Kerry Accuses GOP of 'Character Assassination'

By Zachary A. Goldfarb
The 2004 Democratic presidential nominee accused the campaign of Sen. John McCain of trying to impugn the character of Sen. Barack Obama in this year's presidential race.

"They're trying to scare you," Sen. John F. Kerry (Mass.) said on NBC's "Meet the Press." "They are engaged in character assassination."

"They've decided they can't win on the issues, so they've decided to try to destroy his character," Kerry said, quoting his Senate colleague Russ Feingold (D-Wis.).

Kerry's comments alluded to a McCain TV advertisement that debuted last week. The ad, which compared Obama to celebrities such as Paris Hilton and Britney Spears, raised an important point, McCain ally Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman (I-Conn.) said on NBC.

"Notwithstanding his celebrity status, is Barack Obama ready to serve?" said Lieberman, the 2000 Democratic vice presidential candidate.

He said the question was particularly relevant after Obama's trip to Europe, where 200,000 people turned out in Berlin to hear him speak. "We're not deciding who's our favorite celebrity," Lieberman said. "We're doing something very serious."

Kerry countered, "It tries to insinuate that his celebrity is all [Obama] has." The Massachusetts senator added that, for McCain, who in the past has rejected negative campaigning, "This is a complete contradiction."

For his part, Lieberman focused on a statement by Obama last week that caused a stir. The Illinois senator said in Missouri that his opponents are going to try to instill worries in voters by emphasizing Obama is an unfamiliar figure who "doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

The McCain campaign quickly accused Obama of playing the race card.

"You're making a personal insult to John McCain," Lieberman said. "This man does not have a bigoted bone in his body," he added, noting that the Arizona senator and his wife have adopted a child from Bangladesh.

Continue reading at The Talk »

By Post Editor  |  August 3, 2008; 2:09 PM ET
Categories:  Sunday Talkies
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Obama Signs On to Three Debates
Next: Bill Clinton to ABC: 'I Am Not a Racist'

Comments

ho

Posted by: Anonymous | August 15, 2008 12:12 AM | Report abuse

John Kerry always seems to be engaged in a campaign to rehabilitate his image because he lost what was a winnable election in 2004. He wants you to believe that he was on the verge of winning before he was taken down by the swiftboat ads. Once he made his service in the divisive Vietnam conflict the centerpiece of his campaign he could have forseen something like the Swiftboat Veterans for Truth and had a response ready. But he had nothing.

That being said, the John McCain ad that calls Obama a celebrity is pretty mild even with the pictures Paris Hilton and Britney Spears. It does address the bigger issue of what Barack Obama has to offer other than charisma. If Obama wants to refute the celebrity ad then he should start offering specific stands on issues rather than empty oratory and having tired old figures such as Kerry try to do his work for him.

Posted by: danielhancock | August 5, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Volunteered interstate including flying to FL for the day for Kerry- but the reason he lost- which I didn't get at the time- is because of his personality- he is a AH.

I am supproting Barak- so this is not about liking McCain- it is about self-serving politics.

Kerry is trying to increase his sphere of influence by backing the "winning horse". He slanders McCain with age accusations and says he is not trustworthy, yet this is the guy that he offered his vice presidency to first in 04. What a hypocrite.

This election cycle I finally get why as a lifelong Dem- I have watched us get trounced every 4 years. The party sucks.

Lets start a movement to ammend the constitution so we get a parliamentary system- this system is broken and Barak, who is benefitting from it, is surely not going to fix it. Even the money issue- he got 52% of his money from bundlers (although 90% of donors were small, their contributions only amount to

Leon

Posted by: Anonymous | August 5, 2008 12:24 AM | Report abuse

Obama pocketed about 400,000 of windfall profit from oil company employees for his campaign.. this is hypocracy at best..

He is trying to fool us by $1000.. aren't going to work... We do not know what he stands for.. Obama back to back flip flops make Kerry, the master flip flopper looks descent :)

Posted by: manni | August 4, 2008 9:55 PM | Report abuse

The pundits are wrong. Why don't they do a poll and ask the American people if they would prefer $1,000 dollars Obama is offering from oil companies profits now or wait 7-10 years until Mccain can produce a drop of oil. Which one would you choose?

I'll take the $1,000. dollars now

They should do a poll, they do one on everything else.

Posted by: Janice | August 4, 2008 6:56 PM | Report abuse

I'll take the $1,000. dollars now

They should do a poll, they do one on everything else.

Posted by: Janice | August 4, 2008 6:56 PM | Report abuse

I'll take the $1,000. dollars now

They should do a poll, they do one on everything else.

Posted by: Janice | August 4, 2008 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Lieberman's audience should be confined to himself, all he really cares about.

Posted by: Old Cowhand | August 4, 2008 6:22 PM | Report abuse

Iconoblaster........There was no Judaic religion when Moses was on this earth. The so-called "Jews" who screamed for Jesus' crucifixtion were Kenites who had infiltrated the Levitical Priest line. Jesus said so, are you calling him a liar????.Stop using present day definitions of the languages to prove your point. Use the definitions as they were meant in that day & age. People like you are the reason people don't know how to read the Bible correctly!

Posted by: caroltate2 | August 4, 2008 6:08 PM | Report abuse

And dare I forget. McCain cannot even get simple geography straight regarding the critical borders between Afaghanistan and Pakistan. And...And I don't want anybody to re write history for political gain. Posted by: joan black | August 4, 2008 2:01 PM************Oh so you agree that bama is correct in stating there are 57 U.S. States???? The only truth in bama's bios is that he was born & he still hasn't proven where that was yet. Has bama produced an "original" BC from whereever that was yet? The one he put up on his site is a completely proven fake! His white grandparents aren't Christians, they're communists, his paternal father & ancestors are Arab. Kenya classifies the obama family as Arab-Africans not black, his step-father was radical muslims, his whole family (Luo Tribe) are radical muslims responsible for murdering thousands of non-muslims after bama's first cousin-Raila Odinga lost the presidential race in Kenya. Not once has bama denounced any of these people for what they are & for what they've done. But you think that bama is the perfect person to be president of a country that he & his entire family hate????? You repugn McCain's & the rest of us elderly folk's characters. Being disabled according to you bamabots is a disgrace & none of us is worthy of living according to you guys! Being old is not acquiring wisdom or intelligence just being young & stupid is the way for this country to go. What have any of you bamabots done for this country, nothing, just like bama you were just born living like parasites off this great country that was given to you by the elderly & disabled whom you can't wait to die so you can destroy this country!. SHAME ON YOU ALL! nobama'08 or EVER~

Posted by: caroltate2 | August 4, 2008 5:51 PM | Report abuse

caroltate2's post, while interesting, commits this logical blunder: while the (Hebrew?) word from which the modern English term "Jew" was derived may have referred only to a person of the tribe of Judah, rather than to any of the "Children of Israel", the modern word refers either to a person who practices Judaism OR to a person descended (on his mother's side) from the ethnic group that practiced this religion...the word can be used to describe religion or ethnicity, but by either usage, Moses was certainly Jewish. It makes no sense in discussion to rely on an obscure definition for a foreign antecedent of an English word, rather than the current definition of the actual word.

Posted by: Iconoblaster | August 4, 2008 5:41 PM | Report abuse

No..NO.. he didnt say, no one said McCain is bigoted.... he just has no character... he knows that many white voters ARE bigoted, and hes using that agaist Barack.. Period.Posted by: FormerRepub | August 4, 2008 3:43 PM ******** Hmmm, now let me get this straight McCain supporters ARE bigoted & racists cause they WILL NOT support bama. Yet blacks ARE NOT bigoted or racist when even tho they don't agree with bama's political views they still vote for him cause he's black (as they say "of their tribe"?) 50%white, 43.75%arab, 6.25%black - may I ask which one IS bama's tribe? You're as double=faced as your bamawhiney is! posted by Former Democrat voting for the entire U.S.A. peoples not some black tribe.........nobama'08 or EVER!

Posted by: caroltate2 | August 4, 2008 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Are you a Christian, or Jewish? (Moses was Jewish ; ******** The word Jew originally meant someone born into or living in the land of Judah (the king line)(one of the 12 tribes of Israel), Moses was born into the tribe of Levi which was the priest line, Moses was not a Jew!!!! Christian means "Christ's Man", Jesus was born of the King line (Judah) & the Priest line (Levi). He will come back as our King of Kings & our Chief Priest not some pompous, egotistical pretender like bama (who wants you to believe he is the "black" messiah). The 12 tribes of Israel were straight Adamic stock which means he was light skinned. Adamic means able to see blood in the face, ruddy complected not black. bama is probably born of the Kenite line (children of Cain). bama cannot be a Christian as he believes in the Black Theology which states Jesus was black. He is his father's son in words & actions!

Posted by: caroltate2 | August 4, 2008 5:10 PM | Report abuse

How can McCain debate any of the issues with bama, when bama refuses to debate anyone? Hillary showed him up for what he really was, a bumbling, stuttering fool that can't even talk intelligently without a teleprompter in front of him showing words that someone else has written for him to say! Have you seen the video where he was heckled by some blacks, uh, uh, uh you have the right to vote for someone else! bama's character stinks. If it smells like & stinks it's BO......nobama'08 or EVER!

Posted by: caroltate2 | August 4, 2008 4:55 PM | Report abuse

To "McCain's a racist": the ad you reference in your post below could feature anyone's picture. It has nothing to do with race or racism unless you somehow have determined any attack on Obama for any reason is racist. This of course, would make you a racist.

Attached is a link to an ad that McCain's camp launched in June 2008. They clearly used race as a bait. The ad is pitiful. You decide who played the race card first.

My concern is that the media has failed to show this ad and have failed to comment or demand answers to McCain about this ad. We, the American people should demand the media to question McCain's camp about his ad. He has clearly played the race card first. What a shame. This old man is pitiful..and to think that he wants to be in charge of our country which is aready frucked up! My Gosh!

Posted by: Don | August 4, 2008 4:55 PM | Report abuse

It bears repeating. McCain's accusations are hypocrisy...if a comment about the faces on dollar bills is "playing the race card", then THE MCCAIN CAMP played it first...before they began howling that Obama was doing it. You don't have to take my word for it, see for yourself:

And Lieberman? A whiney, disloyal, dishonest punk. Why would anyone take anything he says seriously?

Posted by: Iconoblaster | August 4, 2008 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Noone has to impugn bama's character, he does a super job all by himself. Nobama '08 or EVER!

Posted by: caroltate2 | August 4, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

A BLAST FROM THE PAST!

This is what the democrats want you to make as our next president:

1.)" Selma Got Me Born": - your parents felt safe enough to have you in 1961 - Selma had no effect on your birth, as Selma was in 1965.

2.) "Father Was A Goat Herder": - he was a privileged, well educated youth, who went on to work with the Kenyan Government.

3.) "Father Was A Proud Freedom Fighter": - he was part of one of the most corrupt and violent governments Kenya has ever had.

4.)" My Family Has Strong Ties To African Freedom": - your cousin Raila Odinga has created mass violence in attempting to overturn a legitimate election in 2007, in Kenya. It is the first widespread violence in Decades.

5.) "My Grandmother Has Always Been A Christian": - she does her daily " Salat " prayers at 5 a.m. according to her own interviews. Not to mention, Christianity wouldn't allow her to have been 'one' of 14 wives to 1 man.

6.) "My Name is African; Swahili": - your Name is Arabic and 'Baraka' ( from which Barack came ) means 'blessed' in that language . Hussein is also Arabic, and so is OBAMA .

7.) "I Never Practiced Islam": - you practiced it daily at school, where you were Registered as a MUSLIM and kept that Faith for 31 years, until your wife made you change, so You could run for Office.

8.) "My School In Indonesia Was Christian": - you were Registered as MUSLIM there, and got in trouble in Koranic Studies for 'making faces' ( according to your own book ).

9.)" I Was Fluent In Indonesian": - not One teacher said you could speak that Language.

10.) "Because I Lived In Indonesia, I Have More Foreign Experience": - You were there from the ages of 6 to 10, and couldn't even speak the language.

11.) "I Am Stronger On Foreign Affairs": - except for Africa and the Middle East, you have never been Anywhere else on the planet and have NO Experience with Our closest Allies .

12.) "I Blame My Early Drug Use On Ethnic Confusion": - you were quite content in High School to be "Barry" Obama, no mention of KENYA and no mention of ' struggle to Identify ' - your classmates said You were just fine.

13.) "An EBONY Magazine Article Moved Me To Run For Office": - Ebony has yet to find the Article you mention in your Book . It doesn't, and Never did , exist .

14.) "A LIFE Magazine Article Changed My Outlook On Life": - Life has yet to find the Article you mention in your Book. It doesn't, and never did, exist..

15.) "I Won't Run On A National Ticket In '08": - here you are, despite saying, "live" on TV, that You would Not have enough Experience by then, and You are all about, having: 'Experience First' .

16.) "Present Votes Are Common In Illinois": - they are common for YOU, but not many others have 130 " NO VOTES " .

17.) "Oops, I Mis-voted": - only when caught by Church groups and democrats, did you beg to change your mis-vote.

18.) "I Was A Professor Of Law": - you were a " senior lecturer ", ON LEAVE .

19.) "I Was A Constitutional Lawyer": - you were a "senior lecturer" ON LEAVE !

20.) "Without Me, There Would Be No Ethics Bill": - You didn't Write it, Introduce it, Change it, nor Create it!

21.) "The Ethics Bill Was Hard To Pass": - it took just 14 days from Start to Finish .

22.) "I Wrote A Tough Nuclear Bill": - your Bill was Rejected by Your own Party for its pandering and LACK of all Regulation - mainly because of your Nuclear Donor, EXELON from which, DAVID AXELROD came .

23.) "I Have Released My State Records": - as of March 2008, State Bills You sponsored or voted for, have Yet to be released, exposing all the " special-interests pork " hidden, within .

24.) "I Took On The Asbestos Altgeld Gardens mess": - you were Part of a large group of people who 'remedied' Altgeld Gardens. You failed to mention Anyone else but Yourself in your books.

25.) "My Economics Bill Will Help America": - your 111 economic policies were just combined into a Proposal which Lost 99 - 0 , and even YOU voted AGAINST Your own bill.

26.) "I Have Been A Bold Leader In Illinois": - even your own Supporters claim to have "not seen" BOLD action, on Your part.

27.)" I Passed 26 Of My Own Bills In One Year": - they were Not YOUR Bills, but rather handed "TO" You after their creation by a fellow Senator, to assist You in a Future bid for higher Office.

28.) "No One Contacted Canada About N.A.F.T.A": - the Canadian Government issued the names and " a Memo of " the CONVERSATION, Your Campaign had with Them .

29.) "I Am Tough On Terrorism": - you missed the Iran Resolution Vote on Terrorism and your good friend ALI ABUNIMAH supports the Destruction of Israel.

30.) "I Am Not Acting As President, Yet": - after the N.A.F.T.A. Memo, a dead terrorist in the F.A.R.C. in Colombia, was found with a letter stating how You and he, were working Together on getting F.A.R.C. recognized Officially.

31.) "I Didn't Run Ads In Florida": - you allowed National ads to run 8-12 times per Day, for TWO weeks - and you still : Lost .

32.) "I Won Michigan": - No You Didn't.

33.) "I won Nevada": - NO You did NOT.

34.) "I Want All Votes To Count": - you said: " let the Delegates decide ".

35.) "I Want Americans To Decide": - you prefer Caucuses that Limit the Vote, Confuse the voters, Force a Public vote, and only operate during Small 'windows' of time .

36.) "I passed 900 Bills in the State Senate": - you passed 26 ; most of which you didn't write Yourself.

37.) "My Campaign Was Extorted By A Friend": - that friend had threatened to sue if you Did Not stop Saying this. ( You stopped saying it. )

38.) "I Believe In Fairness, Not Tactics": - you used "Tactics" to eliminate Alice PALMER from running against you.

39.) "I Don't Take P.A.C. Money": - you take loads of it.

40.) "I don't 'have' Lobbysists": - you have over 47 Lobbyists, and counting.

41.) "My Campaign Had Nothing To Do With The 1984 Advertisement" - your own campaign worker made the ad' on his Apple in one afternoon !

42.) "My Campaign Never Took Over MySpace": - Tom who started MySpace issued a Warning about this advertising, to MySpace clients.

43.) "I Inspire People With My Words": - you inspire people with OTHER people's Words.

44.) "I Have Passed Bills In The U. S. Senate": - you have passed "A BILL", in the U. S. Senate - for Africa, which shows YOUR priorities.

45.) "I Have Always Been Against Iraq": - you weren't 'in Office' to vote against it, unlike Kucinich who seems to be out gutting You, Obama ; AND, you have voted to Fund it Every single time . You also seem to be 'stepping back', from your Departure date - AGAIN .

46.) "I Have Always Supported Universal Health Care": - your 'plan' leaves us All to Pay the narrow 15,000,000 who 'don't have to' Buy it.

47.) "I Only Found Out About My Investment Conflicts Via Mail": - both Companies, You cite as having sent you letters about this Conflict, have " No Record " of Any such letter ever being created, or sent.

48.) "I Am As Patriotic As Anyone": - you won't wear a Flag pin and you don't put your hand over your heart during the National Anthem.*** Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Hussein Obama was forced to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played. "As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides," - Barack Hussein Obama ... Obama went on to say, "There are a lot of people in the world to Whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.'

49.) "My Wife Didn't Mean What She Said About Pride In Country": - your wife's words follow lock-step in the vein of WRIGHT and FARRAHKAN, in relation to their Contempt and hatred of America .

50.) "WAL-MART Is a Company I Wouldn't Support": - your WIFE has received nearly a Quarter of a Million dollars through " TREEHOUSE ", which is connected to Wal-Mart.

Is this what you want for our next president? Nobama '08 or EVER!

Posted by: caroltate2 | August 4, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

JC_VA:

Do you believe that John Sidney McCain III is a racist?

Posted by: JakeD | August 4, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Senator Kerry has the first hand experience of GOP's "Character Assassinations" attack machine.
Since McCain can't intelligently debate about critical issues such as the economy, Iraq & Afghanistan wars, energy crises, the housing crisis, the credit crisis and stagflations without a gaffe, they are trying to distract the American people with a relentless Obama character assassination "Swift boating"! McCain's vision is blinded by the combinations of boundless ambition and sense of entitlement--he thinks the presidency belongs to him! His age (senile) and temper propensities are not helping either.

Posted by: JC_VA | August 4, 2008 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Senator Kerry has a first hand experience of GOP's "Character Assassinations" attack machine.
Since McCain can't intelligently debate about critical issues such as the economy, Iraq & Afghanistan wars, energy crises, the housing crisis, the credit crisis and stagflations without a gaffe, they are trying to distract the American people with relentless Obama character assassination! McCain's vision is blinded by the combinations of boundless ambition and since of entitlement--that he thinks the presidency belongs to him! His age (senile) and temper propensities are not helping either.

Posted by: JC_VA | August 4, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: FormerRepub | August 4, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Lucy | August 4, 2008 1:42 PM

Posted by: McCain's a racist! | August 4, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

joan black:
"At least Barack Obama can talk!"

But he can't talk his way out of spending 20 years with his children in Wright's hate-filled church. Actions tell the true story, not words.

Posted by: Billw | August 4, 2008 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Hey FakeJakeD, are still your braces tightened? Get your own handle if you want to post on the WaPo.

Posted by: JakeD | August 4, 2008 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Lieberman should just leave the party already, he is a disgrace. This years Zell Miller. I hope McNasty picks him for his VP, he did such a great job with FL for Gore. I wonder who the Right Wing hates more, blacks or Jews, I know, black jewish gays.

Posted by: patrick nyc | August 4, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

It's pretty clear the Mccain people don't have a clue what to do with their candidate.

=====
Not only is McCain engaged in character assisnation of Sen Obama, McCain is also engaged in ridiculing Christianity.

I am offended by the McCain ad "The One". First of all, I think the ad borders on being sacreligious. (McCain says they were having a little fun.)I do not find it funny or clever!

For McCain to draw on religious personalities to advance his political career is anti-Christian and is insulting to serious Christians. McCain does himself no favor by trying to place important religious figures in the middle of the political playing field. It shows a lack of respect for Christianity and those of us who respect such religious figures.

McCain has no shame. The code name McShame is becoming more and more relevant as I continue to look at this man!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Don't Use My Regligious Figures for Personal Gain:

That was the fake JakeD at 2:27 PM. My question to you at 2:21 PM still stands.

Posted by: JakeD | August 4, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Don't Use My Regligious Figures for Personal Gain, you just want all that Obama-Religion-Money dont you?

You are just greedy like the rest of the zealots who got mega $$$ during the Bush years and now you want more!!

Posted by: JakeD | August 4, 2008 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Don't Use My Regligious Figures for Personal Gain:

Are you a Christian, or Jewish? (Moses was Jewish ; )

Posted by: JakeD | August 4, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Don't Use My Regligious Figures for Personal Gain | August 4, 2008 2:16 PM | Report abuse

For the record, I do not "hate" Obama.

Posted by: JakeD | August 4, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Obama supporters know nothing about his past or just don't care. The MSM has done a good job covering for him.

If you want a rerun of the Carter years which was responsible for the oil problems we have today or worse yet, a rerun of the 1930s and the Democrats great experiment with socialism.

Posted by: genomega | August 4, 2008 2:07 PM | Report abuse

obama haters, you're idiots. nothing more to add to that. It's your mouths that should be shut. McCstank isn't half the man Obama is. He's just an old wrinkled hitleresk munchkin who can't remember what he had for breakfast....bushbutt cakes with milk, served on a bed of bushazzcheek lettuce. He's a old idiot the worst kind

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 2:05 PM | Report abuse

And dare I forget. McCain cannot even get simple geography straight regarding the critical borders between Afaghanistan and Pakistan. And I am so tired about the Surge debate. Please America, let's not re-write history to powder the nose of the right wing neo- cons. Before the Surge began there was a Civil War happening in Iraq. And before the Surge there was the Sunni Awakening. The Sunni Awakening was a new mind set among the Sunni tribes to not engage in the violence and combat anymore. And even more relevant was the Mighty Army's decision to assume a cease fire. So the virtual end of the civil war made the environment less violent. And then, of course, when the addition of more US troops happened ( or the " Surge") much of the trouble was all ready at bay. John McCain once again trying to re write history. You know John we Civilians are not that stupid. And I don't want anybody to re write history for political gain. That is very naughty.

Posted by: joan black | August 4, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

At least Barack Obama can talk! And, I might add, with great intelligence, accuracy and aplomb. John McCain is dumber than a bag of hair,or senile.Both are pretty bad. I agree with another blogger: I am sick of John McCain calling the POW card or the disabled card or the poor pitiful hero me card. I have even heard that he had it easy over there and most of the hype about his Vietnam imprisonment is a bunch of hyperbole.that info comes from a reliable source who's husband was over there when McCain was.And on top of this McCain has consistently not voted for the good of the veterans. He is a rich snob and could care less about the little foot soldier. I once used to respect him but noit anymore. He is pathetic. God help us if John McCain wins. After this last moron ( W) do we really need another? And John Lieberman is a turn coat hawk. these guys will stoop to lowest of the low. John McCain is not a here. Hero's don't lie and cheat to win. He is a loser.

Posted by: joan black | August 4, 2008 1:48 PM | Report abuse

I think Kerry should start worrying about his seat here in Massachusetts. The resentment and anger towards him is growing in rapid proportions. He should just shut his trap and start concentating on helping the residents of Mass. Also, it looks rather pathetic that the king of flip floppers is defending the prince of flip floppers.... Just shut up'''''

Posted by: LAMM01 | August 4, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Shut up Kerry. If you had any spine you would've gone hard after W and his cocaine use and exploited it to win the election 4 years ago. YOU HAD NO SPINE!

Posted by: JakeD | August 4, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Neil wrote: "Getting tired of Obama's mouth. He talks and talks and talks. Just like a girl."

A nice example of the quality of Republican political thought.

They can't even get their insults up above the third-grade level, much less their political/economic thought.

Posted by: drossless | August 4, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Republicans are the new global terrorists. They don't care for anything but their wallets. Freedom is the last thing they want us to have.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Neil:

He wouldn't debate Clinton. He's a girly boy.

Posted by: Billw | August 4, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Question please:

If Obama spent 20 years in Wright's hate-filled church, why is he running for President?

Posted by: Billw | August 4, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

This election is to serious to be debating about a dollar bill comment when THE McCAIN campaign ran a YOU TUBE AD in late JUNE with Obama's face on a $100.00 so for all you uninformed voters blame the MSM and journalist for not pointing out this fact but HuffPost has the story and link to the video.
Research for yourself everything they lie to us and I would be pissed if some one played me that stupid.

Posted by: Kevin | August 4, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

JOHN MCCAIN, PLAYING THE DISABILITY CARD HIS WHOLE CAREER.

Mccain has been playing the disability card for his entire career. No one dares tell the truth about him or challenge the war hero or say anything bad or he will tell you,
" MY ARMS HURT, MY ARMS HURT, I WAS A P.O.W., I AM A HERO ASK ANYBODY".
He gets away with murder, why, Hell, "HE IS DISABLED".
At one of his town hall meetings he even paraded around a half blind demented "Real" war hero with all his medals on exploiting him. He has been hiding behind his disability for so long I was actually glad in 2000 when Bush went after him. Enough is enough he had been living off this hero BS with no political substance what so ever long enough. Much of his past can not even be substantiated. He can not account for most of his medals, ask him. They were just handed to him because of who his father was. It has long been just assumed his military records have been altered and faked by his father. It's nice when your father is an Admiral. Two other men in his camp who collaborated with the enemy were threatened with execution as traders for doing the exact same thing Mccain himself admits doing in his book, except Mccain did it "30" times. But like I said, when your father is an Admiral your past can be what ever you say it is and after a while you even begin to believe it.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Getting tired of Obama's mouth. He talks and talks and talks. Just like a girl.

Posted by: Neil | August 4, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

The stupidity never ceases to amaze me. How can anyone support a group of hypocritical idiots who care nothing about the people? They preach anti-abortion but say to hell with the babies after they're born into a life of poverty. One they did not ask to be born into. Not to mention, they say they are pro-life but send 18 year old boys and girls to their deaths like a pawn in a chess game. They are against welfare unless you're a huge corporation. They turn their backs on hungry children in this country, the elderly and the sick and shut in yet they call themselves Christian. What would Jesus say?

Then to insult the intelligence of the American population with stupid ads and fear tactics. Personally I would never fall prey to these tactics. I'm not afraid of democrats, I'm afraid of my children starving (although I am in the so-called middle class and do have job). The Reblican fear tactics will not work on me, I'm more afraid of them then any stupid atttempt at manipulation by them.

As far as the "race card" goes, I can see racism oosing from some of the posts on this board. If it quacks like a duck an waddles like a duck, it's a duck. Obama has not played the so-called race card throughout this entire campaign. However, racism has continued to rear it's ugly head the entire time. Hillary has played the sex card and her supporters continue to (again it's evident in the posts here. BTW, she lost, get over it). McCain has played the disibiltiy card yet people continue to say a man who has not played the race card one time is playing it. Idiots. When we're all living in huts and rummaging through garbage cans because the American sheeple decided to be bullied into voting in another war-mongering, corporate-welfare giving Republican who's only goal is to keep the rich rich, make the poor poorer and the middle class poor most of those that are still in denial about the current state of this country will be forced to rethink their decisions. Of course by then, it will be to late.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Do angry old men really run this country?????????..................http://thefiresidepost.com/2008/08/04/nasty-campaigns-by-angry-old-men/

Posted by: Ohg Rea Tone | August 4, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Oh come on here what does that phony ultra
liberal loser phony traitor John Kerry know
about character,since Kerry has none,not
after Swift Boat John Kerry committed acts
of treason publically and before the US Congress now then.

And don't forgot Phony Viet Nam War "hero"
John Kerry took his own video camera to
Viet Nam to make himself look like Kerry
was somekind of Rambo and did phony videos
to appear "HEROIC" as well. NOBAMA 2008!

Posted by: Sherry Kay | August 4, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

No not even John Mccain. His military career was fabricated by his admiral father and his political career bought for him by his father in law.
----------
to #1:

only in america a moron like JM could have a chance to be elected president.

from europe

Posted by: ze | August 4, 2008 8:00 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

"This man does not have a bigoted bone in his body,"

What about the famous gorilla joke McCain use to tell?

Lieberman is a vile lying hypocrite whose days of political relevance are numbered. Think about it folks- this idiot was a democrate for how many years- and he is out on the campaign trail taking jabs at the democrat canidate

Posted by: Bill | August 4, 2008 9:27 AM | Report abuse

John Kerry was right on the money...they have nothing, nada, so they are going after Obama as a person. How pathetic.

I have to say, it takes a lot of gall to use this tactic if you are John McCain. Have fun in Sturgis, John. Wow.

Posted by: Susan | August 4, 2008 9:10 AM | Report abuse

to #1:

only in america a moron like JM could have a chance to be elected president.

from europe

Posted by: ze | August 4, 2008 8:00 AM | Report abuse

Only in America can a fake like Obama smooth talk his way into the White House. The guy's a salesman and his policies are all over the radar. Not one one them hasn't been changed. It shows how dumb the voting public is. Obama is not going to win California, not this time.

Posted by: Ericson | August 4, 2008 7:17 AM | Report abuse

Character IS a major issue in this race, so any time there are true issues re. NObama's character in ADs. etc. - NObama surrogates such as Kerry are going to charge "character assassination" (or make even worse accusations).

Joe Lieberman on "Meet the Press" is RIGHT.

McCAIN for President '08 !!

Posted by: CJB in CA | August 4, 2008 7:04 AM | Report abuse

Your right, he can't even manage his campaign much less the demands of the job of president. The funny part is, they way they are managing him. They have him on a 4 day work week with the campaign, he does none of his senatorial duties and he looks like it is still killing him. He seems like an old car you foolishly took on a trip and now are just babying along it trying to make it back home before it breaks down all together and you have to leave it on the side of the road. Mccain is so far from being up to the demands of the office he is running for it is a joke. I get up every morning and flip on the news to see what happened over night and half expect to see all the channels covering a massive stroke Mccain had.
==========

Weve been calling Mccain stupid all along because of his too many gaffes and mistakes and now we have proof. These ads are proof that Mccain isn't smart enough to lead us out of the challenges we face. How much intelligence did it take to make stupid ads like this. Mccain is an idiot.

Posted by: Frank | August 3, 2008 9:14 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 6:38 AM | Report abuse

What about the dollar Bill Mccain put Obama face to in June. Maybe thats what Obama was talking about. It wasn't mention on your blog at all. "Not even Kathy Hilton who called Mccain's ads a waste of his supporters money and time." Why would Mccain disrespect his supporters and inject their daughter into a political campaign. Thats very disrespectful now they have to hear their daughter called all kinds of names after giving Mccain $ 4,600. dollars in support of his candidacy. Mccain is an idiot and he shows no respect for people and he's arrogant and lacks judgement. He deserves Britney, Paris, and Obama an apology. Those poor girls have problems of their own.

Posted by: Jerry | August 4, 2008 2:45 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: maggieb | August 4, 2008 12:53 AM | Report abuse

From Richmond? Texas Times-Dispatch, Monday, July 7, 2008 ~?>
> Dear Editor, Times-Dispatch:?
> > 'Each year I get to celebrate Independence Day twice.? On June 30 I
> celebrate my > independence day, and on July 4? I celebrate? America 's. This year is special, > because it marks the 40Th anniversary of my independence.?>
> 'On June 30, 1968, I escaped Communist Cuba , and a few months later, I > was in
> the? United States?to stay.? That I happened to arrive in Richmond?on >
> Thanksgiving Day is just part of the story, but I digress.?>
> 'I've thought a lot about the anniversary this year.? The election-year
> rhetoric > has made me think a lot about? Cuba?and what transpired there.? In the late 1950s, most Cubans thought? Cuba?needed a change, and they were right.?
> So when a young leader came along, every Cuban was at least receptive.?>
> 'When the young leader spoke eloquently and passionately and denounced the old
> system, the press fell in love with him.? They never questioned who his
> friends > were or what he really believed in.? When he said he would help he
> farmers and the poor and bring free medical care and education to all, everyone
> followed.?> When he said he would bring justice and equality to all, everyone said,
> 'Praise > the Lord.' And when the young leader said, 'I will be for change and
> I'll bring you change,' everyone yelled, 'Viva Fidel!'? 'But nobody asked about the change, so by the time the executioner's guns went silent, the people's guns had been taken away.? By the time everyone was equal,> they were equally poor, hungry, and oppressed.? By the time everyone received their free education, it was worth nothing. By the time the press noticed, it >
> was too late, because they were now working for him.? By the time the
> change was > finally implemented,? Cuba ?had been knocked down a couple of notches to > Third-World status.? By the time the change was over, more than a > million
people had taken to boats, rafts, and inner tubes.? You can call those who made
> it ashore anywhere else in the world the most fortunate Cubans.? And now
> I'm back > to the beginning of my story.?
> 'Luckily, we would never fall in? America?for a young leader who promised change without asking, what change?? How
> will you carry it out?? What will it cost? > America ???
> 'Would we?'??
> Manuel Alvarez, Jr.
> ?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 12:52 AM | Report abuse

A PRAYER FOR ALL SEASONS

The Democrats are my shepherd; I shall not want.
They leadeth me to stilled factories and abandoned farms.
They restoreth my doubt about the future.
They anointeth my wages with taxes and inflation;
My expenses runneth over my income.
Surely poverty and hard living shall follow
And I shall work on a rented farm forever.

Five thousand years ago, Moses said,'Pack up your camel,
Pick up your shovel, move your ass, and I will lead you
To the promised land'.

Five thousand years later, Franklin Delano Roosevelt said,
'Lay down your shovel, sit on your ass, light up a camel,
This is the promised land'.

This year, the Democrats will take your shovel, sell your
Camel, kick your ass and tell you they gave away the promised land.

I'm glad I am an American. I'm glad I am free. Sometimes though,
I wish I were a dog, And all Democrats were trees.

Posted by: maggieb | August 4, 2008 12:42 AM | Report abuse

One thing is for sure. Obama is a skinny fag
_____

Oops:

http:www.armchairsubersive.com

Better a "skinny fag" than right-wing kiddiehawks.
_____

Paris Hilton version 2.0.

Posted by: Jackson | August 3, 2008 11:25 PM
_____

McSame oughta lay off the Rich Dumb Blonde angle. Given his herstory, I mean.

Posted by: ogg | August 3, 2008 11:51 PM | Report abuse

One thing is for sure. Obama is a skinny fag who's black and wants to be Paris Hilton version 2.0.

Posted by: Jackson | August 3, 2008 11:25 PM | Report abuse

John Kerry is a fag. He probably got touched a lot when he was in Vietnam. This is no 'character assaination'. This is the truth.

Posted by: Friends of Obama | August 3, 2008 11:21 PM | Report abuse

This whole 'dollar-bill' (i.e., 'race card') faux issue was hand-crafted by McCain, not Obama, as evidenced by this June 27, 2008 web ad created, funded, and posted by McCain's campaign:

Posted by: Thomas | August 3, 2008 10:39 PM | Report abuse

This whole 'dollar-bill' (aka 'race card) matter was created by McCain, not Obama, as evidenced by this June 27, 2008 web ad created, funded, and posted by McCain's campaign:

Posted by: Thomas | August 3, 2008 10:38 PM | Report abuse

I'm not an Obama backer, but I AM a card-carrying Clinton hater.

;)

My take on this dismal election year -

The Dems will gain big in Congress, certainly not because of any merit of their own, but because of all the Pub creeps like Stevens.

And I shudder to think of the thoroughly inept Pelosi and Reid leading us over a cliff. Socialism, here we come!

So - sigh - we need McCain in the White House to kinda, sorta, mebbe, blunt this disaster in front of us.

The only silver lining in THAT scenario would be a complete purge of activist judges from the SCOTUS. A pet cause o' mine.

Posted by: Chuckamok | August 3, 2008 10:02 PM | Report abuse

The Odinga - Obama revelation is shocking.

The media is failing to do their job of vetting Obama.

realdemocratsusa.org

Posted by: I | August 3, 2008 9:57 PM | Report abuse

Oh, the Obamabots, you simply do not learn that you don't win over voters by insulting them. Politics 101. That's why your candidate is going down.

Posted by: TK | August 3, 2008 9:55 PM | Report abuse

"she has earned it"

She hasn't earned squat.

She road BubbaZipper's coattails (or open fly?) as she carpetbagged against a hopeless Pub opponent into the NY Senate seat.

Let's not forget she orchestrated the character assassination against any and all women who dared to expose hubby's sexual predations.

You Hillary-heads always play the ostrich head-in-the-sand bit, re these facts.

The Clintons are felons.

Posted by: Chuckamok | August 3, 2008 9:35 PM | Report abuse

Wow, I just read the Raila Odinga expose on realdemocratsusa.org

It's stunning. READ IT!

Obama is SO over. No way he can win now. Why isn't the media covering this story?

The Dems better take the last chance they have in Denver and nominate Hillary.

I LOVE Bill and Hillary. They are the greatest political success story since FDR and Eleanor Roosevelt. Bill is the ONLY Dem to be re-elected since FDR.

In 1932, FDR won the nomination on the 4th ballot! He came into the convention 90 delegates short of the needed number.

The DNC MUST allow Hillary to be nominated. A fixed convention is just not democracy.

Posted by: JJ | August 3, 2008 9:30 PM | Report abuse

D you are so very right! Women do decide all elections. Women are the ultimate swing voters.

As a man, a son of a great woman, a husband of a great woman and father of two incredible young women, I salute you! You are very wise.

The Democrats should nominate Hillary, she has earned it and she could win. Obama has not earned anything and won't win.

This nation is far too important to entrust to an arrogant, inexperienced person like Barack Obama. Who is he anyway? He flip flops everyday on some issue.

It must be Hillary or McCain.

Posted by: Q | August 3, 2008 9:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Frank | August 3, 2008 9:14 PM | Report abuse

I'm a republican and I do not approve of Mccain's ads. I think Mccains ads are stupid and does nothing answer questions many Americans have. I supported Ron Paul and Mccain will definately be wrong for our country. Mccain does not possess the leadership or judgement to lead our country and these ads are to cover up Obama's success over sea's. How could Obama be responsible of the crowds he generate because so many people would like to hear him speak in person. I think this is a lame excuse for Mccain because he couldn't get any traction from his base no matter what he say or does. Mccain can't be trusted in the White House.

Posted by: Bill | August 3, 2008 9:12 PM | Report abuse

"The Dems cannot win without women. Women decide ALL elections."

This hissy-fit is heading for record length.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 3, 2008 9:07 PM | Report abuse

We are so naive to let a stupid ad or Britney Spears and Paris Hilton distract us from what Obama achieved in Europe and the Middle East. The world wants an Obama presidency because just like the majority of Americans they too want change from the failed Bush policies. Now compare that with Mccain's Britney spears ad and Moses ad. Mccain is the kind of leadership and incompetence we should be voting against. Obama asked our allies to help us with the war in Afgainistan, global warming, and preventing Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons. These are the major challenges the next president will face. Obama will definatey get the support from our Europeans allies and our Middle Eastern allies because he has the support of the governments and its people. Mccain doesn't, thats why he put out these stupid ads to distract us from what an Obama administration is capable of and What a Mccain administration is not capable of. Our allies all over the world see Mccain as a 3rd Bush presidency. Obama's presence in the world is powerful and America needs that support from our allies to help us with the challenges we face. Obama 08 and 09

Posted by: Anonymous | August 3, 2008 9:06 PM | Report abuse

I refuse to believe that all these anti-Hillary comments are coming from Obama supporters. Why would Obama supporters be saying those things? I think these comments are coming from Republicans who are trying to split the Democratic party. I ignore them.

Posted by: Mudge | August 3, 2008 9:02 PM | Report abuse

visit

realdemocratsusa.org

They have good stuff on Raila Odinga, Obama's creepy cousin from Kenya, Africa.

READ IT AND WEEP

WISE UP DEMS

Posted by: P | August 3, 2008 9:02 PM | Report abuse

It ain't over till it's over. Obama is still the arrogant presumptive nominee.

Hopefully, the Dems will wise up and nominate the only candidate who can win, the candidate who has actually earned the right to be nominated, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

See you in Denver!

Posted by: U | August 3, 2008 9:00 PM | Report abuse

Kerry is a loser, Pelosi is a loser and Obama is a loser.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 3, 2008 9:00 PM | Report abuse

The delegates are not really "pledged" to anyone. They can vote for whomever they choose.

The job of the delegates who will decide this election is to choose the most qualified and most electable candidate for the general election in November. That candidate is and shall remain Hillary Clinton.

The DNC and Obama are attempting to thwart democracy. Let's not allow it. Let our voices be heard. WE will NOT have Obama shoved down our throats. The real Dem base wants Hillary to be the nominee. No question about it.

Obama is unqualified and unelectable. Obama has failed to close the deal with voters who see him as a fraud. Polls are revealing this truth.

The Dems better wise up quickly BEFORE they nominate the ONE candidate who won't win. The threats of the the AFrican American community are just that. They will handle the downfall of Obama with dignity. They are a small part of the voting block of the Dem party. Women are the largest voting block of the Dem party and women want Hillary. It's that simple. The Dems cannot win without women. Women decide ALL elections.

It's Hillary or McCain 08 and Hillary 2012. Country first, party second.

To quote the ever incompetent Donna Brazile, "sometimes you have to destroy the party to rebuild it" Amen! Reminder to Ms. Brazile, you said in Feb. on CNN that you would leave the DEmocratic party if the superdelegates decided this nomination, well they are and may we help you pack your bags today??????????????

Posted by: D | August 3, 2008 8:58 PM | Report abuse

The Hillary-heads continue to flog the dead-horse "cause" of their Potemkin candidate. Over, and over, and over ...

We'll not be able to REALLY sleep soundly until Obama announces his Veep selection.

Until then, the casket hasn't been nailed secure, and come dusk ...

;)

Posted by: Chuckamok | August 3, 2008 8:54 PM | Report abuse

McSame gots hisself PLENTY o' character -- if that means "weasel:"

* McCain supported the drilling moratorium; now he's against it.
* McCain strongly opposes a windfall-tax on oil company profits. Three weeks earlier, he was perfectly comfortable with the idea.
* McCain thought Bush's warrantless-wiretap program circumvented the law; now he believes the opposite.
* McCain defended "privatizing" Social Security. Now he says he's against privatization (though he actually still supports it.)
* McCain wanted to change the Republican Party platform to protect abortion rights in cases of rape and incest. Now he doesn't.
* McCain thought the estate tax was perfectly fair. Now he believes the opposite.
* He opposed indefinite detention of terrorist suspects. When the Supreme Court reached the same conclusion, he called it "one of the worst decisions in the history of this country."
* McCain said he would "not impose a litmus test on any nominee." He used to promise the opposite.
* McCain believes the telecoms should be forced to explain their role in the administration's warrantless surveillance program as a condition for retroactive immunity. He used to believe the opposite.
* McCain supported storing spent nuclear fuel at Yucca Mountain in Nevada. Now he believes the opposite.
* McCain supported moving "towards normalization of relations" with Cuba. Now he believes the opposite.
* McCain believed the U.S. should engage in diplomacy with Hamas. Now he believes the opposite.
* McCain believed the U.S. should engage in diplomacy with Syria. Now he believes the opposite.
* He argued the NRA should not have a role in the Republican Party's policy making. Now he believes the opposite.
* McCain supported his own lobbying-reform legislation from 1997. Now he doesn't.
* He wanted political support from radical televangelists like John Hagee and Rod Parsley. Now he doesn't.
* McCain supported the Lieberman/Warner legislation to combat global warming. Now he doesn't.
* McCain pledged in February 2008 that he would not, under any circumstances, raise taxes. Specifically, McCain was asked if he is a "'read my lips' candidate, no new taxes, no matter what?" referring to George H.W. Bush's 1988 pledge. "No new taxes," McCain responded. Two weeks later, McCain said, "I'm not making a 'read my lips' statement, in that I will not raise taxes."
* McCain is both for and against a "rogue state rollback" as a focus of his foreign policy vision.
* McCain says he considered and did not consider joining John Kerry's Democratic ticket in 2004.
* In 1998, he championed raising cigarette taxes to fund programs to cut underage smoking, insisting that it would prevent illnesses and provide resources for public health programs. Now, McCain opposes a $0.61-per-pack tax increase, won't commit to supporting a regulation bill he's co-sponsoring, and has hired Philip Morris' former lobbyist as his senior campaign adviser.
* McCain has changed his economic worldview on multiple occasions.
* McCain has changed his mind about a long-term U.S. military presence in Iraq on multiple occasions.
* McCain is both for and against attacking Barack Obama over his former pastor at his former church.
* McCain believes Americans are both better and worse off than they were before Bush took office.
* McCain is both for and against earmarks for Arizona.
* McCain believes his endorsement from radical televangelist John Hagee was both a good and bad idea.
* McCain's first mortgage plan was premised on the notion that homeowners facing foreclosure shouldn't be "rewarded" for acting "irresponsibly." His second mortgage plan took largely the opposite position.
* McCain vowed, if elected, to balance the federal budget by the end of his first term. Soon after, he decided he would no longer even try to reach that goal.
* In February 2008, McCain reversed course on prohibiting waterboarding.
* McCain used to champion the Law of the Sea convention, even volunteering to testify on the treaty's behalf before a Senate committee. Now he opposes it.
* McCain was a co-sponsor of the DREAM Act, which would grant legal status to illegal immigrants' kids who graduate from high school. Now he's against it.
* On immigration policy in general, McCain announced in February 2008 that he would vote against his own legislation.
* In 2006, McCain sponsored legislation to require grassroots lobbying coalitions to reveal their financial donors. In 2007, after receiving "feedback" on the proposal, McCain told far-right activist groups that he opposes his own measure.
* McCain said before the war in Iraq, "We will win this conflict. We will win it easily." Four years later, McCain said he knew all along that the war in Iraq war was "probably going to be long and hard and tough."
* McCain said he was the "greatest critic" of Rumsfeld's failed Iraq policy. In December 2003, McCain praised the same strategy as "a mission accomplished." In March 2004, he said, "I'm confident we're on the right course." In December 2005, he said, "Overall, I think a year from now, we will have made a fair amount of progress if we stay the course."
* McCain went from saying he would not support repeal of Roe v. Wade to saying the exact opposite.
* McCain went from saying gay marriage should be allowed, to saying gay marriage shouldn't be allowed.
* McCain criticized TV preacher Jerry Falwell as "an agent of intolerance" in 2002, but then decided to cozy up to the man who said Americans "deserved" the 9/11 attacks.
* McCain used to oppose Bush's tax cuts for the very wealthy, but he reversed course in February.
* On a related note, he said 2005 that he opposed the tax cuts because they were "too tilted to the wealthy." By 2007, he denied ever having said this, and insisted he opposed the cuts because of increased government spending.
* In 2000, McCain accused Texas businessmen Sam and Charles Wyly of being corrupt, spending "dirty money" to help finance Bush's presidential campaign. McCain not only filed a complaint against the Wylys for allegedly violating campaign finance law, he also lashed out at them publicly. In April, McCain reached out to the Wylys for support.
* McCain supported a major campaign-finance reform measure that bore his name. In June 2007, he abandoned his own legislation.
* McCain opposed a holiday to honor Martin Luther King, Jr., before he supported it.
* McCain was against presidential candidates campaigning at Bob Jones University before he was for it.
* McCain was anti-ethanol. Now he's pro-ethanol.
* McCain was both for and against state promotion of the Confederate flag.
* McCain decided in 2000 that he didn't want anything to do with former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, believing he "would taint the image of the 'Straight Talk Express.'" Kissinger is now the Honorary Co-Chair for his presidential campaign in New York.

Posted by: ogg | August 3, 2008 8:53 PM | Report abuse

Awwww, Why the Long Face Senator Kerry? Your Stooge getting vetted?

HeeeeHaawwww, HeeeHaww;

HeeeHaalways asks me that! ;~)

Posted by: RAT-The | August 3, 2008 8:36 PM | Report abuse

The Hillary Rodham tradition of pathological lying goes WAY back -

Jerry Zeifman, a lifelong Democrat, supervised the work of 27-year-old Hillary Rodham on the committee. Hillary got a job working on the investigation at the behest of her former law professor, Burke Marshall, who was also Sen. Ted Kennedy's chief counsel in the Chappaquiddick affair. When the investigation was over, Zeifman fired Hillary from the committee staff and refused to give her a letter of recommendation - one of only three people who earned that dubious distinction in Zeifman's 17-year career.

Why?

"Because she was a liar," Zeifman said in an interview last week. "She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality."

Posted by: Anonymous | August 3, 2008 8:30 PM | Report abuse

Kerry is a master Liar :) remember his boasting lie about Vietnam War? :) Who will take him seriously any more?

I am looking forward to see more fun from Kerry guy and He alone will ensure that Dems lose this fall.

Combined with as some one said in the post, obama character problems and association is a recipe for disaster in the fall :)

Posted by: Mich | August 3, 2008 8:25 PM | Report abuse

"The superdelegates will decide this nomination as neither Hillary or Obama won enough delegates out right. ...What are the DNC and Obama afraid of? Losing, perhaps?"
-D

Obama has enough delegates to gain the nomination if all those who have already pledged to support him do so at the convention.

Surely if there is a fight at the convention no Democrat will win, including Hillary.

Posted by: phi | August 3, 2008 8:18 PM | Report abuse

"the incredible Hillary Clinton"

Incredible, as in NOT credible, as in LIAR.

"We spiraled in and then had to dodge sniper fire as we ran to the limo."

And all the other absurd fabrications.

No more Clinton Slime in the White House. Never again.

Posted by: Chuckamok | August 3, 2008 8:17 PM | Report abuse

In direct response to the questions raised in Senator McCain's Celeb and Moses ads, the answer is....Yes, he is the One and is already leading.

Or has everyone not notice that our Military, State Department, President Bush, and Senator McCain are all following Senator Obama's foreign policy footsteps by unilaterally attacking al-Qaeda in Pakistan, sending of 3rd highest ranking diplomat to Geneva to meet with Iran, suddenly talking about "time horizons" in Iraq, and acknowledging we must send more troops to Afghanistan?

Posted by: Caryl S. Foster | August 3, 2008 8:15 PM | Report abuse

I worked very hard to elect John Kerry in 2004. Now, I look at him and am very glad he lost. He's a jerk. His poor judgment in endorsing Obama over the incredible Hillary Clinton is inexplicable.

The Dems have a chance to rectify this unfortunate situation at the convention in Denver when the actual vote on the nomination takes place. The superdelegates will decide this nomination as neither Hillary or Obama won enough delegates out right. Hillary has won the popular vote, winning MORE votes than ANY candidate of ANY party in history! Hillary has more than earned the right to have her name place in nomination along with Obama, BOTH names should be on the ballots, BOTH should be allowed to speak and have speakers and supporters on their behalf, BOTH names should be voted on and gasp, yes, COUNT ALL THE VOTES! This is the only way to conduct real democracy. What are the DNC and Obama afraid of? Losing, perhaps?

Now, the ever flip flopping Obama is calling for the votes of Michigan and Florida to be counted, AFTER he thinks he's got the nomination locked up. What a pathetic jerk. Too little, too late. Is there ANYTHING Obama hasn't flip flopped on?

In 1932, FDR came into the Democratic convention 90 delegates short of the required number needed to secure the nomination out right and FDR won the nomination on the FOURTH BALLOT! THAT was democracy in action!

Call, write and DEMAND THE DNC open up this convention to include Hillary's name in nomination. Otherwise, the Dems will foolishly nominate an unqualified and unelectable BArack Obama.

It's Hillary or McCain 08 and Hillary 2012, Country first, party second.

"No self-respecting woman should wish or work for the success of a party that ignores her sex" Susan B. Anthony

Posted by: D | August 3, 2008 8:07 PM | Report abuse

How long before Obama will have to intone the words, "Yes, the surge IS working"?

Wonder how that will register on the Richter Scale?

Posted by: Chuckamok | August 3, 2008 8:04 PM | Report abuse

visit

realdemocratsusa.org

Posted by: G | August 3, 2008 7:59 PM | Report abuse

"I'm votin' for the niger."

You're voting for a country?

Anyway ... here I always thought that JFK was the most insignificant entity in all of government.

Guess he needs to squawk now and then to prove to his constituents that he DOES have a pulse.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 3, 2008 7:56 PM | Report abuse

Man, I read many of the comments on this board and it boils my blood.

Stupidity doesn't explain it: you can't teach common sense, so I have to conclude that there are many smart people out there who absolutely refuse to think for themselves.

Here, maybe ya'll l' feel better if I say it this way: I'm votin' for the niger.

Posted by: K. Ackermann | August 3, 2008 7:37 PM | Report abuse

It seems the Gallup tracking poll still has them "TIED" for the second day. Once it shows McCain in the lead. The Media and pundits are going to go wild. They will question how obama has blown the lead and that maybe he is not ready for "prime time" The Hillary Soprano supporters are going to start say 'WE TOLD YOU SO" Come Denver they are going to be a lot of second guessing delegates looking for a way to dump Obama.

But it is to late they have made there bed in Obama and they will have to live with it.

They will be leaving Denver aboard the "APPEASEMENT ONE" followed by the back up plane full of reporters "WITHDRAWAL TWO" HEADED for a crash landing in November. Shot down by the Terrorists who keep on KILLING, AND KILLING, AND KILLING.

The Voters want to keep their shoes on when they board airplanes not take them off.

Obama and the Anti-War crowd and there allies the 'STUPID RICH ELEITES" , and the 'MEDIA ELITES' still do not get it.

But lucky the voters do.
VJ Machiavelli

Posted by: VJ Machiavelli | August 3, 2008 7:34 PM | Report abuse

JOHN MCCAIN, TRADER TO HIS COUNTRY, COLLABORATOR WITH THE ENEMY, MILITARY DISGRACE.

Ted Sampley, a Vietnam Veteran and former Green Beret, issued a CHALLENGE to John McCain "If you can show us that the information presented in our mailer is untruthful . . . we will Stand Down" This CHALLENGE was issued during an interview with INSIDE EDITION on January 17, 2008.
John, family members of Vietnam POW/MIA(s) have been waiting for more then 14 years for you to have the courage to face them eye to eye in front of the American Public - Here is your opportunity for some "STRAIGHT TALK." Stop hiding behind your fabricated "War Hero" persona. You know we can prove your collaborations with declassified government documents . . . It is time for the American people to get to know the REAL John McCain - the John McCain that the POW/MIA families witnessed during the 1991-93 US Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs .
Bring It On John! HERE IS OUR NUMBER 252-527-0442
============
Hello,
It is truly "FUNNY" how a dem. is saying how the Rep. Party is trying to SCARE the American people, and what is more funny is how it is John Kerry, and his failed attempt to be the President back in the 2004 election well was I quess not the last time we would be seeing of him, and by what I see it should have been, but then he just does not know when to shut the hell up, and go away, now does he? Oh by the way who are the ones that really know how to scare the American people now? The democrap party that is who!!! They continually scare the hell out of seniors in this country every elction cycle by telling them if a Rep. is voted into office they will destroy social security, and that is a blatant LIE. If that is the case why has not the fantastic democrap lead congress, and sen. ever did anything about that in the last twenty plus yrs. that they have had control. Now you see I do my homework on these people real well. They are looking for a fight on this issue, and now they have one. They are again looking to lie to the American people, and to try, and make it look as if you do not vote for them you are making a mistake, and to make matters even worst, LOOK AT THE PERSON MAKING THE COMMENT ON THIS ISSUE NONE OTHER THAN MR. I HATE MY COUNTRY KERRY, AND I WILL NEVER LIE TO MAKE MY POINT ABOUT ANYTHING, (SUCH AS THE VIETNAM WAR, AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN)-
What in the hell does the people in Mass. see in him, and Kennedy anyhow? Somebody mind telling me the answer to that question please?

Posted by: bearone7777 | August 3, 2008 5:33 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | August 3, 2008 7:27 PM | Report abuse

Who honestly cares what this loser has to say about anything? He coudln't even fight for his own votes.

Posted by: thinkwithyourbrain | August 3, 2008 7:01 PM | Report abuse

WHO said this - when Obama was a mere 20 year old ???

"Because of my POW experience, I had always enjoyed a little more celebrity than is usually accorded freshmen, but not so much that my views were solicited or even taken seriously by the national media."

You are correct - the arch hypocrite John McCain

Posted by: Richard Donaldson-Alves | August 3, 2008 6:57 PM | Report abuse

.... Except the McCain campaign DID have an internet ad that actually PUT Obama's face on a dollar bill (and other well-know American icons) back in June. What do you think they were doing that for? If they didn't mean anything bad by that, why be so put out when Obama refers to it.

What amazes me most about all this is people's lack of analytical thinking skills about this "race card" issue. How exactly does a black man win a national election, where the majority of voters are non-black, by playing the race card? Whose vote would he or she be trying to win? The minority black vote? The majority non-black vote?

Let's say that worked and 100% of the black vote went to this black candidate, can anyone show how that translats into a popular vote or electoral college win?

Now, let's take this one step at a time:

If you are a black candidate in an election or some thing where the majority of the people who would be deciding your fate in a vote are also black, then yes you could play the "race card," if your opponent was non-black. You get the majority black voters to think something bad about your non-black opponent and vote for you. e.g., O'Jay in his murder trial where the jury was majority black. We don't have anyway of knowing, but I would hazard a guess that the outcome would have been quite different if O'Jay's jury had been majority non-black. Anyone think otherwise? Does anyone think that in that circumstance, i.e., majority non-black jury, O'Jay's best bet would have been to play the "race card"? Well, that is what the people who say Obama is playing the "race card" is attempting to do. Does that make any sense?

Posted by: Nana | August 3, 2008 6:55 PM | Report abuse

Has that pesky old authentic birth certificate ever turned up? I guess if Obie One wins, Chicago mafia will be running the country rather the the oilmen. We're damned either way so who cares.

Posted by: misspris | August 3, 2008 6:45 PM | Report abuse

McCain doesn't have a bigoted bone in his body?

Two things:

1) McCain put Obama on a dollar bill in one of his web videos before this ever happened. Watch the video and judge for yourself.

2) Gooks. Is this word considered racist or not? McCain routinely used it, way after the war was over.

Read this (and pass it on): Make the Washington Post write about this issue.

Posted by: Nah Nope | August 3, 2008 6:44 PM | Report abuse

McCain is a symbol of proven public service. Vote McCain for President!!

Posted by: Tanika | August 3, 2008 2:18 PM
-------------------------
Nice slogan.

But totally empty.

What has McCain ever done?

The list should be very long, given his age and 22 years in the Senate.

Posted by: mnjam | August 3, 2008 6:38 PM | Report abuse

Dave from Laguna - seriously, you need to calm down (and learn the difference between the shift key and the CAPS LOCK). Whoops, just hit it.

Exactly how do you have a solution to a theory? Well, I've solved a few confluent hypergeometrics in my day, but I don't think that's what you were trying to get at. So, take a valium (or a few stiff drinks), breathe deeply, and r - e - l - x.

BB

Posted by: Fairlington Blade | August 3, 2008 6:18 PM | Report abuse

Having to listen to Lieberman (I-Israel) is the last straw.

Like he cares about ANYTHING but what AIPAC and Israel want.

And unlike many others of say it. Who doen't think middle America is getting sick to the gills of what the Jewish voters want? 2% of the electorate bring us Eric Kantor???

Posted by: tired | August 3, 2008 6:02 PM | Report abuse

Campaign Diaries's new veepstakes roundup looks at the latest speculation on both sides: http://campaigndiaries.com/2008/08/03/vp-watch-2/

Posted by: Dan | August 3, 2008 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Exposing McSame:

Same old right-wing tactics, trying to scare the same old Gomers 'n Jethros.

Good luck with that, McSame.

Posted by: ogg | August 3, 2008 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Hello,

Posted by: bearone7777 | August 3, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

EXCUSE ME! 200,000 people in Germany DID NOT show up to hear OBAMA speak! They do not know who he is and certainly do not care who he is! They were there for a FREE CONCERT BEFORE AND AFTER his so-called speach. Would you go to hear a speach of a possible new chancellor of Germany?! Of course not! This is just another LIE in a very long string of lies told by (I really hate to say "our")left wing news media!

Posted by: Dave, laguna niguel,ca | August 3, 2008 5:28 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, lets put an enemy of the US, a marxist/socialist in office!! Yippee! Lets vote for a man who has NO EXPERIENCE in government, NO EXPERIENCE in business, NO EXPERIENCE in economic policies, NO EXPERIENCE in the military, He is just a TRAITOR to the Republican party! YES, A TRAITOR! If you knucklehead dems suddenly learned how to read and suddenly came upon an old history book(not a new history book re-written by you kooks who think you can actually change history by telling lies about it)you would learn the REPUBLICAN party fought and hundreds of thousands of "WHITIES" DIED to free ths slaves AND it was the DEMOCRATS who fought against CIVIL RIGHTS! DUH!!! TRAITOR!! And you want an apology for slavery?! I think NOT! Hundreds of thousands of dead soldiers and a free ticket to the land of opportunity are apology ENOUGH! REMEMBER THIS; in all the world, HATE IS TAUGHT! Taught by mullahs and the DEMOCRAT RACE BAITERS!

Posted by: Dave, laguna niguel,ca | August 3, 2008 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Obama, an avowed Marxist, and all nutjob-whacko liberals need to be shown for exactly what they are;feelgood solutions to ridiculous THEORIES causing economic chaos to the working people of this country! These people MUST be run out of office, out of the news media, out of hollywierd, and certainly out of politics! This country is like a racehorse being fed garbage everyday til it just keels over and drops dead! This country RELIES on energy, there is so much oil its SEEPING out of the ground and needs to be drilled! And there is enough for more than a hundred YEARS, plenty of time to develop new technology. The libs have been screaming for years, but that is ALL THEY DO, SCREAM! They NEVER come up with a viable solution to ANYTHING!Just a change in the way we live and more costs associated with their hairbrained schemes to "SAVE THE PLANET". And of course we have man-made global warming!? Have any of these nutjobs considered the consequenses of what is happening BELOW our oceans?! 100 miles down, 500 miles down?! Changes in temperature BELOW the oceans?! DUH!! What a bunch of one-dimentional idiots! You can go 6,000 miles down and you are ONLY HALF WAY you lunatics and what happens DOWN THERE has a GREATER impact than anything we do UP THERE! Do you even know what the temperature of the earth's core is? You can look this one up. I sincerely doubt you knew the earth even had a core!!

Posted by: Dave, laguna niguel,ca | August 3, 2008 5:09 PM | Report abuse

We do not know much about Obama. With what we know his "Character" is questionable with his 20 years association with radical pastor Wright, Rezko, Auchi and a huge list of Radicals... His Muslim childhood background and muslim apeasment is going to be dangerous to our country. He does not have any record.. look at his voting record... most number of "Present" :).. just throwing words up in the air shouting "Hope", "inspiration", "Change", "We Can".. :).. you can chant these words as loud as you can but will not bring votes in fall. is foolish and the future looks bleak with Obama's so called leadership. :)

Look around the world, Islamic Terrorists are killing common working men and women... At least we are safe and secure in this country because of Bush and McCain... though we have short term economic issues... we will get through this tough time successfully

We cannot take a chance with unknown inexperienced.

Posted by: Martha | August 3, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Of course McCain and the RNC are practicing the politics of personal destruction. The two ads, one with Britney Spears and Paris Hilton and second one with mocking Obama as the Messiah, are poor attempts at character asassination.

But Obama and his campaign are missing the perfect opportunity to hit McCain hard on those campaign ads.

First Obama and his surrogates should be hitting the McCain campaign over the head in defending Britney Spears and he efforts to better her life and that of her children. They should play up the entire McCain campaign disrespecting young women.

Secondly, Obama himself should take the opportunity to repudiate the McCain campaign belittling the efforts of the true messiah, Jesus. This ad gives Obama the perfect opportunity to reject religion back into the presidential race by telling voters (especially evangelical Christians) that McCain is showing little respect for Christianity.

Posted by: Obama-Junkie | August 3, 2008 5:05 PM | Report abuse

McLame never had a command. He was a below average flier who was stupid enough to get shot down by a SAM. He spent 5 years in a POW camp, all the time his captors knew he was an admiral's son, so they didn't whip his butt every day...only every other day. McCain hung tough - I admire him for that. But!!! That was then, and today we need someone that can think fast and smart. That is no John McCrankyPants. It is OBAMA.

Posted by: Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. | August 3, 2008 4:56 PM | Report abuse

It is very sad to have race into this race; the GOP has a long history of conservatism and they have not show the world that the USA deserved to be a leader because they are all liars and hypocrit and J. McCain is not different; he has never supervised any order in the army and he has been too long in the House for just being there. This is not experience, it is endurance; it is not judgement, it is 'I have seen this before' type and not to lead and be creative in the new world environment. Let us move on and talk about ideas for future and substance to help real people.

Posted by: K. Appiah | August 3, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

If it were not for the Anti-War crowd and the Stupid Rich Elites Obama would have never beaten Hillary Soprano. They were looking for a horse to ride and the found one in Obama.

I will say this again, and again. Peter King has more experience in National Security, World Affairs, Terrorism, and the economy than Obama. In fact Paris Hilton has created more jobs and has a better understanding of the economy than Obama. Not to mention that anybody he picks for VP wull have more experience than Obama.

He was a "LAW PROFESSOR" and "Part Time State Senator", who was elected to the US Senate in 2006 on an Anti-War pull the troops out etc,etc. HE has become the "CELEB" of the Democ"rat"ic Party. The tracking polls are showing it "TIE" my bet comes Denver mccain will be in the lead and the Delegates will be looking for someone else.

VJ Machiavelli

Posted by: VJ Machiavelli | August 3, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

you know, Kerry dang near pulled it out. A patrician from Massachusetts, gay marriage, war criminal and almost pulled it out. I still think there was some serious voter suppression going on by the repugs. I will note I am a knee - jerk Democrat, and I fought it all day long, would I vote for a war criminal. But Bush was a bigger war criminal. I think there were a lot of Dems like me. But this time we have an ideal candidate in vision and inspiration. We have already signed up 3.3 million new voter's and I think if just 10% can make it past the repug dirty tricks we can pull it out. I've also been watching McCain... he is not all there. I would not be surprised if he keeled over and was replaced at the last moment.... Alan Keyes to the rescue !!! ANYONE?

Posted by: jakeD's shadow | August 3, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Why must we let politico's from Isreal get involved in our campaigns? Lieberman is a plague on humanity. But... the supporters of endless war elected him, the repugs shall ultimately have him before he is to go home to his chosen people.

Posted by: angriestdogintheworld | August 3, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Isn't the Kerry who said "Obama will have credibility with Islamic Terrorists in Muslim world" ?

What is the next blunder from this loser?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 3, 2008 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Kerry, the biggest liar in the world is back? :) Does anyone seriously cares about what he has to say?

Looser Kerry :-}

Posted by: Jon | August 3, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

JOHN MCCAIN, PLAYING THE DISABILITY CARD HIS WHOLE CAREER.

" MY ARMS HURT, MY ARMS HURT, I WAS A P.O.W., I AM A HERO ASK ANYBODY".
He gets away with murder, why, Hell, "HE IS DISABLED".

------------
Everytime Obama gets his feelings hurt he cries RACE and all his fanatical fans cry Race with him - do we need this for the next 4 years. Especially since he has no experience any way.

Posted by: mimi362 | August 3, 2008 3:13 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | August 3, 2008 4:09 PM | Report abuse

I'd really love to hear from some of you GOPers who are racially polarized. What's worse- a black President or a President in thrall to the mob?

You people must really hate black people a lot in order to allow America to become compromised, at the highest level, by a criminal network.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 3, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Don't think for a second that the politicians in Chicago don't have the dirt on a guy like McCain, who is linked to the Hensley/Marley/Lansky/Bronfman criminal network.

We can do this election the easy way, and stick to policy discussions, or we can do this the hard way. If McCain chooses the former, he'll lose with dignity. If he chooses the latter, he'll lose, be exposed, and be disgraced.

The choices we make define us. And ditching his first wife for a crime family daughter... Lust for power.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 3, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mimi362 | August 3, 2008 3:13 PM | Report abuse

So, we can trade with China and Russia and we can travel to North Korea and Iran, but we can't trade with or visit Cuba.

Know why? Bush and McCain are part of the dirty, filthy network that built Vegas and is still pissed at Fidel from not allowing them to turn Cuba into a country of sin and corruption.

Dirty, vicious, nasty people. United Fruit, Chiquita Banana, Banana Republicans.

Crooked.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 3, 2008 3:10 PM | Report abuse

All you whining Democ'RATS' and ObamaNATION cult followers, you try blaming McCain being the instigator of playing the RACE CARD, but its your man OBAMANATION that started all by making ugly comments such as HE "doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

Even OBAMANATION'S Aide Concedes 'Dollar Bill' Remark Referred to His Race. So now who is the guilty one.. .I rest my case.

This is what OBAMANATION'S strategist had to say:

Sen. Barack Obama's chief strategist conceded that the Democratic presidential candidate was referring to his race when he said Republicans were trying to scare voters by suggesting Obama "doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

The comment had triggered a charge Thursday from Sen. John McCain's campaign manager that Obama had "played the race card... from the bottom of the deck."

Playing the Race Card

Obama's camp initially denied the remark was a reference to Obama's race.

You can read this at:

Posted by: Bill | August 3, 2008 3:07 PM | Report abuse

I dont give a f**k the MCSAME campaign has to say. Im tired of this republican tactics, mccain should focus on the issue. Anyway to Mccain supporters dont b**ch 4 years later if gas prices are up, economy worse etc. You vote for it you deserve it. Cant believe your easily brainwashed by the mcsame campaign bunch of idiots!!

Obama 08 PERIOD

Posted by: Normal Citizen | August 3, 2008 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: CA | August 3, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

This is the story that should be all over the news. We need to expose the McCain campaign for what the really are!!!! WE NEED CHANGE IN THE WHITE HOUSE!!!! University of florida for OBAMA!!!

Posted by: CHANGE | August 3, 2008 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Kerry is right. McCain is a contradiction, accusing Obama of playing the race card. This is what McCain said about Asians in 2000:

"I hate the gooks," McCain said yesterday (2000) in response to a question from reporters aboard his campaign bus. "I will hate them as long as I live."

You can't make stuff like this up. The question is why isn't the MSM covering this like they did in 2000:

Posted by: Anonymous | August 3, 2008 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Tankia -

McLame is an adulterer, has taken Arizona Mob money, was implicated in the Keating Five scandal in the 1980's, uses his second wife's beer money to get elected, and says he won't sling mud - but does it anyway. This is a man that should be President? I think not.

VOTE OBAMA - Bring respect back to the White House.

Posted by: White Racist Pigs for Obama | August 3, 2008 2:24 PM | Report abuse

"Nobody thinks that Bush and McCain have a real answer to the challenges we face. So what they're going to try to do is make you scared of me," Obama said. "You know, he's not patriotic enough, he's got a funny name, you know, he doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills." - Barack Obama

Now imagine if John McCain said "you know, he doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills." to convince people to vote for him!!

Racist comment!! NO OTHER WAY TO INTERPRET IT. What's worse? Obama is TRYING TO LIE and say the comment was not racist!! America!! This man MUST BE CALLED on his position-changes and LYING!! It's happened with Rezko/Wright/Ayers/his position on the war, what's next?

Smells like B.O... Obama is the symbol of a double standard, a flip-flopper, a shape-shifter, and a liar. Obama's circle of inner friends (wright, ayers, rezko, and phillip/morris) seek to undo all the work this country has done to get to where it is today. Don't be fooled, America has it's problems, but it's not as bad as Obama wants to brain wash us with!! We need experience and solutions, NOT the unpredictable, reactive, amateurism that Obama would provide.

McCain is a symbol of proven public service. Vote McCain for President!!

Posted by: Tanika | August 3, 2008 2:18 PM | Report abuse