Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity

Trial of the century heads to N.Y.

By Ben Pershing
We're only 10 years into the 21st century, so it's safe to say that the "trial of the century" so far is coming soon to New York.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who describes himself as the mastermind behind the Sept. 11 attacks, is headed for trial in a civilian federal court in New York along with four other detainees from Guantanamo Bay. The Washington Post writes that "the announcement Friday will end months of intense internal jockeying among federal prosecutors in New York and Virginia, and between military and federal prosecutors, for the right to prosecute the high-value detainees held at the military prison." President Obama said Friday morning that "this is a prosecutorial decision as well as a national security decision," but it's also a political decision, whether he intends it to be or not. Many conservatives have argues against trying Guantanano detainees on American soil, and are sure to pounce on the decision. The New York Times adds, "the Obama administration has decided to prosecute Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri -- the Guantanamo detainee accused of planning the 2000 bombing of the U.S.S. Cole in Yemen -- and several other detainees before a military commission."

Continue reading at Political Browser »

By Ben Pershing  |  November 13, 2009; 8:28 AM ET
Categories:  The Rundown  
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Palin on Oprah: a preview
Next: Quiz Time: Obama's Family

Comments

I was "Laughing Out Loud" at the Trial of the century headline. I think that FORMER PROSECUTER Andrew McCarthy piece on Holder's (and his boss's) hidden agenda is very insightful:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/

Posted by: JakeD | November 13, 2009 1:48 PM | Report abuse

The show trial will be bigger than 'If the glove doesn't fit ...'
Nancy/Reid have wanted to destroy the FBI, now they have done it. In the course of a trial, witnesses will be forced to reveal security information, staff and allies, here and internationally will not be safe.


Posted by: RayOne | November 13, 2009 1:33 PM | Report abuse

TO: JakeD @ 11:43 p.m.

Stay tuned. We'll see who has the last laugh.

GOV'T TORTURES ME WITH SILENT MICROWAVE RADIATION WEAPONS, Says Ousted Honduras Prez

http://nowpublic.com/world/govt-tortures-me-silent-microwave-weapons-ousted-s-prez

Posted by: scrivener50 | November 13, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

LOL

Posted by: JakeD | November 13, 2009 11:43 AM | Report abuse


URGENT TO: TEAM OBAMA / D. AXELROD / R. EMANUEL / R. GIBBS / JAY CARNEY / A.G. HOLDER (staff, pls. fwd.):

Did this rogue program help drive the Ft. Hood shooter to kill? Has microwave/laser torture been done to Gitmo and Bagram detainees to induce exhaustion, weakness, confusion, and life-altering injury and disease?

SECRET MULTI-AGENCY FED PROGRAM TORTURES, IMPAIRS, PERSECUTES THOUSANDS OF U.S. CITIZENS WITH NATIONWIDE SILENT MICROWAVE/LASER WEAPONS SYSTEMS, LOCAL VIGILANTISM:
JOURNALIST VICTOR LIVINGSTON

• Secret Service Director Mark Sullivan

• FEMA Director Craig Fugate

• NSA Director Lt. Gen. Keith Alexander

• DIA Director Maj. Gen. Michael Maples

• DOJ Asst. Atty. Gen./National Security David Kris

• CIA Deputy Director Stephen Kappes

• FBI Director Robert Mueller

TEAM OBAMA, CONGRESS MUST ASK:

What do they know -- and when did they know it?

JOURNO TO FBI: TAKE CONTROL OF DHS-RUN FUSION CENTERS
TO STOP SILENT MICROWAVE / LASER ATTACKS ON U.S. CITIZENS

http://nowpublic.com/world/gestapo-usa-govt-funded-vigilante-network-terrorizes-ameria
OR http://NowPublic.com/scrivener RE: "GESTAPO USA"

Posted by: scrivener50 | November 13, 2009 9:05 AM | Report abuse

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2010 The Washington Post Company