Bill Ayers Speaks

Bill Ayers outside his home in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood, Nov. 4, 2008. (Peter Slevin/The Washington Post)

updated 9 a.m., 11/5/08
By Peter Slevin
CHICAGO -- William Ayers, the former Weather Underground leader who became an issue in the 2008 campaign, said yesterday that he is not close to president-elect Barack Obama and that Obama's opponents had turned him into "a cartoon character."

Ayers, an author and education professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago, said he thought the accusation by Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin that Obama had been "palling around with terrorists" was absurd.

"Pal around together? What does that mean? Share a milkshake with two straws?" Ayers said in his first interview since the controversy began. "I think my relationship with Obama was probably like thousands of others in Chicago. And, like millions and millions of others, I wish I knew him better."

Republicans have tried to make Ayers into Obama's Willie Horton. A mug shot from Ayers's anti-Vietnam War days appeared in campaign advertisements across the country. The story of his radical past, as told by his critics, is a cable television fixture.

Yet Ayers, 64, said he does not "feel very victimized." Although he declined media interviews and received hate mail, he continued to teach and write, postponing the release of a book because of the controversy.

"I didn't do anything. It's all guilt by association. They made me into a cartoon character; they threw me up on stage just to pummel me," Ayers said. "I felt from the beginning that the Obama campaign had to run the campaign and I had to run my life."

Although Ayers served with Obama on the boards of two foundations, he said he had no contact with the Obama campaign. "That's not my world," he said.

On an uncommonly warm and sunny Election Day afternoon, Ayers came to the door of the Hyde Park rowhouse he shares with his wife, former Weather Underground partner Bernardine Dohrn, a Northwestern University law professor. Wearing jeans, running shoes, a T-shirt, and hoop earrings in both ears, Ayers greeted neighbors as they passed by.

"Palling around! You guys are palling around," he joked to a couple out walking their dogs. Referring to an open house he and his wife hosted for Obama during his 1995 campaign for the state Senate, he said: "Everybody, including you, wants to have a coffee here. I don't know what the [expletive] I'm going to do."

Across the street from Ayers's front stoop was the polling place where an eclectic group of neighborhood residents cast their ballots, among them Ayers, Obama and Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan. As Ayers spoke, groups of schoolchildren chanted "O-ba-ma!" and "Yes, we can!"

In the late 1960s, the Weather Underground, a radical offshoot of the antiwar movement, asserted responsibility for roughly a dozen bombings. Among the targets were the Pentagon, the Capitol, police stations, banks and courthouses.

Three of the conspirators were killed in the 1970s when a bomb exploded prematurely, but no one else was injured in a campaign described by one critic as "immensely bad ideas and dreadful tactics."

In a story that appeared in the New York Times on Sept. 11, 2001, Ayers was quoted as saying that he did not regret setting bombs. He told the reporter, "I feel we didn't do enough."

The depiction of Ayers as an "unrepentant terrorist" caught on.

Asked yesterday if he wishes he had set more bombs, Ayers answered, "Never." He also said he had regrets.

"I wish I'd been wiser," he said. "I wish I'd been more effective. I wish I'd been more unifying. I wish I'd been more principled."

History has shown of the Vietnam War that "those who opposed it were on the right side," Ayers said. But he said some of his early rhetoric was "juvenile."

Ayers blames the "liberal media" for failing to dismiss the Republican assaults. He called the media's performance "kind of shameful" and likened the situation to the 2004 episode when Swift Boat Veterans for Truth created a narrative that helped doom the candidacy of Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.).

"The dishonest narrative," Ayers said, "is that guilt by association has some validity."

Ayers said he has "a lot of sympathy for Jeremiah Wright," Obama's former pastor, who was vilified as anti-American. "I felt he was treated grotesquely and unfairly."

One day this summer, Ayers said, two e-mail threats reached his office computer. One told him that a posse was coming to shoot him; another said a gang would kidnap and waterboard him.

A university police officer who had known Ayers for years arrived and joked, "Gosh, I hope the guy who's coming to shoot you gets here first."

Ayers described Obama's expected victory as an "achingly exciting moment" and said he would mingle with the crowd at the election night rally in downtown Chicago. He was not an invited guest.

He said he had no contact with the Obama campaign. "That's not my world," he said.

On a sunny election day afternoon, Ayers came to the door of the Hyde Park rowhouse he shares with his wife and fellow former Weather Underground partner Bernardine Dohrn.
Wearing jeans, running shoes, a t-shirt and hoop earring in both ears, Ayers called out to friends as they passed by. To one couple out walking their dogs, he called out, "Palling around! You guys are palling around."

Ayers talked about the fact that he and his wife, a Northwestern University law professor, held an open house for Obama when he first ran for the Illinois state senate in 1995.

"Everybody, including you, wants to have a coffee here," Ayers said. "I don't know what the (expletive) I'm going to do."

Across the street from where Ayers was standing was the polling place where he -- and Obama, separately -- both cast their votes today. As Ayers spoke, groups of schoolchildren chanted "O-ba-ma!" and "Yes we can!"

In the late-1960s, the Weather Underground, a radical offshoot of the antiwar movement, claimed responsibility for roughly a dozen bombings. Among the targets were the Pentagon, the Capitol, police stations, banks and courthouses. Beyond the three conspirators killed in the 1970s when a bomb exploded prematurely, no one was injured in a campaign described by one critic as "immensely bad ideas and dreadful tactics."

In a story that appeared by coincidence in The New York Times on September 11, 2001, Ayers was quoted as saying that he did not regret setting bombs and, "I feel we didn't do enough."

Obama served on a pair of foundations with Ayers and the couple held a gathering for him when he first entered state politics in 1995. The depiction of Ayers as an "unrepentant terrorist" caught on.

Asked Tuesday if he wishes he had set more bombs, Ayers answered, "Never."

He also said he had regrets.

Ayers said he blames what he called liberal media outlets for failing to dismiss Obama's acquaintance with him as a case of guilt by association, likening it to the way the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth created a narrative that helped doom Sen. John F. Kerry four years ago.

"The dishonest narrative is that guilt by association has some validity," Ayers said, saying the performance of the media was "kind of shameful."

One day last summer, Ayers said, he received two threats on his office computer while he was in his downtown office. One said a posse was coming to shoot him; another said a gang would kidnap and waterboard him.

A university police officer who had known Ayers for years arrived and told him, "Gosh, I hope the guy who's coming to shoot you gets here first."

Ayers said Obama's expected victory is an "achingly exciting moment." He planned to join the throngs at Obama's election night rally in Grant Park.

He is not an invited guest.

By Web Politics Editor  |  November 4, 2008; 6:42 PM ET
Categories:  Barack Obama
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: TX: Turnout Predicted Up From '04
Next: MN: On Track to Shatter Records

Comments

Jeeze, don't you people EVER let up? I thought that the election would put to rest some of the really wingnutter rhetoric in these threads. People, get help! Seek counseling! If you are still posting venom on these threads, than you've got much bigger problems to sort out than the election.

Posted by: osullivanc1 | November 5, 2008 9:45 PM | Report abuse

Ayers a cartoon, TAZ maybe, what a shame, I like TAZ. Well at least America has something to like about the TERRORIST.

I still haven't figured why someone would let him teach my kids.
It would probably be cheaper to send our kids to one of OSAMA's camps

Posted by: Rhonda4 | November 5, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse

The big question unasked by the media is if Barack Obama met Bill Ayers during the time both were in the Columbia University community at the same time that a splinter group of the Weathermen was still actively planting bombs.

While the possibility has been suggested in blogs, there does not appear to be any record of any media directly asking Obama if he met Ayers in New York and if such a relationship spurred Obama to travel to Chicago to begin his career as a community organizer.

Barack Obama’s first known meetings with Bill Ayers would occur three years after Obama graduated from Columbia, in Chicago in 1987.

Ayers was an activist in the Alliance for Better Chicago Schools. Community organizer Barack Obama’s Developing Communities Project was a member of that Alliance.

Barack Obama was not eight, but a 24-year-old community organizer in Chicago at the time of the Weathermen’s last attacks, and 29 when many of the last remnants of the Underground in the offshoot May 19th Communist Organization were sentenced to prison in 1990.

(Former Weatherman Elizabeth Ann Duke is still a fugitive and wanted by the FBI.)

Posted by: john5750 | November 4, 2008 10:42 PM | Report abuse

YOU KNOW BILL AYERS, OBAMA'S LONGTIME COMMUNIST FRIEND, TERRORIST BOMBER AND MURDERER......

THOMAS AYRES IS WILLIAM AYERS’ FATHER WHO WAS CHAIRMAN OF EXELON – OBAMA’S BIGGEST CONTRIBUTOR.

OBAMA VOTED IN 2005 TO SUPPORT BUSH-CHENEY’S PRO-EXELON ENERGY BILL!

SEN. HILLARY CLINTON AND SEN. MCCAIN VOTED AGAINST IT!

WHOSE INTERESTS IS OBAMA REALLY PROTECTING?

Why did he shamefully vote in favor of the worst pro-energy industry bills that created disasters for our environment and our health?!

It was Obama and Cheney's gift to Big Oil.

Posted by: john5750 | November 4, 2008 10:27 PM | Report abuse

The Weather Underground Communist terrorists have long peddled the line that their bombings didn't kill anybody, except themselves. The book flap for Ayers book, Fugitive Days, insists that the organization carried out "strategic, bloodless bombings, including one inside the Pentagon."

Bloodless? Tell that to the family of the San Francisco policeman and those who were injured. Newspaper accounts at the time put the number of people wounded at nine.

Riddled with shrapnel, Sgt. Brian V. McDonnell died two days later at San Francisco General Hospital. A memorial was held for him in February 2007. He was a young man with his whole life ahead of him. But to Ayers and Dohrn, he was a "pig."

"Sergeant McDonnell caught the full force of the flying shrapnel, which consisted of heavy metal staples and lead bullets. As other officers tried rendering aid to the fallen sergeant, they could see that he sustained a severed neck artery wound and severe wounds to his eyes and neck," the San Francisco Police Officers Association Journal reports.

"Officers [Ron] Martin and [Al] Arnaud, who were standing several feet from the window ledge, were knocked to the ground and sustained injuries from the flying glass," it says. The blast caused them hearing impairment and shock. One officer was knocked to the floor unconscious, while another "suffered multiple severe wounds on his face, cheek and legs from the flying fragments of the glass."

Posted by: john5750 | November 4, 2008 10:21 PM | Report abuse

William Ayers, Obama's close friend and mentor, is a communist. But don't take my word for it. He said so himself:

"WE ARE A GUERRILLA ORGANIZATION. WE ARE COMMUNIST WOMEN AND MEN, UNDERGROUND IN THE UNITED STATES FOR MORE THAN 4 YEARS."

Read his Communist Manifesto here"

AYERS MANIFESTO

Posted by: john5750 | November 4, 2008 10:13 PM | Report abuse

Dohrn got a Job at Northwestern because her late father-in-law, Thomas Ayers was a Trustee of Northwestern and good friends with the President, he also got her a job at Sidley Austin, they were the Law Firm for Commonwealth Edison. She can't Practice Law, she is a TERRORIST, she was much more infamous then Bill Ayers, she was #3 on the F.B.I. Most wanted list for years.

Posted by: hank48188 | November 4, 2008 10:07 PM | Report abuse

Seriously this is too funny.

Rick Santorum is on FOX with Geraldine Ferraro . . ha ha! He's one of the reasons Pennsylvania went Blue again!!

Posted by: delantero | November 4, 2008 9:52 PM | Report abuse

"I didn't do anything. It's all guilt by association." Really? So Ayers isn't a terrorist who even now is unrepentant?

Finally, the WaPo deigns to do a little investigative journalism -- on Election Day. Stay classy, left-wing media.

Posted by: PaulinNJ | November 4, 2008 9:50 PM | Report abuse

God save America.

Posted by: JakeD | November 4, 2008 9:47 PM | Report abuse

Ayers (*y a w n*) who?

Posted by: T-Prop | November 4, 2008 9:43 PM | Report abuse

I don't think the campaign turned Ayers into a cartoon figure. I think he did that all by himself.

Posted by: Ombudsman1 | November 4, 2008 9:34 PM | Report abuse

What's better, Obama winning or watching Karl Rove on Fox watching Axelrod eat his disciple for lunch??!!

---and how about you cite Ayer's sources, and so what, he's talking about education reforms, empowering people, and that is wrong?!?

How about our health care system, it provides much for the rich and leaves out millions. Go ahead, call me a commie as you are so want to do, but there are a lot of good capitalist reasons to provide health care to a population . . how about missed work days due to illness, for instance? Oh, so radical. There are plenty of solid companies that understand this idea . . not the blinded GOP>

Posted by: delantero | November 4, 2008 9:25 PM | Report abuse

Thanks WP for deleting my post. You've confirmed what I've always thought about you. Could you explain how me saying that Ayers is mentally ill is a violation of your TOS?

Posted by: Geepers1 | November 4, 2008 9:22 PM | Report abuse

Since delantero is so pumped about Ayers views on education, here is a little bit of his 2006 speech to his buddy Hugo Chavez:

My comrade and friend Luis Bonilla, a brilliant educator and inspiring fighter for justice … has taught me a great deal about the Bolivarian Revolution [i.e., Chavez's movement] and about the profound educational reforms underway here in Venezuela under the leadership of President Chavez. We share the belief that education is the motor-force of revolution, and I’ve come to appreciate Luis as a major asset in both the Venezuelan and the international struggle—I look forward to seeing how he and all of you continue to overcome the failings of capitalist education as you seek to create something truly new and deeply humane…. [For more information on the Venezuelan socialist Luis Bonilla-Montoya, see here.]

Oh yeah!! Stupid GOP!!

Posted by: dkidwell61 | November 4, 2008 9:16 PM | Report abuse

"AsperGirl: Didn't you vote for Obama?"

Posted by: JakeD | November 4, 2008 8:13 PM

Yes, I did. That doesn't mean I think a lot of Ayers and Wright!

These extremists should realize that they're not "speaking truth to power" anymore, they're embarrassments and will make Obama bleed political capital the more they shoot their mouths off about themselves. The campaign season wasn't about them. They should let it go. Neither of them took any hits harder than Joe the Plumber did, anyways.

Posted by: AsperGirl | November 4, 2008 9:15 PM | Report abuse

I just heard Obama may have won Pennsylvania?!?!

The blue landslide has begun, Virgina and North Carolina, you're next!!!

Posted by: delantero | November 4, 2008 8:58 PM | Report abuse

Here's some more review of Ayers book, boy he sounds really whacko, foolish GOP.

"""Education, as Ayers points out, has the potential to empower and to enable us to gain a deeper awareness, or in the words of Paulo Freire develop a “critical consciousness,” of our humanity. Ayers believes that education can guide us to become more “fully human” and “self-conscious.” Education can also “enlighten” us to better serve the interest of the “human community.” Ayers maintains that the role of education should be to “open doors” to new possibilities to transform the world. ""

Posted by: delantero | November 4, 2008 8:54 PM | Report abuse

""Obama funneled millions of dollars to Ayers pet radical educational projects.""

You are right, education is radical to a Republican, what'd they do with the projects . . .

his a review of his latest Radical book . .

"In Teaching toward freedom: Moral commitment and ethical action in the classroom, William Ayers explores the existing dialectical tensions within the politics of education. The book, as the title suggests, examines the purpose of education and schooling by drawing upon a wide range of sources including literature and films. One of the topics Ayers discusses is the notion that education is a humanizing endeavor. For Ayers, the aim of education is to foster, develop and expand our capacities as human beings. ""

Posted by: delantero | November 4, 2008 8:53 PM | Report abuse

What a liar!

Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn have been friends and colleagues of Barack and Michelle Obama since 1988 when Michelle went to work in Dohrn’s office.

Ayers vouched for Obama with the thugs who got Obama into Harvard.

Ayers and Obama worked on both The Woods Fund and The Annanberg Challenge together, and Obama funneled millions of dollars to Ayers pet radical educational projects.

Ayers and Obama shared an office for three years!

Ayers and Obama sat on discussion panels for juvenile justice studies that Michelle Obama organized.

Ayers helped ghostwrite Obama’s book “Dreams of My Father”

Ayers and Dohrn threw the party that kicked off Obama’s political career.

Obama wrote a blurb promoting Ayer’s book.

Ayers donated money for Obama’s senate race

These people have been close for 20 years, and I can’t believe they’re stupid enough to think that people can’t figure that out!

Posted by: anna_78750 | November 4, 2008 8:24 PM | Report abuse

Well; at least Obama's "creeps and freaks" will likely stay well in the background. The dismal shrub appointed all his to the highest offices in the land.

Posted by: andro1 | November 4, 2008 8:18 PM | Report abuse

AsperGirl:

Didn't you vote for Obama?

Posted by: JakeD | November 4, 2008 8:13 PM | Report abuse

so who's the "bboy" now, beaglebreath?

Posted by: mdrockjock | November 4, 2008 7:50

Ha Ha! Nice. Going to celebrate this one as the GOP/McCain campaign has turned so far right and so debase in their constant attacks that they may have finally been exposed for the hippocrites and the liars they are.

It'll be nice when Obama's government is so sickening, sweetly moderate too.

Is Warren Buffett, an endorser of Obama, a socialist?

Would Colin Powell "pall around with terrorists?"

Please. GOP supporters, you have no one to blame but yourselves.

Posted by: delantero | November 4, 2008 8:10 PM | Report abuse

"Needless to say, Ayers should have been hanged. He's a terrorist. Posted by: hurtubises"

Apparently, the FBI didn't seem to think so.

But I guess you think the FBI must be left-wing anti-American terrorist sympathizers?

Riiiiiiigggghhhttt!!! Ha Ha!

Posted by: el_barto | November 4, 2008 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Hey el-barto!!!

Do a little research!! The FBI still thinks so!! The evidence was overwhelming, but the courts threw some out on technicalities on collection.

Posted by: dkidwell61 | November 4, 2008 8:05 PM | Report abuse

who gives a --- what ayers has to say. why would you even ask him? no wonder your job is coming to an end.

Posted by: 12thgenamerican | November 4, 2008 8:01 PM | Report abuse

"The usual high-quality reporting from the Post. Slevin - buttboy - she's not a professor....so she can't teach law."

Posted by: hurtubises | November 4, 2008 7:18 PM | Report abuse

from http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=2190

"Born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1942, Bernardine Dohrn is currently an Associate Professor of Law at Northwestern University"

so who's the "buttboy" now, beaglebreath?

Posted by: mdrockjock | November 4, 2008 7:50 PM | Report abuse

mdrockjock,

I think you will find that she holds an Adjunct Professor position which means she is not a salaried or tenured "Professor". She probably teaches a class or two and thats it. She did not pass the bar however.

Posted by: dkidwell61 | November 4, 2008 8:00 PM | Report abuse

Apparently, the FBI didn't seem to think so.

Riiiiiiigggghhhttt!!! Ha Ha!

Posted by: el_barto | November 4, 2008 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Blah..blah...blah. Peter Slevin is not a journalist; he's a mouthpiece for a liar. How about asking questions about their relationship for years at The Woods Foundation where they worked together daily, the dinner at the Khalidi's or the numerous speeches and panels they attended together.

Posted by: vicnissen | November 4, 2008 7:53 PM | Report abuse

"we marched on Washington but the blind and those who do not listen, destroyed human beings everyday for years"

Hey bdrevers, was this the war you were protesting or abortion!!??

And you are not really trying to equate the SDS and Weather Underground with the Anti-War movement, are you???

Posted by: dkidwell61 | November 4, 2008 7:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hurtubises | November 4, 2008 7:18 PM | Report abuse

from http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=2190

so who's the "buttboy" now, beaglebreath?

Posted by: mdrockjock | November 4, 2008 7:50 PM | Report abuse

This guy hates America and still he stays here to try and destroy it.

Posted by: speedo1 | November 4, 2008 7:43 PM | Report abuse

"Ayers talked about the fact that he and his wife, a Northwestern University law professor..."

The usual high-quality reporting from the Post. Slevin - buttboy - she's not a professor. She was convicted of a violent felony, and is ineligible for the Illinois bar exam, so she can't teach law.

She babysits NW's little liberal law students

Well, if what you say is true, she may be debarred from being a practicing attorney but that does not necessarily prevent her from teaching law.

And, why the need to be nasty about it?

Posted by: ponderer | November 4, 2008 7:42 PM | Report abuse

Was Ayers asked if he ever wrote anything for Obama, including but not limited to Obama's book(s)?

Posted by: JakeD | November 4, 2008 7:42 PM | Report abuse

Countless youth were against the war in Vietnam, from Boston where I started college and let us not forget the Quakers and parents who could do nothing to save their sons from the draft. Vietnam was a living nightmare that went on for years. Some people were brave enough to try to stop the horror. Oh yeah, the Us could bomb villagers, families and crops that WAS NOT OK with the youth here in the USA, we marched on Washington but the blind and those who do not listen, destroyed human beings everyday for years. Sarah Palin is the worst kind of candidate, if you don't agree with her she tries to destroy through ignorance or call it what it is, belligerence. Knows nothing and still opens her mouth. Ice cold. Now it's time to celebrate!

Posted by: bdrevers | November 4, 2008 7:40 PM | Report abuse

Bill killed alot fewer people than George Bush.

Posted by: edlharris | November 4, 2008 7:39 PM | Report abuse

So this terrorist scumbag owns a rowing house? He lives quite the life in this country of ours he wants to destroy.

Posted by: pauld80 | November 4, 2008 7:36 PM | Report abuse

What a classy little counter-argument, garry2! Let's just all tell Ayers and his wife to stick a fork in it. Or would that be too insensitive? ("Dig it!")

Posted by: oldirishpig | November 4, 2008 7:35 PM | Report abuse

I hope Barack reads some of Ayers' books on education, and appoints a Secretary of Education who understands what a MESS American schools are in.

Educating American school children is not an industry. We need to start connecting teachers with the hearts and minds of our future. Let's worry about our children first.

Posted by: BeckyVII | November 4, 2008 7:35 PM | Report abuse

If all the creeps and freaks in Obama's background and past start coming out of the woodwork and shooting their narcissistic mouths off, Obama will bleed political capital very, very quickly.

Obama and/or his supporters should tell the ticks and fleas like this Ayers, to keep their freakish mouths shut. They can only hurt Obama, not help him, with their self-obsessed need to shoot their mouths off.

Posted by: AsperGirl | November 4, 2008 7:33 PM | Report abuse

The republicans will do to an intellectual what the US govt did to Openheimer, the man who headed the team to build the atomic weapon to counter Nazis.

Be really scared if you are an intellectual; for we would rather prefer you to be dumb than contributing to the society.

Posted by: mouli_7982 | November 4, 2008 7:32 PM | Report abuse

Hey Garry2!! For the sake of the world, please don't reproduce!! Palin never "slandered" Obama!! And for you to call anyone stupid is really quite funny!!!

Posted by: dkidwell61 | November 4, 2008 7:31 PM | Report abuse

Hurtubises writes about Bernardine Dohrn: "...[vulgarity deleted]she's not a professor."

Sorry to disillusion you, Hurtubises, but Northwestern's faculty directory describes her as exactly that - a professor.

Posted by: wtyler | November 4, 2008 7:31 PM | Report abuse

"Yet Ayers, 64, said he does not "feel very victimized." "

Oh, that's good. He might try to bomb or shoot the public again if he did.

What an effing hypocrite and toothless old affectation of a now-flaccid radical. When he was going nowhere, he sure used his family's money and connections to start a new life.

Posted by: AsperGirl | November 4, 2008 7:29 PM | Report abuse

Needless to say, Ayers should have been hanged. He's a terrorist.

Posted by: hurtubises | November 4, 2008 7:27 PM | Report abuse

Ayers is a terrorist. There is plenty that links Obama to being his friend including the review he wrote in Ayers book. This stuff will eventually leak out.

Posted by: ontheblvd | November 4, 2008 7:27 PM | Report abuse

Why didn't Peter Slevin ask the REAL question to Ayers!!!??? What does a self proclaimed Anarchist, still preaching Ultra-Left views, see in Barack Obama who is trying to position himself as some kind of Moderate?? Isn't the truth really that Obama and Ayers are cut from the same cloth and that Obama will say anything to get elected before moving back to his Ultra Left base!!??

Posted by: dkidwell61 | November 4, 2008 7:26 PM | Report abuse

She babysits NW's little liberal law students.

Posted by: hurtubises | November 4, 2008 7:18 PM | Report abuse

Well,jpmn, I wish Sarah Palin were in prison for her slanderous remarks about Obama and for her general stupidity, which has done much harm.

Posted by: garry2 | November 4, 2008 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Did ANYONE from the WaPo even try to get this interview before today?

Posted by: JakeD | November 4, 2008 7:12 PM | Report abuse

I wish Billy was in prison along with his wife.

Posted by: jpmn | November 4, 2008 7:04 PM | Report abuse