The Trail: A Daily Diary of Campaign 2008

Archives

Foggy Bottom

An Unusual Press Briefing

By Al Kamen
We were excited about this e-mail yesterday from the White House press office.

Subject: ADVISORY: NATO Summit Briefing Call Today
Today at 1:30PM BST, we will hold an on-the-record briefing call with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and National Security Advisor Jim Jones to discuss the NATO summit. The call will be embargoed until 5AM BST//12AM EST Friday.
WHEN: Thursday, April 2nd at 1:30PM BST
DIAL-IN:
United States: (800) 398-9388
International: (612) 332-0720
Audio from the conference call will be piped into the press file at the Thistle Marble Arch. Please note that questions will only be taken from media members who dial into the call.

But when we called the 800 number, a very alluring woman's voice intoned (click through for audio): "Do you have any hidden desires? Well, if you feel like getting nasty then you came to the right place."

Sure didn't sound like Clinton. And it definitely wasn't Jones. The White House said it later corrected the number, which had been mistyped.

"A transcript will be distributed when ready following the call," the advisory promised.

Can't wait.

Posted at 3:21 PM ET on Apr 2, 2009  | Category:  Foggy Bottom
Share This: Technorati talk bubble Technorati | Tag in Del.icio.us | Digg This
Previous: A View of the G-20 from Across the Pond | Next: Transportation and Education Depts. Get Key Nominees

Add 44 to Your Site
Get This Widget >>

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

You just never know where that pesky Monica will show up.

Posted by: skip1937 | April 4, 2009 4:48 PM

great story! haha

heres a great blog that covers all things about hillary clinton:

worth the daily read

Posted by: datura0001 | April 3, 2009 12:18 AM

Is this what Gen. Dwight David Eisenhower feared when he said in 1949, "If NATO exists in ten years it will have been a failure?"

Posted by: RoyBercaw | April 2, 2009 9:57 PM

well, has the number actually been corrected and did everything turn out okay?

Posted by: TheBabeNemo | April 2, 2009 6:12 PM

BUSH-CHENEY 'TORTURE MATRIX' HIT HILLARY '08 RALLY?

Posted by: scrivener50 | April 2, 2009 5:34 PM

Hi, My name is Cherish.
I love long walks on the beach, caviar, adn bungi jumping.
I'm a Capricorn and my favorite color is purple.
I work out because I want Michelle's biceps.
I cook and know how to drive a car too.
I am not blonde.
Call me !!!! Here's my 1-800 number!!!

Posted by: TheBabeNemo | April 2, 2009 5:21 PM

I'm just glad that we elected Obama and his staff for their unparalleled diplomatic skills. They have certainly delivered! I haven't seen such effective diplomacy and media mastery since the Marx Brothers.

Posted by: zippyspeed | April 2, 2009 4:49 PM

Well, it has been said that power is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Posted by: JRM2 | April 2, 2009 4:36 PM

(TEARY EYED FROM LAUGHING TOO MUCH))

this is precious....

Keyboard 101 class begins in one hour.
I expect everyone at the New York Times, BTW, to attend.

Posted by: TheBabeNemo | April 2, 2009 3:48 PM