Obama Raises Record $10 Million Since Palin Speech

Updated 8:27 p.m.
By Matthew Mosk
For a week, Sen. John McCain's campaign has been crowing about the gobs of money that have rolled in since he selected Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate.

Now Sen. Barack Obama's team is getting into the act.

The Obama campaign said tonight it broke its single-day fundraising record, raising more than $10 million in the 24 hours since Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin gave her speech.

"I hope she gives a speech every single day," said Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton.

"Sarah Palin's attacks have rallied our supporters in ways we never expected," he said. "And we fully expect John McCain's attacks tonight to help us make our grassroots organization even stronger."

By Web Politics Editor  |  September 4, 2008; 5:15 PM ET
Categories:  Barack Obama , The Green Zone
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Georgia GOP Congressman Calls Obama 'Uppity'
Next: Joe Gibbs to Speak Tonight, Skins Fans Torn

Comments

OBAMA LIES ABOUT OUTSOURCING TO FOREIGN SOIL!

Barack and Howard Dean are using a company called Donor Services Group in Los Angeles that has an outsource call center in Manila, Philippines to handle their fund raising efforts. T his isn't the only company they are using that is open about sending American Jobs to foreign soil. Both Obama and Dean know this but they are getting great rates on with low wages and this works in their efforts to mislead the public on jobs.

Donor Services Group is a minimum wage company that does not pay a fair wage to nearly 150 staffers and refuses to pay for all hours worked and makes WalMart look like a very generous company!

Both DNC and Barack know this and don't care that the company uses harsh tactics on the staff to get money raised.

Posted by: Corwin | September 7, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Who pays attention to the polls? Remember New Hampshire in the primaries, Obama was set to beat Hillary, ahead by 12 pts. and she won! I don't trust those polls......I've never been polled nor has any of my family nor anyone I know for that matter. So where do they get these figures from. Have you or anyone you know been polled? I would like to hear from someone who has...!

Posted by: Leslie | September 7, 2008 8:43 AM | Report abuse

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense, make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.”
— Jesus Christ, Matthew 23: 14-15

Posted by: Hypocrites R Us | September 5, 2008 7:18 PM | Report abuse

Lots of complaints about the economy.

The economy must not be that bad, if you can afford to raise 10 million in a day.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

"But whatever, if I was rich I wouldn't give a crap about the economy either!"

You are not in her tax bracket, she paid more in taxes last year, than most people will make in 10!

I've got no problem with giving people a piece of the pie. they have to help bake it though!

Posted by: 67790 | September 5, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

"His was a scripted nomination."

I agree with this.

He lost by popular vote in many state primaries and was still tapped by state delegates and supers.

Delegate votes were improperly divided between the candidates both in instances where he won and he lost, often to his advantage.

Your primary votes were meaningless.

Posted by: Change for who? | September 5, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Sooo, if you have money, it's totally cool to just throw it away, since it's a meaningless commodity to you! It all makes sense now.

I guess the burden of fixing our economy lies squarely on the shoulders of people who can barely afford to live day to day, let alone purchase enough American made goods to help it out in any way. But whatever, if I was rich I wouldn't give a crap about the economy either! I could just live off my inheritance while the average American falls deeper into poverty.

Thank god we're considering electing someone who falls into this category! I'm glad the McCain family considers money meaningless, I mean, I wouldn't want the president to be affected by the recession (which is something we all made up in our heads anyway!!)

Posted by: Breccia | September 5, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

'Dems should be throwing $300,000 into one outfit like Cindy McCain! Now THAT'S responsible!!"

She can afford to, she has the money.

If you're spending your days blogging around on the internet, and living paycheck to paycheck.

You don't.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

"Sarah Palin's attacks have rallied our supporters in ways we never expected"

Might have rallied them, but didn't increase them...

He doesn't have enough of a lead going into the general.

Posted by: 233789 | September 5, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Laugh all you want, you're the ones dumping money down this losing cause.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 11:21 AM | Report abuse

"Pretty typical fiscal responsibility for the Dems. We're practically in a recession and you people are throwing your money away."

LOL I KNOW!!! Dems should be throwing $300,000 into one outfit like Cindy McCain! Now THAT'S responsible!!

Posted by: Breccia | September 5, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

There are at least 10 postings on this thread that state despite living pay check to paycheck, and not being able to afford it, they are still contributing to this cause. You think this is some sort of badge of honor?!?!

You know, Barack is supposed to have this humongous lead in cash due to his decision to flip-flop on public financing.

If he has such a gigantic advantage, then why do you people keep sending cash? I've read publications that state he has as much as a 200 million advantage! The polls aren't showing it... Cash obviously isn't making him more popular. How much is enough?

The democratic leadership is making you act like lemmings with your money!

He's doing no better now in the polls against this rival than he was at the end of the primaries when he lost a significant amount of the states to Hillary.

He should have at least a 15 point advantage at this stage of the race! Money isn't changing that...

The current polls do not support this kind of spending. What are you getting for it? The right to say you spent your paycheck contributing to this pop-culture?

What are you going to have to show for it should he lose in November, a rich national party that ignores your personal vote?

Throw as much money as you want at this, ultimately it isn't energizing your base, it's re-energizing the Republican base!

Throwing money at him won't make him more popular, and you people need to sit down with the Democratic leadership and inquire why your personal vote wasn't counted.

His was a scripted nomination.

Posted by: Palin changed this race | September 5, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

That´s why we all should vote for the republican party. The party of a famous fiscal conservative called george Bush who increased the debt from 5.6 to 9.6 trillion Dollar.
four trillion: 4 000 000 000 000 ??

Wow, perhabs i should ask a republican to publish this huge number here

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Change – cause that’s all you’ll have when I’m done…

Posted by: Duhhh | September 5, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Alice:

You do realize they were making fun of her being a mayor, right?

Anonymous:

I'm still waiting for you to pick a real name.

Posted by: JakeD | September 5, 2008 6:19 AM | Report abuse

When our country was still a series of colonies owned by the British Empire, our founding fathers came together as "community organizers" to declare independence. George Washington put together the Continental Army with the help of "community organizers," and American "community organizers" rallied the people for revolution. Grass roots activism is what American democracy is all about. To make fun of "community organizing" experience is to make fun of the American experience.

Posted by: Alice | September 5, 2008 3:08 AM | Report abuse

McCain can claim (the way Dubyah did) that he will reach across the aisle, but to pick a Creationist, anti-environmental, library-censorer wannabe suggests exactly the opposite. She scares me, and it scares me more that that was his choice. Either he made his choice on a whim, or he had an inept vetting team, or (worst of all?) this was his measured choice. They scare me.

The snide remarks about community organizers, the bedrock of a free society, were the last straw. We just made our first donation ever to any candidate.

Posted by: Conrad in Texas | September 4, 2008 11:05 PM | Report abuse

Or you can donate to the McCain/Evil Betty Crocker ticket and be guaranteed no job, a repossessed car, a foreclosed home, $5-a-gallon gas, books banned from the library, endless war, women being forced to have rape babies, our beaches destroyed with oil rigs, countless unwed pregnant teens because now it's so cool and watch as rich Republicans reward corporations with billions in tax breaks and give government contracts to their friends.

What a deal.

Posted by: TopJack | September 4, 2008 10:48 PM | Report abuse

JakeD, still waiting for your response to the following:

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 9:54 PM | Report abuse

After listening to "Palincomparison-to-Biden"'s speech last night, I donated my highest single amount of $250.00 as a part of my plan to contribute the maximum amount of $2300 to the Obama campaign before the general election.
Yes, I'm scared - I'm scared because Palin views the war against the Middle East as a holy war -- I'm scared to DEATH that if the McCain/Palin tickeet wins, we will be at war with IRAN within 6 months! I have NO doubt of it!

Posted by: SueinPA | September 4, 2008 9:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SueinPA | September 4, 2008 9:36 PM | Report abuse

I think its funny how Obama can speak against Palin and they say he is 'charging' her to answer or 'calling her out'. But when ANYONE criticizes Obama they are 'attacking.

too funny.

I am also living off of credit cards.... but I have welfare...and have traded my foodstamps for 50 cents on the dollar so I can get cash and give it to Obama. I can get it back when he gets in office

Posted by: Don | September 4, 2008 9:17 PM | Report abuse

i am unemployed living off my credit cards but after watching palin's vitriolic rant last night at 1am i was charging 50.00 to obama. i think this woman will turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to obama. i was upset with him for not hitting back, hard, but after listening to her speech he is a man of class and quality with a real plan for this country's real issues

Posted by: shirley | September 4, 2008 8:38 PM | Report abuse

"VOTE OBAMA/BIDEN AND VOTE WITH GOD"

Should I even try to touch the theological problems with this?

So does this mean that because Bush won twice, God is with Bush?

And if you raise the example of Jesus, then why did Jesus reject earthly power and authority?

Seriously, get a grip.

Posted by: blert | September 4, 2008 8:00 PM | Report abuse

I've never donated to any political campaign in my life, but after last night's speeches, I've committed my money, energy and vote to Obama. I'm sick and tired of the fear-mongering, Bush-McCain message. Enough IS enough. Ironically, it was Palin who energized this conservative to do something for a change.

Posted by: cm | September 4, 2008 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Nope, I didn't send one dime to the Savior.

Posted by: NOT ME | September 4, 2008 7:51 PM | Report abuse

I doubt those numbers are accurate

Posted by: bumblebee | September 4, 2008 7:50 PM | Report abuse

toritto wrote:

"If 'small town working class' voters in Ohio, Pa., Michigan and Indiana re-elect the GOP then I don't want to hear anymore whinng from them about their disappearing jobs and livlihoods, the high cost of college and gas, lack of health care etc."

Funny, but it was a Democrat who pushed through the trade agreements against the will of the American people, and which resulted in massive movements of manufacturing jobs overseas. NAFTA? Clinton. China in the WTO and with Most Favored Nation trading status? Clinton.

And since regulations put in place by Democrats are preventing new refineries from being built, plus the absurd cost of putting ethanol into gasoline, Dems deserve a portion of the blame here, too.

As for health care and college costs, pray tell how the Republicans are responsible for either of these. Last time I checked, Democrats were raking in just as much or more from health care industry lobbyists. And college costs? Those bastions of liberalism are actually controlled by Republicans? Get real!

Posted by: buzzardist | September 4, 2008 7:50 PM | Report abuse

I was also shocked about the speech killing community service. That is being promoted in schools, some basic lessons in our schools to teach about giving back and getting involved to make or help push for improvements, and Palin got up there ....I wonder what the youth thought of that, or other college students. Parents? What a role model of a speech.

This isn't intended to be an insult, but I want to say that I don't believe she knew better. I don't have children yet, but they will definitely learn about the giving aspect of giving back to their community, or simply giving themselves through their efforts (perhaps backed by my faith in a sense); whether at work, visiting with friends, or simply for serious causes. I will highly promote that.

Posted by: Obama2008 | September 4, 2008 7:48 PM | Report abuse

As I was reading my King James Bible last night I noticed something very disturbing. There is a hero in the Bible and there is a villian.

The HERO is a COMMUNITY ORGANIZER named JESUS.

The VILLIAN was a GOVERNOR named PONTIUS PILOT.

VOTE OBAMA/BIDEN AND VOTE WITH GOD

Posted by: GOD IS VOTING FOR OBAMA | September 4, 2008 7:46 PM | Report abuse

Hey from Canada:

Just wanted to say that "Obama and Unity?" you sound like a friggin' crazy person!! Just one quick question. . . are you cleaning your rifle yet?

Oh, and as for Obama being a "black supremacy "christian"(sic)" . . . have you ever heard that phrase when somebody farts that goes something like "who ever said the rhyme did the crime"? . . . Do you get my point? Probably not.

Posted by: Liam Smith | September 4, 2008 7:44 PM | Report abuse

McCain is 71 and for the sake of the America and the rest of the world if he wins the election lets hope he is fit and very healthy. Having Palin a heartbeat away from being president is a truly frightening prospect.

Imagine having Palin with her finger hovering over the trigger as Commander in Chief

Posted by: NZ Perspective | September 4, 2008 7:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Meredith from Michigan | September 4, 2008 7:06 PM
------------------------------------------
Thank you, Meredith! Teachers, nurses, child care workers, first responders--anyone who works with the needs of people in the community--those are among your community organizers, folks--many of whom are women!

I gave Barack Obama $50, too--and dedicated it to the community organizers denigrated by Palin's speech last night!

Posted by: tellthetruth | September 4, 2008 7:41 PM | Report abuse

klhood

I noticed that statement and then some. On our bills it says, "In God We Trust" and it does not show in how we uphold the Constitution indeed. They're still humans, and the least we can do is give them fair, reasonable treatment that reflects our own values behind the Constitution As A People: People of America.

Some don't share our view. It's not about treating them "soft." It's about going about our missions while upholding the basis of what We As A People of this great country, Stand For. They don't get it.

Posted by: Obama2008 | September 4, 2008 7:40 PM | Report abuse

I'm an old retired guy and I can honestly say it won't matter to me in the long run who wins this election. I do believe however that the current administration has been the worst in my lifetime (born during FDR).

If "small town working class" voters in Ohio, Pa., Michigan and Indiana re-elect the GOP then I don't want to hear anymore whinng from them about their disappearing jobs and livlihoods, the high cost of college and gas, lack of health care etc.

Screw 'um. Cling to your guns and religion. Pray to Jesus when you go hunting for a meal. You will deserve what you get.

I got mine already. I live comfortably in the sunny south on a golf course, got my steady income, my medicare and prescription drug coverage. We won't run out of gas before I go and the planet won't get too hot.

As Johnny Carson used to say - I upped my lifestyle - up yours!

God helps those who help themselves - if you're in deep doodoo economically and you vote Republican you deserve it.

Posted by: toritto | September 4, 2008 7:39 PM | Report abuse

Hey "Obama and Unity?"

Give it a rest.

Barack getting too "uppity" for you?

Posted by: toritto | September 4, 2008 7:37 PM | Report abuse

After watching that speech and then the response, i was in shock. did we watch the same speech? that speech was so petty and small, mean-spirited and mocking. What put me over the top was when she said that all the "opponents" cared about when Al Qaeda was trying to kill us all was whether they were read their rights! And people cheered! I felt sick to my stomach. What's the point of anything without the Constitution? I wondered if those people even knew what they were cheering. After that comment, I immediately called every brother and sister in my family (I have 8) and my dad (who is 75 and leaning toward McCain) and begged each of them to vote for Obama, if only for that reason. I called my brother who is about to go back to Afghanistan and told him there was no choice except Obama. Then, I gave the campaign money. that comment and the crowd's reaction scared the hell out of me. it should scare us all into action!

Posted by: klhood11 | September 4, 2008 7:32 PM | Report abuse

The most divisive candidate in this political century is Black Liberation Theolgist Barack Husien Obama. He followed this divisive and racist religion for 20 years.

His black supremacy "christianity" is an assault on Latinos, Whites, Asians, Native Americans, Jews and Catholics.

NO Democrat need talk about the Republican Party being divisive. When you live in a chipped glass house, do not throw stones. The house will shatter.

Posted by: OBAMA and Unity? | September 4, 2008 7:32 PM | Report abuse

"We live in a republic, not a democracy."

Posted by anonymous

Hey Anon! Been hearing that since the John Birch Society started using it in the '50s. That's when the right was calling Eisenhower a communist.

If you believe it, try to get your party to support and defend the Constitution. Little things - you know - like reading prisoners their rights.

:-)

Posted by: toritto | September 4, 2008 7:31 PM | Report abuse

Loud message and clearly. We're onto this election like no other. All supporters behind a Democrat this year for quite valid reasons, we must get it right this time! Keep up the work and support. We are very serious this time! Before they attempt to give us more of what we clearly do not want, they will come to know The People are not to be underestimated especially This Time Around. There's too many issues, to receive further neglect on them. Stand strong and Keep Paying Attention!!

"There's something going on, and It's Big!!" - Ron Paul was right.

Obama/Biden '08

Good luck McCain/Palin :)

Posted by: Obama2008 | September 4, 2008 7:31 PM | Report abuse

I doubt those numbers are accurate

Posted by: bumblebee | September 4, 2008 7:28 PM | Report abuse

Listening to the speaches last night I felt very belittled. I am a college graduate I have a career that makes very ok money but I am still struggling because of this economy. They said we are basically waiting for the government to bail us out. I don't sit at home get a check from the system ask the government for nothing, nothing for a hand out( and thats not meant to affend anyone because alot can't help it). I have to make gas a separate bill a month because I travel far distance(20 min) to work, I have a teenage child that loves to eat (groceries are hurting me),I had to actually go to a food drive that hurt me, more of my pride but I had to do what I had to do for my kids.I have signed back up to go back to school which is going to add more to my 20 thousand dollars that I am already in debt. I spend a great amount out of my check for health care. I don't won't no hand out I make enough that I should not be going through all of this no matter how much I go to get of this struggle the economy holds me back. I need some one we need someone who's going to straighten the economy up right get it back balanced for all single parents, college students, for us all who's being effected with these and more issues of today. And their speaches last night just told me on basically on my own. I wouldn't care if the agenda, and policies that came out of Obama's mouth came out of Mccain(Republican) and I was a Democrat' Mccain would have my vote, I wouldn't care if he was purple or blue alien it would have my vote.He's done enough for me he care and his background tells a story that he cares. I will stick that and beleive in that. OBAMA_BIDEN

Posted by: Kesshia | September 4, 2008 7:24 PM | Report abuse

“The 2008 version of the “Beverly Hillbillies”. (In HDTV)

Come 'n listen to my story 'bout a family named Palin
And a cute politician, got the GOP a wailin’
And then one day, she was shootin' at some food (moose)
And up through the ground come some troublin news
McCain, that is, short and old, more of the SAME - Bush term three

Well, the first thing you know, old McSame’s under a glare
The smart folks said, Sarah, you don’t want to go there
Said, Wash DC, is the place you ought not be
People loaded up the WEB with facts and hyperbole
Newzz, that is, camera crews, MSM stars.

Well, now it's time to say goodbye to Sarah and all her kin
They would like to thank you folks for kindly droppin' in
You're all invited back again to her locality
To have a heapin' helpin' of the Palin hospitality
Hillbilly, that is, set a spell, take your shoes off
Ya’ll don’t stay too long now, YA HEAR!!!!!

Posted by: Lame McSame | September 4, 2008 7:23 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Palin for ratcheting up the donations to the Deocratic campaign. Are we really supposed to be afraid you will say something nasty about us Democrats? You are already on record as being nasty to anyone and everyone who dares to stand up to you. We are Democratic men and women of morals, honesty and integrity, Yes, we have our backsliders. But what family doesn't? Except of course the Republican Party super religious righteous liars, torturers and war mongers. War in Afghanistan against AlQaeda, who attacked us, YES. But spport for the Slaughter and wounding of thousands of our troops in
the Republican Party war against Iraq, who did not attack us, and the slaughter of tens of thousands of Iraqi men, women and children, because the present pseudo macho Republican President, George Walker Bush and psuedo macho Vice President Dick Cheney and their psuedo macho Republican neo-con nitwits, who all lied so they could have the war they so badly wanted on inauguration day 1/20/2001, NO. ---And oh yes Palin it would have been nice if your newest infant,Johnny boy McCain, had shown some guts and used his supposed military smarts to at least try to stop what was obviously an unnecessary war in Iraq, instead of being its chief cheerleader, which McCain continues to be today.

Posted by: russell | September 4, 2008 7:21 PM | Report abuse

That's right Obama supporters, let's keep those donations coming...McBush has to use all of the money he has raised from the primary by the end of the week. He has to now rely only on the public finance....It's time to send Obama to the whitehouse....let's clear the American air of the smog of the redneck, racist, divisive, PWT republican party...send them back to hell!

****************************************
I got my checkcard out right now to donate more $$$$$!

Posted by: BITTER IN SOMD | September 4, 2008 7:21 PM | Report abuse

We live in a republic, not a democracy.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 7:18 PM | Report abuse

As Johnny Carson used to say - I upped my lifestyle - up yours!

Posted by: toritto | September 4, 2008 7:18 PM | Report abuse

"I gave another $200 to Obama this week in response to the pitbull speech."

So you believe that money is the best way to counter free speech.

How very Democratic of you.

Posted by: WylieD | September 4, 2008 7:17 PM | Report abuse

Thank you, Meredith!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Cindy McCain spends that much on dresses in a month!

Her dress she wore on Monday was over $300,000.

How much more elitists can the McCain's get?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Guys, whether you like Obama or McCain... you should check out some statistics before calling each other stupid. You can find a lot of good bi-partisan information on www.gallup.com. They make it their business to gather stats. The fact is that Obama supporters are generally more educated. Now take if from someone who is in law school... just because you have gone to school for longer it does not mean you are necessarily smarter. Still the statistics are there. The older, more religious, and less educated are pulling toward the McCain camp. The younger, more secular, and educated are pulling toward Obama.

Posted by: Know the Facts | September 4, 2008 7:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Linali: "I'm glad the idiots of this country are getting poorer."

There, in a nutshell, is the sum total of Republican values. I gave another $200 to Obama this week in response to the pitbull speech.

Posted by: valerie | September 4, 2008 7:12 PM | Report abuse

It's 8 million since her speech last night. Please correct the story.

Posted by: Boxie | September 4, 2008 7:10 PM | Report abuse

I finally coughed up some money for Barack that I really couldn't afford right now. My employer is cutting all employees back to 32 hours per week. And what I do is take care of all the children out their that are born with Down Syndrome and myriad other handicaps when their families become to old to take care of them. All the cuts mental health has taken in the last 8 years and before in Michigan by way of Republican Engler is really taking its toll. Don't forget Hubert Humphrey had a child with Down Syndrome too. There are lots of people who understand but darned few of them are Republicans! I could carry on endlessly about how Republicans don't care about anything but their money. Everyone in this nation contributes to the welfare of this country not just Republicans.

Posted by: Meredith from Michigan | September 4, 2008 7:06 PM | Report abuse

Sheesh WaPo - get you story right AT LEAST ..

Senator Barack Obama’s presidential campaign is reporting that it has taken in $8 million over the Internet since Mrs. Palin’s speech, in which she tore into Mr. Obama.

Or are you shilling for the GOP .. real reporters huh..
check this real reporting.

Obama's coffers have been filling since Sarah Palin attacked him repeatedly in St. Paul last night.

An Obama aide confirms Drudge's report that Obama has raised about $8 million from more than 130,000 donors and is on pace to raise $10 million by the time McCain reaches the stage tonight.

Posted by: muchiruk | September 4, 2008 7:05 PM | Report abuse

Are Hockey Moms Grown In Hell?
What does it say about a person who jokes that lipstick is the only difference between herself and a pit bull… a dog known from multiple news reports for being unrelenting, uncontrollable and a deadly killer of children and people…?

Posted by: tank | September 4, 2008 7:04 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, what? 10 million in a week? Hasn't that been their pace of fundraising for months?

Posted by: Rory | September 4, 2008 7:04 PM | Report abuse

So experience as a community organizer may be helpful in building voter support in communities around America and then in leading the healing of communities wounded by the lunacy of the past 8 years.

Posted by: DWinFC | September 4, 2008 7:01 PM | Report abuse

I just left Baracks page donating money after I read the email his campaign sent me. If you guys are tired of the McBush politics we have got to get Barack into office.

Posted by: Maryland | September 4, 2008 7:01 PM | Report abuse

ginger:

If you deliberately killed one of your daughters, should we just let that slide too?

Posted by: JakeD | September 4, 2008 6:55 PM | Report abuse

I am voting for OBAMA for all the right reasons!

Posted by: iodine123 | September 4, 2008 6:55 PM | Report abuse

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." -- How true, how true. It's amazing how far the Obama campaign has gone.

I'm glad the idiots of this country are getting poorer. I hope you're happy your hard earned money is going to somebody with more than enough money. Hope America get an extra Obama-Biden billboard for your trouble :)

Posted by: Linali | September 4, 2008 6:50 PM
_____________________________________________

If it would hurt me financially, I wouldn't be giving. Are you insinuating, in Great On Propaganda style that all Obama supporters are poor and cant "afford" to give what they are giving.

Perhaps they are just sick and tired of being sick and tired of the last 8 years.

Aren't you? (smile)

Dont answer that. One thing Republicans are, is loyal. Jeffrey Dahmer could be your GOP pick and you would swear he was Christ Incarnate.

Posted by: Concernedaboutdc | September 4, 2008 6:55 PM | Report abuse

Palin is a diversion, after all McCain camp is trying to make this election about personalities rather than the issues.

--------------

Are you serious? Most would agree that Obama wins hands down in personality. It's the issues he struggles with.

Posted by: Linali | September 4, 2008 6:54 PM | Report abuse

I've given twice to Obama's campaign. The first time I gave was right after McCain aired his Paris/Britney ad. The next time was this week after I found about Palin's extreme views on abortion.

Posted by: Shannon | September 4, 2008 6:54 PM | Report abuse

thebob.bob:

You are aware that Obama's on O'Reilly tonight, right?

Posted by: JakeD | September 4, 2008 6:53 PM | Report abuse

All I know is that as a mother of 4 girls,palin scares me!!!If my daughters got in a "situation" where there was a life changing decision to be made, I would like to beleive that as an American,it should be her decision to make!!!Why should our daughters be told by someone who does not know them what the right choice for her is!! Lets not forget we already went thru this some 15 years ago!!!Maybe her daughter was lucky to be in the situation where thw father was going to marry her,but that is not the norm!!!Its a personal decision.... leave it that way!!She sure was smart to leave her closeminded opinions out of her speech,its a lot easier to hammer a man who thinks that we the people are smart enough to be part of something to great for them to even comprehend!! Idecided against watcing tonight, I feel that hatred breeds ignorance,and I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!

Posted by: ginger | September 4, 2008 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Up until last night I was not planning on donating any time or money to the Obama campaign during the general election. Then I heard Ms. Palin....I plan on giving every free moment I have to Obama/Biden so PA stays blue. There is no way we can allow 4 more years of the same policies, hateful rhetoric, and disregard for the average American's current standard of living. I encourage all of you to get involved if you don't want more of the same.

Posted by: Kathryn | September 4, 2008 6:33 PM

----------------------------------------------

I am there with you. Best way to help is to get with a local campaign office and make calls, register voters, and of course give money.

I live in D.C. so this is a given for Barrack, so, I'll try and get students at the many local colleges registered, perhaps they are VA/MD residents. I'll even work a phone bank.

Bad manners in politics has to go. Palin's incouragibly sarcastic and tactless attempt at character assassination, has financially backfired. The Rovian Bombshell has become the Obama cash cow.

America is showing her disdain for the status quo, the GOP will have to get WITH it or get OUT of the way.

Posted by: Concernedaboutdc | September 4, 2008 6:51 PM | Report abuse

Lou R:

Please don't whine about McCain receiving public financing when Obama reneged on his promise to "aggressively pursue an agreement" for the same amount of money.

Posted by: JakeD | September 4, 2008 6:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Linali | September 4, 2008 6:50 PM | Report abuse

Sarah Palin is diversion, Obama camp should ignore her and deal with McCain.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 6:48 PM | Report abuse

Money talks. Donate to Obama, boycott Fox.

Aside from the 25% dead-end kool-aid drinkers, America watched last night and turned its back on the hate and division espoused by the new Republican messiah and rock star. No content but she sure gives a good speech.

A desperate move by a failing campaign. The Republicans are finished.

Posted by: thebob.bob | September 4, 2008 6:46 PM | Report abuse

Folks,

This is one of the most hilarious pieces I've seen in a long time. Jon Stewart just takes down Rove and Co. with their OWN words. Check it out:

Posted by: Yeah Right | September 4, 2008 6:46 PM | Report abuse

People you need to get off your high horses and get a grip. Cotton Hill believes in womens equality. as an example he will also send many of them to the middle east (except Afgahnistan, Benny might actually still be there) to die also.

Posted by: THE curious black | September 4, 2008 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Funny how she can blow her own smoke about the on the go life style hockey mom, gun toting , lipstick wearing republican Pit Bull, but let a liberal or even centerd newscaster say one word about her or her family and were being "sexist"??? Screw that, repugnant.You put the lipstick on the pit bull, so we will do what we can to uncover the truth to the show, smoke and mirrors.

I gotta say ,though. Its exactly as i expecte,.An entire campaign, convention built on everythin everyone else is doing, but no substance of their own.Perfect GOP practices.It might not be the same GOP that Bush has dragged through the mud, but Johhny boy and Sara Bell sure are doing their best to do the same as before.

Posted by: mullett | September 4, 2008 6:43 PM | Report abuse

I rarely make political contributions. Today I did, to Senator Barack Obama.

Posted by: miguel | September 4, 2008 6:39 PM | Report abuse

I was a big Hillary supporter and donated quite a bit to her but never planned to donate to Obama. That's all changed now, with the Palin pick. The limit is $2,300, right? Count me in!!

Posted by: Linda T | September 4, 2008 6:38 PM | Report abuse

It is 8 million since LAST Night. Please correct your story!

Posted by: HKK | September 4, 2008 6:37 PM | Report abuse

Amen Kathryn.

I received the Plouffe email last night asking for volunteers in PA. I signed up immediately in October.

Posted by: kate in NYC | September 4, 2008 6:37 PM | Report abuse

a pitbull is a dog, a female dog is called a BIT*H, unless you put lipstick on it and call it Sarah. I think that self description may come back to haunt her.

Posted by: THE curious black | September 4, 2008 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Kathryn | September 4, 2008 6:33 PM | Report abuse

Make that $8 million and $50 dollars. After last night, i had to send more loot.

Posted by: kate | September 4, 2008 6:33 PM | Report abuse

It could turn out the McCain VP choice becomes a significant fund raiser for the opposition. Tonight Grandpa McCain gets to tap into the taxpayer provided $85M for his campaign through November 4th. The money McCain received since the Palin announcement is Primary campaign money unless the Republicans figure a way to bypass the law which the Bush Administration has mastered.
McCain = Corporations First---Obama = People First!

Posted by: Lou R | September 4, 2008 6:30 PM | Report abuse

Well, I am glad my donation this afternoon was a part of something alot greater.

After seeing excerpts of Palin's speech, of which all I could sense was hillbilly sarcasm, division and character attacks, the SAME thing that I have been forced to absorb twice in the last 8 years by this GOP president during his campaigns, as opposed to a poised, statesman-like lady, I was inspired to do my part to protest what has become a Barnum & Bailey GOP show.

I decided to put my money where my mouth was and give a little bit extra above the monthly campaign contribution that automatically comes out of my account to the Obama/Biden campaign. I have learned many years ago, that nothing speaks louder in politics in the U.S of A like greenbacks.

After all that is what the DNC and RNC are all about, stirring people up to open up their wallets. However, it looks that Palin has ignited the wrong side.

I see alot of the Republican bloggers posturing as if Palin took the steam out of the Barrack momentum, when, in fact, it looks like his supporters were taking time away to make electronic cash transfers to the campaign.

Democrats!!! this is exactly what the RNC did NOT want to see happen. It shows that when they behave in less than a dignified manner and go on a character attack, they may as well funnel more cash in support of the Obama/Biden campaign.

Remember, you answer disrespect with $$$.

This is a good lesson for the GOP to learn. Maybe now they will begin talking about issues versus disrespecting the million of community activists in America, that would include Barrack, that have devoted their lives to fixing the messes that politicians have created.

Posted by: Concernedaboutdc | September 4, 2008 6:28 PM | Report abuse

Peg Bundy gave a good fiery speech last night, made Cotton Hill into the hero he always claimed to be. and as always she frightened a lot of people who oppose her. look at the market sell off today, we are afraid these two rabid western hired guns will get into the whites house and make all of us with earnings under $5 million file for bankruptcy sooner rather than never.
Get your foreclosure papers ready people, the line at the bank is gonna get long fast.

Posted by: The curious black | September 4, 2008 6:28 PM | Report abuse

In case you don't have time to read the whole feed of comments, this one puts it best...

Palin may very well be charming, strong, and well-spoken. Lots of people are charming, strong, and well spoken. My mechanic is charming, strong, and well spoken. And he is very good at his job, but that doesn't mean he should be vice president. It is a very hard job. Does she understand tax law? Can she analyze briefs? Is she able to make a fair judgement considering all sides of an argument? I really doubt it. Running one of the most powerful countries in the world requires more than a journalism degree and governship over less than a million people.

Posted by: Katherine | September 4, 2008 6:07 PM

Posted by: WendyS | September 4, 2008 6:27 PM | Report abuse

It's 8 million since her speech last night. Please correct the story.

Posted by: Boxie | September 4, 2008 6:27 PM | Report abuse

folks are so serious they are taking there light bill money to donate to barack -biden

Posted by: frank | September 4, 2008 6:24 PM | Report abuse

Rep. Lynn Westmoreland called Obama uppity. He not only owes Obama an opology but he owes the republican party and America an oppology. In the meantime, I think I'll "UP" my donation to the Obama camp.

Posted by: The 10 Commandment Man said what? | September 4, 2008 6:24 PM | Report abuse

I'm so glad I haven't been taken in by all the crap Obama & his supporters are shovelling! I was leary of McCain up until now, but after he picked a sure winner like Palin he's got my vote and my money! I'd never back a proven loser like Obama! Lord, please protect us from the hateful left!

Posted by: herschelj | September 4, 2008 6:24 PM | Report abuse

A colleague of mine just sent Obama/Biden $200 as of today; I'll be sending another $100 to Obama/Biden. We can't afford to have McPain/Moose-hunting Barbie anywhere near the White House. Send them packing like yesterday! And take your families (such as they are) with you!

Posted by: Black and Bitter Like Coffee | September 4, 2008 6:22 PM | Report abuse

I am planning to donate all of my available resources (money and time) to Obama's campaign.

Posted by: azimir | September 4, 2008 6:19 PM | Report abuse

I gave $500.00 last night. Lets face it, that mad man and that ridiculous bimbo could win.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

That convention looks like a rally of the nazi party with all the military stuff and signs saying "Country first".
Their theme is "If you are not one of us, you are not an American" or you are not patriotic.

These people are truly scary.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 6:18 PM | Report abuse

All these McCain / Palin lovers...what does their platform actually do for the USA...what have they offered at all...nothing but attacks and promises of some type of change themselves..oh yes...gas tax holiday and drilling for more oil...losers. They have no plans...just same old for the rich 1%. Pathetic losers...losing touch with American and what shape we are in.

Go Obama....$100 from me tonight....

Posted by: St. Pete. | September 4, 2008 6:18 PM | Report abuse

Our lives are to precious to put in the hands of those who share our Presidents views

Posted by: Don | September 4, 2008 6:17 PM | Report abuse

I think if people really want to see who McCain is they ought to do a google search for admiral's son + songbird. You will find after reading many of the items there that this notion about McCain being a war hero is an outright lie. He was a collaborator and traitor. He spent 3 years making over 30 anti-American broadcasts for the N. Vietnamese. It does not end there. According to people who were there with him there is serious doubt he was ever tortured. In fact he was treated like a celebrity giving them military secrets and all the cooperation they wanted. He got the best medical care they had available. No other POW ever received this kind of medical treatment. Throw in his involvement with the Keating 5 savings and loan scandal, his unethical usage of his influence on a multitude of federal and state agancies on behalf of lobbyists, his involvement with sending jobs overseas like Airbus, his involvement with the DHL job losses in Ohio, his total disregard for veterans, and his poor treatment of women and their issues I find it hard to understand why anyone would vote for this guy. I encourage everyone to check out the data you will see from this Google search.

Posted by: Jake | September 4, 2008 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Palin's speech was "hateful" must be the new 0bama talking point.

Clever.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 6:16 PM | Report abuse

ask the repub how long have they known pawn the kids sarah

Posted by: frank | September 4, 2008 6:13 PM | Report abuse

notice how when republicans are most vile, they sign it anonymously. how cowardly. there isn't enough fear in the world that would convince me to vote for a pit bull with lipstick. have to worry about when the pit bull will bite an unsuspecting passerby. OBAMA 08!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: SteveSD | September 4, 2008 6:13 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad and am getting out my checkbook too. Palin's speech and the Republican convention is frankly a bit scary. Her speech was so hateful, partisan and divisive, I could only imagine what she would do if she were president. That anger combined with no experience in foreign policy makes her even more dangerous than W.
She's a cowgirl that's against choice, doesn't see global warming as a problem, voted not to protect polar bears, and is resentful against people that live in large cities. Palin and the Republicans want us to return us to the 1800s, when this was a rural homogenous country. I'm a latino kid from the East Coast with a college degree that driks Starbucks, doesn't hunt, and doesn't go to church except on Christmas and Easter. I love my country, but don't see any space for guys like me in the Bush-McCain-Pailn America.

Posted by: andreas | September 4, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse

How much would McCain have had to raise if he hadn't gone back on his word concerning public financing?

Geez, can we trust this guy on anything?

Posted by: Dianna72 | September 4, 2008 5:57 PM

*************************

McCain is taking public financing, unlike 0bama who broke his promise. Oh, I forgot, the big 0 didn't read the form before he signed it .... just like he pushed the wrong button while voting.

Just like he voted for wiretapping and Cheney's tax breaks for oil companies when it served him, 0bama's campaign and everything else in 0bama's life ultimately is just about advancing 0bama. The only change 0bama really wants is a change of address.

Exactly the type of characterless individual we already have enough of in D.C.

Posted by: Me | September 4, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse

After listening to these liars? More money was given to Obama......I will give more and donate time to make sure these freaks don't have a chance...These mudsligging poor exuse for humanity? I dont think so....So far the Democrats behaved in a civilzed manner only addressing issues and never involving Soccer Mom and a man who only tries scare tactics and lives in his past of 40 years ago..Frankly......Mc Cain is a flip switch and everyone knows it.....Palin is stupidly dangerous............Dont insult women by thinking she has anything to do with what we think and believe..I suggest you check her backround and lower class education...Nothing was more disgusting than seeing these people try to slam our man OBAMA! Shut up and address issues...Oh I forgot.......You dont have a plan and intend to kill more of our boys.....Sorry..

Posted by: rachael weiss | September 4, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Go Obama go Kick the Repugs ARSS!
Obama and Biden all the way!!

REPUBLICANS:REDNECKS,RACIST,NEO = NAZI,EVIL,WICKED,THIEVES AND CROOKS.

DEM's time to get RADICAL with the REPUGS!

Posted by: Ian | September 4, 2008 6:09 PM | Report abuse

It's 8 million since her speech last night. Please correct the story.

Posted by: Boxie | September 4, 2008 6:08 PM | Report abuse

I would never trust a CBS poll. The polls that I've seen shows Obama up by6-8%. But more importantly, the polls that we should really look at are the state by state polls and Obama is way ahead of McCain by 2 to 1 in three key battleground states by at least 12-15 %.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 6:08 PM | Report abuse

It was clear that Palin, "Barracuda" that she is known as, planned to come out swinging. But what a nasty, smug, mean-spirited woman she is! She was practically snarling at the camera.
If I needed any more ammunition to vote for Obama, her speech gave it to me.
With McCain's health problems, anger management issues and age he would not be able to handle the stress of being president and I sure as heck do not want her - "a pitbull with lipstick" - as his back-up.
I feel sorry for her kids.
I'm off to send Obama money.

Posted by: Lauri1 | September 4, 2008 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Come on folks we have got to talk to everyone we know that has not been voting to get them to vote in this election.We need Obama and Biden in office.People have got to ask the question "If something happened to McCain would you want Palin to be president?"This is a very serious election this year and I really fear for our country if McCain/Palin takes office.I watched her speech last night and realize why I could never be a republican.They just don't get it.I am talking to everyone that will listen and I have made progress.This is the first time I have ever got so involved in politics in any way but I believe so strongly in Obama and Biden.They care about this country and they get it.

Posted by: msdowd | September 4, 2008 6:07 PM | Report abuse

NYT:

Wapo:
Obama Raised $8 Million Since Palin Announcement

Big difference, one day or 6 days?
Which is it?

Posted by: WhichIsIt | September 4, 2008 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Palin's gestures reminds me she looks very much like an angry roach about to pounce.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rita | September 4, 2008 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Palin's gestures reminds me she looks very much like an pissed off roach about to pounce.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Katherine | September 4, 2008 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Uhhh, how is $8m impressive? Obama's campaign had been bragging about how they were raising $2m per DAY. So if they've raised $8M in 6 days, wouldn't that imply that fundraising has dropped?

Posted by: dbw | September 4, 2008 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Democrats are so predictable -- throwing money away on lost causes. But hey, no skin off my nose.

Posted by: Anonymous
*****************************
Well, I hope that the skin doesn't get lost in your colon, based on where your head.

Posted by: Obama/Biden '08 | September 4, 2008 6:04 PM | Report abuse

Palin,,polished trailer trash..............

Posted by: briana | September 4, 2008 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Today's Republicans are Goebbels' best students. Lie, lie, and hope it'll stick.

Posted by: makhno | September 4, 2008 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: makhno | September 4, 2008 6:03 PM | Report abuse

I'd say Peg Bundy's speech was a rousing success last night. I also believe it scared a lot of people who oppose her policy beliefs. look at the market sell off. we are afraid and are taking our money out before the republican party can send it to the trash heap.

Posted by: THE curious black | September 4, 2008 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: makhno | September 4, 2008 6:03 PM | Report abuse

I gave $250 last week, and this morning after the vile Sarah Palin's vile little show, I tossed in another $100. When they ask for more money, I'll give them more money. Spend them into the ground, Barack, and let your surrogates rip them up! By g-d, it's time to take this country back from the racists, the cranks, and the crazies, who make up the modern Republican Party.

Posted by: Enemy of Crime | September 4, 2008 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Enemy of Crime | September 4, 2008 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Extremists for John McCain in 2008!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 6:03 PM | Report abuse

I will speed up my monthly contribution. More then the whole Palin speech, speech by Guliani fired me up..how dare he critize a role of people who help out others at church or school or help someone get their job back. This guy Rudy was mocking every american who goes thru tough economic times. I am economically blessed but I know many people in Ohio and Michigan where I grew up are going thru tough times.

Posted by: tonym | September 4, 2008 5:59 PM | Report abuse

No wonder, after the Republicans have transformed themselves in to the party of Hate and War.

-Soon to be Former Republican.

Posted by: Sam F | September 4, 2008 5:59 PM | Report abuse

As a former Hillary supporter, and now, an Obama supporter, I'm offended that republicans think that nominating someone like Sarah Palin will get former Hillary supporters on board. Sarah Palin does not even have one thousandth of Hillary Clinton's abilities. Since she's the equivalent of a pit bull with lipstick, maybe she needs to stay in Alaska and fend off the polar bears from her backyard. And why would we need someone who seems to be wholly opposed to compromise in Washington?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Anonymous said:
"Denial is not just a river in Egypt."

Oh no you di-in't!

Posted by: Someone | September 4, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Geez, can we trust this guy on anything?

Posted by: Dianna72 | September 4, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Palin's hate speach last night inspired me to donate another $100 to Obama last night.

It sounds like I am not alone.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 5:56 PM | Report abuse

How much would Obama have had to raise if he hadn't gone back on his word concerning public financing?

Geez, can we trust this guy on anything?

Posted by: Rufus | September 4, 2008 5:55 PM | Report abuse

@#$%% I don't have a job, am running out of money while living in Germany until Dec. But I am sending Obama 100 bucks after this comment. The Republican actions are disgusting. When are they gonna live up to their slogans? "Country First" indeed. That's why they are rallying behind a freaking hockey mom to be second in command. Idiots.

Posted by: Viet Tran | September 4, 2008 5:55 PM | Report abuse

That reminds me to donate again!!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 5:55 PM | Report abuse

I loved Palin, and I'm a democrat. People who don't see the charm and appeal are just deluding themselves. Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 5:54 PM | Report abuse

I'm another one of those folks who put more into Obama's pot this morninig. I've been keeping my ear to the radio and it's heartening to hear Independents and moderate Republicans who once supported McCain say they have been totally turned off by the selection of Governor Palin. I especially like the comparison of her with Spiro Agnew.

Posted by: clover2 | September 4, 2008 5:52 PM | Report abuse

They say that the mouth spews forth more sin that we can even imagine. If we can not say anything good about any of these candidates then lets say nothing. We do not know Sarah Palin has or has not done. I think it is politics and I will go and vote for who I think is the best for our country but I do not wish to belittle anyone's family or character. This is a very scary year as far as I am concerned and I wish we had more choice but we deal with who we have and keep our ugly comments in our gut.

Posted by: Edna | September 4, 2008 5:51 PM | Report abuse

CBS just released a new national poll, and it finds quite a sharp change in just a few days: Obama was leading by 8% in a poll taken over the week-end, but the race is now a tie in a poll taken from Monday to Wednesday, suggesting that whatever bounce Obama got faded quickly - and before Palin even took the stage.67% of Clinton supporters now back Obama (58% last week) but McCain has a similar uptick among evangelicals (57% to 66%). Obama’s lead among female voters is smaller, 43% to 38%. Note that the previous poll was taken after the Palin pick, so this is a post-post VP and pre-convention bounce for the Republican.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 5:50 PM | Report abuse

I gave a few dollars to Obama during his primary, but I just gave a $100 donation (that's a lot of money for a grad student) after Palin's vindictive speech last night.

I can understand attacks coming from McCain - he's been campaigning for six months and American pretty much knows him and his record, but no one had ever heard of this lady before last week, she's not answered a single question in an interview or debate, and comes out reading her pre-prepared by GOP operatives speech as if she's been on the campaign trail as long as everyone else. Disgusting.

Posted by: Anthony | September 4, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

I donated to Obama last night during her speech. I was so appalled, I had to do something. I was stunned by the nastiness, the hate, the sarcasm, and the disdain. She'll have a hard time erasing her new image as a very mean, nasty woman.

Posted by: AJS | September 4, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Yep, no doubt about it: the sweetie hussein/plagiarist-joe sycophants ARE GETTING DESPERATE!

The main event of the Dem Convention, Hillary's speech, is now long over. The rest of that convention was just bureaucratic/administrative minutia best ignored by all Americans that believe in democracy.

Just as the clear winner of the popular vote in 2000 was Al Gore, the clear winner of the popular vote in the Dem primaries was Hillary. Just as Gore was denied his rightful victory by manipulations and un-democratic procedure, so too was Hillary gored.

Time has not healed the result of the 2000 debacle. In fact, the thief of that election is now regarded as the WORST ever by the overwhelming majority of Americans and people of the entire world. The same will occur with the Dem primaries of 2007/2008. History will eventually label "sweetie" hussein, and his equally unethical side-kick Plagiarist-Joe, as the WORST - regardless of what happens subsequently in 2008 and beyond.

Americans do not like cheaters. The stench of his action in hijacking the nomination is permanently attached to hussein. Plagiarist-Joe should steal a word other than "clean" to describe him.

Posted by: ALEX H. | September 4, 2008 5:48 PM | Report abuse

There are still many fools suckered by this
man. Another 8 million, wow! Axelrod must really be very happy. Now Obama can buy more suits and ties. This is one change that i noticed., The sartorial elegance of Sen. Obama.

Posted by: tim591 | September 4, 2008 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Sounds to me like the Obama campaign is scared and desperate. And they should be.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 5:47 PM | Report abuse

"Listen - if they want to work the refs, they are free to do so and I think the public can make their judgments about this," Obama said today, shrugging off the sexist accusations.

Yes......and they will....

Posted by: Zippy | September 4, 2008 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Republicans and Independents for Obama/Biden!!!

Yes We Can! I will not vote Republican this year, not this time, not this year. The stakes are too high! Yes We can

Posted by: Kim | September 4, 2008 5:45 PM | Report abuse

New polls have good news for both candidates, as Obama takes his first lead in North Dakota but McCain gains 8% in new CBS poll. Full roundup: http://campaigndiaries.com/2008/09/04/mccain-gains-8-in-cbs-poll-obama-loses-opening-in-ak-but-takes-first-lead-in-red-nd

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 5:44 PM | Report abuse

I hope Obama and Biden aren't shrinking violets in the face of these Bush/Cheney/Rove losers who have destroyed our country. Drive McBush and his Pit Bull Palin back into the swamp from which they crawled.

Posted by: Jake | September 4, 2008 5:40 PM | Report abuse

That Palin is a scary individual. A vindictive, gun-wielding, book-banning politician with a penchant for abusing the power of her office -- that will mobilize the Democratic base even more than the Republicans.

Religious fundamentalism + naked political ambition = Sarah Palin.

Posted by: samson151 | September 4, 2008 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Dogbitez: "Advocate" of special needs kids???
The best advocate for any kid is Mom. Charity begins at home, Sarah.

Posted by: Charity | September 4, 2008 5:38 PM | Report abuse

This idiot housewife VP wannabe attended 5 colleges over a 6 year span to get one degree--in journalism. Yet, she claims to have as much experience as Obama?!! What was McCain smoking?

Posted by: C-Dog | September 4, 2008 5:37 PM | Report abuse

Come on Obama supporters! We have to keep it together and defeat McPain! We can do it!

Obama! Obama! Obama!

Posted by: dyson | September 4, 2008 5:35 PM | Report abuse

We are in for a good fight! Too bad McCain is taking public funding!

Posted by: acarponzo | September 4, 2008 5:34 PM | Report abuse

Democrats for John McCain in 2008

Posted by: Gary | September 4, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

I donated last night after Palin's speech. I was so repulsed by the ugly sarcasm and the distortions and outright lies. "Advocate" of special needs kids??? As governor, she slashed funds for special needs children by 62%! Some advocate.

Posted by: DogBitez | September 4, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Surprise Surprise! Palin's Speech is full of Lies!!!

Speaking last night at the RNC in St. Paul, vice-presidential pick Gov. Sarah Palin stretched the truth when it came to Barrack Obama and her support of earmarks.

PALIN: "[Obama] is a man who can give an entire speech about the wars America is fighting, and never use the word 'victory' except when he's talking about his own campaign."

FACT: On July 15, in a speech in Washington, D.C., Obama twice used the word "victory" in reference to Iraq.

"In fact," he said, "true success in Iraq -- victory in Iraq -- will not take place in a surrender ceremony where an enemy lays down their arms. . . I want Iraqis to take responsibility for their own future, and to reach the political accommodation necessary for long-term stability. That's victory. That's success. That's what's best for Iraq, that's what's best for America, and that's why I will end this war as President.

A week later in Berlin, Germany on July 23, Obama used the word "victory" three times to describe Allied successes during World War II. And in a June speech about the prospect of universal healthcare, he said Sen. Hillary Clinton "will be central to that victory."

•PALIN: "There is much to like and admire about our opponent. But listening to him speak, it's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform -- not even in the state senate."

FACT: The meaning of "major" is open to debate, but Obama worked with Republicans, including Sen. Richard Luger of Indiana, to pass legislation that would expand efforts to intercept illegal shipments of weapons of mass destruction and to destroy conventional weapons stockpiles. While a state senator in Illinois, he sponsored two contentious bills, one that studied racial profiling by police and another that ordered interrogations in potential death penalty cases to be recorded.

•PALIN: "I fought to bring about the largest private-sector infrastructure project in North American history. And when that deal was struck, we began a nearly $40 billion natural gas pipeline to help lead America to energy independence. That pipeline, when the last section is laid and its valves are opened, will lead America one step farther away from dependence on dangerous foreign powers that do not have our interests at heart."

FACT: That infrastructure project has not yet been approved by Federal regulators. The proposed pipeline would ship natural gas from the Alaska's North Slope to homes and businesses across the U.S. In June, the Alaskan legislature, with Palin's prodding, agreed to pay Canadian energy company TransCanada $500 million as an incentive to build the pipeline.

•PALIN: "And I have protected the taxpayers by vetoing wasteful spending: nearly half a billion dollars in vetoes. I suspended the state fuel tax, and championed reform to end the abuses of earmark spending by Congress. I told the Congress 'thanks, but no thanks,' for that Bridge to Nowhere."

FACT: While serving as mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, Palin hired Steven Silver, a former chief of staff for Sen. Ted Stevens, to lobby Congress for earmarks. Wasilla received around $27 million in federal money, about as much as Boise, Idaho. Boise has a population of 200,000 people, compared to Wasilla's 10,000. Earmarked funds went to sewage improvements and improving roads connecting the town to a local ski resort.

As for the "Bridge to Nowhere," Palin initially supported using federal funds to build a $398 million bridge from Ketchikan to Gravina Island, which has 50 residents and a small airport. It was not until the plan was ridiculed that she withdrew her support. Critics contend she still supports using federal money to build a 3.4 mile "road to nowhere" on the island for $26 million -- from the funds for the bridge.

Posted by: Come GOP enough of the Lies!!! | September 4, 2008 5:32 PM | Report abuse

I donate often to Obama.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 5:31 PM | Report abuse

I know I plan on giving more to Obama.

Posted by: jb | September 4, 2008 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 5:28 PM | Report abuse

It seems the Palin selection has rallied every base...

Posted by: matt | September 4, 2008 5:26 PM | Report abuse