Eastwood Makes McCain's Day

By Robert Barnes
Legendary tough guys John McCain and Clint Eastwood got together Wednesday night when they discovered they were staying in the same hotel in Birmingham, Mich., a suburb of Detroit.

Eastwood was in town filming a movie; McCain was in town trying to convince Michigan voters to change their Democratic ways.

"A great hero of mine,'' McCain described Eastwood to four women he met with Thursday morning at a West Bloomfield diner to discuss what the campaign called "everyday economic struggles.''

McCain's wife Cindy agreed with the hero tag. She was still wearing a sling after her run-in with an "enthusiastic'' supporter who shook her hand too hard and left her with a sprain. She said she was fine but still sore.

By Web Politics Editor  |  August 14, 2008; 1:12 PM ET
Categories:  John McCain
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Clinton Press Aide Hired by Obama Backer
Next: Huck vs. Mitt -- Again

Comments

I bet Eastwood would call McCain a hero. I mean a 'real hero'. Being tortured for years in Hanoi while the Vietnam war raged around him. That's the stuff that real heros are made of.

Posted by: Tom | August 14, 2008 4:59 PM | Report abuse

It was not said if they talked politics or just got together.

Posted by: Bo | August 14, 2008 4:57 PM | Report abuse

I'm going to laugh when Obama loses to McCain...and I'm a Democrat!

Posted by: Sal | August 14, 2008 3:51 PM | Report abuse

WoW, the people who posted here are real nasty Dem. spinnsters.
Success doesn't make you an elitist.
McCain doesn't have 11 houses, I love how the post makes Cindy McCain sound so frail..' a supporter shook her hand too hard"
nice job.

Posted by: Terry | August 14, 2008 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Eastwood was in "Ground Hog Day?"

Posted by: royals1 | August 14, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

McCain will suck up to anybody...now it's those Hollywood elites.

Wonder if McCain's plastic trophy wife will invite celebrity Eastwood to one of the McCain's eleven mansions? Could fly him in on their private jet.

I'm sick of these elitists thinking they have what it takes to run a country.

Posted by: wilder5121 | August 14, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Hanging out with those elitist Hollywood types? Why I bet Eastwood even likes that snobby, urban jazz music instead of red, white and blue Country music. Careful my friend, you might wind up with a young blond celebrity (or two) on your arm.

Posted by: thebob.bob | August 14, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Sound's like McCain's still the ladies' man.

Posted by: Brandon | August 14, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Make My Day!

Posted by: Hog's Breath | August 14, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Typical celebrity, hangin' out with Eastwood...

Posted by: paul | August 14, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse