The Trail: A Daily Diary of Campaign 2008

Archives

Primary Source

Obama Thanks First Responders, Prays for Families of Buffalo Crash Victims

Continental Airlines Flight 3407 burns after it crashed into a house in Clarence Center, N.Y. (David Duprey/Associated Press)

President Obama this morning issued a statement of sorrow, sending his prayers to the families and friends of the victims of the crash of Continental Connection Flight 3407 from Newark, N.J., which killed 49 when it slammed into a suburban Buffalo, N.Y., house early this morning:

Michelle and I are deeply saddened to hear of the tragic accident outside of Buffalo last night. Our hearts go out to the families and friends who lost loved ones. I want to thank the brave first responders who arrived immediately to try and save lives and who are continuing to ensure the safety of everyone in the area. We pray for all those who have been touched by this terrible tragedy to find peace and comfort in the hard days ahead.

Posted at 9:06 AM ET on Feb 13, 2009  | Category:  Primary Source
Share This: Technorati talk bubble Technorati | Tag in Del.icio.us | Digg This
Previous: Obama's No Good, Very Bad Day | Next: Obamas Plan to Fete Stevie Wonder

Add 44 to Your Site
Get This Widget >>

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

Good point, pattimorey.

Posted by: JakeD | February 17, 2009 12:13 PM

I believe it is ultra significant that four passengers in the Buffalo plane crash worked for Northrup Grumman. BTW - their names & occupations were the only ones not released to the media. I think whenever there's a plane crash, especially one involving the "autopilot," we should carefully review who was on board. Please research Northrup Grumman for further insight. I just think a lot of the reason for these plane crashes can be discerned by looking closely at the passenger lists.

Posted by: pattimorey | February 17, 2009 3:11 AM

JakeD is the worst sort of right wing freak case. He belongs to the party George Wallace founded. Take him for what he is: a boil on the American rump.

Posted by: nodebris | February 17, 2009 1:03 AM

Don't cry for me, kashabear. The truth is I never left you. All through my wild days, my mad existence. I kept my promise, don't keep your distance.

Posted by: JakeD | February 15, 2009 5:18 PM

JakeD - you seem like a hateful, spiteful and mean person. Nothing good ever comes out of our mouth when you post on WAPO. I feel very sad for you.

Posted by: kashabear | February 13, 2009 7:57 PM

I doubt that Obama really prayed.

Posted by: JakeD | February 13, 2009 1:03 PM

THIS CRASH IS TRULY A TERRIBLE TRAGEDY. I am *so* sorry for the loss of so many people. -- That said, although praying for others is a sweet and thoughtful gesture, there are FAR too many prayers being publicly disseminated by the federal government -- from the ridiculous and theatrical Rick Warren on Inauguration Day to the President himself today. Praying should be a private matter that is not reported by the Washington Post, the AP, or CNN.

Posted by: USNAAlum | February 13, 2009 10:19 AM