Obama Team Releases Report on Contacts with Blagojevich

With his lawyer Sam Adam following, Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich arrives at his first press conference after his arrest in Chicago. (Scott Olson/Getty Images)

Updated 4:46 p.m.
By Michael D. Shear
White House Chief of Staff designate Rahm Emanuel talked twice with Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich and four times with the governor's chief of staff but did not engage in any inappropriate discussions about Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat, a report by Obama's presidential transition staff asserts.

The 5-page memorandum, which was released to reporters by e-mail two days before Christmas, says that the contact between the scandal-plagued governor and the president-elect's staff was proper and limited in scope.

"The accounts contain no indication of inappropriate discussions with the Governor or anyone from his office about a 'deal' or a quid pro quo arrangement in which he would receive a personal benefit in return for any specific appointment to fill the vacancy," the report, authored by White House Counsel-designate Gregory Craig, said.

The report also revealed for the first time that officials with the U.S. Attorney's office investigating the Blagojevich case interviewed Obama on Dec. 18. Emanuel was interviewed on Dec. 20 and Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett was interviewed on Dec. 19.

The report did not disclose what information any of them provided to the prosecutors.
United States Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald has accused Blagojevich and his former chief of staff, John Harris, of conspiring to sell Obama's Senate seat to the highest bidder. The federal complaint is based on hours of taped recordings of conversations involving Blagojevich and Harris.

The existence of the tapes -- almost all of which remain unheard by the public -- has prompted furious speculation about whether any of them captured discussions between Blagojevich and members of Obama's staff.

One conversation Fitzgerald's complaint described had hinted that the the Illinois governor was frustrated by contacts with Obama or some of his staff.

"Blagojevich said he knows that the President-elect wants Senate Candidate 1 for the Senate seat," the complaint states, referring to an unnamed person thought to be Jarrett. "But 'they're not willing to give me anything except appreciation. [Expletive] them.'"

Days after Blagojevich was arrested, Obama declared that he had not talked to his home state governor and promised to come clean about his staff's contacts after an internal review that he said would take just a few days.

The president-elect later delayed release of the internal investigation at Fitzgerald's request.

The report confirms leaked reports that Emanuel had repeated contact with the governor's office immediately after being named Obama's chief of staff. But it asserts that none of the contacts went beyond discussions of who might be considered for the Senate seat that Obama is vacating.

"Mr. Emanuel and the Governor did not discuss a cabinet position, 501c(4), a private sector position for the Governor or any other personal benefit for the Governor," Craig writes in the report.

The report says that Emanuel was communicating with Harris at Obama's request about the individuals Obama thought should be considered for the post, but was directed by Obama not to express any favor for one over the other.

In the early conversations with the governor, the report says, Emanuel recommended Jarrett before knowing that Obama wanted to remain neutral on the subject.

"He did so before learning -- in further conversations with the President-Elect -- that the President-Elect had ruled out communicating a preference for any one candidate," the report says. "As noted above, the President-Elect believed it appropriate to provide the names of multiple candidates to be considered, along with others, who were qualified to hold the seat and able to retain it in a future election."

Craig says in the report that neither Jarrett nor Obama adviser David Axelrod had any contact with the governor or his staff. The report says that one Obama friend who is not employed by the transition had a brief conversation about the subject with a member of Blagojevich's staff.

Emanuel has not commented about his contacts with Blagojevich. He left Tuesday on what his staff described as a long-planned family vacation to Africa.

Obama is vacationing in Hawaii this week and did not comment on the report's contents. Earlier this month, he said the report found that his staff had done nothing wrong.

Asked about the report earlier on Tuesday, Vice President-elect Joe Biden said that he did not think "there is anything to exonerate" because the report shows "there has been no inappropriate contact between any member of the Obama staff or transition team with Blagojevich."

By Web Politics Editor  |  December 23, 2008; 4:41 PM ET
Categories:  DEPT. OF JURISPRUDENCE
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Bush's Last Camp David Christmas
Next: Obama Fills More Key National Security Slots

Comments

The recent fatal plane crash of Michael Connell, key witness to RNC elction fraud and I.T. expert believed to have information on missing White House emails, is a much bigger deal than the Blagovich scandal.

Posted by: rooster54 | December 27, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

This Governor reminds me of Michael Meyers...Besides that, none of it should come as a surprise. Anyone ever hear that politians are a bit below middle class America? Wake up America. Our Government is not working on any front. Yet we pay taxes for this service. Let's hold our own investigations into it all...no bail out for any of them!

Posted by: tomO1 | December 26, 2008 5:20 AM | Report abuse

First off their were no contacts with Blago according to the Obama administration, then their was maybe 1 or 2 phone calls by Emmanuel to Blago. Now its two conversations with Blago and 4 with his aide who just recently resigned. Now that's what i call an evolving lie. If this is their idea of "Hope and Change" all i can say is it is one sick twisted joke.

Posted by: zcxnissan | December 26, 2008 12:40 AM | Report abuse

infuse (and mudbone, if you care):

I posted BEFORE the Shear "UPDATE" when the only thing WaPo had up was the link. Reading Shear's "UPDATE" and the rest of WaPo fawning coverage of Obama (did you see the latest "Giving Obama Benefit of Doubt" thread?) makes me think they should have quit while they were ahead ...

Posted by: JakeD | December 24, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Obama cleared himself and his cronines of any wrongdoing. Wow. What a surprise. Any internal investigation is absolutely worthless. Who is going to find oneself guilty of any wrongdoing? Obama absolutely did lie. He first said there was no contact with Blago. Even David Axelrod told Fox News Chicago on November 23 that Obama and Blago had discussed names to replace him. How is that not contact? Obama isn't even in office yet, and he is tainted by scandal. He learned Chicago politics, and that is a certainty.

Democrat who did not fall for Obamamania.

Posted by: Maryann261 | December 24, 2008 3:02 AM | Report abuse

Doesn't need any Obama or his team report for this case
this is FBI and CIA duty to find out. Undeniable current case is a second seat buyer or second customer for Illinois Governor,so necessary to be find out who is the first seat buyer or first customer for Governor. That would be an important political matter.

Posted by: BellaLiberty | December 24, 2008 12:04 AM | Report abuse

Okay, so we have Blago whining on tape that Obama won't give him squat for appointing Jarrett to the Senate. Even if Obama knew what Blago was up to, he chose not to get involved. Smart man. Exactly how was it corrupt of Obama to turn down a bribe?

Posted by: kea_ | December 23, 2008 11:15 PM | Report abuse

I am relieved to know that an investigation by Adam and Eve of Adam and Eve exonerates them from any charge of improperly eating the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge. God, therefore, acted in haste when He kicked them out of the Garden of Eden. A civil lawsuit for damages is expected to be filed shortly.

Posted by: BeanCounter49 | December 23, 2008 10:35 PM | Report abuse

"Obama is a fraud. He will not finish his term."

I don't think he's a fraud. I'm much more concerned that some right-wing crackpot will make sure Obama doesn't finish his term.

Posted by: mikem1 | December 23, 2008 10:26 PM | Report abuse

Obama is a fraud. He will not finish his term. We know that the brothers will start a riot when he is exposed and compelled to resign. The only question is; will the white limousine liberals who post on this board join their oppressed dark complexioned comrades in their rampage? Don't bet on it. They are, first and foremost, cowards.

Posted by: lure1 | December 23, 2008 10:14 PM | Report abuse

Obama team clears itself.

The stench of corruption hangs low over the Obama transition as Richardson and Clinton and Emmanuel are pulled into the vortex. Soon trillions of federal dollars will be splooged into the nimble old hands of these appointed kleptocrats.

Posted by: georgejones5 | December 23, 2008 10:13 PM | Report abuse

MMMmmmm, wonder why Valerie Jarrett met with Union offficials in Chicago....recently..before word of an investigation against Blago was made public.

Posted by: Fred23 | December 23, 2008 9:54 PM | Report abuse

It's nice to know O's transition team internal investigations is using the same techniques and probably the same personnel to accomplish the investigation which the Bush/Cheney administration used. They certainly came to the same conclusions. "We didn't do anything wrong."
Barack Obama is a disingenuous homophobic Promise Keeper. He can kiss my little white butt.

Posted by: Goldmund52hotmailcom | December 23, 2008 9:48 PM | Report abuse

cowabunga1 wrote; "Now I am removing myself from this thread for real as I don't like [pizza hut] grease on my keyboard."

--------------------

yea.. but the grease on a pizza hut pie is considered the proof of it's authenticity... kind of like when they say don't worry about blemishes in leather, as it proof of IT'S authenticity.

some grease is good. tell your keyboard to 'take a hike'!

Posted by: DriveByPoster | December 23, 2008 9:48 PM | Report abuse

Cheney is the most despicable politician I can remember, and that includes Nixon (here goes my reputation, I actually think highly of Nixon).

I'm having a delightful fried haddock sandwich with a dillish tartar sauce. If there's a Republican out there who knows how to make a proper Pennsylvania fried fish sandwich, I haven't met 'em.

Posted by: officermancuso | December 23, 2008 9:46 PM | Report abuse

Hey mancuso,

Don't associate me with Cheney. Yum, yum. This stuff is good. And mancuso, as you know Cheney doesn't believe in diplomacy. Now I am removing myself from this thread for real as I don't like grease on my keyboard.

Posted by: Cowabunga1 | December 23, 2008 9:35 PM | Report abuse

Cowabunga wrote, "Pizza Hut guy just drove up, I'm outta here."

You passed the sanity test. Dick Cheney will visit tomorrow to enlist you in the foreign service.

Posted by: officermancuso | December 23, 2008 9:27 PM | Report abuse

actually dastubby.. there's a third gold rule of posting..

3) never use ad hominem attacks. they are petty. that's what republicans do because.. because.. well, because they are friggin morons and their little brains can't comprehend what details and facts even are...

and me? i'm just amused that i leave for 45 minutes, and you and mudboner are busy as little bees doing just that.

job well done!

CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!
CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!
CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!
CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

Posted by: DriveByPoster | December 23, 2008 9:25 PM | Report abuse

DriveByPoster:
______________________________

SO IF THERE WAS A PINK POLKA DOTTED ALLIGATOR AT THE BAR LAST NIGHT------

Posted by: mudbone
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It does take a while for an investigation to unfold. Remember the Rezko, Obama's good friend, trial. The FBI and the Prosecutor stated Blago was not a target. Remember? But guess what?

Posted by: bnw173 | December 23, 2008 9:21 PM | Report abuse

bnw173

You have a point about the target thing. It will be interesting to see who else gets indicted if anyone. It was no big secret as he's already indicted I think 13 people in other cases but I bet he's got all crooked Illinois politicians attention now. Obama and his team didn't take the bait. Neither did Jackson. Did anyone else? That's what I'd like know. Pizza Hut guy just drove up, I'm outta here.

Posted by: Cowabunga1 | December 23, 2008 9:20 PM | Report abuse

Cowabunga, if I were to confess that Willie Parker was not the greatest thing since sliced bread, the Mafia would be the least of my worries. I'd have my own family and my in-laws trying to cement me. Now where were we. Oh yeah, Blago, and how all Repubs assume there's dirt on Barack's nose. I happen to be very good with Photoshop, and I've studied Barack's nose, and I'm confident it's clean.

Posted by: officermancuso | December 23, 2008 9:20 PM | Report abuse

hey dasTUBBY? you look like the BIGGGGGEST idiot.. OMG, YOU are the one that needs to go back to school!

why?

well.. i said something flat out wrong A LONG TIME ago.. (and no, it wasn't on the topic of the us. branches of gov't.. i corrected that even BEFORE you attacked me), but what i said earlaier i didn't correct.. i was going to, but i didn't have a chance... you started repeating it at every opportunity.. and always when you supposedly were CORRECTING people.. and it was just plain HILARIOUS watching you BE that friggin moron parrot!

the golden rules of posting are simple.. 1) never criticize someone's spelling.. and 2) if you correct someone.. make sure you know what the f* YOU are talking about.

it kind of goes back to the old adage people used to say when talking about you, "if you keep your mouth shut, then people only THINK you are a moron.. but when you open your mouth.. people KNOW you are." ciao.

Posted by: DriveByPoster | December 23, 2008 9:16 PM | Report abuse

Didn't Fitzgerald say Blago was not a target of any investigation during the Rezko trial"
Hmmmm. Seems those prosecutors will lie like dogs. How many times have I heard a prosecutor say someone wasn't a target of their investigation and then they indict that non-target. I take what a prosecutor or the FBI says with a grain of salt.
My question is why the taping of Blago was stopped, just when the crooks were lining up. Just doesn't make sense. I know what Fitzgerald said. Had Blago sold the seat they could have gotten the buyer and he would be booted. That argument just doesn't hold water.
We're talking about all parties being Chicago folks. I believed they pulled the plug because they were afraid of the crooks they might catch. Only possible answer.
I'm for getting as many of the crooks. Even Obama and his Chicago henchmen?

Posted by: bnw173 | December 23, 2008 9:11 PM | Report abuse

so, what's up with mudboner and dastubby???

why don't they comment on the story, instead of going for the ad hominem attacks?

or is that all they know.. if so, then bring it on, a**holes!

i don't attack people here.. they need to go friggin pull on their little weiners until they get tired and drop their sleepy ugly little heads in mommy's lap.

(_!_)

Posted by: DriveByPoster | December 23, 2008 9:05 PM | Report abuse

Patty21478 wrote:

"And I am an Independent Voter too!"
-----------------------------------
Even if true, what difference does that make? One thing is clear. You hate Obama. FemiNazi? Just saying.

Posted by: Cowabunga1 | December 23, 2008 9:04 PM | Report abuse

tt

Posted by: DriveByPoster | December 23, 2008 8:59 PM | Report abuse

if blago won't go, settle it the old chicago way -- it moves quicker and more permanently

and in case the people of illinois have not heard, their stench is a mime to the global financial thug, tasteless and numb

Posted by: wwt101 | December 23, 2008 8:57 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm. Yes, Dana Perino does protest too much regarding Times story on how Bush contributed to financial crises. I posted link to that story the other day knowing it would get our boy king all riled up and would be discussed in national media.

Hey mancuso, don't you mean his starting Center position? LOL. I hear he's going to remove the bowling alley and replace it with a basketball court. I'm conflicted on that major issue!

Posted by: Cowabunga1 | December 23, 2008 8:53 PM | Report abuse

Oh sure,sure you betcha Barack Hussein Obama Investigates Obama and Obama Clears
Obama,and His Chicago Thug Rahm Emmaneul.
I hope US Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald will
get Barack Hussein Obama and Rahm Emmaneul
and all of Obama's Chicago Punks,Clinton
Has Beens,and Democrat Screw Ups Indicted
and Frog March them all off to jail in
handcuffs and legirons. Impeach Obama and
Biden. Fire Chicago Thug Rahm Emmanuel.
And I am an Independent Voter too!

Posted by: Patty21478 | December 23, 2008 8:51 PM | Report abuse

Late word has it that Obama has hired Willie Parker as his running back...wait, my radio reception is dicey...He's put Ben Roethlisburger in charge of the nuclear football...no, I'm hearing things...Can the USA survive, when hillbillies tromp on terrible towels? Stay tuned!

Posted by: officermancuso | December 23, 2008 8:50 PM | Report abuse

They finally let Biden out of his cage so looks like Obama considers this matter closed. Democrats could learn a lesson from McCain on this issue. When media keeps on asking the same questions over and over again just say I've already answered that question and move on to next question.

Posted by: Cowabunga1 | December 23, 2008 8:38 PM | Report abuse

Are you all clean?
Posted by: ojsqwert
________________________

Except of the soles of my feet!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 8:38 PM | Report abuse

There are so many tremendous things to do.
Don't waste time on trifles.
Are you all clean?

Posted by: ojsqwert | December 23, 2008 8:34 PM | Report abuse

Cowabunga1,
Yeah I've considered cremation and having my ashes thrown over Ebbets field,,but that field went to California. Now I'm considering embalming!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 8:32 PM | Report abuse

Perhaps because in the absence of religion a horrible number of infants conceived in the USA are killed in what you might hope would be the safest place on earth, the womb?
Posted by: officermancuso
________________________

Mancuso, I am not without the human feeling! The question is "DOES THE WOMB BELONG TO THE MOTHER, THE FATHER, OR THE FETUS?" It's a hard question---let the Mother decide!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 8:25 PM | Report abuse

LOL. I hear ya mudbone. I'm in for cremation and having my ashes spread on my favorite golf course so maybe I'll be part of the daisies and grass.

Posted by: Cowabunga1 | December 23, 2008 8:21 PM | Report abuse

Cowabunga1,
By the time it comes out I'll be pushing up daisies!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 8:16 PM | Report abuse

"I don't think the evidence in this case should call for impeachment," attorney Ed Genson said after Monday's hearing. "There are no facts here. All we have are inferences."
_____________________________

Really? The FBI has this guy on tape!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 8:12 PM | Report abuse

I wondered about that too mudbone but I don't think if he did blow the whistle that it will ever come out. Just my opinion. What I find interesting is Rahm Emanuel said to be pushing Valerie Jarrett because he didn't want her as competition for influence inside the White House. Now that is speculation too but would be easy for me to believe. Of course there would be nothing wrong with that either.

Posted by: Cowabunga1 | December 23, 2008 8:11 PM | Report abuse

I am happy to see the pugs are fuming.
Merry Xmas to you, suckers.

Posted by: jellybean1 | December 23, 2008 8:10 PM | Report abuse

Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly and the rest of the right wing character assassins will, nevertheless spin Innuendoes to clobber Obama. Too bad that they never go after traitors and war criminals like Cheney, Bush, et.al.

In a word - they are amoral.

Posted by: lufrank1 | December 23, 2008 8:09 PM | Report abuse

mudbone wrote, "OfficerMancuso,
Religion does not claim anything but your soul! If you choose that OK! By why is it necessary to chose it for your child? Should not it be an individual's life to find their own meaning? Why take an infant and do that?"

This is not the place for this debate, I've taken advantage of the space to make a point and I'm done.

Posted by: officermancuso | December 23, 2008 8:07 PM | Report abuse

This story should be getting the same attention as one that accuses the governor of California of sleeping with Maria Shriver.
Posted by: wstander
_____________________________-

Can she still lubricate? Man those are some old bones!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 8:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Cowabunga1
_____________________________
Well Barack's choice (aka candidate#1) withdrew the night before Fitz cuffed Blago. Hasn't come out yet but it looks like Barack blew the whistle on Blago!
Something went down that night!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 8:01 PM | Report abuse

Hey WaPo, I didn't hit post. Damn, they cut me off. Here is post I wanted to make.

Republican hit men say but how did Blago know Obama wouldn't pay to play unless they approached him and they didn't report it to authorities. Two assumptions but that is not the answer. I'll answer their question. It's very simple really. Obama submitted a list of acceptable people to him. That's how Blago knew he couldn't be bribed. Idiot Republicans. Gotta try harder.

Posted by: Cowabunga1 | December 23, 2008 8:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: wstander | December 23, 2008 7:57 PM | Report abuse

pkhenry,
read the agent's friggin transcrip, pgs 62-64, and stop your BS!
You I Heard-He-She said people are disgusting!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Cowabunga1 | December 23, 2008 7:55 PM | Report abuse

OfficerMancuso,

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 7:53 PM | Report abuse

Obama's press secretary said that Obama talked to Blagojevich, but later it turned out that he "misspoke." Chicago TV station KHQA reported on November 8 that Obama spoke with Blagojevich, but later they removed the article from their web site. Blagojevich complained bitterly on tape that the only thing Obama would "give him was gratitude" and Obama referred to that comment in his press conference, but now the story is that there were never any dicey discussions.

And now Obama clears himself. I'm totally convinced, because I am hypnotized like the press core.

Posted by: pkhenry | December 23, 2008 7:51 PM | Report abuse

mudbone, good luck once you've found all answers of this sort: "If what you want is more money, evidence suggests that the best path to pursue is stuff it in your mattress."

'Cause once you've exhausted that line of inquiry, the next one up is, "What is worthy of being desired?" And religion has as good a claim as any other activity when it comes to answering *that* question.

Posted by: officermancuso | December 23, 2008 7:43 PM | Report abuse

But you still have not read the agent's transcript , pgs 62-64, have you DRIVEBY? No, what you will do is throw up a lot of KARL ROVE flak and hope the truth will not be seen.
You really are a bottomfeeder DRIVEBY!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 7:42 PM | Report abuse

DriveByPoster:

Quoting DriveByPoster:
"the fbi and the u.s. attorney aren't part of the executive branch, are they?"

Umm.....yes, they are. OMG you need an education. Seriously, dude, you need to go back to school.

So if the Attorney General and the FBI aren't a part of the Executive Branch, what branch are they a part of? The legislative? The judicial?

And now you claim George Bush is an Obama co-conspirator.

You're an idiot.

DAStubbs,
Minneapolis

Posted by: dastubbs | December 23, 2008 7:41 PM | Report abuse

OfficerMancuso,

Religion ---the practiced routines taught by priests---is BS! If a person tries to find their meaning, honestly, earnestly, they look for truth, not what a NAZI POPE says!
BTW I'm a RECOVERING CATHOLIC so I stay off the religion, one day at a time!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 7:35 PM | Report abuse

i wrote this, "the fbi and the u.s. attorney aren't part of the executive branch, are they? i think the fbi is it's own branch now and the the ag is out of the judicial branch. i think."

----------------------

well... i'll be the first to say here that i am full of sh*t. okay? i don't know what i was thinking. yes, they are both under the executive branch, BUT, this investigation is of the legislative branch, being the investigation of a u.s. senata seat.

i found what i was looking for.. a really nice org chart from us gov't;

Posted by: DriveByPoster | December 23, 2008 7:31 PM | Report abuse

qqbDEyZW, you've got half of a good argument, but exaggerating it spoils it.

How about this:

A substantial bunch of USA voters vote against their economic self-interest. Some do so on principle - for instance, people who regard an unborn child as a human being willed by God. Some others do so because they're poorly educated and spend too much time listening to Rush and Sean.

Posted by: officermancuso | December 23, 2008 7:26 PM | Report abuse

After eight years of Bush-Cheney anyone who isn't deeply suspicious of politicians determining their own guilt or innocence needs to have their head examined by a stonecutter.

FREE AMERICA

REVOLUTIONARY (DIRECT) DEMOCRACY

Posted by: thc1138 | December 23, 2008 7:25 PM | Report abuse

dastubbs wrote, "DriveByPoster: So, if Obama or anyone on his team lied to the FBI and the prosecutor, why aren't any of them being charged? After all, the FBI and Fitzgerald work for the US Attorney General. Who, it turns out, works for George Bush. Why is George Bush keeping Obama's crimes a secret from us?

-------------------------

and my guess is that george bush doesn't want to see obama go down.. bush has the most to benefit by a successful obama presidency. obama is putting together a kick butt administration.. if anyone can get this country going the right direction, it is barack obama. obama isn't afraid to surround himself with "the best" of the best. bush was... bush was stubborn, and arrogant, and wanted to do things his way. so, if obama pulls this presidency off.. bush will be off the hook for a lot of the crap that has happened under his watch. (which he i feel is 100% responsible for).

and the last question.. why haven't any been charged? because this report was obama's "self investigation". it doesn't mean diddly squat. the u.s. ag and the fbi will come later.. IF they have the cojones. which i doubt they do.

just like nancy pelosi. she turned into a little sissy girl who rolled over on her back and spread her legs two years ago when the topic of impeachment came up. she was as guilty as bush and alberto gonzales when they approved water boarding, so she was afraid to do anything.

this whole high layer of the gov't is full of jack asses.

Posted by: DriveByPoster | December 23, 2008 7:22 PM | Report abuse

From the facts, as best I've been able to assemble them,,,Barack Blew The Whistle!!!
Geez Candidate #1 withdrew the night before Fitz cuffed Blago!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 7:19 PM | Report abuse

Patrick Fitzgerald explained at his Press Conference that Obama's team nor Jackson Jr. had anything to do with the Govenor's charges. He did such a good job at explaining that a 5th Grader would understand. But the GOP Media does what their hired to do lie/spin/blame. All over the news it was sugguested Obama's team was involved, as if Fitzgerald never spoke a word. This is why th Newspapers and Media aren't believed anymore. We only hear lies to cover up the GOP crimes. Still hard to believe McCain/Palin lost. Yes think about it America suffered for 8 years under a Dictator control and Media lies but on Jan. 20th all that will be over and we can start to rebuild what we had 8 years ago. I like to tell people our last President was Bill Clinton after him we had 8 years of the Bush Mafia.

Posted by: qqbDEyZW | December 23, 2008 7:19 PM | Report abuse

Cryos,

If your source was not talk radio, then please disclose your source. All of us would like proof of the alleged lie. But, before you spend a lot of time on your search, check back to the Dec. 11 AP story and its follow-ups. Tough when your agenda is torpedoed by the facts, ain't it?

Posted by: brucecorn | December 23, 2008 7:17 PM | Report abuse

I never suspected that Obama was mixed up with Blago's dark side. I would, however, appreciate it if Barack put his crack researchers on the case of the Steelers missing offense. Time is short!

Posted by: officermancuso | December 23, 2008 7:16 PM | Report abuse

"Cryos - care to offer any evidence for your claim that Obama lied about his personal contact with Blago?

Posted by: infuse"
----------------He said he and his staff had NO CONTACT with Blago regarding the issue. That is very cut and dry.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Still refusing to cite your "evidence" are you? Why is that? Maybe because you can't support your claim? Where is the cite that Barack Obama said what you believe he said?

Posted by: infuse | December 23, 2008 7:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: infuse"
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted by: infuse | December 23, 2008 7:15 PM | Report abuse

Why are the Limbaugh lemmings having such a problem understanding that the US Attorney's Office (under the Bush administration) has already said that the Obama team did nothing inappropriate. Obama went the extra mile to do an internal investigation and report.

Some people just aren't happy unless they're whining.

Posted by: bamccampbell | December 23, 2008 7:13 PM | Report abuse

Cryos,

If you've read the agent's transcript, pages 62 thru 64, you would know there was contact. On the tape, so the agent swears, is BLAGO saying "The $*@# won't give me anything but appreciation". As for your post saying Barack said "THERE WAS NO CONTACT"---well my stupid, do you have that on tape or just Rush Limbaugh's always truthfull word?

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 7:11 PM | Report abuse

Quoting cryos:
"OBAMA LIED I know it and you know it. I'm just not the tool willing to justify it.:
----------------

OK....I'll bite. If Obama lied, I want to know about it. Surely, someone has published the lies you claim Obama uttered.

Since you're connected to the web you should be able to search for and retrieve Obama's statement wherein you claim he lied. Please be sure to cite your source.

Otherwise, you're just ranting out of control.

DAStubbs,
Minneapolis

Posted by: dastubbs | December 23, 2008 7:11 PM | Report abuse

"My last comment is directed to Cryos as well. Better to check facts than rely on the false malarkey espoused by right wing talk radio hacks who make millions sucking people like you into their agendas.

Posted by: brucecorn"

Oh please I don't listen to talk radio. It's sad liberalism has been reduced to a bunch of petty, low iq bottom feeders who blindly follow the liberal idealist eutopian religion. REAL liberals are probably upset.

Hopefully at least the GOP will be purged of a lot of neo-cons and RINOs from the 2008 elections. The democratic party will just get worse and worse. They have a constiuency who can no longer think for themselves.

Posted by: Cryos | December 23, 2008 7:10 PM | Report abuse

Oh my goodness. The anointed one investigated himself and proclaimed himself clean
Where have I heard that before. Oh yeah. Bush?
I love those self investigations. Now the same folks with opinions on Bush's investigation will reverse positions by party and take exact opposite positions.
They will not even know what they have done. I just love the, almost complete, ignorance of the electorate.
Yep. I really trust those politicians, especially Chicago politicians, self investigating themself.

Posted by: bnw173 | December 23, 2008 7:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brucecorn | December 23, 2008 7:06 PM | Report abuse

infuse wrote, "So why was every right-wing nutcase screaming for him to release it? Weren't you among those wingnuts drooling at the mouth about his need to release the information immediately?"

-------------------------

because they are exactly that. right wing nutcases. and no, i was not one of the ones demanding he release it.

personally.. i think blagojevich is guilty as sin.. i think rahm emanuel is guilty as sin.. i think axelrod is guilty as sin.. and obama? i think he knew exactly what was going on..

i'm just pissed off that as we get closer and closer to jan 20th, it is looking more and more like things WILL be the same in washington.

i'm an ardent believer in lord acton's quote; "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely".

the power of the u.s. presidency is too much for any one person. even jesus christ himself, if elected to the office would become a schmuck.

Posted by: DriveByPoster | December 23, 2008 7:05 PM | Report abuse

people... obama hasn't answered ANYTHING.. this was and IS an investigation by the obama team ON the obama team.
Posted by: DriveByPoster
_______________________________

Yeah, what we need here a Panty-Sniffing Kenneth Star, he'll get right into stained garments. YOU BETCHA!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 7:03 PM | Report abuse

"Do you know how many people's lives will be lost because of this "LIE". How many homes? Don't you have any sense of measure Cryos? Will you and yours continue to equate an acorn to an oak tree?

Posted by: mudbone"---------------

Nice try to justify it. Classic liberal defense deny deny deny. When there is finally clear evidence then deflect, change the issue, basically try to steer the conversation.

Sorry a lot of conservatives are done with bothering with these petty liberal tactics. OBAMA LIED I know it and you know it. I'm just not the tool willing to justify it.

Posted by: Cryos | December 23, 2008 7:02 PM | Report abuse

This is a pointed response to jjcrocket's post at 5:25 p.m. crockee stated:

Obama hasn't even been sworn in and his words are contradicted already(lies).

Barry Boys first response on this issue was "me and my staff have had no contact with Blago Boy".

Just why is it that right wingnuts have such a minimalist relationship with facts, particularly when those facts get in the way of preconceptions and agendas? That actual quotations from Obama in his "first response" on December 11, as reported by AP:

"I am confident that no representatives of mine would have any part of any deals related to this seat," Obama said. "I think the materials released by the U.S. attorney reflect that fact." As to whether any aides were involved in Blagojevich's alleged dealmaking schemes, he said he was "absolutely certain" they were not."

Get the context, jj? "not part of any deals. . . . " He never said anything about no contacts with Blagojevich!

Thanks for playing. . . . next.

Posted by: brucecorn | December 23, 2008 7:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: infuse"

Sorry I'm not a liberal you can't try changing your story every day and expect I'll keep falling for it. I suppose he'll try "define contact" and the liberal koolaid drinkers will accept that as a valid argument.

There is nothing wrong with him talking to Blago about it if there are no payoffs involved I'll be the first to say that. My issue is with the blanket denial then attempting to manipulate the whole situation.

You can go on with your distorted justification I don't really care. Liberals have proved there is no reason to compromise or have tolerance for other political parties so I could really care less what you think. Obama lied plain and simple now all the tools need to either convince themselves otherwise or suck it up they got conned.

Posted by: Cryos | December 23, 2008 7:01 PM | Report abuse

DriveByPoster:
______________________________

SO IF THERE WAS A PINK POLKA DOTTED ALLIGATOR AT THE BAR LAST NIGHT------

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 7:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DriveByPoster | December 23, 2008 6:50 PM
-----------------------------------

Posted by: infuse | December 23, 2008 6:58 PM | Report abuse

OBAMA LIED.
Posted by: Cryos |
__________________________________

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 6:57 PM | Report abuse

DriveByPoster:

Why is George Bush keeping Obama's crimes a secret from us?

DAStubbs,
Minneapolis

Posted by: dastubbs | December 23, 2008 6:57 PM | Report abuse

This article leaves one issue in question. Is the Senate seat still for sale separately, or must it be purchased as a package deal along with the governors office?

Posted by: rpatoh | December 23, 2008 6:56 PM | Report abuse

All you haters yappin' out both sides of your grilles. For the last couple weeks you've been yappin' about "Obama won't say nuthin'!" Now he issues a report and y'all flip over and start up the other side, "Of course his report is gonna let him off the hook!"

If Obama nearly stepped on a rattlesnake, and then picked it up with the blade of his 7-iron and tossed it gently into the rough, you'd crow "Looka that wussie, got a club in his hand and too skeert to whack a rattler." And if he went upside its haid with his club, you'd be squealing "Looky there, why didn't he just pitch it in th' weeds? He don't care beans about th' environment!"

(Meanwhile the prosecutor's been saying all along that Obama et al aren't targets. Guess y'all were out in the kitchen bustin' your second six-pack when that came on the evening news. But so what? He's only the, er, um, the, well, the prosecutor.)

Pretty pitiful way of looking at life, wouldn't ya say -- always trying to find two dark sides on the same moon? For sure it proves one thing, sore losers will never get the burrs outta their boots.

Posted by: laboo | December 23, 2008 6:55 PM | Report abuse

another thing...

people call this an official investigative report?

well... it was released via *E-MAIL*, after all the people being "questioned" had long left on their christmas vacations.

what a joke.

this is kind of like in football.. you try to get that next play off before the other coach has a chance to ask for a review.

Posted by: DriveByPoster | December 23, 2008 6:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: infuse | December 23, 2008 6:54 PM | Report abuse

I love how liberals take an issue like this and try to blame Bush. Put down the crack pipe and try to use some logic for once you might like it.

Posted by: Cryos | December 23, 2008 6:51 PM | Report abuse

it is not binding.. nothing was recorded.. no testimony was given under oath.. this is just a bunch of b.s. to quell the stupid people's uproar.

and you know who you are.

LOL

p.s. if you want to get into something substantial here.. we need to get both david axelrod's, emanuel's, and obama's LEGAL sworn testimonies. remember.. several weeks ago axelrod said that obama talked with blagojevich several times.. and obama said he NEVER talked with him. now axelrod has retracted his statement. and emanuel.. well, that guy is just as guilty as sin itself.

and again.. this is why the report was released TODAY at 5:00pm EST... everything is shut down.. everyone is now on vacation.. and everyone hopes things will blow over and this won't be headline news come the new week monday morning.. some 6 days away.

business as usual in washington.

this is politics 101.

nothing will change.

Posted by: DriveByPoster | December 23, 2008 6:50 PM | Report abuse

Thanks INFUSE, DASTUBBS---
especially you INFUSE that was bad form on my part.

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 6:49 PM | Report abuse

Wow this must be a record for liberal revisionist media. There is no mention of the simple fact OBAMA LIED. They try to revise the issue and statements to "Obama said his staff didn't do anything inappropriate and they didn't." No he denied all communications he lied.

He lied and then when Axelrod told the truth he lied about Axelrod "misspeaking."

Here's a hint of the "transparency" and "change we can believe in." I wonder if he would have even fessed up to what he did if they didn't have them on wiretap; unlikely.

Granted if there was no malice there is no real impact but here is yet another great show of Obama's character. The liberal partisans defending him in this just show their willingness to be suckered into anything.

Posted by: Cryos | December 23, 2008 6:48 PM | Report abuse

This format has the poster at the bottom,,like the good old days. I mean, that's the way I was taught to sign all correspondence way back when! Most of the post on the web has-- JERK wrote:-- at the left top.

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 6:46 PM | Report abuse

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUDBONE ! !

Dastubbs,
Minneapolis

Posted by: dastubbs | December 23, 2008 6:43 PM | Report abuse

All is forgiven mudbone. At first I thought you weren't serious. But it soon became apparent you were. That's when I decided to ask what's up.

Posted by: infuse | December 23, 2008 6:41 PM | Report abuse

Quoting BrianK299
"How about news of a non-biased, non-affiliated person, persons, agency or organization investigating the Obama Camp for wrong doing?"
-------------------

Umm......how about the FBI and U.S Attorney Fitzgerald? Did you even read the article you're commenting on?

Check out the fourth paragraph and come back, OK?

DAStubbs,
Minneapolis

Posted by: dastubbs | December 23, 2008 6:38 PM | Report abuse

BrianK299 is so typical of neocons. They've been screaming for more than a week for Obama to address these questions. And when he does, BrianK299 and others here complain that he did.

That's why you have no respect, or chance to win elections. You can't chew gum and walk at the same time.

Posted by: infuse | December 23, 2008 6:35 PM | Report abuse

I sincerely apoligize Infuse, I'm still reading from the top down , left to right,,so I look at the left top and assume that's the jerk!
Forgive an old coot that is turning seventy in four weeks will you?
I'M SORRY!!!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 6:33 PM | Report abuse

Well!!!!
I want to know what Bill Clinton knew
And when did he know it!!!!

Oh wait!!! When did Jimmy Carter know...

errr! Oh yes, when did Michelle Obama know Gov Bagofspit was a DUUUUUUUUFASSSSSSSS?????????????

Posted by: knjincvc | December 23, 2008 6:33 PM | Report abuse

This is news? Like Obama's Team was going to "report" anything different.

How about news of a non-biased, non-affiliated person, persons, agency or organization investigating the Obama Camp for wrong doing? Oh, wait... That doesn't exist. $1,000,000,000 in campaign dollars sure buys a LOT.

God Bless America.

Posted by: BrianK299 | December 23, 2008 6:32 PM | Report abuse

Obama looks clean on this deal, but Emanuel smells a little bit. I think theres more to his involvement than there letting on to.

Posted by: bills_2_cents | December 23, 2008 6:29 PM | Report abuse

I'm waiting for the "AD HOMINEN" BS retort Infuse---waiting---waiting--
That was big with NEOCON INTELLIGENTIA a few months back

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 6:28 PM | Report abuse

mudbone, what's your problem?

After reading some of your comments it looks like we're on the same side. Yet when I posted a question for JakeD, you jumped all over it as though 1. it was addressed to you, and 2. that it implied something which you find terribly offensive.

So, what was in that question to JakeD that has you out there looking for a fight?

Posted by: infuse | December 23, 2008 6:28 PM | Report abuse

Ifuse here's another,

Your father thought he was buying a cow when he wedded your mother. Next day he tried to get out of the contract!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 6:25 PM | Report abuse

infuse wrote, "DA, true to his nom de plume, drivebyposter doesn't ever read the news in order to offer some intelligent comment. He spends all his time driving by someone else's comments, then spews out innuendo and preposterous assertions."

------------------

wow, infuse. i'm really hurt that you feel that way. you know.. i might only have one piece of pie tonight as a form of repentance for the errors of my way.

i only now hope that GOD forgives me.

Posted by: DriveByPoster | December 23, 2008 6:24 PM | Report abuse

OK INFUSE, here we go---

Your momma layed don to sell her shoes

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 6:22 PM | Report abuse

Clinton rules are in force for reporters again. It must be time to have a special prosecutor investigate and after 8 years of hunting the white whale try to pin something on Mr. Obama. I wonder where these intrepid reporters were during the Bush administration. Seems there are completely different standards for what is a scandal for Repubs and Dems. But then the scandals really have to be Nation crippling to measure up to Bush co standards.

Posted by: jswallow | December 23, 2008 6:20 PM | Report abuse

dastubbs wrote, "Ummm...we already have control of both houses and the White House? Where have you been? You could argue that the dems don't have 60 seats in the senate, but with moderate republicans voting with them, it won't matter. Neoconservatives and Kooky Konservative Kristians are out of business at the capitol."

-----------------------------

it's ALL about the veto proof control. you can't trust benedict arnold lieberman.. what the dems should have done was have obama go down to georgia and campaign for jim martin instead of letting republican saxby chambliss take that u.s. senate seat. that was the nail in the coffin that got away. i seriously doubt frankenstein franken is going to win up north.

Posted by: DriveByPoster | December 23, 2008 6:18 PM | Report abuse

Infuse,
I suggest you fuse in before I get really ugly!
.............
Before? I take it you don't have a mirror.

Posted by: infuse | December 23, 2008 6:18 PM | Report abuse

Infuse,
I suggest you fuse in before I get really ugly!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 6:16 PM | Report abuse

DA, I'm impressed with your optimism. But I don't think anyone other than the 22 percenters will ever find favor with these neocons. And winning elections with those 22 percenters is out of the question.

Posted by: infuse | December 23, 2008 6:16 PM | Report abuse

There was NO CONTACT..well maybe alittle...but NO SEX....well what is-is anyway? Here we go again.....
Posted by: doggit1
____________________________

Doggit1,, are you really that stupid or are you just your momma's failed abortion?

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 6:14 PM | Report abuse

infuse:

I know, but I can't help myself. Just doing my part to help keep republicans out of power for a generation. It'll take them that long to regain the trust of the middle class.

DAStubbs,
Minneapolis

Posted by: dastubbs | December 23, 2008 6:13 PM | Report abuse

mudbone, I suggest you lie down and eat on your bone awhile.

Posted by: infuse | December 23, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Quoting DriveByPoster:
"where are the results of these interviews?"
-------------------

Well, I'm assuming the FBI has them, and the prosecutor too. Both employed by the current Attorny General whatshisname. You know, the former judge picked by Bush who believes Bush-Cheney and Company can do no wrong.

So it seems to me if there's a government cover up, it's being led by neoconservatives in the current administration.

Right?

DAStubbs,
Minneapolis

Posted by: dastubbs | December 23, 2008 6:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: infuse | December 23, 2008 6:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: doggit1 | December 23, 2008 6:08 PM | Report abuse

And the "comment" you need Jake, is what?
Posted by: infuse
______________________________
A note from your alleged mother INFUSE affirming the fact that the best part of you dripped down her left thigh!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Quoting DriveByPoster:
"this has NOTHING to do with selecting a "person of values". it is entirely about control of congress."
------------------------

DAStubbs,
Minneapolis

Posted by: dastubbs | December 23, 2008 6:05 PM | Report abuse

dastubbs wrote, "Quoting DriveByPoster:
"which prosecutor would that be?" ------ "Ummmm....Which prosecutor do you think? Maybe the same prosecutor hauling Blago's ass into court? You didn't even read the article you're commenting on, did you? The fourth paragraph of the article reports that both Obama and members of his team were interviewed by representatives of prosecutor's office.

---------------------

yea i read that. and i also read that the fbi interviewed obama and emanuel as well. so, where are the results of these interviews? the entire report released was ENTIRELY findings by obama's transition team. 100 percent.

Posted by: DriveByPoster | December 23, 2008 6:04 PM | Report abuse

And the "comment" you need Jake, is what?

Posted by: infuse | December 23, 2008 6:02 PM | Report abuse

Well that's good enough for the WaPo. The Messiah has spoken. Yes sir!

Posted by: grohlik | December 23, 2008 5:56 PM | Report abuse
_________________________________

Grohlik, that's dumb polish no? What's your problem PIROGI?

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 6:01 PM | Report abuse

DrCha wrote, "It is clear that Obama or his office would be interested in his prior position as a senator from Illinois. They would want a person with his values to take over.

---------------------

boy. talk about being gullible. what planet have you been living on? first the dems don't want blagojevich to appoint obama's successor. and now since blagojevich won't resign, the lt. governor won't be able to appoint either. the third option was a special election.. but with blagojevich's approval at around 5%, the dems worry that a republican would be elected... so of course the dems now OPPOSE a special election. this has NOTHING to do with selecting a "person of values". it is entirely about control of congress.

in washington d.c. things for the next 4 years will be BUSINESS AS USUAL. why do i say this? just look at the timing of the release of this report.. they release it at close of business on the east coast the day before christmas eve and a 4 day holiday shutdown.

B*U*S*I*N*E*S*S as U*S*U*A*L

Posted by: DriveByPoster | December 23, 2008 5:59 PM | Report abuse

Quoting DriveByPoster:
"which prosecutor would that be?"
------------------------

You didn't even read the article you're commenting on, did you?

DAStubbs,
Minneapolis

Posted by: dastubbs | December 23, 2008 5:58 PM | Report abuse

tinyjab40 wrote, "It's not just Obama's team released a report that clears them. They were interviewed by the prosecutor.

-----------------------

which prosecutor would that be?
________________________________

Fitzgerald?

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Well that's good enough for the WaPo. The Messiah has spoken. Yes sir!

Posted by: grohlik | December 23, 2008 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Remember a NEOCON never lies. A NEOCON mis-speakes, mis-remembers, or mis-hears!
It's the FREDO defense!
It's the MIS-WHATEVER thing!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 5:56 PM | Report abuse

-----------------------

which prosecutor would that be?

Posted by: DriveByPoster | December 23, 2008 5:50 PM | Report abuse

It is clear that Obama or his office would be interested in his prior position as a senator from Illinois. They would want a person with his values to take over. This leads to some discussions with governor Blagojevich. Even if there is nothing inappropriate, republicans will use the mere fact that they spoke as a means to perpetrate guilt by association.Political attacks do not particularly need facts.

Posted by: DrCha | December 23, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

BTW, anyone who still reads the WSJ(aka thieve's bulletin) is forgetting who stole the money!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 5:48 PM | Report abuse

The NEOCONS will keep saying "HE LIED, HE LIED! THERE WAS CONTACT"
To all dead NEOCONS, including Coleman of Minn,,lie down!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 5:44 PM | Report abuse

The neo-cons are starving for some red meat to put their fangs into. It's been a long dry spell and they've shown they'll go for anything. Just read the comments on the WSJ website for the expected howls from them if you think the ones here at the WaPo site are slanted.
Easy to predict what to expect in 2009. Sore losers.
Thankfully, we're now at the "end of an error."

Posted by: odell1 | December 23, 2008 5:43 PM | Report abuse

Why wouldn't you be interested in who filled your seat in the Senate? Of course there was political discussion. The difference is "the *!%*" wasn't goin to give anything but appreciation! THAT'S WHAT'S ON TAPE!!!
What is on tape is Blogo saying Barack won't make a deal!!!

Posted by: mudbone | December 23, 2008 5:39 PM | Report abuse

See! I predicted this would happen. (It wasn't all that hard to do.)

First, Obama tells us that his team had contact with the Governor's office around which candidates Obama felt qualified, and he's positive there were no discussions about rewarding any choice Blagojevich might make.

Second, Obama's attorney looks at all the contacts and reports none were illegal.

Third, the prosecutor says the Obama team wasn't involved in any illegal activities and none of the president-elect's team are the target of the investigation.

But kooky konservative konspiracists can't accept any of that. Like I predicted last week: the only thing that will satisfy them is when Obama confesses not only to being Blago's ring leader but also to being a member of an Al Qeada sleeper cell.

What a bunch of nuts. Certainly outside the "mainstream republican party."

DAStubbs,
Minneapolis

Posted by: dastubbs | December 23, 2008 5:39 PM | Report abuse

and just to add even MORE credibility to the concept of "self investigating", remember that sarah "smell my moose" palin investigated HERSELF and found she didn't do anything wrong either.

wow. just think how much money this country can save if we eliminate the courtrooms.

judge; "mister crack cocaine dealer?"

crack cocaine dealer; "yes judge?"

judge; "you are charged with selling 500 pounds of crack cocaine to mrs smith's entire 3rd grade classroom. 23 of the 28 students are now in heroin treatment centers de-toxing because of you. you were also filmed shooting down 4 rival gangmembers on the street with an uzi machine gun. i want you to take a week and investigate yourself. come back and tell me if you are innocent or guilty."

crack cocaine dealer; "okay, your honor."

[ ONE WEEK PASSES ]

judge; "mister crack cocaine dealer?"

crack cocaine dealer; "yes judge?"

judge; "did you reach a verdict?"

crack cocaine dealer; "yes, your honor. i investigated myself, and i found myself innocent on all counts."

judge; "i accept your findings. because i know, there is no way you would lie to me.. especially if you stood to risk losing the presidency of the united states, with fringe benefits such as your very own boeing 747 and sikorsky helicopter at your disposal. not that a crack cocaine dealer would be offered these things to begin with, however."

crack cocaine dealer; "absolutely not, your honor!"

judge; "you are free to go. and also, if you wish, you can sue us now for 10 million dollars for inconveniencing you in the first place."

crack cocaine dealer; "thank you, your honor."

Posted by: DriveByPoster | December 23, 2008 5:36 PM | Report abuse

So Obama investigates Obama and finds "no issues".......................

I just have one question??????????

WHERE IN THE HELL IS OUR CORRUPT LIBERAL MSM WOLFPACK PRESS??

If this was Bush and Cheney these corrupt NAZI-like news organizations would be all over this, ALL OVER THIS!!!

So where in the HELL is the:

ASSociated Press

NYTimes

Washington POST

USA Today

NBC

CBS

ABC

MSNBC

CNN\

................where's all the "rumors" that come out when it's BUSH AND CHENEY ???? where?

The same corrupt liberal press that REFUSED to investigate John$400 Edwards REFUSES to investigate Obama and his team.....................

................................CRIMMINAL PRESS CORPS...............

Where am I wrong?

Posted by: allenridge | December 23, 2008 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Now let the anger, envy and resentment begin!

Posted by: TheDiplomat | December 23, 2008 5:26 PM | Report abuse

Obama hasn't even been sworn in and his words are contradicted already(lies).

Now we get some truth!!

Posted by: jjcrocket | December 23, 2008 5:25 PM | Report abuse

It's not just Obama's team released a report that clears them. They were interviewed by the prosecutor. Let's see, did Cheney and the gang submit to independent interviews from similar authorities in the Vallery Plame case? Enough said. This is a new day. Things are going to be more transparent.

Posted by: tinyjab40 | December 23, 2008 5:19 PM | Report abuse

NEWSFLASH - In a surprising announcement today, it was announced by President-elect Barack Obama that he investigated himself in the Blagojavich scandal, and he found that he didn't do anything wrong. Imagine that.

Film at 11

Posted by: DriveByPoster | December 23, 2008 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Of course, "no comment" from the once venerable Watergate-era WaPo. LOL!!!

Posted by: JakeD | December 23, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse