Republican Governors Head South

By Ben Pershing
Much of the political press heads south today to Miami and its 82-degree forecast -- being a reporter can be tough sometimes -- for the Republican Governors Association meetings and, more importantly, an assemblage of early contenders for 2012.

Included on the agenda: Sarah Palin (if she's done giving interviews), plus Tim Pawlenty, Bobby Jindal, Haley Barbour and, most likely, some governor you've barely heard of who plans to "pull a Huckabee" and spring onto the national scene in four years' time. Also brewing for the minority, an escalating battle to run the Republican National Committee. Over the past 48 hours we've heard the names Newt Gingrich (really?), Michael Steele and John Sununu, as well as Fred Thompson (really??) and the expected cast of state party leaders.

The Obama transition team, meanwhile, unveiled new rules yesterday on hiring lobbyists that are different than any previous administration's. But is this a change you can believe in?

Continue reading at Political Browser»

By Web Politics Editor  |  November 12, 2008; 8:07 AM ET
Categories:  The Rundown
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: In Chicago, Obama Returns Calls From World Leaders
Next: Obama Transition Takes Issue With AP Report

Comments

My full sized anatomically correct Palinesque4play doll by Wasilla Products LTD. arrived by ups today.
I read the instructions and followed them explicitly. I installed the battery pack and inserted the program chip provided. I then set it to Juneau mode. It screeched to life and immediately started talking and would not stop. When it saw the front door ajar it said it was a sign from God and plowed through it. I haven't seen it since.
Now I can't get a refund and I may be responsible for whatever this thing does before the battery runs down.

I do not recommend this model, it is unfortunately too lifelike to be practical.

Posted by: seemstome | November 12, 2008 9:07 PM | Report abuse

I want to know if we are going to have two Alaska Senators in a row end up getting indicted for having work done to their houses. I think it would be smart for the Republicans to figure out exactly what Todd’s buddies who helped them build their house got in the way of work at the Wasilla sports complex? Does this create a tax envision problem for Palin? Don’t blame me when this blows up in 2012.

Posted by: bradcpa | November 12, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

The future of the Republican party. Meeting together. All in the same place.

What a tempting set of circumstances to somehow affect the future...

Posted by: VMR1 | November 12, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

This has nothing to do with Obama Transition team. Just b'coz there is no transition news, you are puttingthis crap news here. Remove this from "44" blog.

Posted by: yeda924 | November 12, 2008 10:51 AM | Report abuse

I am looking into setting up my own media network. There is going to be alot of mivie tickets sold for this one!

Anybody want some jujubees!

Posted by: vicbennettnet | November 12, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Appropriate as the whole party has "gone south" or perhaps the event should be called the "Palin Pow-Wow"

Posted by: NotBubba | November 12, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Get out the popcorn, sit back and watch the rump of the republican party tear itself apart. I love circular firing squads.

Their problem is that a political party whose purpose is to enhance the wealth of already rich, white, business men has to wear a mask at all times. That mask has fallen off and broken.

Posted by: shrink2 | November 12, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Sarah Palin will be there - and she is a good example for the others of what is wrong with America. .............

Posted by: glclark4750 | November 12, 2008 9:54 AM | Report abuse

The Entire Collection needs a Collective "Pelosi" Slap!

What I would give for an opportunity to give them all my two-cents worth in front of witnesses! Then, have them try to justify their lack of understanding of what I consider the REAL Issues!

Personally, I have to wonder what color the sky is, on the World they live in?!

As we are caught up in an Economic disaster, you'd think, they would be trying to get Mitt Romney involved.

No, Wait! What was I thinking! :-/

A Brilliant Venture Capitalist involved! THAT, would be something INTELLIGENT! ;~)

Posted by: SAINT---The | November 12, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse