Rove and Biden Exchange Taunts

By Scott Wilson

In an interview yesterday with Fox News, Rove called Biden "a serial exaggerator" and a "blowhard."

"If I was being unkind I would say he's a liar," he said. "You should not exaggerate and lie like this when you are the vice president of the United States."

The comments came in response to an interview Biden gave to CNN earlier this week.

"I remember President Bush saying to me one time in the Oval Office, and he was a great guy, enjoyed being with him. He said to me, he said, well, Joe, he said, I'm a leader," Biden recalled in the interview. "And I said, Mr. President, turn around and look behind you. No one's following."

Rove said in his Fox interview that the exchange never happened.

"It's his imagination. It's a made-up, fictional world," Rove said. "He ought to get out of it and get back to reality."

These two have gone at it before.

Last September, Rove told Maine's delegation to the Republican national convention that Biden was a "big, blowhard doofus."

Biden responded with sarcasm, saying Rove was "a great American."

By Web Politics Editor  |  April 10, 2009; 11:27 AM ET
Categories:  Joe Biden
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: POTUS Events: The Economic Brainstrust
Next: Obama Teases Press: Dog's Arrival Is 'Top Secret'

Comments

Posted by: JakeD | April 11, 2009 11:41 PM | Report abuse

ARE TEHSE JAKE-D'S HANDLERS?

***

GOV'T 'FUSION CENTER' SPYING: PRETEXT TO HARASS AND CENSOR?

Special bonus: the original commentary written for "The Fix" that has twice elicited the "held for blog owner" message (?) and has failed to post here.

OR (if link is corrupted / disabled):

Posted by: scrivener50 | April 11, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

JakeD-
Have you read or watched any accounts of the death of pro-life zealot, Michael Connell, and the implications it has for Bush/Cheney/Rove?

This event happened while the media were fixated on the Blago brouhaha, so it didn't get as much attention as it should have. Of course, Rove always made his most controversial moves at times when the media were preoccupied and the public's attention was elsewhere.

This tactic has bee largely drawn from the Reagan playbook, as when he invaded Grenada so he could get public eyes off his response to the suicide bombing in Lebanon which killed 250 Marines. His withdrawal from Lebanon was in direct obedience to the demands of the terrorists. At that time, suicide car bombings had been diminishing in numbers, but this one was so successful in influencing Reagan's actions, that it quickly reemerged as a major offensive weapon for terrorists.

Now, would you follow up on the death of Michael Connell? Maybe you can clear up the suspicion it creates with a different perspective than mine.

Posted by: rooster54 | April 11, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Anyone else?

Posted by: nodebris | April 11, 2009 1:58 AM | Report abuse

Anyone else?

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 11:22 PM | Report abuse

For the record, next canard?

Posted by: nodebris | April 10, 2009 10:50 PM | Report abuse

For the record, my party registration was brought up to prove I an not a Republican, not to prove I am honest. Of course, I've never lied about anything I've posted here either. If anyone else wants to discuss, please let me know.

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 10:20 PM | Report abuse

JakeD wrote: "Well, first of all, I am registered Independent"

Still that canard, JakeD? He is a member of the American Independent Party of California, a far-right party that ran Alan Keyes as their presidential candidate. Founded by George Wallace. Not what most people think of as Independent.

Funny he uses that intentionally deceptive statement to prove how honest he is. As a previous commenter noted, he isn't even aware of how self-delusional he is.

Posted by: nodebris | April 10, 2009 9:06 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I believe Rove with his golden reputation as an up front down to earth kind of guy.

Posted by: JRM2 | April 10, 2009 8:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 7:42 PM | Report abuse

I thought the taunt was spelled "KKKarl"?

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 6:21 PM | Report abuse

So KKarl Rove calls VP Joe Biden a "serial exaggerator" and this comes from what, a "recreational character assassinator" who must be smokin' the wacky weed and who should certainly return behind the Bush manipulator curtain of Ooze. When Dubya kept him hidden from public view, he seemed to be given some unearned aura of credibility, but now that he is exposed, we see a mere caricature oozing all the charm of a blowfish! Poor Karl, the music is over and he's still dancing....

Posted by: benighse | April 10, 2009 6:04 PM | Report abuse

See you around!

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Joe Biden always was is an idiot.
It is time for me to go.
Happy Easter JakeD! it's been a pleasure.
I'm going to get me a bottle of Scotch and drink it OABAMAself
Ciao!

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse

BREAKING!

Biden Brags: I Beat George W. Bush in Arm Wrestling!

Scott Ott for ScrappleFace

(2009-04-10) — Vice President Joe Biden, under fire from Karl Rove and other former Bush administration officials for bragging that he ridiculed George W. Bush face to face in the White House, today claimed he had also once defeated President Bush in arm wrestling.

“We were all alone in the Oval Office, as we often were,” said Mr. Biden, then a U.S. Senator. “I had just dissed old Georgie with another of my famous presidential put-downs, when he challenged me to arm wrestle…the truth from my lips to God’s ears, I swear. So we get down on our knees next to that little coffee table between the sofas. And I get the grip on him, you know, the old Biden clutch grip. It was over in seconds.”

The vice president said he had promised that he would never publicize the humiliating incident, “but now that Bush says he owes the Obama administration his silence, I feel at liberty to tell the story…you know, since he’s not going comment on it, and no one believes Karl Rove or Dick Cheney anyway.”

Mr. Biden added that President Bush had reacted angrily to his loss, and pushed the table over to clear the rug for a “winner-take-all Indian leg-wrestling bout,” but Sen. Biden politely declined.

“You gotta respect the office,” said Mr. Biden, “even if the man is a failed leader with absolutely no followers, and has a bicep like Ann Coulter’s wrist. It was pathetic.”

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 4:20 PM | Report abuse

If FOX News is a clown parade, the MSNBC must be a circus. lol

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 4:16 PM | Report abuse

You're welcome. Isn't it sad that some people cannot comprehend that Fox News can be a "clown parade" and, nonetheless, Biden lied?

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the invite jakeD :)

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Fox News is a clown parade.

Posted by: rooster54 | April 10, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

I think, privately, they know that Biden lied about ever saying "No one's following" to Bush, so their only "defense" is that Rove is a traitor, fat, bald, not Vice-President and (the coup de grâce) Cheney's "lies" were worse!!! Imagine that?

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

jmk55:

It was a good sandwich. You are welcome to come over anytime for lunch if you are ever in San Diego.

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

This is our politics at it's finest, and it is not about who lied, but about who got caught lying. And even getting caught does not mean much any more. Look at Chris Dodd.

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Biden spokesman Jay Carney declined to specify the dates of his boss's purported Oval Office scoldings of Bush. Nor would he provide witnesses or notes to corroborate the episodes.

"The vice president stands by his remarks," Carney told FOX News without elaboration.

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

To re-cap my position, Karl Rove is clearly someone who had access to any Biden meeting with Bush. If he says that Biden never said this to Bush, until disproven, I have to believe that Rove is telling the truth. I realize that the thread got way off topic about WMD, Condi Rice, and even Sarah Palin. If we could all simply concentrate on the issue of whether Biden lied or not, that would be helpful.

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Did I just hear Biden call Rove a great American????? I'll betcha Rove was hoping for a little antagonism. Now he'll have to poke somebody else to get his fuel. Rove is so yesterday. A great American~!!!! Joe!!! You funny vice president.

Posted by: GaiasChild | April 10, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Hey JakeD, sandwich sounds good. Inter....something left us...thank God

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Whew! I took a break from all the taunts to make a sandwich. If anyone who asked me questions is still here, please let me know.

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse

hanocul6 - I agree with you, but looking at all these posts, everyone is so preoccupied proving their own party's superiority, that nobody pays any attention nor cares about what is really going on. Credibility and integrity back in the government has not been a factor for at least 20 years.
This is the change we need, but I am afraid it will not happen during this administration

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 3:21 PM | Report abuse

That's just the problem, a little lie here a little exaggeration there...it builds one on top of the other until you have a melt down just what we are experiencing now. You have enough of these lies and people can't see the truth any more and begin to believe the lies then the foundation of the country becomes sand, nothing solid to build on, nothing for our future.

But don't forget to "teabag" them first! We must know the Truth! Who is lying? Rove or Biden? I will not rest until I know, for the future of America is at stake! Perhaps Uncle Cheney would like to wade into this controversy?

Posted by: marSF | April 10, 2009 2:57 PM

Posted by: hanocul6 | April 10, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

"AMEN!!! But...we'll need to fire just about the whole Congress"

-----------------------------------------------
How about if we start with Chris Dodd. He was caught lying into the camera.
As to the credibility of both gentlemen in question, tough call. I don't care much for Rove, but Biden's reputation for telling anecdotes is quite well known. Tough call. Time will tell...perhaps.
p.s. Cheney needs to retire.

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Then lets fire them all. Its time to clean it up and work to re-establish integrity in our government. Politicians shouldn't be running our country, people of integrity, leadership and rolled up sleeves should.

AMEN!!! But...we'll need to fire just about the whole Congress

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 2:46 PM

Posted by: hanocul6 | April 10, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

"AMEN!!! But...we'll need to fire just about the whole Congress"

Posted by: marSF | April 10, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

lgaide, the problem is that we went too late
and the WMD's were probably moved. It is true that most of the world's intelligence confirmed the presence of WMD's and that is why we had such wide support. It is also true, that in 2005, 3800 metric tons of yellowcake uranium was found and and it was just last year transported to Montreal. FYI, enriched yellowcake can be used to produce nuclear warheads.

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 2:39 PM
*****************************************************
Hmmm. "...the WMDs were PROBABLY moved...". Do you even see the problem with that statement. Is there ANY proof that there were WMDs? The answer is a simple NO! Even with the raw material (yellowcake), Iraq did not have the capacity to do anything with it. Despite their "intentions" they had no way to refine it. If I have flour, water, eggs, salt but NO OVEN, I am not going to be baking any bread.

It's been fun but I gotta' run.

Posted by: lgaide | April 10, 2009 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hanocul6 | April 10, 2009 2:40 PM
---------------------------------------------
AMEN!!! But...we'll need to fire just about the whole Congress

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: marSF | April 10, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Idiots; did Joe Biden have that discussion with George Bush or not? If he did then he is a man of truth and integrity and well deserves to be Vice President. If he didn't then he is an exaggerated liar that shouldn't be called Vice President of the United States. Unless you idiots don't care if we have liars running our country. I don't care democrat or republican, just tell the truth then this country can be strong again.

Posted by: hanocul6 | April 10, 2009 2:40 PM | Report abuse

lgaide, the problem is that we went too late

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

I didn't "ignore" anything -- information that Joe Wilson thought was exculpatory, in fact, was used by CIA to confirm that Iraq had nuclear intentions -- there's a simple and logical explanation for all of it.

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 2:10 PM
*********************************************************
An ant may have "intentions" of building a skyscraper. That does not mean it has the ability to accomplish it. Are we going to war with ANY country that has "intentions" we don't like?

Posted by: lgaide | April 10, 2009 2:35 PM | Report abuse

You guys have to see this Youtube video making the rounds on Youtube. Its called the Obama Bow Remix Video. It is very funny. It has Obama Bowing to the Saudi King, Then the WhiteHouse Trying to explain it. All mixed together on while a music track play.

Posted by: pastor123 | April 10, 2009 2:34 PM | Report abuse

lgaide:

That's not necessarily true (especially if he knows that he was present for every Bush-Biden meeting for the last 8 years).

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 2:06 PM
**************************************************
Which Rove did not claim. making up things will not support your position.

Posted by: lgaide | April 10, 2009 2:31 PM | Report abuse

interactidiomas - how do you even know that I am a conservative? From your experience? You know... empiricism.

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 2:31 PM | Report abuse

It is hardly worth engaging JakeD. Anyone who actually brags about supporting Alan Keyes and who is still harps about whether Barack Obama was born in the US is really beyond all hope of being convinced of anything that might conflict with his calcified world view. He is energized when The Porcine One decides to go on Fox to gin up a new "conflict" with the people that beat the GOP's flaccid behind in the last two elections. His frail, failing fingers are fixed to his "iPhone" and hi "RSS feed" so that he might spend his last years on Earth posing "questions" to anyone in this forum who might actually bother to challenge his all too predictable comments on EVERY SINGLE BLOG POST.

He will never go away.

Posted by: marSF | April 10, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Well, first of all, I am registered Independent so Republican is not "my party". Second, Bush did not lie us into a war. Every intelligence agency in the world thought that Saddam had WMD. So, unless you are saying that Bush somehow knew differently, it cannot be a "lie".

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 1:58 PM
******************************************************

jakeD,

"...Every intelligence agency in the world thought that Saddam had WMD..."
This is the lie. Every intelligence agency in the world did NOT know this. There were many reports that he was developing WMDs. By the time Bush started the war every single one of these reports had been disproved or discredited, as had the sources for most of them.There is not a single "fact" or theory that Bush advanced for supporing the war that was not disputed by the intelligence community or subject matter experts.

Posted by: lgaide | April 10, 2009 2:27 PM | Report abuse

My comment was that Biden's statement was a PARABLE. A parable is not a lie, it's a parable. And as a parable, it was a "dead-on" truet: no one was following Bush. And no one is listening to the rabid sore losers like Rove and this Jake person. We are done with your anger, hate-mongering. LET IT GO.

Posted by: Outside_Beltway | April 10, 2009 2:27 PM | Report abuse

JakeD-

God, I love you- youre so easy....you keep the contrast so sharp and clear between the positive new vision leading our nation; and the futile failed foolery of the past. Your every word keeps us lberals in line, on the attack; not letting our guard down so you dullards can get into the drivers seat anytime soon

Posted by: interactidiomas | April 10, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

JakeD-
When key witness, Michael Connell, died in a suspiciously timed plane crash (last December) it significantly lessened the chances of indicting Rove, Cheney, and Bush. There is evidence that Bush was not legally elected in 2000 or in 2004, but Connell was the single most important witness to those allegations.

Posted by: rooster54 | April 10, 2009 2:21 PM | Report abuse

OTOH you only implied that you are a U.S. citizen because you didn't even say where you were born (and whether it was to American parents).

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 2:20 PM | Report abuse

jmk55- there you go again- as if a person needs a reason to read a book- geeze.

THIS is conservative intellect? Thats like you guys having an opinion then creating or discovering facts to support them.

Ever heard of empiricism. You know- scientific method?

Posted by: interactidiomas | April 10, 2009 2:19 PM | Report abuse

interactidiomas:

Yes (see how easy it is to answer questions?).

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse

JakeD, by my reckoning you must be in your seventies- youre just like the Shakers- a dying breed. Did you reproduce? If so, did you successfully blind your off-spring to reality so that that they can continue the lost cause?

Posted by: interactidiomas | April 10, 2009 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Even more "taunts". Keep 'em coming, interactidiomas. Someday, YOU may live to regret that the U.S. is overpowered militarily.

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 2:16 PM | Report abuse

And if you don't shape up, you're going back to juvie hall.

Posted by: HughBriss | April 10, 2009 2:16 PM | Report abuse

interactidiomas, you seem very confused. You sound like you've read quite a few books for the wrong reasons and that you didn't fully understand and now you have a problem with the reality of your surroundings. Maybe it is time to try some transcendental mediation, drink some kool-aid and take break from life. What do you think?

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 2:15 PM | Report abuse

JakeD and jmk55-

how disheartening it must be: A black liberal well-loved here at home and abroad,
the conservative movement spiraling into the ground, laughed at and taunted at every turn, minorities everywhere, on police forces, board of directors, elected office, Rowe vs, wad out of danger, right to choose once again gaining ground, money being spent on society and its infrastructure instead of air-superiority fighters that have nothing to combat.

I can't tell you how much I enjoy watching YOU watching it all happen.

Posted by: interactidiomas | April 10, 2009 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Outside-Beltway:

So, let me get this straight. Even if Biden is lying, it's dead-on anyway (despite us 28% who did follow Bush) and it's all ROVE's fault for daring to actually point out the lie?!

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 2:10 PM | Report abuse

My perspective, as an Independent: Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! Rove's comments come across as sour grapes from a poor loser, hardly a role model for anyone. (In contrast, Bush has shown quite a bit of class since the election.) Rove's comments just remind us that the majority of Americans indeed made the better choice last fall. While Rove looks back with bitterness, Obama and Biden are looking forward, in a hopeful, positive manner, leading us out of the dark mess Rove et al created. And if the Biden/Bush exchange didn't happen? it was probably meant as a parable anyway--and either way, it's dead-on.

Posted by: Outside_Beltway | April 10, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

It is ironic, on a thread about Rove-Biden taunts, that the left resorts to taunts as well.

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Gosh, JakeD, I guess Valeria Plame (you know form OUR intelligence agency) was just dead wrong... this is an example of antithesis of honesty.

we didn't invade North Korea- a proven rogue county- just gave 'em bribe. Course they don't have the third largest oil reserve in the world-

Yeah but ignore that, like you ignored Palin being associted with a successionist movement, like ignoring the politicizing of the justice department, like ignoring sweetheart contracts with Halliburton- those things don't fit in to well with your views....or do they?

Posted by: interactidiomas | April 10, 2009 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Jake, turn that computer off right now and get down. You promised to help your mother empty the dishwasher. Otherwise, we're cutting off your allowance.

Posted by: HughBriss | April 10, 2009 2:07 PM | Report abuse

lgaide:

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 2:06 PM | Report abuse

cecil91:

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 12:34 PM
******************************************************
Just as Rove is in no position to dispute Biden's statement.

Posted by: lgaide | April 10, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse

interactidiomas:

You still around?

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse

HughBriss:

My last day in school was 1961 -- I'm not going anywhere until the Good Lord takes me home -- look, if you don't want to answer my questions to you, that's fine.

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Jake, it's time to get off the internet. Your teacher says you still have three chapters to catch up on in "My Weekly Reader."

Posted by: HughBriss | April 10, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

jmk55:

I'm so scared (NOT!)

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 2:00 PM | Report abuse

jmk55

you probably have reason to fear- but not from me...you are too insignificant for me to think much about-

I'm not threating you or anyone like you; I'm just yelling "Welcome" to your downfall- its been a longtime in coming, but more fun than a superbowl win

Posted by: interactidiomas | April 10, 2009 2:00 PM | Report abuse

interactidiomas:

Why is asking whether you are an American citizen "the anti-thesis of honest"? What else do you think I am not being honest with myself about?

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 2:00 PM | Report abuse

JakeD - you are in trouble! interactidiomas is after you now.

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 1:58 PM | Report abuse

JakeD- you are the anti-thesis of honest. Youre not even honest with yourself. But you a necessary reminder of what got voted out of power during the last two election cycles

Posted by: interactidiomas | April 10, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

This is a perfect example of right wing hypocrisy:

They try to impeach a president for lying about a bl*w job, but appoint a pedophile to look after adolescent congressional pages; aren't you the party of gay-bathroom sex?

As for biden perhaps fabricating a parabel, how does that compare to lying us into a war?

Posted by: interactidiomas | April 10, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Poster2:

Good points.

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse

interactidiomas:

I certainly hope you do not think that I am yanking your chain. I was simply asking an honest question (we had someone earlier from France here trashing on Bush too).

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse

interactidiomas, as I said before, you scare me. I suggest checking yourself to the nearest Psychiatric Emergency Room and immediately seek professional advice and treatment.

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Er, maybe if the Post report had mentioned how many other distortions and outright falsehoods Biden has been embarrassingly caught in? Plagiarism, even? To act like this is some claim-counterclaim in view of the fact that Biden won't even tell the date. Stoppit. If Dems had any ethics they'd be calling for Biden to give the dates, too, but most of them know this is just Biden being Biden and won't admit it.

Posted by: Poster2 | April 10, 2009 1:50 PM | Report abuse

probably its not sporting to kick an party and philosophy on the verge of extinction- but it certainly is satisfying- go back to Palin and the Plumber for a strategy session

Posted by: interactidiomas | April 10, 2009 1:48 PM | Report abuse

jmk55 - it's called cognitive dissonance. Look it up.

Posted by: jvlem | April 10, 2009 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Thank you for your excellent explanation

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 1:21 PM

__________________________________

What you reap is what you sow - only a man like Karl Rove would recoil in horror at the touch of a beautiful woman. Homophobics are usually latent homosexuals -

Posted by: jvlem | April 10, 2009 1:29 PM
-------------------------------------------
I fail to see the significance and purpose of bringing a sexual orientation to this conversation.

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Communist? Stalin ? Lenin?

is that the only brand you can identify?

Anything that doesn't fit into your limited world you just cast into that pile?

There's a myriad of thoughts and approaches out there, not limited to your meager imagination

Posted by: interactidiomas | April 10, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

jmk55:

you talk about learning? Then read "Guns, Germs and Steel"- it won the phi beta kappa science award

Read "Clash of Civilizations" by Samuel P Hunington>

I'm sure the last decadent Romans were pooh-poohing the barbarian threat even as Rome fell

Posted by: interactidiomas | April 10, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

JakeD.

I wasn't referring to "secret recordings." I was referring to the POTUS schedule as well as then Sentor Biden's. You just don't walk into the Oval Office and have a smack down talk.

Biden simply needs to say when this events happened. If he can't or won't, he's lying.

Posted by: sabinapoppaea | April 10, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

I'm with jmk55 regarding the story itself. Why is WP trying to start fights instead of reporting real news? Doesn't seem like Biden even responded. If we're going to get into a Dem-Rep brawl, let's at least have it be over something meaningful.

Posted by: nbellino | April 10, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

perhaps you feel fulfilled by the thought of yanking my chain, but I come here for this- to address the malignancy that yo represent directly to its face. Its a great alternative to what I and others would like to do. I've noted you for over 2 years here- and like all of your election
predictions and poll numbers, you are consistently wrong a living on the fringes of a world you can't acce´t nor adapt to.

Posted by: interactidiomas | April 10, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

I'm sure you and your wife would like it better if Karl Rove touched you, Jake D.

Either way, Rove will not be remembered respectfully for that incident or any other, except by rapture-believers and Obama birth certificate conspiracy theorists, i.e., your demographic.

Posted by: jvlem | April 10, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse

interactidiomas - you scare me!

"For every white person on earth- there are 15 that aren't...do you read histroy? Do you understand your position?"

Do you even know what you're saying???
Are you a racist? Are you a communist? Are you looking to Marx, Engels, Stalin and Lenin for answers? It seems as you would love to see the 1917 revolution repeat itself in 2009 America. You need to get a life!

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse

It is interesting how most of the posts here go along party lines. Question to all: How many news sources outside of your comfort zone are you checking? If you don't like what they say, are you fact-checking, or just dismissing what the other side is saying? You have to realize that as long as we are at each other's throats with the class and race warfare game, the real crooks are stealing us all blind and laughing at us for being fools. This really became clear to me when I discovered that most of the big Wall Street banker types that received the bailout money are Democrats, which makes sense because Republicans usually go into small business and don't make the mega-bucks. Bush is out of power and we now need to go after the next group of crooks and send a message that the lack of integrity and not watching out for the folks will no longer be tolerated. We need to reclaim America, for the people.

Posted by: DL13 | April 10, 2009 1:34 PM | Report abuse

interactidiomas:

See how easy that was? To answer your questions now, a) yes and b) more than you.

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 1:32 PM | Report abuse

jvlem:

I've been married for 52 years, and I wouldn't want Crow touching me either.

fedupAmerican:

If I admit that it is possible Rove is lying, then can you admit that it's possible that Biden is lying?

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Well, depends if you consider Burbank, California the birthplace of American citizens- it's north of the mason-dixon, isn't in IDaho or Utah, and actually contains libraries stocked with books- even books by people we don't always agree with- not your vision of America, obviously

And you outside of squirting forth from you mother an landing on American soil- what have you contributed CITIZEN?

Posted by: interactidiomas | April 10, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Thank you for your excellent explanation

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 1:21 PM

__________________________________

Posted by: jvlem | April 10, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

PS Biden has a sharp tongue and reasonably quick wit. I wouldn't be at all surprised with Bush's UNSHARP MIND, that "I am a leader" could come out of his mouth. And it would most certainly BEGGED Biden's response. Sounds very real to me!

Posted by: fedupAmerican | April 10, 2009 1:28 PM | Report abuse

interactidiomas:

Yes or no (I will be more than happy to answer your later-asked questions just as soon as you answer my pending question whether you are an American citizen)?

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

sabinpoppaea:

I think Oval Office tape recordings stopped after Nixon. I doubt that Bush will come to Biden's defense on this one either ; )

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Since when is Karl Rove such an expert on the integrity of the White House? This guy is so out of touch, it's laughable.

Posted by: parkerfl1 | April 10, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Race card? TRy Race stat, or Race history or Race demographic.

Everyone has technology now, The largest emerging-economies in the world, India and China have long memories of humiliation at white hands- of course, I don't need to explain the sentiment behind the word "Gringo" in Lat. America. For every white person on earth- there are 15 that aren't...do you read histroy? Do you understand your position?

In Terms of the history of civilization, Occidental ascendancy is nothing more than a blip on a track of several millenia

Posted by: interactidiomas | April 10, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

fedupAmerican:

It is, theoretically, possible that Rove is right this one time, correct?

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 1:23 PM | Report abuse

jmk55 - Biden will be remembered as Vice President of the United States. Only one way to top that -

Rove will be remembered as the fat bald man who who screamed "don't touch me" when Sheryl Crow touched his arm.

Posted by: jvlem | April 10, 2009 1:13 PM
-------------------------------------------
Thank you for your excellent explanation

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

This is really very simple.

All meetings with any POTUS are logged and timed. If Biden is telling the truth, he simply needs to tell the dates of his private Oval Office conversations. Then pull the logs and see if it happened and if he was alone.

If Biden refuses to give dates (which his senate office could easily confirm), or says can't remember exactly when two private conversations where he dressed down a President where, it is clear Biden is lying and Rove is right no matter how painful an admission that will be to some.

Posted by: sabinapoppaea | April 10, 2009 1:20 PM | Report abuse

dajerryguy:

That's not "scary" at all. I hope she runs in 2012 at the TOP of the ticket instead.

Attucks:

Is it at least theoretically possible that Biden never said to Bush: "

interactidiomas:

Yes or no, are you an American citizen?

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 1:19 PM | Report abuse

the idea that KARL ROVE would lecture ANY VICE PRESIDENT on lying is RICH!!!! I swear his gang understands NEITHER irony or hypocrisy.

Posted by: fedupAmerican | April 10, 2009 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Fork-off JerkD- are you even a human?

I'm a infantry veteram, former big-city paramedic, and Former YMCA program director having supervised the Youth Legislature program- what are your contributions to OUR country, big-mouth?!

Posted by: interactidiomas | April 10, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

HughBriss:

For the record, this thread went from 9 posts to 68 in a flash. Before you bring up the "racist" accusation on this thread, as you know, I would have supported a pro-life BLACK (such as Alan Keyes) for President. As hard as it is to believe, some of us opposed to Obama are not racists.

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Take a long look at what has been revealed about Sarah Palin, her family, her beliefs and her accomplishments. Now recall that the RNC wanted her elected Vice President of the United States. Scary, huh? What does this say about the RNC? If it were fiction, it would be judged too incredible.

Posted by: dajerryguy | April 10, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

So now Karl Rove, who proudly separated himself from the "reality-based commnunity," is accusing someone else of living in a fictional world, and calling that a negative?

Rove-style conservativism was based entirely on the freedom to live in any fantasy you liked. You could put on a flight suit and use troops and ships as props. You could spin, lie, pose and strut. You could roll up your sleeves and pretend you cared about devastated cities and bodies in the streets. Above all else you could deny any fact, any measurement, any objective realoty, because there was no such thing as objective reality--it was all about your point of view.

That was Rove's world. In his thinking, five wasn't five if you wanted it to be four.

Sorry Karl. You can't call someone else a liar if your whole life is a lie.

Posted by: Attucks | April 10, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

interactidiomas, I see that you still didn't learn that the race card is not always a trump card.

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

The problems are with this making it a very poorly done story:

1. The title is inaccurate since there was NO exchange. Rove called Biden a liar. For there to be an exchange, you would have to show that Biden responded in kind. You showed no such thing.

2. You accepted at face value that Rove knows every single word that Joe Biden ever said to former President Bush. This strikes me as highly unlikely. What's more the comment Biden commented that he made is very much in tune with the kind of rather brash statement he is WELL KNOWN for making.

I'm tired of seeing newspapers and TV puffing these political has-beens.

Admittedly the Republicans don't have anything better to offer, but how about coming up with some NEWS instead of biased puff-pieces.

Posted by: jeannietomlin | April 10, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

my "E" sticks

Posted by: rexreddy | April 10, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jvlem | April 10, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

nor you jmk55- while your shouting at the ocean, bemoaning the tide of history, I'm surrounded by compatriots. Are you sure your not a David Axelrod shill, sent to keep us fired-up against the receding tide of ignorance an hypocrisy- if so, bravo you are doing your part splendidly

Posted by: interactidiomas | April 10, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Karl Who? Dick Who? Ohh the party of no more. Goodbye the party of Archie Bunker. Goodbye... Thanks for destroying America this last 8 years! Goodbye...

Posted by: lingo009 | April 10, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

there are only two kinds of sheep republican and democrat you can be led and be sheared in the winter. by your master so he can sell your hide for profit and be left in the cold you are such good sheep

Posted by: getsix1 | April 10, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

CONDI / ROVE 2012!!!

Hey Palin! just stay home next tim O.K. !

Posted by: rexreddy | April 10, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Karl Rove will not go down in history in any significant way. Joe Biden will.

Posted by: jvlem | April 10, 2009 1:06 PM
---------------------------------------------

A buffoon, a goof and a liar.

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

HughBriss:

If it was such a "yawn" why the violent reaction and screeching posts from the left?

interactidiomas:

Are you even an American citizen? At least the 28% of us are (BTW McCain-Palin got a lot more than that percentage).

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Notice the same tried and faile tactics of the right? "As long as we can blame your side before the next election;"

Is there a solution in there for America's problems? That's so rightwingnut- a philosophy based on vengence and attacking any enemy- any enemy- God, how you must miss the cold war

Posted by: interactidiomas | April 10, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Gotta love the way all you obamatrons jump to the defense of the serial plagarist (read liar).

Posted by: Mama3 | April 10, 2009 1:08 PM | Report abuse

For those, primarily conservatives, who are asserting that there is some evident truth or lie here, you are assuming more than is known. Biden says something happened; Rove said it did not. Neither has offered anything other than their own word to support their claim.

Absent proof, which of the two gentlemen you chose to believe certainly says as much or more about you than it does about either of them.

I'm sure I'm being quite self-revealing, for instance, in stating that I'm incredibly amused by a class of people that, in 2009, are willing take Rove's word as the gospel truth.

Posted by: nodebris | April 10, 2009 1:07 PM | Report abuse

This would be sad if it wasn't so lopsided. Has anyone ever actually voted for Karl Rove? Has he ever done anything even remotely good for the citizens of this country? Does anyone else ever pay him to talk except Fox News? Does Karl Rove think anything he says actually matters? Did Rove help elect and re-elect a president whose will be reviled by all those except rapture-believers and Obama birth certificate conspiracy theorists?

Has Joe Biden been elected senator of Delaware repeatedly and then elected Vice President of the United States? Has he devoted his life to representing citizens of this country? Has Biden's life been investigated repeatedly by his opponent's campaigns and, other than having his foot in his mouth on occasion, been shown to be an upstanding citizen?

There is no contest. Rove is projecting, because he is the best example of a blowhard out there - someone who talks and talks, but has never done anything except take politics to the lowest of the low. After being raised by a stepfather who later came out as a gay man, Rove cheerfully instilled irrational fear of gay people via gay marriage amendments on the 2004 election ballots to re-elect a man who should never have been president in the first place.

Karl Rove will not go down in history in any significant way. Joe Biden will.

Posted by: jvlem | April 10, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

np JakeD lol

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

interactidiomas - I see you didn't learn anything yesterday.

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, jmk55. You were, indeed, the victim of friendly fire ; )

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

good luck with that jerkD, everyday your image of sordid hypocrisy, divisive politics ultra-nationalist exclusiveness are getting woven deeper and deeper into the fabric of the American Consscience. And each and everyone of you extreme right serial-bloggers has been doing your part to keep your percentage steady at 28%. Viva Palin!

Posted by: interactidiomas | April 10, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

jmk55:

Did you finally get around to reading the article.

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 12:59 PM
---------------------------------------------
JakeD, put down the kool-aid and read again.
You're preaching to the wrong choir.

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 1:04 PM | Report abuse

FoxNews, Karl Rove, so 2004. Yawn.

Posted by: HughBriss | April 10, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

dansimon123:

We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

interactidiomas:

As long as we can still muster enough numbers to filibuster Dawn Johnsen and/or blame the coming failures on YOUR SIDE before the next election, that's fine with me.

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Dear bobojake,

we've already had the worst administration in history, it was Bushy and his band of felons. Obama, Biden et al are a huge improvement.

Posted by: dansimon123 | April 10, 2009 1:01 PM | Report abuse

President Obama needs to create a new cabinet post. It could be called the "Office for Damage Control". Special Olympics, CDs to Gordon Brown, IPod to the Queen, Bowing to the Saudi King and Joe "Shut My Mouth" Biden

Posted by: tiotom77 | April 10, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

DL13:

Double standard in the MSM (big surprise)!

jmk55:

Did you finally get around to reading the article.

BertinDC:

I won't "give it a rest". Can you answer my question to you now?

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 12:59 PM | Report abuse

You Rove apologists, and other assorted rightwinged dinosaures: For every three of you there are six of us,plus one sympathizer; You are the rearguard of Napoleon's retreat from Moscow, the last of the Mohicans, the last demented remnants of Der Party huddled in der fuhrer-bunker. Will the last dodo say goodnight; 'cause what ya have to say is being shouted to the wind.

Posted by: interactidiomas | April 10, 2009 12:59 PM | Report abuse

leftcoaster5:

That's what I said already.

BertinDC:

Yes. Can you answer my question now?

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

While I'm not the greatest fan of Rove, the documented cases of Biden's exaggerations are enormous. I still laugh at Biden's claim during the VP debate of going to some restaurant in New Jersey, just to hang out with the folks, when it had actually been closed for over 15 years. That was classical. Unfortunately, the mainstream press fails to reveal this kind of gem to the public and it goes largely unreported, probably because they fear the truth being told.

Posted by: DL13 | April 10, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Oh, JakeD... give a rest buddy.

Posted by: BertinDC | April 10, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

I make no excuses that I lean to the democratic side of things. I also make no excuses for being in the intelligence community for the past 40 years. Those facts said, I read these posts and knowing the truth and see there is no intelligent life left in the country. So many of you are so interested in spewing hate you forget to think through the facts that are in the public domain. The top five paid hacks ( Limbaugh ect.) of the republican party recieve 208 million dollars a year virtually tax exempt to sound bite the public to death while distracting you from the truth of those you voted for. Wise up morons, this is your world to save or to perish in because those of us who lived the history of the republican conspiricy are to old to give a damn what you think or do. While your at it, do not let the democrats go without your constant vigilance for there are no saints there either. Vote for those who do the best for you and your families regardless of the labels attached.

Posted by: anOPINIONATEDsob | April 10, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Here's another one I would imagine most Obamaniacs would consider a "taunt" as well:

OBAMA IS NOT LEGALLY PRESIDENT!

(sorry, caseymiller32, but that would mean that Biden is Acting President of the United States, and has been since noon on January 20, 2009)

if Obama was, in fact, born in Kenya -- why won't he consent to release his LONG FORM birth certificate if not -- then he is NOT a "natural born" citizen because his mother was underaged at the time. Look it up, if you don't believe me:

Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock: A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) INA provided the citizen parent was physically present in the U.S. for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five (5) years physical presence in the U.S., and two (2) after the age of fourteen (14) is required by the citizen parent. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten (10) years, five (5) after the age of fourteen (14) are required for physical presence in the U.S. to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.)

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 12:55 PM | Report abuse

it seems that being "fat" and "not a college graduate" carry much weight(excuse the pun) on this blog. Is being thin and a degree holder a prerequisite for having one's opinion heard in a respectful way? I thought liberals honered diversity.

Posted by: leftcoaster5 | April 10, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

When will rove, that moron w and that dick, cheney be jailed for crimes against America and indeed humanity. rove has no shame as is the case with most republicans.

Posted by: davidsawh | April 10, 2009 12:44
PM
---------------------------------------------
And when will the Obama worshipers admit, that they are all brainwashed Marxists, that their latest hero is Hugo Chavez and that they want our country to become USSA - UNITED SOCIALIST STATES OF AMERICA

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

biden has a history of this. Imagine if he was the President. Biden has to control his tongue because he will embarrass himself and the President

Posted by: caseymiller32 | April 10, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Rove hit it on the head obiden is an inconsiderate incompetent LIAR and he has a twin obama. We have the worst adminstration in the history of the United States. It was obama-ACORN-scummmmmmer-reid-peloski-dodd-frank-obiden housing-banking scandal that raped the US TAXpayers in the first place. Why does obama an obiden hate middle class hardworking taxpayers?????

Posted by: bobojake | April 10, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

In my opinion, Joe Biden was very fair in commenting Bush that "look behind, no one is following you". Instead he should have told him "Bush, look behind, only right wing Republican thugs are following you"

Posted by: citysoilverizonnet | April 10, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

JakeD, non sequitur and strawman, but for the sake of brief discussion... are you arguing that Biden taunted Bush to his face?

A) If Biden shared those exact words with Bush, I suspect they were delivered with a non-inflammatory tone.

B) Delivering those words in a face-to-face meeting is a very different thing than calling someone a liar and a blowhard on national television.

C) Obama need not worry (refer to approval rating scoreboard).

D) If Scott (the author) agreed with you, then this blog entry should have been titled "Biden Insults Bush in 2005 or 2006, Rove's Panties Knot-up in 2009."

Posted by: BertinDC | April 10, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: davidsawh | April 10, 2009 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Is this the best that Rove can up with? Go back to the bunker with Cheney, Karl. Your appearances on the FLOX Bubble deserve better than this.

Wonder about your eMails, can you tell us about that and your potential testimony?

Those are some utterances worth hearing about.

Posted by: Spectator | April 10, 2009 12:44 PM | Report abuse

No wonder so many of us laugh at you psuedo intellectual bloggers. Your habit of justifying any actions of the Obama administration including the fact that the VP is a liar by attacking Bush is tiresomely predictable. Joe Biden is a blowhard & liar. Everyone knows that. The fact that you don't like Karl Rove doesn't change the truth. Does any rationale person really think that Biden was a confident of Bushs' Please spare me.

Posted by: leftcoaster5 | April 10, 2009 12:43 PM | Report abuse

forestbloggod:

We are all liers everyday, but not every hour. That is the difference between Biden and Karl Rove. Rove is compulsive liar and has to lie in order to stay on top (it doesn't help anybody besides himself), and Biden is just a liar like most of us here.

Posted by: BOBSTERII | April 10, 2009 12:43 PM | Report abuse

I was just wondering what happened to Rove the drop out; I thought mabye he went back to school to try and finish his degree. At least Rove is consistant in his reactions, his usual "tale told by an idoit full of sound and fury signifying nothing". You can only find this Rovian entertainment on FOX news or Jerry Springer.

Posted by: dmscontractor | April 10, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Karl Rove claiming that someone else is exaggerating...what more than him? He wrote the book on it.
Rove was the architect behind George the Lesser claiming that he would be a great president. If that's not exaggeration then what is? GWB will go down in history as the biggest looser and almost destroyer of the greatest nation on earth. With his side kick Cheney they will go down in infamy. Future "How to govern" text books will hold their example on what not to do.
Laughable, really. Joe, don’t go down to that fat clown’s level. He will be in jail soon.

Posted by: sd-mouth | April 10, 2009 12:40 PM | Report abuse

BertinDC : You notice how NONE of Rove's attackers are in any position to verify Biden's story?>>>>

What is even more poignant is they cannot refute it.

Posted by: cecil91 | April 10, 2009 12:40 PM | Report abuse

WAS THIS ON "FOX NEWS"?????

Oh God, why all the hype; this is normal stuff coming from the "Factory of Lies Inc." And their employee Mr. Karl Rove is just doing his job; LYING.

Washington Post could have make a better page about something else, more ineteresting than Karl Rove; like; Dart Throwing tournament, its more fun than listening liar lying. Its something we all know aoutcome as soon he opnes his pie schute.

Posted by: BOBSTERII | April 10, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

BertinDC:

Why do I think that telling Obama to "turn around; no one is following you" would somehow qualify as a "taunt" in your opinion?

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

jmk55:

You missed the article noting Biden's earlier "sarcasm".

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

I don't get it, Scott. Your headline suggests Biden has been taunting Rove, but there are no quotes of Biden taunting anyone. The only possible taunt is provided by you, with the inclusion of "sarcarm" in the final line of the story.

Resist the urge to hype, for the sake of your journalistic integrity.

Posted by: BertinDC | April 10, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

cecil91:

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 12:34 PM | Report abuse

The article quotes Rove calling Biden names but does not quote Biden engaging in the matter.

Did Biden say something in return? What? If not, a more appropriate lead would have been "Rove insults Biden" - to which my response would have been to yawn.

Posted by: mark_in_austin | April 10, 2009 12:26 PM
---------------------------------------------
And even more appropriate lead would have been - Karl Rove reprimands Joe Biden for insulting his President, George Bush.

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

forestbloggod:

Bush is not a war criminal.

BOBSTERII:

Even a broken clock (if that's what Karl Rove were) is right twice a day. Why not just face it that Biden is a liar?

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

IF BIDEN NEEDS KIDNEY, I AM SURE HE WOULD HAVE DONORS ALL OVER THIS COUNTRY, BUT IF KARL ROVE NEEDS KIDNEY, HE WOULD HAVE DONORS FOR A FUNERAL EXPENSES. NOW ANY OF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP KARL ROVE, GO AHEAD, SAVE HIS LYING ARSE. BIDEN IS NOT A LIAR.

Posted by: BOBSTERII | April 10, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

thebobbob writes: Karl Rove has to be the most consistently cynical and transparent of the pantheon of Fat, White, Republican Blowhards:
So show me your pantheon of slim democrats whose rhetoric is noble, virtuous, and "a voice of reason." Maybe Dodds or Kennedy? HA! The very least you could do is post a pic of Michael Moore. Bwa AHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Posted by: cecil91 | April 10, 2009 12:29 PM | Report abuse

mark_in_austin:

Read the article. Rove is claiming that Biden never said to Bush: "Mr. President, turn around and look behind you. No one's following." That's the Biden quote you are missing.

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Biden responded with sarcasm, saying Rove was "a great American."
________

and Bush is a "great guy?"

sorry JOE.

sarcasm does NOT apply to pending war criminals. put your legal mind to work and put your knutsak out of their mouths.

Posted by: forestbloggod | April 10, 2009 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Karl Rove has no credibility to say anything about our country or our vice president. Karl Rove has credibilty to help republicans and to help crooks to screw anybody and to lie for republicans and crooks., but he is trying to screw worng guy.

COLLEGE DROP-OUT vs OLD POLITICAL PRO, I don's think so. Who the hell is Rove anyway to talk right now.

Posted by: BOBSTERII | April 10, 2009 12:28 PM | Report abuse

jmcgill1, bizecology, and thebobbob:

So, you are admitting that Biden lied about ever saying "No one's following" to Bush, but your "defense" is that Rove is a traitor, fat, bald, not Vice-President and (the coup de grâce) Cheney's "lies" were worse?!

Posted by: JakeD | April 10, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

By Scott Wilson
"Vice President Biden and former Bush political sherpa Karl Rove are at it again, engaging in a new round of name-calling appropriate for a school yard near you."

Posted by: mark_in_austin | April 10, 2009 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Leo3 wrote: In a more just world, Rove, Bush and Cheney would all be rotting in jail for the needless deaths of over 4,000 Americans in Iraq. Perhaps justice will yet be done someday...>>>

In tha case Obama ouht to join them because he just needlessly murdered 5 AMerican soldiers today. Perhaps justice will one day be served indeed ...

Posted by: cecil91 | April 10, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Karl Rove has to be the most consistently cynical and transparent of the pantheon of Fat, White, Republican Blowhards. He actually had the nerve to say, "You should not exaggerate and lie like this when you are the vice president of the United States."

The entire Bush Administration, which he had a major part in creating, propping up and manipulating, was nothing more than an increasing series of lies and exaggerations. Tell us again, Karl, why we're in Iraq? Because they definitely have WMD's, because we're moments away from a Mushroom Cloud, because we'll only need 50,000 troops and because we'll be welcomed as liberators???? Those are lies and exaggerations that cost tens of thousands of lives. Whatever Biden says pales in comparison.

Karl Rove, you are a member of the Republican Party and a traitor. Take him away!!

Posted by: thebobbob | April 10, 2009 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Hey Karl, as long there is investigations lets look into Obama and the murder, cocaine and homosexual activity allegations:

Then there is the issue of Obama's birth certificate and sealing all of his records.

Biden continues to live up to his Meathead status.

Posted by: Bubbette1 | April 10, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Joe Biden would be a lot better off if he kept his mouth shot, stopped making up stories and making a fool out of himself.

Posted by: jmk55 | April 10, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Well, half the country is following Obama. What does Mr. Reaching Across the Isle have, 3 Republican votes for his initiatives? It’s hard to keep count.

Posted by: XLiberalJack | April 10, 2009 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Karl Rove is a traitor who should be in prison.

Posted by: bizecology | April 10, 2009 12:05 PM | Report abuse

And Joe Biden is the Vice President of the United States... Karl Rove is what, exactly?
College dropout? Overweight and balding? And what else? Why does he get a voice in the Washington Post?

Posted by: jmcgill1 | April 10, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Rove should certainly know about exaggeration to the point of lying: He helped orchestrate liar-in-chief Bush's fraudulent elections and fraudulent war in Iraq.

Posted by: Leo3 | April 10, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

With no economies to wreck and no countries to invade, Karl Rove has had to fall back on his strength: character assassination.

Posted by: babbie | April 10, 2009 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Hey Joe! Next time ask Rove why expert pilot, Michael Connell, died in a private plane crash while he was under investigation.

Posted by: rooster54 | April 10, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse