Obama Has Made His VP Decision

By Anne E. Kornblut
CHESAPEAKE, Va. -- Sen. Barack Obama said on Thursday that he has made up his mind about who will join him on the Democratic ticket. But he would not say anything further, stoking a fire that has grown more intense with each day of speculation about his running mate selection.

"I've made the selection, and that's all you're going to get," Obama said during a stop at Virginia Favorites, Ltd., a peanut and gift shop, on his way to an event here.

The news is expected to break sometime in the next 48 hours.

By Web Politics Editor  |  August 21, 2008; 4:47 PM ET
Categories:  B_Blog , Barack Obama
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: About Those Clinton Primary Voters
Next: Ohio Voting Machines Contained Programming Error That Dropped Votes

Comments

For the record, Romney lived in Belmont, MA and had a vacation home on New Hampshire’s Lake Winnipesaukee -- I'm sure there are more -- but, that's at least TWO.

Posted by: JakeD | August 22, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

AP is reporting it's MITT Romney for McCain's VP nominee. Great choice.

Posted by: JakeD | August 22, 2008 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Joseph ROBINETTE Biden, Jr.!!!

Posted by: JakeD | August 22, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Andrea Mitchell on NBC just confirmed my guess: Mr. Credit Card himself.

Posted by: JakeD | August 22, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

So I guess now old John thinks that the U.S. military is surrendering to the terrorists for signing off on an Iraq pull-out plan. Perhaps next year he can move to the nation of Georgia and take command of a special Georgian unit to ride into Iraq and really give it to those terrorists. He can have Cindy buy him an authentic Napoleon suit and a grand steed.

Posted by: Old John Complain | August 22, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

The only hope Obama has in 2008 is Clinton as his running mate. I do believe Hillary was correct when she stated that she is the only Democratic candiate that can beat McCain in November. Running mates are going to be the "make or break" in this election. I believe he will choose Evan Bayh which is an excellent pick but does not carry the same weight with the female vote.
The more the american public learn about Obama's lack of substance the more they flock to McCain.
Watch the polls--McCain 2008

Posted by: jcvette | August 22, 2008 12:40 AM | Report abuse

He Obama really wanted to pull something truly big and help the country. Drop out of the race. Continue to take email donations in small amounts and send kids to college, pay off some mortages, start your own alternative health care system and invest in small earth healthy businesses. If each working American gave $1 dollar a week we would not need a president. We would be starting the foundation for a new Republic, our Republic, a new country, the one we dreams of.

Posted by: lemon head | August 21, 2008 10:56 PM | Report abuse

Pacific Radio In California and WBAI in New York. Independent Radio, lister supported only. Absolutely no corporate or non-profit donations allowed. You guys need to be informed. You are not millionares, so you are not truly republican. I never heard of a Welfare Republican. And if you work everyday, your are a Welfare Republican. You can not afford to vote Republican. McCain's wife is a true Republican. Her money is very solid, its not going anywhere, she doesn't work, her children don't work. She can w/respect vote Republican. You can not. You're poor working white folk. A pay check away from losing your homes and jobs. What the hell do you look like voting Republican?

Posted by: lemon head | August 21, 2008 10:48 PM | Report abuse

Like the people who are voting McCain while they still have a home.

Posted by: lemon head | August 21, 2008 10:40 PM | Report abuse

Anyone just sick and tired of this presidential campaign? Seems like it has gone on for years. And and millions upon millions of dollars spent on this thing. It is outrageous. The whole world must wonder about our values. This presidential campaign should be shortened and a limit place on the money spent by each candidate, wherever the money is obtained, private or public. How many dying babies could be saved with just a portion of the money spent on this campaign which at times looks stupid? Has the United States become a nation of greed ... yes, we have. Are you not ashamed of our values? I am

Posted by: Millie | August 21, 2008 10:28 PM | Report abuse

To all Hillary supporters: Sorry, the VP nominee will not be HRC; if Obama wins, the VP will have the sleep in the Obamas' bedroom because the VP will have to answer the 3 p.m. call as Obama isn't capable of doing so, and Michelle refuses to sleep in the same room as Hillary. That's the facts, folks.

Posted by: June Kerry | August 21, 2008 10:22 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone else seen Mark Haleprin's "The Page" in the past hour. Haleprin seems to suggest Obama's VP pick could be. . .Republican Senator Richard Lugar. I'm not sure if this is a joke or if Haleprin is leaking a mjor bombshell. Talk about a game changer!

Posted by: BillBolducinMaine | August 21, 2008 9:45 PM | Report abuse

if obama doesn't pick abner dowdilly, i'm going to vote for michael jackson so i can learn how to cut off my face to spite my nose. silly, silly people.

Posted by: jumpingelephant | August 21, 2008 9:35 PM | Report abuse

I just wanted to add this to all of you Hillary freaks,Please get over it that shes likely not going to be his choice for a V.P.and its silly to vote for mcworse if shes not the one Obama picks, he has every right to make that choice for himself.Our country and people should be more important to you all than Hillary is.I know not Hillary or Obama will ever for a second be more important to me than my love for my country.We really need to move on and away from the bush\clinton days.

Posted by: sharon | August 21, 2008 9:27 PM | Report abuse

I hope its Biden or Hillary but believe Bidens the best choice.

Posted by: sharon | August 21, 2008 9:16 PM | Report abuse

In my humble opinion, both parties should go back to selecting Vice Presidential candidats at their respective National Conventions. This would eliminate the idea of picking one's successor which is un-American. The nominating process would allow the legally selected delegates from each state vote for the Vice Presidential nominee. Finally, we wouldn't have all of this drama and endless chatter about who is the chosen one from each party. By, the way, as a sidebar, we need to get rid of the Electoral College and go to the direct vote. It isn't 1787 anymore.

Posted by: camel89 | August 21, 2008 9:16 PM | Report abuse

I have a feeling it's too late for Hillary ... I am anxiously awaiting the news texted directly from The One Himself ; )

Posted by: JakeD | August 21, 2008 8:42 PM | Report abuse

If Obama is reading the polls this week, he has only one choice, Hillary Clinton. As Obama continues to sink in the polls, we find today that 20 percent of Hillary's supporters are going to vote for McCain. McCain also is attracting 40 percent of the youth vote and will attract a large percentage of the Hispanic vote.

The party still has time to elect someone who can win. Sorry Obama nuts, it's over!

Posted by: Political Watchdog | August 21, 2008 8:37 PM | Report abuse

Marross wrote:

I am a Clinton supporter and lifelong Democrat who won't vote for Obama.

My comment:
The rest of your post indicates that this is a lie.

Marross wrote:
I am not stupid or immature. I am a good judge of character

My comment:
The rest of your post indicates that this is a lie.

Marross wrote:

My Comment:
Editor of the Harvard Law Review, Community Organizer, State Senator, U.S. Senator? They don't hand out "Editor of the Harvard Law Review" to just anyone. That, right off the bat, confirms that he is one of the smartest folk to run for President since Adalai S. in 1956. (Which is one of Obama's problems. His answers are nuanced, smart and thoughtful. And answers that are nuanced, smart and thoughful tend to sound "indecisive" to uneducated bufoons....)

Marross wrote:

My comment:
A-ha. The truth comes out. The Democrats haven't had a majority and control of the White House and have had to "work with" the Repubicans. So you don't want to actually have the Democrats have control of everything. Sure, a life long Democrat.

Marross wrote:
I have switched to Independent and can wait 4 years for a qualified candidate.

My Comment:
Four more years of Bush policies (McCain) will result in more damage to our fundamental liberties and will result in a Supreme Court and lower Judiciary that will continue to strip away civil rights in the name of "Security". Four more years of Bush policies and we will have cemented our position in the World as the late 1930's Germany of the 21st Century. Take, for example, the rabid reaction of McCain to the Russia-Georgia problem. A sophisticated and nuanced examination shows that the Russians reacted to Georgian action. Did they over react? Probably, but it is not as black and white as McCain has set forth.

Posted by: Baloney | August 21, 2008 8:30 PM | Report abuse

I am a Clinton supporter and lifelong Democrat who won't vote for Obama. I am not stupid or immature. I am a good judge of character and Obama is a shallow, arrogant poser with no experience, knowledge or accomplishments. Why should I vote for him just because he is a Democrat? Yes, I am sickened by 8 years of George W. Bush. However, Obama is just a Black (barely) version of slick, stuttering Georgie. I need a rest from this lunacy. Pelosi and the DNC have done NOTHING for the country even though they were given a majority. I have switched to Independent and can wait 4 years for a qualified candidate.

Posted by: Marross | August 21, 2008 8:14 PM | Report abuse

colin powell might be it.

Posted by: gunclinger | August 21, 2008 7:55 PM | Report abuse

I think that it doesn't matter who's on the ticket he's doing this to get attention.... which leads to votes. There's no need for him to be doing this because, people vote on party lines not on who's running, the political system is flawed in this country.

Posted by: theMaster | August 21, 2008 7:51 PM | Report abuse

But God, I am begging you to let us know! Please, God. Please.

This man's ego and self absorbtion is totally out of control! Totally!

NO Obama. EVER!

Posted by: DEM now IND | August 21, 2008 7:50 PM | Report abuse

Someone else wrote:

"elsewhere today, obama said in answer to a question about his running mate: "i want somebody who's independent, somebody who can push against my preconceived notions and challenge me so we have a robust debate in the white house.""

Well you know, I saw this too. I thought we hear in June that the next time we were going to hear him talk about the vice presidential nominee was to name said nominee. So what's this quote? I'd rather we go back to Plan A: he doesn't talk about it until he's ready to talk about it.

Posted by: Fairfax Voter | August 21, 2008 7:43 PM | Report abuse

Anybody, anybody, anybody but Hillary. I had not realized how angry I was with her and her husband until this moment came. What a horrible legacy that would be, except that she would doom the ticket, so I guess that "legacy" is not an issue.

I wish this waiting was over.

Posted by: Please not Hillary | August 21, 2008 7:41 PM | Report abuse

The sleazy NObama is now using Clinton years as a testament to how he will govern? Did n't he compare Clinton to Nixon and held up his admiration for Reagan when he ran against HRC? Does this guy have no shame?

Well I take that last question back.

I can only hope and pray that the Nob somehow did not settle on HRC. That would be a disaster.

The best part of my day was when I opened my copy of the Journal and saw that 52% of all CLinton supporters don't support Nob, and will either sit home or vote Mac. Bravo! The rest of my fellow CLinton supporters, don't be shy, don't be browbeaten by the thugs of the Dem party (yes, the same thugs that blithely looked the other way as the Nob campaign and his prostitute media pals piled on HRC using all kinds of dirty race and sex cards) that somehow you need to unite and vote the Nob, and forget all that happened.

Nothing has changed; just read the daily column of the media prostitute Mo Dowd; she is still spouting anti-Clinton venom till today, even as the Nob is praising HRC for her trail blazing campaign. You know who is sincere and who is not between them; the venom is real. This is how all the gutter rat groupies of Nob feel towards the CLintons. As soon as the Nob is elected, he will throw CLinton under the bus (heck, he did that to his fine grandma and his beloved pastor of 20 years).

Posted by: intcamd1 | August 21, 2008 7:33 PM | Report abuse

elsewhere today, obama said in answer to a question about his running mate: "i want somebody who's independent, somebody who can push against my preconceived notions and challenge me so we have a robust debate in the white house." that's the mark of a great president, if he follows through on that promise. www.straightrecord.com/randomrants expands further on the perils of having anyone without the guts to push back

Posted by: jumpingelephant | August 21, 2008 7:33 PM | Report abuse

If Biden is not the guy, I bet Chet Edwards is:

5. He's been in the House of Representatives for 9 terms... V.P. would be a promotion for him.

4. He's Chairman of the House Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies and can give a great speech honoring veterans and Securing America's Future.

3. He's a white man from the South, balancing the ticket nicely.

2. He's Pelosi's pick. Not only is Pelosi speaking on Monday, Obama likes for asking people's advice. He's also into bringing the Dem's together... Clintons, Kennedys, Al Gore, Jesse Jackson, et. al., and I don't see Obama going against Pelosi. Furthermore, during the last interview I saw with her, she insisted that she did not know who the pick was, but she looked like a cat who just ate some cream. Furthermore, taking her advice, and having her speak at the Convention (along with his wife) shows HRC supporters that Obama honors women.

1. Chet Edwards is a Democrat who represents Crawford, TX, a Republican district. He knows how to kick Rebublican butt.

Remember, you heard it here first!

Posted by: netnuevo | August 21, 2008 7:16 PM | Report abuse

Well, it's probably not Dick Cheney, and that counts for something!

Posted by: Bob22003 | August 21, 2008 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Sarahhomeforsale wrote: Vote Repulican b/c if you do your research= It's the democratic congress that is ruining this country. Read and do your research Americans before you Vote!

Me: I believe it was the Republicans that squandered the national wealth on an illegal and immoral war of revenge and profiteering in Iraq. Clearly, you haven't done your research.

Posted by: David Allen | August 21, 2008 7:03 PM | Report abuse

Doesn't matter who he announces as VP, Obama is done. His campaign is unravelling by the hour.

Posted by: Anthony S. | August 21, 2008 7:00 PM | Report abuse

leave the ratings alone please.people obama has already won.so there go ahead and laugh he does't need a vp he didn't need one to win the nomination did he.

Posted by: frank | August 21, 2008 7:00 PM | Report abuse

To the sincere writers who suggest they will vote for McCain unless Clinton is the VP choice:

Are you insane?

Clinton and Obama are very close in ideology. McCain is the polar opposite. Why would you do that to yourself? Spite?

If you are concerned about experience, it should interest you to know that in the history of the US Presidency, generally speaking, the most effective presidents had little prior experience. The worst presidents had the most experience.

Here is one of the many articles on the subject:

Posted by: Anonymous | August 21, 2008 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Great! Now I'd like to know who this VP is!

Posted by: Obama2008 | August 21, 2008 6:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sarahhomefsale | August 21, 2008 6:45 PM | Report abuse

Obama could nominate a duck for VP and get my vote.

Posted by: Immature Hack | August 21, 2008 6:42 PM | Report abuse

SuperRetort, you're far more optimistic than most financial analysts on the matter. UBS just the other day stated the only thing that has kept the US from recession thus far was the tax rebates and interest rate cuts. Since neither can continue, it is likely that a recession is on the way

Posted by: RM | August 21, 2008 6:28 PM | Report abuse

If Hillary is not the Queen in my dream then I will "wah!wah!" and throw a big fit and stomp my feet and scream "No! No!"

Big bad mean people who say Hillary is not Queen will go "boo-hoo" because I will vote against the Evil One who ruined my dream! Yes!

I have the power now! And you can't win!

Hillary for Queen of my Dream Universe! All of you will see! Hillary will win! Hillary will win! I just know it!!!

Posted by: Alice in Lu-Lu Land | August 21, 2008 6:24 PM | Report abuse

Has everyone forgot about the Obama and his pastor's comments??? Is anyone American anymore??? Have people forgotten what America is about??? I've always been democratic, but I'm voting republican. Do we remember that America was founded and built up by white America. I am blacka and proud of my home, I would never vote for Obama!!!

Posted by: nigone4u | August 21, 2008 6:21 PM | Report abuse

wow people. If you think by voting democratic OR republican is gonna change the agenda of the shadow elitists that really run our country then you are horribly mistaken.

www.infowars.com
www.prisonplanet.com

"Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul this unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of today.”

--President Theodore Roosevelt, 1906

Posted by: NAZ66 | August 21, 2008 6:20 PM | Report abuse

Dave D: The city I live in is a joke? Property values, economic growth and a top tier tourist sectoer beg to differ.

Posted by: Landstander | August 21, 2008 6:19 PM | Report abuse

The GOP must be getting a lot of illiterates, to pose as Hillary supporters, *Hardcore* Dems, etc.
This thread is hilarious.

I'm hoping that Obama doesn't choose Bayh... & that the VP choice is a surprise pick.
Perhaps Bill Richardson.

Posted by: jon | August 21, 2008 6:19 PM | Report abuse

Obama should pick Hillary as VP candidate.

This race has recently become nip and tuck.

If he doesn't pick her, he might still win.

If he does pick her, he would win.

Thus picking her is a nobrainer. And don't
forget that she is hardworking, has about
the same platform he does, is an attractive
woman, is plenty intelligent & personable,
has worked well with him in the Senate,and
campaigned hard.

Come on, Barack. We NEED you! Pick her,
or we may face four more years of political ineptitude in the White House!!!

Posted by: geof08 | August 21, 2008 6:18 PM | Report abuse

Can you just imagine Bill Clinton creeping around the White House looking for more action--it's gross and disgusting.

Posted by: Charlie | August 21, 2008 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Is Mr. Obama running for class president or president of the country? He should grow up and get serious. His snide attitude is getting annoying.

Posted by: KFH | August 21, 2008 6:12 PM | Report abuse

Life-long Republican, white female in my 60s, swing state Michigan, who last year switched support to Obama who does NOT need Hillary. She is out (with Bill) to sabotage Obama - without a doubt!

Posted by: CBMichigan | August 21, 2008 6:10 PM | Report abuse

BWood, Just to correct the record, we are not in a major or minor recession. It is not a subjective thing, a recession is two consecutive quarters of negative growth...we have not had that, in fact we have had a small amount of growth in the US economy. Not a boom by any means, but not bad either....just a slow down, one which seems to be easing up.

Next time, do not shoot from the hip based on hearsay.

Posted by: SuperRetort | August 21, 2008 6:09 PM | Report abuse

Hilary, Hilary, Hilary---shut up. She lost.

Posted by: Charlie | August 21, 2008 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Mayor Gavin Newsome? Laughable at best! He'd surely doom his campaign to failure because outside of San Francisco everyone else hates that M#therf#Rker, dems and republicans alike. San Francisco is now more of a joke than it has ever been with illegal aliens being shielded so they can kill law abiding citizens of this country. Can you image Obama having to deal with that portion of the immigration issue? Not a chance in a million years does he scuttle his own campaign by selecting such an unworthy candidate.

Posted by: Dave D | August 21, 2008 6:07 PM | Report abuse

my believe is Obama knows what choice is best help his presidency and the best for nation.Vic versa to Mcain.

Posted by: boni | August 21, 2008 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Hey, Ed's johnson - we're in a major recession NOW!

Posted by: Bwood | August 21, 2008 6:02 PM | Report abuse

I Think If Obama wants to clinch the deal -It's Hillary. If it is not her, It will really be a horserace. And, I really dont like Hillary at all.

Posted by: latinovoter | August 21, 2008 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Stumbled into these comments, and must say I am disappointed in the readers of the Washington Post. And the writers. Turn off your TVs, get independant news not backed by US corporations. It will soon become obvious how you have been used.

Posted by: R Harper | August 21, 2008 5:58 PM | Report abuse

pick hillary, for gods sake

Posted by: peacecry | August 21, 2008 5:58 PM | Report abuse

i'm voting for JESUS!

Posted by: rick mahone | August 21, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

... and voting for Obama is another four years of Carter !

LOL

Posted by: Observer | August 21, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

kind of a no-brainer, isn't it?

Hillary.

Posted by: mateocafe | August 21, 2008 5:55 PM | Report abuse

FUBAR, you wish you Democrats had a chance. Go back to your dream. Obama = major recession

Posted by: Ed's Johnson | August 21, 2008 5:54 PM | Report abuse

I predict Hillary

Posted by: Prem Janardhan | August 21, 2008 5:53 PM | Report abuse

Remeber folks... the two BEST candidates... Leahy or Graham (Fl).

Posted by: angriestdogintheworld | August 21, 2008 5:52 PM | Report abuse

I am voint Republican for the first time in my voting years. I could care less who he picks for his VP. Any nominee who rejects a person with 18 million votes, is an idiot!

Posted by: Carol | August 21, 2008 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Please explain to me why a hard core democrat would NOT vote for Obama.

Why would you want 4 more years of questionable Republican doings??

Posted by: smoeri | August 21, 2008 5:51 PM | Report abuse

End the stronghold. VOTE THIRD PARTY.

Posted by: Rich | August 21, 2008 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Biden is (personally) my favorite guy out of all of them, but I think he'd be the worst choice. Although he has foreign policy expertise, his loose tongue and tendency to provoke the right could make him a lightning bolt for the McCain campaign. I like Bayh as the choice. Kaine would be silly because of because of the spot that Warner is getting in the convention.

Posted by: AllenB | August 21, 2008 5:50 PM | Report abuse

I love it. "I'm a hardcore Democrat" followed immediately by "I'm voting McCain." Voting Republican is such a VERY hardcore Democrat thing to do, right?

Posted by: Mike Harris | August 21, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

The mayor of SF? Did you miss all the drama about him last year? It was so disapointing. He's not national material.

Posted by: Rachel | August 21, 2008 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Hillary as VP, than I will vote for Obama. Otherwise, it's McCain.

Posted by: Sarah | August 21, 2008 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Who ever it is I'm voting Republican!

Posted by: Matt | August 21, 2008 5:46 PM | Report abuse

When this country started it was the losing canidate that took the vice-president position. This should be the case in this election the two men would probably work well together despite there political differences.

Posted by: Nick | August 21, 2008 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Does it matter who he choses, he is the Meshiah, the chosen one, his deciples will follow his every command. And if the Most High Hussein Obama wins, those chosen to be his followers will be the ones who will suffer. We the Right Side will continue to live our lavish lifestyles, reap the benefits of wealth and continue to employ you democratic bottom feeders, although we may lay a few of you off here or there.

Posted by: Always Right | August 21, 2008 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Saying you won't vote for Obama if Hillary isn't on the ticket is stupid and immature. This country needs Obama. McCain will be another 4 yrs of disaster. Put aside your childish games and do your duty for your country and put Obama in the white house.

Posted by: Matthew | August 21, 2008 5:44 PM | Report abuse

The last comment is so stupid. You would leave your party because you did not get your favorite candidate. STUPID!

Posted by: Jared | August 21, 2008 5:44 PM | Report abuse

ODDS?
Biden - 1.5:1
Clinton - 3.3:1
Kaine - 3.3:1
Bayh - 3.4:1

Posted by: RickD | August 21, 2008 5:43 PM | Report abuse

I'm a hard core Democratic I cannot support Obama .I will have to vote for McCain. Put Clinton then Obama for VP and I will go for the Democratics

Posted by: Bob Martel | August 21, 2008 5:40 PM | Report abuse

the inside track has the Mayor of Sf as his Vp Pick...

Posted by: larry welch | August 21, 2008 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Regardless of whether or not Hillary is on the ticket, which I personally believe would be the best decision to recover the majority of her voters, vote Obama '08! It's childish to say "If Hillary isn't on the ticket, I won't vote." Every vote is necessary to stop another four years of war and deficit!

Posted by: Kelli | August 21, 2008 5:39 PM | Report abuse

I will give 150% to support Obama if he makes the right choice and puts Hillary on his ticket! If not I will not vote! And by the way I am not a Hillary supporter but I know she is the right person for our country! They would do great things as a Team!!!!! Obama/Clinton she is a fighter we need a go getter like Hillary.. She has such passion for the plain working person. (ME)

Posted by: Terri | August 21, 2008 5:22 PM

*******************************************

I really cannot understand the voters that claim to say they will not vote unless Senator Clinton is on the ticket. Regardless of who Senator Obama's running mate is, are you truly willing to forfeit your right to vote? Do you think this will make a statement? Are are you just ready to accept four more years of insanity?

Posted by: mhelms | August 21, 2008 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Biden, all the way

Bayh is a warmonger

Clinton is waiting for her baggage at O'Hare

Kaine is good, but we need someone who can respond and shut down the McSame house of lies and deceipt.

Obama/Biden 2008

Posted by: ashish | August 21, 2008 5:34 PM | Report abuse

We want Hillary!!!

Posted by: Russell | August 21, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

On the heels of the LAT/Bloomberg survey showing Obama dropping 10 points since June comes another piece of bad news from Reuters/Zogby. Their new poll, conducted Thursday through Saturday (August 14-17), shows McCain taking the lead away from Obama - a 12-point turnaround from last month when Obama led by 7:
cCain 46 (+6)
Obama 41 (-6)

CNN: 8/21/08 (THE OBAMA CAMP NETWORK); troubling news for Obama as he gets set to accept his party's nomination in Denver. What can Barack Obama do to reverse his continued sudden slide in the polls? Name Hillary Clinton as his running mate!!! It would turn the Democratic National Convention into a love-in. 4,438 delegates locking arms and singing "Kum-Ba-Ya’’!

Consider this finding from the new Wall Street Journal-NBC News poll out Wednesday night. A bare majority of Clinton supporters, say they will vote for Obama. Twenty one percent favor McCain, while 27 percent are still undecided or say they will vote for "someone else.’’ More than half of Clinton’s supporters are still not on board with Obama! The holdouts tend to like McCain more than Obama and have more confidence in McCain’s ability to be commander-in-chief.

Would Clinton add to the ticket? Apparently. The poll shows Obama leading McCain by three points. If Clinton were at the top of the ticket, she would be leading McCain by eight.

Posted by: OBAMA NEEDS CLINTON | August 21, 2008 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Terri | August 21, 2008 5:22 PM | Report abuse

I am hearing the choice is Kwame Kirkpatrick. He wants to be employed and he will be out of a job soon.

Posted by: Truthteller | August 21, 2008 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Anne Kornblut:

Considering the dateline and the fact that your post is the only one in google news with "Virginia Favorites", I'm going to assume you were there. I'm also going to assume that you're smart enough to know that asking BHO about his VP pick is pointless at this point in time.

So, let me suggest you do real reporting for a change and ask BHO a question he hasn't heard before, such as this:

Please stop the play-acting and try being a real reporter instead.

Posted by: 24AheadDotCom | August 21, 2008 5:13 PM | Report abuse

President Boyle Headquarters gets 'False Alarm VP" Phone Call from Obama Camp

Thomas Boyle, the Moderate Democrat Nominee-Wanabe at the Denver convention got a phone call from the Obama campaign this afternoon that led to confusion.

"For a minute I thought I was being tapped to be Obama's running mate. I
was a little bit confused as to the purpose of the call since all the VeePee hopefuls are staying real close to the phone this week until Obama makes his choice public. One announcer characterized the hopefuls as 'Nervous school girls waiting for a prom date.' You can
imagine how confused I was to get a call from Obama."

"Turns out it was a canvass caller looking for my support for him, not the VeePee spot,after all. It appears my 'Stealth Bomber Campaign' for the White House, is so low key not even some Obama people know I am running against him for the Democratic
Nomination. I guess I better step it up a notch." said Boyle, the presidential candidate who does not make public appearances or shake hands with strangers 'a dangerous habit
for piano players'. Boyle is an ex-Page in the House of Representatives and a song writer.

Boyle website is PresidentBoyle.com

Posted by: President Boyle | August 21, 2008 5:09 PM | Report abuse

I'll go with Biden. What are the odds?

Posted by: JakeD | August 21, 2008 4:58 PM | Report abuse