Alvin Greene suggests making dolls of himself

UPDATE: The Charleston RiverDogs are taking Greene up on his action figure idea -- they'll hand out figurines with his face on them at a ballgame.

"Who better epitomizes the American dream that anything is possible than Mr. Greene?" said RiverDogs General Manager Dave Echols.

* * *

In an interview with the Guardian, South Carolina Senate candidate Alvin Greene -- who recently kicked an AP reporter out of his house -- offers an unusual jobs strategy:

"Another thing we can do for jobs is make toys of me, especially for the holidays. Little dolls. Me. Like maybe little action dolls. Me in an army uniform, air force uniform, and me in my suit. They can make toys of me and my vehicle, especially for the holidays and Christmas for the kids. That's something that would create jobs. So you see I think out of the box like that. It's not something a typical person would bring up. That's something that could happen, that makes sense. It's not a joke."

The watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington has filed a complaint over Greene on the grounds that he violated election laws by failing to file campaign finance and other required reports.

By Rachel Weiner  |  July 7, 2010; 11:05 AM ET
Categories:  44 The Obama Presidency  | Tags: Alvin Greene
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: AZ immigration twitter feed
Next: Vitter dodges questions on ex-aide

Comments

He is driving the professional politician crowd crazy--lets take it up a notch and nominate him for president.

Go Alvin Go

LOL

LOL

LOL

Posted by: PennyWisetheClown | July 15, 2010 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Many of the folk complaining about this guy VOTED for Obama...

...:D

Posted by: deadmanwalking | July 8, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

In the end, he'll make a lot more money with this farce the would have made on line at the VA. Next stop Jay Leno, and beyond.

Posted by: Pooper3 | July 8, 2010 7:54 AM | Report abuse

As thunderingly stupid as this guy may be, he still makes George W. Bush look like a cross between Einstein and Ghandi... All this ignorance and a sex-crime record too? This guy's absolutely presidential... As for dolls in his likeness he's obviously never heard of voodoo... This guy grew up twenty miles up the road from me... I'm ashamed to say he's pretty well representative of his constituents... Despite centuries of thanking God for Mississippi, in Mississippi they're no doubt thanking God for South Carolina...

Posted by: SHARECROPPERLAWYER | July 7, 2010 10:01 PM | Report abuse

If this situation wasn't so serious, it WOULD be hilarious but, here we have an obvious mental defective a heartbeat away from becoming a UNITED STATES SENATOR (should something happen to his heavily favored republican opponent) and that is scary folks! He is obviously not capable of free or abstract thought, and is definitely being coached. SC should be extremely upset and embarrassed by this fiasco and especially the University of SC that awarded this cretin a degree, imagine, if he doesn't get elected he can get a job in human services or such with the SC state or a municipal agency. BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID!

Posted by: faulkner1 | July 7, 2010 7:06 PM | Report abuse

He does not seem any dumber than Sarah Palin and she wanted to be Vice President!

To be fair, Palin does have a better business sense as far as fleecing "the base".

Posted by: rcc_2000 | July 7, 2010 7:02 PM | Report abuse

SC continues to set new standards in absurdity so why nor this clown?

Posted by: pjohn2 | July 7, 2010 6:56 PM | Report abuse

If I could I would vote for this guy. Seems far smarter than DeMint

Posted by: rcc_2000 | July 7, 2010 6:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: faulkner1 | July 7, 2010 6:44 PM | Report abuse

I love this guy. He is a breath of fresh air. OKAY AMERICA, PUT UP OR SHUT UP. SOUTH CAROLINA CAN ELECT AN OUTSIDER, A COMMON MAN. Perhaps you like the status quo? If you do, just keep on putting the same empty suits in office over and over. If not, MAN UP AND DO THE RIGHT THING FOR A CHANGE.

Posted by: herpid | July 7, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Chauncey Gardiner lives!

Posted by: GP04 | July 7, 2010 1:43 PM | Report abuse

I'm not so appalled that this dude is winning elections in South Carolina. This is the same state that is headed up by the likes of Mark Sanford and Andre Bauer (who might actually become governor at some point), after all. But I am pretty freaked that he was accepted into the military and presumably allowed to handle firearms.

Posted by: jrzwrld | July 7, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse

One thing is certain: The Washington Post is on a multi-day campaign to destroy Alvin Greene. I guess the Post et al. doesn't like it when an outsider has the gall to call himself a Democrat and participate in politics on the national stage.

Democrats once again have shown that there is no room for ideological diversity in their party -- anyone who dares sing a different tune will be destroyed.

Posted by: diehardlib | July 7, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Once upon a time I lived in S.C. I am aware they have sunk even lower on the national scene, but the thought of this guy representing them on the national level is equally appalling as is Sen. DeMint. The thing is though, whether or not my comment is politically correct, he could win this thing based solely on the racial makeup of the state. I don't like DeMint either but this one is appalling for different reasons. And I understand he is facing a felony charge? Of course, just about all the politicians in D.C. should be facing something like that, but this guy is not good news.

Posted by: nana1ellen | July 7, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

If you weren't convinced this guy was a GOP plant before, this bit should seal the deal. I'd rather vote "Faith" for mayor.

Posted by: hoos3014 | July 7, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

I'm kind of starting to like this guy.

Well, not for Senate, of course. But this is great stuff.

Posted by: ponkey | July 7, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

A total nut, which is what will make him such a great Senator!

Posted by: nuke41 | July 7, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse