More Bumps on the Cabinet Road
By Ben Pershing
Last week, we wondered whether Barack Obama might have been a bit careless in making his Cabinet selections. And that was before yesterday, when Tim Geithner and Hillary Clinton both faced tough questions about past or potential future mistakes. So for all the big names and lengthy resumes that will populate his Cabinet and senior staff, did Obama make the right choices? Is his team unusually problematic, or are these issues just the typical byproduct that would result from putting any large group of Washington veterans through the wringer? Consider:
• Geithner has tax and nanny problems
• Clinton has potential "Bill problems" (anyone surprised?)
• Eric Holder has pardon problems
• Ray LaHood may have earmark problems (though likely not serious ones)
• Carol Browner has "Socialist" problems (what decade is this?)
Posted at 8:35 AM ET on Jan 14, 2009
Share This: Technorati | Tag in Del.icio.us | Digg This
Previous: Obama, Biden to Pay Call on Supreme Court | Next: Rand Beers Tapped as Counselor to Napolitano
Please email us to report offensive comments.
Posted by: scrivener50 | January 14, 2009 10:54 AM
Posted by: JakeD | January 14, 2009 10:32 AM
The comments to this entry are closed.