Obama Hails Kirk Appointment

President Obama today hailed the appointment of Paul Kirk as senator from Massachusetts.

"I am pleased that Massachusetts will have its full representation in the United States Senate in the coming months, as important issues such as health care, financial reform and energy will be debated," he said.

"Paul Kirk is a distinguished leader, whose long collaboration with Senator Kennedy makes him an excellent, interim choice to carry on his work until the voters make their choice in January."

For more on the Kirk story, continue reading at The Fix»

By Web Politics Editor  |  September 24, 2009; 11:22 AM ET
Categories:  Primary Source
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Goolsbee Chides AIG CEO to Mind His Tongue
Next: Yosi Sergant Resigns from NEA

Comments

President Barack Obama...sheesh, these party of NO hacks sure whine about everything don't they..now they are whining about the appointment of an interim senator from Massachusetts..isn't that an internal issue for that particular commonwealth..party of NO, no ideas, no plans, nothing but constant whining..

Posted by: ruraledcomm | September 24, 2009 10:22 PM | Report abuse

Yes, JakeD, I will boycott Boston, I will not eat baked beans, I will not root for the Red Sox but I will support any and all insurance corporations based there. I like my insurance even though I have not used it lately so I don't really know if it is any good. I still have enough money for premiums but I can't eat out anymore. I hate socialism just like you do, even though social security, medicare, police, firemen, postal employees, garbage collectors, teachers and census workers are part of the socialist system in our government. I hate government as much as you do and I want to put all the power where it belongs, in the hands of the big corporations.

Posted by: seemstome | September 24, 2009 9:12 PM | Report abuse

I read JakeD's post and until I saw who the author was I was in agreement. There is nothing wrong with changing the rule but it should not be on a one time basis.

Knowing that JakeD only favors what the religious fascists in this country want, I feel better about the goings on in Boston.

Posted by: Gator-ron | September 24, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Wont use this opportunity to just talk succession. Welcome Senator, and now one hopes it will be better 'sailing' for the Democrats. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Toy0915Wm5U

Posted by: Victoria5 | September 24, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Please join my boycott of Boston if they go through with this and contact Sec. Galvin's office to urge him to STOP THE HYPOCRISY / do not accept the Governor's "emergency" letter:

Tel: (617) 727-7030
Toll Free: 1-800-392-6090
TTY: (617) 878-3889
Fax: (617) 742-4528
E-mail: cis@sec.state.ma.us

Posted by: JakeD | September 24, 2009 2:59 PM | Report abuse

WHICH KENNEDY IN 2010?

So who's out front to become the PERMANENT Ted Kennedy seat-holder come January?

I'm betting it's Teddy Jr. (most likely) or Joe -- the dynasty endures and the dream will never die.

The Kirk interim appointment perfectly foreshadows a next-generation Kennedy gambit, yes?

***

ATTENTION A.G. HOLDER: Where is the DOJ Civil Rights Division investigation into the covert use of silent, harmful microwave and laser directed energy weapons on unjustly targeted Americans and their families by a Bush-legacy federal-local "multi-agency coordinated action program" that continues to commit civil and human rights violations under Team Obama...

...including government-enabled, GPS-activated covert "community stalking" harassment and terrorism?

http://nowpublic.com/world/gestapo-usa-govt-funded-vigilante-network-terrorizes-america OR http://NowPublic.com/scrivener RE: "GESTAPO USA"

Posted by: scrivener50 | September 24, 2009 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Hailed by Oponzi . Oh yes all the world knows the many contributions of Paul Kirk . The greatest of which is yet to come when he does not run for office and clears the way for a another rat set up .

Posted by: borntoraisehogs | September 24, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

"So that we will be able to keep you and your children and their children broke paying for these massive socialistic programs. Not to mention more government control over your lives. Hmmm I still don't understand why so many in MA are moving to CT and NH?"

Posted by: FLvet | September 24, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse