Clinton Offers Donors Option to Redirect Their Funds

By Anne E. Kornblut
Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton is giving donors to her general election fund an option: either take the money back, or contribute it to her 2012 Senate re-election coffer.

"We are asking for your immediate help in designating your generous 2008 general election contribution to Senator Clinton's 2012 re-election campaign," the letter, signed by Clinton campaign treasurer Shelly Moskwa, says. "All we need is your signature, but we need for you to reply immediately." The letter tells donors to respond by sending back a form in a postage-paid envelope, or by fax, or even by going to the campaign web site.

By law, Clinton cannot redirect those contributions straight to Sen. Barack Obama, her campaign said. She has been to three fundraisers for Obama since ceding the Democratic nomination to him, in addition to making calls to her donors on his behalf. Despite continued wariness from some of her donors to making the switch to back Obama, Clinton herself is reportedly stepping up her effort to raise money for him -- while also hurrying to retire her debt and reallocate her general election funds before the Aug. 28 deadline, after which time all the money for her general election has to be given back to the donors. Clinton also cannot repay her $11 million in personal loans after the end of August.

A new fundraiser for Clinton has also just been arranged for July 29 in Washington. She will be holding a 90-minute reception with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid at the IBEW-AFL-CIO building -- with a range of $500 to $5,000 (for political action committees) required to attend.

By Web Politics Editor  |  July 15, 2008; 6:17 PM ET
Categories:  Hillary Rodham Clinton , The Green Zone
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: McCain Lists Top Bundlers
Next: In St. Louis, McCain Takes a Concrete Position: Chocolate

Comments

Do people understand that some of clintons supporters and some of obama's supporters have very different outlooks in life? Hillary Clinton is a big power broker. If she rose, lots of her clique would have risen with her. This is not as assured with Obama. So if some of the sore losers, who also lost the perks of a friendly presidency, are upset and won't fundraise for him, maybe its because he won't give them all the benefits that they thought she would.

Obama is more popular then McCain at this point, going up from a virtual tie a month ago. So perhaps what he is doing is favorable to some people in the country. He is the one who won the primary and is favored in the election.

For Leon:
I am sure that black people will decide on their own whether or not to continue supporting Hillary in a senate bid. It will probably depend on how she acts during the general election and their past perceptions of her fight in the primary. Despite your connection to NY, Coke Can has about as much authority on the issue as you do, being that americans as a whole self segregate so most people have no clue how people outside their zip codes think anyway, let alone the entire city or state.

Hillary has made enemies with a lot of liberal activists in the primary, it will be interesting to see how that goes for her later. I'd say, watch the bloggers, not all of them are featherheads, and they all have access to a virtual news outlet.

Posted by: Elizabeth | July 18, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Whatever!

Dang, get thee to an editor!

Posted by: Anonymous | July 17, 2008 8:03 PM | Report abuse

See where Obama will be in November with a huge portion of the millions of Hillary votes staying home. Unity may butt. This is still a hard road for Obama and the only way he will ever make it in the white house is he will need to make the effort to reach out to the one's that he really needs. The Hillary people.

Posted by: Whatever! | July 17, 2008 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Obama was over hyped from the start and now he is having a hard time living up to his self imposed false image.
Yeah I voted for Hillary and I wanted her to win the nomination. We wouldn't be having this chance of loosing the white house to McCain if she was the nominee.

Oh! Where the heck are all the donations coming from with Obama? Even after shifting to the middle and angering allot of his supporters he still is pulling the big 52 million figures. There is something smelling kind of fishy with that. My guess is he has found a way to channel big corporations money into the Internet donations. We will find out and it will be brought out at the last minute that he has been doing illegal fund raising and McCain will win the presidency.

Posted by: Whatever! | July 17, 2008 2:38 PM | Report abuse

"Hillary still stands for integrity"

Lessee ...

"We corkscrewed in and dodged sniper fire as we ran for the limos!"

"I was named after Edmumd Hillary!"

"Those missing Rose Law Firm files just MAGICALLY APPEARED today!"

Oh, yeah, and this one -

"Jerry Zeifman, a lifelong Democrat, supervised the work of 27-year-old Hillary Rodham on the committee. Hillary got a job working on the investigation at the behest of her former law professor, Burke Marshall, who was also Sen. Ted Kennedy's chief counsel in the Chappaquiddick affair. When the investigation was over, Zeifman fired Hillary from the committee staff and refused to give her a letter of recommendation - one of only three people who earned that dubious distinction in Zeifman's 17-year career.

Why?

"Because she was a liar," Zeifman said in an interview last week. "She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality."

Ah, gimme that ole Clinton Integrity.

Bwahahaha.

;)

Posted by: Chuckamok | July 16, 2008 9:25 PM | Report abuse

Hillary still stands for integrity, honoring the best for us, the people and getting results. When I see the mistakes and hatred being spewed out now, I just want to cry that she is not the next president of the US. It is so pathetic to see people continue to ridicule someone who is so experienced and wise and yes, a tough fighter. She certainly has tenacity, dedication and vision . . . for this she is despised? Just what do we think we need in a leader?

Posted by: bly | July 16, 2008 9:00 PM | Report abuse

"It" is a chiseling, sheisty, golddigging, grifting, flim-flamming con artist.

Posted by: Donna | July 16, 2008 8:56 PM | Report abuse

"All the Hill's people are still doing it I see.Still telling those tall tails.You would think they would be over it by now."

The following is from "Fear and Fretting on the Campaign Trail", by Russ Smith in today's WSJ:

"As it happens, I have serious reservations about Mr. Obama's economic and foreign-policy proposals (although the national service he preformed in dispatching the Clinton machine can't be underestimated ) ..."

AMEN TO THAT, RUSS.

I say put Obama on Mt. Rushmore for ridding us of the Clinton felons.

;)

Posted by: Chuckamok | July 16, 2008 8:08 PM | Report abuse

"Beloved Clintons"???? Please help me. I wanna throw up.

Posted by: ANYBODY BUT BILLARY | July 16, 2008 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Well let me refresh their memory. The nomingation was not stolen from Hill, she lost it all on her on.She surronded her self with people who didn't have her interest in mind.All they wanted was money and posistions in her Admn. she thought she was entilted to. She sent Bubba out their to try and belittle OBAMA, and it didn't work.She chose to work with Karl Rove,a known criminal as far as I am concern, she worked to turn white women against men,she tried to turn the Latinos
against Africians Americans, she had Bubba
and Carville label Bill Richardson a judas,
she as much said that a blackman can't be president in the United States, she played along with Rush Lambaugh,the likes of racists sean hannity, bill'O and the GOP right wingers.And now its the nomination was stolen. Funny that's exactly what she try to do steal it.She lied, lied and more lies.Well if you Hill people won't vote OBAMA that's your right.We don't need you
Hill needs OBAMA. To pay off her debts.

Posted by: tygirl | July 16, 2008 5:42 PM | Report abuse

With Obama supporters not missing any opportunity to spew their vile anti-Clinton hatred, I wonder why the Democratic party leadership bothers to talk about party unity.

Judging by Obama falling all over himself appealing to Republicans, rightwingers and the Christian, while deliberately ignoring Hillary supporters (telling them to "get over it"!), not to mention his foul-mouth fanatical supporters still bad-mouthing Bill, Hillary and her supporters, one can safely say neither Obama nor his supporters want a united Democratic party in November. Let's wish them good luck, and happy losing!

Posted by: addicted-to-teleprompter | July 16, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Don't be too quick to say there will never be a Clinton nor a BUSH back in the White House. The front page of a local Sunday paper had a full length picture of our former governor, Jeb Bush, with much speculation about a presidential run. It appears they may be revving up for 2012.
Heaven help us all!!!

Posted by: Florida resident | July 16, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

I cannot and will not support Barack Obama, his campaign was dirty, he and Jesse Jackson Jr. played the rascist card on my beloved President Clinton. They ran against Bill Clinton and not Hillary. I will continue to support Senator Clinton in what ever she wants to do, except support or vote for Obama, that I will not do. The DNC, African American leaders, Donna Brazille, and MSNBC media, I hope your man wins, but I doubt he will. Thanks for another loser, you should have gotten the hint when John Kerry, Ted & Caroline Kennedy, John Edwards and Bill Richardson endorsed Obama, a bad recipe of Losers. No thank you Obama, I cannot forgive you for disrespecting President Clinton in South Carolina or how you threw the finger when you mentioned Hillary's name in a crowd of African Americans. No readers Hillary did not play the race card. Obama and his campaign did. Blue voter, voting red!

Posted by: Victor Flores | July 16, 2008 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Personally - I say to all you Clinton loving schmucks...keep your money. When Obama wins, we will remember that you were sore losers, and you will pay the consequence of your perfidy.

Clintonitis = a disease manifested by obnoxiousness, self-righteousness, and a false knowledge of one's one smartness.

Posted by: Daddio on the Paddio | July 16, 2008 3:32 PM | Report abuse

CAUTION READERS: "Blueeagle1" is a redneck republican trying to disguise hisself as a Democrat. All he is is a "rat".

Posted by: Anonymous | July 16, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

It amazes me to see so many of you Clinton haters spew your critizism. From your comments, I gather most of you don't know your history or don't care to research it. During the Clinton years, ten million new jobs were added to the work force. Unemployment and inflation was the lowest in 28 years. It was a very prosperous time for all. Sure, Pres. Clinton made some mistakes in his personal life, as did many other Presidents, however, it did not affect me personally and I recall the best ecomony in my lifetime. I voted for Hillary because I feel she is the most qualified. Her campaign was affected by the biased media and the DNC and many of her supporters will not forget this. I am disalllusioned (sp) with the Democratic Party and for that reason have not made up my mind who I will vote for in November. I will wait and see how the two candidates fare in the next months and will watch the Conventions before I make my decision.

Posted by: s. r. | July 16, 2008 2:20 PM | Report abuse

i wonder if Hillary intends to run in Kentucky or Indiana? although, she is out supporting Obama now we remember how she used the racial divide to win an election. We remember how the Clintons conspired with Rush Limbaugh, a racist conservative republican to whip up white sentiment away from Obama, to win an election. We remember her saying a black man cannot win in America. We remember how she pitted latinos against black, women against men, old against young. Plus, she is not a native new Yorker. Hillary can no longer win New York. But, perhaps her racist supporters will vote for her in the Appalacians, West Virginia

Posted by: Harriet | July 16, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Vote for Pedro!

Posted by: ShaneW | July 16, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Sen Clinton was just pandering for some extra money. Same old narcissistic behavior that made her so famous or infamous depending on your outlook. It so nice to not care what the fools who adore her do. What a difference a few months make.

Posted by: G8tr | July 16, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

I would like to say that I was going to vote Dem.but I just can't put my finger on it but there is something shady with O'BAMA ,if all you O'BAMA backers would step back & look at what has been going on with him you will see just how much flip-floping he's done from the start of the race. I can't beleive that the Clintons'are behind O'BAMA ,I'm sure a lot of things went on in the Clinton day's just like it does with every president that get's in office.Now you are reading something from an African American.I have never voted anything but Dem.& if I don't vote it will just give O'BAMA another vote so Lord help me it looks like I'm going to have to go the other way.

Posted by: blueagle1 | July 16, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Hillary and Bill will never go away! Have we not had enough of the lying, the horrible behavior of a former president? Having Hillary on Obama's ticket would be a repeat of the "get one free" deal. Imagine Hillary is a "package" -- she comes with Bill. What fun in the White House with Hillary, Bill, Obama and Michele all roaming the halls.

Posted by: Ellen | July 16, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Thankfully - we will never have another Clinton or Bush President.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 16, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

I have nothing but respect for Hillary Clinton. I think that she's a conscientious and dedicated public servant, and would have made a fantastic president. Most Obama supporters are in line with this thinking.

That said, I have nothing but contempt for the people she surrounded herself with during the primary campaign. The sheer audacity to try to make this a coronation, followed by a strategy with no other purpose but to marginalize the candidacy, as well as the character, of Barack Obama, were unacceptable. I do not deny that the Obama campaign hit back with similar venom, but the operative here is "back". It was almost entirely self-defense.

Terry McAuliffe and company went way over the line, and forced the Obama campaign to come across it later.

Posted by: JamesCH | July 16, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Seriously, will the crazy Clinton wackos ever quit. It's over!

You claim Obama is sinking, yet every poll shows him winning. And the election would be a blowout if not for the damage that YOUR candidate did to the party.

It must be a miserable existence for all of you miserable PUMA folks. Your numbers are dwindling by the hour. If the Clintons cost the Democrats this election, the country will never forgive them.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 16, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Clinton for President----no flip/flopping amateur.

Posted by: greenfun | July 16, 2008 10:19 AM

------------------------

You're absolutely right. Hillary Clinton is not a flip/flopping amateur. She's most definitely a professional flip/flopper.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 16, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

For all of you who spend time hating the one who actually put out thorough progressive policy proposals rather than rhetoric which is now being backed out of---stop the hating. Resolve your issues with a therapist about females/your mothers and recognize that a woman who got 50% of the vote and who is brilliant on policy deserves respect- now move on and find something else to write about.

I am a leftist/activist with a 24 year history with the party who voted for her for policy reasons and now it is pissing me off that a bunch of self-righteous, arrogant neophystes with limited understanding of history or politics continue to spew hatred. Your guy got the nomination (let's not talk about how)- and we're mostly on board- don't piss us off because you need to diefy a POLITICIAN -

Posted by: | July 16, 2008 12:54 AM
*************
amen Anonymous!

Posted by: Echo21 | July 16, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Looks like she's just trying to figure out a way to keep the money ....."For her future Senate race" yeah, right...

Posted by: Anonymous | July 16, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

thank god we are finally rid of this detetestable incompetent

Posted by: th stinkmeister | July 16, 2008 11:12 AM | Report abuse

SAVE OUR COUNTRY.
WAKE UP DNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Clinton for President----no flip/flopping amateur.

Posted by: greenfun | July 16, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Look, Clinton is terrorizing the democratic party. She has no class.

In 2000 she stabbed Gore in the back. Hard. I was there.

In 2008, she and her husband ran a mean-spirited campaign. She had all of the advantages: superdelegates, name recognition, early calendar, etc. She ran a horrible campaign. And she lost.

To blame it on the media or Obama simply proves that some people are irrational and now want.... revenge. The PUMA people just reinforce all of the bad stereotypes that men have of women.

I honestly hope that all the people who wanted the Clinton Family Drama and the Enemies List and Filegate and all that bs... I hope you go to the dark side and start politicking with David Duke and Pat Buchanan and Fox News. To me, Hillary is just as bad as the Dixiecrats.

The moral, progressive democratic party doesn't need psychos like Clinton. Go! Leave! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Posted by: JR, Boston | July 16, 2008 1:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | July 16, 2008 12:54 AM | Report abuse

Or they can take the money back and just send in cash in small bills with no markings for Bill.

Posted by: arkansas grandpa | July 16, 2008 12:40 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Hillary can get her Republican apologists at the FOX NEWS CHANNEL to throw a fundraiser for her.pOOR hILLARY.

Posted by: majorteddy | July 16, 2008 12:37 AM | Report abuse

Being July, I truly hope these folks are on their summer vacations and don't quite meet the deadline.

Giving money back must be really painful for any Clinton.

Hee Hee Hee. I love it.

Posted by: Susan | July 16, 2008 12:35 AM | Report abuse

What a curious string of comments.

I've donated to Hillary in the past, but she turned me off in this campaign.

At this point -- especially in this economy -- I'm not anxous about giving her any money. She seems to have quite enough. I only wish I could have gotten my prior donations back.

As for the rest of you sour grapes, take our money and go away.

Posted by: helen | July 16, 2008 12:08 AM | Report abuse

Sen. Clinton,

Just a quick note to say that you have pissed off the moral, progressive center of the new democratic party.

By trotting out your surrogates - Shaheen, Johnson, Kerry, Bill, Ferraro, et al. - and taking the dem primary into the gutter you showed that you are utterly immoral and utterly incapable of running a large scale operation well.

Some things people can learn. A 60 year old woman with bad character... I don't think you have ever cared about anyone other than your own darn selfish self. Your husband is a tool, and if he had not lost the plot Al Gore would have been President for 8 years and you could have followed that up.

But you and your husband were a nightmare. We thought we were getting Aaron Sorkin's West Wing, and we got the Clinton Family Drama.

Please go away. Whether its the Supreme Court or Albany, please just leave us alone.

Some of us are nice people, and we deserve better. Some of us know exactly who you are- and we will not be fooled again.

My friends who worked in your husband's admin thought that he was nice but that you were, how she we say, to borrow from Barbara Bush, a word that rhymes with rich.

Character determines fate. I hope you enjoy the face that you see in the mirror. I, for one, wish that you and your husband would just leave us alone so that we can skip the drama, the enemies list, and the self-centered bs.

We have real problems to solve. If you had a shred of decency, you would stand down.

Posted by: JR, Boston | July 15, 2008 11:21 PM | Report abuse

I've never donated a dime to Hillary or Bill and never will. Nevertheless, I'm surprised, although I shouldn't be, by her chutzpah in asking donors to help reelect her to the Senate in four years time. That's just when Barack Obama will be winning his second term as President. Obviously, Billary have no intention of supporting Obama this year. If you want to waste your money on two losers, feel free to contribute. Meanwhile, I'm sending another contribution to Senator Obama tonight.

Posted by: David S. Robins | July 15, 2008 11:19 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe she wants to go back to the graveyard of the senate. When it really comes time to run, she won't. She has money and I am sure she would rather much like her husband lecture, travel, write books, make speeches and be on the world stage in any number of ways. The senate is a morgue and most are just stuck there but she doesn't need to be there anymore. She lived in the white house for Gods sake, what the hell does she want with the senate. My father was a senator by the way, the job stinks. Hillary will be out of there in a heart beat. She is like 60 years old who needs it, especially now at this point in her life.

==========
"
Mrs. Clinton's job approval rating among all New Yorkers, at 61 percent, remains high" from the NY times poll June 16, 2008-

I ama NYer- we are smart- she is still popular here because she is a good senator- you know one who actually spent a term in office...

Leon

Posted by: | July 15, 2008 10:03 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | July 15, 2008 10:41 PM | Report abuse

Wrong David

"

Leon

Posted by: Anonymous | July 15, 2008 10:03 PM | Report abuse

... and the whining continues ...

Posted by: Anonymous | July 15, 2008 9:50 PM | Report abuse

Senator Clinton is the most competent, sensitive, and courageous presidential candidate in US history. She heard our call, "Hillary don't quit" and she did not quit. She made us - women and men who love and support women - proud by competing in all the primaries and earning the support of 18 million voters. Hillary won more votes than any presidential candidate in history. Hillary never gave up. Sexist comments did not stop her. The biased media did not stop her. Racist comments did not stop her. Misogyny did not stop her. The fact that Obama outspent her in every state did not stop her. 18 million voters support Hillary and this number continues to increase as Obama's supporters realize that Obama does not plan to honor the promises he made during the primary campaign.

The DNC leaders used manipulation and coercion to force superdelegates to endorse Obama before the convention. Obama did not win the nomination. He was selected by DNC party leaders who are threatened by Hillary Clinton's intelligence, courage, and public support. The DNC, Obama, and his supporters are afraid that Hillary would win the nomination at an open convention; they want to eliminate the Roll Call. These thugs will do anything; even put our country at risk of economic collapse, to ensure Hillary is not nominated at the convention.

FYI: A week after she suspended her presidential nomination campaign, Hillary traveled to western New York to assist farmers whose farms were severely damaged by heavy hailstorms in the area. She continues to work on issues that are most important to us. This is the Hillary we all know. Donors who contributed to Hillary's General Election Fund will not lose if they transfer all or part of their contribution to Hillary's 2012 Senate Campaign fund.

Draft Hillary! Just Say NO DEAL!!! PUMA

Posted by: Carmine | July 15, 2008 9:48 PM | Report abuse

" ... she was cheated out of the nomination ... "

When will this whining subside?

Sheeesh.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 15, 2008 9:47 PM | Report abuse

She's not really that popular here in NY either. The jobs she promised, didn't come.

Posted by: David | July 15, 2008 9:40 PM | Report abuse

It is for her 2012 senate race. not the presidency.

++++++++
I say "keep it"! I maxed out and am happy to support her in 2012.

Its our loss that she was cheated out of the nomination by the weaklings at the DNC and superdelegates.

Obama is sinking....

Posted by: bz | July 15, 2008 7:10 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | July 15, 2008 9:33 PM | Report abuse

Well, the sick minds are on the loose again as evidence by some of the comments today.

One wonders if it is an acquired trait or something they learned from their parents while swinging from the trees.

Posted by: Fred C Dobbs | July 15, 2008 9:16 PM | Report abuse

How about if Marc Rich and the other 455 people BubbaJeff pardoned, and his rich Arab buddies, retire HRC's campaign debt?

It may be illegal, but so what? That never stopped the Clintons before.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 15, 2008 9:11 PM | Report abuse

sorry- my stats were off- only 11% better than Obama this year. I remembered them wrong:
62.6%
Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)
Representing: Arizona
Votes: 387 votes missed (62.6%), 231 votes cast
50.3%
Sen. Tim Johnson (D-SD)
Representing: South Dakota
Votes: 311 votes missed (50.3%), 307 votes cast
Note: Sen. Johnson suffered a brain hemorrhage on Dec. 13, 2006, and spent several months recovering. He has since returned to the Senate.
43.7%
Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL)
Representing: Illinois
Votes: 270 votes missed (43.7%), 348 votes cast
32.7%
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY)

Posted by: Anonymous | July 15, 2008 9:01 PM | Report abuse

Let's see in her 8 years in the senate- she has had top attendance ratios every year except this year, when she had an almost 50% ratio, which is 16% higher than Obama's attendance and 25% higher than McCain's. She also did not pull no-votes on controversial issues such as Iran, etc. that the other two candidates did. Her record is stronger than any of the others. Why so much hate? You already got the nomination by political means- perhaps it is time to do some Yoga or talk to your therapists about the issues you have with females/your mothers and let go of some of the hate. For each and every accusation you throw at her, one easily can present an Obama parallel. Let go. I'm voting for him but with waning enthusiasm as you all won't let go of your hateful words- I chose her because she actually had solid progressive stands on the issues rather than fluffy rhetoric which is easy to back out of and look...he has backed out of positions on multiple items...But I accept him as the best of the current choices- now get over hating on her.

Giving the donors the choice is the right thing to do- if she walked on water you all would complain that she was acting like she was above walking on land like the rest of us- she is an amazing person and MY amazing senator and I think she deserves respect.

Leon

Posted by: Anonymous | July 15, 2008 8:53 PM | Report abuse

Clinton has not "ceded" the nomination to Obama. She has only suspended her campaign, not ended it. She will win the Democratic nomination in August.

Obama's Money Cartel, by Pam Martens

Why Obama Represents Bush's Third Term, by Rosemary Regello

PUMA Democrat

Posted by: Anonymous | July 15, 2008 8:46 PM | Report abuse

look coke can idiot- by your name you are very mature.

If you don't live in NY than please don't speak- she is still immensely popular around here. You know, she may not be popular with die-hard Obamites- who ran a campaign mostly on not being her- but she did get 18 million votes, one half of those who voted in the nomination- she is not unpopular- she still polls 68% approval in the African American community and that is after a real job was done on her presenting anything she said or did as racist despite all evidence to the contrary.

Anyhow, if she is not one of Obama's supreme court justices or Vice president, or running for governor here in NY, she will most assureadly by reelected Senator by another landslide- and not just because she is running against some guy with a sex scandal or Alan Keyes.

Leon

Posted by: Anonymous | July 15, 2008 8:43 PM | Report abuse

only $11 million to go... but I doubt she run's for Senate. She has lost the black vote.

Posted by: pubichaironmycokecan | July 15, 2008 8:35 PM | Report abuse

what a huckster. New York really got no representation, maybe that is why the market has all but crashed, the commodities markets, Hedge Funds. All on hold till we get that 45 million back into her hedge fund.

Posted by: angriestdogintheworld | July 15, 2008 8:09 PM | Report abuse

Or maybe a 2012 presidential run...

Posted by: matt | July 15, 2008 7:47 PM | Report abuse

I suggest they add "Go Away" to the list of options.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 15, 2008 7:22 PM | Report abuse

I say "keep it"! I maxed out and am happy to support her in 2012.

Obama is sinking....

Posted by: bz | July 15, 2008 7:10 PM | Report abuse

give money back now and let voters decide later if they are up for a 2012 support for you bid for the white house again.

Posted by: jac | July 15, 2008 6:57 PM | Report abuse

No brainer - Give the money back!

Posted by: Anonymous | July 15, 2008 6:24 PM | Report abuse