Biden sits down with Stewart on 'The Daily Show'

Vice President Biden became the first sitting vice president to appear on Comedy Central's "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" Tuesday night, though he made many visits to the set as a senator.

In Part 1 of the interview, Biden and Stewart discuss Amtrak, Sarah Palin, the reliability of the recovery spending jobs numbers and the expectations of the American public.

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Joe Biden Pt. 1
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Crisis

In part 2, they discuss the financial sector bailout -- which Stewart called "the part I really can't figure out" -- and the resistance of Republicans to the Obama agenda.

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Joe Biden Pt. 2
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Crisis

By Garance Franke-Ruta  |  November 18, 2009; 8:43 AM ET
Categories:  44 The Obama Presidency , In Case You Missed It
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Heavy burden 'weighs on' Obama
Next: In his own words: Obama in China

Comments

V-P Joe, I became involved w/politics last year for the first time in my life as a Republican. (I am 59 yrs old) I'm trying to make a difference as an AMERICAN first, I rallied w/the TEA Partiers and occasionally join a 9-12 meeting. Almost every Republican I know is NOT A 'hard core conservative' as you stated on the Stewart show tonight. 99% of us want to get rid of our current leadership (DEMS and REPUBS). We are working to make sure NO INCUMBENT goes back to Washington, regardless of party.

Please do not lump all of us in the same basket.

THANKS, B Gill , FL

Posted by: babgill | November 18, 2009 7:49 PM | Report abuse

TO: "Blarney" @ 11:17 a.m.

Get VPOTUS to read the first linked article.

Then get him to read this one:

Then ask him to synthesize and observe and talk to Bureau.

He'll get it.

Posted by: scrivener50 | November 18, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Brilliant, capecodner424! LOL!

Posted by: Blarney | November 18, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Biden is the first sitting VP to meet with him.

Cheney being the other option.

Dick Cheney on Jon Stewart. Oh, just thinking about this makes my day.

Just imagine: the intro, Cheney coming out, sitting down, Stewart looking at him, looking at the cameras, looking back to Cheney and saying "You know what, I changed my mind." Cut to commercial.

Posted by: capecodner424 | November 18, 2009 11:21 AM | Report abuse

To scrivener50: What?!

Posted by: Blarney | November 18, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

URGENT TO VP BIDEN (c/o Jay Carney): Drudge Report headline -- Recovery.gov web site "embarrassment" -- the purposeful work of a cyber psy op intended to undermine the Obama-Biden administration? Consider asking Roslyn Mazer at Office of DNI to investigate. Also, please know this:

SECRET MULTI-AGENCY FED PROGRAM TORTURES, IMPAIRS, PERSECUTES THOUSANDS OF U.S. CITIZENS WITH NATIONWIDE SILENT MICROWAVE/LASER WEAPONS SYSTEMS, LOCAL VIGILANTISM: VETERAN JOURNALIST

Did this program track and target the Fort Hood shooter?

http://nowpublic.com/world/gestapo-usa-govt-funded-vigilante-network-terrorizes-america OR http://NowPublic.com/scrivener RE: "GESTAPO USA"

***

U.S. CENSORS THE NET AS OBAMA LECTURES CHINA ON NET CENSORSHIP

More "Stupid 'Humint' Surveillance Tricks" By "Fusion Center" Operatives

Posted by: scrivener50 | November 18, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

I just can't help it. I really like Joe Biden. He's more what Sarah Palin likes to refer to as a "real American" than she is.

Go Joe!