The Bushes Buy a Dallas House

By Dan Eggen
President Bush and the first lady have purchased a house in the Preston Hollow neighborhood of Dallas, which is where they will live after leaving the White House on Jan. 20, officials said today.

The White House declined to release any details of the purchase, including an address or sales price, citing the fact that the couple have not moved in yet.

Despite the attempt to keep the home an undisclosed location, the likely address has already been reported by the Dallas media. A real-estate blog run by D Magazine reported on Wednesday that Robert A. McCleskey, the Bushes' longtime friend and accountant from Midland, Tex., bought an 8,501-square-foot house at 10141 Daria Place in Preston Hollow on Oct. 1 as a trustee. The property is valued at nearly $2.1 million in county records, and includes servants' quarters, a cabana, a detached garage and a storage building. (Alas, no pool.) The one-story house was built in 1959 and has been extensively refurbished, according to records.

Then last week, a smaller house next door at 10151 Daria Place went under contract to an unknown buyer, with a scheduled closing date of Dec. 10, the magazine reported. The second house was listed at $1.6 million, and could be intended for use as accommodations for Secret Service agents. The magazine describes Daria Place as "a leafy cul-de-sac" near an elementary school.

Officially, there is no word which address it will be. "The President and Mrs. Bush do not have occupancy of the home, and therefore, no additional details will be provided," Sally McDonough, a spokeswoman for the first lady, said in a brief statement.

Laura Bush has long said that she and her husband intended to settle down in Dallas after departing Washington. The president joked earlier this year that the move was a concession of sorts to his wife, who apparently did not wish to live full-time at the family's Prairie Chapel Ranch in Crawford, Tex. McDonough, however, said the couple will continue to spend time at the ranch as well as the Dallas house.

Speaking to reporters on Wednesday while unveiling this year's Christmas decorations, Laura Bush said that she and the president were counting pennies in order to afford their new digs. "We will be moving to Dallas in January, and there might be a new house coming along," Mrs. Bush said. "So I think that's where we'll spend our Christmas money."

The Bushes previously lived in Dallas from 1988 to 1995, when they moved to the Texas governor's mansion in Austin. Southern Methodist University in Dallas will be the home of the George W. Bush Presidential Center, which is now under construction and will include a presidential museum, library and institute.

By Web Politics Editor  |  December 4, 2008; 1:53 PM ET
Categories:  43
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Dee Dee Meyers Offers Gibbs Some Advice
Next: One More Question...

Comments

How interesting, the property is next door to billionaire investor Tom Hicks, who, purchased the Texas Rangers from a partnership in which Bush held a stake- netting Bush about 15 million. The adjacent house was recently purchased by an unknown party for 1.6 million "Secret Service?"

Can we blame Bush for the state of the economy-Is it his fault? The man has an IQ of 91 "Lowest ever" of all Presidents. However, we can hope "internationally" Bush is forced to stand trail for war crimes and also the torture of human beings. The Khymer Rouge used the same techniques Bush employed on his captives.

Posted by: flyboydc9 | December 9, 2008 6:25 PM | Report abuse

All of you who just have these negative comments for Pres. Bush wouldn't be here at all if did not do a good job at pulling us from depression after 9/11 & preventing another attack. DJIA rose to 14,000 just about over 53 weeks ago when this financial tsunami originated by Freddie & Fannie Mae happened.

I'd be surprised if Obama does not have anything to do with the financial meltdown we had in Oct. Just like ex-Prez Clinton said "it's the economy, stupid!"

Wouldn't Obummer learned from that so the American people be panicked and vote for him? Obummer wouldn't have won if it were not for the crisis.

And look how dumb Obummer voters are. If not dumb, immoral as may God strike upon them for voting for a man who'd allow abortions up to 9 mos.!

Posted by: redrosefortexas | December 5, 2008 11:22 PM | Report abuse

My wife thinks I'm suffering from depression 'cause this morning I went crazy when I heard that bast**d bush bought a 2+ million dollar house when he's caused so many to lose theirs by bankrupting this country and indirectly much of the world economy as well. Then I found this comment section and found fellowship. I am cured.

Posted by: craigbrewer | December 5, 2008 10:39 PM | Report abuse

Will there be eggs again, this time as he leaves the White House?

Posted by: lwps | December 5, 2008 10:10 PM | Report abuse

For those Republicans who are shocked at the anger they are seeing here about the “President”, I just want to say that I too, am shocked.

How dare all these ungrateful Americans not share in the good news about the new Bush home, purchased for $2.1 million! It’s just too damn bad that many of them have lost their homes and jobs, the economy is in the toilet, the financial surplus Bush started with is now an enormous deficit, millions have lost lives in Iraq, millions have no health care, and on top of that, we’ve had to bail out Wall Street to ensure the continued deterioration of the country and the middle-class.

What could that possibly have to do with George Bush?

What ingratitude for such fine public service!

— Carol L in Boston

Posted by: caroll1 | December 5, 2008 9:18 PM | Report abuse

Bush and Cheney will be tried at the International Court of Justice.

Posted by: info4 | December 5, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Allowing the dutiful son to shed the TV cowboy image and trappings thrust upon him during his "family" arranged political reign... he will now occupy a southern political power-center where a once powerful foe was summarily executed.
All the signs of a great syndicate are on public display, and yet not one brave prosecutor is to be found...

Posted by: TerrifiedAmerican | December 5, 2008 3:45 PM | Report abuse

No, Christian Klein, I'm only anonymous from YOU. I call my congressman and senators, give them my full name, and tell them exactly how much I detest George W. Bush. They know. I haven't tried to get on an airplane for years. They probably won't let me. I'm kind of like the late great Paul Newman: When he found out he was on Nixon's enemies list he said he considered it one of the greatest honors ever bestowed on him.
I wish that my hatred could somehow come to the personal attention of W. And Cheney, And Gingrich, and all of the other PATHETIC LOSERS.
And maybe some day it will. I hope so.

Posted by: TOMHERE | December 5, 2008 3:41 PM | Report abuse

The first book going into the new library will be "My Pet Goat." At least it is at Bush's reading level.

Posted by: Midknight | December 5, 2008 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Let's see what the Supreme Court decides today on B. Hussein Obama...

Posted by: Jeannie88

------------------------

LOL.

Time to get back in your bottle, Jeannie.

Reality is obviously too much for you to handle.

Posted by: wpost4112 | December 5, 2008 2:38 PM | Report abuse

jeannie88,

Are you on drugs?

Posted by: roxlaw | December 5, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

interesting it is that the "ranch" was purchased as part of the "cowboy" theme for "red" America. That is, a preppy Yale yup scum from Connecticut... bought a Texas twang and a Texas ranch and hoodwinked the wing nuts. Probably why McRunt ran on a similar theme, Country First and Maverick. Arizona, like Texas lives in the imagination of the repugs. Then again... Obama is not Chicagoland, but lives in a nebulous creation of community activist... poor and challenged only by the rich.

Posted by: angriestdogintheworld | December 5, 2008 2:20 PM | Report abuse

sounds like a nice place. why wait until January, move now. vacate the White House as soon as possible.

Posted by: YUTZ | December 5, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RamuR

----------------

Yeah, they ignore them, and invade a country without a single terrorist and create so much death and chaos that the terrorists now thrive in that country, making the world a much more dangerous place and bankrupting this country in the process.

Let's throw in letting US citizens drown and a major city fall apart.

Worst administration ever.

Posted by: wpost4112 | December 5, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Dubya deserves no respect. The man has lied, manipulated and abused the powers of the office the presidency. Even as he slouches to the door and he is signing executive orders and pardons as political favors. He can not go quick enough or quietly enough in my humble opinion. If I could I would see him indicted as a war criminal by the World Court and see that he stands trial. I would settle just for the indictment knowing that he could never leave the country without facing arrest.

Posted by: johnbirch | December 5, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Vitriol? Gee........how much vitriol would you spill here if someone you love was murdered by this man and his minion?
More than 4 thousand deaths of our military men and women, and a hundred thousand civilians because this ------- oil man wanted to play war president. Maybe watching him go to prison for the crimes he and Cheney have commited against the entire planet would end the vitriol? Let's try it! I know many folks who would feel much better about the man if he was where he belongs....in a cell, not a mansion in Texas.
And, before you dismiss my vitriol because I'm a Democrat who voted for Obama, know that I voted for Bush in 2000. It was the biggest mistake I ever made. I had been a Republican for decades. My Republican party is long dead....8 years long. RIP!
Mea culpa. Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa!
Rot, Bush! Just rot!

Posted by: Glassngroovy | December 5, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Are people in Texas ok with the tuition at Southern Methodist University?

Posted by: sasha2008 | December 5, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Southern Methodist University in Dallas will be the home of the George W. Bush Presidential Center,...

A CENTER?
WHAT kind of GOD gives this man a center after he led our country into this disaster?

Posted by: sasha2008 | December 5, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Did they get a sub-prime mortgage?

I think you assume our President George W. Bush and gracious First Lady Laura Bush are corrupt like YOUR CHRIS DODD, BARNEY FRANK, NANCY AND HARRY AND ALL THE CHICAGO THUGS!! You dems are soooooo jealous of President Bush. He has kept your and my a**es safe for 8 years. He will go down in history as one of the top ten BEST presidents this nation has EVER seen. Let's see what the Supreme Court decides today on B. Hussein Obama...

Posted by: Jeannie88 | December 5, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Did they get a sub-prime mortgage?

Posted by: kratt52 | December 5, 2008 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Probably don't need their TV sound stage in Crawford anymore. Maybe they can pass it on to jeb when he needs to boost is cowboy/good ol'boy credit when it is his turn to ruin our country.

Posted by: b0zars | December 5, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Dear Universe,

I know I haven't been the best pantheist, but if you could somehow arrange for the Bush family to finance their new home with an ARM of some kind, suffer an economic setback due to a combination of investment fraud, unemployment (hah!) and a medical emergency, default on their loan once the higher payments kick in, and wind up homeless and supported by the largess of the Obama administration and the Democratic congress, I'd really appreciate it.

love,
Irae

Posted by: irae | December 5, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

You can make fun of them all you want but President Bush and Vice-President Cheney sure knew how to deal with the evil terrorists. No Pakistani terrorist attacks -- like in London or Mumbai -- because the Pakistos and other Islamics knew it would be the end of them if they tried. We should be grateful to President Bush for this.

Posted by: RamuR | December 5, 2008 8:27 AM | Report abuse

You can make fun of them all you want, but President Bush and Vice-President Cheney sure knew how to fight the evil terrorists. No Pakistani attacks -- like in London or Mumbai -- because the Pakistos and other Islamics knew they would get bombed, waterboarded, and Gitmo-ed. We should be grateful to President Bush for our safety.

Posted by: RamuR | December 5, 2008 8:25 AM | Report abuse

So, this next election in 2010 I can only
hope the Obamamania is over and finally will realize the only reason that the only
place both War Criminal & Liar in Chief
George W Bush and his Vice War Criminal and
Co-Mad man Draft Dodger Cheney are not both
sitting in a Federal Pen Cell is that your
wonderful braindead Liberal Democrat Leader
Mad as a Mad Hatter Madame Speaker Nutso
Nancy Pelosi and her Stooge Hopeless Harry
Reid and Slimey Steny Hoyer "Took Impeachment Off The Table," and with it all
hope of bringing Bush and Cheney to Justice
and of holding Bush & Cheney Accountable &
Responisble for their disasterous actions.
And it should be made very clear to the
American people that this same Nancy Pelosi
Harry Reid and Steny Sleazy Hoyer will never hold their Presidential Imposter Lying Corrupt Barack Hussein Obama and VP
Big Mouth Joe Biden Accountable and fully
Responsible for all their actions as well.
And that in case it has not dawned on all
of you Obamafreak Cult Worshoppers is the
Biggest Danger of Giving One Political
Party Full Control of The White House and
both Houses of Congress like it is now.

Posted by: Jan1977 | December 5, 2008 7:05 AM | Report abuse

As the Bush family settles down to watch the Dallas Cowboy's on their big screen TV..I and other hope the thoughts of those Bush sent to Iraq..some 4200 dead and counting..a war that did not have to be...reflects from time to time while someone says..pass the popcorn.

A pathetic and hollow man..Bush is a disgrace to himself and the American public.

Iraq/2005 & Afghanistan/2003

Posted by: LTC-11A | December 5, 2008 6:25 AM | Report abuse

Ding dong already!

Bush begone!

Posted by: wpost4112 | December 5, 2008 12:18 AM | Report abuse

thesoud wrote: "Hey- some of us did not vote for Obama (57 million to be exact) but we don't spatter every sentence we write about him with words like "hate" and "loathe" and "chimp" Whew! Are you all that poorly adjusted? You people need to get a life or at least go to some anger management classes. Okay, you won the election and your anointed One is in office. Can you just let up?"

-- It's pretty amazing that you consider people's disapproval of Bush as an election thing or Republican vs Democrat. I believe you think too callously of the hundreds of thousand lives lost (none of them can now 'get a life'!) and millions of displaced lives in the Iraq war, the butchering of the Constitution, the trampling of human rights, on and on.

Bush is hated and despised not because the Democrats were sore losers. He is hated and despised because of what he has done to humanity - if you still are not convinced, just ask the rest of the world.

Posted by: KT11 | December 4, 2008 10:31 PM | Report abuse

I am in disbelief vis-a-vis the immature, hateful and idiotic comments concerning the President and Laura Bush's purchase of a home in Dallas. Granted our current President made some horrendous blunders-Iraq for one, but does it merit such vitriol? I normally do not comment but I read from time to time the views expressed by "readers" and wonder what goes through their minds as to their rationality. Calm down and think through what is said, please.

Posted by: hlitra | December

==================================

It's clear you haven't got a clue. You call the murder of a million innocent people a blunder? The torture of countless amounts of innocent people a blunder? What about lying us into the war in the first place? Or Bush's Plans to merge the United States with Mexico and Canada and create a North American Union without the OK of Congress and the American people? That’s treason right there. I suggest you do some research on You Tube. All kinds of officials have come forward to expose our corrupt Government.

Posted by: HemiHead66 | December 4, 2008 9:56 PM | Report abuse

Anywhere but 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue or on Longwood Drive.

Posted by: whocares666 | December 4, 2008 9:55 PM | Report abuse

Bush better enjoy his new House while he can because when he gets to Hell he'll have some big changes to make. I'm sure the Devil will be very accommodating.

Posted by: HemiHead66 | December 4, 2008 8:53 PM | Report abuse

"Saving pennies" to afford a 2 million dollar house after W's 400K/year salary for 8 years with all their expenses paid for?

Give me a break. I can't even afford a house.

Posted by: cmecyclist | December 4, 2008 8:34 PM | Report abuse

"I'm betting that they will lead pretty separate lives after the WH -- in their own separate digs."

Yeah, georgie with his Cuervo Gold and cocaine and laura with Condi.

Posted by: rcubedkc | December 4, 2008 8:24 PM | Report abuse

I wish I could believe in fairy tales like "hell" so it would warm my heart to know he'd burn there eternally eventually. But alas, I don't believe in fairy tales. They should make him live in one of the gutted houses in New Orleans in a neighborhood he didn't help repair. Or maybe move him into a project in Houston filled with Katrina refugees that thought they'd be able to go home some day.

Posted by: VAChristopher | December 4, 2008 8:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hlitra | December 4, 2008 8:10 PM | Report abuse

Judging from some the post, I think there are still some hard-core Bushies who grossly underestimate the extent to which Bush is being hated and despised (believe me, it's not just a 'liberal left' thing). Its true that he was voted in, incredibly and twice, but once he's in as the president, whatever he does becomes his responsibility, not the voters' (he didn't have to run for president). So I don't agree that the voters share the same kind of responsibility for all his failure.

The more troubling thing is that I suspect we've probably only scratched the surface of all the harm that can be attributed to his 8-years of rule against the will of the people. For example, people have seldom talked about the long-term impact of the Supreme Court where all the Bush appointees are still young and going to be there forever!

Posted by: KT11 | December 4, 2008 7:54 PM | Report abuse

Bush's house should be in Hell!

Posted by: GeorgHerbet | December 4, 2008 7:49 PM | Report abuse

I am appalled at the spewing of venom at the President of the United States. The man just bought some property. Big deal. Can you people just get over yourselves? Hey- some of us did not vote for Obama (57 million to be exact) but we don't spatter every sentence we write about him with words like "hate" and "loathe" and "chimp" Whew! Are you all that poorly adjusted? You people need to get a life or at least go to some anger management classes. Okay, you won the election and your anointed One is in office. Can you just let up? How about if we 57 million treated your guy that way? Of course, it would be unacceptable and probably called racist....

Tired of all of you....

Posted by: thesouds | December 4, 2008 7:32 PM | Report abuse

I bet it's a cash deal since no bank with any sense would take the PR ding to get in bed with the thief in chief. I wonder how someone who only made $400 large a year for eight years could afford cash for such a palace. Must be some Halliburton and Blackwater stock got snuck in the mix somehow.

Posted by: fox_qajgev | December 4, 2008 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Doesn't look like George & Laura had any trouble getting financing, does it?
Hmmmmm.
I'm just disgusted they've chosen Texas, but relieved he's all the way across the state in Dallas.
Note they don't live close to Mom & Dad.
If he starts drinking again, it won't be evident to Babs, so as not to exacerbate her ulcer.
Sure does have a lot of shrubery and trees for screens from curious eyes.
Hmmmmmm.

Posted by: Judy-in-TX | December 4, 2008 7:14 PM | Report abuse

PERFECT!!! A McMasnsion for the McPresident. Where else could he live? Where in the world world would his neighbors not drag him out of his house and tar and feather the jerk. Dallas is the only safe place for Dubya. Devoid of culture, devoid of beauty, devoid of intelligence, Dallas is perfect for Dubya.

Posted by: kurthunt | December 4, 2008 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Good thing we'll know where Bush Jr. will be- so that when we convict him of treason and war crimes, the local FBI can swoop in & pick him up! Hopefully the home has a big wet bar, to accomodate his binge drinking..
confidential to Clinton3rdreich: you are absolutely clueless, have issues & need therapy..good luck with that, God Bless

Posted by: rsampson02 | December 4, 2008 6:27 PM | Report abuse

do you chumps in the white house press corps feel like fools for yammering on about the texas coward's great love for his 'ranch' -- that was really a redecorated pig farm used solely to promote the image of a rootin' tootin' texas cowpoke. and karen hughes' idea was remarkably successful among those keen-eyed reporters. which is an amazing accomplishment when you realize the texas coward is askeered of horsies.

Posted by: mycomment | December 4, 2008 6:16 PM | Report abuse

kase--

No, I don't think so. It's no secret that W prefers clearing brush for his mountain biking trail over any other activity. Laura probably insisted, so that she wouldn't be stuck in that godawful ranch in the middle of nowhere.

Posted by: kjohnson3 | December 4, 2008 6:14 PM | Report abuse

What happened?
I suppose that the Crawford "ranch" is no longer useful as a prop for the Clown Prince...so now a WASPY house in the armpit of America.
Dallas and Bush...they deserve each other.

Posted by: kase | December 4, 2008 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Yes, chimpie buys a house in Dallas...

It's on the 'wrong' side of the tollway for starters. (should be on the east, or rich, side)

It's NOT in Highland Park - where his 'libary' will be.

He's got the smallest house in that little area - two of them actually.

On the plus side, you only have to go about a mile or two west, north or south to find a nice, mexican, barrio. And just a couple miles west to the famous dallas strip joints.

In Dallas, everything south of loop 635 that's not in University/Highland Park is essentially a ghetto - except for these few millionaire-enclaves.

Chimpie will love dallas and its 90% minorities. The 14 single member districts all rely on the high property taxes along the 3 districts encompassing the northbound tollway corridor for 90% of their annual city budget.

I can only predict that Mark Cuban will promptly dump his 44,000 square foot 'fixer upper' nearby onto the market and move north like everyone else already has.

Posted by: Heerman532 | December 4, 2008 5:58 PM | Report abuse

I google earthed it. It looks far too densley populated for someone as reviled as Bush. If I were him, I would live in a remote location, with large open surrounding fields and a high, barbed-wire fence. It does not look secure. It does not look safe. Maybe he really is in denial about just how hated he is. Barbara's wishes aside, I think he'd be better off at Crawford... or the gazillion acres he purchased last year in Paraguay.

-He won't last more than a week in that location; if he knows what's good for him he'll take off to his bean ranch in Paraguay on Jan 21st.

Besides have any of you been to Walker's Point? H W Bush wasn't such an imbecile to enrage the majority of Americans and that property is locked down and isolated. W must be hitting the sauce again if he thinks he needs any less security.

Posted by: theobserver4 | December 4, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe that there are still people defending Bush....

"God bless President Bush and his wife. He made the tough decisions that made this country safer. I hope his successor does as well."

Are you nuts?!?!??!? Is there any evidence that we're safer? bin Laden is still out there plotting. Our criminal invasion of Iraq and our use of torture has surely spawned thousands of new would-be terrorists.

One things about blogs is that they have given me real insight as to how many truly stupid people there are out there, and just how stupid they are. It's fascinating. It's frightening!!

Posted by: kurthunt | December 4, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

8500 sq ft of air conditioned splendor. Way to go George. No need to pretend you're an ignorant, uneducated, sh^t-kickin' born again regular Joe. You and the rest of the Bush Crime Family sure pulled one over on America. Fleeced 'em good and left 'em hangin' dry. Ya know, there's still 25% of the voters who still think you did a great job, too! How dumb can they get?

Posted by: thebobbob | December 4, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

I wish him and Laura well and I look forward to 1/20/09 when he will begin to enjoy his new digs.

Posted by: CynthiaD1 | December 4, 2008 5:53 PM | Report abuse

"Where is Cheney going, what are his plans, post 1.20?"

I imagine he will be returning to his domain in Hell.

Posted by: cjenns | December 4, 2008 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Where is Cheney going, what are his plans, post 1.20?

Posted by: thegreatpotatospamof2003 | December 4, 2008 5:46 PM | Report abuse

I would move out there then. Who would want to live right near a mess murderer.

Posted by: lhao333 | December 4, 2008 5:43 PM | Report abuse

I spit coffee all over my keyboard reading the comment how Bush made us safer. I remember him sitting clueless in a Florida classroom reading "The Pet Goat" during the 9/11 attacks that happened on his watch.
And I remember him shrugging off the warning in his presidential daily briefing that said "Bin Laden determined to strike in U.S." And he ignored Richard Clarke's warnings.
And I think of his continued assertions that America's economy was sound as a dollar. And that no one ever anticipated the breach of the New Orleans levees.
Wake up and smell the coffee, shoveit. And the burnt toast of your 401(k) and bodies of thousands and thousands of dead in a war in Iraq that Bush lied us into. Bad intelligence, he claims. Yes, and it was his.

Posted by: bdunn1 | December 4, 2008 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: shoveit | December 4, 2008 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kurthunt | December 4, 2008 5:24 PM | Report abuse

May their walls fall down around them and bury them in the rubble of the evil they embrace.

Subhumans, both of them.

Posted by: captainkona | December 4, 2008 5:13 PM | Report abuse

The Crawford Ranch was a political prop so it is no longer need.

The objective evidence is that Bush was a failure. Being angry at someone who has made your life worse is rational if not healthy. But those who do not at least show some understanding of that anger are living in denial or simply are misanthropes.

This problem has been caused by either conservatives or liberals but rather good old human greed. The American people reelected the most incompetent executive in the presidency in over a century. If we all accept responsibility for our own participation in this greed,whether it is because you voted for Bush, bought an SUV or moved into a home because you used a variable real estate loan rather than a fixed loan, purchasing a house they could not afford. Others have the problem of being too heavily invested in risky assets and trusted the financial services industry that is the most grievous proponents of that greed. I am not blaming anyone for this greed all of us participated in it.

If we do not work together at this point and stop blaming Bush for his incompetence and stop supporting him to promote an ideology that will not work again until we reorder this economy so that there will not be an opportunity for excessive greed by anyone to subvert our economy.

Posted by: Gator-ron | December 4, 2008 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: WiltonManorsSteve | December 4, 2008 4:51 PM | Report abuse

I am delighted that the Bush's have a lovely home anywhere but the White House!

Posted by: CRC2 | December 4, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Clinton3rdreich | December 4, 2008 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Yup. You're right. It's all seething, festering hatred and pathological lies.

There weren't any WMD. Oh wait...that one's true.

He didn't stop or catch Bin Laden. Oh wait, that's true too.

Over 4,000 dead Americans in Iraq. Whoops. That's true.

Katrina. Uh...sorry, but you gotta admit that one.

Alberto Gonzales. Whooeee! That's an ugly truth.

Afghanistan a heroin-producing Taliban center. Oh boy. Gotta give the liberals that one.

The deficit. Sheeit, that's true all right.

Hmm. I'm looking all over for the patholoigical lies and damn, all I find are some pathological truths.

Oh well. Let's hear it for seething, festering hatred!

Posted by: Attucks | December 4, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Thatsnuts - My question to you is how is it possible to not hate what good old GW has done to this country in the past 8 years?

Posted by: SpotlessCrab | December 4, 2008 4:03 PM | Report abuse

This is to Clinton3rdreich who wrote:

Obviously, you're blind as a bat and wouldn't know a lie from the truth no matter who told it to you. Republicans have a hard and long reputation for being crooks and liars. But you probably don't know that because you never really listen to anybody but your tabacco chewing buddies.

...

Laura Bush pinching pennies is the biggest joke since WMD. The Bushes obviously aren't selling anything, but they are buying up large bits of Texas. They already own Midland and Crawford Texas, nothing left there for them to buy, so they're moving on to Dallas.

Posted by: lindalovejones | December 4, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Looks like the Bushes will be back-yard neighbors with Tom Hicks, who owns a 30,000 square foot home -- give or take.

Posted by: patty2 | December 4, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Hate mongers? A thinking person has to HATE the effect he has had on our country.

Posted by: myhonestopinion | December 4, 2008 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Poor Laura is pinching pennies to buy the two million$ big houses? Relax, your fine husband still owns all those oil company shares, the same companies which have been making record-breaking profits every year he's been in office. And a lot of the cost is going to be borne by us, the poor, don't forget angry, taxpayers, to keep your imbecile husband safe.

Posted by: KT11 | December 4, 2008 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Democrats have for years, thru their pet education union controlled public school education in this country. Even making allowances the size of the global bailout, when reading these posts it's clear that's a union that's gotta go.
PLEASE, if you're going to insult someone do try harder to spell your words correctly -- it's HEMORRHOID, AND YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT YOU ARE.

Posted by: bgreen2224 | December 4, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

DALLAS???
And I was soooo hopeful it'd be the Bay area...who knew?
(Yes, moron -- San Francisco Bay Area.)

Posted by: bgreen2224 | December 4, 2008 3:26 PM | Report abuse

"Wow, have to laugh at the hate-mongers still going at President Bush - I mean, it's proof positive that the liberal left has become completely psychologically unhinged - blinded by their seething, festering hatred and pathological lies. The only upside is that they voted for a radical rookie and the Clintons 3rd Act - what comes around, goes around - bad karma on YOU radical liberal morons :)

Posted by: Clinton3rdreich"

Couldn't agree more. Why what this country needs is 4 to 8 more years of Georgie's keen intellect and problem solving abilities. How will we start wars without Cheney to fudge the intell and lie to America....I will truly miss ole Georgie........like a hemmarhoid

Posted by: Thatsnuts | December 4, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

This is to Clinton3rdreich who wrote, "Wow, have to laugh at the hate-mongers still going at President Bush - I mean, it's proof positive that the liberal left has become completely psychologically unhinged - blinded by their seething, festering hatred and pathological lies. The only upside is that they voted for a radical rookie and the Clintons 3rd Act - what comes around, goes around - bad karma on YOU radical liberal morons."

I don't think that the "liberal left" is alone in the seething hatred for Bush. Lies?? Would that be the useless war in Iraq? Or his inept handling of (after causing) the financial crisis that has circled the globe. You must have missed Harold Meyerson's column yesterday on this website. You won't bother to check it out, so here's a bit of it:

"...Bush's place is already fixed. Even before the financial collapse, he was in the ninth circle of presidential hell, with Buchanan and Hoover. At his own party's national convention this summer, his was the name that no one dared speak. And so, though his mishandling of the economy is criminally inept, he is being spared one more outbreak of public rage by two countervailing public sentiments: Americans' relief that he soon will be gone and their kind reluctance to kick a corpse."

Posted by: sadielady1 | December 4, 2008 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Some people are absolutely crazy. Bush is right to buy a nice big house for the secret service. He needs to keep safe from weirdoes who are blind with hatred and post it online. It's ok, I understand that the internet is anonymous, so people can act like big tough guys, when in reality they are probably cowards.

Posted by: christianklein | December 4, 2008 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Do you truly not see the irony within your comment, Clinton3rdreich? Or even the irony of someone with the name "Clinton3rdreich" making that comment?

Posted by: ManUnitdFan | December 4, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

There goes the neighborhood! One more reason I'll never go home again.

Posted by: matlockb | December 4, 2008 2:55 PM | Report abuse

DriveBy, ""roll up the sleeves" sh*t kicking cowboy"

It's actually sh*t eating.

On another note. bush's fake animal free Prairie Chapel Ranch served it's purpose. It got the worthless drunk elected by attracting the religious right, the christofascists, and the mud dumb rednecks to vote for him.

Now the ranch and the rednecks can be thrown into the street as they're no longer useful.

Good goin Goober.

Posted by: rcubedkc | December 4, 2008 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Just 45 days to go and then all you Bush bashers will have to get a life. I guess you can get some mileage after Bush by blaming him for all the world's ills, but there will be a limit, and then you will have to find another bogeyman. Try to have a nice Holiday Season.

Posted by: saelij | December 4, 2008 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Be nice, now, Dallas. The Bushes were good enough before you elected him Governor, why not now?

Not sure I understand the foreclosure comment. They're buying two houses for several million dollars--how is that not good for the real estate market, etc.?

I'm just glad they're moving out of the White House.

Posted by: mikeinmidland | December 4, 2008 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Clinton3rdreich | December 4, 2008 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Thank god. I was afraid bush was going to come to Houston. Dallas can have him. Another reason to loath the Dallas "Maveracks"

Posted by: gdeboisblanc | December 4, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Buying that house might provide a bigger boost to the economy than anything he's done in office thus far.

Posted by: ManUnitdFan | December 4, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Mortgage foreclosure corpses all over the place and he buys a big old house. What's wrong with this picture?

Posted by: notnowplease | December 4, 2008 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Do we really need the library? After all he only has the one book!

Posted by: edweirdness | December 4, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

As if we don't already have enough problems in Dallas? What did we do to deserve this?

Posted by: edweirdness | December 4, 2008 2:30 PM | Report abuse

i guess george w bush doesn't have to keep up that karl rove and karen hughes created image of him being a tough "roll up the sleeves" sh*t kicking cowboy out doing "chores" and "clearning brush" from his 1,000 acre "spread" anymore...

now he can go back to the image of the citified greasy haired slicked down con man from who lives behind the 12 foot walls.

it looks like the piece of dog excrement sniveling little coward is going home to roost.

THANK GOD.

Posted by: DriveByPoster | December 4, 2008 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Yippee! Another reason to hate the Cowboys.

Posted by: adrienne_najjar | December 4, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse