Video: First family returns from Hawaii

The Associated Press
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama returned Monday to the White House he never really escaped.

Obama and his family took an overnight flight from Hawaii to Washington, capping an 11-day holiday vacation sure to be remembered more for the botched attempt to blow up a Christmas Day flight than the hours spent on golf courses or at luaus. The failed terror attack refocused the president's trip from R&R on the island of Oahu to a river of memos from homeland security aides.

Obama arrived back at the White House at midday Monday with nothing on his public schedule - but much on his plate.

Continue reading»

By Web Politics Editor  |  January 4, 2010; 2:23 PM ET
Categories:  44 The Obama Presidency
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Security adviser: No smoking gun to stop attack
Next: Democrat, Republican governors' groups raise record amounts

Comments

tjhall1
Perhaps you have the urge to vomit because you are a very sick person!

Posted by: SpotlessCrab | January 6, 2010 6:41 PM | Report abuse

I am shocked that the Washington Post has not said one word about Obama's "CADDY" RUSH DRUGBALL. Rumor has it that the "FAT MAN" could not keep up with the younger more athletic Obama on the golf course and thought he was having a heart attack but we all know this is not possible as he has no heart. Shame on Obama for not bringing him back home with him

Posted by: SWAMPYPD | January 5, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

For those who lead, a 'vacation" is always a working one. But I hope in between all that happened he got some time to enjoy some real "R&R and giggles with his wife and children.

Year TWO for him brings big challenges, but despite what he inherited, he's up to the job. No DRAMA OBAMA should continue to be his motto. 'Happy New Year' Mr. President. http://www.zipinpolitics.com

Posted by: Victoria5 | January 5, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

For those who lead, a 'vacation" is always a working one. But I hope in between that happened he got some time to enjoy some real "R&R and giggles with his wife and children. Year TWO for him brings big challenges, but despite what he inherited, he's up to the job. No DRAMA OBAMA should continue to be his motto. 'Happy New Year' Mr. President. http//www.zipinpolitics.com

Posted by: Victoria5 | January 5, 2010 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: boski66 | January 5, 2010 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Please visit http://www.massresistance.org
and sign the petition to rid our children of The S0-Called Safe School Czar that is a supporter of G.L.B.T. and Nambeler.

Posted by: boski66 | January 5, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Please visit

to rid our children of the so-called safe school czar that is a supporter of G.L.B.T.
And Nambler.

Progressive Liberals Creating a Diabolical Society!

Posted by: boski66 | January 5, 2010 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Please go to

http://www.massresistance.org and sign the petition to rid of children of the so-called safe school Czar Kevin Jennings, a supporter of Nambler and G.L.B.T that is destroying our public schools.

Posted by: boski66 | January 5, 2010 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Well as far as it concerns the protections of this Country they could have stayed there in Hawaii for a good long time, as Wizbama doesn't have any policies that are doing the American People any good at all. If the first Lady is going to make or shape policy, you would think she would do something about how marriage is being railroaded by one's practicing deviant sexual practices and the deviant indoctrination training that is destroying our Public Schools, if she is a woman, wife and mother that has the best interest of children and their formative years and developmental stages. I have heard enough about vegetable gardens, but I think human gardening when it comes to our innocents, our children is more dire than the gardens which most people don't have the time, energy nor money to plant, when they have to fight against the public indoctrination of depravity. Please go to

http:www.massresistance.org and sign the petition that is seeking to rid our children of the so-called safe school Czar Kevin Jennings who is a supporter of G.L.B.T. organization that is taking over our children's souls in the schools

httP://www.massresistance.org
Also google Boston Children's Hospital Sex Change clinic
Also google Dawn Stefanowicz Out from Under
Also Amazon.com You're Teaching My Child What?
Also Planned Parenthood as this organization goes into the schools and gives young girls low dose birth control pills so they become pregnant, then bring them for an abortion, many times without the parents permission. Many black girls have multiple abortion, also some white girls and others. This is a travesty of justice as the Progressive Liberals pander to big drug industry and big sex industry using our children and their families as pawns to gain power and monetary gains. Our elected officials must stand up and do the right thing for the sake of our dignity, put clarity on this abuse of power and the willful neglect of the rights and responsibilities of We the People under our Bill of Rights and Constitution. We by law should have the tools to put a stop of this abuse by way of the courts and law against child sexual abuse and protections and respect.

Posted by: boski66 | January 5, 2010 9:08 AM | Report abuse

How about all your taxpayers dimes that went to Cheney's Halliburton? Or the $9 billion bribe money that was "lost" in Iraq. Or the billions that we owe China to pay for a stupid war? You republicans are morons.

Posted by: blarsen1 | January 4, 2010 6:08 PM
==================

Here we go again with the timelessly stupid argument of "two wrongs make it right!"
When Bush was in the office, it was always, "So what? Lewinsky! NAFTA! Osama!" Now it's "So what? Iraq! Blackwater!"

Posted by: Chuckled | January 4, 2010 8:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: blarsen1 | January 4, 2010 6:08 PM | Report abuse

GOD BLESS!!!!!! The First Family. And I will support Our President as I did Former President Bush. it sure as hell does'nt make me feel good to bash anyone. I have been unemployed since April of last year and have not yet applied for EDD. Yet I find myself giving anywhere up to $5.00 to White People and Undocumented Immigrants. Every time I see such hate for The First Family I often think to myself why not just be honest and call him what you really wanna say. Im not trying to save the world nor am I a do gooder but if I can i do so how about in the New Year keep those silly comments to yourself because if you want to Bash someone look in the mirror everytime you turn your back on your fellow Citizen.

P.S.
Excuse my lack of
Punctuation Marks.
Oh and if your wondering
I am a Mexican of American Decent

Posted by: ComeHuevos | January 4, 2010 5:23 PM | Report abuse

These vacations are proving more trouble than they're probably worth for Obama. All it does is get him painfully unfair flack from clueless Republicans and a boatload of crises to catch up on.

Posted by: parkerfl1 | January 4, 2010 5:05 PM | Report abuse

I know I am totally, utterly missing the point here, but he's kind of hot in that outfit.

Just saying.

Posted by: dkp01 | January 4, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

If I were going to lose my lunch over the expense of presidential upkeep, it would be that for eight years my taxes went to provide transport to a man who took us into a pointless war, suspended the Constitution whenever he felt like it, still endorses torture and is a generally evil person who attacks our lawfully elected leaders - oh yeah, and his sock puppet George W. Bush, too.

Posted by: greyK | January 4, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

I still hope for "Change", but just not from 44 anymore.

Posted by: Chuckled | January 4, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

tjhall1 wrote:
"Why am I urged to vomit everytime I see this family enjoying perks on the taxpayer's dime?? Is it because they listened to a preacher for over a dozen years yell "God DAMN America", and they are doing their best to redistribute the wealth from the bad White man??"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You get the urge to vomit because you - STILL - can’t accept the fact that a Black man is now President of a country stolen by White men. I find it hard to believe that you’re still harping on the statements made by Rev. Wright (who, by the way, is NOT Obama), a FULL YEAR after the Primaries! America rejected – and will continue to reject – people like you. GROW UP!

Posted by: BasicInstinct | January 4, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

to tjhall1,
After reading your post, if you call yourself an American, I begin to understand why the preacher might say what he said.

Posted by: ettienediaz | January 4, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Who is urging you to vomit?

Redistribution of wealth? Yeah. I know about that from a woman in Rosedale, Maryland who has 5 kids with 3 different men while the woman who lives on her left side has 2 kids by 2 different men and the woman on the other side has 3 kids by 2 differerent men -- none of this lovely trio is married, none are Black, and they work the welfare tree (Section 8 vouchers for housing in a neighborhood composed of 1940s bungalows) like you would not beleive.

Posted by: Valkyrie1999_222 | January 4, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse