The Trail: A Daily Diary of Campaign 2008

Archives

Making the Rounds

Gov. Palin Gets the SNL Treatment -- Again

Tina Fey was back in the role of Gov. Sarah Palin on "Saturday Night Live" last night, interviewed by Amy Poehler as Katie Couric.

Posted at 8:00 AM ET on Sep 28, 2008  | Category:  Making the Rounds
Share This: Technorati talk bubble Technorati | Tag in Del.icio.us | Digg This
Previous: Debate Over, Obama Takes Off the Gloves | Next: Candidate Reaction: Wall Street Bailout Agreement

Add 44 to Your Site
Get This Widget >>

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

From:

Monday, September 29, 2008
The Impulsively Unreflective Duo In..."Crisis on Wall Street!"

The Impulsively Unreflective Duo In:

Crisis on Wall Street!

John McCain is leaning back in a chair in his office in the Fortress of Irritability. An aide is carrying in a map of Spain when the Macphone rings.

McCain (answering): Fire Cox! Send him to Yugoslavia! Hello?

Hank Paulson (on other end of line): John, it's Hank. We are here in the Capitol. Every financial expert is assembled here, John. We have consulted every master, conferred with the widest and most informed authorities, asked every adept. We need you, John, you, with your mastery of financial expertise, to arrive at the door of our ineptitude and help us find an answer.

John. You must...suspend the campaign.

McCain: Suspend the campaign? But...the people need need my expert advice here, Hank. (Aide is unfolding the map on a table, circling Spain in red, and writing in large bold letters "Not Czechoslovakia"). They need me here. Where my acts can matter most. In...

Aide: The Fortress, Sir.

McCain: The Fortress, Hank. I can't just sit up and say "I suspend my campaign." That would look to anyone like the most clear act of political pandering, why, it's just...just...(the "I" on his chest lights up and begins to blink, weakly). I'll do it!

Hank: That's wonderful, John. We'll see you...

McCain: (Standing up, cape waving behind him) In a moment!

Aide: (to McCain): But who will man the fortress?

McCain walks to secret bookshelf. Removes book entitled "Courage". The bookshelf magically spins, revealing a grey vault. McCain turns the combination lock.

McCain: 21...72...23...skidoo...Drat! (starting again) 21...90...I'm sure that I disagreed with President Bush a lot of the time, Senator Obama! (pauses).

Aide: Let me help you with that, Sir (quickly turns the lock left, right and left. The door of the vault slowly opens, with the sound of a vacuum seal.

This reveals a large auditorium, filled with advisers, cameras, and teleprompters. Over loudspeakers, a voice is filling the hall with sound: "The capital of Iraq is...Baghdad. Bagh...dad. The capital of Iran is..."

On the stage is Sarah Palin. She is holding a college text entitled "World Geography".

Palin: Ooooh. I know this one.

An adviser is standing to her right.

Adviser: Take your time, Sarah. Remember--think before you talk.

Palin: I know, I know. Can't I just say "A place that is deserving of our freedoms"?

Adviser: We've been over this before, Sarah. Remember--"Specific is terrific!"

Palin: Specific is terrific. Specific is terrific.

She shuffles her index cards and the loudspeakers intone..."The capital of Iran is...Tehran. Teh...ran."

Palin: Oooooh. They sound so much the same! Iran, Tehran. That's why I can't remember!

As McCain, hands on hips, cape waving, enters the auditorium.

McCain: Sarah.

Both of their "I"s blink briefly.

Palin: Mr. McCain.

McCain: I want you to watch the Fortress until I return. I have a very important mission. About Wall Street.

Palin (to adviser): But I thought Mr. Reagan told Mr. Gorbachev to 'tear down that wall.'

Adviser slowly shakes head.

Palin: But...can't I come on this mission, Mr. McCain? Please? I just know I could help!

McCain: Well, I think that a largely unprepared economic novice, struggling to comprehend concepts that are stumping the most experienced and educated authorities in the area...

Both McCain's and Palin's "I"s blink brightly.

McCain: ...Is just what this market needs! Let's go, Sarah! To the rescue!

Sarah: To the rescue, Mr. McCain!

NEXT EPISODE: The Evil Katie-Woman endangers Palin with a hypnotic confusion device...Questions! Can Sarah resist their terrible power?

Coming this week! On...

The Impulsively Unreflective Duo!

Cite:

Posted by: caraprado1 | September 29, 2008 11:26 AM

SNL also mentioned Tony Rezko.

The Chicago newspapers are reporting that Rezko is meeting with the Federal prosecutors and telling on his friends.

That leads to 3 questions:

Will Obama tell the nation about relationship with Rezko or will he just say as he has said about others "he is just someone I know from the neighborhood and this is not (fill in the blank) I know"?

If elected will Obama retain Patrick Fitzgerald as the United States Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois?

If elected will Obama pardon Tony Rezko?

Answers please!

Posted by: mwhoke | September 29, 2008 9:59 AM

Gator-ron:

I am not a moderator, and I (along with the vast majority of right-thinking Americans) consider D-Day a "victory". See how easy it is to answer questions?

Posted by: JakeD | September 29, 2008 1:11 AM

Sarah as Sarah is as funny as Fey. Sadly. I also found this "Song for Sarah Palin" funny (and the "If Obama Was My Mama" by the same guy):

Posted by: BPupp | September 28, 2008 10:24 PM

Personally, I thought the original interview with Palin was much funnier then SNL. We can be assured that Palin cannot string together any coherent sentence. Republicans will say this doesn't matter- I beg to differ, a VP should be able to answer questions not written by others and without help from a telepromter. Cannot wait for comedy night on Thursday.

Posted by: mack3 | September 28, 2008 8:58 PM

From:

Sunday, September 28, 2008
"Ready"

John McCain chose the woman below as his Vice Presidential candidate.

He is 72 years old. He has been treated for a very serious illness. Four times.

He says that Sarah Palin is "ready to be President."

We are currently in what may be the most serious economic crisis in American history.

COURIC: Why isn't it better, Governor Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families who are struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries; allow them to spend more and put more money into the economy instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

PALIN: That's why I say I, like every American I'm speaking with, were ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health-care reform that is needed to help shore up our economy, helping the—it's got to be all about job creation, too, shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track. So health-care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans. And trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, scary thing. But one in five jobs being created in the trade sector today, we've got to look at that as more opportunity. All those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that.

Read the above again.

Carefully.

Palin will no doubt be prepared with crisp, coherent responses for Thursday's debate. However, the above indicates that this is not a mind that is prepared with the breadth and depth of understanding and knowledge to take on the duties of the President of the United States at a time of financial crisis.

Unlike others, you do not need to act on impulse.

For your country and future.

Think.

(Transcription of Couric interview from Fareed Zakaria, Newsweek)

Cite:

Posted by: robthewsoncamb | September 28, 2008 8:53 PM

Who appointed you the moderator?

-------------------

LOL. Who appointed you internet house mother?
I'll say that as many times as I like.
I'm an American.

Posted by: wpost4112 | September 28, 2008 8:45 PM

washpost4112:

Do you think that D-Day was a "victory"?

Posted by: JakeD | September 28, 2008 1:29 PM

Who appointed you the moderator? Instead of asking a question like big shot, overly impressed with your own self importance, answer the question and move on. Like anybody cares what it is. I'll only say it one time.

Posted by: Gator-ron | September 28, 2008 8:41 PM

Tina fey would make a better veep than sarah palin.
----------------

Tina Fey would make a better President than any of them.

Posted by: wpost4112 | September 28, 2008 8:11 PM

Tina fey would make a better veep than sarah palin.

Posted by: r4147824 | September 28, 2008 7:55 PM

LOL. You can do whatever blows up your skirt.

My answer stands as stated regardless of what you pretend to know what the hundreds of millions of citizens believe, not that that would make it any more true.

If you have an rational argument to make, make it.

Posted by: wpost4112 | September 28, 2008 6:33 PM

You've never heard of MAKEUP, like the actors playing Bill Clinton and Barack Obama wore?

-JakeD
----------------------

John McCain, whose ads skewer Barack Obama for his "celebrity" status, has his own close ties to show business, the new issue of Us Weekly reports exclusively.

The 72-year-old was recently made TV-ready by makeup artist Tifanie White who's worked on So You Think You Can Dance and American Idol.

McCain paid the 2002 beauty-school grad $5,583.43 for her services, according to the Federal Election Commission.

Posted by: wpost4112 | September 28, 2008 6:19 PM

I'm not going to ask a third time. Unless you correct the record, I will take your refusal to answer as "D-Day was not a victory." luckily, the vast majority of Americans would disagree with your opinion.

Posted by: JakeD | September 28, 2008 6:19 PM

Are you saying that D-Day was a "victory" or not? I didn't ask whether it was the "ultimate" victory.

--------------------

My original response stands. D-Day was a successful operation. Iwo Jima was a successful operation.

WWII, in toto, was a victory.

Posted by: wpost4112 | September 28, 2008 5:38 PM

alissa:

Posted by: JakeD | September 28, 2008 5:09 PM

me like sarah palling she got nice safety glasses and big big hair and such a hottie she gotta win so we se her on tv all the time she already got experience meeting leaders at un they even say she hot. me no understand her words on kathi korik but that because she smarter than you and me that why macaine pick her. he is maverik and she is maverik and bush was maverik whatever that mean. so they going win and get payback for countries no do what we tell them like france with their fries and russia too close to alaska looking in sara pallings windows . that is not experience my friends. cant wait to ride her holy rollercoaster when she and macaine win landslide and keep bush policie going and democracy party can like it or lump it palling rules and is hottie!!!!!!!!!!!! me no care what democracy party say them are liberals and dont like tortur cause they sissies palling macaine forever!!!!!!

Posted by: DaveMiner | September 28, 2008 4:44 PM

Besides, I don't remember a nasty facial scar running down the side of Sen Palins face.

Posted by: Thozmaniac | September 28, 2008 1:18 PM |

__________________________________________________________

I hate to burst your bubble, but that's an ACTUAL scar on Tina Fey's face. Either you're a gigantic jerk or you're incapable of using the internet for a simple google search. Either way, open mouth...insert foot - and repeat.

Posted by: alissa_rae01 | September 28, 2008 4:39 PM

Posted by: Thozmaniac | September 28, 2008 1:18 PM |

__________________________________________________________

I hate to burst your bubble, but that's an ACTUAL scar on Tina Fey's face. Open mouth...insert foot - and repeat.

Posted by: alissa_rae01 | September 28, 2008 4:35 PM

Posted by: JakeD | September 28, 2008 4:35 PM

Apparently, Tina Fey concluded that she is for Obama. She should ask Sen. Obama a simple question: Are you qualified to serve as the President of the USA? Sen. Obama has less executive experience than Gov. Palin and he is running for the President. What is even worst, Sen. Obama has no experience in dealing with the economy either. What is even worst, Sen. Biden has none that is zero experience in both areas. Altogether, the Obama/Biden ticket has zero experience put together. To quote another expert on American politics, Matt Damon “This is absurd.”

Posted by: Wiel | September 28, 2008 4:29 PM

Can you answer my question, whether you think it is a meaningless comparison or not?
--------

Sure. D-day was a successful tactic on the path towards ultimate victory over a declared enemy which had invaded lands not their own.

Posted by: wpost4112 | September 28, 2008 4:06 PM

Posted by: JakeD | September 28, 2008 3:31 PM

it would be interesting to see how many of these rabid pro-Palin comments come from the same IP address or block... the center (probably in India) staffed by hundreds, funded by RNC, whose mission is to flood all blogs, comments, etc. with this pro McCain/Palin stuff ... posted over and over.. I've seen the same comments almost word-for-word on so many sites now that there can be no other explanation...

Posted by: washpost31 | September 28, 2008 3:27 PM

Posted by: washpost31 | September 28, 2008 3:25 PM

I'd much rather Palin get the SNL treatment every weekend for 4-8 (or more) years ...

------------------------------

That's what they said about Bush and he nearly destroyed this nation....one can only imagine what McCain/Palin would do.

Hard to laugh at anything if the economy tanks, the Constitution is shredded and Tom Delay is put on the Supreme Court.

Posted by: wpost4112 | September 28, 2008 3:13 PM

Do you think that D-Day was a "victory"?

-----------------------------

One cannot have a "victory" if one has invaded and occupied another country without provocation. There is no victory over "evil"...it is a daily and ongoing struggle.

Comparing WWII and the Iraq occupancy is meaningless, as Petraus realizes.

Posted by: wpost4112 | September 28, 2008 3:07 PM

#1) I wish a journalist would ask Gov. Palin about her staunch beliefs about her churches stance that all other religions except her beliefs are demonic and should not be respected or tolerated. Does she belief in religious cleansing on a global scale?

#2) Today 1000's protest in Alaska about her reversal of cooperation with Troopergate.

#3) Let me see...if your spouse has a DWI, voted only since the age of 25, and has the nickname of "1st Dude", your spouse represents America's values?

#4) Several women are calling for Palin to withdraw from the race.

Posted by: kal2008 | September 28, 2008 2:54 PM

I agree with sherriot. It's really funny b/c it does track so closely with her actualy performance with Katey C, until you realize how frightening that really is.

Also scarey is to hear her style of confabulation and how similar it is to that Ms. Teen contestent from South Carolina.

Posted by: ok2talk | September 28, 2008 2:53 PM

It's not clear to me that mothers of small children can, and should, be making career moves. I think it's responsible to wait until the child is 3-4.

So I don't know. Is Jesus signaling something by sending two babies in very challenging situations into the Palin household. Maybe it's a good time to pray on it and question what are the true priorities right now.

To me, it seems that for America, the priority is getting capable, knowledgeable, prudent leadership. And possibly, for Sarah Palin the priority should be slowing down and being fully present for the baby, and for the baby having a baby. What more important contribution can she make right now for the common good?

Parenting is a sacred duty, too.

Posted by: jadada | September 28, 2008 2:46 PM

Want to see another funny Palin video?

Check out the juxtaposition between Sarah Palin (talking to Katie Couric) and the inane responses given by Miss South Carolina at last year's Miss Teen USA pageant.

If you close your eyes, they sound like the same person.

The video is at:

Posted by: scootmandubious | September 28, 2008 2:45 PM

info42, Biden's howler about FDR and TV is chronologically askew but such details are wholly beside the point of his argument, which is sound. The truth of his position is unaffected by a bad illustration.

In utter contrast, Palin's howlers are her arguments themselves. She's right about Russia being across the Bering Strait but her argument is unsound - the opposite of Biden.

Furthermore, since accepting his nomination, Biden has given 89 interviews - so, of course, he's slipped once. Palin has given three after being carefully prepped.

Posted by: jhbyer | September 28, 2008 2:33 PM

Posted by: JakeD | September 28, 2008 2:18 PM

Sarah is a very attractive woman who will hold her own in the debate.

Posted by: seemstome | September 28, 2008 2:18 PM

Biden does gaffes:
o slips of tongue
o inappropriate unfiltered moments
o thinking TV when it should be radio

Palin does incompetent:
o Bush Doctrine: Boing ?
o My foreign policy experience: Boing ?
o the Bailout Package: Boing ?

* boing is her head making a plucked rubber band sound

Posted by: SkiPete | September 28, 2008 2:00 PM

"Palin aide put on leave is now back on the job"

"A key player in the Legislature's abuse-of-power investigation of Gov. Sarah Palin is back at work for the state."

"A longtime Palin aide who worked on the governor's 2006 campaign, Bailey is now best known for a Feb. 29 phone call to Trooper Lt. Rodney Dial.

In the call, Bailey says Wooten committed various misdeeds, including shocking his son with a Taser.

"Todd and Sarah are scratching their heads: 'Why on earth hasn't this, why is this guy still representing the department?' He's a horrible recruiting tool, you know," Bailey said.

Bailey has said no one asked him to make the call.

Palin shared the call with reporters on Aug. 13. She said she'd just learned of it and denounced it as "just wrong."

Bailey makes $78,528 a year and continued to draw a paycheck while on leave, the Department of Administration reported in August."

Posted by: nowanna3 | September 28, 2008 1:42 PM

Did anybody notice that large portions of the SNL skit were taken verbatim from Sarah Palin's interview with Katie Couric. It isn't really funny-it's terrifying.

Posted by: sherriot | September 28, 2008 1:42 PM

Palin is scary. Here is my SNL skit to be seen:

Scene 1:
President Palin with the generals, with her finger on the trigger for launching the Nukes to Russia:

General 1: "We are on the brink, Madam President. Pick up the red phone and talk to Putin!"

Palin: "That would be blinking! God made me president for a reason!!"

(launches Nukes to Russia)

"Its so exciting to be following GOD's PLAN for Armageddon. The Rapture will be so much fun! Just think, billions of Chinese, Indians, Muslims, and don't you just love it, the Jews, go to Hell!
And me and my Christians friends go to Heaven!"

Scene 2:

There is no scene 2.

Posted by: sailingfree1 | September 28, 2008 1:42 PM

Funny how they never make fun of Biden.

Of all the stupid things Palin has said, none come remotely close to Biden saying that FDR spoke on TV after 1929 stock market crash.

Posted by: info42 | September 28, 2008 1:35 PM

washpost4112:

Do you think that D-Day was a "victory"?

Posted by: JakeD | September 28, 2008 1:29 PM

People still watch this sub-par supposed comedy show?
I stopped watching when all the greats (Akroyd,Chase,Murray) left years ago.

Now it's just a platform for the liberal hate machine.

Posted by: Thozmaniac | September 28, 2008 1:18 PM

Bush LIED, thousands DIED

I'm a 24 year Vet from Illinois who believes Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld prodded America into starting a war of aggression against a paper tiger...and true to form Bush bankrupted the Treasury in the process.

Bush is the terrorist that Mid-Westerners like my family fear. And we do not need more of the same from McCain and Palin.

Posted by: lunsf | September 28, 2008 1:13 PM

----------------------

WE haven't forgotten a thing. Obama showed excellent judgment not to go on SNL when part of the nation was being battered by a hurricane.

Unlike McCain's reckless (and false) "suspension of campaign and debate" dramatics which actually almost destroyed negotiations and this country's credit system.

His choice of Palin was reckless, His campaign dramtics are reckless. His recklessness and Palin's incompetence will destroy this nation if they are allowed in the White House.

Posted by: wpost4112 | September 28, 2008 1:12 PM

People still watch this sub-par supposed comedy show?
I stopped watching when all the greats (Akroyd,Chase,Murray) left years ago.

Now it's just a platform for the liberal hate machine.

Posted by: Thozmaniac | September 28, 2008 1:11 PM

People still watch this sub-par supposed comedy show?
I stopped watching when all the greats (Akroyd,Chase,Murray) left years ago.

Now it's just a platform for the liberal hate machine.

Posted by: Thozmaniac | September 28, 2008 1:09 PM

Please read related article called "Liberals Forgot Obama Stiffed SNL Only Two Weeks Ago! Bring On The Ginko Biloba!" at http://www.cliffyworld.com/blogs

Posted by: Cliffyworld | September 28, 2008 12:59 PM

Posted by: Cliffyworld | September 28, 2008 12:59 PM

Posted by: Cliffyworld | September 28, 2008 12:58 PM

SNL is a joke,
and not a funny one,....

--------------

LOL. Someone doesn't have a sense of humor.

Lorne Michaels is politically conservative.

People laugh because there is an element of truth.

Tina Fey as Palin is just dang funny. Palin is just dang scary...because a un-informed and un-self-aware VP is no laughing matter.

Posted by: wpost4112 | September 28, 2008 12:40 PM

General Petraeus on "Victory in Iraq," something Palin has said is already accomplished...

He said he did not know that he would ever use the word "victory": "This is not the sort of struggle where you take a hill, plant the flag and go home to a victory parade... it's not war with a simple slogan."

Posted by: wpost4112 | September 28, 2008 12:33 PM

SNL is a joke,
and not a funny one,
is 1979, there was
a huge marijuana
problem,
which affected peoples
judgement of what was
funny.
of course,
as americans stopped smoking
pot, cheech and chong got jobs
and for some reason,
SNL,
did not have the wisdom,
to to send lorne micheals
and his bong to cable.
This is your mind on hemp.
obama can be the messiah
of the nutjobs in hollywood,
they want a bi racial liberal
president so badly
they lay awake in fetal
positions
and suck their thumbs.
middle america wants
a president who will confront
terror and Russia.
that is not obama/biden.
the congress reaction to the bailout
shows the true 'no leadership' qualities
of the democratic party.
they are all blame
and NO game.

Posted by: simonsays1 | September 28, 2008 12:31 PM

mrturto:

Billy Crystal played characters who were a different race.

Posted by: JakeD | September 28, 2008 12:24 PM

I think you are referring to the McCain Kennedy immigration bill. McCain did vote for McCain-Feingold.

Posted by: JakeD | September 28, 2008 12:11 PM

NomoStew:
Excellent post.
I don't understand how or why the Iraq situation is always referred to as the Iraq War. It's always been an 'occupancy'. So..how can you ever win an 'occupancy'?? Makes no sense to many, many people especially with almost 5,000 casualties.
Shameful. Needs to end.

Posted by: Flabbergasted1 | September 28, 2008 11:49 AM

Palin will not drop out. The minute she does, McCain is toast. It will be proof that his judgment is deeply flawed and he is not presidential material. Palin will stay. McCain will still be toast, just not as badly burned.

Posted by: wpost4112 | September 28, 2008 11:47 AM

SARAH DUH IS THE WRONG CHOICE BIG TIME.SARAH DUH SHOULD DROP OUT NOW.

Posted by: usapdx | September 28, 2008 11:39 AM

McCain should dump Palin - but he does not know when to hold, when to fold, when to walk away, or when to run. ............

Posted by: glclark4750 | September 28, 2008 11:27 AM

Can anyone wonder why people of talent and a desire to serve the country, and not themselves, will not run for elective office?
To have the media subject a vice presidential candidate to more scrutiny than a Presidential candidate including insinuations regarding the her most recent birth, dutifully picked up and reprinted by major media, subject her family to ridicule makes one wonder why anyone would run unless they were told that would be given a "free pass" by the same media?

Americans deserve the "American Idol" politicians that the media picks for them.

Posted by: Ethicist | September 28, 2008 11:25 AM

Where are all the feminists who believe that every school girl is created equal and should be given hope, that in working hard, achieving an education and "taking advantage of every opportunity", it is possible to reach for the stars, be it as an astronaut, doctor, union representative, writer, Prime Minister or President. You are a little quiet. If you wait for the perfect candidate ...
Guys take advantage of opportunities all the time. You don't really think for a moment Bush was the best candidate? Clinton?

Posted by: justwondering7 | September 28, 2008 11:25 AM

Posted by: Ethicist | September 28, 2008 11:24 AM

I'm just about to puke from Republicans crying foul about the lack of "fair and balanced" coverage whenever one of their candidates is criticized or mocked. Give me a break; nothing is fair and balanced in this day and age. Stick to watching FOX News if you don't like seeing your ticket skewered.

It's too bad McCain already used up his "suspending the campaign" dog-and-pony show to try to wriggle out of the first presidential debate; now what does he have left in his bag of tricks to keep Sarah Palin from showing up in St. Louis for the VP debate and effectively killing his campaign?

The country might have survived Dan Quayle, but George H. W. Bush didn't have one foot in the grave when he took office, either. If McCain's elected, Palin will become president, and everyone who supported the ticket will sorely regret it.

Posted by: ingeniose | September 28, 2008 11:21 AM

Why does Saturday Night Live have a white guy playing Barack Obama ? and where is Al Sharpton ? Their original excuse was that in such a short time, they couldn't find one.
What's their story now ? I thought that the days of having a white guy with black make up playing a black man was over ?

Posted by: mrtutto | September 28, 2008 11:19 AM

JakeD says:

---------------------------------------

Unfortunately McCain-Feingold does not count, since McCain never actually supported it, and when it came up for a vote on the senate floor, he voted against it.

Posted by: SLC_Raider | September 28, 2008 11:19 AM

Good point. The country survived Dan Quayle too.

Posted by: JakeD | September 28, 2008 11:06 AM

What me worry?

After the Palin-Biden debate McCain's campaign will be a stinking corpse.

Posted by: florishes | September 28, 2008 11:06 AM

Weak. The rehash on Russia was the same old SNL we've come to regret. Sort of like Obama's 60's-era policies, marketed as "21st Century." You gotta love K Street, Wall Street, and Madison Avenue.

"New and Improved-Obama. He's Whiter than White, and Black at the Same Time! He's Just Kewl, kids. Get Mom and Dad to register you, just like 1968! Peace Now!"

We're Retro, and think we are New and Original.

Obama and Michelle are unfortunately looking more and more like the New Yorker caricature upon closer examination.

But, "With New Globalism Additive"

The He** with the Middle Class and Middle America, I'm from Harvard Law.

This message approved by Franklin Raines, and his soulmate on the Republican side, Henry Potter Paulson.

No change but chump change.

But, hey, Palin's marketable and Biden's..
ewwwwww! Well, Biden will be funny as VP.

God, political humorists and cartoonists hope for 8 good years out of that buffoon. Palin's short term. Biden's a "sustainable" gaffe source for the new millenium.

Brought to you by the New Millenials in association with the Derivatives Meltdown. A product of the "bright young things" consortium.

God help us.

Posted by: 7thDayNonConformist | September 28, 2008 10:59 AM

This is no longer funny, I'm afraid, because there was not, in reality, that much exaggeration in the piece.

Palin makes Dan Quayle look like Einstein.

Posted by: GeorgHerbet | September 28, 2008 10:50 AM

me no care what democracy party say me like sarah palling she go nice safety glasses and big big hair and such a hottie she gotta win so we se her on tv all the time she already got experience meeting leaders at un they even say she hot. me no understand her words on kathi korik but that because she smarter than average person that why macaine pick her. he is maverik and she is maverik and bush was maverik so they gotta win and get payback for countries no do what we tell them like france with their fries and russia too close to alasta looking in sara pallings windows . dont tell me that is not experience. cant wait to ride her holy rollercoaster when she and macaine win landslide and keep bush policie going and democracy party can like it or lump it palling rules and is hottie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: DaveMiner | September 28, 2008 10:41 AM

530,000 hits on this You tube video.

Posted by: thejaner | September 28, 2008 10:40 AM

Posted by: DaveMiner | September 28, 2008 10:38 AM

why doesn't tina fey just run as VP? I mean, I'd vote for her. in fact, i'd vote for just about any of the women from http://www.womenwholooklikesarahpalin.com LOL!

Posted by: palintologist | September 28, 2008 10:37 AM

I am a Republican who is disgusted by this tax and spend Ditz being on the ticket. I love to laugh at her in the SNL skits, but then reality bites and I recognize that SNL & Tina Fey make her out to be a nicer and more intelligent person than she really is.

Posted by: Guilden_NL | September 28, 2008 10:37 AM

gsidegal:

The "fair and balanced" comment was just spam for the stupid "bop" web site.

Posted by: JakeD | September 28, 2008 10:35 AM

Posted by: JohnnyR1 | September 28, 2008 10:27 AM

Curious, isn't it? Where were all of the calls for fair and balanced television when SNL spent years making fun of Bill Clinton? Many of those skits bordered on being mean. As a Clinton supporter, I didn't complain, it's comedy, and it was funny. A public figure needs to be ready for this. Is Palin ready? I think that the entire country can answer that in a resounding voice, "NO"!

Posted by: gsidegal | September 28, 2008 10:27 AM

Guilden:

"Tax and spend"? I thought the complaint was she cut rape kits and special needs education?

Posted by: JakeD | September 28, 2008 10:25 AM

Posted by: gsidegal | September 28, 2008 10:25 AM

McCain sneered to Palin thinking the
microphone was turned off.."We're gonna win this thing by hook or by crook Sarahbabe!, they have no idea what we're up to..hehe!!" Palin turns to McCain and high-fives him..."John, our base is so stupid they'd vote Bush back into office if they could!"

And so it is this day after Obama's landslide election, if there's one thing we've learned besides gutless lying and bribing voters with ditzy gun-toting babes doesn't work, it's never assume your mike is off

Amen.

Posted by: JohnnyR1 | September 28, 2008 10:20 AM

I will defend Gov. Palin to the death. I don't care about "fair and balanced".

-----------------

Heil Palin!

Posted by: wpost4112 | September 28, 2008 10:19 AM

McCain sneered to Palin thinking the

Amen.

Posted by: JohnnyR1 | September 28, 2008 10:18 AM

Please ethel08: Let's have a debate:
Ill go first:
Palin was for the bridge that she's now against (and didn't return the money the feds sent her for it) and who's administration is now building an access road TO the bridge that she is against. Comment?? Palin's transparency first platform has her refusing to answer subpoenas about Troopergate and she has not, as of this post, complied with the election rules regarding disclosure of personal income taxes. Comment? Palin left her Wasilla 20 million poorer than when she took office. Comment? Alaska under Palin still has the highest number of rapes in the nation. Comment? Palin has left her family to pursue power and glory including a special needs child. Comment? Palin took 6 colleges to get her Bachelors (and sounded like she just barely graduated in Couric's interview) and now you will die to have her be your vice president..??Comment? Yes, a debate would be welcome!

Posted by: JohnnyR1 | September 28, 2008 10:13 AM

Fred was on as Obama.

Posted by: JakeD | September 28, 2008 10:13 AM

Posted by: Guilden_NL | September 28, 2008 10:08 AM

Posted by: Guilden_NL | September 28, 2008 10:08 AM

Posted by: Guilden_NL | September 28, 2008 10:08 AM

Posted by: Guilden_NL | September 28, 2008 10:08 AM

Posted by: Guilden_NL | September 28, 2008 10:01 AM

As a fan of Tina and Amy, I relished their portrayal of masculine women having substance as opposed to feminine women, you know, Hillary does, Sarah doesn't, Ellen does and Portia does not, Rosie yes and Kelli no, Elton yes and David no, … WAIT, now I am confused. Anyway, it was pretty funny.

Posted by: justwondering7 | September 28, 2008 9:58 AM

"Hey right wingers, get a sense of humor. The show doesn't have to be "fair and balanced," which is apparently the demand you make of absolutely anyone and anything that doesn't bow before your candidates. And people wouldn't find it so funny if it weren't striking a chord.

It's a darn comedy show. If you don't like it, don't watch it."

Funny how all the anti-Plinites bark out stuff like this then turn around and provide serious commentary as though the satire is truth providing solid ground for their dribble.

Posted by: durrDdurr | September 28, 2008 9:55 AM

ethel08:

I will defend Gov. Palin to the death. I don't care about "fair and balanced".

Posted by: JakeD | September 28, 2008 9:53 AM

McCain sneered to Palin thinking the

Amen.

Posted by: JohnnyR1 | September 28, 2008 9:48 AM

Am I having a flashback:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WALIARHHLII&feature=related

Posted by: 0423 | September 28, 2008 9:48 AM

ethel08:

I will defend Gov. Palin to the death. Care to respond to any of MY specific points?

Posted by: JakeD | September 28, 2008 9:47 AM

LEFinances:

Since Katie is on the campaign trail with Gov. Palio this week, I thought that was a reasonable answer. You also didn't include the prior question and answer. When I first heard it, I couldn't think of an example either. Only afterwards did I say McCain-Feingold.

Posted by: JakeD | September 28, 2008 9:40 AM

Yet, again the right wing posters on here simply smear the other side, rather than even trying to defend anything Palin said in that interview.

Because they recognize that there's no way they *can* defend what she said in that interview.

If you're so proud of Ms Palin, why not explain what she meant, instead of trash talking other people?

Posted by: ethel08 | September 28, 2008 9:38 AM

It's a darn comedy show. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Posted by: ethel08 | September 28, 2008 9:33 AM

Did Fred Armisen get a skit playing Obama? Just a bit curious how blatent sexism is pointed out and "the press is in the tank for Obama" is high-lighted ONLY when the woman in the race is a DEMOCRAT. No double standard there, right?

Posted by: JakeD | September 28, 2008 9:31 AM

A lampoon, but not far from the original. Read the transcript of the actual Kouric interview--Palin's ignorance is mind-boggling for a VP candidate. Nevermind how ill-prepared the answers were.

Three weeks on the campaign, and Sarah Palin has yet to improve on the fiery, baseless rhetoric of her acceptance speech at the RNC.
Again, a real quote from the actual Couric interview:
Couric: I'm just going to ask you one more time - not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation.
Palin: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.

Huh? High school civics students can do better with one night of preparation. Palin has had 3 weeks.

I assure you, Mrs. Palin, this will not work against Senator Biden on Thursday. America will watch with a critical eye.

Posted by: LEFinance | September 28, 2008 9:31 AM

To point you all in the direction of some unedited (with the exception of the addition of music for humorous effect) Barack Talk, check out:

This is from one of his two memoirs audiobook editions, read by Barack himself (recall, he's written two memoirs and not a single piece of major legislation).

"Asians are worse than the whites"?

"You ain't my b#$%^, N*#%%a"?

Is this the kind of guy we want running our country?

Laff

Posted by: LMyassoff | September 28, 2008 9:26 AM

Why should Barack Obama apologize for something Moveon.org said? Does McCain apologize for everything the right=wing 527s say? Should McCain apologize about the nasty "Obama is a secret Muslim" emails polluting the internet? Let's get serious.

Posted by: edwinluciano | September 28, 2008 9:23 AM

This is from one of his two memoirs audiobook editions, read by Barack himself.
"Asians are worse than the whites"?
"You ain't my b#$%^, N*#%%a"?

Is this the kind of guy we want running our country?

Laff

Posted by: LMyassoff | September 28, 2008 9:22 AM

One bizarre point in the debate for me was when Obama simply let go McCain's constant references to "victory" in Iraq and claim that al Qaeda might take over Iraq if we leave. Nobody even knows what "victory" in Iraq would mean, and at best it's a disingenuous way to refer to our current peace-keeping mission there. Al Qaeda never had a chance to have any influence in Iraq and never will. The majority Shiites hate the radical Sunnis who make up al Qaeda, and the Baathist Sunnis who were the major problem in Iraq have never had much use for al Qaeda - which largely came to Iraq in order to fight us there and will leave when we do. I understand it's a difficult point because so many Americans are deluded about it, but if we are going to have popular support for a sane, reality-based Iraq strategy, it's a point that has to be made. In truth, anyone who refers to "victory" in Iraq either has no knowledge of the truth or, in McCain's case, is willing to suborn a lie for political advantage.

Posted by: NomoStew | September 28, 2008 9:22 AM

McCain won the debate! Palin will win hers!
Tell 5 people to bop NOBAMA 500 times today and everyday. Tell them to tell five people and so on.

Tina Fey, very funny.

But NOBAMA '08

Posted by: acarponzo | September 28, 2008 9:22 AM

Obama in the debate said "General Petraeus has done a brilliant job". Obama's sidekicks have in the past called the General "Betrayus". Where is the AD demanding Obama APLOLOGIZE to the General NOW... This line could have been the SOUND BITE McCain needed....

Posted by: vs11 | September 28, 2008 9:10 AM

Actually, most of Fey's responses were more coherent than the originals. So I'd say SNL is being fair and balanced already.

Yes, I'm looking forward to Biden-Palin as reality TV with high entertainment potential on both sides. But there is a qualitative difference between Biden, high on substance and low on PR, and Palin, low on substance and apparently just as low in PR. There's not much question who is better for the job.

Posted by: NomoStew | September 28, 2008 9:09 AM

Posted by: vs11 | September 28, 2008 9:08 AM

Sarah Palin is SNL's dream politician, and we thought Bush would never be bested....

tons of idiots who could become Presidents in this country thanks to the other 52 million morons.

Posted by: obee1 | September 28, 2008 8:52 AM

I guess it would take up nearly half their show if they were to lampoon Joe Biden's gaffes.

Posted by: BJLeone | September 28, 2008 8:52 AM

From:

Saturday, September 20, 2008
Sarah Palin Meets with Afghan President Karzai (Transcript)

"Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin will meet next week with Afghan President Hamid Karzai in New York, on the sidelines of the opening of the U.N. General Assembly, according to Afghan officials in Washington."--Washington Post

TRANSCRIPT:

Palin: Oh, Mr. President, it is such a pleasure to meet you, you're the first head of state that I have had the opportunity to meet--which is more than many Vice Presidents--and I'm so glad that my first one is an Afghani.

You know, in Trig's class there was a little Afghani? He was the child of one of the oil executives, and he was so cute, with his little turban runnin' around, everyone just loved him, and felt for him...

Karzai: Yes.

Palin: And everyone knew that we just had to defend him and keep him free and that's why I think that with a Palin/McCain...

Palin Aide: (looking up from clipboard) McCain/Palin.

Palin: ...McCain/Palin ticket, we can make sure of that, if we have to attack Russia, even, I mean, to keep people free at home, just like we want to keep our people free. We have so much in common! I know you have the problem with the poppies, and I understand because we have the same problem with the crystal meth in Wasilla? And I said "Look, we've got to shake this up!" and then that's exactly what I said: 'Look, let's just see what we have in common with these guys!" And that's just what you could do with the Taliban, Mr. Karzai. They've already so moral, and they want people to live by the straight and narrow, and they've got the newspapers sayin' and the schools doin' lots of the right things. They just need to get some of the right ideas, and pray to the right Lord. And, if they don't understand, we still have the weapons left over from Iraq, and then we can't blink, we can't blink, can we, Mr. Karzai?

Karzai: (Looks at Palin silently without moving his head. Pauses.). Blink?

Palin: Right. The thing is, we just have to hit the ground runnin', Mr. Karzai. That's what I do. A few weeks ago I didn't even know what a Vice President does! That's why I put a clock on my wall--do you have the same clocks as we do in Afghanistan? With the twelve numbers? (points in air to numbers on air clock)--Anyway, I said "I'm gonna measure just how much time I have left here" and that's what you could do, I think, with the war, Mr. Karzai, is to put up a clock so you know just how much time you have left until you finish it. I tell you, Mr. Karzai, it's such a motivating influence on my staff, the good ones, anyway, they know what they're supposed to finish and when, they hear me sayin' "Look at the clock, people, look at the clock, and know what you have left to finish..."

Karzai: Yes.

Palin: And so I said to my husband, Todd--I call him the "First Dude"--Do you have that word 'Dude' there in Afghanistan?--maybe it's like "Khan" or "Emir" or somethin'?--I said to him, 'Todd, we have to take a look at what's happenin' in Afghanistan--before McCain called or any other thing happened--' cause I saw that Russia was right across from us and then right next to that you have all the Stans (counts cross fingers) Kyrgyzstan, oh, what's the others?--well, you are aware of them, of course, Mr. Karzai (laughs)...

Karzai: (Nods)

Palin: And if we don't let other people know of what I'm aware of, then the world won't change, Mr. Karzai. I know we have the same goals even if we don't have the same God yet...(aide touches Palin on shoulder, whispers). 'Even', not 'yet', I meant 'same God even', Mr. Karzai. And my point is, we can't let others stop our choice, which is freedom for those who deserve it, and that's why I know a Palin/McCain...

Palin Aide: (reaching over to touch shoulder)

Palin: Stop! (brushing aide's hand off)...McCain/Palin ticket will do just what you want, Mr. Karzai...

Second Palin Aide Approaches: It's time for your next appointment, Gov. Palin.

Palin: It was so good meeting you, President Karzai, and all of your other people, it was so good meeting you too! Shalom! (waves, exits)

Karzai: (to his aide, in Pashto): She makes the last one look like the Grand Mufti.

Cite:

Posted by: robthewsoncamb | September 28, 2008 8:52 AM

From:

Saturday, September 20, 2008
Sarah Palin Meets with Afghan President Karzai (Transcript)

TRANSCRIPT:

Karzai: Yes.

Palin Aide: (looking up from clipboard) McCain/Palin.

Karzai: (Looks at Palin silently without moving his head. Pauses.). Blink?

Karzai: Yes.

Karzai: (Nods)

Palin Aide: (reaching over to touch shoulder)

Second Palin Aide Approaches: It's time for your next appointment, Gov. Palin.

Cite:

Posted by: robthewsoncamb | September 28, 2008 8:50 AM

From:

Saturday, September 20, 2008
Sarah Palin Meets with Afghan President Karzai (Transcript)

TRANSCRIPT:

Karzai: Yes.

Palin Aide: (looking up from clipboard) McCain/Palin.

Karzai: (Looks at Palin silently without moving his head. Pauses.). Blink?

Karzai: Yes.

Karzai: (Nods)

Palin Aide: (reaching over to touch shoulder)

Second Palin Aide Approaches: It's time for your next appointment, Gov. Palin.

Cite:

Posted by: caraprado1 | September 28, 2008 8:50 AM

From:

Saturday, September 20, 2008
Sarah Palin Meets with Afghan President Karzai (Transcript)

TRANSCRIPT:

Karzai: Yes.

Palin Aide: (looking up from clipboard) McCain/Palin.

Karzai: (Looks at Palin silently without moving his head. Pauses.). Blink?

Karzai: Yes.

Karzai: (Nods)

Palin Aide: (reaching over to touch shoulder)

Second Palin Aide Approaches: It's time for your next appointment, Gov. Palin.

Cite:

Posted by: caraprado1 | September 28, 2008 8:50 AM

With all due respect, in order for SNL to do a fair and balanced election spoof, they have to hire a black man OTHER than Keenan. As much as it tries to stay relevant, SNL just falls flat by comparison to MadTv.

Posted by: hbfrancis | September 28, 2008 8:50 AM

As and artist, Tina Fey is great. But I do hope when they do the one on her debate with Biden, which I am sure will be a must, they make it fair and balanced in the absurd way this election is going. http://www.bop-o-rama.com

NObama '08