POTUS Events

By Sarah Lovenheim
Updated, 1:30 p.m.
President Obama delivers remarks and signs the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, a wage discrimination bill, in the East Room of the White House at 10 a.m. He then heads to a reception where his wife, Michelle, and Lilly Ledbetter, for whom the bill is named, address the significance of the legislation.

Obama attends his daily presidential briefing in the Oval Office at 11 a.m., followed by his daily economic meeting at 11:30 a.m.

Robert Gibbs delivers the White House press briefing at 2:15 p.m.

At 3:00 p.m., the president meets with Vice President Biden and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, and, at 3:45 p.m., he meets with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

By Washington Post editors  |  January 29, 2009; 8:55 AM ET
Categories:  The Daybook
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Obama, Hill Democrats Diverge on Stimulus
Next: Obama Signs Lilly Ledbetter Act

Comments

I believe that Obama is the legal president because 1 they did the swearing in twice 2 doesn't the president's term begin immediately at 12 noon when the previous president's term finishes?

Posted by: seamus_lee | January 30, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

I'm upset that we don't have a legal President (I'd thought that I've made that fairly clear by now). If anyone else, who actually returns the same common courtesy of answering simple questions, wants to discuss that, please let me know.

Posted by: JakeD | January 29, 2009 2:56 PM | Report abuse

"On another note, did the WaPo breathlessly announce GWB's schedule every morning?

Posted by: JakeD | January 29, 2009 9:21 AM"
-------
I personally like to know what my President is doing, unlike the Bush admin. that operated in secrecy.

So JakeD, are you upset that we finally have a PRESIDENT that is well liked by our citizens and the majority of the rest of the world?

Posted by: JRM2 | January 29, 2009 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Obama is not legally POTUS.

Posted by: JakeD | January 29, 2009 9:21 AM | Report abuse