Limbaugh taken to Honolulu hospital after reporting chest pains

By Anne E. Kornblut
HONOLULU - Radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh was brought by ambulance to the hospital here on Wednesday after experiencing chest pains, according to a local television station.

Limbaugh's Web site later said he "is resting comfortably after suffering chest pains."

Most of the island's focus over the holidays has been on President Obama, who is vacationing with his family and a group of friends in a residential waterfront neighborhood.

But Limbaugh has been staying a short distance from the Obamas, at the Kahala Hotel and Resort, according to local news accounts. The conservative radio host was spotted on a golf course next to his hotel earlier in the week. On Wednesday night, KITV reported, Limbaugh was taken in serious condition to the Queen's Medical Center in Honolulu.

Obama spent Wednesday with his family at a luau at a friend's home across the island. He is not the only prominent Democrat in the state: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is also spending Christmas and New Year's in Hawaii, although she is on the big island of Hawaii, not Oahu.

By Anne E. Kornblut  |  December 30, 2009; 11:48 PM ET
Categories:  44 The Obama Presidency
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Democrats: GOP politicizing failed airline bombing
Next: Obama begins receiving assessments of intelligence failures

Comments

Rush hour @ the island state international airport must be heavy this morning.
Or was that the local hospital?

Posted by: RayOne | January 4, 2010 10:52 AM | Report abuse

To all you Dittoheads: I'm sorry but I do not have compassion for people who try to make this world, uglier, more hateful. And people who distort the truth for monetary gain.

JRM2- Could you provide us some examples of hateful ugly speech that Rush gives on his program or otherwise? I can provide PLENTY on behalf of obama, pelosi, reid, dean, and biden. And heres the thing even if Rush did talk hate on his program, which he dosnet and you would know if you listed to the program rather than the alphabet networks opinion of it, he does not have any power to legislate or effect any laws, taxes, bills, etc that have direct impact on the american people. The people I cited of which I can give examples of THEIR hate speech, can.
DM

Posted by: dmgore101 | January 3, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

So I am sorry, but I have not tears for Rush Limbaugh and his current medical condition.

Posted by: JRM2 | January 3, 2010 3:14 AM | Report abuse

Rush hateful and vile comments are bitting back at him.

GOD does not like UGLY.

Posted by: K2007
=============

Sounds like you speak from experience.

Posted by: WestTexan2008 | January 2, 2010 10:56 PM | Report abuse

Wow there are a lot of hate-filled, vitriolic, self-loathing libs here. You won, get over it - remember? Totally making me laugh though. :-)

Posted by: leeanthonyva | January 2, 2010 5:39 PM | Report abuse

Rush, Oh, I mean this is just like "too easy,"

Why were you were in such a "foreign," "strange" place as Hawaii? Maybe Florida or the Caribbean would have suited you better.

Heal!

Posted by: em_doyle | January 1, 2010 9:33 PM | Report abuse

Wow I'm really impressed with how tolerant the left is. Way to practice what you preach guys!

Let the vitriol commence...

Posted by: dmgore101 | January 1, 2010 7:38 PM | Report abuse

Rush Limbaugh is a stooge for the puppets. Ted Turner is pulling his chain. Rush is an entertainer. A Barnum and Bailey circus clown. He talks rehtoric. Anyone that is that gulible to take everything he says as gospel truth is light minded and the wind blows through their head.

Posted by: nunes1silverspoon | January 1, 2010 5:14 PM | Report abuse

I want Rush to live through the next seven years of Obama's Presidency.

There is nothing like an angry racist blathering dishonest nonsense, inciting hate among fellow racists but being rejected every step of the way by most Americans.

Posted by: HumanSimpleton | January 1, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Oooh C'mon man!!!! I wish this happened to Dick Cheney, but Rush is not a bad choice either.

Posted by: BOBSTERII | January 1, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

" I HOPE PRESIDENT FAILS "
Rush Limbaugh

RESPOND;
He he he he he he!!!!

Posted by: BOBSTERII | January 1, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

"When Rush speaks the U.S. listens.
Posted by: ravioliman6666 | December 31, 2009 7:11 PM |"
-----------
No, actually a small fraction of people who need their daily hate-fix and are mostly made up of ignorant racists listen when he speaks.

Rush does not speak for this or any other nation.

Posted by: JRM2 | January 1, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

"Get well soon, Rush! You generally speak for me.

Posted by: rocco411"
-----
May I recommend trying "thinking for yourself"?

Posted by: JRM2 | January 1, 2010 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Limbaugh, I hope you have a stroke: not big enough to make a stupid martyr out of you, but just enough to silence the vile hatred that spews from your mouth three hours a day, every day of the week. You are divisive in a world that needs to come together and America will do much better when you finally croak.

Posted by: ProgressiveinFlorida | January 1, 2010 2:37 AM | Report abuse

Get well soon, Rush! You generally speak for me.

Posted by: rocco411 | December 31, 2009 8:24 PM | Report abuse

I am an atheist but I prayed for the death of rush and it half came through so I guess now I am half atheist

Posted by: baddog123 | December 31, 2009 8:23 PM | Report abuse

Look at this way.... 50 years from now the history books will be waxing nostalgic about this man much the same way my history books went on-and-on about Carl Menkin (not the correct spelling) and other newspapermen of the Golden Days of print journalism.

When Rush speaks the U.S. listens.

The man has a huge following..give him credit for that.

Posted by: ravioliman6666 | December 31, 2009 7:11 PM | Report abuse

He really is no worse than the ill-informed people who listen to his broadcasts and worship him. Instead of developing reading skills and trying to educate themselves on complicated questions of national import, they need him to reduce everything down to one simple sentence so they get a sense of which side they are on, be they correct or incorrect with their ill-informed quickie answers. Just like it's not the government' fault the country is in so much debt. It's what the people want. They want new houses, new cars , big screen TV, college for their kids, gambling and vacations. They want great highways , but they don't want to pay for it now. They want to wage war, but not pay for it. And then they want all the debt gone.And the majority of people you couldn't trust with your billfold for 30 seconds.

Posted by: majorteddy | December 31, 2009 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Where, oh where, would all of Rush's poor,lost semi-literatate, hateful, venom filled sheep be without their marshmallow leader?

Posted by: majorteddy | December 31, 2009 6:01 PM | Report abuse

Constant, seething hate does real, measurable damage to a heart (cortisol is a killer in many ways).

It's no wonder Mr. Limbaugh's ticker is in bad shape.

Posted by: B2O2 | December 31, 2009 4:20 PM | Report abuse

"rush did not mock fox. what rush said was the shaking on the commerical was far in excess of what fox showed in real life a few days before and after the commercial was made.nice try lefty." Posted by: infantry11b4faus
____________________________________

Rush definitely did mock Fox. From what I remember, Fox's shakes were his natural state, which could be controlled to a degree. I know Rush is clever and articulate in ways - to bad he's demented and mean as a snake.

By the way, Rush hates the poor and people who work for a living. To call Rush on his twisted mind-set has nothing to do with being a "Lefty" or "Righty."

Posted by: mperezm | December 31, 2009 4:12 PM | Report abuse

"I'm glad the left is revealing itself through these comments as composed of the hate-filled, narrow-minded bigots everyone suspected they were." Posted by: emcook
_____________________________________

Sure! You reap what you sow, emcook. Rush spews venom 24/7 so he's going to get it back in some form.

Remember Rush mocking Michael J. Fox because of Fox's Parkinson Syndrome symptoms of shaking? Rush got a big kick out of that and said M. Fox was faking. Rush has a nasty streak a mile wide. He's nasty and proud of it.

Posted by: mperezm | December 31, 2009 3:57 PM | Report abuse

If Jesus were here what would Rush say? He'd call Jesus a "Liberal Socialist Commie" and Rush's ditto-heads would demand that Jesus be crucified. No doubt about that!!!

Posted by: mperezm | December 31, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse

I am so glad that I finally understand the true depth of liberal depravity.. Sets the tone for future spirited "discussions"

Posted by: Straightline

-----------------

Ah, another example of conservo revisionist history.

Posted by: washpost18 | December 31, 2009 3:25 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if Satan will put an apple in Limbaugh's mouth before roasting him?

The Hawaiian luau aspect would add a bit of humor to the process and the apple would keep Limbaugh from talking.

Posted by: Ms_Morgan | December 31, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

I am so glad that I finally understand the true depth of liberal depravity..

Sets the tone for future spirited "discussions"

Posted by: Straightline | December 31, 2009 2:40 PM | Report abuse

All the best Rushbo. If there is a bright side it's that you had your problem before Obamacare kicks in. You'd be a goner for sure..

Posted by: wewintheylose | December 31, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Stop posting comments about how you want Rush Limbaugh to suffer and die.

You people give Liberals and Democrats in general a very bad name.

Personally, I can't stand the man but wishing him pain and death is just plain evil.

Stop giving Republicans another reason to point fingers.

Posted by: tracyblat | December 31, 2009 2:00 PM | Report abuse

To: Bbruce22 on your post below. You guys just don't get it. Obama's views and Pig Man's are so significantly different that each man should not be mentioned in the same paragraph. Pig Man is not a human being. He is; a thing, an it, a particle, a cell, a speck of slime. He has no resemblence to any living thing that has ever walked, crawled or swam on this planet or any planet in any universe that is known or unknown. He is something that needs to be destroyed because he is not like anything that has come before us or after us.

*************************************

I love Rush; hope he recovers fast. Why wish someone dead just because you differ with their political views?

I vigorously oppose Obama and am against big government, but i sure don's wish ill will toward him, or others whose political opinion I disagree with.

Posted by: bruce22 | December 31, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: joseph_charles | December 31, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

bruce 22 "Grow up and learn how to debate. You don't debate by name calling. As soon as you do, you have just lost the debate."

That's hilarious...or is that your way of acknowledging that Rush loses all of his "debates"?

Posted by: LindaL1 | December 31, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

If Jesus were to post here, what do you think he would write?

I am thinking he would say. Your are forgiven-repent and sin no more. Stop stirring up hatred and discontent-Love your neighbor! Do not store up riches on earth where it can be consumed but store up riches in heaven. And other things of this nature.

Posted by: cdierd1944 | December 31, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

May all you haters suffer eternal pain.

Posted by: MRGB | December 31, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Being liberal in no way precludes one from feeling hatred toward this vile piece of sh*t and hoping that we never have to hear his voice again. He's a cancer on American society and rational thought.

Posted by: sterlingmo7 | December 31, 2009 1:52 PM | Report abuse

If Jesus were to post here, what do you think he would write?

Posted by: ihave4ducks | December 31, 2009 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Irresponsible, false syllogism, comparing Limbaugh to Kennedy.

Teddy Kennedy made a fatal mistake and spent his life trying to make up for it. He never preached hatred or intolerance. Instead, he tried to make things better for the least privileged among us. I would bet you or yours have in some way benefited from Mr. Kennedy's work.

Rush on the other hand is a mud-thrower, who only creates heat, not light, with his on-air discourses. I would be surprised if he has contributed anything, other than mean-spirited entertainment, to our culture or society. He actively preaches division, and spreads misinformation and anti-scientific thinking. He divides Americans from each other, instead of uniting them.

There is nothing in common between these two men.

Posted by: bscottparker | December 31, 2009 1:48 PM | Report abuse

I despise Rush Limbaugh, but he is a human being. To my fellow liberals, I say let's be compassionate, as I think that is the one word that should describe us. Last week in a comment to the article about Griffith leaving the Dems for the Republican Party, I equaled Republicans to scumbags, and that was wrong. I apologize. Now let's all try to resolve to be a bit more civil for the new year. We have a lot of problems to solve together. Rush, I hope you get well soon.

Posted by: JMATT5 | December 31, 2009 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: moemongo

That is what happens when you lead the life of a bloated pig. Live like a pig, die like a pig. Good riddance!

-------------------------------------------

Oh come on now. Teddy Kennedy was by no means a good man and certainly not rubbing elbows with St Peter but... does he really deserve this? Have some respect for the DEAD

Posted by: Straightline | December 31, 2009 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bruce22 | December 31, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Death and destruction to that evil pig

Posted by: robertrawls | December 31, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

wow, no bad karma here today. Illness isnt conservative or liberal, people. Lets hope he survives to change.

Posted by: stephenbach | December 31, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: moemongo | December 31, 2009 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: emcook | December 31, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

We really can't blame Rush. He is and always has been an entertainer, not a politician, not an official representative of the Republican party. Rush has found a niche where he can make money by voicing the intolerant, regressive views that many, many of our fellow Americans want to hear. Rush himself is doing what many entertainers would do - he's giving his people what they want! Our job as liberals is not to hate Rush, but to discredit his message. Our job is to enlighten our fellow Americans so that they are less receptive to the mistruths, thinly veiled racism, and retrograde thinking Rush spews out over the airwaves. I don't love the man, but he has family that love and depend on him. I would never wish him ill. I do wish that tolerance and understanding were able to draw the kinds of audiences that bigotry and naked self interest do. It is our job to defeat Rush and his ilk in the marketplace of ideas, not to wish him away through illness or other catastrophe.

Posted by: bscottparker | December 31, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse

I cant believe that evil bast-ard is in Hawaii. Most criminals don't go back to the seen of their crimes. Especially when it involved grandma..

Posted by: Straightline | December 31, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Damn it, can't ANYTHING good happen in this decade???

Posted by: Impeachbush99 | December 31, 2009 1:28 PM | Report abuse

It would be nice if Limbaugh recovered, read these comments, and then died know what people really think of him.

Posted by: Ms_Morgan | December 31, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Satan please accept this DJ as a token offering... more to come.

Posted by: whocares666 | December 31, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Let's be like him! Nah, let's not!

He is not a hypocrite. Or so he claims. So, let's be like him. Let's wish him failure in his recovery. Unfortunately, he gets paid oodles of money for being outrageous and malicious, while we get nothing but a hollow feeling of self-loathing.

Posted by: gugsah | December 31, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Rush hateful and vile comments are bitting back at him.

GOD does not like UGLY.

Posted by: K2007 | December 31, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Actually this is a cover-up. Rush was actually harpooned while swimming in the ocean by a fisherman who mistook him for a large sperm whale. And this story that I have posted has as much truth as any of Rush's stories.

Posted by: kycol2 | December 31, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

I don't wish death on many folks. It doesn't seem productive or kind towards others. But since Limbaugh is neither, let's just say I wouldn't be upset if he departed this world.

Posted by: ravensfan20008 | December 31, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

The best New Year present to start the new decade of the Century XXI. A decease parasite of society will be missed by people of his own kind, racists , lovers of bigotry, and the most amazing thing brain dead. Because I do not believe that somebody with so much abuse to its own body can thing clear. Limbaugh abuses his own body as he abuses the human race. he does not love anybody including himself, although sometimes makes exception for his deranged ego. The whole planet could keep writing for hours but this elements of the human race do not deserve more than the lines we already posted

Posted by: Disclose | December 31, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Don't take it seriously, Rush guy, only liberals worry about diet, you know that. Have another pizza! Smoke some more cigars! What's a little chest pain for a big tough guy like you? John Candy dropped dead at 40 but no worries, it was just a fluke no doubt. Have a nice funeral. Soon please.

Posted by: hairguy01 | December 31, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Ship the cowardly dog to Afghanistan if he survives..

Posted by: VietVet68 | December 31, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Limbaugh,Beck,Bush,Cheney,Rove,Dalia Lama, GOP in general, are all birds of a feather. Whatta a drag it is wishing others ill! I had hoped our Government would have put these people in jail or ignored.

Posted by: thomascanada | December 31, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

You mean he didn't die. DAMN.

Posted by: jataga5000 | December 31, 2009 1:23 PM | Report abuse

I thought he was died some time ago.

Posted by: K2007 | December 31, 2009 1:22 PM | Report abuse

If I were Pig Man's doctor this would be my treatment. Take twelve cigar's a day, 30 Oxi Contin's (super strength please), have a nice meal of seval pounds of Smithfield ribs (extra spicy), a nice dose of meth, a smidge of cocaine, and sevearal scotch's. Then call my brother in law, the mortician in the morning.

Since Pig Man has been on this "medicine" for years he should have no problem with my recommendation for his treatment.

AMF, my Pig Man friend. WE hope 2010 is without you.

Posted by: joseph_charles | December 31, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

I don't wish him any Ill. Just wish he would stop talking through his behind. Your heart is telling you something

Posted by: brandonesque | December 31, 2009 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Thankfully the Washington Post has a set that Huffington doesn't.
Huffington won't allow people to say what they really think. They are afraid of what Fox might say. Weak, Weak, Weak.
Die you fat pill popping dog. I want him to know how much he is despised, it might make him think about his place in this world, hopefully his place will be short.

Posted by: P_Henry | December 31, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

The book The Psychology of Socialism says “A man is not a socialist without hating some person or thing.”

That sure is what we see here. It seems that the Left needs hate to tie their movement together. Hate is all you guys have. Hate Bush, Hate Palin, Hate Limbaugh. Wish them all dead.

Democrats—the party of hate. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Oops—too late!

Posted by: NormReisig | December 31, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Limbaugh could redeem an otherwise dismal decade by kicking the bucket before midnight tonight.

Posted by: Ms_Morgan | December 31, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Time to make sure he gets all his amphetamines.

Posted by: majorteddy | December 31, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Farewell assh---! Keep popping your pills,
and with any luck your ticker will explode and we will be done with your poison.

Posted by: Sirius2 | December 31, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

"These posts are a perfect example of the compassion of "liberals" Nonsense! Liberalism has a lot to do with intellectual reasoning. The compassion of liberals is not for hate mongers, racists, fascists, and xenophobes. We do not have compassion for the enemy that destroys humanity from inside—we destroy them just as we work to destroy cancer. Rush is that cancer.

Posted by: atm2 | December 31, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Rush is a hateful person whose show fans the flames of ignorance and division in America. History will not look kindly on his contributions to society. On a personal level, I wish him well, just as I would wish anyone well. I don't want to live in a country where we're eager to see our political opponents dead.

Posted by: jeffwacker | December 31, 2009 1:11 PM | Report abuse

COME ON, FATSO, DO AMERICA A FAVOR AND DIE!

Posted by: Garak | December 31, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

I will agree with others that it's not very nice to post hateful things about a person who is having a life-threatening health crisis or passed on. But I find it hypocritical that conservatives would take offense to ANY nasty comment posted here about Rush Limbelch after having witnessed more than 6,000 awfully hateful comments from conservatives after the death of Ted Kennedy. What goes around comes around. Hateful speech ain't pretty, is it?

Posted by: dlpetersdc | December 31, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

nice try lefty.

Posted by: infantry11b4faus
********************************************
There's a difference, fool?

Posted by: st50taw | December 31, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

While real unemployment is at 18% because of Obama and Pelosi---Obama and Pelosi are partying it up on the taxpayers dime.

The both of them never earned a real living their entire sick, disgusting lives.

Posted by: charko825 | December 31, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Typical libs (er, sorry... "Progressives"), if it weren't for your blind, searing hatred of everyone who disagrees with you, you folks would have no reason to get out of bed in the morning.

Posted by: Regis09 | December 31, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

That's what he gets for stalking the President...I don't hope his doctor fails, I hope his (doctor's) patient fails, lol...

Posted by: Beingsensible | December 31, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

I'm lovin' this! If we lose El Blubbo, it will be Keith Olbermann who will take this hardest. He'd have to take down the 'bouncing boob' Chyron illo and lose his biggest (!) Worst Person candidate!

Rush, you are a monument to both wonder of free speech and the stupidity of the under-informed in America. Don't die, Rush! That will leave us with Hannity and Beck. Beck's funny and stupid, Hannity tragic and stupid. Blubbo has both in one. And then there is BillO who is just...stupid. That leads to a real dichotomy: how much do we really want him to go????

To answer the question posed by a few of the lurkers: We liberals have not begun to espouse hate; we love America and simply want haters like Limbaugh sufficiently disabled that he will no longer have his voice of hate directed at our beloved country and its first duly elected leader in nearly a decade.

Posted by: BobfromLI | December 31, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Can't stand the man's politics - almost everything out of mouth is nasty, just plan nasty.
BUT, he's a fellow soul so I was him good health and hopefully a change of heart!

Posted by: aypub | December 31, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

I guess he's got to get his prescriptions somehow, but I really hate to hear that El Blimpo is resting comfortably.

Posted by: jlhare1 | December 31, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Does my heart good to see all the hate and venom directed toward ole Rushbo. I had hoped I wasn't in a minority that hoped to see that old b__tard in hell soon. Doesn't seem that way, does it, dittohead retards? Couldn't happen to anyone who deserves it more. Unless it's Dick Cheney. Wait until that old S_B has his next "episode".

Loving it.

Posted by: jrw1 | December 31, 2009 12:55 PM | Report abuse

"From the info being transmitted in these posts, the biggest thing the Democrats have going for them is Rush. He spawns hatred like nobody else I have ever seen."

And last week it was Palin. And the month before that Hannity. Next week it'll be Palin conservos are bleating about again. At least you clowns are sticking to what you're good at - kindergarten level entertainment. Even the conservative rage machine is running out of fuel. Enjoy the self-marginalization, losers!

Posted by: washpost18 | December 31, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

To you folks moaning about people saying mean things about Rush: As usual it's do as I say, not do as I do. Just the normal republican hypocrisy, business as usual.

Posted by: larry9 | December 31, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Flush Rimbowl is circling the drain.

Posted by: johng1 | December 31, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

The fat pig is probably still poping pills!

Posted by: bobby20 | December 31, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

I'm definitely no fan, but I hope he recovers.

That said, I must also point out the delicious irony in the fact that he was treated and taken to the hospital by publically-funded EMS personnel (i.e. socialism).

Posted by: samfsuox | December 31, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

I've got my fingers crossed, Rush.

Posted by: oxhead1 | December 31, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

rushbo you get the healthcare you deserve~ very appropriate for ya!

Posted by: neec13 | December 31, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abuse

"Fat Bastard should be dead. Whe you do go Rush, please take Hannity, Beck, Cheney's, Ruppert Murdock, Gingrich, Rove and the GOP with you please."

Sure you didn't leave anyone out of your hate filled tirade? Like conservatives, moderates, small children, the elderly, blue eyed women, tall men, etc? You need some help, buddy.

Actually, the poster left out right wing trolls who take our dislike of specific hate-talk hosts and deliberately try to misinterpret it into generalized prejudice against entire classes of people.

Here's my point: we DO hate those who hate others. I'll add Bush, Cheney, Rove, Rumsfeld and Rice to the list of specific people we DO hate, because they got so many thousands of innocent people killed.

You can come back and say I hate all conservatives or something like that, but just you saying it doesn't make it true.

Posted by: sheaftosser | December 31, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

nice try lefty.

Posted by: infantry11b4faus | December 31, 2009 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Hey, I remember Rush mocking Michael J. Fox for having Parkinson's Disease. Rush laughed at him and said he was faking his symptoms. Rush is a true hater and you reap what you sow.

Posted by: mperezm | December 31, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

I hate Rush thoroughly, but I find it offensive to hope the guy dies or suffers. If we do that, we are just as despicable as Rush, Cheney, and the rest of the wingnuts.

So, get better Rush (you SOB)

Posted by: maggots | December 31, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

I don't wish any ill toward any man, including Boss Limbelch. But when his time does indeed come, I'm looking forward to the opportunity to stand outside his funeral service with a protest sign similar to those held by those bast@rds from Westboro Baptist Church proclaiming that it's "God's Revenge on Hateful People," or some other wacko saying similar to the followers of Rush would do. What goes around comes around, and from what I gather, there's a lot of Rush to round!

Posted by: dlpetersdc | December 31, 2009 12:34 PM | Report abuse

I do hope that the bulk of these comments are not a true indicator of the state of our country. If they are, we're in serious trouble.

Posted by: ygbrown2001 | December 31, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

RIP RASHBALLS.

Posted by: K2007 | December 31, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Fat Bastard should be dead. Whe you do go Rush, please take Hannity, Beck, Cheney's, Ruppert Murdock, Gingrich, Palin, Rove and the rest of the GOP with you please.

The world will be a better place.

Posted by: A-Voter | December 31, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

All that hatred stored in a heart that was one size too small to start with. Hate will kill you Rush. Do you need anymore proof. Hate 24/7 could be his tomb stone words. Sad little man. I suspect this will not kill him nor make him slow down. He is still building that special place in a special part of hell.

Posted by: patisok | December 31, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

wish him well????

i'd come closer to wishing pol pot or idi amin all the best. as far as i know, they had no designs on the american constituion.

Posted by: jimfilyaw | December 31, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

You reap what you sow. Rush has spewed venom for years so naturally he's going to get it back. He hates the poor and hard working people.

If he had lived in Nazi Germany he would have been competing with Joseph Goebbels. Limbaugh has way too much hate coursing through his veins and his followers are addicted too his sickness.

Posted by: mperezm | December 31, 2009 12:25 PM | Report abuse

The hatred on display here is astounding. Many of you appear to have opportunities for a New Year's Resolution. Half of you probably drive around with "Tolerance" bumper stickers on.

Posted by: MyOhMy | December 31, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

I knew when I heard that evil bas-tard was in Hawaii that something bad would happen.

Glad everything worked out OK and that RUSH is doing well!

Posted by: Straightline | December 31, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

limbaugh had been swimming and was first noticed by a whale-watching boat whose crew at first thought they were witnessing the death throes of a blue whale afflicted with painful anal cysts.
They only realized their mistake when rush cursed after the boat's captain prodded his blubber with a grappling hook.

Posted by: tontosage | December 31, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

From the info being transmitted in these posts, the biggest thing the Democrats have going for them is Rush. He spawns hatred like nobody else I have ever seen. He probably contributed at least 2% to Obama's victory margin. Republicans are their own worse enemy by allowing this clown to be associated with their party. He is an excellent entertainer who has become wealthy by dividing and polarizing the country. In any event, he is a human being and I wish him well.

Posted by: gvelanis | December 31, 2009 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rbpjlh5
=========================

Why yes, the medicine you've been dishing all this time IS quite bitter isn't it?

As for the fringes, As I understand it, YOU were consigned to the wilderness ( where YOU rightly belong.)

The shoe is NOW on the other foot, and these boots were made for walking.

Well, I came here to kick dirt on Rush's grave and chew gum.. and I'm fresh out of gum.

Deal with it.

Posted by: BellsBlu2 | December 31, 2009 12:22 PM | Report abuse

The world will be a better place.

Posted by: A-Voter | December 31, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

The sorosites and acornites who post here represent "Hope and change" in its purest form.

Posted by: EliPeyton | December 31, 2009 12:17 PM | Report abuse

If all the right wingers died at once, it would be a busy day at the gates of h@ll.

Posted by: msmart2 | December 31, 2009 12:14 PM | Report abuse

I hope he fails.

Posted by: temuchin | December 31, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Great photo op for Obama, go visit Rush in hospital. Maybe even donate blood in case Rush needs a transfusion.

Posted by: hawkman55 | December 31, 2009 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Rush is back on pain pills, what a surprise.
When you are a spoiled, self absorbed narcissist,
your tolerance for pain is very low.
Rush will continue speaking out for things he believes in, specifically, for not having to do anything that he doesn't want to. He calls that "freedom" but I call it arrested development.

Posted by: rkerg | December 31, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

While I wish him no harm.... Like the tinman from Oz he needs a heart....and like the scarecrow he needs a brain.....

Posted by: steve44122 | December 31, 2009 12:07 PM | Report abuse

I hope that fat racist bastard dies.

Posted by: normalPerson | December 31, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

you may want to throw out that box of Cuban Cohíba Siglos Cheney gave you for Christmas.

I know the thought may hurt as much as those chest pains a couple of days ago.

but you of all people knows Cheney has some "left behinds" still in place to reach out and touch those nearest and dearest—as in keed you friends close and your enemies closer—and Cheney's enemies list starts with those in his own party that are forgetting their place.

Cheney is the once and still king-maker of the GOP and you have just been reminded of that fact.

Rush ole boy you are just getting a little too independent and Cheney knows the power of the agitprop microphone you were licensed for—helll he signed off on it.

so take the hint dump those cigars and you might want to think of giving up the habit all together—they provide entry to those who mean you harm and most importantly can actually do you harm.

get well Rush, the teabagger clowns miss you and will be rudderless without you—you will always have that franchise.

Posted by: hughmaine | December 31, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: summicron1 | December 31, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

considering that mr limbaugh et all have made no secret of their wish that those they oppose suffer illness or worse, i see no problem at all with seeing the same thing befall him. the only thing conservatives (I use the term loosely) are offended by is that someone else is stealing their methods. That and, I suppose, they are puzzled that supposedly weenied touchy feely liberals aren't expressing sympathy.

Posted by: summicron1 | December 31, 2009 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Why was Rush in Hawaii, so close to his "Kenyan" nemesis? Perhaps, knowing the end was near, had he come to seek Obama's forgiveness? Maybe two miracles are at work: a favorable change of heart and a favorable change of cardiac prognosis. Might the world witness at last a humble, magnaminous, and amiable Limbaugh?

I doubt it, but wish him recovery anyway. Doctors will make him eschew cigars, fatty foods, and meth; and insist that he lose weight, exercise, and control anger--like a librul. That, Rush listeners certainly know, will gall their hero worse than death.

Posted by: jkoch2 | December 31, 2009 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Rush has lied about the size of his listening audience and one of the parent companies is bankrupt. Rush should have a heart attack.

Posted by: kevten | December 31, 2009 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Please note: Some of the very same posters who wished death upon Teddy Kennedy when news reports of his last illness in August first appeared are now decrying posters who wish the same upon Rush. What a bunch of hypocrites.

For whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Posted by: pfallsgirl | December 31, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

"These posts are a perfect example of the compassion of "liberals". Makes me so proud to be a conservative, and renews my commitment to do whatever is necessary to reduce you libs to the fringes of our society, which is exactly where you belong."

Bad news for you buddy. Rush's dittoheads are (according to Pew in Feb'09):

72% male
49% over 50 yrs old
64% without a college degree

Now, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that demographic or being a part of it- but do you really think it's going to push everyone else to the "fringe" in the coming years? Not a chance, that version of America is gone and it's not coming back.

Posted by: divi3 | December 31, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

A-Voter wrote:

Posted by: rbpjlh5 | December 31, 2009 11:56 AM | Report abuse

maybe he'll have a conversion experience when he learns the great nurse who's taking such good care of him is a Liberal

Posted by: autboy | December 31, 2009 11:56 AM | Report abuse

The world will be a better place.

Posted by: A-Voter | December 31, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

The world will be a better place.

Posted by: A-Voter | December 31, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse

These are the same people that cried bloody murder when someone, I think two people was praying that Byrd would not make it to the senate to vote on the healthcare bill. You libs are so predictable, not a caring heart in the lot. Rush makes you mad because sometimes he hits the truth and it hurts.

Posted by: dy19spider57 | December 31, 2009 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Amen sarahabc. But you know he'll spin it as something that Obama is trying to take away from us.

Posted by: BigtrainRR | December 31, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Interesting the total lack of self-control he has shown over the years becoming an obese sack of lard prone to death by heart attack. The very same person who preaches for 20yrs about individual responsibility and liberals as "children at daycare" is the man who for his very life cant stop consuming so much, exercise, and lose weight.

Beck is packing on the lard as well, maybe there's a correlation here.

Posted by: divi3 | December 31, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: rbpjlh5 | December 31, 2009 11:43 AM | Report abuse

It would be really nice if the experience led him to understand how lucky he is to have good health care and how unfortunate it is that so many hard-working yet lesser-paid Americans don't have the same.

Posted by: sarahabc | December 31, 2009 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Is he DEAD yet?

Come on, somebody make my DAY.

Posted by: K2007 | December 31, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Is he DEAD yet?

Come on, somebody make my DAY.

Posted by: K2007 | December 31, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

You know times are hard when the devil doesn't even want you!!! Vote Rush Limbaugh for No-Hell Peace Prize.

Posted by: born2win | December 31, 2009 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Too bad he made it to hospital! Rush is an excellent example of someone America could do without!

A New Years Wish: That we go into 2010 without Rush!

Posted by: surfer-joe | December 31, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

No worries Rush fans, he can afford the best healthcare available. Unlike most if not all of his listeners and the rest of us.

Posted by: BigtrainRR | December 31, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Most likely the first sincere good wishes The Man of Hate
gets will be from President Obama and First Lady Michele.

Hate meets Goodness.
BP Off the Charts!

Posted by: MidwestMiddie | December 31, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

If this vile excuse of an American passes in Hawaii its as close to paradise as he will get. I wonder how long it would take the traitor from from Down Under at Fox Network to create another slime.

Posted by: fare777 | December 31, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Let's all pray to our Lord, Jesus Christ, that a certain fat, bloated, drug addict piece of human feces never gets behind a microphone again.

Posted by: VeloStrummer | December 31, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

At least the doctors can rule out a heart attack, as having a heart is one of the prerequisites for it.

Posted by: FergusonFoont | December 31, 2009 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Limbaugh deserves precisely as much compassion as he shows for others.

ZERO.

Posted by: st50taw | December 31, 2009 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Bite me Rush and than go RIP.

Posted by: K2007 | December 31, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

BTW, are there any moderators at the Washington Post, or, do you agree with the hate from the Left?

Posted by: NCDevil
*******************************************
Rush is the King of Hate. He invented the televised version, did he not? Can you name anyone similar before him?

You cannot deny it.

You reap what you sow.

Posted by: st50taw | December 31, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Rush's death will be a good thing for America.

Glen Beck will rise to become goob fooler in chief and he will then lead the angry and ignorant crowd of tea baggers and other 23 percenters right over a cliff.

As Beck takes over, we'll see a few day care centers bombed, a few Universities shot up, but then the Republicans will take their rightful place with the American Nazis, the Extra Terrestrial Alliance, the Minute Men and other hopelessly marginalized political groups.

Posted by: Ms_Morgan | December 31, 2009 11:24 AM | Report abuse

May I point out that the folks wishing harm to befall Rush Limbaugh's health are the same ones--or at least the same philosophy-- asking us to entrust them with running and deciding your health care............

Posted by: LNER4472 | December 31, 2009 11:22 AM | Report abuse

get well dog!

the circus misses its ring maser!

piece of advice, next time Cheney sends you a fruit basket for Christmas throw it away or make sure you get a food taster to sample everything before you eat anything!

Cheney is taking back the party and he needs his place holders out of the way before they get too big for their britches.

needless to say that quail hunting trip he invited you on down in Texas first of the year, you really do want to cancel that—don't want to give him a second shot at you.

god bless and have a happy new year.

Posted by: teoc2 | December 31, 2009 11:22 AM | Report abuse

"If Rush makes it this time and continues his divisive, racist propaganda for the next few years, our country may dissolve into the second civil war and it is only anybody else’s guess where this country will emerge after the war."

You are giving Fatty way too much credit. He's just a radio host. For years it was thought that if he had 15million listeners, then 50% of American must agree with him.

As it turns out, maybe 10million agree with him and 90% of them are in a specific demographic.

He's a carnival barker, a total gas bag who pushes an ignorant bill of goods to those who already agree with him. And he's made an ungodly fortune doing it. Good for him, only in America.

Posted by: divi3 | December 31, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

DAMN, he aint DEAD YET.

What is taking so long.

I had a MERRY XMAS after all.

Posted by: K2007 | December 31, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse

I recall 15yrs ago he was going on and on about how evil liberals wanted movie theater popcorn to stop using coconut oil as one tub'corn had the same transfat as 8 Big Macs. How dare they infringe my rights!!

Wonder how he feels about that now.

Posted by: divi3 | December 31, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse

And people say Republicans are angry??? Let's hear it for change we can believe in! Love the new tone of civility now that the Dems are in power.

Posted by: gitman | December 31, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Right wing fascists are panicking that their biggest mouthpiece is almost gone. They are calling progressives as haters because these delusional Fanatics believe that we are supposed to forget, forgive, or exonerate one of the most hateful propagandists of our generation. If Rush makes it this time and continues his divisive, racist propaganda for the next few years, our country may dissolve into the second civil war and it is only anybody else’s guess where this country will emerge after the war. There is a good chance that we will emerge at the last in the world or worse! Rush’s demise will definitely strengthen our republic and fortify the spirit of our people to unite, get along, persevere, grow, and prosper.

Posted by: atm2 | December 31, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

As much as I cannot stand that gasbag, I will not behave in the hateful manner he does, and I will wish him well.

Posted by: sandnsmith | December 31, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Maybe the good Lord will take pity on us and take the blowhard.

Posted by: CopyKinetics | December 31, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

I don't wish any harm to Rush, I just wish he was in the same financial boat that most Americans are in and have these problems. Healthcare really works well if you are as rich as he is.

Posted by: BigtrainRR | December 31, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Don';t want to wish ill on anyone, so let's hope Rush is OK...

But it is awfully ironic that Limbaugh is vacationing in such a "foreign place" as Hawaii. Isn't that "un-American"?

Posted by: parkerfl1 | December 31, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Poison begats poison.Posted by: DanielF1

Peace begets peace

Posted by: houston123 | December 31, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Unfortunately no additional stimulus funding for Florida. He's not quite a "shovel ready project" yet.

Posted by: washpost18 | December 31, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Could it be that Santa saved the best gift for last? What a way to salvage the decade! Go, Rush, go! (and I do mean GO)

Posted by: tepes | December 31, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

I see where somebody named theduke89 posted earlier, "If you (leftist) people didn't have your resentments, you wouldn't have any life at all."

That is some mighty fine irony there, seeeing as how the subject is Rush Limbaugh, who made resentment a way of life, and in doing so made it fashionable and even lucrative.

Poison begats poison.

Posted by: DanielF1 | December 31, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

@mmalewitz, your're Jewish, there is no Santa Clause

Posted by: houston123 | December 31, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Rob sez: "I want to thank the Washington Post for publishing these comments, so we can truly understand the dark heart of liberals. How bizarre that these people imagine themselves compassionate and caring, when in fact they're far more mean-spirited and hateful than the conservatives they detest."

So I guess you would say your dear Republican Senator Coburn's "Pray Someone Can't Make The Vote" comment means he's a liberal?

Posted by: washpost16 | December 31, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Strange how bad things happen when Obummer is in Hawaii.

Posted by: Straightline | December 31, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

And they say there is no Santa Claus.
This could be the best New Years ever

Posted by: mmalewitz | December 31, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Rush, all the best! Get well soon!

Posted by: houston123 | December 31, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

By the way are his doctors republicans?

Posted by: mac7 | December 31, 2009 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Who is surprised--no one. Every time they would show a clip of him in the radio station ranting away,also he was always pulling on his shirt at the chest area and I said then that guy is having breathing problems and he is big time heart attack candidate. He smokes cigars and is always tackling a weight problem.

Next is that other guy Beck cause last I seen him..he sure put on the weight too. They must think they are immune to heart disease the #1killer to men if you don't take care of yourself and eat right and these guys look like they are eating the fat cow.

Posted by: mac7 | December 31, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

GarrisonLiberty:

God Bless & Be with him and his family during this time.

Attacks against his bellicose ideas will be deferred for the present & continue upon his release.

Classy Liberals

--------------------------------------

"Classy Liberals" LMAO No such critter

Posted by: Straightline | December 31, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Rush gets a whiff of sulfur and brimstone. Next, the ghost of Bob Novak will rattle his chains and appear.

It will be fun to see if Limbaugh now tries to change his ways.

Posted by: Ms_Morgan | December 31, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

MR. SNERDLY:

Can you please see that your boss gets this?

Signed: The Republican Base

-------------------------------------------

Rush is in the Hospital and it is fun time fodder for “Bloodthirsty Liberals”.

But, El Rushbo:

Please do take this time to reflect and understand your shortcomings.

1. Your Quote “Talent on loan from God.”
If I said that on the radio, God would fry me like a two-bit steak!
I doubt that you have gone unscathed. Maybe you should rethink that shtick.

2. Liberals have been pointing out your lack of academic credentials for a long time now.
You have the time. You have the money. At least, get a master’s in political science.
If I had the same means as you I would have 2Phd’s by now.

3. You talk about your show being the University of Conservatism….Yadda Yadda. Yadda.
There is a genuine need for academic programs that are at least free of socialist indoctrination. I would like to see programs that are geared to “Conservative Arts” instead of “Liberal Arts.”
You and your buddies at the Heritage Foundation can and should make this happen.

4. Your show is mostly and attempt at “Shock and Awe”.
What we really need are facts and more facts. And less “You.”

-Jim Quinn can do it. And you should be able to also.

Posted by: rexreddy | December 31, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Well, we knew the results from his wallet biopsy would be in the healthiest 1%.

Posted by: TonyR1 | December 31, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse

What really happened did my man Obama beat him in golf or was he spying on Michell he sure is a sick puppy I mean he's like the h1n1 and he sure infected a lot of people sorry for them people there is no shot for that

Posted by: mernatti123 | December 31, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse

I see that all the leftist hate-Nazis are out in force today.

If you people didn't have your resentments, you wouldn't have any life at all.

Posted by: theduke89 | December 31, 2009 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Limbaugh's lifetime maximum self-insurance must be somewhere around $400 million. That means he is unqualified to talk about mine.

Posted by: TonyR1 | December 31, 2009 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Dear lord...how out of shape and unhealthy do you have to be to suffer "chest pains" on a golf course, riding around in a cart.

Then again, a life of drug use and vitriol will age that 58 year old bloat by decades.

And for those of you ridiculing the joking about this guy, Rush has been the source of more mean spirited, unchristian, lying, rage filled hypocrisy than all the other US media "dilettantes" combined. The man has spent decades gleefully making his smarmy bed. Now I hope he is comfortable sleeping in it.

Posted by: Nosh1 | December 31, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

angrycratWrote:

And here's hoping you spend your eternity with Timothy McVeigh, the man inspired by your rhetoric to take their lives.

_________________________________________
McVeigh had his own twisted reasons for what he did.
Religion and Rush had nothing to do with it.

Posted by: rexreddy | December 31, 2009 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Just ask Chris Farley what happens to fat guys who do drugs.

Posted by: AxelDC | December 31, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

My advice to Limbaugh is to spend as much time in the sauna as possible. This won't prolong his life after a major heart attack, and it won't prevent him from degenerating into a brain damaged vegetable, but it will get him used to being in a very hot place.
===================

That's very kind of you....

I was going to suggest chucking his hospital bed into the nearest volcano.

It's more appropriate.

Posted by: BellsBlu2 | December 31, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

I wonder if he would mind if, if this happened in another few years, that his care would be financed through that medicare socialist stuff...

Posted by: j762 | December 31, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

I was looseing my faith in god, but I do not think he will mind if I feel a little happy I mean if I kept lieing like Rush day in and day out I'm sure the lord would punish me to Rush this might be the time to put all your ducks in a row REPENT YOU SOB

Posted by: mernatti123 | December 31, 2009 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Ms_Morgan | December 31, 2009 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rob_ | December 31, 2009 10:32 AM | Report abuse

A fat white male, over 55, who smokes and drinks, and who brags about eating a lot of red meat and butter, and who is angry all the time, is now suffering from severe chest pains.

For me, this brings to mind the old Counting Crows Song: It's long December and there's reason to believe that maybe this year will be better than the last.

Posted by: Ms_Morgan | December 31, 2009 10:29 AM | Report abuse

The doctor said: "Take two oxycontin, and call me in the morning."

The good news is, Rush did not have a heart attack--there's no heart to attack; it wasn't a brain attack--there's no brain to attack; that leaves only a gas attack---he's got plenty of that. It should pass soon.

Good luck in your recovery Rush.

Posted by: benighse | December 31, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

I hope he has a speedy recovery...then stops talking out his a$$

Posted by: brandonesque | December 31, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Rod Serling had "That signpost up ahead" and Rush had "That cigar box under the bed".

What do the two men have in common?

The Twilight Zone.

Rush, do the world a favor and STAY DOWN.

Posted by: BellsBlu2 | December 31, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Rush took too many of those pain pills for his poor hurting back and got scared, he thought he OD'ed. In a panic he called 911. Now the fat drug addicted leader of the American Taliban is getting his fix through an IV in a Hawaiian hospital.
I wish I had a fat drug addict with no perceivable talent other than being able to whip a pack of morons into a frenzy as a hero/leader.

Posted by: brattykathyi1 | December 31, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

God Bless & Be with him and his family during this time.

Classy Liberals

Posted by: GarrisonLiberty | December 31, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

I may disagree strongly with someone but I would never wish death on them. Stay classy liberals. These are the same folks who want to run your health care. Nice.

Posted by: luca_20009 | December 31, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

The doctor said: "Take two oxycontin, and call me in the morning."

Good luck in your recovery Rush.

Posted by: benighse | December 31, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Rush Limbaugh ? Chest pains? Nawww,we couldnt get that lucky! But,in case we do:Rot in hell you swine !

Posted by: hyroller56 | December 31, 2009 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Who cares??

Posted by: Bob22003 | December 31, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

TheGrimReaper.com is coming for you.

Posted by: tuzoner | December 31, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Why is it that someone dies every time Obama visits Hawaii?

Remember how his grandmother conviently dropped dead? The only one here that could reveal Obama's real identity? where he was really born? who his real father was?

How odd that Rush is sent to the hospital in serious condition when only a few blocks from the Obamas. . . don't ya think?

Voo Doo in Hawaii.

Posted by: immigrantjustice | December 31, 2009 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Rush has chest pains?

What are they giving him for it?

Oxicontin?

There's still time for him to make the years list of celebrities who are no longer alive, but he's better hurry.... Times running out.

Posted by: BellsBlu2 | December 31, 2009 10:14 AM | Report abuse

It seems as though everyone is enjoying the comfort of Hawaii, that's fine. I read a article yesterday from a conservative, Obama is in another country ????

Posted by: shipfreakbo214 | December 31, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Wow, I'm fairly astonished at the lack of compassion for another human being. I wish I knew which side started it all (a piece in last weeks Newsweek atributed it to Mr. Gingrich), but a couple of things to think about. First, Dems should be ashamed because if you have read or followed the message of your De Facto leader, President Obama, you would appreciate that this is exactly the kind of incendiary noise that he is bent on extinguishing from public debate. And second (as Olberman has pointed out), there is a level of stupidity evident in all of this rancor in that both sides fail to appreciate that Dumbo and Beck, while genuine in their alarm-button-pushing-attacks, are genuine only up to a point. After that it's all schtick. It's theatre, It's about the money. And shame on both sides for not seeing through that.

Posted by: csneed4719 | December 31, 2009 10:07 AM | Report abuse

May he explode already!

Posted by: alarico | December 31, 2009 10:07 AM | Report abuse

We see foul mouth is a little ill. Perhaps this is a signal to consider retirement and live off the millions you bamboozled from your bigoted, narrow minded supporters. Then you could enjoy your illegal drugs away from public scrutiny…

Posted by: wolfewalk | December 31, 2009 10:05 AM | Report abuse

FLASH FLASH
Glen Beck just admitted in to a lunatic ward, we will have more information shortly. What a disastrous day for the right, Limbaugh with a heart attack and Beck going insane.

Posted by: shipfreakbo214 | December 31, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Russ "Meds" Limbaugh is faking it. He simply wants to rip off some of that el dopo they gave to the perfectly healthy fraud that Russ managed to expose last year, Michael J.Fox.

Posted by: allando | December 31, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

I can honestly say without equivocation as a progressive who can't stand the guy and detests his ugly shaky wiggle and disregard for other less fortunate and hardworking individuals that I feel just as bad that Rush is hospitalized as I would if something happened to Dick Cheney.

Posted by: majorteddy | December 31, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

sniffing too much coke. He went to Hawaii to look for a boyfriend. I hope the fat a$$ rotten in HAWAII

Posted by: simonbm | December 31, 2009 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Well, I certainly hope the limp-dick, drug-addicted fat man recovers (as his medical records show). It would be a terrible thing for America if he were to suddenly drop dead from a well-deserved MI...I mean, who would then help coalesce the independent and democratic voters against the neocon right? Let's keep him healthy and "out there" blowhard-ing his way through life. Get well soon, fat man. Signed...a loving you independent voter...

Posted by: gcook2 | December 31, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

To all the Dittoheads who decry all the hateful venom being directed toward Rush Limbaugh or who decry the tactics of Keith Oberman you can thank Rush Limbaugh. He more than any other contemporary broadcaster is responsible for coarsening political discourse and creating a divisive atmosphere. Without Limbaugh there would be no Obermann. As disvisive a figure as Rush Limbaugh is it is no wonder that so many people take delight in his misfortune. Those who live by the barbed tongue die by the barbed tongue.
When the day comes when Rush Limbaugh actually does die there will be just as many people glad to be rid of him as will mourn his passing and in a few years after his passing he will be largely forgotten. His only legacy will be a slight odor to the body politic.

Posted by: exbrown | December 31, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Rush, here's hoping you meet up the innocent people and children blown to bits in the Murrow Federal Building in Oklahoma City.

Posted by: angrycrat | December 31, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Interesting comments here, wishing Rush all manner of suffering, death, and eternal damnation. I am no admirer of this pompous gasbag, but I can't help but notice that at least a few of the folks posting these ugly comments here were some of the same self-righteous whiners who complained about the negative comments posted about Ted Kennedy when he was dying.

Hypocrites.

Posted by: hisroc | December 31, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Hawaii? Maybe he was choking on Obama birth certificate...

Posted by: ozpunk | December 31, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Rush is in the Hospital and it is fun time fodder for “Bloodthirsty Liberals”.

But, El Rushbo:

Please do take this time to reflect and understand your shortcomings.

1. Your Quote “Talent on loan from God.”
If I said that on the radio, God would fry me like a two-bit steak!
I doubt that you have gone unscathed. Maybe you should rethink that shtick.

If I had the same means as you I would have 2Phd’s by now.

4. Your show is mostly and attempt at “Shock and Awe”.
What we really need are facts and more facts. And less “You.”

-Jim Quinn can do it. And you should be able to also.

Posted by: rexreddy | December 31, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

right wingers are in denial.
"Democrats will be hunted down like dogs."-- Phil Gramm.

What a sweet guy.

Posted by: katman13 | December 31, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Can't be a heart attack. Rush doesn't have one.

Posted by: Viewpoint2 | December 31, 2009 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Rush, do you have health insurance?

Posted by: Viewpoint2 | December 31, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

I find it interesting how fast the right wing followers let senility set in. You must have forgotten the Ted Kennedy comments ??

Posted by: shipfreakbo214 | December 31, 2009 9:55 AM | Report abuse

NCDevil:

You will note that not a single conservative said anything like this when the ambulance was rushed to Obama's vacation house Monday.

Posted by: JakeD | December 31, 2009 9:52 AM | Report abuse

good.

Posted by: capitalist1 | December 31, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse

"Dummycrap"?

Hey, that's cute. You could get a job writing for the "Half Hour News Hour."

Just one question:

Who's the "sophomoron" again?

Posted by: mattintx | December 31, 2009 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Rush: All your ditto heads are saying Lefties are mean. I want you to get what you deserve. Have a cigar.....or two.

Posted by: katman13 | December 31, 2009 9:46 AM | Report abuse

With best wishes for a speedy recovery and a healthy New Year - - we need you to expose the sophomoronic, anti-American racist currently infesting the White House and to expose his Dummycr*p cabal doing its darndest to destroy America.

Posted by: segeny | December 31, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

This is serious. Acid indigestion is not something to be taken lightly. Something even less serious denied him the opportunity to serve his country in uniform, despite his fervent desire to do so!

Posted by: wsking | December 31, 2009 9:40 AM | Report abuse

TOMHERE - you must hate President Obama & Speaker Pelosi too since they have proven to be un-American. I pray for you and many of the other posters who are filled with such hate & rage. I hope none of you have children since you would obviously poison them. What a sad state of affairs.

Posted by: dhbrown52 | December 31, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

This fungus ridden toe rag of a bastard deserves a slow agonizing death rather than a quick heart attack. He is a parasitic blight on all humanity.

Posted by: mapleleaf3 | December 31, 2009 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: NCDevil | December 31, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Make sure he has his painkillers. Those chest pains, you know!

Posted by: ggreenbaum | December 31, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

That's really strange. I didn't think Limbaugh recognized Hawaii as a state of the union. Did he bring his passport?

(and hey, who said progressives were always nice? pbblfft.)

Posted by: exPostie | December 31, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

There is justice! Rush has been a pain in the a** for most Americans for so long it is only fair that he suffer a little too.

Posted by: cdierd1944 | December 31, 2009 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Liberal hater? You're G-damned right. I hate our enemies. This sob is more anti-American than Bin Laden. I hate his f***ing guts. Die now, worthless waste of oxygen.

Posted by: TOMHERE | December 31, 2009 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Get well soon Rush! Wouldn't want you to miss the end of the neo-commies 15 minutes of fame in 2010..

Posted by: Straightline | December 31, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Well it looks like the next time a liberal has a health problem there won't be any reason to not wish them the worst.

Posted by: robtr | December 31, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Right wing fascists are panicking that their biggest mouthpiece is almost gone. They are calling progressives as haters because these delusional Fanatics believe that we are supposed to forget, forgive, or exonerate one of the most hateful propagandists of our generation. If Rush makes it this time and continues his divisive, racist propaganda for the next few years, our country may dissolve into the second civil war and it is only anybody else's guess where this country will emerge after the war. There is a good chance that we will emerge at the last in the world or worse! Rush’s demise will definitely strengthen our republic and fortify the spirit of our people to unite, get along, persevere, grow, and prosper

Posted by: atm2 | December 31, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Wow, lots of hate from the so-called compassionate progressives.

Posted by: NCDevil | December 31, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Drop dead now! Make this a Happy New Year. Yes Rush, we hate you.

Posted by: PepperDr | December 31, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse

I sincerely wish Rush well and hope he recovers. And I’m also quite sure that if he doesn’t there will be an even fatter, uglier, more racist, more homophobic, fascist propagandist waiting to take his place behind the microphone of evil. That being said, get well soon Rush.

Posted by: codexjust1 | December 31, 2009 9:30 AM | Report abuse

"Compassion is no substitute for justice." -- Rush Limbaugh

Posted by: katman13 | December 31, 2009 9:30 AM | Report abuse

In defense of those who bear deep resentment towards this shock jock, I have to say that his sensationalitic, hyperbolic rumor-mongering has only fueled the divide between me and the conservatives in my family. While I was determined to leave the political debates out of family gatherings for the preservation of a pleasant atmosphere--and said so quite clearly--my otherwise intelligent brother was so pumped up by this lying windbag that he simply could not resist. I hold my brother responsible for his own bad decisions, but Limbaugh's influence was, unfortunately, quite obvious.

I know we all have to go sooner or later, but I won't be sending any flowers to this one.

Posted by: EdgewoodVA | December 31, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Die you worthless piece of un-American Sh*T.

Posted by: TOMHERE | December 31, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Liberals are such HYPOCRITES, the hate just permiates - I guess thats why they say conservatives are generally happier than liberals.

Posted by: dhbrown52 | December 31, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

The pain in the ars has a pain in the chest.

Posted by: eaglehawkaroundsince1937 | December 31, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Glen Beck can die at Rush's funeral.

Posted by: msmart2 | December 31, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

The President ought to capitalize on this opportunity by going over to the hospital with a basketball and inviting the fat slob out for a pickup game of hoops and finish him off for good.

About two trips up and down the court ought to do the trick.

Posted by: angrycrat | December 31, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

I rarely root for someone to die but in Rush Limbah's case I will make an exception. Every now and then someone happens on the scene that the world would be better off without. Limbah fits that description. RIP Rush. Too bad dittoheads. Find somebody else to do your thinking for you. Not that ole Rushbo was doing such a good job. One less racist. Nice.

Posted by: jrw1 | December 31, 2009 9:28 AM | Report abuse

If it wasn't for people like Rush we'd be living in a Communist country and Congress and the Prez would make our lives worse. Rest up man -- we need you back.

Posted by: 45upnorth | December 31, 2009 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Resting comfortably isn't enough.

He should be resting in peace and, as he himself has often said, "Assuming room temperature."

Posted by: rcubedkc | December 31, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

"What is so wrong with saying I want Barack Obama to fail?"

--Rush Limbaugh, before Barack Obama even took the oath of President of the United States
$
$
$
Karma.

Posted by: angrycrat | December 31, 2009 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Too bad... chest pains during a (mostly live) on-air rant would have been a ratings bonanza for sure.

This is probably the result of a trio of over-zealous hookers tag-teaming....

Nonetheless, I wish the country a speedy recovery...

Posted by: srb2 | December 31, 2009 9:20 AM | Report abuse

I don't like Rush Limbaugh, but I would not wish ill on him. I just wish he and Glen Beck would stop race bating.

A lot of posters here are saying "Liberals are full of hate," yet everything THEY write is full of hate.

Posted by: nkwari | December 31, 2009 9:19 AM | Report abuse

In response to the Conservative outrage on the comments re. Limbaugh: Perhaps if he wasn't such a bile-filled, evil demagogue he wouldn't be receiving these comments. Maybe, just maybe, he deserves the comments.

Posted by: ch4gas | December 31, 2009 9:18 AM | Report abuse

hey fat boy, die already!

Posted by: SofaKingCool2009 | December 31, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Heavens, the de facto leader of the conservatives spending Christmas in Hawaii? And playing golf no less. How dare he. Shouldn´t he be nearer home in order to deal with the crises that arise? Personally, I can´t stand the man and despise his smears and politics of hate but I do hope he will recover. And I hope that the President takes this golden opportunity to send him a get well message.

Posted by: Aquarius1 | December 31, 2009 9:14 AM | Report abuse

The liberals of America are revealing their true inhumanity today! The liberals of America are revealing themselves to be nothing but a den of vipers judging by these posts. I don't like Obama, and as a conservative I strongly disagree with him politically, but I certainly don't wish any harm on the man. Just remember you stupid liberals, what goes around comes around. Your lack of humanity reveals the void in your souls.

Posted by: liberalsareblind | December 31, 2009 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Oh, you Libs are so compassionate. You're lovely people. Just keep telling yourself that. You have for years.

Posted by: PS7900 | December 31, 2009 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Sounds like drug-seeking behavior.

Posted by: jckdoors | December 31, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

The Dems/libs/progressives here are really hateful. They don't even pretend to be Christian.....oh wait, these are the same people that want that cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal set free.....no comment necessary.

Posted by: Christian1941 | December 31, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Can anyone sneak into the room and "pull the plug?"

Posted by: ScottChallenger
================================

How about if someone sneaks into your room and gives you a frontal labotomy, along with AIDS, HPV and cancer?

I can go back to being ... sensitive now.

Posted by: hofbrauhausde | December 31, 2009 9:10 AM | Report abuse

oh silly lib haters, dont be so quick to reveal your true inhumanity.

Posted by: dummypants | December 31, 2009 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Let me see, what was that phrase he used about our beloved president? I Hope He Fails? Yea, I hope his doctors all fail.

Posted by: sammsammus | December 31, 2009 9:07 AM | Report abuse

So many ugly liberal haters
---------------
Hm.

All I can see is Rosie O'Donnell saying "Pot, kettle, black."

Hm.

Beside, isn't Beck the bigger hater now, even if both (he and Rush) are equally insane?

Posted by: thegreatpotatospamof2003 | December 31, 2009 9:07 AM | Report abuse

I'm curious -- will similar death wishes be allowed here when and if Barack Obama has a heart attack? Or will they be deleted and the posters banned?

Posted by: RhymesWithRight | December 31, 2009 9:03 AM | Report abuse

Maybe this is a ruse to get more Oxycontin for his addiction - ever think of that?

Posted by: Utahreb | December 31, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Was Rush vacationing with Obama?

Posted by: groetzinger4404 | December 31, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Can anyone sneak into the room and "pull the plug?"

Posted by: ScottChallenger | December 31, 2009 9:00 AM | Report abuse

God obviously loves Wanda Sykes

Posted by: exbrown | December 31, 2009 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Ding dong, the witch is dead!!!

Posted by: jengels | December 31, 2009 8:56 AM | Report abuse

Too much viarga will do it ever time Rush.

Hope you have good health insurance.

Oh,you are on the death list,no medcine,no Dr!s. but I wonder if he is hitting on the nurses?and yes Satan is waiting on you for all the lies you have told.Sure Hope Cheney is Next,he is a lair also

Posted by: glen1215 | December 31, 2009 8:56 AM | Report abuse

His politics of Hate will send him to hell anyway. This is just a brief preview for him.

Posted by: ageorge97 | December 31, 2009 8:56 AM | Report abuse

Is Rush in the same hospital in which Obama says he was born? It should be easy to go get the files, right?

Posted by: 37thand0street | December 31, 2009 8:55 AM | Report abuse

Rush, Jakob Marley here. Three ghosts will be visiting you tonight....

Posted by: davemarks | December 31, 2009 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Barry can take Rush a basket of fruit. I suggest quince and lemons. Or flowers....poppies would be appropriate.

Posted by: mosthind | December 31, 2009 8:50 AM | Report abuse

Oh well!

Posted by: helloisanyoneoutthere | December 31, 2009 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Rush is Rushing to the Heaven to meet his Alter Ego, from one Paradise to an other. Let's hope He is republican, speaks english and sit on the right side of the universe or God knows He will be dethroned. Rush limbaugh Rush! Happy New Year in case you decide to postpone your trip.

Posted by: atrium | December 31, 2009 8:45 AM | Report abuse

Not to worry. They did exploratory surgery and found Rush does not have a heart.

Posted by: katman13 | December 31, 2009 8:44 AM | Report abuse

I normally vote with the Dems because most of them actually care about those who are not rich,white, male, and CINO. I do NOT wish GOP Grand Wizard Rush would die (if I wished that, I would be just as corrupt and full of hate as he is), but I do wish that he, W, Dick, Rove, Donald, and Palin had used their opportunities to bring this country together rather than being as divisive as they are. Actually, had they used their gifts of gab for the greater good of our great country, the GOP probably would have been in control for countless years, without spitting out so much hate and lies.

Posted by: johndoe2001 | December 31, 2009 8:43 AM | Report abuse

maybe he was trying on dick chaney's Speedos, to tight for both = chest pains

Posted by: furlessbear1 | December 31, 2009 8:39 AM | Report abuse

I can't WAIT to see how "the mad prophet of the airwaves", Olberman, reports this story next. He, like the majority of the LIBS have no class. Haters!

Posted by: scollins | December 31, 2009 8:39 AM | Report abuse

Harrumph. The Kahala Hotel is a first class establishment. When it was built, we kids used to walk over there and hang out on the beach to meet rock groups. The hookers were always U.S. Prime and today's ones are glad to offer you the use of a heart rate monitor. For a slight extra charge, of course.

Posted by: laboo | December 31, 2009 8:36 AM | Report abuse

So many ugly liberal haters...kind of puts a new definition of liberal into perspectives and destroys the Merriam Webster version.

Now the average person can once again see the stinking cesspool of lost morality known as liberalism. Thankfully these useless pus sacks represent such a tiny minority of Americans. In the long run just a short but wide brown skid mark in history.

Oh well... the regressive, hateful and selfish ideology that represents these sub-humans has alienated them from rest of America.

2010 is the beginning of the end of the libertards 15 minutes of fame

Posted by: Straightline | December 31, 2009 8:36 AM | Report abuse

I guess when they prayed for Sen. Byrd to die before he could vote on health care it really did backfire....

I hope he pulls through so he can see the injustice of millions of Americans finally having access to the health care he enjoys.

Posted by: 8-man | December 31, 2009 8:33 AM | Report abuse

Many of these comments are like those posted to an article by EJ Dionne who wrote about Jack Kemp after his death. That column got so bad, with elementary students like these posting, they had to take it down. No one knew Kemp, but hated his label. Some of same with Kennedy, but not nearly as many. People like those posters have a severe mental an cultural problme. Get a grip.

Posted by: gsms69 | December 31, 2009 8:32 AM | Report abuse

I cannot believe how dumb Rush was for vacationing in Hawaii when Obama was there. Looks like Obama and Company have made full use of the opportunity and attempted to eliminate one of the folks that point out the truth about them. Looks like the purges are starting, can one say Stalin?

Posted by: Pilot1 | December 31, 2009 8:31 AM | Report abuse

An unidentified source with access to the medical report state that Mr. Limbaugh's sphincter muscle had involuntary spasmed and thus cut off the oxygen to his brain.

Posted by: staggerlee | December 31, 2009 8:26 AM | Report abuse

I don't wish anyone ill, but I don't wish him well either.

Posted by: jbp1 | December 31, 2009 8:25 AM | Report abuse

Well...it looks like God himself is telling him to shut up....

Posted by: smoothoperator | December 31, 2009 8:25 AM | Report abuse

Typical hypocritical conservatives. Blustering with false outrage over alleged "liberal" comments while turning a blind eye to the hatred filled vitrol they were spewing after Kennedy passed and more recently their wishing Sen. Byrd dead.

You people are garbage. Subhuman garbage.

Posted by: washpost18 | December 31, 2009 8:24 AM | Report abuse

All that vitriol he spews is finally catching up with him. Or could this be a ploy to secure another Oxy prescription?

Posted by: Client-9 | December 31, 2009 8:23 AM | Report abuse

May he receive all that he deserves.

Posted by: jbp1 | December 31, 2009 8:20 AM | Report abuse

It is too bad that there are people on this forum that wish another human beign ill. However, it is the norm for leftists. If they can't win in the arena of ideas they try to destroy their opposition. I think its funny that not a single one of these leftist has been able to destroy Rush. Many have tried, but they haven't succeeded. So they are left with their only option, to insult and wish death upon the man. This is what happens to leftist when they cannot compete intelectually, they blurt out inanities to make themselves feel good.

Posted by: vasco44 | December 31, 2009 8:17 AM | Report abuse

If Limbaugh dies in Hawaii, I demand to see the death certificate, because I'm convinced he was supposed to die in Kenya, and they're all covering it up. And anybody can sneak an obituary into the Honolulu newspapers.

Posted by: curmudgeon6 | December 31, 2009 8:17 AM | Report abuse

No need to worry. Dough boy will get the best medical care money can buy, unlike many Americans. Perhaps his little brush with death will make him a nicer person. Nahhh, I doubt it. He's too far gone. As much as I despise the man, I don't wish him harm. Actually, he's good for the progressive movement, since I think most people realize what an incredibly pompous jerk he is, a guy who makes millions off other people's ignornance.

Posted by: ggwalt | December 31, 2009 8:12 AM | Report abuse

What are the odds that he's one of the 48 million uninsured Americans?

What are the odds that there's a "medical mix-up" and he's brought down for an autopsy instead of a CAT scan?

Posted by: glazer68 | December 31, 2009 8:09 AM | Report abuse

I wouldn't wish ill health on anybody, including people I don't like. Way to go, hypocrite liberal haters! I thought you were supposed to be touchy-feely.

Posted by: Darlene_Jr | December 31, 2009 8:04 AM | Report abuse

post the address of slimebaugh's hospital. i want to send him a box of the biggest, baddest cigars available.

Posted by: jimfilyaw | December 31, 2009 8:03 AM | Report abuse

Demagogues like Limbaugh are either discredited or they simply die. Certainly, public safety would be greatly enhanced with the demise of Rush Limbaugh especially for women, African-Americans, Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, gays, the sick, the elderly, people with full or even partial brain function, people with only five toes on each foot, people who don't mix crystal meth in their kid’s wading pool, people who aren't born victims, ... etc. etc.

Posted by: alphavillebooks | December 31, 2009 8:01 AM | Report abuse

quiensabe wrote: :The comments on the wild mustangs in Nevada were more humane than those posted here. It's hard to imagine that such a venue allowing people to post their comments would bring this out in people."

Honey, if you think these posts wishing Limbaugh the worst (or worse) are bad, just mention gay rights or Israel and read the venom that is spewed forth. Makes you proud to be a human being...NOT!

I can't say that I'm wishing a speedy recovery for Limbaugh, but I hope this episode sobers his diatribes a bit. Rush, there really is room in this world for polite discourse. Perhaps calming down will help your heart.

Otherwise, go to he11!

Posted by: luv2bikva | December 31, 2009 8:00 AM | Report abuse

I hope it's something serious.

Posted by: wdalton1us | December 31, 2009 7:59 AM | Report abuse

Come on you fat druggie, let you corpulent body join your morals, in hell. You fat fraud.

Posted by: davidsawh | December 31, 2009 7:55 AM | Report abuse

Isn't Karma a wonderful thing?

Posted by: demtse | December 31, 2009 7:50 AM | Report abuse

nychap wrote- How often do you report on Rush?
Is it only when something bad happens to him personally?
Take a look at yourselves.
Your readers are salivating.
-------------------------------------------
You are correct. Only Sarah Palin diagnosed with breast cancer would be a bigger story.

Posted by: 12oreo | December 31, 2009 7:50 AM | Report abuse

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure."

This is one I look forward to. If not today, then hopefully soon.

Posted by: geezjan | December 31, 2009 7:48 AM | Report abuse

Isn't Karma a wonderful thing?

Posted by: demtse | December 31, 2009 7:47 AM | Report abuse

If the president were more human he would visit Rush and wish him a speedy recovery.

Posted by: nychap44 | December 31, 2009 7:44 AM | Report abuse

I didn't know he had a heart.

Posted by: gtinla | December 31, 2009 7:43 AM | Report abuse

I suppose it it too much to ask that this clown would stop breathing. We could use one less divisive figure next year.

Posted by: Anadromous2 | December 31, 2009 7:42 AM | Report abuse

How often do you report on Rush?
Is it only when something bad happens to him personally?
Take a look at yourselves.
Your readers are salivating.

Posted by: nychap44 | December 31, 2009 7:39 AM | Report abuse

Did the hookers go in the ambulance with him?

Posted by: singleseatbiggermeat | December 31, 2009 7:31 AM | Report abuse

wonder how the dittoheads -- and kevin madden -- feel about their republican party leader hanging out in that elitist island of the rich and powerful...

how long before the conspiracy theories about how obama pulled some of that ol' black magic to take down the gasbag. lololol.

Posted by: mycomment | December 31, 2009 7:22 AM | Report abuse

I'm sure that all those posting negative comments are the same slug hypocrites that were caterwauling over alleged insults to their precious murdering sot, Kennedy, on his way out the door.

Posted by: jpost1 | December 31, 2009 7:21 AM | Report abuse

i quest Rush must have got some bad CRACK, HE IS AN ADMITTED DRUG ADDICT. i would think he would buy some pure COKE and make his own CRACK. I QUEST HE WAS " BINGING AND NEEDED TO GET HIS FIX QUICK, SO HE DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO MAKE HIS OWN.
I QUEST THIS IS OBAMAS FAULT.

Posted by: gphillips11221 | December 31, 2009 7:15 AM | Report abuse

Rush, you know being so close to obama gives you gas...
Get well and come back monday...
America needs you...

Posted by: DwightCollins | December 31, 2009 7:05 AM | Report abuse

I can't believe I actually lowered my standards to read a story about Rush Limbaugh. It's gonna be a bad day for sure, now.

Why would the Secret Service let that hate-monger anywhere close to our President?

Posted by: momof20yo | December 31, 2009 6:31 AM | Report abuse

The comments on the wild mustangs in Nevada were more humane than those posted here. It's hard to imagine that such a venue allowing people to post their comments would bring this out in people. When you think about it, how scary is it that some of these folks are bound to be coming at you on the freeway at rush hour.

Posted by: quiensabe | December 31, 2009 6:17 AM | Report abuse

He can afford health care that he would happily deny others, the venal SOB.

Posted by: faygokid | December 31, 2009 6:03 AM | Report abuse

I wonder if this is related to his dramatic weight loss? He mentioned the name of his plan once but I forget it. It is a commercial weight loss firm in Florida -- I looked it up and had my doubts. It seemed very low calorie with not enough doctor supervision. The body will consume its own protein in the form of muscle, including heart muscle, if the diet does not include enough protein.

Posted by: BaracksTeleprompter | December 31, 2009 5:35 AM | Report abuse

Isn't Hawaii where Elitists go for a vacation?

Posted by: freedom5 | December 31, 2009 5:29 AM | Report abuse

I'm sure the executives at Clear Channel Communications and Premiere Radio Networks are also having chest pains. After all, Lush Rimbaugh is a HUGE investment for them to the tune of $50 million/year (per the unimpeachable source Matt Drudge).

Posted by: critter69 | December 31, 2009 5:22 AM | Report abuse

Some people are seriously drawn to entertainment.

Posted by: 1234xyz | December 31, 2009 4:43 AM | Report abuse

CodeBlue wrote, "I am an idiot even when I'm sober. I make Rush Limbaugh look like a class act." I just want to let CodeBlue know his admission was totally unnecessary.

Posted by: psst_limbaugh_keep-ranting_satan | December 31, 2009 4:22 AM | Report abuse

Why does this piece even mention Obama, and Pelosi? Are they relevant to this story? Why not mention Ronald Reagan while you're at it? Leftists..

Posted by: wewintheylose | December 31, 2009 4:18 AM | Report abuse

Don't mess with Obama and his Chicago friends.

Posted by: panola60 | December 31, 2009 4:14 AM | Report abuse

Earlier in the day, the Republican National Committee issued a statement berating him for vacationing in a foreign country.
He's a big fat rich liar who's a pernicious influence on the world, but I wish him a speedy recovery.

Posted by: bdunn1 | December 31, 2009 4:05 AM | Report abuse

How can Rush have a heart attack when he has no heart?

Posted by: stopanimalexperimentation | December 31, 2009 3:52 AM | Report abuse

Rush Limbaugh, Heart Attack? Boy wouldn't that be a great way to start the new year off.

Posted by: kubrickstan | December 31, 2009 3:49 AM | Report abuse

Rush ain't gonna die, yet, because he does recognize God every day by acknowledging he is, as we all are, "on loan from God."

Now all you America haters listen to this. I know you all wish the man the worst but remember it was your hero Teddy, aka, the Swimmer, who this year took the trip you're wishing on Rush and who now sleeps with the worms going in and out of his eyes. We win, youz looze! Virginia, New Jersey! Come on 2010, come on 2012!! :-)

We win you loose, with Rush or not.

Posted by: CodeBlue | December 31, 2009 3:31 AM | Report abuse

Let me act like I care!!! He is one of the biggest racist in the world and HELL is awaiting his arrival. Hopefully, the devil will welcome one of his favorite sons home tonight. I have no sympathy for someone who has done nothing but bring discourse and lies to the political and social landscape of this country. It's my fervant hope he will suffer before he lands in the lake of fire!!!!!!!!

Posted by: kingsolomon11 | December 31, 2009 3:25 AM | Report abuse

Can't have been a heart attack--like the tin woodman, he has no heart. And no soul, either.

Posted by: nicekid | December 31, 2009 3:22 AM | Report abuse

Despite disagreeing with conservatives on many issues, I still respect the honest conservatives. Rush claims to be a conservative, but the fact of the matter he is a pure evil. I cannot wish well to pure evils like Limbaugh, Cheney, Lieberman, the mentally sick Beck, etc.

Posted by: farid-f | December 31, 2009 3:02 AM | Report abuse

Probably something he ate that didn't agree with him... Sounds like he'll be ok from press reports. They aren't describing him as being in critical condition.

Posted by: Nymous | December 31, 2009 2:06 AM | Report abuse

Rush ill?

Hope Dick Cheney catches whatever Rush has and I hope it's nothing trivial.

Pray brother pray, you need it for your evil mouth

Posted by: perfectpapa | December 31, 2009 1:56 AM | Report abuse

HONOLULU (AP) -- Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh was taken to a hospital after suffering chest pains and was resting comfortably Wednesday, his radio program said in a statement.

"Rush was admitted to and is resting comfortably in a Honolulu hospital today after suffering chest pains," the statement said. "Rush appreciates your prayers and well wishes and will keep you updated via rushlimbaugh.com and on his radio program."

Posted by: lure1 | December 31, 2009 1:51 AM | Report abuse

COWENS99,

Are you sure about that? Sounds like you have something of a scoop there. Mahalo for the information, kick us an URL if you can find one.

Posted by: Nymous | December 31, 2009 1:49 AM | Report abuse

Oooo and all those people moaning about Obama being there and Rush was on vacation there too? Tsk tsk, bad form. Bad luck on his part to get caught out doing what his followers are flaming the president for.

I wonder if he'll be treated by HMSA, you know, the "public option" the rest of the USA doesn't get to enjoy that Hawaii has.

I'm glad these folks will get to see how rough shape the economy is in there.

They go there for vacation, and I come to DC/Metro for work and some vacation. I'm jealous and want to go back given the miserable weather, aggressive drivers, and bad attitudes that pervade this area like a plague of selfish incivility.

Rush couldn't take living in Hawaii, he's too nasty to others by habit to be a part of an island community. It's good he's only visiting.

Posted by: Nymous | December 31, 2009 1:34 AM | Report abuse

enjoy hell nazi

Posted by: kingsfordmatt | December 31, 2009 1:05 AM | Report abuse

I think after hearing Dick Cheney today, Rush developed an erection that lasted longer then four hours, placing enormous strain one what passes for his heart. Maybe if he wasn't such a big, fat pig, he'd be healthier.

Posted by: dboz1970 | December 31, 2009 12:41 AM | Report abuse

God bless, Rush!

Posted by: JakeD

Amen JakeD.
He needs God's blessing for not using his talents to give glory to God.

Posted by: edlharris | December 31, 2009 12:33 AM | Report abuse

Hopefully he can get adequate health care in that foreign land. (Everyone knows that you can get excellent medical care only in America.) Hawaii is not actually part of the United States, you know.

A Republican strategist told me so.

Posted by: labman57 | December 31, 2009 12:28 AM | Report abuse

Hang in there Rush. I hope that you will be OK. By the way, I'm a left-winger from Cape Girardeau and I hate the hate overflowing in this country.

Posted by: rusty3 | December 31, 2009 12:27 AM | Report abuse

My family in Honoloulu advised that Rush passed away at 6:48 pm local time and the Oahua Coroner will make a death announcement at 8pm local time.

We should allpray that his soul passes to Heaven..

He will be greatly missed by some, but soon forgotten by most people.

Go forwared chief dittohead.

Posted by: COWENS99 | December 31, 2009 12:18 AM | Report abuse

I won't go so far as to say I hope he dies, but should that happen I hope it will be before Friday, so he won't get out of paying estate taxes.

So what was he doing in Hawaii anyway? If it's a bad place for Obama to be, surely it can't be any better for Rush to be there.

Posted by: jimk8mr | December 31, 2009 12:16 AM | Report abuse

What did Wanda Sykes say? ...Rush Limbaugh hopes Obama fails, I hope his kidneys fail, how about that! Oops!

Posted by: Taylorsucram | December 31, 2009 12:16 AM | Report abuse

God bless, Rush!

Posted by: JakeD | December 31, 2009 12:15 AM | Report abuse

Hey ATLGuy....actually I'm sure Satan has a nice spot waiting for you. Lets hope you run your mouth off in the wrong place (i.e. live and in person and not hiding behind your computer) so someone can help you with that. What a joke...

Posted by: smrdjn | December 31, 2009 12:13 AM | Report abuse

I wish him a speedy recovery and his family my best.

Posted by: lostinthemiddle | December 31, 2009 12:09 AM | Report abuse

I hope his doctors "fail".

Posted by: Ralphie1 | December 31, 2009 12:09 AM | Report abuse

Hey Rush, Satan is waiting for you. Good riddance.

Posted by: ATLGuy | December 31, 2009 12:04 AM | Report abuse