An Unusual Press Briefing

By Al Kamen
We were excited about this e-mail yesterday from the White House press office.

Subject: ADVISORY: NATO Summit Briefing Call Today
Today at 1:30PM BST, we will hold an on-the-record briefing call with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and National Security Advisor Jim Jones to discuss the NATO summit. The call will be embargoed until 5AM BST//12AM EST Friday.
WHEN: Thursday, April 2nd at 1:30PM BST
DIAL-IN:
United States: (800) 398-9388
International: (612) 332-0720
Audio from the conference call will be piped into the press file at the Thistle Marble Arch. Please note that questions will only be taken from media members who dial into the call.

But when we called the 800 number, a very alluring woman's voice intoned (click through for audio): "Do you have any hidden desires? Well, if you feel like getting nasty then you came to the right place."

Sure didn't sound like Clinton. And it definitely wasn't Jones. The White House said it later corrected the number, which had been mistyped.

"A transcript will be distributed when ready following the call," the advisory promised.

Can't wait.

By Web Politics Editor  |  April 2, 2009; 3:21 PM ET
Categories:  Foggy Bottom
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A View of the G-20 from Across the Pond
Next: Transportation and Education Depts. Get Key Nominees

Comments

You just never know where that pesky Monica will show up.

Posted by: skip1937 | April 4, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

great story! haha

heres a great blog that covers all things about hillary clinton:

worth the daily read

Posted by: datura0001 | April 3, 2009 12:18 AM | Report abuse

Is this what Gen. Dwight David Eisenhower feared when he said in 1949, "If NATO exists in ten years it will have been a failure?"

Posted by: RoyBercaw | April 2, 2009 9:57 PM | Report abuse

well, has the number actually been corrected and did everything turn out okay?

Posted by: TheBabeNemo | April 2, 2009 6:12 PM | Report abuse

BUSH-CHENEY 'TORTURE MATRIX' HIT HILLARY '08 RALLY?

Posted by: scrivener50 | April 2, 2009 5:34 PM | Report abuse

Hi, My name is Cherish.
I love long walks on the beach, caviar, adn bungi jumping.
I'm a Capricorn and my favorite color is purple.
I work out because I want Michelle's biceps.
I cook and know how to drive a car too.
I am not blonde.
Call me !!!! Here's my 1-800 number!!!

Posted by: TheBabeNemo | April 2, 2009 5:21 PM | Report abuse

I'm just glad that we elected Obama and his staff for their unparalleled diplomatic skills. They have certainly delivered! I haven't seen such effective diplomacy and media mastery since the Marx Brothers.

Posted by: zippyspeed | April 2, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Well, it has been said that power is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Posted by: JRM2 | April 2, 2009 4:36 PM | Report abuse

(TEARY EYED FROM LAUGHING TOO MUCH))

this is precious....

Keyboard 101 class begins in one hour.
I expect everyone at the New York Times, BTW, to attend.

Posted by: TheBabeNemo | April 2, 2009 3:48 PM | Report abuse