The Trail: A Daily Diary of Campaign 2008

Archives

Barack Obama

Albright Helping Obama Bridge Differences with Clinton

By Anne E. Kornblut
Former secretary of state Madeleine Albright appeared to do a bit of shuttle diplomacy on Wednesday right here in Washington. Immediately after meeting with Sen. Barack Obama as part of a national security working group on Capitol Hill, Albright headed to the memorial service for NBC's Tim Russert, where she sat next to Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and was seen on television whispering in her ear, while Clinton nodded.

In a press availability with reporters a short time earlier, Obama said he had not spoken directly to Clinton in recent days -- that she had been on vacation. Asked how he would repair the damage done to him on the issue of national security during the hard primary against Clinton -- who, like McCain, depicted Obama as naïve -- Obama said that in fact he and Clinton shared many positions, which is why he has been able to incorporate Clinton foreign policy advisers into his team. Albright is by far the most prominent Clinton adviser to be seen in Obama's presence since the end of the primary.

"I have not had a conversation with Senator Clinton because she has been getting a well-deserved vacation and we will be speaking in the next few days certainly within the next week," Obama said. "If you look at my positions and Senator Clinton's, there is not a lot of difference, which is why it's so easy for senior advisers of Senator Clinton's to support my candidacy."

At the end of the meeting, Obama was seen whispering with Albright (an image he was likely not sorry was captured by photographers before they were ushered from the room). Albright, a longtime friend and confidante of Clinton's, offered only a few vague remarks about Obama afterward, saying that the meeting had gone well and that he and Clinton shared views on restoring American standing in the world.

Posted at 4:27 PM ET on Jun 18, 2008  | Category:  Barack Obama
Share This: Technorati talk bubble Technorati | Tag in Del.icio.us | Digg This
Previous: Obama Seeks out the Wise Old Men (and Women) of Foreign Policy | Next: Obama Campaign Apologizes for Blocking Muslims at Event

Add 44 to Your Site
Get This Widget >>

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

Once again the Republicans are garnering votes by out-smarting the public. They post on these forums disguised as Democrats for Obama while saying lots of bad things about Hillary. Then the Hillary supporters get angrier and angrier at Obama and threaten to vote for McCain. Bingo: the cat captured the mouse!

Posted by: NyDy | June 19, 2008 7:47 PM

How Soros Financed Obama's Campaign
Increase Decrease

May 30, 2008 (LPAC)--In late 2006, George Soros, the British empire/Wall Street gatekeeper of the Left, vetted Senator Barack Obama's potential Presidential candidacy on behalf of financier oligarchs. Soros then introduced Obama to a selected financier group, and Obama soon afterwards announced he would seek the White House.

Soros's involvement with Obama's brief national political career had begun two years earlier with Soros fundraising for Obama's campaign for U.S. senate, and continued through the 2007 Presidential campaign launch with huge fundraising operations by Soros and his circle.

SOROS AND OBAMA - A Preliminary chronology

2004: The London-Wall Street axis singled out Obama, then an Illinois state senator, as their "Rising Star" in U.S. politics. The Rockefellers' family political agency known as the League of Conservation Voters endorsed Obama in the Democratic U.S. senate primary, ran TV ads on the Rising Star theme, and directly funded Obama's national career manager, consultant David Axelrod.

Obama's opponent in the Democratic primary, Blair Hull, was a self-financed millionaire, so Obama used the "millionaires' exception" to the campaign finance law to take $12,000 each from donor, six times the ordinary limit at that time. Thus nearly half of his $5 million primary funding came from 300 donors.

George Soros raised $60,000 of this Obama funding, with his own donations and those he procured from his family. Soros reportedly met with Obama first in March -- a mere state senator, Obama was the only candidate in the country with whom Soros met personally during the 2004 election cycle, according to Soros spokesman Michael Vachon (quoted by CNS News, July 27, 2004). On June 7, 2004, Obama was in Soros' New York home for an Obama campaign fundraising event.

December 4, 2006: Obama met with George Soros in Soros' mid-town Manhattan office. After an hour interview, Soros took Obama into a conference room where a dozen plutocrats waited to talk with Obama. Key among them were UBS (Union Bank of Switzerland/Swiss Bank) U.S. chief Robert Wolf, and hedge fund manager Orin Kramer.

December, 2006, a week later, Robert Wolf had dinner in Washington D.C. with Barack Obama to map out campaign strategy.

Early January, 2007: Obama announced his Presidential candidacy. The New York Times announced that candidate Obama had nailed the support of two highest-level Democratic fundraisers: George Soros and Robert Wolf. By mid-April, 2007, Wolf had raised $500,000 for Obama.

Mid-January, 2007: Wolf ran a dinner for Obama in Washington, with potential bundlers Jim Torrey, Brian Mathis, Jamie Rubin, and (again, from the original Soros meeting) Orin Kramer.

Early March, 2007: There were two fundraisers by Wolf and one by Edgar Bronfman, Jr.

Mid-March, 2007: George Soros began a staged dance with Obama. Writing in the New York Review of Books, Soros denounced the rightist Israeli lobby, AIPAC.

March 21, 2007: Continuing the dance, the Obama campaign rebutted Soros (as in, "Obama distances himself from Soros"), and denounced the Hamas movement.

April 9, 2007: An Obama fundraising party for the New York elite was held at the home of financier Steven Gluckstern, the former chairman of George Soros' Democracy Alliance. A photograph of the event, published (April 16, 2007) in New York magazine, showed George Soros seated immediately next to the standing, speaking Obama. Soros was enthroned as the only one in the room seated, stationed between host Gluckstern and Obama. Two months earlier Soros's Mr. Gluckstern had been quoted in the New York Observer saying he MIGHT be raising "well over a million dollars" for Obama.

May 18, 2007: George Soros hosted an Obama party at the Greenwich, Connecticut palatial mansion of Paul Tudor Jones, who runs the giant hedge fund Tudor Investment Corporation. They collected $2,300 from each of the approximately 300 attendees, the local newspaper Greenwich Time reported.

Posted by: | June 19, 2008 10:14 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 10:17 AM

Just say no deal.com
PUMA power

Posted by: enough already | June 19, 2008 8:13 AM

Well said. Thanks.

Posted by: Truth Seeker | June 19, 2008 6:58 AM

Many people don't seem to get the message that Clinton represents something bigger than herself. By herself, she is just another politician. The unfair treatment and sexist attitudes exhibited by the media, the party leaders, Obama, and his supporters, have made Clinton become a symbol for the intolerable sexist attitude by all. AT this point, a no-vote for Obama becomes a symbol for 'stand up for saying no to sexism'.

Posted by: vote4thebest | June 19, 2008 3:12 AM

These Republicans are good. They are disguising as Democrats for Obama while saying lots of bad things about Hillary. Then the Hillary supporters get angrier and angrier at Obama and threaten to vote for McCain. Bingo: the cat captured the mouse!

Posted by: NyDy | June 19, 2008 1:48 AM

Ah yes the anti Obama Trolls are hard at work.....

Btw when is Larry C. Johnson coming out with his fabled tape where Larry C. Johnson claims that Mrs Obama used the term `whitey` on the video. It`s been more than 3 weeks since you said you would release it tomorrow......Still waiting Larry still waiting...LOL

Larry is one of those great Rove Trolls that always surfaces when Karl needs him. How odd that he comes out with this breaking news story that no one would even touch because it had more holes than swiss cheese. Well planned Larry but poorly executed....

BTW Larry has Mr Sinclair been abducted by aliens lately? LOL

Read Larry`s and Mr Sinclair`s bio outside of this paper he preped and you will also come to the same conclusion....Sad Larry real Sad....You most likely spammed the net with the same garbage....

Joe

Posted by: Joe_Bigs | June 19, 2008 1:32 AM

Honest, Obama is a good politician and a smart advertiser. He is slowly nudging the Clintons off the map and using their own people to do it. The media is getting played so well also. The media wants Hill to be the VP so badly but for different reasons.

Imagine the first time that Bill gets caught with his pants around his ankles. (and he will, p.s. it wont be Hill pulling them down) FOX and the rest of the media would have a field day eating Obama alive.

::::::::::::Headlines FOX NEWS::::::::::::
Bill caught with pants down in a motel Obama made the wrong choice for VP. What other mistakes will he make as the President::::BTW Breaking news from FOX, Obama is an evil Black Muslim....More to come please stand by:::::::::::::::::::::::

The news is dying to roast President Obama (I like the way that sounds). Bill is way toooooo much of a liability to be trusted to keep his pants on. Obama is playing it smart by danggling tasty treat infront of the media all the while never saying anything. BRILLIANT!

BTW also I just love all the so-called `Hillary` supporter who wont vote for Obama.....Can we say Rove is hard at work in the background?......LOL BTW Obama does not need Hill, Obama needs the independent vote to win the White House....Guess what this (I) voter here is voting for Obama. Everyone I know is also voting for him......

Posted by: Joe_Bigs | June 19, 2008 1:10 AM

The Larry Sinclair Saga

By Larry JohnsongravatarcloseAuthor: Larry Johnson Name: Larry Johnson
Email: larry_johnson@earthlink.net
Site: http://NoQuarterUSA.net
About: Larry C. Johnson is CEO and co-founder of BERG Associates, LLC, an international business-consulting firm with expertise combating terrorism and investigating money laundering. Mr. Johnson works with US military commands in scripting terrorism exercises, briefs on terrorist trends, and conducts undercover investigations on counterfeiting, smuggling and money laundering. Mr. Johnson, who worked previously with the Central Intelligence Agency and U.S. State Department's Office of Counter Terrorism, is a recognized expert in the fields of terrorism, aviation security, crisis and risk management. Mr. Johnson has analyzed terrorist incidents for a variety of media including the Jim Lehrer News Hour, National Public Radio, ABC's Nightline, NBC's Today Show, the New York Times, CNN, Fox News, and the BBC. Mr. Johnson has authored several articles for publications, including Security Management Magazine, the New York Times, and The Los Angeles Times. He has lectured on terrorism and aviation security around the world, including the Center for Research and Strategic Studies at the Ecole Polytechnique in Paris, France. He represented the U.S. Government at the July 1996 OSCE Terrorism Conference in Vienna, Austria. From 1989 until October 1993, Larry Johnson served as a Deputy Director in the U.S. State Department's Office of Counter Terrorism. He managed crisis response operations for terrorist incidents throughout the world and he helped organize and direct the US Government's debriefing of US citizens held in Kuwait and Iraq, which provided vital intelligence on Iraqi operations following the 1990 invasion of Kuwait. Mr. Johnson also participated in the investigation of the terrorist bombing of Pan Am 103. Under Mr. Johnson's leadership the U.S. airlines and pilots agreed to match the US Government's two million-dollar reward. From 1985 through September 1989 Mr. Johnson worked for the Central Intelligence Agency. During his distinguished career, he received training in paramilitary operations, worked in the Directorate of Operations, served in the CIA's Operation's Center, and established himself as a prolific analyst in the Directorate of Intelligence. In his final year with the CIA he received two Exceptional Performance Awards. Mr. Johnson is a member of the American Society for Industrial Security. He taught at The American University's School of International Service (1979-1983) while working on a Ph.D. in political science. He has a M.S. degree in Community Development from the University of Missouri (1978), where he also received his B.S. degree in Sociology, graduating Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa in 1976.See Authors Posts (667) on June 18, 2008 at 10:13 PM in Current Affairs

Up to this point we have stayed away from the Larry Sinclair story. Larry alleges he did drugs and had consensual sex with Barack Obama. The Obama folks have gone crazy over the Sinclair allegations. Larry had a press conference today at the National Press Club. It was well attended. Shortly after the press conference ended, Larry was arrested. (I am sure this will encourage other folks to come forward and speak out (snark).) Here is Larry's statement. Decide for yourself.

Good afternoon, my name is Larry Sinclair and I am a former recreational drug user and trafficker, a convicted felon for crimes of forgery, bad checks and theft by check. I am also an American who loves this country and I cannot stay silent regarding Barack Obama knowing what I know.

Today I will discharge my obligation as a citizen to witness this knowledge to you and raise questions for others to investigate and consider. I am going to briefly describe my background, my experience with Senator Obama in 1999, what appears to me to be a coordinated effort to discredit me and finally a list of questions. After this brief statement, I will take and try to answer any reasonable questions.

Background

I am 46 years old and I currently reside in Duluth, MN. I am a US Citizen, and I have made mistakes in my lifetime. I have been convicted and served prison sentences for writing bad checks, forging checks, using stolen credit card numbers in Arizona, Florida and Colorado. These event's occurred over twenty (20) years ago between 1980 thru 1986. After going public on the internet with these claims against Senator Obama earlier this year, I became aware of a warrant out of Florida from 1986 which I have resolved and it has now been dismissed. I also have an active "Colorado Only" warrant for alleged "Theft and Forgery". I am not ignoring this warrant but am addressing it with the Court in Colorado as well as with the DA's office. I have a pending motion to dismiss this warrant which I am waiting to have calendared by the Colorado Court.

I have lived and worked under three different names. My birth name is Lawrence W. Sinclair. Later on, I had my name legally changed first to La-Rye A. Silvas, and then La-Rye Vizcarra Avila. The last two were legal name changes granted by the court in Penal County Superior Court, Florence Arizona. I legally returned to my birth name in the Fremont County District court, Canon City, Colorado in 1997. Obama Incident

I flew out of Colorado Springs, Colorado to Chicago on November 2, 1999, arriving in O'Hare early in the morning of November 3, 1999. I went to the Chicago area to attend the graduation of my god son (my best friend's son) from basic training from the Great Lakes Navy Training Center. I made reservations at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Gurnee, IL based on location to the Navy Training center. On November 5, 1999, I hired the services of Five Star Limo. I had hired them for both November 5 and November 6. On November 6, 1999, I asked the limo driver - whose name I now reveal for the first time - Paramjit Multani, if he knew anyone who would like to socialize and show me Chicago. Paramjit Multani understood that I was not looking for someone who knew Chicago and would enjoy socializing. Paramjit Multani said he knew someone who was a friend of his.

On November 6, 1999 after picking me up at the Hotel in Gurnee- and this is significant - Paramjit Multani used his cellphone to make a call. That call was made to then-Illinois State Senator Barack Obama to set up an introduction between me and Senator Obama. Upon arriving at the bar and exiting the Limo, Senator Obama was standing next to Paramjit Multani and I was introduced to Senator Obama. Later that evening at a bar which I believe was called Alibis, I mention I could use a line or two to wake up. Senator Obama asked me if I was referring to "coke" and after stating I was, Obama stated he could purchase cocaine for me and then made a telephone call - and this too is significant -- from his cellphone to a presently unknown individual during which Senator Obama arranged the cocaine purchase.

Senator Obama and I then departed the bar in my limousine and proceeded to an unknown location where Senator Obama exited the limousine with two hundred fifty dollars ($250) I had given him and returned a short while later with an "eightball" of cocaine which he gave to me. I did ingest a couple of lines of cocaine, and shortly thereafter Senator Obama produced a glass cylinder pipe and packet of crack cocaine from his pants pocket and Obama smoked the crack cocaine. I performed fellatio on Senator Obama in the limousine during the time Senator Obama was smoking crack cocaine, after which I had the driver take me to the my hotel, The Comfort Suits, Gurnee, Illinois.

The following day, November 7, 1999, Senator Obama appeared at my hotel room where we again ingested cocaine and I again performed fellatio on Senator Obama. Significantly, both the driver's telephone call to Senator Obama and his call to the drug dealer should appear on the driver's and Senator Obama's cellphone billing statements. Fall 2007

In September 2007 I contacted the Presidential Campaign of Barack H. Obama, to request solely that Senator Obama publicly correct his stated drug use record to reflect his use of crack cocaine with me in November 1999. When I made that first contact I left with the Presidential Campaign of Senator Barack H. Obama a telephone number for the campaign to return my call. The first number I provided was a Texas cell phone number. From the period of Labor day weekend 2007 through November 18, 2007 I did rovide a total of four (4) different call back numbers to the Obama campaign, as I had moved and had changed the numbers to reflect locally my place of residence at the time. In late September to early October 2007, I received a call from a male who identified himself as a "Mr. Young" stating he was calling in regards to calls I had made to the Obama campaign. This first call was in fact an attempt by "Mr. Young" to obtained from me the identities of anyone I had contacted concerning my 1999 allegations against Senator Obama. This first called shocked me in that this "Mr. Young" asked me why I had not asked Senator Obama to disclose the sexual encounters I had with Mr. Obama in 1999. I was shocked as I had never mentioned to the campaign or anyone working for the campaign any sexual encounters as my call was prompted by drug allegations only. The call ended with "Mr. Young" stating I would hear from someone in a few days.

In mid to late October 2007, I received a second call from this "Mr. Young" at which time I clearly became aware that this individual was personally involved with Senator Obama rather than just an employee of his campaign. The tone of the conversation had a sexual nature. "Mr. Young" did not once advise me how he obtained my phone number which by this time had now changed to a Delaware number.

In late October 2007, I received a text message from the gentleman identified as "Mr. Young" in which he stated he was intimately involved with Senator Obama and that Obama was discussing with him and his pastor how to publicly acknowledge Senator Obama's drug use in 1999 and that Obama wanted to be sure I had not discussed the sexual encounters or drug incidents with any media at that time.

In mid to late November 2007, in another text message from "Mr. Young" , he advised me that Senator Obama will publicly correct his statement as to he last time he used drugs and I did not need to concern myself with publicly disclosing it myself. The last contact I had with "Mr. Young" was in early December 2007 when he made it clear to me that Senator Obama had no intentions of publicly acknowledging his 1999 use of crack cocaine and that "Mr. Young" was in fact doing nothing more than milking information from me for Senator Obama's use.

I later learned that a Donald Young was the choir director of Reverend Wright's Trinity United Church of Christ - Obama's now-former church -- and was openly a homosexual. I also learned that he was murdered on December 23, 2007. I have cooperated with the Chicago Police Department in this matter by providing them the telephone numbers I was using during the fall of 2007 and I release them now publically in the hope that someone may be able to connect the dots between these telephone numbers and Mr. Young. Those numbers are: 954-758-1105; 956-758-1885; 956-758-8002; 302-685-7175; 612-466-1043. 2008

In what I now realize was a naive and un-counseled decision, I posted in January 2008 a video on YouTube.com where I related the above information regarding my liaisons with Senator Obama in 1999. The response was overwhelming and I quickly became the recipient of what in hindsight appears to have been a coordinated attack on my character with ever increasing falsehoods circulating on the internet.

In response I agreed to take a polygraph test from Whitehouse.com. The results of that test have been partially revealed to the end of labeling me a liar and taken as gospel by all. I would like to make the following comments about that polygraph test. First, I have been subsequently advised that Whitehouse.com was a website dedicated to anti-Clinton pornography until earlier this year. Second, I have now come to understand that lie detectors are junk science at best which is why courts of law refuse to use them. Third, a review of the results by George W. Maschke, Ph.D. of AntiPolygraph.org raises serious questions about the legitimacy of the examination. Indeed, overlooked by almost everyone is that hitehouse.com's own examiner, Dr. Gordon Barland, observed that on the drug question regarding Senator Obama that the computerized score found that there was less than a 1% probability of deception by me. That's about as high a passing score as one can possibly attain.

Finally, in February 2008 I was told anonymously that Dan Parisi of Whitehouse.com received $750,000 from the Obama campaign through AKR Media to organize an effort to publically discredit me. When I confronted Dan Parisi with this allegation, he did not deny it but instead withdrew the second exonerating polygraph report of Dr. Gordon Barland, failed to post the video of my polygraph as he and Whitehouse.com promised they would do, and even removed posts from their web site altogether, claiming that they had "had enough of the attacks by Sinclair's supporters and Sinclair himself."

The polygraph results - as misrepresented - were immediately seized upon by the blogger community and I became the subject of vicious lies about me. I was forced to file a lawsuit in an attempt to stop those lies about me that have been circulating. That lawsuit sought to obtain the proof of what I was saying about my contact with Senator Obama through subpoenas for the identities of the anonymous bloggers so they could be linked to the Obama campaign and relevant records of the cellphone companies to prove the truth of my allegations. To date, though the lawsuit is now over ninety days old, Judge Kennedy has refused to permit the suit to move forward so this evidence may be obtained. Conclusion

In sum, you can discredit my story and then make your decision on who should be the next President of the United States. The burden is now off me as I have told my story without the distortions that have been intentionally heaped on me in what my lawyer tells me is an ad hominem attack - shoot the messenger so you don't have to hear the message he is bringing. I am now done. It is for others to find the corroborating evidence of my story by locating the limousine driver - Paramjit Multani - and the telephone numbers related to Donald Young and/or Senator Obama. I leave you with these questions that I have asked of Senator Obama but which he - who wants to be the next President of the United States - has refused to answer:

1. Why won't Senator Obama provide his cellphone numbers and telephone records for all his personal and official cell phones held by him for the time period of November 3, 1999 thru November 8, 1999, when we met?

2. Why won't Senator Obama provide his cellphone numbers and telephone records for all his personal and official cell phones held by Senator Obama or September 2007 - December 23, 2008, the murder of Donald Young?

3. Why won't Senator Obama provide all email communication both personal and campaign related to and/or from AKP Message & Media from January 18, 2008 through February 29, 2008 for Senator Obama, David Axelrod and David Plouffe?

4. Why won't Senator Obama provide proof of all payments made from AKP Message & Media, Obama for America, David Axelrod, David Plouffe, and Senator Obama's accounts for the period of January 18, 2008 through February 29, 2008?

On my website - larrysinclair.org - you will find the documents that I have referred to in this statement. A copy of the home page for that website is attached. Thank you for your time and attention this afternoon and I will now take any questions.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 1:01 AM

Wow, did any of the dritics here read the names of his meeting,,All Former (as in eight years ago) advisors to clinton, the former President,who's foreign policy was as solid as could be in the new terrorista global uprising that was ensuing even way back then...The people Barack met with are the people who wrote much of the theory, and actual intelligence that Bush and his co-horts ignored, and let 9-11 happen.
Critisize Obama on gathering the foremost thinking intelligence this country has available, the most sound foreign policy idealists anyone would want on their staff (sans BUSH) and you really got to think, who's thinking is the right thinking,Obama = Mid 40's/McCant = mid 70's
really hard to doubt youth with such a senior idealist as your "other" choice

Posted by: Hello | June 19, 2008 12:59 AM

In my post above I meant to say "not rudely insulting them' instead of "not rudely insult them."

Posted by: Rufus P. Peabody | June 19, 2008 12:56 AM

To all supporters of Hillary Clinton:

I encourage you not to get offended by the rude comments posted by supposed Obama supporters. Most of these commenters are clearly Republicans pretending to be Obama supporters. Any real Obama supporter would be trying to convince Clinton voters to vote for Obama, not rudely insult them.

And if any of the commenters who wrote these uncivil posts about Clinton supporters are Obama supporters, they should be deeply ashamed.

Posted by: Rufus P. Peabody | June 19, 2008 12:53 AM

JedG wrote "For someone to say that they were a Clinton supporter and are now voting for John Mccain, they can fit into only one of three categories..."

I think he left out the most interesting category. According the Pew Research Center's study, Democrats who are uncomfortable with the thought of either a woman or a black man as President were more likely to support Senator Clinton as opposed to Senator Obama.

Racism has always been more prevalent among poor, uneducated whites than any other the demographic. And the Democratic party has its fair share of poor uneducated whites.

Yes, overall post-menopausal white women are having a hard time tempering their feelings with a dose of rationality. But as fun as it is for some to call attention to them--and let's face it, they're hardly the first demographic to behave irrationally; it's something we're all prone if the circumstances are right--it's the poor uneducated whites who are the bigger problem.

Apologies for going off-topic. I did want to call attention to a fact that's gone unmentioned by the media, but back to the topic at hand.

From the little I've read about her, Madeline Albright is a skilled diplomat. Heck Jesse Helms was a fan when she was the American Ambassador to the United Nations, and Jesse never met a Democrat he didn't want to piss on. She might be helpful at this point in time. The Clintons are far more likely to listen to her give the message they need to hear than if it comes from Senator Obama himself. No point hoping for greatness from either Clinton in the near term, but any moderating influence on their destructive tendencies is something we should all celebrate.

Susan B.

Posted by: Susan B. | June 19, 2008 12:46 AM

If Obama is utilizing past administration staffers to form his own staff and employing insiders, besides the old guard engineering his rise....How is he bringing a "change" in Washington DC?

Hmmm? Sounds like politics as usual...

Posted by: pahqlle | June 19, 2008 12:38 AM

Looks like change is just more borrowed ideas. At this point he's almost a joke.

Posted by: hhkeller | June 19, 2008 12:37 AM

You need not choose between 2 undesirable candidates: John McCain and Barack Obama. No one is forcing you to vote for one or the other.

Exercise your right to express your political views to Washington. Write "Hillary Clinton" on the voting ballot in November.

Even if she does not run as an independent candidate, you should still write her name on the voting ballot. By law, the state goverment must report the percentage (of votes) given to each person -- including an unofficial write-in candidate. The aim is for Fox News and CNN to report the following percentages of the popular vote.

1. 50% Hillary Clinton
2. 30% John McCain
3. 20% Barack Obama

Such strong support will essentially make Clinton the de-facto president of the United States. Before President John McCain initiates any policy, he will unofficially seek the approval of Senator Clinton.

Read "Hillary Clinton as an Independent Candidate" @ http://theclearsky.blogspot.com/#8706393981159671199 .

Posted by: reporter, USA, http://theclearsky.blogspot.com/ | June 19, 2008 12:34 AM

Hillary in 2012. 18 millon voters like Hillary!!!

Posted by: edabel | June 19, 2008 12:26 AM

I'm so excited with Madeleine Albright.
That is some change in policy! How about Baba Yaga?

Posted by: Jane Austin | June 18, 2008 11:57 PM

I think many posts have gotten away from the subject of Madeline Albright. Not unusual, when discussing the general election with disgruntled supporters of a previous campaign.

I really hope we can move forward.

Posted by: Susan | June 18, 2008 10:38 PM

I hope Hillary doesn't have to "hang" with Barack. He didn't get his "bump" after being declared the "presumptive nominee" and is close to McCain without McCain even having to try very hard. Now some Muslim women have been thrown under the bus. Hillary shouldn't have to go that route, maybe she can finally Barack under with the rest of his friends. (Except for the women, they were innocent bystanders.)

Posted by: Lynn E | June 18, 2008 9:36 PM

The arguments here are at first sort of amusing, but they soon become sour grapes and show a lack of intelligence. Hillary is "presently no longer" in the presidential game and regardless her loss, she will support Obama in hopes he is elected, and awarded for doing so. There is little honesty in Washington DC, and I have very serious doubts about most politicians being in the game for any other reason than mostly for their own self esteem and personal gain.

Posted by: Richard | June 18, 2008 9:04 PM

Hillary is a dirt bag and a murderer. She had Vince Foster, her sole male lover, assassinated early on. As it is told around here inside the Beltway, Hillary is a taco muncher.

Posted by: Gloom and Doom | June 18, 2008 8:45 PM

For someone to say that they were a Clinton supporter and are now voting for John Mccain, they can fit into only one of three categories:

a. They just can't stand to lose and their reaction is just sour grapes.

b. They're completely irrational. Hillary campaigned on issues like womens rights, civil rights, education, the environment,comprehensive health care, on and on. So did and is Barack Obama. John McCain campaigned on big business, abortion legislation, tax breaks for the wealthy, and now he's ready to drill everywhere for oil, and no conservation.

They're going to get even with Barack by shooting themselves in the foot.

c. Republican moles. I've noticed the Limbaughesque term "Democrat Party" in some of the so called ex-Hillary voters.

Also, call me sexist, but the reason I don't want to see Hillary as VP. I don't want to see Bill near the White House. I'd love to see Hillary as a Supreme Court Justice. I'd love to see her take on Scalia. He needs to be dropped down a peg or two.

Posted by: JedG | June 18, 2008 8:37 PM

I really love it when Hillary supporters write my name in all caps. I know I struck a nerve!

Really, Truthy, you need to move on. You were right about one thing though. I have no regard for Hillary Clinton. She is a terrible manager and she has problems with the truth. It is no wonder she lost to Obama and now she wants his help recouping all that misspent money. She needs him, so you need to be more respectful of the presumptive nominee.

Posted by: Susan | June 18, 2008 8:33 PM

I really don't think Obama wants your vote. Those who can pass on nothing but hate can go to McCain to join similar supporters. So go, go, go, and quit posting your nonsense here.

Posted by: Truth

You're wrong. Yes he does want my vote.

As for quitting, this is called free speech and if you can't take it then you quit posting.

Focus.....No Obama in November.

Posted by: Truth Seeker | June 18, 2008 7:49 PM

And by the way SUSAN, you were not just indicating your regard for Albright but trashing Hillary whom she supports.

And THAT was what I was addressing.

My posts are fine; clear and coherent; maybe you have a reading problem. Particularly since you didn't appear to notice that you were badmouthing Hillary.

Focus......NO OBAMA in November.

Posted by: Truth Seeker | June 18, 2008 7:47 PM

Posted by: Truth | June 18, 2008 7:46 PM

I have never booed any candidate. You don't know me. Hell, you can't even write well. Most of your post makes no sense.

I couldn't care less whether or not you vote for Barack Obama. And yes, it is people like me who helped defeat your candidate. Deal.

Posted by: Susan

Well, YOUR candidate wants my vote.

As to the booing....good for you....you have some small amount of class at least.

Focus.....NO OBAMA in November

Posted by: Truth Seeker | June 18, 2008 7:43 PM

Looks like Anonymous has tucked tail and run home to Mamma! LMAO.

Posted by: G&D | June 18, 2008 7:13 PM

Please delete "don't" from the salutation. Thank you.

Posted by: Gloom and Doom | June 18, 2008 7:09 PM

Dear Anonymous (I use that moniker since you don't have neither the balls nor the brains to use a name):

I am a full-blooded Obama supporter. I used to be a Republican when Billary was in power, but since Dubya has "ruled" this great Republic, I have been a Dem all the way. If you are timid and think all Dems are that way, you are more of a moron that I originally thought!

Posted by: Doom and Gloom | June 18, 2008 7:07 PM

Doom and Gloom-

"weak, timid temperament." is a give-away.

hint: you might want to lay off using the typical GOP stereotypes of Democrats when referring to an Obama supporter if you don't want to blow your cover.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 18, 2008 7:04 PM

I have noticed over the past several weeks a definite bias against Obama supporters by the Clinton fascisti. It's a shame. So many sore losers that "just knew" their Momma was gonna be the next Prez. Wake up fools, it will never happen. Obama has kicked her to the kerb...and not a moment too soon, I might add.

Posted by: Gloom and Doom | June 18, 2008 7:02 PM

A Limburger "dittohead" LMAO. I'm more of a Jimmy Buffet PARROTHEAD.

You are wayyyyy off base, doofus!

Posted by: Doom and Gloom | June 18, 2008 6:58 PM

No, I am an Obama supported that has been fed up with Hillary for the past 16 years. So doofus, don't apologize for me. Apologize for your weak, timid, temperament.

Posted by: Gloom and Doom | June 18, 2008 6:56 PM

Gloom and Doom is definitely a McCain/ Limbaugh dittohead.

Dude, get a new gig.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 18, 2008 6:55 PM

Maybe Ann Kornblut is a closet Libertarian. Anyone seen her without her bong?

Posted by: Gloom and Doom | June 18, 2008 6:54 PM

'Supporters' like Doom and Gloom are an embarrassment. Maybe he's a McCain fan under the covers trying to keep alive the image that we are all spiteful thugs.

Ignore him.

Obama '08

Posted by: Anonymous | June 18, 2008 6:53 PM

Heck, vote for Ron Paul's Libertarian. If he wins, we can all smoke reefer and do away with the IRS.

Your two choices are OBAMA and McCAIN. Like it or not, Sparky...these are the choices...or you could move to New Zealand.

Posted by: Gloom and Doom | June 18, 2008 6:52 PM

This has to be the weakest story I've read here at WaPo, if you can define this waste of space a 'story'. Oh my, both Obama and Clinton were seen whispering with Albright on the same day.... and that leads Ann to write a headline of "Albright helping Obama bridge differences with Clinton" Of course, who needs silly things like facts presented in a story that would actually back up such a headline?

Anne Kornblut, I think you missed your calling at the National Enquirer.

Posted by: VAReader | June 18, 2008 6:51 PM

I guess he feels a photo-op of him getting cozy with Clinton's confidante is good enough to court HRC's supporters. No need to come down off the pedestal.

Everything is architected with him and it's weird no one is even pretending otherwise anymore. This man says whatever his advisors feed him. Won't speak outside a tightly controlled environment. Has waffled or backtracked on every single issue. Has no apparent convictions other than that he wants to be POTUS.

As an independent no one can shame me into voting for Obama and I won't.

Posted by: Just Say No to the Stepford Man | June 18, 2008 6:49 PM

Obama and McCain BOTH have more class in their pinky fingers than Hillary has in her whole bloated pants suited body.

Posted by: Gloom and Doom | June 18, 2008 6:46 PM

Albright is a smart person, and was a very fine representative of our Country on the international stage.

Hillary is an embarrassment to all good people. She supports her sleazoid no good adulterous husband, and also had Vince Foster assassinated.

Posted by: Gloom and Doom | June 18, 2008 6:41 PM

Hello Truth Seeker: Want some truth?

I am a huge fan of Madeline Albright. She is a woman of substance. She is intelligent, trustworthy, sincere.

Posted by: Susan | June 18, 2008 6:39 PM

And Clintonistas are illiterate.

Posted by: Gloom and Doom | June 18, 2008 6:36 PM

everything is said on obama rally in michigan , clinton supporters will never vote obama , obama supporters have no dignity and they are stupdi and arogant ,

Posted by: mario | June 18, 2008 6:34 PM

Get Hillary out of the news and back into the Senate. She is a sore loser and a real crappy person. Clintonites need to crawl back under the rocks they live under along with the rest of the slimy creatures.

Posted by: Gloom and Doom | June 18, 2008 6:31 PM

Personally, I would rather have Madeline Albright campaign for Obama than Hillary Clinton.

Posted by: Susan |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I believe you are of a piece with your candidate Obama. You want the votes but are too small and petulant to ask politely for them.

Why I'll bet you would have booed had you attended that "unity" meeting in Michigan when Hillary's name was mentioned.

Another of the many, many reasons why Obama will not be elected. He has himself and people like you to thank.

Focus......No Obama in November.

Posted by: Truth Seeker | June 18, 2008 6:24 PM

Senator Obama YOU have to do the approaching and the reconciling. To expect anyone else to do it for you is weak and small and cowardly.

We Hillary supporters have heard for your surrogates, mainly pundits and the MSM, that you want OUR support also, but we have yet to hear directly from you and a direct appeal.

Now, I do not and will not support you but I would think you would appeal directly if you want any support from that quarter.

Posted by: Truth Seeker | June 18, 2008 6:20 PM