GQ: Woman says Rand Paul kidnapped her in college, he denies

UPDATE 8/13: Paul walked away from Kentucky news reporters when asked about the story:

UPDATE 8/11: Paul's accuser clarifies her account to the Plum Line blog.

The woman who sparked a national firestorm by recounting Rand Paul's youthful indiscretions to GQ magazine is now clarifying her account: She says she was not kidnapped nor forced to do drugs by Paul.
But she reiterated other odd aspects of her earlier story, including her claim that Paul and another college friend blindfolded her, tied her up, and told her to smoke pot and worship the "Aqua Buddha," even if they didn't physically force her to do these things. UPDATE 8/10: Rand Paul told Fox News that he "categorically" denies the kidnapping allegation. "This stuff is just outrageous and ridiculous. No, I never was involved with kidnapping. No, I never was involved with forcibly drugging people," he said.

"To produce someone anonymously, and then I'm supposed to somehow respond to an anonymous person from 27 years ago, who in the end says - whoever this person was, says -- we didn't do any harm to them and it was all in fun and we didn't do anything wrong -- and yet it's being characterized as kidnapping, it's kind of a craziness," Paul said. "But the thing is, is we used to have journalist ethics in our country, that you wouldn't report something from one anonymous source, particularly accusing somebody of something like that. It's so ridiculous, I don't know where to start."

Asked whether the incident could have been playful fun, he replied, "I think I would remember if I'd kidnapped something and -- someone -- and I don't remember and I absolutely deny kidnapping anyone ever."

GQ editor-in-chief Jim Nelson said in a statement: "We stand by the story, and we gave the Paul campaign every opportunity to refute it. We notice that they have not, in fact, refuted it."

Paul's campaign has threatened to sue GQ magazine.

* * *

Rand Paul's educational experience was under scrutiny last week when the Lexington Herald-Leader reported that the ophthalmologist never got a bachelor's degree. (He left Baylor University in Texas early when Duke accepted him in its medical school.) Now GQ has an article on Paul's college years that is likely to raise more questions.

The strangest episode of Paul's time at Baylor occurred one afternoon in 1983 (although memories about all of these events are understandably a bit hazy, so the date might be slightly off), when he and a NoZe brother [a fellow member of a secret society, the NoZe Brotherhood] paid a visit to a female student who was one of Paul's teammates on the Baylor swim team. According to this woman, who requested anonymity because of her current job as a clinical psychologist, "He and Randy came to my house, they knocked on my door, and then they blindfolded me, tied me up, and put me in their car. They took me to their apartment and tried to force me to take bong hits. They'd been smoking pot." After the woman refused to smoke with them, Paul and his friend put her back in their car and drove to the countryside outside of Waco, where they stopped near a creek. "They told me their god was 'Aqua Buddha' and that I needed to bow down and worship him," the woman recalls. "They blindfolded me and made me bow down to 'Aqua Buddha' in the creek. I had to say, 'I worship you Aqua Buddha, I worship you.' At Baylor, there were people actively going around trying to save you and we had to go to chapel, so worshiping idols was a big no-no."

Asked by reporter Jason Zengerle about the incident, Paul's spokesman did not directly respond. (UPDATE: a Paul spokesperson told the Huffington Post, "National Enquirer type stories about Dr. Paul's teenage years should be left to the tabloids where they belong.")

According to a recent Time article, Paul does not support legalizing marijuana.

Benjy Sarlin of the Daily Beast tracked down a couple 90s-era members of the Baylor student society described in the GQ article. Both said they saw nothing along the lines of Rand Paul's alleged kidnapping scheme in their time and were unaware he was a former member.

By Rachel Weiner  |  August 9, 2010; 1:09 PM ET
Categories:  2010 Election , 44 The Obama Presidency
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: President Obama's best basketball moments
Next: Texas gov. asks Obama for more troops for Texas-Mexico border

Comments

She OBVIOUSLY went along WILLINGLY!! DEMOCRATS AND NEWS JOURNALIST ARE MORONS!

Posted by: markypolo | August 15, 2010 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Washpo sucks, I can't believe they still use the word "kidnapping" and say he "runs" from reporters. This woman already has reiteterated several times there was no coercion involved and thus no kidnapping!

This sort of article, I believe, provides evidence to the notion that wash dc elites who think they are sooo much smarter and wiser than everybody else can't find much else to go after rand Paul. I'm sure they sincerely believe his ideas are radical, actually progressive, and probably scary to them. So why not debate him on those ideas and policy views.

Posted by: emily04 | August 14, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

well just yesterday it seems that lady has stated that she was not kidnapped and that they were freinds. that GQ misrepresented her and her statements. so im not so sure as to why this is a big deal still.

Posted by: abntemplar1508 | August 14, 2010 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Don't know about kidnapping but whether he walked or ran away too bad there wasn't a cliff nearby.

Since pot was mentioned by someone I voice my anger against those, including Bill Maher who extoll its use and think not of all the people being killed in the drug wars in Mexico because of their espousing use. Legalize it but until don't contribute to violence and death by encouragement.

Posted by: gany1 | August 14, 2010 7:19 AM | Report abuse

One always has to be suspicious of "anonymous" sources. Rand stated clearly that he never kidnapped anyone, or forced anyone to use drugs. This was in college.
Obama has admitted to using cocaine and mariquana, and he still smokes cigarettes.

This is just a smear camapaign from a worried left , who know their poll numbers are trashing.

Posted by: joanz3 | August 14, 2010 2:53 AM | Report abuse

This shows me that the Tea Party as well as all of us, have to be a little more careful about picking people to replace the lifers in D.C.
Anyone can jump up and down and tell us what we want to hear by appealing to our emotions in the current tone of the day. The professional politicians do it for a living. But before we go supporting folks, we need to do a little background checking.

Let's throw the bums out and not put new bums in their place.

Posted by: thestoryplease | August 14, 2010 12:46 AM | Report abuse

Wacko. Kind of scary who votes for people like this.

Posted by: jimbobkalina | August 13, 2010 11:33 PM | Report abuse

Just listen to any of his speeches, he is a complete nut case and this story definately has some truth involved. No rational person will likely take him serious.

Posted by: SWAMPYPD | August 13, 2010 11:23 PM | Report abuse

To be fair, the headline is incorrect, Rand is not "running away" from reporters he is walking and talking with a reporter.

Rand's non-denial denial is transparent, he is standing on the legalism that he did not "kidnap" anyone, but he doesn't deny that the incident happened. I'm no lawyer, maybe it wasn't technically a kidnapping, but if it happened, and his lack of denial makes me believe it did, then it was something more than a tastelss prank.

Along with all the other things we are learning about Mr. Rand, his phoney medical board and questionable academic records paint a picture of a morally deficiant soul.

Posted by: Tigersfan | August 13, 2010 9:13 PM | Report abuse

BEWARE THE WRATH OF AQUA BUDDHA, Y'ALL !

Posted by: tobeimean | August 13, 2010 9:05 PM | Report abuse

The Post is milking this for all they can. The woman, who remains unidentified, told Greg Sargent of The Washington Post that the bizarre rituals she recounted in the article did take place, and that Paul was in on the action. It's just that, contrary to media swarm reports, nobody forced her to do it.

Sargent writes in his Plum Line blog on washingtonpost.com that the woman did not mean to imply that Paul and his fellow secret society members kidnapped her and forced her to do anything. "The whole thing has been blown out of proportion," she told Sargent. "They didn't force me, they didn't make me."

Come on WaPo. You are losing what little credibility you hvae left.

Posted by: snowy2 | August 13, 2010 8:36 PM | Report abuse

I used to at least respect this guy's father, Rand Paul is a complete tool. It is his right to hide and refuse interviews and statements, but he HAS to know that is NOT going to help him win public office.

Posted by: free-donny | August 13, 2010 7:43 PM | Report abuse

Weell, well, Mr. Rand! What were you smoking on the evening of the "Aqua Buddha" incident? Did you grow your own or buy it? Enquiring minds want to know!

Posted by: timothyhogan | August 13, 2010 6:30 PM | Report abuse

I had to chuckle at this news item. I read a few of the posts and it's pretty obvious that most readers believe Rand and his Tea Party running mates put on enough of an amusing display without this one.

What's scary is those who would align themselves with such idiocy actually vote.

Posted by: moonglowsun | August 13, 2010 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Anyone want to bet that the bong was not an aqua bong? Sounds more like it had Everclear in it and that stuff will fog anything, including your brain in the present and the past.

This guy fails to realize that, as a political hopeful, he is living the past and the present and the past can be harder to handle than the present. Denial is rough.

Posted by: ronjeske | August 13, 2010 5:41 PM | Report abuse

The story, as the woman now remembers it, is a non-story.I don't know anyone who didn't participate in college pranks, and do foolish, silly things. She said they all were friends and she trusted them--it was fun. As tempting as relating the story was, I would question her maturity and personal ethics.

When will people grow up and stick to the issues, unless there is a relevant side story?

Posted by: coffic | August 13, 2010 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Rand Paul? C'mon! The guy's got his name reversed! And his priorities! And his pants! And he's asking folks to vote him into the Senate? C'mon!

Posted by: JONWINDY | August 13, 2010 5:12 PM | Report abuse

paul, angle, and a slew of other republicons are just plain hair brained nut jobs. The fact that they are candidates is reminiscent of the Monty Python skit about the sensible, silly and very silly parties.

They have to run from legitimate reporters, and lie through their teeth in the ads because no one with an ounce of sense would consider them for even being dog catcher if they actually knew what these crackpots are proposing.

Posted by: John1263 | August 13, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Shame on GQ for allowing this woman to make her accusations anonymously.

Posted by: Ralphinjersey | August 13, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Rand Paul's campaign -- and his politics -- are plenty silly enough for a host of stories. What he may or may not have done in college is pretty irrelevant.

Posted by: js_edit | August 13, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

The original article never said "kidnapping". This has become the straw man of Paul's defence - I didn't do what I wasn't accused of doing. Does he deny the other aspects of the story? And, if he enjoyed a few bong hits as a young man, why would he, as a libertarian, be opposed to legalizing marijuana?

Posted by: dwoolfe | August 13, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dwoolfe | August 13, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dwoolfe | August 13, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if any Democrats will receive this kind of scrutiny from the mainstream media...

The Post's headline says, "Rand Paul runs away from reporters" when the story says, "Rand Paul walked away...". Add to that the fact that this story actually confirms that the core of the allegations were false, and it becomes obvious that the Post is back to their typical sensationalist selves. Sure, dishonesty may help sell a few more papers, but it doesn't do much for the respect this "newspaper" will garner from its readers.

Great job, Post: See you in bankruptcy court.

Posted by: diehardlib | August 13, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Prospective member of the Bohemian Club?? Surely a statue of Acqua Buddha would be nice in their creek...

Posted by: guess_who | August 13, 2010 12:28 PM | Report abuse

The headline is a lie. The story is formatted for sensationalism: creating the impression that Mr. Paul has something to hide. In fact he seems to have confronted the questions and dismissed the charge.

There seems to be no substance to this charge.

Posted by: krush01 | August 13, 2010 12:25 PM | Report abuse

True story, untrue headline..C'mon Rachel, raise your game. Even reporting on Rand Paul matters.

Posted by: bgreen2224 | August 13, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

True stiry, untrue headline..C'mon Rachel, raise your game. Even reporting on Rand Paul matters.

Posted by: bgreen2224 | August 13, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Is that "whoosing" sound you hear coming from the Tea Potty?

Posted by: Bushwhacked1 | August 13, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

This is why people detest the liberal media. Why wasn't Obama's past investigated with a fraction of the tenacity Paul's is?

===

It was.

There just wasn't anything there.

And that's why you guys had to invent the kooky stuff like the fake Kenyan birth certificate.

Posted by: Deirdre_K | August 13, 2010 11:21 AM | Report abuse

"Paul runs from reporters”

Exceptt the video showed him walking, slowly, and answering questions as he went.

Posted by: CharlesMcKay1 | August 13, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

The wingnuts are foaming at the mouth about Robinson's piece alleging that Republicans are kooks. As we speak, the angry Republicans are no doubt bowing to a creek somewhere and praying for Aqua Buddha to wreck vengeance upon Robinson. Perhaps by kidnapping the guy and forcing him to smoke pot.

Posted by: Deirdre_K | August 13, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: cleancut77 | August 13, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Journalistic credablity and ethics?

The Post is simply soft pedaling libel in this case.

An Anonymous source, lovely!

Posted by: ELF2 | August 13, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

OMG! Are you people serious? In high school, we (senior class officers) "kidnapped" the incoming freshman class officers, with their parents' permission, on the first day of school. We didn't smoke pot or drink alcohol (took them to the zoo and breakfast instead). You are saying that I can't run for U.S. Senate now?! Are you the same people DEFENDING Rep. Rangel (D-NY)?

Posted by: clawrence12 | August 12, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

"you wouldn't report something from one anonymous source, particularly accusing somebody of something like that. "

I wonder what Rand thinks about the accusation that Gore sexually harassed a woman who gave him a massage.

Posted by: davewyman | August 11, 2010 5:43 PM | Report abuse

Bbbbbbbut, how can Rand say in truthfulness that he does not remember?

"AQUA BUDDHA" is unforgettable! Imagine taking a deep whiff from the bong, raising your hands in air, chanting the AQUA BUDDHA Mantra and bowing to a Creek. How can you forger this? I don't think I will in my lifetime! This is way too funny.

Posted by: kishorgala | August 11, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Look who moved to the area, and he has some good stories to tell!

Posted by: theaz | August 11, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

THEAZ: "I understand there a high-level politician that was serving in the Illinois State Senate, and he liked to smoke on a Crack Pipe while he had another man perform oral sex on him! Does anybody have a clue who that could be?"

-------------------------------

Rove and his cronies at Fox News must be very desperate and working overtime on new Obama smears. Macho attacks on the First Lady apparently aren't enough for them. Maybe they can call on the ghost of Lee Atwater or check with Palin's witchdoctor.

Where are your witnesses or anything to verify your vile, lying allegations, you Soap Opera Sarah teabagger moron?

Posted by: areyousaying | August 11, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Forced bong hits? Obviously made up by someone who has never smoked. Kinda like "Marijuana Poppies"

Posted by: areyousaying | August 11, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

I hope someone at a Kentucky Catholic parish picnic throws a beer at him - after all, alcohol is a part of the "Jesus approved" hard drugs.

Posted by: areyousaying | August 11, 2010 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Of course, the women always lie, don't they? I have no respect for Rand Paul. He would have been better to 'fess up and just say, "I'm very sorry I did that. I've changed now."

At least George W. Bush did 'fess up. Aside from the fact that he bankrupted the country and caused a depression, that's one thing I admire about him.

Posted by: tinyjab40 | August 11, 2010 8:33 AM | Report abuse

What do you mean he's not for legalizing marijuana?!? This and his libertarianism (which apparently he is running away from if you read Dr. Paul's piece in USA Today today) are the only reasons I like this guy. Why can't he be more like his father?

Posted by: RobertCurleyJacobs | August 11, 2010 6:14 AM | Report abuse

I don't know if this weirdo did this or not. But I do know that no politician should EVER say: "I absolutely deny kidnapping that woman."
He just made the issue legitimate. Now, if he has some weasely "technically that's not kidnapping. It's abduction" defense, he is toast. Well, except that his state voted for Jim Bunning.

Posted by: djah | August 10, 2010 11:27 PM | Report abuse

I don't think there should be any gonvernment regulation against kidnapping. The social free market should be in effect. If you don't want to be kidnapped, don't hang out with kidnappers.

Posted by: minorthread | August 10, 2010 10:29 PM | Report abuse

"I absolutely deny kidnapping anyone ever."

Really, what other qualifications could you possibly want in a Senator?

Posted by: jack824 | August 10, 2010 8:27 PM | Report abuse

Your president ADMITTED that he used crack cocaine, smoked pot, and we can assume - sold his body for a price. There are reports of Obama's homosexual activities circulating...wonder whether GQ is preparing coverage of this story?

Paul is mild compared to Obama's corrupt, lying, thieving, Socialist, Marxist ways...sorry, you didn't convince me.

BTW...is this "woman" a meth-head? Probably looking for some quick dope money.

Posted by: easttxisfreaky | August 10, 2010 8:13 PM | Report abuse

Republicans never stop lying.

He doesn't DENY he did it, he claims he just DOESN'T REMEMBER!

Ha.

I noticed he didn't bother denying the "smoking weed" part of the story.

Posted by: lindalovejones | August 10, 2010 7:11 PM | Report abuse

Republicans never stop lying.

He doesn't DENY he did it, he claims he just DOESN'T REMEMBER!

Ha.

I noticed he didn't bother denying the "smoking weed" part of the story.

Posted by: lindalovejones | August 10, 2010 7:05 PM | Report abuse

While we're at it, has anyone seen his birth certificate?

Posted by: MHawke
=======================

Everyone in the world has seem the Birth Certificate
except
Teabag Koolaide smokin Republicans

BTW where is yours..
or
were you hatched too.
Remember your Creation Science??

ISA

Posted by: vettessman | August 10, 2010 7:05 PM | Report abuse

================

Hey Faux News..
He is right !
Yeah why haven't you!!

ISA

Posted by: vettessman | August 10, 2010 6:59 PM | Report abuse

Why hasn't the dishonest media dug into obama's college transcripts to see what he was up to. Did obama even release his transcripts, if not what is he hiding. Did he ever release his medical records, what is he hiding. There is so much digging to do on this obama but the media is going back 20 years on Rand Paul!!!!!

Posted by: mightyheidi | August 10, 2010 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, but there's no sympathy or credibility for women who, years after the purported act of victimization, sling accusations. Grow up. Keep slinging, liberals ---- your pitiful attempts to discredit candidates on the right are rather pathetic.

Posted by: joesmithdefend | August 10, 2010 12:01 PM | Report abuse

How is that extensive WP investigation into Obama's college years going? I was away on vacation for two weeks and must have missed it. What? 20 months in office and no one at the Post has any interest in investigating why everything from that period in Obama's life has been blocked.

Jason Zengerle a Journolister?

Posted by: RoyT1 | August 10, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Let those of us who never toked it up a little as college student cast the first stone. Oh wait...that's me...I cast the first stone at ye wacky Rand Paul. Really? Is the news here that Rand Paul pulled moronic prank and smoked pot in college or that GQ reported it? Of course the story might indicate that his current strange behavior is either a) a continuation of his college craziness or b) his current behavior is because he's still puffing the magic dragon. Oh...the real story is that he may not have graduated from college before heading to med school. As for those outraged that the WP ran this story...anyone who's ever been in the business knows "sensational" sells...even stooooopid sensational. They're just tryin' to keep folks gainfully employed as the internet continues to destroy the newspaper industry. Give 'em a little slack.

Posted by: tim21 | August 10, 2010 8:53 AM | Report abuse

AQUA BUDDHA IS DISPLEASED !

Posted by: tobeimean | August 10, 2010 1:08 AM | Report abuse

I could only hope that someone out there in the world of what's left of American "journalism" will spend as much time looking into the background of Cussin' Jack Conway as they have Rand Paul. In the end we have a choice between a somewhat eccentric somewhat socially awkward T-Partier named Rand Paul, or a slick politico named Jack Conway who is a dedicated supporter of Obama, Pelosi, and Reid who will vote the Liberal party line every time he's asked. As a Kentucky Democrat, I'm betting on the eccentric guy this time.

Posted by: professorpooky1 | August 9, 2010 10:15 PM | Report abuse

Why didn't he just call a masseuse?

Posted by: sully64 | August 9, 2010 10:14 PM | Report abuse

Why didn't he just call a masseuse?

Posted by: sully64 | August 9, 2010 10:12 PM | Report abuse

Why didn't he just call a masseuse?

Posted by: sully64 | August 9, 2010 10:12 PM | Report abuse

Oh, also, did he ever masturbate when he was a teen? You should investigate and do a story on it. I think that is as just as important this "anonymous" source's experience.

Posted by: doright48 | August 9, 2010 10:09 PM | Report abuse

Keep it coming, Dems. The "Christian" Regressive party has been using such tactics for years to get people to vote against their own best interests. And we see where that has led us. Dirty tricks were the only way the Regressives could win elections, and its well beyond the point that high minded Democrats should start using such stuff against them. But why so early in the game when such charges will likely be forgotten?

Posted by: timchambers1 | August 9, 2010 10:07 PM | Report abuse

Unbelievable! Outrageous! Not Rand but the low to which this paper will go to try to stop Rand Paul. I am from Kentucky, a Democrat and do not like Rand Paul (nor his father). However, this is lowlife journalism. A story from an "anonymous source"...what is beneath you WP? Apparently nothing.

Posted by: doright48 | August 9, 2010 10:05 PM | Report abuse

Keep it coming, Dems. The "Christian" Regressive party has been using such tactics for years to get people to vote against their own best interests. And we see where that has led us. Dirty tricks were the only way the Regressives could win elections for years, and its well beyond the point that high minded Democrats should start using such stuff against them. But why so early in the game when such charges will likely be forgotten?

Posted by: timchambers1 | August 9, 2010 10:03 PM | Report abuse

Keep it coming, Dems. The "Christian" Regressive party has been using such stuff to get people to vote against their own best interests for years. And we see where that has led us. Dirty tricks were the only way the Regressives could win elections for years, and its well beyond the point that high minded Democrats should start using such tactics against them. But why so early in the game when such charges will likely be forgotten?

Posted by: timchambers1 | August 9, 2010 10:01 PM | Report abuse

Sounds like he succeeded and that she never quit

Posted by: mandinka2 | August 9, 2010 9:14 PM | Report abuse

I think I could use a bong hit about now.

Hey, Rand, bro, can you like get me high?

Posted by: montana123 | August 9, 2010 9:06 PM | Report abuse

If we are going back in the past why not cover some of the people liberals drooled over. Ted Kennedy ran a car off a bridge and ran away like a little coward, cleaned up and showed up bright and early in the morning with the family attorney as they were pulling out the car and girl that drowned within. Or how about Byrd who was known to be a member of the KKK in his past. Or what about Obama's association with William Ayers who bombed buildings killing a man who had a young family. Now those are really horrible stories that sure make the aqua budda look rather silly.

Posted by: greatgran1 | August 9, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

If Rand Paul is indeed leading the race in Kentucky it says a lot more about the foolishness of Kentucky than the foolishness of RAND Paul,
And does the fact that Paul doesn't want to legalize marijuana mean he's not a libertarian anymore? What would his daddy and his namesake say about that?

Posted by: shargel | August 9, 2010 7:28 PM | Report abuse

I wonder why the Washington Post went to the trouble to track down 90's era NoZe members (after Paul had left) when the GQ article contained a photo of some of the NoZe Brothers published in a 1983 issue of NoZe Brotherhood's newspaper, The Rope.
There are some interesting things in the GQ article other than the kidnapping incident. I wonder whether any Kentucky voters will be troubled by Rand Paul's involvement in an anti-Christian organization such as the NoZe Brotherhood. It's interesting when one considers that Rand Paul was named after his father's idol, the Christian-hating atheist Ayn Rand. Given that many Tea Party members are conservative Evangelical Christians, some of his prospective supporters may (or may not) be interested to know of his anti-Christian activities in college. The president of Baylor at the time called the group "lewd, crude, and grossly sacrilegious" and decreed that membership would result in expulsion. Is Rand Paul's membership in the anti-Christian group of interest to Kentucky voters? Only they can say.

Posted by: MichaelJEvans | August 9, 2010 7:05 PM | Report abuse

Liberals are so low class and cheesy that it is beyond words. One can always tell the ones they fear the most. This story sounds so stupid and childish that frankly, I would not want to write about it.
If the Democrats are resorting to this, they know they are in deep ca ca.

Posted by: greatgran1 | August 9, 2010 7:05 PM | Report abuse

===

Nah... He hasn't praised any secessionists lately.

That said, there WAS a story last week about him wanting to sell a ~$250M/yr business for ~$500M. Does that qualify as a "hit piece"?

Posted by: mason08 | August 9, 2010 7:03 PM | Report abuse

"... a Paul spokesperson told the Huffington Post, "National Enquirer type stories about Dr. Paul's teenage years should be left to the tabloids where they belong."
___________________________________________

Indeed.

However, when given a chance to deny the story the Paulists remained silent.

Posted by: tojby_2000 | August 9, 2010 6:59 PM | Report abuse

Randy Paul had always seemed to be a little narcissistic to me. This youthful incident comes as no surprise.

Bush administered what he called a Texas tough foul when, while playing intramural fraternity basketball, he undercut an opposing player while in the air going for a lay-up.

Posted by: tojby_2000 | August 9, 2010 6:53 PM | Report abuse

Show us where it been debunked?

Larry Sinclair failed two polygraph tests on his Obama allegations. Stories in February 2008. google the rest.

Posted by: StevenDolley | August 9, 2010 6:12 PM | Report abuse

Ah, The One that missed the flight on the comet Haley Bopp a few years back! Rand should catch the next one without missing it. He is misplaced in this earthly, boring reality.

Posted by: kishorgala | August 9, 2010 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Thank you WAPO. Now we know the origin of the infamous bong hits for Jesus case.

Posted by: rant | August 9, 2010 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Wailing teabaggers here have no problem going back to Obama's college days.

More Huckabee do-as-I-say-ot-as-I-do

Posted by: areyousaying | August 9, 2010 5:47 PM | Report abuse

He just keeps sounding freakier and freakier. And he didn't deny it. Bet he'll be on the front page of the next National Enquirer, where freaks like him belong!

Posted by: solsticebelle | August 9, 2010 5:45 PM | Report abuse

College stories! How sad is the Washington Post now - using college stories.....this is a new low for the Post - I would love to see college stories about Obama and others - The post in now the another National Enquirer....Rand Paul just picked up a slew more votes.

Posted by: Realist201 | August 9, 2010 5:43 PM | Report abuse

"Bow down and worship aqua buddha out there in the creek."

I don't think you could make that up.

Posted by: Deirdre_K | August 9, 2010 5:38 PM | Report abuse

This is ridiculous - going back to his college days - if we did that on ALL the Democrats we would find out much, much worse - just think of a college Bill Clinton, Brack Obama, nancy Pelosi, etc. This is a desperation move by the Dems that will backfire. Paul is comfortably ahead in Kentucky, and this attack will increase his lead. The Dems tried to do the same thing with Bob McDonnell and it was a massive mistake as McDonnel won the election with a double digit lead - Thanks a lot Dems for givng the GOP yet another Senate seat!

Posted by: Realist201 | August 9, 2010 5:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Realist201 | August 9, 2010 5:36 PM | Report abuse

It is a well known fact that all conservatives and/or repubicans were once pot smoking whacked out party guys, until that class they took in college showing them the way to make so much money it blew their minds. At that point, selfishness and greed overtook their more human instincts.

Posted by: swatkins1 | August 9, 2010 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Right, and Clarence Thomas chased after Tawana Brawley with his pubic hair.

(Yes I know it was different woman, but hey... we might as well bring up as many lying Democrats as we can.)

The leftist scum who oppose Paul paid some lowlife to make an accusation. There's nothing more to it than that.

Posted by: jwpegler | August 9, 2010 5:30 PM | Report abuse

Remember what we learned during the Clarence Thomas hearings and subsequent "journalism", it's not the truth of the facts, but the seriousness of the charge. Given that Mr. Paul is a conservative, it would not surprise me if we found out the "anonymous source" is somehow connected to the White House.

Posted by: OveyFan | August 9, 2010 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Unless and until there is corrobation, this tidbit qualifies as nothing more than gossip. Paul makes clear where he stands on real issues: Calls Social Security a “Ponzi scheme” and Medicare “socialism” but opposes cuts to the Medicare reimbursement he receives as a physician; proposes the “tough love” of cutting unemployment benefits; wants to “take our country back” to the era before the 1964 Civil Rights Act and Americans with Disabilities Act; and believes private businesses should be allowed to discriminate.

Don't need no stinkin' bong hits and allegations of kidnapping to sink his candidacy. He's doing a fne job on his own.

Posted by: rukidding1 | August 9, 2010 5:29 PM | Report abuse

They are even referring to this as "KIDNAPPING"!

I think you serve some pretty long prison time for that type of offense, maybe something like LIFE!

Posted by: theaz | August 9, 2010 5:28 PM | Report abuse

Why didn't she throw in "and then they raped me for hours". It couln't have made the story any less believable. This seems a little bit like Tea Party supporters spitting on black congressmen and calling them the N word. Right up the Washington Post's alley. Are we not due for another hit piece on Governor McDonnell? It has been a few months since we have had one published in the Washington Post. Come on get on the ball.

Posted by: fastaire | August 9, 2010 5:26 PM | Report abuse

Sounds pretty credible to me...

The scary part is she's a clinical psychologist.

Actually responsible for patient care.

Posted by: drjcarlucci | August 9, 2010 5:25 PM | Report abuse

The journoList group not only lives, it has taken over the WaPo. GQ will print trashy tabloid type stories because they are trying to sell magazines. The Post is so far in the red that the only way they could survive is if George Soros would buy them out. Oh, now I understand.

Posted by: dcharlson | August 9, 2010 5:21 PM | Report abuse

This story would be harder to swallow if if Paul had not already clearly demonstrated the fact that he is a kook.

As it is, it sounds like something the guy would do.

Posted by: Deirdre_K | August 9, 2010 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Could the source have mis-heard Rand, who was saying not "Aqua Buddha" but rather "Aqua Boogie" - a reference to the hit song on Parliament's 1978 release The Motor Booty Affair? If so, Rand Paul must have been lightyears hipper than most of his Baylor confreres.

Posted by: erik108 | August 9, 2010 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: erik108 | August 9, 2010 5:13 PM | Report abuse

An "unnamed source" with a lunatic story like this is not to be believed. I figure the author is either inventing it out of thin air or colluding with some nut-ball. What has happened to journalism that this would even be allowed in print?

Posted by: mibrooks27 | August 9, 2010 5:11 PM | Report abuse

I'm betting many of the people defending Paul here were screaming about Bill Clinton's admission all those years ago. Personally, I couldn't care less, as Paul is a loon with or without drugs, but it does remind me of a New Yorker cartoon I saw once where two cops were chatting and the caption said, "I smoked marijuana once, it made me want to rape and plunder." Those who take the issue lightly should remember that the next time someone tries to tell them that marijuana use automatically leads to heroin addiction.

Posted by: Koko3 | August 9, 2010 5:06 PM | Report abuse

Hmmmmm. Rand Paul ties up woman and tries to make her take bong hits. He then forces her to bow down and worship "Aqua Buddha".

Seems that even as a young college student Rand Paul was a whack job.

Posted by: Deirdre_K | August 9, 2010 5:06 PM | Report abuse

The amazing part about this is that if Paul were a democrat, these accusations would be resume enhancers.................

Posted by: VirginiaConservative | August 9, 2010 4:39 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If Paul was a DemocRat, it would have NEVER been reported and seen the light of day!

Posted by: theaz | August 9, 2010 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Shall we compare Rand Paul's college pranks to Obama's more current relationship with his VERY racist preacher, Reverend Wright? I'd say that's a fair comparison.

Posted by: whisperonthewind | August 9, 2010 4:59 PM | Report abuse

wow I can't believe the amount of stupidity on this message board. you should be ashamed of yourselves, libs. Washington ComPost at its finest.

Posted by: jahjah | August 9, 2010 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Not Larry Sinclair again? He's been thoroughly debunked..........

Posted by: StevenDolley | August 9, 2010 4:33 PM

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Show us where it been debunked?

In fact, during the Puerto Rico Primary, the Obama CAMPAIGN sent an Attorney Spokesman to address the issue; and he did NOT deny that Obama and Sinclair did not previously meet!

Also, he been saying this for 2.5 YEARS with many threats against him, and not a hole in his story that would contradict the truth of it!

Posted by: theaz | August 9, 2010 4:57 PM | Report abuse

While we're at it, has anyone seen his birth certificate?

Posted by: MHawke | August 9, 2010 4:54 PM | Report abuse

virginiaConservative wrote: The amazing part about this is that if Paul were a democrat, these accusations would be resume enhancers.
___________________________________________

That's because Democrats know that all os us, being human and all, can and do get "Freaky." WE don't try to tell other people how to worship, what they may or may not ingest, who they are allowed to love and marry, what sex acts are permissable, what they should be allowed to read in school- that's folks like you guys- you know holier-than-thou-exclusive owners of the TRUTH. Because YOU know how the rest of us SHOULD BE.

The only Freedom you folks really champion is the freedom to make money hand over fist without any pesky regulations without giving anything back to the society in which you live; and the freedom to try to manipulate the government to give you the power to tell the rest of us how to live, and who to go to war against.

Posted by: interactidiomas | August 9, 2010 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Ha, that's kind of funny. We worshipped the Supernatural Anaesthetist. If he was a Kennedy he would have forced her to drink a bottle of scotch, ravaged her, then hit her in the head with a rock and shoved her into river. Kinda tame in comparison.

Posted by: dgb100 | August 9, 2010 4:53 PM | Report abuse

I do not take any anonymous charges seriously. It is a shame to have printed this.

BattleoffSamar - Many medical schools will accept candidates into their freshman class that have completed only three years of undergraduate work - if they have taken all the pre requisits of the university in question. These three year students can then recieve as batchelor of science from the university at which they are attending medical school. I know - I was one of the three year pre med students that was accepted to my state universitys college of medicine.

Posted by: sauerkraut | August 9, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, let's all of us have people that knew us when we were in college tell stories about how may have behaved at one time or another...all these self-righteous folk- there were more than a few people bed-hopping, binge-drinking, drug-taking- stupid-dare taking, joing clubs, organizations and Frats that were sponsors of typical collegic excess- What? you thought people went to college already completely matured, responsible and boring?

I bet there is even some hanky-panky happening at Oral Roberts and Liberty; I know there is at Brigham Young! It's called being young and alive.

Posted by: interactidiomas | August 9, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Really folks, for the last 4 years the media has been working overtime to overcome, silence and ignore anything about the messiah. Yet this sort of tripe will be repeated as gospel - just as the vicious things said about Palin - over and over again until it becomes one of those things your crazy neighbor just "knows."

Meantime, we have a lunatic in the White House who is more concerned over Jews building houses in Jerusalem than his muslim nut case friends building nuclear weapons in Iran.

Keep pluckin that chicken.

Posted by: VirginiaConservative | August 9, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Can you spell "Anita Hill?"

So the Democrats found some like-minded woman who knew Paul in college and decides to spin some wild story to discredit him.

Or maybe she's telling the truth. In that case, it all must be written down in the police report she filed for having been kidnapped.

Of course there is no police report. How convenient.

Posted by: InTheMiddle | August 9, 2010 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Not Larry Sinclair again? He's been thoroughly debunked.

And look at his August 7 post on his alleged Secret Service stop, reposted above ... he can't even keep straight, within his own narrative, where he supposedly was when pulled over. On the street or in a garage? Who knows?

"Today I was pulled over

on the street is where one's "pulled over"

wait, now he's in a parking garage

I was searched as was my car. I was held on the street

nope, now he's on the street ...

by 5 uniformed SS Agents until 2 plain clothes agents in a black SUV arrived."

Posted by: StevenDolley | August 9, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Even if there is the remotest chance that there is a sliver of truth to this - so what?

In the era of murdering Kennedys, drug addled Franken, coke snorting Obama, we don't even need to consider the degeneracy of Barney Frank... THIS makes the radar screen?

You have got to be kidding.

Posted by: VirginiaConservative | August 9, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

If the news organizations are going to report on random, uncollaborated accusations like this, they also might as well have reported on the YouTube accusation from some dope, Larry Sinclair, claiming that he'd had gay sex and done coke with Obama. Both accusations have about just as much credibility, so why report on a smear against Paul and not on every nut coming out of the woodwork claiming something against Obama?

If there isn't some sort of proof other than simply a person's word on the matter, then news organizations shouldn't be reporting this kind of stuff. It only encourages more smears and more lies by providing the mechanism to make the smears effective. Investigate the claim, but if no other proof can be found, then this kind of junk should never see print.

Or maybe the media is actually out to destroy Paul, whereas they were promoting Obama?

Posted by: blert | August 9, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

I'm sorry, but has there been any fact-checking done on this story? I find Rand Paul's attitude puerile and his ideas sophomoric, at best, but is this journalism?

If this is true, then Rand Paul should retire from public life, probably to a federal prison; if not, it's libel to publish the story.

Much as I find Paul's agenda to be based on superstition and other false assumptions, much as I believe him to be a dangerously simple-minded reactionary schoolboy with delusions of enlightenment, this story cries for confirmation before publication, and I see no evidence that the necessary journalistic legworkk has been done on this.

If confirmation, or even corroboration, exists, it should be presented forthwith; if not, the story should be retracted.

Posted by: lonquest | August 9, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

He got his bachelors.

But it was spread out.

He spend a year at Hawaii . . .

then one at Montana State . . .

Then back to Hawaii . . .

then a community college in Wasilla,

then . . . .

Posted by: trenda | August 9, 2010 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Will Rand give me bong hits if I volunteer for his campaign? If so, COUNT ME IN!

Posted by: Garak | August 9, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Okay, Republicans. Let's hear you defend this clown. You have plenty of practice defending that dunce, George Bush, so a freak like Paul should be no problem. Bring it on!

Posted by: sslatten3 | August 9, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

I think the fact that Rand Paul didn't get his bachelor's degree is the bigger news - without that, he is not qualified to be an Opthalmologist and is therefore guilty of serious felonies - i.e. Practicing medicine without a valid license.

Posted by: BattleOffSamar | August 9, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Getting a bit desperate aren't we ?

Posted by: olthadi | August 9, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

psychoalphadiscobetabioaquabuddha

Posted by: HardyW | August 9, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Paul is an OPTHAMOLOGIST, so OF COURSE he HAD to learn about the medicinal properties of pot as they relate to GLAUCOMA.

It's elementary!

Posted by: BattleOffSamar | August 9, 2010 4:20 PM | Report abuse

I think this woman is just trying to smear the guy. It doesn't sound like she really objected to the experience and since she obviously didn't report it to the police, what's the big deal now?

Posted by: manicdrummer | August 9, 2010 4:19 PM | Report abuse

(CNN) -- One American president's legitimacy was questioned because he was accused of wearing women's underwear.

Another's qualifications were questioned because he got drunk at an inaugural ball.

A third president didn't belong in office because critics said his rich daddy stole the election.

A recent CNN poll revealed that one out of four Americans doubt that President Obama is a citizen. Many are "birthers" who believe he is an illegitimate president because he wasn't born in this country.

But historians say Americans have long accused their presidents of being illegitimate officeholders for all sorts of dark, and bizarre, reasons.

"Heavens, where do I start?" says David Crockett, an associate professor of political science at Trinity University in Texas.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It appears through the JournoList lenses of retrospects, that CNN is attempting to legitimizes, the illegitimate Presidency of Obama?

Posted by: theaz | August 9, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

It was just a matter of time before the chickens came home to roost. Rand Paul is an idiot and he deserves this.

Posted by: adrienne_najjar | August 9, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

"Defin[i]tely a case of innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by a jury of peers."

He's not on trial. Please try to keep up.

The guy is a nutjob, pure and simple. His own statements are more than enough to paint him as a lunatic. This is just icing.

Posted by: GoldAndTanzanite | August 9, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Aqua Buddha? Does it also freshen up your skin after a close shave like Aqua Velva?

Will the kid who lost in the Supreme Court for his "bong Hits 4 Jesus" shirt now start marketing "Bong Hits 4 Rand" shirts?

Posted by: Garak | August 9, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Aqua Buddha-vey funny.

Posted by: corgiherder | August 9, 2010 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Now that I know he smoked weed, I think I'd vote for him.

Posted by: blarsen1 | August 9, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

1. How credible is this accusation?

2. Definately a case of innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by a jury of peers.

Posted by: mhoust | August 9, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Not really needed. Rand Paul has gotten way more than enough undisputed nutjob fringe comments into the press already. Bring back segregation? Gut the Americans with Disabilities Act? This guy is certifiable.

Posted by: GoldAndTanzanite | August 9, 2010 3:55 PM | Report abuse

So the dumocrats are now believing some woman who comes out of the woodwork and says Rand Paul kidnapped her twenty something years ago? My God, they are so desparate they'll do and say anything!!!!

Posted by: panamajack | August 9, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Rand Paul needs to do a bong hit now.

Posted by: witchofwestghent | August 9, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

@DCSteve1 - don't feed the trolls and they will starve...

===============================

Yeah, Stevie don't feed the trolls!

Posted by: theaz | August 9, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

To the site moderator: I make the same request about Jiji1 (see below), who seems to be competing with theaz to post the most vile and hateful comments.

(I have been clicking on the "report abuse" link about "theaz," but it is not working. I hope you fix that soon, but first, please block this individual from posting anything else on your site indefinitely. Theaz has repeatedly abused the rules forbidding personal attacks and offensive comments, and is clearly unstable. The rest of us should not have to endure more of his rants.)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cry me a river Stevie, you haven't been personally attacked by me?

Posted by: theaz | August 9, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

@DCSteve1 - don't feed the trolls and they will starve...

Posted by: funkey | August 9, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DCSteve1 | August 9, 2010 3:07 PM | Report abuse

To the site moderator: I have been clicking on the "report abuse" link about "theaz," but it is not working. I hope you fix that soon, but first, please block this individual from posting anything else on your site indefinitely. Theaz has repeatedly abused the rules forbidding personal attacks and offensive comments, and is clearly unstable. The rest of us should not have to endure more of his rants.

Posted by: DCSteve1 | August 9, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Rand Paul is a kidnapper.

Posted by: paul65 | August 9, 2010 3:01 PM | Report abuse

DCSteve1, I am not and have never been a psychologist.

Get back to raping yourself.

Posted by: jiji1 | August 9, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

In what messed up world of yours is taking a college girl against her will, tying her up, and trying to make her do drugs with you an okay thing? How is that "wild and crazy" college times?

-------------------------------------

Into what braindead ether has your reading comprehension gone? I made it clear that I find these "accusations" flat out not credible. Either you've been living under a rock, or are insincere, to not grasp that it has become routine for former acquaintances who might have done some wild stuff to try and destroy political careers with vivid recollections of past indiscretions. To repeat: I don't believe the accuser. Sounds like typical college stuff. When she says "forced", I doubt she means as in the way you seem to think. 99% of college students, male or female, would file charges if they were actually "forced" into a car and driven to a remote location against their will. She's anoymous. She's lying. Have I made it clear enough?

Posted by: pyellman | August 9, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

"The TP is not about qualifications, experience (LOL), or anything else."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah. Let me catch my breath. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. An Obama supporter slamming someone for lack of qualifications and experience. Man, you can't make up hypocrisy that awesome.

Posted by: Bob65 | August 9, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Who will keep the USA from invading other countries?
Who will say no to bailouts?
Who would never have voted for TARP?
Who will enforce immigration laws?
===================================
Add to the above

Who will ensure you have access to the most killer Columbian gold or kick butt sinsemellia pot?

Rand Paul

Posted by: montana123 | August 9, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

The accuser requested anonymity which mean her credibility is zero.

Who will keep the USA from invading other countries?
Who will say no to bailouts?
Who would never have voted for TARP?
Who will enforce immigration laws?

Rand Paul

Posted by: SportingGoods | August 9, 2010 2:45 PM | Report abuse

"27 years ago? Boy, those attorneys with the Democratic Party that are doing background checks, are working overtime.

Maybe attorneys with the Democratic Party should talk to the diaper delivery service to see what type of poop he excreted?"

Does the term 'swift-boating' ring any bells? Y'all made a genuine Vietnam vet who actually saw action into a traitor and a silver-spooned Nam avoiding Bushie boy into a hero.

Well done.

"Sounds like the typical college pranks you found in California, during this period, also."

I agree. But then you have the phrase 'Those who live by the sword die by the sword'.

Although college hazing at that level shouldn't be condoned I know it happens.

The problem is the GOP has been using scorched earth Atwater/Rove attacks for 50 years and now y'all cry like babies when someone returns the favor.

Posted by: aartmann112004 | August 9, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

LOL!

Rand Paul is a pot head!

Posted by: montana123 | August 9, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

"Anonymous accusations -- golden. Right. Sounds exactly like a genuine kidnapping, not like some college kids gettin' wild. What anonymous fails to tell us is, did she take the bong hits, get down on her knees, and worship Aqua Budda? And was she laughing so hard her sides hurt when she did it?

Everyone knows what this is. Former college friends, did some crazy stuff, now parted political ways and the anon woman wants to hurt her old college pal. Usually, it's liberals who pull this #R#%%%^ -- they have no principles or loyalty -- but not always.

Posted by: pyellman | August 9, 2010 2:32 PM"
======================================

The fact that you rant against Democrats in your ramblings tells me that you're nothing more than a partisan hack.

Posted by: ClandestineBlaze | August 9, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Did he fill the Bong with liquor or beer, instead of water?

Otherwise, this is just child play!

Posted by: theaz | August 9, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

It would make no difference to the Tea Party faithful if Paul committed a variety of felonious acts.

The TP is not about qualifications, experience (LOL), or anything else. It is about posturing, half-understood economic concepts, the Lost Cause, and racism.

The TP adherents will support their annointed candidates because they are incapable of looking beyond their narrow prejudices.

Posted by: inplants | August 9, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Support liberty and freedom!

Legalize marijuana!

Tea baggers, where are you!

All us freedom lovin' pot smokers need you to stand up for our right to get high!

Posted by: montana123 | August 9, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Let look at what The Honorable James David Manning of HARLEM, has to say about Obama college years:

Unseal Obama's Records And Lips

Oh, and look what he was saying back in May 2008 video as well:

The Trinity of Hell

Posted by: theaz | August 9, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: pyellman | August 9, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Another transparent attempt to appeal to Democratic voters. Nobody has said what type of tea it is they have in those tea bags, but I'm beginning to wonder.

Posted by: PrattleinSeattle | August 9, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Replying to: "I understand there a high-level politician that was serving in the Illinois State Senate, and he liked to smoke on a Crack Pipe while he had another man perform oral sex on him!

Does anybody have a clue who that could be?
Posted by: theaz | August 9, 2010 2:16 PM"

Sorry, theaz, but you understand nothing and have no clue. If there were a scintilla of evidence for such grotesque smears, Breitbart, Drudge and other purveyers of filth would be running it 24/7. The fact that you're willing to traffic in such lies tells us everything we need to know about you.

===============================

Scintilla?

Is there any scintilla to the Rand Paul story?

Hey Larry Sinclair just moved to Washington DC, look what he's recounting from this weekend in his new hometown:

Published August 7, 2010

Today I was pulled over by the US Secret Service after driving down Pennsylvania Ave looking for a parking space. I was ordered out of my vehicle, ordered to put my hands on my head then on the wall of the parking garage, I was searched as was my car. I was held on the street by 5 uniformed SS Agents until 2 plain clothes agents in a black SUV arrived.

I was asked why I went to the National Press Club; who invited me to the NPC and why. They wanted to know the addresses of where I had gone to look at renting. They gave me a phone number for the DC office telling me to call them and tell them its "Larry Sinclair, I am calling to update my address!" I was photographed on the street by four different agents and camera's as was my car and my Lic Plate. In addition the Secret Service tried to say there was... a warrant in Florida for my arrest which is completely untrue! When I was finally told I could go, the original agent who pulled me over told me he had to give me a ticket to justify stopping me to begin with. The agents with the exception of the brashness in ordering me out of my car and to put my hands on my head, were respectful from then on. Agents stated "you do know what this is about and you understand it is not going to be the last time this happens." US Secret Service Agent Tomezak (his handwriting is hard to read) Badge Number 1367 was the agent to first pull me over. He stated he knew my plate number by heart and my vehicle description. I know he was just doing what he was ordered to do, but when does this abuse and misuse of the Secret Service to harass people stop?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Secret Service knows of him real well!!!

Posted by: theaz | August 9, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

How come no Republicans support legalizing marijuana?

I thought Republicans were in favor of "freedom" and want to get the government off our backs and "out of our lives."

What gives, Repubs?

Why can't I legally smoke a joint or do a bong hit in the privacy of my house?

Posted by: montana123 | August 9, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Yes, Theaz, it was you. Scratch under the skin of any nutball conservative, and you find a raging desire to be a hedonist.

Enjoy voting for Rand Paul, you seem like his logical soulmate.

Posted by: noGOP4me | August 9, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Pics or it never happened

Posted by: fleeciewool | August 9, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Does anybody have a clue who that could be?
Posted by: theaz | August 9, 2010 2:16 PM"

Posted by: DCSteve1 | August 9, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, but bong hits in college dont count.

Posted by: nuke41 | August 9, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

This is VERY FUNNY!

Paul is a libertarian so I suppose he would support legalizing pot. If so, he's got my vote!

Country Joe And The Fish:

Don't bogart that joint, my friend
Pass it over to me
Don't bogart that joint, my friend
Pass it over to me

Roll another one
Just like the other one
You've been hangin on to it
And I sure would like a hit

Don't bogart that joint, my friend
Pass it over to me
Don't bogart that joint, my friend
Pass it over to me

Rolllllllllllllllll another one
Just like the other one
That one's just about burned to the end
So come on and be a real friend

Don't bogart that joint, my friend
Pass it over to me
Don't bogart that joint, my friend
Pass it over to me

Everybody sing along this time

Don't bogart that joint, my friend
Pass it over to me
Don't bogart that joint, my friend
Pass it over to me

Posted by: montana123 | August 9, 2010 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Smoking pot in college -- normal.

Kidnapping women -- not so much.

Rand Paul is a dangerous unconvicted felon who should be defeated in November, just like the rest of his lunatic party members. The Tea Party and all its members are a few bags short in the brains and ethics department.

Posted by: dee5 | August 9, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Replying to: "The craziest, most disturbed people tend to become psychologists. Scary.
Posted by: jiji1 | August 9, 2010 1:52 PM"

Actually, Jiji1, they post vile attacks like yours. You should be ashamed of yourself for smearing the victim instead of addressing her allegations.

Posted by: DCSteve1 | August 9, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

If you listen carefully you can hear the sound of something hitting a fan at the Rand Paul Campaign Headquarters.

Posted by: Bushwhacked1 | August 9, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Does anybody have a clue who that could be?

Posted by: theaz | August 9, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

These things will catch up with you if you go into higher level politics. No surprise here.

Posted by: mmurray2 | August 9, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Computer_Forensics_Expert_Computer_Expert_Witness | August 9, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Rand Paul lied about graduating from college.

Posted by: paul65 | August 9, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mmurray2 | August 9, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Rand Paul does drugs.

Posted by: paul65 | August 9, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mmurray2 | August 9, 2010 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Rand Paul is a felon.

Posted by: paul65 | August 9, 2010 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Isn't kidnapping a major felony?

Just wondering.

TIA

Posted by: paul65 | August 9, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

This sounds like a Democratic eleventh hour smear campaign.

Posted by: mike85 | August 9, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Also, as this is The Obama blog, where is Obama's comment on this pressing issue???

Posted by: jiji1 | August 9, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

The craziest, most disturbed people tend to become psychologists. Scary.

Posted by: jiji1 | August 9, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

The craziest, most disturbed people tend to become psychologists. Scary.

Posted by: jiji1 | August 9, 2010 1:51 PM | Report abuse

The craziest, most disturbed people tend to become psychologists. Scary.

Posted by: jiji1 | August 9, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

The craziest, most disturbed people tend to become psychologists. Scary.

Posted by: jiji1 | August 9, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Whew. The statute of limitations on kidnapping within the State of Texas is only 5 years. We won't have to worry about an arrest.

That's interesting. You can shoot someone in the back while they're running away from you and call it self defense but if you can slide for 5 years on kidnapping you're home free.

It almost sounds like Texas has made crime a sport.

Posted by: James10 | August 9, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Sure he's not a democrat?

Posted by: cmsatown | August 9, 2010 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Bong Hits for Jesus....

Posted by: Geopolitics101 | August 9, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

FORCED bong hits? bwaaahahahaha! Wow. Now we see how the so-called morals and values folks down there in Jesustan react. If he were a Dem the GOP'd portray him as a needle pushing pimp... Just sayin'.

He who lives by the sword dies by the sword.

Posted by: aartmann112004 | August 9, 2010 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Rand Paul is a hypocrite who is not who he says he is.

Posted by: paul65 | August 9, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Rand Paul is an idiot. This story ,true or false, has no influence on my opinion. Paul is a nut case, and is incapable of representing KY in the U.S. Senate .
So he smoked pot in college, no big deal, actually shows he was somewhat normal at one time.

The man is an idiot.