The Trail: A Daily Diary of Campaign 2008

Archives

Washington Life

White House Dog Photographed, Remains Cute

The Obama family's dog, Bo, a Portuguese water dog, poses on the South Lawn of the White House. (Official White House Photo by Chuck Kennedy)Enlarge Image

By Marissa Newhall
There's not much we can tell you about the just-released official White House portrait of First Puppy Bo Obama ... except that, yes, he's still adorable, and still treating his office with the dignity and respect it deserves. (That dignity and respect, of course, includes his penchant for munching on jackets and microphones belonging to journalists.)

Posted at 3:42 PM ET on Jun 19, 2009  | Category:  Washington Life
Share This: Technorati talk bubble Technorati | Tag in Del.icio.us | Digg This
Previous: Clinton Undergoes Surgery on Her Elbow | Next: Obama to Rib Reporters at Gala Dinner

Add 44 to Your Site
Get This Widget >>

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

fr mippy09:

>... people have lashed out regarding President George W but He is the one who stood by us when terrorists came to US soil and at no time did he stand at ground zero apologizing for us instead he told the world we will find you and he did. I am disabled however my employer is clueless on the ADA civil rights harrassment discrimination and hostile work place. My STD has been denied leaving me no income and so I can not pay for my life saving medications, co pays, mortgage or car payment...

That's thanks to your buddy dumbya, who is FINALLY out of office!

Posted by: Alex511 | June 22, 2009 2:43 PM

What an incredibly cute dog.

Posted by: CentristView | June 20, 2009 8:56 PM

He's First Dog to many, but in DC, he's known as FDOTUS - First Dog of the U.S. (fdotus.com)!

Posted by: edwards1 | June 20, 2009 9:13 AM

Now let me see, the Washington Post puts a dog up front because it is Mr Obamas and "cute" but apparently does not feel we humans are in trouble with this president. Mr Obama stop aplogizing for us over seas, try holding your head up high and not cower when things are not simple. I personnaly had no thoughts for Mr Obama in so much as how can you trust a president who has no respect for his country and forgot all campaign issues. Great Job but again I am not surprised, people have lashed out regarding President George W but He is the one who stood by us when terrorists came to US soil and at no time did he stand at ground zero apologizing for us instead he told the world we will find you and he did. I am disabled however my employer is clueless on the ADA civil rights harrassment discrimination and hostile work place. My STD has been denied leaving me no income and so I can not pay for my life saving medications, co pays, mortgage or car payment. Hpw about this story as there are so many of us in this place and and are way more importatant than a dog or does the ashington Post think not. Marguerite Lyons RN CRRN CCM CDMS LNCC

Posted by: mippy09 | June 20, 2009 2:37 AM

What?!! Not posts arguing that a cute dog proves that Obama is an anti-American socialist teleprompter nazi empty shirt?

Posted by: nodebris | June 20, 2009 1:25 AM