Ohio Crowd Says 'No Pit Bull!'

Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) poses for a picture during a campaign stop in Dayton, Ohio, September 9, 2008. (Reuters)

By Peter Slevin
DAYTON, Ohio -- Killing time while waiting for Sen. Barack Obama to start a speech on education policy this morning, a clutch of students in the bleachers at Stebbins High School got creative.

They worked their way through the familiar chants -- "Fired up! Ready to go!" and "Eight is enough!" -- but grew bored.

Then came, "No Change, no way, no how!" There was, "No McCain! End our pain!"

But the biggest crowd pleaser was the one directed at Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin: "No pit bull! No pit bull! No pit bull!"

The chant was a reference to Palin's comment about being a hockey mom during her scalding speech at the Republican National Convention: "They say the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull. Lipstick."

Palin has energized the Republican base. There are growing signs that she is doing the same for the Democrats.

By Web Politics Editor  |  September 9, 2008; 11:15 AM ET
Categories:  Barack Obama , Sarah Palin
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Palin Pop Quiz
Next: Schooling McCain? Obama Goes to Bat Over Education Record

Comments

Getting back to the post... there is something I would like you all to see. The video everyone has watched cuts after he makes his lipstick comment. Looking at just the video you can't really tell what he meant by that joke. However, if you could see the next sentence you would have a better idea of what way he was leaning. Here is the quote.

"You can put, uh, lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig. (cheers) You know, you can, uh, you know, you can, uh, you -- you -- you can wrap an old fish in a -- in a piece of paper and call it change, it's still going to stink after eight years. We've had enough of the same old thing. It's time to bring about real change to Washington."

The crowd was laughing, and it has been agreed that it is an overused statement that is so overused by politicians it has lost it's flavor. I am not saying that Obama meant it as a smear against Palin, but it came off as such due to the croud's reaction and the immediate reporting of the incident. I just find it surprising that people are commenting on this without reading the whole speech, or understanding the situation behind the story.

Posted by: rulerhumankind | September 10, 2008 11:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rulerhumankind | September 10, 2008 11:50 PM | Report abuse

emossking: go back to sleep. if you believe what you just said.

the daily kooks, nutroots, what ever the hell they are, are very very scared. i think 2008 is going to be more fun on the day-after-election than 2004 was.

hey, everybody out there, please pretty please tell all the exit pollers you voted for BHO. imagine obama planning transition around 5pm in the hotel....with michele.....and then.......michigan and PA results some in........gulp.

Posted by: fred | September 10, 2008 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Smells like Democratic Desperation...

Posted by: K. Cobain | September 10, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

How can we forget Obama's NAFTA Lie Ohio?

Posted by: ruth | September 9, 2008 8:37 PM | Report abuse

Obama change "just words" that too is not his own but stolen.

McCain the real change and Palin is a perfect example of the reform.

Obama is just not ready and is too risky to lead in this dangerous world where Fundamental Islamic Terrorist are killing innocent people.

Posted by: martha | September 9, 2008 8:37 PM | Report abuse

How can we forget Obama lie on NAFTA Ohio?
He is a con artist. McCain is the safe and best bet this fall.

Posted by: ruth | September 9, 2008 8:37 PM | Report abuse

How can we forget Obama's NAFTA Lie Ohio?

Posted by: ruth | September 9, 2008 8:37 PM | Report abuse

McCain leads in Ohio in today's poll. Obama will go down the drain this fall because of his radical association and questionable character.

Posted by: linda | September 9, 2008 8:30 PM | Report abuse

So, do you recall the scene in The Godfather when Clemenza asks Tessio, "What's with all the new faces?" and Abe responds, "we're gonna need all we can get, Sonny just hit Bruno Tattaglia"...well, Obama's gonna need all the money he can raise, Joe Biden's at it again- today fresh from his false drunk driver claim, he tried to tell family's with disabled children that McCain was against stem cell research- I guess he had Palin on his mind, everyone else in this country does- she's against embryonic stem cell research- McCain isn't. His position for embryonic stem cell research is one real distinction between McCain and Bush and is one reason the far Right was lukewarm on his candidacy.....Come on Joe, keep it up- we want at least 4 more gaffes before the debate! MCain is nearly tied with Obama with women voters and leads with white women voters as of today, but Joe can really put us over the top when we pull out the Anita Hill hearings....remember? Call Clemenza!

Posted by: Scott | September 9, 2008 8:06 PM | Report abuse

these comments are funny, you all must have seen the 3 point lead given across teh board for mccain, or the 10 point loss of support amongst obamas base, or the 20 point loss in women support for obama.

careful, your pride is showing, keep your liberal in your pants, teh washington post doesnt need anymore support in its democrat bias.

Posted by: dale | September 9, 2008 7:12 PM | Report abuse

Please, no more, no more. The Obama campaign is begging for John Bush's and Sarah Cheney's mercy. Please make it stop. What ever you do, please don't go all in with mocking Obama's respect for the Constitution. It will destroy his campaign. And don't demand an apology for Biden's remarks about stem cell research and developmental disabilities. He is really, really sorry, but don't humiliate him in public. Have you no decency? Don't you see your devious strategy is killing them?

Posted by: Early Man | September 9, 2008 6:16 PM | Report abuse

You people are a bunch of drooling goddamn idiots. You are not wanted here. Leave now, and go somewhere else. or better yet, jump off a goddamn cliff and kill yourselves. Please. I do not wish to be associated with such simpering imbeciles as all of you. Go away. Leave me be. I was so much better off without you.

I want a divorce.

Posted by: America | September 9, 2008 4:45 PM | Report abuse

In the last 20 months Obama has gotten past alot of bull----. He will get through this as well. Palin is on her way down. Her lies will be exposed and then what will McCain do or say? McCain/Palin or to devicive. They are dividing the country and making it about us against them. More of the same as with Bush. Everyday more and more is finally coming out in the main stream news media about Palin and once we find out who she really is and what she has actually done the game is over. Lies, after lies is all you hear. She is good at male bashing but what else can she do? She talks about some use change to futher their careers and some use their careers for change. When she says that it makes me wonder what she has done. She has put her career ahead of her family. She had a choice knowing that her child will be born with special needs and it was her choice to have the baby knowing that the child will need and have to depend on her to be there. A mother's obiligation is to nuture a baby especially one with a birth defect. She made her choice knowing that caring for such a child will be a full time job. So how can she run for VP. Why didn't she say Thanks but no thanks to that. So for Shara I have no respect for. I am a working mother of three and I know how hard it is, how much time they require and the need they have for me to be there for them. To go to school plays and sports games. To speak their teachers. To be there to tuck them in at night. How much time will Shara have for her family a VP is unlike any other job. No woman can compare it to theirs. So Shara put her career, her own ambiton ahead of that sweet baby boy, that did not ask to be here. A choice that she had made knowing at that time of choice that she would have to make some scarafices in life for the sake of the baby. If she could do that I surly do not trust her with the needs of the country.

Posted by: cokomo | September 9, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

I have voted with old Georgie Boy...that is the current retard, idiot of a Prez, Georgie Boy Bushie 90% of the time, I voted against more money and help for the vets, although I cried like a coward chicken during the Vietnam war and wear my fake arse earned stars on my chest because I know that there are a lot of dumb, uneducated, gun toting rednecks that will believe anything I say because they want to blame minority groups for their failures and poor living and moral standards. I voted against universal healthcare, I LOVE lobbyist, as a matter of fact I sleep with them every chance that I get. I don't have much morals, I was able to get rid of that old cripple wife waiting for me when I returned my coward arse back from the war so that I could marry my current clueless, dried up tomato, but rich c$unt! I love spending her money..she has many problems, specifically stealing and drugs....but I was able to successfully sweep that under the rug and the news media knows not to p$iss me off and report any of this crap...they better stay on Obama and continue to give me an my new c$unt, Sarah a free ride! By the way, I can't wait to do Sarah, you know she is an undercover freak who cheats on her husband with his best friend whose wife later divorced him. Well back to the issues, or lack thereof, I love war and look forward to killing another 4,000 or more soldiers in a useless war, just so long as me and my rich cronies...the rethuglican base continues to make millions with the big oil companies. You know something...hmmm...I don't think that most of my redneck base even know what a lobbyist really is! Well, I could care less about clean air, hell$ I voted against that bill every chance I got. Plus Sarah, said that God is in charge of the climate and he is the reason why the Jews keep getting murdered because God has a vendetta against them. You know something I like throwing religion into this politics thing cause religious folks (well the evangelicals - (redneck religion folk) can't seperate the church from the government...Well I am John McCain and I approve this message. Hey isn't that what I am suppose to say...You's didn't give me my memory medicine....I thought you's were going to wait till I became the president to declare me senile so that Sarah could step in....well anyway, I'm signing off now....Bomb, Bomb, Bomb away!!!

Posted by: John McCain | September 9, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

In recent weeks, John McCain and the Republican party have blatantly and without any shame adopted the Democratic campaign theme of “change”. It should be evident to an objective observer that Bush 43 and now McCain and Pailin are mere puppets to the true Republican national party leaders who control their strings. Cheney is one of the few of that inner cabal that have been calling the shots since the Nixon administration. They are in fact a continuation of the Nixon and Ford presidencies with only a disruption during the Carter and Clinton years. Bush 41( Head of the RNC during Nixon,former head of the CIA,VP to Reagan, and president is probably the real leader of this political Cosa Nostra if not a equal partner of this power sharing musical chairs game. His right and left hands have been Dick Cheney(former Sec.of Defense of Bush 41, former White House Chief of staff for Ford) and the other is Donald Rumsfeld(former Sec. of Defense for Ford and Bush 43,former special envoy to the Middle East during Reagan). Another member of this group, more likely a captain if not a full blown boss himself is James Baker (former C.O.S of Reagan, former Under Sec. of Commerce for Ford, former C.O.S and Sec of State for Bush 41, former Sec. of Treasury for Reagan, former chief legal advisor to Bush 43). Another captain or free lance enforcer is Karl Rove a college drop out and campaign manager for both Bush 41 and 43, also for Phil Gram who is McCain’s economic advisor.
Lets look at McCain’s staff of change.
On July 2, 2008, Steve Schmidt was given "full operational control" of McCain's campaign. Steve Schmidt prior to this was a top aide to Dick Cheney and a protégé to Karl Rove. Another advisor is Charles R. Black worked for Ronald Reagan's two Presidential campaigns in 1976 and 1980 and he was a senior political adviser to the 1992 re-election campaign of George H.W. Bush. Another advisor is Randy Scheunemann. He was project director for the Project for the New American Century. A neo-conservative think tank founded by non other than Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and Bill Kristol and others in 1996. Other signatories to this group reads like a who’s who of the last 8 years of the republican administration. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_for_the_New_American_Century.
These people have never cared about small town america or “values” All they care about is war profiteering. Many of the signatories have never served in the military. Cheney and Rove both dodged the draft. Look at the statement of principles by the PNAC. Rumsfeld was a good friend of Saddam Huessin in the 80’s Cheney didn’t want Nelson Mandela free. These are the real puppet masters, they throw out the talking points about the left of being elitist and not caring about middle america and these same guys other than Rove have advanced degrees and are worth no less than 10 million dollars. People who support them need to extricate their heads out of Limbaugh and Hannity’s asses and see what is really happening to them. McCain is not his own man he confuses stories of his real life with a book he read “The Gulag Archipelago", in which a fellow prisoner - not a guard - silently drew a cross in the dirt with a stick.” An ironic twist to all this is Eliot A. Cohen, a signatory to the PNAC "Statement of Principles", responded in The Washington Post: "There is no evidence that generals as a class make wiser national security policymakers than civilians. George C. Marshall, our greatest soldier statesman after George Washington, opposed shipping arms to Britain in 1940. His boss, Franklin D. Roosevelt, with nary a day in uniform, thought otherwise. Whose judgment looks better?"[
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/johnmccain/2581086/John-McCain-accused-of-plagiarising-Wikipedia-for-speeches.html. Even if you don’t like Obama there is no-way a sane person can want this continued blatant fleecing of our Nation.

Thes are all verifiable facts and can be found just with a google search and wikipedia.

Other than the ultra affluent, how can anyone support the Republican party? When will small town America realize that they are being duped into supporting the ultra-affluent agenda. The talking points of the right are so hypocritical that it becomes laughable. The red meat of the right is the so called Main stream Media as if Limbaugh, Hannity, et al. are not part of it. They demean celebrity status, however they tout one of their greatest presidents(Reagan) was an actor. They say they are the party of patriotism, yet many of the upper echelon of the party have never served, i.e. Cheney, Rumsfeld, Baker, Reagan. They say that they care about "Main Street" USA but only bail out the Whales of Wall Street. Yet small town America eat this tripe every year. They don't care about relgion unless it can be used to stir up the base, nor science or technology unless there is a buck to be made. Small town America takes pride on its freedom but yet don't realize that over time we are becoming less free, ie wire tapping and other forms of domestic survelliance. They demean people of intelligence because they know many people of small town America don't have degrees and use it at a fake issue and call people who spent time in academia as elitist when many on the right serve on university boards and have part-time professorships. They say they are against affirmitive action but yet celebrate mediocrity, Bush43 and McCain graduating at the bottom of their classes. Who both came from already well established families and had all the opportunities and connections to excel. Why does small town America believes this is the party for them? Christian conservatives seem to the be the first ones who want to go to war and bomb someone before any diplomacy is tried. Why can't small town America and Christian conservatives realize they are being used as pawns just as much the Islamic fundamentalist are. Islamic fundamentalist come from small town Middle East and given the same kind of talking points as the evangalicals. They want prayer in school, no choice available to women, and believe to the core that their ideas about worship and country are the best. Wake up small town America you are being duped.

Talking about who is more patriotic, symbols, and wearing pins are nothing more than distractions to the real issue of how a few select group of people have held power almost continously for over 30 years. Yes the left has thier own political power groups but none have been so effective at pushing forward an agenda that is fundamentally bad for the U.S. and in a larger view the entire world. I stress again the now defunct PNAC and the AIPAC have been slowly pushing us closer to another World War. Bush41 and et al have been doing this and no one calls them on it. Every Republican admistration has basically the same people recycled since Nixon. Just do a little research and you will see that these people are just pushing this agenda of some kind of Pax Americana and not taking into account that maybe other nations of the world might not like that and if not bomb them.
Many people who support the Republican party, really need to read "1984" by George Orwell and see how we as nation have been inching closer to that type of society. People think this story is about a communist society, but it is more about how a society is kept in a constant state of fear in order for the ruling class to stay in control. Doublespeak, patriotism to the point of frenzy, censhorship, erosion of civil liberties (not respecting the constitution) is happening right in front of us. The cosilidation of government (the executive branch has never been more powerful than ever). No real independent journalism. Cameras on street corners. This may sound like delusional conspiracy stuff, but I implore people to research for themselves to really see what is happening to them. People think this could never happen here in the U.S. but all this has already happening, slowly, icrementally all under the guise of "keeping America safe"

I posted thes comments on other political blogs and I send them to you to use them or do with them as you please. I truly hope that Senator Obama will be able to stem this tide of facism and break this cycle of fear that has beem slowly eroding the American dream.

Posted by: IronComments | September 9, 2008 4:00 PM | Report abuse

"I hear they say the difference between Sarah Palin and the Bush Administration. Lipstick."

Posted by: ptu | September 9, 2008 3:39 PM | Report abuse

I am Sarah Palin and I want so desperately to wear John McCain's droopie pissy$ diapers!

I am Sarah Palin and I approve this message! And this is not a lie! I am not lying! Don't say that I am! This is the truth! stop it! I mean i!

Posted by: Sarah Palin | September 9, 2008 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Sarah Palin | September 9, 2008 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Mikes sounds pretty pathetic and based on his posts he comes off as unintelligent. Wow, top that off with also being a homo....Boy, no wonder he is so fasinated over wanting to sleep with Obama. lol

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse

I am Joe Biden and I wear women's underwear.

Posted by: Joseph Biden | September 9, 2008 2:53 PM | Report abuse

MakeUsProud,

'Tax and spend' sounds better than 'spend, spend, spend and bankrupt the country'. The so-called 'compassionate conservatives' have shown exactly how compassionate they are: spend money killing people in a country that did not threaten us (Iraq) rather than helping people here at home with jobs training and education.

Posted by: Not Ignorant | September 9, 2008 2:42 PM | Report abuse

If they don't want a pitbull...what do they want? A softy?

Palin is turning this upside down. Obama's world is being turned upside down. McCain/Palin is outpositioning them, and bringing out the fact that people in the country do NOT want more government control and taxes. Silly libs...the US is still NOT the United Socialist States of America (Thank goodness!).

They're running scared...go get em pitbull. You've got my vote!

Posted by: MakeUsProud | September 9, 2008 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Obama has been ramping up the attack machine against Palin., He is even starting
to attack her on personal issues. http://www.theobamaplan.com

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Anonymous,

You make your point so eloquently. 'Their' is not spelled 'thier'. Did you finish grade school?

Posted by: Lefty | September 9, 2008 2:27 PM | Report abuse

campaigning at a high school - oh well i guess it probably has the ability to impress those who are uneducated at an early point in their lives. I can just hear thier elevated remarks; Rah rah, Obama is gansta dude, yippeee.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 2:23 PM | Report abuse

No Pit Bull! Let's go Team Obama, Let's GO!!!!!!!!!! We need to get McCain up to 1,000,000 at http://www.bop-o-rama.com. I know we can do it. We have the network. They don't. Let's get energized in cyberspace! Let's have some fun and let's Win..Win..Win!

Posted by: Team Obama! | September 9, 2008 2:23 PM | Report abuse

blip:

You're welcome : )

Posted by: JakeD | September 9, 2008 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Here is a site from earlier this year...where Palin speaks for about 15 minutes at church, while Goverenor and specifically identified the war in Iraq...as "God's war." Here is the site.
The site was sent to me via McCain supporters who obviously do not see the problem. I got scared as hell. You can't make this stuff up.

Posted by: LLivingston | September 9, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

iggy227,
I did not intend to attack you or your position. There is nothing you can say that will change my faith, and probably nothing I can say here that would cause you to believe in the existence of a higher power. I do not think that my beliefs should be forced down your throat.
My point was this: many people of faith are very passionate about their beliefs - when you attack someone's faith they take it personally and are more likely to oppose you and everything you say.

Posted by: Jesse | September 9, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

WHAT SOME OF THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW HIM BEST SAY ABOUT JOHN MCCAIN.......

"He is a vicious person"
Former representative Charles LeBoutillier R-NY

"An embarrassment to the party"
Arizona GOP state senator Susan Johnson

"There is nothing redeeming about John Mccain...he's a hypocrite"
Former house GOP whip Tom DeLay

"The thought of him being president sends a chill down my spine. He is erratic"
Senator Thad Cochran, R- MS

"Hard headed is one way to say it. Arrogant is another way to say it. It's a quality about him that disturbs me".
Larry Wilkerson, former chief aide to Colin Powell

"What happens if he gets angry in a crisis...? It's the president’s job to negotiate and stay calm. I just don't see that he has that quality".
Former Arizona GOP chairman John Hinz

"His temper would place this country at risk...and the world perhaps in danger. In my mind that should disqualify him"
Former Senator Bob Smith, R-NM

"I decided I didn't want this guy anywhere near a trigger."
Senator Pete Domenici, R-NM

Posted by: ApostasyUSA | September 9, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

WAHAHHHHHHHHH RELIGION WAAAAHHHHAAAHHHH RATIONALISM WAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAA BUSH WAAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAA LET'S DESTROY THE COUNTRY WITH PARTISAN STUPIDITY INSTEAD OF WORKING TOGETHER BECAUSE IT'S SO MUCH MORE FUN TO DESTROY THAN CREATE WHINE WHINE WHINE CRY CRY CRY WAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA PARTY COMES BEFORE COUNTRY WAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

Posted by: anonymoose | September 9, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Jesse:

I do not want to live by the "catch-22" of God knowledge: we cannot find out till after death what the "truth" is. This is the devils bargain! Try living life instead. If there is a god, and you do not believe, this god will not punish you as long as you live morally! The need for religion is thereby vitiated! The proof for you (about the non-exitance of gods)should be the certainty of the diverse believers: how can a Christian and a Muslim be simulataneously "correct"? I do not mean to offend, my I certainly am trying to prod thought and serious reflection! I am offended by the obnoxious certitude flaunted by believers of all creeds, so YOU back down! As far as your certainty coming from inspired moments of insight, such data are specious and non-repeatable. This does not nail the argument. Muslims, Christians, New Agers, etc, all say the exact same thing: they are certain because of what has been "revealed" to them. Good for your parochial clique, but not for humanity at large. I hereby declare frank discussions of religion to not be off limits! Death is OK! Mortality is OK! I do not need to bloat my ego with thoughts of eternal existance. A friend of mine wrote "All Things Must Pass!". It is OK to be mortal! Where did this lie arise that we must be eternal to be groovy? It is a mistaken notion. I am groovy if temporary, especially since every single phenoenon in the universe is temporary: I would rather be like the rest of reality, and my ego does not need to believe that I am somehow special of more importantly separated from the rest of the universe!

Posted by: iggy227 | September 9, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

The Republicans want to change?
What did the Republican Party do when they were in power?

The GOP is moving on from what?
They have yet to admit any mistakes so, why do they need to hide from the last 8 years?

Did the White House make mistakes? Is that why Bush and Cheney can’t be seen at any McCain/Republican events? Not even at the Republican National Convention?

Is the Republican Party John McCain's now?
What do the Republicans do to "move forward"?

Which way were Republicans moving our country before?

See the GOP doesn't want to talk about their record of the last 8 years, so instead they change the subject. The Republicans elects a doffus TWICE for President (Bush)and now I'm supposed to trust them to tell me the truth.

After a decade of endless lies and corruption from Republicans, I'm not going to trust them as far as I can spit.

Posted by: ApostasyUSA | September 9, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Got to go.No more time to chatter with the left "I dont have a girlfriend" club.Obama wiil lose trust me.

Posted by: Mike | September 9, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Oh, I know what I know because I care about people like you!

While you idea about you, me, and Obama sounds very interesting, given what I know about the man, I doubt he would go for it! So this is a dream that you will have to enjoy by yourself!

But, nevertheless, I am proud of you for showing your pride in a public forum. Men like us often have a difficult and confusing time confronting our feelings.

Carrying your secret can give way to shame and displaced anger. Letting it out, as you have done, is going to help you move towards a more confident and healthy lifestyle!

Take care!

Posted by: blip | September 9, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

John McCain only wants to talk about Palin.

Why?

Don’t you love how the McCain campaign is exploiting women by pick Palin as his VP?

It seems to be working and it a sign of how gullible people are.

Before Palin, McCain was no go for women. So the McCain campaign picks a woman with just about the same opinions and record as McCain, and women start falling in line? MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

What does that say about American women?

Posted by: ApostasyUSA | September 9, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone seen where Palin couldnt even quote the Amendments, http://www.theveep.com

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Jake!

See, Mike. There are people who are willing to accept you, warts and all. (Well, actually, you should specify any medical conditions up front... because trying to conceal these things can only lead to headaches down the road). But, people will accept you.

Good luck!

Posted by: blip | September 9, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

iggy227:
As someone who is very religious and supports Barak Obama, I take offense at your remarks. Just because you do not believe in a higher power does not give you the authority to belittle those of us who do. Unless you have proof that God does not exist your "rationality" is no more rational than mine. Your attack on religion only serves to cause religious people to oppose you and by extension the candidate you support.
I do not believe that anyone should force you to change your opinion, just please lay off the attacks on religion.

Posted by: Jesse | September 9, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

blip I can see that you know a lot about jail and fagots.You can share some of that knowledge with your friend Obama

Posted by: Mike | September 9, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Mike in MD:

I'm retired, with plenty of spare time to waste here. I am going to to golf later though ; )

Posted by: JakeD | September 9, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

WAAAAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAA WHO CARES ABOUT THE FUTURE ALL I CARE ABOUT IS ARGUING ON THE INTERNET AS IF THERE IS SOME KIND OF PURPOSE TO IT BECAUSE I'M A WHINING IDIOT WITH THE IQ OF A HOUSEPLANT WHINE WHINE WHINE CRY CRY CRY WAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Posted by: anonymoose | September 9, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Mike... are you jealous? Is that what this is about? Barack loves Michelle.

Lashing out against him publicly is not going to bring him any closer to you.

In fact, nothing you do will make Obama turn from his wife and run into your arms.

I am sorry. This has got to be very difficult.

But there are other fish in the sea. I would suggest starting with one of the on-line dating services. You can meet an attractive African-American man in your area. But before starting a new relationship, you should make sure that you are ready for all that it entails. You don't want to burden your new beau with baggage from past failed relationships.

Good luck!

Posted by: blip | September 9, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Well Kim...you sounds like homo I mean exactly like Obama

Posted by: Mike | September 9, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

We not going to any fetched websites.The bottom line-Obama broke the law and this means that he is the criminal.Besides he is cheating gay.

Posted by: Mike | September 9, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Now I get where you are coming from, Mike.

First, you said that Obama is going to jail.

Second, you said he is homosexual.

Are you trying to tell us something? Like, are you hoping that he is going to jail to visit you?

First, I would check your prison's policy on conjugal visits.

Second, I would try to contact Obama directly about setting one up.

Just fantasizing about these things won't get you closer to your dreams.

Posted by: blip | September 9, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

I know it is considered off limits to comment on someone's religion, but I have to say something. I am rationalist. I live by information. As reassuring as mythology is to some folks, whether Islamic, Jewish, Christian, or even New Age, it is a morass of self-edification and exclusivity. "My religion is better than yours" etc, etc, which as we can see today leads to insane agression and an over-the-top sense of assuredness. This is dangerous. These folks want all of the products of modernity, but opt to live in the past when it comes to ideology. Christian and Muslim fundamentalists would even rather have the world burn up in conflagration, so assured are they in their belief of an afterlife and an "heaven".
Palin comes from a background of Pentcostal beliefs. We used to call these folks "holy rollers". They are absolutely convinced that when they start to blabber and stammer ("speaking in tongues"), that they are channeling the very thoughts and intentions of the very creator of the universe! That is: THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE! What hubris! What fallibility! My fellow humans of many diverse stripes are dangerous hominids indeed! It is no less than the ways of extirpation practised by the Nazis. If you are not in conformity, you are evil and expendable. In fact, ridding the world of the non-believer is their crucial goal! They are "appointed" to do this, in their own eyes.
To me, it is indicative of a weak mental capacity. Religion in this regard is a cultural holdover from our historic past. "Imagine No Religion" a friend of mine wrote. Hey you all, who cannot enjoy things the way they are, try living in the present. If another civilization came to earth to study us, they would report that "Humans still believe in gods": Zeus, Yahweh, Jesus, Apollo, Rama, Allah, what difference does it make?: it is culturally produced knowledge that has no place in humanity today. You folks are embarrassing and anachronistic. And, perhaps most importantly, VERY DANGEROUS! My point? NO PENTACOSTALS FOR EXECUTIVE OFFICE!!!!!!!!

Posted by: iggy227 | September 9, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

WAAAAAHHHHHH HOMASEXSHUL WAAAAHHHH CHURCH WAAAAHHHHH YOU'RE A LIAR WAAAAHHHHH NO YOU'RE A LIAR CRY CRY CRY WHINE WHINE WHINE LET'S DESTROY THE COUNTRY WITH PARTISAN STUPIDITY OK YOU FIRST WAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Mike....you sound fasinated with homosexuals.....you know many republicans are closet homos and have been called out on it...is that why you are trying to pin this on Mr. Obama? Are you a homo?

Posted by: Kim | September 9, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Maybe he should bring up her affair. Or any other of the numerous scandals. http://www.hotpres.com

Dont forget about those. Seems to me Hillary clinton didnt have nearly this much baggage.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

You do know the people who put that poll out discredited it themselves saying that it had to many registered republicans on it and should not have been reported. Mccain has a 1.4% lead overall.
You need to look at a real polling sight, you may learn something.

---------
Right. Which is precisely why McCain now leads, and by a very healthy margin among likely voters - 54% to 44% the last time I checked.

Posted by: Muad'dib | September 9, 2008 12:57 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

"Ask for the facts about your suspected rumors instead of believing you-tube crap
www.factcheck.org.
Palin2008/2012"

Posted by: M for truth | September 9, 2008 12:47 PM
------------
Exactly! And check politifact.com
McSame is the only one with a "Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire" score - he has THREE!!!
The only other candidate with any, is Biden - and that refers to when he said "the president is brain dead." And that's really up to interpretation... and funny!!!

Posted by: Dave | September 9, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Obama had several homosexual encounters and thats would't be the big deal.But he was doing this while living with his wife.

Posted by: Mike | September 9, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

what's the difference between palin and bush? lipstick.

they're both idiots dressed up by the media for a few months, and then we get stuck with them for four years.

Posted by: every 4 years | September 9, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

WAAHHHHH FACTCHECK WAAAAHHHH POW WAAHHHH TRAITOR WAAAAAHHHH TRIG WAAAHHHHH WATER WAAHHHHHH EXPERIENCE WAAAHHHHHH I'M A WHINING AMERICAN MORON AND I'M GOING TO CRY CRY CRY UNTIL I GET MY WAY BECAUSE I'M A SPOILED LITTLE CHILD WAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHHHHAAAAAAAA!!!

Posted by: anonymoose | September 9, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Mccains daughter was on TV this morning talking about Palins pregnant daughter. The says it should be off limits to talk about. What? She was just talking about her using her as a political tool then says that. Same with the half dead baby they keep waving around. That baby is severally handicapped. From what I can see it doesn't seem to be able hear or see nor does it react to anything going on around it. I have yet to see it move. There is no need for that baby to be with them on the campaign trail other then as a political prop.

--------
iggy227

Apparently it's not off limits since the GOP has been boasting about religion ever since they started with Palin. Somehow the whole "Separation of Church and State" thing just went out the window. It's a sad day for us non-christians.

Posted by: Xander | September 9, 2008 12:52 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

"Here's my observations:

1)Palin only appeals to rightwing white women, folks that would vote McCain anyway.

2)Palin only appeals to rightwing white men, folks that would vote McCain anyway.

3)Palin only appeals to rightwing christian fundamentalists, folks that would vote McCain anyway.

So she brings nothing to McCain's table."
===================

Posted by: Muad'dib | September 9, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

I remember when George W. Bush was supposed to be the "new" Republican, who was going to shake up Washington.

People sure have short memories. They fall for the branding. Which, is fine, in a sense.

But with 2 months left, and a chicken$#!t media, you aren't going to get beyond the surface of that brand.

It's not like them Democratic primaries where you had over 20 debates, all of which were watched by large numbers of people, and all of which were followed up by aggressive reporting.

Posted by: blip | September 9, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

when the dust settles on this "reformer", the American electorate will be awed, she bills Alaska while staying in her home shows what a Fraud she is, Porker like no other politician, she hired Mccain campaign managers to skim the federal gov't for pork and turns around to claim she's against it? well, how about the bridge? "thanks but no thanks- for your lies", we now know that it was congress and not you who stopped the bridge, well I kinda see the pattern again,

folks do you remember running up to the Irap war? I MEAN MISLEADING THE PUBLIC ABOUT TRUTH? AGAIN?.....GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

I thought we'll all stand up and demand the truth before we are dupped one more time, now the issue is claims of sexism whenever the press tries to dig deep about this unknown Sarah Failing

God save us and bless Alaska

Posted by: Freddie | September 9, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

factcheck.org fetched by Obama's afffiliates long time ago.Obama going to jail take my word.

Posted by: Mike | September 9, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

WAHHHHHHH I'M GOING TO DESTROY THE COUNTRY WITH MY ENDLESS WHINING AND STUPIDITY BECAUSE PARTY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN COUNTRY I'M A REGISTERED AMERICAN IDIOT WWAAAWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

Posted by: anonymoose | September 9, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

iggy227

Posted by: Xander | September 9, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

I know... I can't stand all the McCain astroturfing. It's really gotten out of control. Ruined a lot of great blogs.

Disgusting.

Posted by: Brutus | September 9, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

DS - You really need to do a reality check. If you look at the picture of Palin with all of the other governors, she's clearly holding her hands out over a big baby bump, but on top of that, some women just don't get big when they get pregnant and all they will ever have is a small bump that indicates they are pregnant.

Regarding the whole bit about her water breaking and then flying back to Alaska, give me a break. If you would do your research, her water didn't "break" but rather, it started to leak. That's not a full break. How do I know this? Because it happened to me and my wife with our firstborn. Her water started to leak at 3 am, but she didn't go into labor until after 12:00 noon - 9 full hours later - when the doc went in and completely tore through what had been a small, leaking tear before. On top of that, labor for most women is not like you see on TV - 20 minutes of labor and out pops the kid. Early labor for many women lasts hours and hours, and in some women can actually last for well over a day. From the time my wife's water started to leak until my son was born was over 21 hours - almost a full day.

Get your facts straight before you go posting garbage like what you posted down below.

Posted by: Muad'dib | September 9, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Jake D: Get out of your parents basement and go get a job for C-sake. I have seen you posting on blogs for days. Don't you feel guilty sucking off my tax dollars and probably your parents money too. Do something with you life!

Posted by: Mike in MD | September 9, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

I know it is considered off limits to comment on someone's religion, but I have to say something. I am rationalist. I live by information. As reassuring as mythology is to some folks, wheter Islamic, Jewish, Christian, or even New Age, it is a morass of self-edification and exclusivity. "My religion is better than yours" etc etc, which as we can see today leads to insane agression and an over-the-top sense of assuredness. This is dangerous. These foks want all of the products of modernity, but opt to live in the past when it comes to ideology. Christian and Muslim fundamentalists would even rather have the world burn up in conflagration, so assured are they in their belief of an afterlife and an "heaven".
To me, it is indicative of a weak mental capacity. Religion in this regard is a cultural holdover from our historic past. "Imagine No Religion" a friend of mine wrote. Hey you all, who cannot enjoy things the way they are, try living in the present. If another civilization came to earth to study us, they would report that "Humans still believe in gods". Zeus, Yahweh, Jesus, Apollo, Rama, Allah, what difference does it make?: it is culturally produced knowlegde that has no place in humanity today. You folks are embarrassing and anachronistic. And, perhaps most importantly, VERY DANGEROUS! My point! NO PENTACOSTALS FOR EXECUTIVE OFFICE!!!!!!!!

Posted by: iggy227 | September 9, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

I can't wait for McCain to win! Then we can start a war with Iran. That will be sooooo rad! It will be like Iraq times ten.

Posted by: Brutus | September 9, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

"Palin is really nothing, she is the "Milli Vanilli" of politics. "

LMAO That's funny.... and so true!!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Palin- 5 colleges in 6 years, sportscaster, mayor of Wasilla (pop, 7000), Governor of AK for 20 months.

Obama- Community organizer for the poor, Harvard law school graduate magna cum laude, Chicago Law School fellowship, book writer, constitutional law professor, civil rights attorney, state legislator 6 years, United States senator 2005-present.

Who has more credentials?

Posted by: Monkeyman | September 9, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Astroturfing. It's what's for dinner.

Posted by: Astro | September 9, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

www.factcheck.org.
Palin2008/2012

Posted by: M for truth | September 9, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Quote: "So she brings nothing to McCain's table."

Is this the reason that McCain/Palin are now leading in the polls?? Is this the reason that white women now back them by 20 points. Hmmmmmm?

Posted by: annonymouse | September 9, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

too all of u europeans scared to even condemn russia for its violation of another countries boarders , i would like to say among the mistakes u talk about america making would u say that one of those "mistakes" was sending our boys over there to help free u from oppression when hitler decided to just take all of your land ? YOU OWE AMERICA EVERYTHING YOUR LIVES YOUR WAY OF LIFE THE THINGS U TAKE FOR GRANTED EVERYDAY , just remember that

Posted by: RealAmerican | September 9, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

From factcheck.org

You might as well know what actually happened so you can make up your own mind without the lies.
If you are interested read below.

Q: Does Obama have a real estate problem?

A political patron from whom he bought a strip of land is under federal indictment, but there's no evidence Obama did anything improper.
Here’s what happened: In 2005, Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, bid $1.65 million for a house on the south side of Chicago. According to newspaper reports, the owner was also trying to sell an undeveloped parcel of land adjacent to the property Obama was buying, and he wanted the sales of the two to close on the same day. Obama has said that he mentioned he was buying the house to a longtime political patron, Antoin (Tony) Rezko, a developer. Rezko’s wife wound up buying the lot adjacent to Obama’s. At the request of the Obamas, who were seeking a bit more space for their yard, she later sold them a 10-foot wide strip, or about one-sixth, of her land. The Obamas paid $104,500 for it, or about one-sixth of what Mrs. Rezko had paid for the entire property.

Obama doesn’t appear to have reaped any financial advantages from the transactions. The reason the deal has received a good bit of attention is that Tony Rezko – whose political contributions to Illinois’ former governor, Obama and others totaled in the hundreds of thousands of dollars – was known to be under federal investigation at the time the Obamas were purchasing their home. In 2006, Rezko was indicted in three federal cases: Two involved fraud schemes in which he allegedly demanded payments from firms wanting work from the enormous Illinois teachers’ pension fund and from those wanting favorable rulings from a state board that regulates the building of new hospital facilities. In the third, he was charged with fraudulently obtaining more than $10 million in loans for a pizza restaurant business; in December 2007, prosecutors added more fraud counts to that indictment.

Obama has a relationship with Rezko that dates back many years, but there’s no indication Obama did anything improper. Shortly after finishing law school, Obama, who had turned down a job offer from the developer, went to work at a law firm where he represented some community groups that partnered with Rezko to apply for housing rehabilitation loans. As a state legislator, he wrote letters to city and state officials in support of Rezko’s efforts to build apartments for the elderly with government money; the senator asserts that this was a project the community wanted. Obama got together with Rezko a couple of times a year, he has said.

Obama has donated campaign contributions from Rezko and his associates to charity, and he said in 2006, when the real estate transaction was reported by the press, that he made a “boneheaded” mistake by participating in the deal when it was known that Rezko was being investigated. “I regret it,” Obama said. “I’m going to make sure from this point on I don’t even come close to the line.”

---------------
Obama broke the law when he bought that house in Chicago together with Rezko...and not only then.All facts going to be available soon.Its not about democrats or republicans.The question is - do you need the criminal president?

Posted by: Mike | September 9, 2008 12:41 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Just remember, if McCain gets elected and this country goes down the crapper, it's nobody's fault but those who voted for him. Just a friendly reminder.

Posted by: Xander | September 9, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

She's going to need way more lipstick to get my vote. Or financial support.

Posted by: Susan | September 9, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

"How much money did Ms Palin spend versus every other gov of Alaska or any other state for that matter? What metric are we holding other than a single number."
Posted by: Jonny | September 9, 2008 12:18
PM

How about the FACT that Governor Palin requested more dollars per capita, in pork barrel earmarks, than any other state.

Posted by: Dave | September 9, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

blah, blah, blah...students? Who cares- they wont vote, they are only looking for their next handout frmo their parents. Wait-a-minute, isn't that what DNC welfare is....

Obama has stated: They dont have a plan. I have a plan. The plan will stack up against any plan that my opponent may come up with. My plan will cure cancer, end racism. end world hunger, end poverty, make Notre Dame a good football team again. My plan is better then their plan. Dont doubt my plan, because it is the only plan that will work and my plan will the end-all of all plans. Embrace my plan, live my plan, be my plan!!!

Go to http://www.deathbydemocraticparty.com

Posted by: deathbydemocraticparty | September 9, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe people are more excited about a vice presidential candidate than about the Presidential candidate she'd be working for. It's a bad idea to vote based on the number 2 spot.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that McCain has such little confidence in women that he thought they'd support any woman regardless of where she stands, or the fact that he was apparently right.

Posted by: jbdsm | September 9, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Palin thinks Freddie Mac is a comedian.

Keep her out of Washington.

Posted by: blip | September 9, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Really, I would prefer the answer to this question. Mccain has gone to great lengths to hide his records. This is not innuendo, these are facts Mccain needs to answer to.

JOHN MCCAIN, TRAITOR TO HIS COUNTRY, COLLABORATOR WITH THE ENEMY, MILITARY DISGRACE.

Ted Sampley, a Vietnam Veteran and former Green Beret, issued a CHALLENGE to John McCain "If you can show us that the information presented in our mailer is untruthful . . . we will Stand Down" This CHALLENGE was issued during an interview with INSIDE EDITION on January 17, 2008.
John, family members of Vietnam POW/MIA(s) have been waiting for more then 14 years for you to have the courage to face them eye to eye in front of the American Public - Here is your opportunity for some "STRAIGHT TALK." Stop hiding behind your fabricated "War Hero" persona. You know we can prove your collaborations with declassified government documents . . . It is time for the American people to get to know the REAL John McCain - the John McCain that the POW/MIA families witnessed during the 1991-93 US Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs .
Bring It On John! HERE IS OUR NUMBER 252-527-0442
*********** ************* ************** *********** ***********
Activists accused McCain of stonewalling the release of POW records because they contained evidence he had collaborated with the North Vietnamese.

=======
I like Obama, I like his ideas better then McCains., but I need to know why he went to pakistan for 3 weeks when he was in college? http://www.theobamaplan.com

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 12:31 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Sarah Palin is a Joke... McCain want's to know... Who's your DADDY?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

"Exactly what has Obama accomplished?"

He has become *very* skilled at using shady characters to his advantage in working his way up in politics.

Posted by: Billw | September 9, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Mike | September 9, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

You idiots will get the President that you deserve. Good luck with that.

Posted by: grant | September 9, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Here's my observations:

So she brings nothing to McCain's table.

Posted by: Rick Cain | September 9, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

"Change is just a word with no meaning. "

op cit
Change would have meaning regarding Obama's drawers if McCain took him up on a fighter plane.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

WAHHHHHHH! I'M AN IDIOT ON THE INTERNET WHO THINKS HIS VOTE ACTUALLY MATTERS AND I'M GOING TO WHINE ABOUT THINGS OVER WHINCH I HAVE NO CONTROL ANYWAY BECAUSE I'M AN IDIOT WHINE WHINE WHINE WAAAHHHH WAHHHHH WAAHHHHHH WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Posted by: anonymoose | September 9, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, Palin has more achievements and more experience than Obama. Look it up. Exactly what has Obama accomplished?

Could this be the reason the libs are frothing at the mouth about Palin? Could this be the reason that McCain and Palin are now leading in the polls. Facts speak for themselves.

Posted by: annonymouse | September 9, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

McCain is going to win this election because he redefined himself in the way the majority of the American public views him, and he's going to ride the surge/bounce from the RNC all the way to the election in November.

Unfortunately for Obama, he also redefined himself with the DNC, but not in a good way. He showed weakness and poor judgement by selecting Joe Biden as a running mate. Biden only got 3% of his own state during the primaries, and he's nothing new - he's Old School Washington DC - the very thing that needs to be changed in the system. On top of everything else, Obama's tactics against McCain are the same old thing they were prior to the conventions.

I predict that not only will McCain win in November, but that it will be a landslide victory. At the end of the day, all Obama has is a lot of fancy talk, and talk is cheap - people want action, and McCain is the one with the record that proves that he's up for the challenge.

Posted by: Muad'dib | September 9, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

John McCain is a sell-out and exposed he is just a typical Republican politician by picking Palin. He picked her to appease his base and poach Hillary votes. While maybe being a fine public servant, she wasn’t the best or most qualified, it’s because he knew she would be popular. How is that being a "maverick"? I’ll say it again John McCain is a sell-out.

The most important metric for picking a VP is they are ready to step in from day one. His judgment is reckless and he gambled at our expense. The mere fact Lieberman is training her is fact she wasn’t prepared on day one.

I lost all my respect for John McCain. He's not the hero today he was 35 years ago.

What does it say about a campaign that has to "mimic" what and who Obama is just to poach votes? Is that all they view Obama as, a "product" a "formula", a “personality”?

Now all these puppets are willing to just get behind her without even knowing anything about her and try to convince the American public she is prepared to be VP or President while they gave Obama hell for 20 months straight? Not even uncertain objectiveness, caution, pause or question just because she has an "R" in front of her name? How can anyone make that determination reasonably in 59 day?

Bravo America! We look like complete idiots once again while the world watches. I am truly embarrassed of my country.

Posted by: DS | September 9, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Polls show the Palins effect started wearing oops! what will happen to McCane!!!

Posted by: JOJO | September 9, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

I'm retired, Dr. Stevens. Go suck an egg.

Posted by: The Manchurian Electorate | September 9, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

I've been hibernating for the last month, and just woke. So let me get this straight. You say the Repubs have selected a woman from Alaska who nobody knows, and who John McCain just met, and who has little national and no international experience to be the nations second highest official?

My immediate impression is the Repubs are pulling a political fast one, which is legal, but com'on, doesn't have the countries interests at heart. Its not real, its politics, and it disheartens me. Because it says to us that politicians will do anything and say anything it takes to get elected. Fooey on the welfare of the country.

Posted by: emossking | September 9, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Looks like the Obama has met his match charisma-wise with Palin. Regarding the 'pit bull bit', lipstick won't help the Obama, so he'll just have to suck it up.

Posted by: Billw | September 9, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Palin is just a distraction for the Dems. That is her only real purpose here. McCain doesn't agree with her on many fronts, but will never openly admit it for fear of retribution.

Oh, and to whoever it was that said "that's why people under 40 shouldn't be allowed near voting booths", perhaps people over 40 shouldn't as well, since your views are skewed by your own generation as well.

Posted by: Xander | September 9, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

"Change" is just a word with no meaning.

Change from what to what and how?, is the question.

Some say, I'm voting for "change". Be careful what you vote for, you may not like it.

Posted by: annonymouse | September 9, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

He is attacking the fabrication of a record that doesn't really add up. Mccain has been a do nothing senator his whole career and Palin record is just a Farce. Exaggerations and out and out lies. That seems fair game. She is just a political stooge who is being used by Mccain as a last ditch effort to get into office. I hope she doesn't think she is really running for VP. She is already being told to do as she is told and keep her mouth shut. She knows half of what they put in her mouth to say are lies and she does it anyway because she is just a simple stooge. This would be funny if it wasn't so serious. Mccain is a dangerous demented mad man and it is possible, depending on how stupid the American people really are he could get elected. If that is the case, the Bush years are nothing compared to what this psychopath is capable of.

========
I love it.
Obama attacks the records of Mc Cain and Palin when he has absolutely none of his own.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Both sides of the political spectrum have positive and negative aspects to them, and if one is truly open-minded he/she will come to that conclusion. That being said and hopefully agreed upon, there's no possibility of coming down firmly on either side. Only tdime will tell. No one knows whether we're better or worse off than if Gore would've won.

I'm the world's biggest fence sitter. From there I can see both sides. It's not a compliment to anyone to be in that position. You have to make up your mind one way or the other and stick to it, right or wrong - never change your mind or admit that you were wrong, because to do so labels you as a flip-flopper, which is about the worst label on can contract.

Posted by: suxe | September 9, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

HE SHOULD HAVE PICKED HILLARY...and now we will all pay the price for it with another 4-8 years of idiocracy.

Posted by: Shouldabeenhill | September 9, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

An anonymous person wrote:
"Obama's current tack is not working. I mostly hear, "blah blah blah Bush, blah blah blah Bush....""

The fact that you can't listen or pay attention is no fault of Senator Obama's. Just today he talked extensively about his plans to improve education in this country. Don't blame him if you can't be bothered to keep up with current events.

If you have questions about his platform, you can find answers easily enough at www.BarackObama.com. There are hundreds of pages of DETAILED proposals. Not just the web pages, but actual downloadable documents that you can look through. I'm sure that McCain has a similar website.

Posted by: McCain is a panderer | September 9, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Yeah They forgot to bring up her alledged affair and other scandals. http://www.hotpres.com

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

You people will believe anything on the web or said by a candidate as long as it supports what you want to believe. They all lie so get over it.

Posted by: jjohnson | September 9, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

I dislike false rumors as much as anyone, but can a member of the press please confirm why Sara Plain is not at least 7 months pregnant in this public, unaltered Governors photo taken with President Bush in February 2008? Her baby was supposedly born on April 18, 2008.

http://www.subnet.nga.org/centennial/2008Meeting.htm from Feb, 2008 (click text link "View Larger Photo")

This photo is from March 14th 2008, where she clearly is not 7 months pregnant:

Finally, she is also on the cover of December issue of Vogue which was taken December 12, 2007. She should have been 4-5 months preganant. Clearly shes not.

Reportedly, her water broke the day before or hours before she gave birth in Texas and flew 8 hour to Alaska in labor? Would a doctor/the airline allow this?

Why did she supposedly announce she was pregnant after 7 months?

There are claims she didn't look pregnant from public interviews about the annoucement.

Why are there no photos/evidence supporting this?

Something isn't adding up?

Posted by: DS | September 9, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

TO borrow a line on another blog
the difference between Bush and Palin is lipstick!!

Posted by: MRS CT | September 9, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

I agree...very well put!
-------------

I have to laugh at the article, but also say..do you people have jobs? I read the articles in the morning before opening my business and all i see is people (the same people) commenting back and forth...are you self employed? are you on lunch break? or are you doing all of this on company time...no wonder we're going down the toilet in this country. get back to work! and you say you love this country and you worry about the economy...yeah right!

Posted by: Dr. Stevens | September 9, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

The republican trick is to keep the Obama/Biden campaign's hands tied because they do not want to be accused of sexism. That is the only reason they picked Sarah. But Sarah herself said she is a pitbull with lipstick. Good, because the world is run by pitbulls with ties! So, if Sarah is a pitbull with lipstick and she gets ripped by Biden, a pitbull in a tie, and her fans cry sexism, then Sarah is not fit to run this country let alone protect us from the pitbulls in ties that run the world! So when they cry sexism does that mean we need a man, a pitbull in a tie, to come to Sarah’s rescue because she is the victim of sexism, the damsel in distress? Let’s keep it real. World wide, internationally, the pitbull in lipstick will be the “victim” of sexism and the pitbulls in ties are not going to care less about her complaining about sexism. Get over it, it’s a trick that is not going to work. Give her hell Biden, just remember, she’s a pitbull with lipstick.

Posted by: Myjibril | September 9, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

That's the reason that no one under 40 should be allowed any where near a voting booth.

Posted by: annonymouse | September 9, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Tom | September 9, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

It's hard for me to take criticism as not being smart from someone who doesn't know the difference between “new” and “knew”, “your” and “you’re”, who doesn’t capitalize the word’s “Muslim” or “America”, and has misspelling and grammatical errors all throughout their post.

Regarding Fox news, I’ll submit that it has leanings toward the right, but by that same token, CNN is clearly leaning far to the left.

Posted by: Muad'dib | September 9, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

The latest polls have great news for both candiates, with McCAin surging in Ohio, Obama in Colorado, while FL and VA are teid! FUll roundup here: http://campaigndiaries.com/2008/09/08/more-polls-dead-heats

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

After all the hoop la and all said and done, all they are is back to even. Palin is really nothing, she is the "Milli Vanilli" of politics. They are running full out right now and are only even with Obama who is only cursing right now. Where do they go from here after the novelty wares off? This is going to be just a flash in the pan unless she turns out to be more then she seems right now. She so far has given the same speech every day word for word from a teleprompter. I guess they don't even trust her to say one original word. Mccain stands like three feet from her all the time I guess to step in in case something happens. How long can they keep up this farce? It will be a real trick to make this act last to November.

========
Something that I think needs to be pointed out here is that for all of the people in the democratic party who disdain Sarah Palin and what she represents, (those same people who post about it here) those aren't the people you should be focusing on.

As they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and the country as a whole is eating up the McCain/Palin ticket. The Republican base has been energized. White women voters are flocking to support McCain Palin, as are independents. Folks who supported Hillary Clinton are crossing over, and undecideds are breaking toward McCain/Palin.

Obama's current tack is not working. I mostly hear, "blah blah blah Bush, blah blah blah Bush...." He had best wake up and realize that he's not running against Bush, he's running against McCain, and McCain is his own man with his own plan.

Posted by: Muad'dib | September 9, 2008 12:14 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

We do not need another pit bull. One inhouse has done enough harm for current and future generations.

Posted by: Maverica08 | September 9, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

I love it.

As for the "crowd" chanting..were these the same drunks from Butte , Montana that he pumped full of free green beer on St. Patrick's Day to fabricate some image of support for the TV cameras?

Posted by: rtfanning | September 9, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

How much money did Ms Palin spend versus every other gov of Alaska or any other state for that matter? What metric are we holding other than a single number. To what is that measure being held, our own living expenses?

Do some comparisons that are real, not just numbers floating. What are the living expense numbers of the senate? How much did Obama spend last year? Biden? McCain?

It sounds very ignorant to hear a number and lambast it without having a context to where it came from or how it measures up to similar tasks.

You could even use the Cost of Living index number to get a better economic picture. But a number, pulled from a bottom line, with no context, is as useful as a gas station on a hike and bike trail.

Posted by: Jonny | September 9, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Obama is done like dinner and he knows it!

Posted by: Lane | September 9, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

The only time I have experienced energy in this election cycle was when Romney was running for office. Since then, I have not found a single thing that interests me on either side. It is all as boring as staring into a television screen that has no picture.

Posted by: David | September 9, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Obama vows to double funding for charter schools

where does he plan on getting the money...of course demofools don't see the truth that their taxes will triple...so just pretend he will author another book for the funds..because he doesn't author bills or legistative matters.

Posted by: Ralph | September 9, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Muad'dib | September 9, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

No Pit Bull!

No one who pushes that "poll" has EVER explained whether you BOP Obama if you are supporting McCain. For the record, I've been selecting Obama.

Posted by: JakeD | September 9, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

I live in San Diego, CA.

Posted by: JakeD | September 9, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Johnnie boy will re-instate the draft if he can.

I like the lottery system best - snares even rich kids.

:-)

Posted by: toritto | September 9, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

An affair she denies that the Enquirer has on the front cover now. You do remember Edwards? You may not like the Enquirer but they are very good at what they do and in the last few years have had it right every time. If they come out and say it like they have with Palin and her affair, they have the goods you can bet on it.

---------
Whether you think it's right or not, Alaska law allows the Governor to claim this expense, whether she's at home or not. Here in California, our Governor forgoes that, as well as his salary. I would not expect that of every Governor though.

If anyone can PROVE a "lie" by Palin, I would be happy to not vote for her.

Posted by: JakeD | September 9, 2008 11:51 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Apparently,Alot of people have not learnt a lesson from the republicans in the past eight years. I wonder what kind of people are these, do they live in this world?

Posted by: family values my ass!! | September 9, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

I am glad someone is energizing this election. It has been to in the clouds. This is what makes politics politics. It also seems people are getting energized again at http://www.bop-o-rama.com. This real-time poll shows the following numbers:

Obama 1,060,369 McCain 502,164

Who will be the first to 2,000,000?
Don't forget to re3gister to Vote!

Posted by: No Pit Bull! | September 9, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

"LaughingAtAmerica" and "America":

Are you U.S. citizens?

Posted by: JakeD | September 9, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

dear Maud,the dip

I watched the interview you refer to and he was referring to his supposed muslim faith that FOX news was propogandizing about for months. Any one watching new what he was saying.

Unfortunately, mental midgets like yourself make it (1) impossible to speak intelligently in anything but baby talk in short simple sentences and (2) easy to mislead from propogandist like FOX facism, who is borrowing their tactic from Adolf Hitler (oh, he was this bad guy back in the 1930s and 40s -- in case your too young to know of him, which is why the new facist party of america likes people like you).

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

never seen stupid voters in the world like americans. They bdont even know what they want! I hope Mc Cain will will and take the US to fight with Russia and Iran. Then They will realize they made a mistake. It seems to me Americans didnt learn a thing from the war in IRAQ. I just cant wait for third world war! I will make sure I have my popcorns and watch the war while I count on the loses America will face when McCain becomes the president.
No place on earth people dont know who to vote for except in America. Good luck with the war mongers!!

Posted by: America | September 9, 2008 12:04 PM | Report abuse

I hear everytime you do a chant you lose 100,000 brain cells... I think it's true.

Posted by: Mindless chanter | September 9, 2008 12:03 PM | Report abuse

It figures you fat, gasbag loser Americans would go wild over this woman. In Europe, we are laughing at you and how you adore this psycho freak with machine gun, vandal son in the Army, and knocked up daughter. She called Charles Manson in drag, ha ha.You find the weirdest people on planet and then you go wild, no wonder you kook Americans are in such trouble, ha, ha. You are so constipated from eating Twinkies, you can't think anymore. You're headed for another classic American screw up, but hey, Screwing Up is the American Way! USA! USA! USA! Let's put on our lapel pins and find some Muslims to waterboard, yeah!

Posted by: LaughingAtAmerica | September 9, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Dear Muad'dib,
One does not have to grasp at straws to see the many flaws in Palin as VP. As far as Obama's faith goes-- he says he is Christian-- maybe he was once Muslim-- who cares? Please check out any Scholars for 911 or 911 truth to see all of the flaws in only blaming radical muslims for 9/11.
Shame on you Muad'dib!
I smell a rat.
ML

Posted by: MLS13 | September 9, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Yeah They forgot to bring up the pit bulls alledged affair and other scandals. http://www.hotpres.com

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

The Republican party that brought you the moral majority, the brilliant handling of Hurricane Katrina and the War in Iraq. The Republican party who said that working moms were liberal, bad parents, selfish and anti-family, who said that liberal policies on sex ed were responsible for teen pregnancy, and the abortion rate; the Republican, family-friendly party that opposed the family medical leave act, opposed the equal rights amendment, opposed universal health care, eliminated overtime, and approved tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas, is now the party that brings you Sarah Palin.
Now working moms are Republican, good parents and pregnant children are family-friendly. NO flip flopping on their ideals.

Posted by: Frank | September 9, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

I think we should elect McCain and let him inject "competition" into the school system. That means lets privatize the schools like we did Freddie Mac et al.

Besides every American family should pay for their own children's education. The government has more important things to do with our money, like national defense.

At $8,000 per child per year, family shoul have no problem paying for 3 kids.

Plus, now that corporations will no longer provide those high medical insurance policies for employees, American families can add that to the cost of survival every month.

With a $3500 mortgage for a home (if you get a cheap one and don't aim too high), you'll be fine.

Vote McCain and save our government and companies the cost of supporting its citizens with freebees.

Posted by: basementfrog | September 9, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

I just love how the dems and libs have taken a joke that Sarah Palin made at the RNC about a certain demographic - hockey moms - and wants to apply it to how she approaches her political career. The funny things is that it's grasping at straws in an effort to do ANYTHING to discredit her, and they know it.

I think a better question would be to address Obama's Muslim faith. His little Freudian slip in his interview with George Stephanopolis where he referred to his "Muslim Faith" should be looked at a little more closely. We can not forget that it was radical Muslims who attacked us on our own land on September 11, 2001.

Posted by: Muad'dib | September 9, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Growing signs?? Hello, Obama hauled in TEN MILLION DOLLARS in the 24 hours following the pit bulls Karl Rove authered convention speach. Growing signs?? DUH!

Posted by: pj451 | September 9, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

If anyone can PROVE a "lie" by Palin, I would be happy to not vote for her.

Posted by: JakeD | September 9, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

SECESSIONIST…we must unite behind Sarah Palin. Her husband, Todd, was a member the Alaskan Independence Party working for Alaska to secede from the United States.

The director of Division of Elections in Alaska reported that Todd Palin registered in October 1995 to the Alaska Independence Party, a radical group that advocates for Alaskan secession from the United States, and remained a member until 2002, when he registered as undeclared while his wife ran for office.

She is more than sympathetic to the cause of secession; she is a participant.

Sarah congratulates the secession party only 6 months ago on their political gains.

Her pastor knows how evil America is and often preaches that America will be punished. A cause all evangelicals share. Listen below.

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PizrJLV30yI&feature=related

Now, with her elected as VP just we can realize the Republic of Confederate States, the Republic of Texas, the Republic of California and the Republic of Alaska.

The time has come elect a subversive that has pulled the eyes over the political system of the U. S. establishment.

Posted by: basementfrog | September 9, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

In other words, just another politician who will take what ever she can get and then some. I like the lie about letting the cook go. All she did was put her somewhere else. No cut in staff, no savings to the tax payer Just lies. Her whole resumé is a fraud. There is no way she can ever give an interview, they have created so many lies she could not even begin to defend herself. She is essentially taking the 5th. In other words, she doesn't want to take the stand and have to tell the truth. Once they begin lying at this level there is nowhere to go but tell more lies to cover the other lies. This has to at some point blow up in their face. I don't believe the American people are that stupid. If they are then screw them, they deserve what they get.

==========
Obviously, that's a fake JakeD at 11:19 AM. "As a matter of protocol, the governor and the first family are expected to attend community events across the state," she said. "It's absolutely reasonable that the first family participates in community events." The state finance director, Kim Garnero, said Alaska law exempts the governor's office from elaborate travel regulations. Said Leighow: "The governor is entitled to a per diem, and she claims it."

No harm, no foul.

Posted by: JakeD | September 9, 2008 11:27 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

How can someone claim a per diem for living in your own home? If you're a crook....that's how. Just because Ms. Palin found a loop hole in Alaska's law doen't make it right. She's rotten to the core.

Posted by: playa | September 9, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

After a while they don't even know the difference anymore. It is all monopoly money to them. Once they start taking money and see how easy it is they are hooked. Just bill it to the city or state who cares. They don't even think they are doing anything wrong after a while. You see them every week on the news, some city official who takes tens of thousands of dollars and they just sit there without any explanation. It is just too easy.

========
Sarah Palin billed the state 316 days per diem within a two year period to live in her house. Some 'reformer' she's turned out to be.

Posted by: JakeD | September 9, 2008 11:19 AM

Posted by: pop a smoke | September 9, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

I guess it is OK with Bo to cheat in TX and OH.
Dirty Tricks in Texas and Ohio

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

No harm, no foul.

Posted by: JakeD | September 9, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Yea, she's very divisive and I sense that when more gets out there about her record less Hillary supporters and independents will back her. Look at the break down of public figures on whether or not she was a good choice. It's close...

McCain was actually already getting more support from the base than Obama was, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out. My bet is that Biden wins over enough independents in working class America by the end of this to put Obama on top. The economy is going to get worse, so that will be the issue in the end.

Posted by: b | September 9, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse