern Day Germany and Japan. So the Democratic Party, I am sorry to say, needs a Dresden, Tokyo, Nagasaki and Hiroshima.
And the best way for the AMERICAN PEOPLE to do that, Democrats, is for them to OVERWHELMING VOTE for McCain. Then Hillary will have the MANDATE that she need to REBUILD THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY from the ASHES made of it by Obama, Howard Dean, John Edwards, the DNC Insiders and the Super Delegates. The AMERICAN PEOPLE WILL SPEAK WITH THEIR VOTES COME NOVEMBER. I for one know who I will vote for if the DNC follows up on its Disgusting Goal of High Jacking the Votes and Voices and will of the People of Michigan, Florida, Texas, California, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, New Hampshire, West Virginia, Kentucky, ...

And in the States where Obama and DNC insider Caucuses gave the DNC nomination to Obama, what about the voices and votes of the rest of the people!! The DNC Nomination process in an abomination to American Democratic Principles, And when Hillary rebuilds the Democratic Party from its Ashes in November, one of her first jobs it so CLEAN UP THE CORRUPT and ANTI-American and Anti-Democratic Nomination Process of Obama, Howard Dean, John Edwards, the DNC Insiders and the Super Delegates,

Democrats for McCain in 2009, and Hillary in 2013!!

Posted by: Aussie2020 | May 19, 2008 9:00 PM | Report abuse

Whoever heard of a person running for Pres. declare himself a winner. The American people haven't even voted. What a G-ddammed nerve . That statement is outrageous and so is the dressing down Obama voiced about his wife being abused verbaly and he would not stand for it. Perhaps Obama should tell wifey dear to keep her mouth shut about how horrid th is country is. As a black woman, she has had it nice and cushy in this country.Whats her beef! The two of them, Obama and his other half are, disgusting. Where is he hiding his teacher and beloved friend. (Mr. Wright)
Where is Tonie and Farrahkan ? What happened to Rezko' trial and conviction.
How come Oprah isn't telling the world how wonderful Obama is anymore?

And if anyone cares to know why Ted Kennedy had a seizure, it is because he is a turncoat and it is killing him I am sorry to say

Posted by: lynn parker | May 19, 2008 7:36 PM | Report abuse

Calm down Hillary. Calm down Wolfson. Let's keep it cool. If you wish to believe you are entitled to the nomination while trailing by nearly 200 delegates, that is your business. Michigan and Florida will be seated and Obama will still win with a comfortable 150 vote margin, at the least. So relax, and please help the nominee. He would have helped you, but instead he won, fair and square. We need to work together to toss out the Republicans in November.

Posted by: Chuck | May 19, 2008 7:11 PM | Report abuse

Hillary will still be running this time next year. Will somebody please get the hook and get her off of the stage.

What a loser.

She will never recover from this debacle.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 19, 2008 7:06 PM | Report abuse

We have someone in the White House now who has "tenacity" in the faces of both reality and wisdom, who marches to his own drummer and believes, regardless of evidence to the contrary, that events over time will prove him correct. No one in his or her right mind would want more of that. Bush Clinton Bush Clinton - No way!

Posted by: Harbinger | May 19, 2008 6:50 PM | Report abuse

"The Obama camp is only to happy to proclaim "Appalachians are just a bunch of racists".=========

THE "Obama Camp?" Are you making a distinction between Obama supporters here in the blogosphere, the pundits and the offical Obama Campaign, I hope so since I haven't heard Obama himself or an of his offical mouthpieces cry "racism." You do know that Obama has no control over what his supporters post online, or what the OP-Ed people opine don't you?================
"The only thing that might save Obama in Michigan...."
=================
Michigan eh? Need I remind you that Mrs Clinton agreed to exclude the State as did the other candidates for breaking party rules...fortunately for Mrs Clinton, unlike the other nominees who pulled their names off the ballot, a supporter kept hers on, even so, a whopping 40% of the voters in MI checked "uncommitted" rather than vote for Clinton. But go ahead, don't let reality get in the way of your fantasy.
===================
"The Obama camp is only to happy to write off Indiana, Ohio and Michigan as "just a bunch of depressed people clinging to religion"
=================
Clearly you have never bothered to read or listen to the whole quote where Obama made the point that people in blue collar rural areas have been so disenfranchised by a non-responsive Government that they have stopped being active in elections, and no longer trust Government to respond to their needs, and instead have turned to traditional values:

""Our challenge is to get people persuaded that we can make progress when there's not evidence of that in their daily lives. You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion..."

Posted by: Hold_That_Tiger | May 19, 2008 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Oh ... but Hildebeast ... it IS over.

Posted by: Chuckamok | May 19, 2008 6:38 PM | Report abuse

Dean from TX (@ 4:28 P.M.), I think it is Obama who is tone deaf. He has not heard America singing their rejection of his "No, I did not have that conversation about G-d da--ed white America with that man! And I never heard him say anything like that, either."

Let's see who will be left singing in November.

Posted by: Judy Kilgore | May 19, 2008 6:33 PM | Report abuse

Why do I read these comments? Every time I read them I regret it.

Posted by: Dan | May 19, 2008 6:26 PM | Report abuse

To im4america:

Well put and true. Surely this will be considered by the delegates.

Posted by: Billw | May 19, 2008 6:21 PM | Report abuse

HRC waves to crowds that aren't there. I suppose that explains the Bosnian Sniper Fire.

If she were serious about winning, she'd be campaigning on OR, where Obama has a 10 point lead, not in KY where HRC has a 30 point lead. A waste of resources, no wonder she's 20 million in debt.

Posted by: CC | May 19, 2008 6:20 PM | Report abuse

Since falling to convince most states to favor her, Hillary Clinton is now offically running on the "You're not the Boss of Me" strategy telling her supporters that it is the press and pundits "fault" that her campaign has faltered, and is, by extrapolation, encouraging the AnyOneButObama vote in the remaining Primaries (since the math just won't work to give her an honest win) that just may come back to bite the Party in the Fall.

I do hope that once Hillary's supporters finish their long, excruciating, Primal Scream of how the "sexist" punditry "stole" the election from Senator Clinton, that clearer heads will prevail and that the real Democrats, sans the GOP Trolls who have insincerely joined in the chorus of "Hillary Clinton...she will NOT be IGNORED", will put all that energy that they have been expending on their outrage for Mrs Clinton's loss, and rechannel it to defeat McBush.

Posted by: Hold_That_Tiger | May 19, 2008 6:16 PM | Report abuse

The Obama camp is only to happy to proclaim "Appalachians are just a bunch of racists". Problem is that come November, this will pretty much guarantee that Appalachia is not going to vote for Obama if he is the Democratic candidate.

The Obama camp is only to happy to write off Indiana, Ohio and Michigan as "just a bunch of depressed people clinging to religion". Problem is that come November, this will pretty much guarantee that the family values heartland is not going to vote for Obama if he is the Democratic candidate.

Obama's supporters are claiming that Florida and Michigan do not count in the popular vote and they hired lawyers to prevent these states from holding redo primaries. The only thing that might save Obama in Michigan is that McCain pulled a tactless move in the primary by saying "those industrial jobs are gone and as president I would not waste my time trying to get them back." Even with McCain's bungling, Michigan is a toss up and Florida with is not looking favorably at Obama and his Overtures to Castor supporter Hugo Chavez.

The Obama camp has been only too happy to let a whole lot of misogynist Clinton bashing by his supporters go unchallenged. Read these blogs. The number of personally insulting and sexist comments by Obama supporters is really amazing. Listen to the press coverage. Sexism is alive and well, Obama does nothing to reign the offenders in his own camp, and then he calls a reporter "sweetie". Does he seriously think women are going to forgive and forget?

A Democratic candidate can not write off Appalachia, Michigan, Florida and the industrial heartland and expect to win. And no candidate can right off women, the largest and most actively voting under privileged group in America. Do the math. If the Democrats want to win in November, they need to recognize that Hillary Clinton leads in the popular vote, leads in the states that she can carry in November, and will win in the general election.

Posted by: im4america | May 19, 2008 6:15 PM | Report abuse

If, if, if, if, if.

The reality is that Barack will end up with the majority of the delegates, NO MATTER WHAT. The reality is that only the delegate count is what matters.

Even "IF" Hillary had the lead in the popular vote, which she doesn't except by her campaign manager's cockamamie math, IT STILL WOULDN'T MATTER. The only thing that matters is the delegate count.

We knew that a long time ago. That's why we strategized the way we did. The plan worked -- it really is that simple.

Posted by: laboo | May 19, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse

I respect Hillary's tenacity and ability to put aside pressure and continue on a much-criticized course. Why not? As she said, the nomination has not been gained by anyone yet.

Posted by: Drew | May 19, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse

I had a girlfriend like Hillary. I called her my stalker. Nightmare. She just kept coming around WAY after I told her to get lost.

Posted by: chuck | May 19, 2008 6:05 PM | Report abuse

To JakeD

Polls only predict.. Votes are what counts, and what has counted.

Posted by: Billw | May 19, 2008 6:04 PM | Report abuse

JakeD

Polls only predict.. Votes are what counts, and what has counted.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 19, 2008 6:03 PM | Report abuse

The fact of the matter is that the DNC is meeting at the end of the month to determine what should be done about Michigan and Florida's Delegates. There really isn't any chance that their delegates won't be seated and counted. Not seating them would be like throwing away the general election no matter who the nominee is. At the end of the month we will see the amount of delegates needed to win pushed from 2026 to 2026 plus what they agree on for Michigan and Florida. This means that at the end of the month neither candidate will be able to seize the number needed to claim victory and this will likely go to the convention unless Hillary and Barack can come to some sort of agreement.

I'm not going to speculate about whether they can or should come to an agreement. I think it's important for people to remember that this isn't over for a reason and that reason isn't because Hillary is selfish or senile or anything else you can come up with. She is in this because there is no clear winner. She is in this because half of the democratic party have voted for her. She is in this because there are still states yet to vote and she is in this because she believes she is the best candidate for the general election.

I have yet to decide who I am going to vote for. I might vote for Hillary because she is qualified and has the support of many former military leaders. I may vote for Obama because he is new and aggressive and that could be a good thing. I may vote for McCain because his experience is qualified by years of public service and he has the backing of many former military leaders. Right now I don't know who I am going to vote for. I do know that it's not over and it's not likely to be over until the convention.

In the end I will probably vote for whomever I feel will fight the hardest for me. Right now I think that person is Hillary Clinton.

Posted by: Demopublican | May 19, 2008 6:01 PM | Report abuse

Driving Miss Daisy in 2008

The Players

Miss Daisy.........................Hillary Clinton
Hoke................................B.Obama
Mr. DNC..........................."Howie" Dean

Miss Daisy: Hoke, time to go the convention! Let's go!

Hoke: Yes, Miss Daisy, the car is full of gas and ready to go.

Hoke starting to driving due west toward Denver

Miss Daisy: Hoke, Where are you going for heaven's sake? We need to go to the convention.

Hoke: I am, Miss Daisy, straight west to Denver.

Miss Daisy: Hoke, I want to take the scenic route through Florida and Michigan. Now, go on and turn this car to the south.

Hoke: I'm afraid I can't do that Miss Daisy. Remember Mr. DNC told us all the roads were closed in Florida and Michigan and to stay away from there!

Miss Daisy: I don't care what Mr. DNC says, now turn this car around!

Hoke: No, Miss Daisy. I have done decided. I am driving this car! Now you just stay in the back and I will get you right on to Denver.

Miss Daisy: Hmmm, Hoke!

Hoke: No Hmmm, Miss Daisy! Now hush up back there!

(Finis)

Posted by: Anonymous | May 19, 2008 6:01 PM | Report abuse

If no one has the required number of votes to clinch the nomination during first vote of the delegates then how many delegates are free to vote for someone other then who they are pledged to for the second vote?

Posted by: Tom Hanson | May 19, 2008 5:59 PM | Report abuse

Wright described Farrakhan as "one of the most important voices in the 20th and 21st century."

Obama said he would not disown Wright, so where does this leave you Obama supporters?

Posted by: Billw | May 19, 2008 5:59 PM | Report abuse

Is this woman real? You r not helping ur campain, u r just seperating the American people, some day the voters will blame u for all the mess u made for this country. Please give it up, u'll never reach the Whit House, not even in ur dreams

Posted by: Ida | May 19, 2008 5:58 PM | Report abuse

...Its not over til I get my $22mil!!

Posted by: Hillary | May 19, 2008 5:56 PM | Report abuse

test

Posted by: Anonymous | May 19, 2008 5:55 PM | Report abuse

Only a very smart and strong leader can get us out of the mess we are in. We went the good old boy way last time and it got us deeper into the mud. Hillary is the the only one with the right stuff....to get the job done. Women have been running this country since the beginning so get over it. I'm not gonna tell the guys at work you voted for a women. I'll tell them you did the smart thing. You voted to save your country...

Posted by: Tim Fitz Boston Ma. | May 19, 2008 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Billw:

To be fair, Obama is polling ahead of Clinton in states she won like California -- even after the Rev. Wright controversy -- the true impact of those later revelations won't be felt until November.

Posted by: JakeD | May 19, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Someone said:
"This primary was never an equitable fight."

Exactly. Had the Wright issue been known before the first 11 primarys, Obama would be history now. That and racism (the media afriad of being accused of pulling the race card) put him where he is.

Posted by: Billw | May 19, 2008 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Hilary wins by popular vote; it's the superdelegates and clinton haters who are cramming the unknown obama down everyone's throat. Why doesn't make sense because it will force democrats to vote republican ticket.

Posted by: jenn | May 19, 2008 5:42 PM | Report abuse

OBAMA IN GENERAL

Obama has clearly shown contempt and dismissiveness for common people, (his San Francisco remarks), for women (The sweetie bit), and whites (Remarks in his books).

He is patronizing, egotistical, and in general a disgusting prick. But he still gets some support, since people of like kind (similar behavior) don't find much fault with each other. Birds of a feather flock together. Always.

Posted by: Billw | May 19, 2008 5:40 PM | Report abuse

OBAMA AND HIS KENTUCKY CROSS...............Obama is making a direct appeal to Kentucky evangelicals with fliers that mention his conversion to Christianity and highlights the words "FAITH- HOPE - CHANGE" and a big ole cross. Remember Mike Huckabee's supposed subliminal cross in his Christmas campaign ad? Well, Obama campaign ditches the subliminal and goes for the in your face cross................................
*The verse is "faith, hope and love.*
After being told so, numerous times, I guess Obama thinks he is *The Chosen One* and that he can re-write the Bible. How sanctimonious to steal from the Bible and twist the message for a political stunt?...... *Satan uses the Lords name when it suits his purpose.* (CBN+Kentuckian)

Posted by: ellen | May 19, 2008 5:37 PM | Report abuse

You think that's a "slap in the face" just wait until HRC demands that the super delegates overturn the will of all those voters "who haven't voted yet".

She really is embarrassing IMHO...

And talk about condescending, how about this Terry McAuliffe quote from Jan 9th, cited in Frank Rich's column yesterday for the other paper...)-

"This will be a 27 state primary ... and it will all be over by Feb 25th"

Follow this link, see "Exhibit B"

That'll show all those voters "who haven't voted yet"!

Boy, actually there's A LOT of hypocrisy in there... Good reading!

Hmmm... Constantly moving the goal-posts, changing the definition of "victory", saying ANYTHING to get elected... Sound familiar?

Talk about your four-more-years of Bush/Cheney...

Posted by: Abbatrey | May 19, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

I just want to know where she is going to get this "miracle" to give her the nomination. Why is it that she gets to choose the "threshold" for the nomination? If I am not mistaken, there has to be a winner and a loser. When the process is over, as in the past, has anyone said that "their" people were disenfranchised, and their votes didn't count? Is this some new paradigm that she has invented? If she drags this to the convention, this election is over before it is started. I hope someone with a lot of money runs against that woman, and finishes her off. this has always been a problem with the Democrats....not coming together, and spoiling it for the nominee. Just look at that turncoat Lieberman....I hope that after this is all over he gets stripped of anything that can be....I'm not an Obama supporter, but will vote for him in the fall, because more importantly, getting rid of The Republicans is more important.

Posted by: Stickaforknher | May 19, 2008 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Obama is a slime and a liar.

Make no mistake. The media hijacked this primary and decided IT was going to decide our next President.

Every time things don't go Obama's way he whines about racism.

Is that what he'll do when a world leader snubs him, or he fails to resolve the war in the Middle East? Accuse everyone of racism and make a speech about "typical white racists"?

Women are angry about this primary, angry about being underrepresented in government, in business, in movies, and more.

Look at the low life morons on this site, calling Clinton a "fat lady" in pantsuits, a lesbian, and worse.

This blog wouldn't let similar slurs against Obama be posted. African-Americans are coddled like children. This primary was never an equitable fight.

Posted by: Women make your voice heard | May 19, 2008 5:31 PM | Report abuse

The following excerpts are from Deroy Murdock' column of March 18, 2008. Mr. Murdock is a columnist with the Scripps Howard News Service and a media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford University.

America's chief domestic priority this year is to prevent Hillary Rodham Clinton's election as president. Beyond her dreadful ideas, she shares her husband's allergy to the rule of law and the basic standards of fairness and honesty most people expect of them selves. Instead, the Clintons do whatever it takes to accomplish whatever they want. If normal conduct or even federal statutes interfere, they smash right through them.

Hillary turned a $1,000 cattle-futures investment into a $99,540 bovine bonanza in conjunction with Tyson Foods' counsel, James Blair and her REFCO agent, Red Bone. After she collected her 9,954% return on investment, Arkansas Gov. Bill Clinton's administration secured Tyson at least $9 million in state loans and special permission to dump chicken waste into local rivers.

As first lady, Hillary concocted her notorious healthcare nationalization scheme with a public/private task force behind closed doors, violating 1972 federal open-meeting laws.

After White House Deputy Counsel Vincent Foster died from a gunshot wound to the head in Fort Marcy Park near Washington in July 1993, his office should have remained sealed for forensic purposes. Yet two day later, "After speaking with the first lady, I arranged for the (Clintons' personal financial records in Fosters office) to be temporary kept in a locked closet in the White House residence," Maggie Williams-Hillary's then-chief of staff and current campaign manager-told the Senate Whitewater Committee on January 26, 1995.

Long-subpoenaed billing records from Hillarys days at Little Rock's Rose Law Firm magically materialized at the White House in January 1996-just four days after the statue of limitations expired, thus sparing her from potential civil liability for advising Madison Guaranty, a failed bank whose collapse cost tax payers $60 million.

As they departed the White House, the Clintons left with furniture, lamps, prints and other items totaling $28,000. After an enormous public outcry, the Former first grifters returned this truckload of public property swiped from the Executive Mansion.

How did she "loan" her campaign $5 million in January? Voters need such answers now, not after Election Day, especially since Bill Clinton's speech and business income enhances their combined wealth. How better to befriend a potential American then to funnel cash to her husband?

Hillary's insistence on seating the Florida and Michigan delegations-never mind her pledge to boycott these states if they subverted the process-confirms how she and her husband will leave no corner uncut to advance their naked ambition.

Posted by: BOO-HOO | May 19, 2008 5:30 PM | Report abuse

Hears what my crystal balls shows: rating for tv/media hits the highest in five years; McCain wins presidency; democrats get control of House and Senate and have more than enough to cover any vetoes of McCain; and democrats don't learn, again, from their mistakes, don't change up the DNC nominee process, and we repeat this entire mess in 2012 with Obama and Clinton again.

Posted by: Kim | May 19, 2008 5:28 PM | Report abuse

Hillary fell behind when the press moved Obama to sainthood and the American voters
believed that he could and would solve all their problems. Be careful what you vote for, you might get it, Obama is not what he appears to be.

Posted by: Annette | May 19, 2008 5:26 PM | Report abuse

I think Hilary needs to hang in there. If she quits now, what will that say about women all over the world? Hilary is a strong person and she can do it.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 19, 2008 5:25 PM | Report abuse

Right on, Senator Clinton!

We will never vote for Obama.

Clinton must run as an Independent candidate if Obama is given the nomination.

This entire primary has been a disgusting spectacle - the media has coddled Obama, and Clinton has withstood enough sexist attacks for two candidates.

Posted by: Switching from Dem. to Independent | May 19, 2008 5:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: James Lewton | May 19, 2008 5:22 PM | Report abuse

She can't even win if she makes the fake votes from Michigan and Florida "count". So much of this campaign in the early part was orchestrated for her - the early January vote in Michigan was designed by her high ranking Michigan supporters (Granholm, Levin, D.Dingell, Fitzgerald etc) so they could crown her! Remember she had the money, an early large lead, the early superdelegate supporters, and the name Clinton. Even with all this, she couldn't pull it off. Now she continues as a very bad loser.

Posted by: JoyceV | May 19, 2008 5:18 PM | Report abuse

After all this, surely she's not going to stop and cheat us of a bloody convention battle!!! She's not going to stop campaigning until Nov 5!!!! Then after the votes are counted and all the write in votes, she can start litigating. By the time she gets to the Supremes, it will be about gender discrimination. What's in YOUR crystal ball???

Posted by: Gaias Child | May 19, 2008 5:17 PM | Report abuse

Not so Fast "Sweetie!"

It ain't over till the lady in the pant suit says it's over!

Translation: "Don't look like a fool, Buster!"

Posted by: Randy | May 19, 2008 5:15 PM | Report abuse

good luck god bless you

Posted by: ann a west | May 19, 2008 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Does KY know about your guys buying off superdelegates?
You plan to tell them before the votes?

Posted by: Daly | May 19, 2008 5:12 PM | Report abuse

hood luck hilary --- kin to bill clinton

on his mothers side and the kassidy side.

hope ak

Posted by: ann a west | May 19, 2008 5:11 PM | Report abuse

"Clinton has increasingly cast herself as the underdog candidate" That is real funny since she was the celebrity favorite before the campaign started, she became an underdog when she mismanaged her campaign, got caught lying about Bosnian sniper fire and they ran out of money.

Posted by: Bo | May 19, 2008 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr! Bob Barr!

Posted by: Anonymous | May 19, 2008 4:52 PM | Report abuse

HANG IN THERE, HILLARY!!!

Posted by: JakeD | May 19, 2008 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Obviously Hillary has not heard the fat lady sing it. Probably because the fat lady is with Bill stating she never had sex with that man!

Posted by: Dean from TX | May 19, 2008 4:28 PM | Report abuse

I would prefer the lesbian over the jesus wannabe. But the choices for Democrats, pretty much sucks! Ralph Nader baby!

Posted by: IDA | May 19, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse