As Obama Visits Germany, McCain Visits German Restaurant

[Screenshot]

By Michael D. Shear
Sen. Barack Obama was in Berlin today, for a lofty speech to throngs of people about the roots of American-German cooperation and the development of freedom in the world.

Sen. John McCain went to Schmidt's Restaurant und Sausage Haus.

Located in the German Village section of Columbus, Ohio, the classic restaurant is owned by 58-year-old Geoff Schmidt, the fourth Schmidt to offer what his to go menu claims is "The Best of the Wurst!"

McCain had lunch with Schmidt, picking from a menu that included: Hoffbraii Schnitzel ($12.50), Haus Sauerbraten und Gravy ($12.50) and Wiener schnitzel und Gravy ($14.75). There are also five "Signature Sausage Platters," all of which are "served over hot kraut with German
Potato Salad, Chunky Applesauce and Split Top bun.

Before lunch -- according to the pool report -- he asked about dessert.

MCCAIN: "Can we have a coupla cream puffs to go too?"

SCHMIDT: "Oh well, get 'em. Oh yeah. Peanut butter or chocolate or..."

MCCAIN: "Chocolate."

SCHMIDT: "Chocolate."

MCCAIN: "Chocolate."

Asked whether he was trying to make a point by coming to a German restaurant while Obama was in the real country, McCain took a mild swipe at his rival.

"Well I'd love to give a speech in Germany to -- a political speech -- or a speech that maybe the German people would be interested in. But I would much prefer to do it as president of the United States rather than as a candidate for the office of the presidency."

McCain promised to continue campaigning across the country on issues like offshore oil drilling. He was supposed to have been in Louisiana today, visiting an oil rig to emphasize his support for America's need to produce more energy at home.

"I'm sorry we were unable to go to an offshore oil rig because I think the drilling off shore is a vital step in addressing the price of oil and America's energy needs and I hope that Senator Obama will change his position and support offshore drilling. We need to do it," he said.

By Web Politics Editor  |  July 24, 2008; 5:44 PM ET
Categories:  John McCain
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: McCain Won't Back Down on Obama Critique
Next: Rudy Talks to GOP's 'Young Guns'

Comments

xai Een plaatje zegt alles, toch ? juu Het volledige rapport is hier te vinden. Lees natuurlijk i de blogposting. k o
Thanks for interesting post! cws
[url=http://skuper.ru]ламинат[/url] 3i

Posted by: ламинат | August 13, 2008 5:46 AM | Report abuse

u Een plaatje zegt alles, toch ? s Het volledige rapport is hier te vinden. Lees natuurlijk r de blogposting. c t
[url=http://skuper.ru]паркетная доска [/url] 3d

Posted by: ламинат | August 12, 2008 3:58 AM | Report abuse

s Een plaatje zegt alles, toch ? e Het volledige rapport is hier te vinden. Lees natuurlijk d de blogposting. q w
[url=http://skuper.ru]ламинат и паркет [/url] 7q

Posted by: ламинат | August 12, 2008 3:50 AM | Report abuse

He would love to make a speach?
Who cares about his old thoughts, messed with old memory and oldest brains?
Retired community - that is a place for McBush's speaches. Maybe.
Maybe even there they will fall asleep from it.

Posted by: Linda, Fl | July 27, 2008 7:00 PM | Report abuse

McCain is an American campaigning in an American supermarket with Americans, and that is somehow wrong? Meanwhile, in Germany, Obama's crowd is conducting a rock concert and handing out little flags preparing for the phoney photo-op which is supposed to look like spontaneous German adoration to dumb Americans back home. I think I'd rather have the supermarket scene. It's not Disney.

Posted by: zaney8 | July 27, 2008 2:23 PM | Report abuse

If John McBush needs another chocolate creampuff- I got one in my pants he can have.

Posted by: Bill C | July 25, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse

LonewackoDotCom:

Dear WaPo:

At least Newsweek is trying to do real McCain reporting:

And, for balance, perhaps you could ask BHO about this outrageous lie:

I mean, really: BHO has a lie in a prominent place on his website, he's said that same lie in speeches, and still the WaPo is too corrupt to call him on it. What does he need to do, put up an "I'm a liar" neon sign?

Stop telling us what the candidates has for breakfast, start doing some real reporting.

----------

Erm, is someone going to point out that the Washington Post Company owns Newsweek?

Clearly your "real reporting" stretches to uneditorialized journalism.

Posted by: stickbook | July 25, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Mccain was told he was in Germany.

++++++++
I've been to Schmidt's. It's one of the most popular restaurants in Columbus, with great authentic German food.

Is there irony in McCain going to German Village the same day Obama's speaking in Berlin? Yes, but it's also smart counter-programming, because OH is key to either candidate's success in November.

Posted by: NoVA Dem | July 25, 2008 9:55 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | July 25, 2008 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: NoVA Dem | July 25, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

===========================================

Yet another irrelevancy from the candidate. His trip was not cancelled by weather, as reported, because if it were, it would have been rescheduled. No, in fact, it was cancelled due to the huge oil spill in the Mississippi - a vivid reminder to us all how oil and water do not mix.

Do they really think we're that dumb? Unfortunately, the answer is a resounding 'yes'.

Posted by: Susan | July 25, 2008 7:42 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Mccain needs to get off the 4 day work week and make some news. It seems the only story he has to push is close to 40 years old. We have heard it. I doubt if he calls a press conference titled, "My days as a POW" he will draw very many. Same with his town hall meetings all titled "Why you should not vote for Obama". If he ever called a press conference where he actually told us anything he planed to do that actually sounded anything but ridiculous, people may stop for a minute and listen. I live in South Florida and I can tell you, there is not one Mccain ad running that has anything to do with why I should vote for Mccain. Just one negative ad after another about Obama. Many so ridiculous they must be aimed at the least informed people in the country. After like the tenth one you begin to figure he has nothing positive to say about himself and stop listening. I went to one of his town hall meetings to give him a chance. All I came away with was, he seemed so nuts I thought "This man must never be allowed to be president". He spoke like he thinks he is talking to morons who can't do any research and find all his half truths an out and out lies. Honestly, after that I made my first donation to Obama and began working for his campaign. I honestly think Mccain is out of his mind and if elected would have little of no say about what he did. He would just be a puppet of maybe Cheney, who knows. I know one thing, he is it WAY to nuts to be our president.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 25, 2008 3:40 AM | Report abuse

Can we all say "sour grapes". Actually I have forgotten who Obama was running against.

======
News Flash
Germans dont get a vote on who our next president is going top be. Obama would be wise to spend his time at home.

Posted by: Jhon | July 25, 2008 2:02 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | July 25, 2008 3:33 AM | Report abuse

News Flash

Posted by: Jhon | July 25, 2008 2:02 AM | Report abuse

Thanks to R M Gopal for providing a capper to a long line of comments that show the intellectual and emotional level of BHO supporters.

However, I'm a Mr. not a Ms. Further, my source for the news about BHO's lie isn't Dick Morris, it's the U.S. Census Bureau.

Read about BHO's outrageous and obvious lie here:

Posted by: LonewackoDotCom | July 25, 2008 1:29 AM | Report abuse

Some sell their souls for 30 silver pieces, some for peanuts and others give them away to the Devil for free.

To believe lonewackodotcom, a necessary condition is that you must be extraordinarily dumb, so dumb that you are prepared to believe thatBarack Hussein Obama is dumb enough to be found out on his web site in a lie by the likes of Ms Wacko. And the source of the breathless intelligence she has imparted to the world is none other than Dick Morris, yes, that paragon of political virtue. 'nough said.

Posted by: R M Gopal | July 25, 2008 1:18 AM | Report abuse

Dear WaPo:

At least Newsweek is trying to do real McCain reporting:

And, for balance, perhaps you could ask BHO about this outrageous lie:

Posted by: LonewackoDotCom | July 25, 2008 12:36 AM | Report abuse

Did Cindy mcCain take one of those sausages and shove it up her sn@tch because Ol' man McCain can't satisfy her and would rather take a nap? LMAO.

Posted by: The racist mccains | July 25, 2008 12:07 AM | Report abuse

Sen. McCain is counting on the ignorant vote. In fact, that is his only hope in this campaign.

McCain is trying to make hay by promoting off-shore drilling... when no less an oil authority than T. Boone Pickens has said that that is a flawed idea.

Enjoy the Chocolate Cream Puff at Schmidt's. Your not getting a Cream Puff to run against in the general election.

Posted by: JR, Boston | July 24, 2008 11:58 PM | Report abuse

About that speech. What it brought to mind was the enormity of the disservice President George Bush has done to the world and to the American people. The world stood in solidarity with the US following the 9/11 attacks, ready to march against global terrorism -- if only Mr. Bush would show the way. How did the wastrel we have for a president manage to squander that historic opportunity? How did he himself fall so low in public esteem so that not even one American in three supports him now? On the other hand, it is perhaps unfair on the part of the American people to expect more from a C-student after electing him President -- twice -- knowing full well his academic record and intellectual limitations. What is even more unsettling is the prospect of a John McCain presidency which means a C-minus student is called upon to dig us out of the abysmal mess bequeathed to us and our coming generations by a C-student -- at the ripe old doddering age of 72. Are we nuts to even think of the notion of a McCain in the oval office, or are we the American people also collectively suffering from a massive brain deficit?

Posted by: R M Gopal | July 24, 2008 11:47 PM | Report abuse

HA! HA! HA! LMAO! Obama's in Germany looking presidential and meeting with heads of state and a giving speech to 200,000+ crowd of Germans while McCain is back in the USA eating sausages and cream puffs in a German restaurant in Ohio with 50 - 100 people attending because of the free food!

Posted by: Obama-Junkie | July 24, 2008 11:44 PM | Report abuse

Hey
What are you gonna do
When those walls
Are falling down
Falling down on you?

You're wearing all
Of the years on your face
Turn a Tombstone?? place
And your heart
Only beats in a murmur
But your words ring out
Like murder

Posted by: Beck, MOdern Guilt | July 24, 2008 11:40 PM | Report abuse

"I'm sorry...I find this visit to a German restaurant...very humanizing, and very touching. You know, I can't afford to go to Berlin this year! People here are trying to figure out how to afford to get to work! Yesterday a lady told me that she was standing in the supermarket crying, because she couldn't afford the food. Why exactly are we trusting Obama on the economy? Please tell me! Because Obama, I'm sorry, he seems like a rich guy with a lot of hooplah. Now that is out of touch!! i am not feeling that Obama understands me right now!" -- Posted by: Carolyn | July 24, 2008 6:22 PM

---
You may want to reflect on how we got into this economic mess that you allude to. Seven years of Voodoo economics, 5 years of wasteful militarism, and other things have stagnated our economy and devalued the dollar. Who's family is wealthier? Hint, it isn't the Obama clan. Who's family was more likely to be welcomed into an elite country club. Hint, it wasn't the Obama clan. Just because someone has the self-confidence to dress well, stand straight and speak articulately doesn't make them out of touch. Blame the economy on Bush. (McCain has the same economic plans as Bush.) As for Obama, he may be more representative of American than you or me. He is a European/African American. We are the melting pot, if you recall.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 24, 2008 10:47 PM | Report abuse

BREAKING NEWS: TPM Mudrucker to report that McCain used the 'N' word. This guy is a classic racist. People...this is gonna be huge. We all knew McCain was a racist, but this is proof. This is gonna be all over the news tomorrow.

Posted by: America The Racist | July 24, 2008 10:43 PM | Report abuse

Julie: The entire thing just blew past you like the wind, didn't it?

You are the exact person the McCain campaign targets. Get a clue, ok?

Posted by: Susan | July 24, 2008 10:38 PM | Report abuse

This just shows the utter lack of imagination and statesmanship of the McCain clan. A cynical photo-op in front of a German restaurant in Columbus, OH, while whining about how the media has given him short shift is, at best, childish and, at worst, churlish.

Posted by: G | July 24, 2008 10:29 PM | Report abuse

Yea, he campaigns in this country. To 200 people at a time who come for the free buffet. What a joke.

++++++
Well, at least McCain is campaigning TO AMERICANS and not to European socialists who do not vote in our election, do not live life with us here in this country, and to many who will not and have not fougt alongside our soldiers in Iraq. I mean - just what the heck is this guy doing in Berlin, giving speeches when he should be campaigning and getting a sense of what Americans want, think, are going through? At least McCain is here . . . can't say that for the arrogant Empty Suit.

Posted by: Julie | July 24, 2008 10:18 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | July 24, 2008 10:24 PM | Report abuse

At the suggestion of Mccain. We are so hated in the world now it was great to see. Better seeing our flags waved for a change then burned. You think Mccain could make this trip? They would want to hang him not cheer. They now what Mccain is.
======

Posted by: Julie | July 24, 2008 10:18 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | July 24, 2008 10:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Julie | July 24, 2008 10:18 PM | Report abuse

HUH? McCain wants for more years of Bushinomics, for more years of virtually no growth in jobs, continuing erosion of retirement benefits, medical benefits, loss of real buying power for middle class wages, by a guy who's wife is rich, and whohimself hasn't done too badly, given friends like old man Keating.

Obama is the antithesis of that and she doesn't feel like Obama understands her right now? Reagan/Bush: 12 years of erosion of wages, jobs, and benefits. Clinton 8 years of growth in wages, jobs, benefits. Little Bush 8 years of massive erosion of jobs, paychecks, medical access, retirement.

And You trust WHOM to make it all better.

The hardest lie to disprove is the one we tell ourselves because the real truth, that we are wrong, is too embarrassing. You cannot tell yourself the truth about the war, the economy, social justice, or American image abroad and still vote Republican.

Posted by: ceflynline@msn.com | July 24, 2008 9:54 PM | Report abuse

He is that bad. I mentioned you need to meet the man and see him in person. His TV persona of make up and carefully set up photos is ridiculous. He makes Joan Rivers look good. In person this guy is death warmed over. Please, meet the man before you throw away your vote on him.
=======

For some time now, I have read others' posts that insinuate McCain is not really going to be the GOP candidate, but will be replaced at the convention.

I always thought these suggestions smacked of a conspiracy theory, but I am wondering now if they were right.

I mean, COME ON. He can't really be this flustered by Obama's overseas trip, can he? This entire week has been one disaster after another for him - - how on earth would he handle that infamous 3AM phone call or another terrorist attack?

Wow. Frightening. For us all.

Posted by: Susan | July 24, 2008 8:58 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | July 24, 2008 9:28 PM | Report abuse

Wow. Frightening. For us all.

Posted by: Susan | July 24, 2008 8:58 PM | Report abuse

I hope McCain enjoyed his chocolate cream puff.

Posted by: Mike | July 24, 2008 8:56 PM | Report abuse

Along that line I think over the next few months people who support him should try to get to one of him town hall meetings. It will be an enlightening experience. The even though you don't like Obama you can start looking at people like Barr or Nader. I guarantee if you actually meet this idiot you will never vote for him. I wish he would make more appearances so his voters could see this guy up close.

+++++++
Would anyone want to go hear McCain give a speech anywhere? Christ what a pathetic candidate.

Posted by: Scott F. | July 24, 2008 8:30 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | July 24, 2008 8:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Scott F. | July 24, 2008 8:30 PM | Report abuse

Ah,,, never mind

++++++

Uh, folks? I think the original comment about not tipping was in reference to McCain not tipping at the German restaurant ("He thought he was at the Brandenberg Gate") not Obama. So the OP, I believe, was calling McCain an old man, not Obama. Maybe the reason the OP said that "he thought he was at the Brandenberg Gate" was exactly because you don't have to tip in Germany.

Posted by: cayren | July 24, 2008 8:20 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | July 24, 2008 8:23 PM | Report abuse

They don't even care anymore, he is just a throwaway candidate in an election they don't expect to win. I can't wait to see who is his VP. Who want to throw away their career being part of this fiasco?

Posted by: Anonymous | July 24, 2008 8:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: cayren | July 24, 2008 8:20 PM | Report abuse

McCain needs to get a new campaign manager

Posted by: Cheryl L | July 24, 2008 8:19 PM | Report abuse

I don't know if you were referring to me but I have traveled in europe for more then 30 years. I don't go on a 20 countries in 20 days trip, "If it's Tuesday this must be Belgium".. I go there and stay for a few months, rent a car or use one of my sister in laws cars, she lives in Germany and travel around where the tourists never go. It is so different now I can't tell you.

++++++

In a recent trip to eastern european nations, my friends and I ATTRACTED POSITIVE attention, because we were American. I can't really speak for France or Germany personally, but some of my friends have good stories to tell about both.

Posted by: Chris | July 24, 2008 8:08 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | July 24, 2008 8:19 PM | Report abuse

freelyb - check your facts, the man that "makes his living by sending so many young people to early graves" has 3 children, all of whom are serving or will serve.

Also, some of you will be surprised what kind of a crowd McCain could draw in Europe. During the active-primary period, Rudy Giuliani was able to attract quite a crowd, including important foreign dignitaries while in London. And if you're worried about getting beaten up for being an American, you may want to reconsider where you're going.

Posted by: Chris | July 24, 2008 8:08 PM | Report abuse

And Mccains wife spends $550,000 a month on her AMX card. Mccain doesn't worry much about what things cost and certainly anything about you. You can just curl up and die as far as John Mccain is concerned. You just don't realize it.

+++++++

Posted by: Carolyn | July 24, 2008 6:22 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | July 24, 2008 8:05 PM | Report abuse

You don't tip in Germany, it is part of the bill. But I would not expect you to know that. What do you know?

++++++++
I know that a lot of people think Barack Obama is the next George W. Bush (the inexperienced, unseasoned - but fun! - product of a Rove/Axelrod political machine), but I don't think it's fair to call him an old man. I mean, Nelson Mandela is old - 20 years older than McCain!

And it's not Obama's fault he's not at the Brandenburg Gate - the Germans just wanted to reserve that for Presidents, not for JFK wannabes who have no accomplishments of their own.

And Obama shouldn't have to tip the waitresses in Germany - it's the votes of Americans he has to buy!

So give the poor guy a break!

Posted by: | July 24, 2008 6:43 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | July 24, 2008 8:02 PM | Report abuse

You left out your real reason, he is black. Now back to your trailer.
+++++++
Rock Against Obama, his lies, double-speak, and his deceit.

Rock Against the Great Fraud, the Obama political machine, and the biased Leviathan media.

Take a stand. Fight back. Rise Against. Active Young America UNITED. ROCK AGAINST OBAMA!!!

Posted by: Rock Against Obama | July 24, 2008 6:29 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | July 24, 2008 7:59 PM | Report abuse

Because they hate us. I travel in Europe often and actually am careful where I go just because I am an American, That never happened years ago. To see them waving American flags was great. Obama could undo much of the damage Bush has done almost over night. Bush can't even travel over seas without being followed by mob of protesters. I dare say if Mccain tried to do what Obama did today, he would draw a mob alright, but they would want to hang him, not cheer. They know what and who John Mccain is. Mccain could not take a chance of making a trip to Europe. Could imagine the visuals and the anti American chanting.

He can just sneak in and out of places with his own press group so he can control the news. Mccain is just a fake. Every one of his Iraq trips were fake photo op's. The last one he got caught when the pictures of that supposed safe market were found out to be completely fake and a set up with 100 soldiers and 6 helicopters so Mccain could do his fake walk through the market and declare it safe. Even General P. had to do a press conference admitting it was a phony and apologized. Imagine lying to the families of the solders who are over there. Acting like they are on a paid vacation and all is well? Mccain is just a phony and if he is elected the American people deserve what ever happens. I am already retired and well off and none of this really effects me, I don't care how much oil cost but I do care about my country and will do everything in my power to be sure a deranged idiot like John Mccain is not elected. That is why I am working for Obama. I have met Mccain and I can tell you, this man must never be elected president under any circumstances.

+++++++++
Why campaign in foreign countries? That doesn't make sense.

Posted by: Kathy111 | July 24, 2008 7:31 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | July 24, 2008 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Mccain was there because of the earlybird special.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 24, 2008 7:37 PM | Report abuse

is it just me... but he sounds so whiny, so tinny, maybe wheezy, maybe its' from choking on a weiner bone, those Saurbraten Brats...

Posted by: angriestdogintheworld | July 24, 2008 7:36 PM | Report abuse

I just can't get around the fact that both John and Cindy McCain make such incredible livings by sending our young to pointless, gruesome, early graves. He, via the war for profit machine; she, by trying to lower the drinking age and standing against MADD members. My lord...help us.

Posted by: freelyb | July 24, 2008 7:31 PM | Report abuse

Why campaign in foreign countries? That doesn't make sense.

Posted by: Kathy111 | July 24, 2008 7:31 PM | Report abuse

I agree with the posters about the oil spill.

It would have looked silly if McCain were talking about oil drilling in environmentally-sensitive areas not being a problem had the cameras panned over to the Miss. River, where 400,000 gallons of fuel oil are now providing a beautiful sheen to the river from the Miss. River bridge in downtown New Orleans all the way to the Gulf of Mexico.

Louisiana has already sacrificed her environment, the wetlands and the air quality to the oil companies. It's an appropriate venue for McCain to speak about ravishing other parts of the country with oil field waste.

And, as a native of Louisiana, God help her, it thrills my heart to read in an AP story today that the spokesman for the La. Dept. of Environmental Quality said that the fuel oil doesn't present a problem to wildlife in the river, stating; "There's not a whole lot of wildlife on the Mississippi."

That's because it's so polluted that we've killed off most of the wildlife. However, I have seen alligators in the river, below New Orleans and many herons and egrets. And there are fish, somehow, still in the river.

What a shame. Vote for McCain and Alaska and Florida will suffer the same fate as Louisiana.

-Michael H.
Alexandria, Va.

Posted by: m.hamner | July 24, 2008 7:16 PM | Report abuse

"Because Obama, I'm sorry, he seems like a rich guy with a lot of hooplah. Now that is out of touch!!"

One candidate owns 10 homes, has lived off of the taxpayer all his professional life, despite being married to a woman who is worth 100 million and he himself made 500k last year he still collects social security while he claims that the system is a disgrace.

Who's elitest, out of touch and doesn't understand you right now?

Posted by: JR | July 24, 2008 7:15 PM | Report abuse

He meant to say "he wishes he could give a speech"

funny how he doesn't recall going to columbia for a "timed" captive releasing or to canada or mexico ... did he forget his meds?

BTW, my father in law is same as mccain, its 6PM and he's snoring on my couch. Does this concern you?!

Posted by: LMFAO @ McSame | July 24, 2008 7:12 PM | Report abuse

a german restaurant is about as much of germany as mcduck understands ... i heard he tried to give a speech in front of their alley gate

Posted by: Lone McCain blogger | July 24, 2008 7:09 PM | Report abuse

Come on young people, get your hoola hoops and join us at the mccain sock hop ... he us so out of it and so are his supporters trying to get lined up to the present

Posted by: Rock Against Obama | July 24, 2008 7:08 PM | Report abuse

To the poster who can't even spell anonymous- what in God's name are you trying to say? Nelson Mandela is old? Huh? Are you one of those children that was left behind?

Posted by: elmerg | July 24, 2008 6:58 PM | Report abuse

elmerg wrote:

I think the old man actually thought he was at the Brandenburg Gate but I also understand he left without tipping the poor waitress. Nice form there McSame!
______________________________

So give the poor guy a break!

Posted by: Anonymous | July 24, 2008 6:43 PM | Report abuse

"Obama Visits Germany, McCain Visits German Restaurant"
I would say that this proportional to thier respective vision.

Posted by: sd-mouth | July 24, 2008 6:35 PM | Report abuse

The real reason they cancelled the photo-op at the offshore rig?
AN OIL SPILL!

Posted by: napperfat | July 24, 2008 6:34 PM | Report abuse

Rock Against Obama, his lies, double-speak, and his deceit.

Posted by: Rock Against Obama | July 24, 2008 6:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: elmerg | July 24, 2008 6:28 PM | Report abuse

Is McCain a Muslim?

Posted by: Truth Squad | July 24, 2008 6:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Carolyn | July 24, 2008 6:22 PM | Report abuse

No way unless they want to be in chapter 7 in no time.
====
McCain would be a better President of McDonalds than of the USA.
Posted by: | July 24, 2008 5:49 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | July 24, 2008 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Be fair WaPo -- McCain also visited the cheese aisle of a supermarket! Who is running his campaign? Minnie Mouse? And, yeah, his great idea to get photo ops on an oil rig were disrupted by hurricane Dolly (after McCain mistakenly claimed that hurricaned don't damage oil rigs and was confronted with the fact that 113 were destroyed during Katrina) and the optics of being on an oil rig while they're frantically trying to clean up the massive Mississippi river oil spill. Obama couldn't pray for a more tone deaf campaign response from his rival, lol.

Posted by: straight talk my a** | July 24, 2008 6:12 PM | Report abuse

...at least his flip flopping experience would help at McDonalds!

Posted by: Anonymous | July 24, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Such a different message & vision than the one we had for the last 8 years built on greed, fear and war. Barack's message is on the oneness of Humantiy and our shared and common goals -- that we are all of us in this together and that we live in a Global Society. It was based on love and goodwill toward each other. That we are not alone and without hope. That there should be a freedom from fear and want everywhere in the world and that only united can we build a better world for all. What a great vision to aspire too, especially for the young adults and the children of the world. Gives them something to look forward to other than years of war and hate. The large crowd in Germany today relays the fact that people hunger for truth and for a message of hope and inspiration.

This is such an inspirational and great healer/teacher/leader! Is it not great that we are talking about peace and unity for a change? Our common humantiy? That speaks a lot in itself. It is unintelligent to think that we are not interdependent and that what goes on in one part of the world, effects us All! Barack generated a lot of powerful, healing engery today. We must not loose it.

Posted by: angellight | July 24, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

McCain would be a better President of McDonalds than of the USA.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 24, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse