Meghan McCain breaks silence on Sarah Palin

By Matt DeLong

Meghan McCain said Tuesday that Sarah Palin brought "drama, stress, complications, panic and loads of uncertainty" to her father's failed 2008 presidential campaign, breaking her long media silence on the former Alaska governor on "Good Morning America." McCain is making the rounds to promote her new book, "Dirty Sexy Politics."

Although McCain wrote that during the campaign she wondered whether the loss "was Sarah Palin's fault," McCain told "Good Morning America" in an exclusive interview today that Palin was not the reason the campaign failed.
"I do clearly state at the end that we did not lose because of her, and I'm speaking out now because I do have conflicting feelings about her," McCain told "gam's" George Stephanopoulos. "She brought so much momentum and enthusiasm to the campaign."

When asked if Palin is a candidate she could support in 2012, McCain deflected the question.

"Anyone could be my candidate at this point," McCain said. "I really don't like these hypothetical questions." She added that she "would have to see" before deciding whether to vote for Palin.

McCain also said that she left the campaign when she was asked to go and not come back.

Watch:

By Matt DeLong  |  August 31, 2010; 10:41 AM ET
Categories:  44 The Obama Presidency
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Glenn Beck launches conservative news site The Blaze
Next: Ad of the Day: Meet the GOP's 'young guns'

Comments

How can anyone make a real analysis of the McCain presidential run, when there are so many unknowns about why and when. But, it was evident from day one of the introduction of Palin that she was not up to the job, TO LATE! It was too late for the McCain camp to back out and as a result (?) down went the Republican effort for 2008, maybe. Was McCain the better man for the job? Well, it was noted in the press, reluctantly, that McCain was making more and more gaffs in 2008 before and after the primary and Obama seemed to be mister teflon. So, McCain's election machine for sure had a wobbly wheel and with Palin, (I think) it had a wobbly wheel and a flat tire. So, who should be in the oval office? I guess we got the best of it.

Posted by: oren1956 | September 2, 2010 11:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: oren1956 | September 2, 2010 11:57 PM | Report abuse

John McCain would be president today if he would have picked a man as his running mate. Anyone who listens to the "LIPSTICK" talk for about one minute would decide very quickly that she has no business running for any office. She hired all of Bush's speech writers and became an instant "LIAR" when the truth would have been easier and smarter. Now most of her followers are right wing nut cases.

Posted by: SWAMPYPD | September 1, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Petras 123: You got it exactly right and with a wonderful sense of humor.

The trashing of Sarah Palin is unjust and just plain wrong and in a few words, you said it all. Thank you. You made my morning.

Posted by: Kansas28 | September 1, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

She should admit, we lost because my father John McCain was over the hill. His focus, mind and speach were clearly disconnected. All ABC wanted was some more negative comments on Palin. While she needs to peddle her book. "I do clearly state at the end that we did not lose because of her, and I'm speaking out now because I do have conflicting feelings about her," McCain told "gam's" George Stephanopoulo, the grinning robo boy toy.

Posted by: ZebZ | September 1, 2010 8:54 AM | Report abuse

I admit that I'd have a very hard time voting for Palin, but Meghan McCain is a twit and her daddy is another old hack who needs to go. So as far as I'm concerned, they all deserved each other. Just don't misread this as an endorsement for the Democrats!

Posted by: Lilycat11 | September 1, 2010 8:49 AM | Report abuse

Open the wardrobe is not yet found love after another the

right clothes? So, also waiting for? Immediate action bar!

Welcome to { http://ta.gg/4or } sure you will find

what you need. Moreover, the company has a good reputation,

product quality standards, at reasonable prices. Over the

years, has been well received by overseas friends for their

support. Therefore, please rest assured purchase.

welcome to :====== http://ta.gg/4or ====

*******
*******
*******
*******
*******

Posted by: itkonlyyou259 | September 1, 2010 8:33 AM | Report abuse

Read an insider story about the current state of the hedge fund market:

Posted by: freighter | September 1, 2010 3:32 AM | Report abuse

The Palin decision, WHOEVER made it, doomed McCain. No one wants someone in the WHITE HOUSE who makes decisions out of panic and desperation. McCain, like Simpson, is just another useless relic sucking at the political teat for an identity. And in the end, not doing the jobs they are be paid
to do.
Talk about welfare.

Posted by: charlesalmon | September 1, 2010 1:53 AM | Report abuse

Meghan McCain is a progressive, just like her daddy, she's just more to the left than he is. Need proof, check out her blogs.

Posted by: dcharlson | September 1, 2010 1:45 AM | Report abuse

it's just incredible the "lows" that constitute news nowadays. This nit wit whose only credibility is being someones daughter, other than that she could be a clerk at WalMart..she goes on some cretinous television show and carries on about, get ready, drum roll please....another ninny of the third degree, Sarah Palin, a should be jailed tax cheat,disgraced former governor and all around blockhead. She has the parenting skills of ..well, none actually,can lie with the best of them and the best part. She's being groomed to be our next President. God help us all.

Posted by: houndog | September 1, 2010 12:51 AM | Report abuse

a side note: Palin admitted to thinking about having an abortion and she decided against that (Isn't that choice). It is not my business, it was her choice! I just do not get that she does not want other women to have that choice? The thing that totally confuses me the most about the Republican stand is that they do not support public policy to provide for all these births/these human beings? (It appears as though they want them born into families that are already struggling, and usually on the lower economic rung of the ladder. Why would they want that? They even oppose birth control. It seems as thought they want women barefoot and pregnant, yet do not want to provide the support for these children that seems very unchristian to me? I do not get this thinking or behavior, especially if they want a truly strong America.
As for Meghan, she only said Sarah was a drama queen, so what, get over it- Sarah is laughing all the way to the bank.

Posted by: darma2u | August 31, 2010 11:17 PM | Report abuse

veerle1: Thank you my son turned me on to that show, you made my night.. actually to eerily close to the truth..am so loling

Posted by: darma2u | August 31, 2010 10:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: darma2u | August 31, 2010 10:37 PM | Report abuse

WHAT silence!? Meghan McCain "breaks silence" on Sarah Palin? WHAT SILENCE is that? As if we are all sitting around breathlessly waiting for Meghan's remarks. We aren't.

Posted by: Craig_Colgan | August 31, 2010 9:21 PM | Report abuse

Sorry Shadowsmgc who writes that nobody can surpass the positive publicity and support that Sarah Palin generates: I ask, Does positive publicity and support (by a bunch of stupid people) make a good president? Answer: NO

Posted by: gawalker32606 | August 31, 2010 8:07 PM | Report abuse

I wish the little heffer had spoken up before Palin endorsed her worthless dad. Maybe then, Palin would have seen him for the two face blithering idiot turncoat he really is. Now, we'll likely have to deal with him for another "cross the aisle" 6 years.

Posted by: gabazland | August 31, 2010 8:02 PM | Report abuse

Mike Judge should make a live-action movie of "King of the Hill", with Sarah Palin as self-deluding, Peggy Hill. Glenn Beck could be pasty, fat, and self-righteous, "Hank Hill".

Rush Limbaugh could play "Mr. Strickland", Hank's imbecilic boss.

Get the contracts drawn up, Mr. Judge. The screenplay is on the way.

Posted by: veerle1 | August 31, 2010 7:57 PM | Report abuse

rpixley220: I know of quite a few folks that were ready to vote for McCain, but were horrified by Pallin, and instead voted for Obama.

Posted by: steve1231 | August 31, 2010 7:33 PM | Report abuse

To MikeJ9116, sorry my friend but racism is still very much a part of this country.

There was a documentary done during the campaign where whites freely spelled out their feelings. First of all, even the American press is still full of racism.
The Documentary was entitled, "Right America feeling Wronged"

All across the nation they asked white people if they were "READY" for a black president, as if a "black" president was some wierd abstract idea. Some whites were adamant about it. A couple of guys said, "no way I'm voting for a "N!"

But to your surprise (evidently because you are one of the few people who think racism is GONE), a substantial amount of whites answered with a resounding 'NO!"

Polls say that most of the people who voted for McCain were not thrilled about McCain, but were NOT ready for a black president.

So don't you be one of these whites who like to say that because they are not racist, that there is no more racism.
My guess is you are not a criminal either, but that doesn't mean crime has gone away.

So to whites like you I say, the bear dumps in the woods even though you don't see him do so.

BTW, blacks bring up racism when they see it. Us bringing it up always annoys whites because whites don't see it.

Whites didn't "see" the racsim in America's segregation. They didn't even act as if it was wrong. That is why a poor little seamstress in Alabama had to "bring it up." The fine white ladies and gentlemen on the buses evidently thought that blacks being confined to the rear was just peachy keen.

So we couldn't wait any longer for white people to do the right thing. Little Miss Rosa Parks and other poor blacks had to risk life and livelihood, because whites, to a man, didn't raise a hand or even a finger against an obvious and blatant racism.

So here we are to day, still trying to rid the nation of ALL racism, not just some of it. And just like clockwork, when we raise it today, whites who are clueless to it(just like on the buses in Alabama) are accusing us of playing the race card.

Yes, we continue to wonder why whites remain clueless. But that part is okay.

What is NOT okay is whites having the audacity of accusing us of playing the race card, just because they don't want to hear about any racism.

I know, I know. It ruins your comfort zone to admit that racism still exists. So you pretend that blacks are making it up or "playing the race card."

What's ironic is that whites - including you - see and hear racist crap all the time. Like in your lily-white carpools (Ah to be a fly on the dashboard of YOUR car, MikeJ9.)

If whites were to denounce racist remarks by other whites, say, in the carpool, for example, that would be a bg step in wiping it out.

Do you, MikeJ9, denounce racist remarks by other whites when you hear them MikeJ9?
Probably not. Racism against people of color is nowhere near as important as keeping a friend, eh Mike?

Posted by: dredscott1 | August 31, 2010 7:19 PM | Report abuse

"having seen how Palin has conducted herself and the success she has had post-2008, this puts meghan in the same boat as a LEVI JOHNSTON.

SUDDENLY, meghan is clearly a liar without a single doubt. she just did herself in.

another thing: only reason mcCain was considered by many for another term is that these people remember that it was he who brought us Sarah Palin."

Ugh. I just barfed a little in my mouth. Just couldn't keep it down after reading this sickening thought.

Posted by: changingfaces | August 31, 2010 7:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ChooseBestCandidate | August 31, 2010 6:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ChooseBestCandidate | August 31, 2010 6:54 PM | Report abuse

i mean no disrespect to Meghan, but it is quite possible some of the loss was due more in part to meghan mcCain? why was she asked to leave?

i also find it intresting that she apparently has no political standing of worth other than by means of relative-relationahip/her Dad; but exactly what has she done politically or IS DOING politically besides having an opinion on things? is she worthy of being interviewed on responsible issues? she isnt even a first lady.

he dad didnt pick up momentum UNTIL palin showed up. her dad was losing again in Arizona UNTIL PALIN SHOWED UP. these are not political views. these are facts.

Posted by: ChooseBestCandidate | August 31, 2010 6:51 PM | Report abuse

You can tell Meghan McCain that her father got one more vore in Maryland in 2008 than he would've gotten if he didn't have Sarah Palin on his ticket. I got a McCain/Palin bumper sticker, and I cut McCain's name off of it before I put it on my car. Then I voted the Republican line for President and Vice-President, because that was the ONLY way I was able to vote for Palin. One could've chosen a write-in candidate, but a little known fact is that, in Maryland, one must choose his write-in candidate from a list of specific supplied names or his/her vote wouldn't count at all.

Posted by: jpbill1 | August 31, 2010 6:11 PM |
-------------------------------------------
You did exactly what I'd planned to to. I applaud you. You too necessary action. I only contemplated it. I did vote for Sarah,, however. John McCain, whom I like and respect, for his service to America, is "not" a Conservative. I voted for Sarah. But, even a John McCain, at age 77, in 2012, would "still" be head and shoulders above O'bama, as President.
Dennis
-------------------------------------------
I have to say that I disagree with Meghan's assessment that Sarah Palin didn't lose the election for John McCain. I would say that that decision was the biggest one tipping many, many people away from McCain to Obama. While I was already supporting Obama, I have never contributed to a Presidential campaign until Sarah Palin was selected. I was appalled that a coarse, foreign policy illiterate do nothing was just one "heart beat" away from being our president. Considering John McCain's age and cancer history, I thought it was appalling that Palin would be that close to the presidency. While it was a "maverick" idea to select her, in the end it was his undoing.

Posted by: kathymce | August 31, 2010 5:57 PM | Report abuse
-------------------------------------------
Sorry Kathymce; but, a dose of "reality."
Even Ronnie Milsap, Stevie Wonder, and the late Ray Charles can see that Sarah was McCain's "only" hope, and prayer.
Do a simple test, that "even" a Liberal/Democrat can understand.
List on one hand, the "right hand" Sarah, and two "other" Repubiicans, that can draw as much positive publicity, and support as Sarah can, and does with regularity.
Save your energy, Kathymce.
There "is" no other Republican, or Policitian, except perhaps, Glenn Beck, that can marshall the measure of support that Sarah does. Fuggitaboutit.
There simply "is" no other.
Ask Stevie Wonder. He can see the reality, and the truth of this question. I wonder why Democrat/Liberals have such a problem with Reality??
Dennis

Posted by: Shadowsmgc | August 31, 2010 6:45 PM | Report abuse

Obama is... okay. Done some good things. Done some things I don't really agree with.

What boggles my mind though, are people who say HE ruined the country. As if the country was doing just fine in January of 2009 when he took office. Seriously, those who hate Obama (I'm assuming those who claim to be Conservative and vote Conservaive even though the last true Repub was Eisenhower)... please explain to me how our current situation is NOT because of Bush's fault and the 6 years of Repub controlled congress? I mean, 2 major tax cuts, 2 major wars not included in his budgets, and med part d not funded. Check the CBO... this is why our country went from prosperity to being in debt to China. You complain about stimulus spending (which 1/3 of was tax cuts) yet you don't mention the whole GWB put in our economy. Sad.

Posted by: Sikk | August 31, 2010 6:35 PM | Report abuse

"Posted by: MikeJ9116: Is this all you can muster to defend your Messiah, Obama? The race card was voided when Obama was elected by a (90% non-black) population. Try to wrap you mind around this."

Mike, if you really don't get it, you probably should skip the nasty, sarcastic remarks. Perhaps you haven't seen the various surveys indicating that a sizable minority of the white population admit publicly that they find it difficult to vote for a black, and that's only the self-professed racists. I doubt that many racists are as open about it today as they were in the 1950s, when it was considered acceptable by some. Obama had to overcome a handicap of 8-20% or more, depending on the poll, because of his race in order to win! Given that most presidential elections are decided by only a few percentage points, that is amazing. Overcoming blatant, admitted racism does not mean that there is no racism! Capiche?

Posted by: rbharris50 | August 31, 2010 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jpbill1 | August 31, 2010 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kathymce | August 31, 2010 5:57 PM | Report abuse

I have to say that I disagree with Meghan's assessment that Sarah Palin didn't lose the election for John McCain. I would say that that decision was the biggest one tipping many, many people away from McCain to Obama. While I was already supporting Obama, I have never contributed to a Presidential campaign until Sarah Palin was selected. I was appalled that a coarse, foreign policy illiterate do nothing was a one "heart beat" away from being our president. Considering John McCain's age and cancer history, I thought it was appalling that Palin would be that close to the presidency. While it was a "maverick" idea to select her, in the end it was his undoing.

Posted by: kathymce | August 31, 2010 5:56 PM | Report abuse

For Palin haters and lovers... A great review of Glenn Beck’s Restoring Honor Rally at the gay boyz site:

Posted by: Petras123 | August 31, 2010 5:55 PM | Report abuse

Shouting "show me the money", Palin quits while McCain, selling her book, pokes Palin.

Bottom-feeders trying to make a buck.

Watch the suckers bite the bait!

Posted by: apspa1 | August 31, 2010 5:51 PM | Report abuse

"I'm curious as to what Meghan McCain has accomplished to deserve this kind of attention. Her alleged political expertise is solely tied to being a senator's daughter.
Posted by: austinrl"

What has she done? Simple. She's a "conservative" who spends most of her time refuting other conservatives - lime Palin. Those are the only "conservatives" that the media seems to enjoy. You'll continue to hear Ms. McCain's vapid thoughts so long as she has a negative....excuse me, "moderate" take on conservative issues / politicians.

Posted by: StevenCarr | August 31, 2010 5:38 PM | Report abuse

SOMEONE MUZZLE THE MCCAIN WOMAN.

Posted by: DANSHANTEAL1 | August 31, 2010 5:37 PM | Report abuse

I believe every word this young lady is saying. Why do I believe her, is obvious that Sarah Palin is a drama queen? This woman has sold her soul to money.

What if you gain the world but lose your soul?

Posted by: sun52shine | August 31, 2010 5:33 PM | Report abuse

The Tea Party is the best thing that could have ever happened to the GOP(and the USA) - the snake is finally beginning to eat it's own tail and corporate America has squandered a butt-load of cash propping up their lunatic shills.

Posted by: Bushwhacked1 | August 31, 2010 5:31 PM | Report abuse

My Dad used to tell me that if I didn't know what I was talking about, to keep my mouth shut, or I would confirm my stupidity beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Senator McCain would be wise to have a heart to heart with his daughter!

Posted by: wheeljc | August 31, 2010 5:30 PM | Report abuse

heck another Palin article !!

Evangelical Christian Sarah Palin spent Friday night Aug. 27th with (mostly) observant Jews, along with various Christians, including some Amish celebrating a Jewish "Shabbaton".

Then on Saturday she spoke at a rally hosted by a Mormon who emphasized in his remarks on the important role of "churches, synagogues and mosques" in American life.

Don't you just hate those intolerant, divisive, close-minded, and just plain scary American conservatives ?

Posted by: Petras123 | August 31, 2010 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: austinrl
--------------------------------

oh, you mean kinda like Liz Cheney?

Posted by: areyousaying
----------------------------
Don't forget George W. Bush. Does anyone think that if his father had not been both President and Vice President and his grandfather had not been a senator that W would have been nominated to anything more than employee of the month at Ace Hardware in Plano, Tx? Say what you will about Obama but you can't say that he advanced in life because of his family connections.

Posted by: exbrown | August 31, 2010 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone have a video of Sarah Palin speaking in tongues at one of her revival meetings back in Alaska? I would pay to see that one.

Posted by: Sadaam | August 31, 2010 5:13 PM | Report abuse

"He told Joe The Plumber that he (Obama) wants to "share the wealth". He nationalized the largest insurance company in the world. He has the government owning 60% of GM/Chrysler, gave away another 20% to the UAW and shafted share holders that was first in line to be paid for their investments. He thinks a huge national government is good. He spent 20 years in a church that believes in Black Liberation Theology. His grandparents were card carrying members of the Communist Party of America. He tried to nationalize the health care system and got half way to doing it. He doesn't respect the Constitution and this is shown by his willingness to force Americans to buy health insurance. Where in the Constitution is the federal government given this power?

Need more proof? Then read his books."
--------------------------------------
Another poster has already responded to these baseless accusations. If I'm not mistaken, most of these claims are straight from the talking points of Fox News demagogues such as Beck and O'Reilly (as well as Roger Ailes). I especially am dumbfounded by your insistence that since his grandparents were members of the Communist party (which I don't know anything about), that he, therefore, must be a communist. That's fallacious reasoning at its worst. I'm also confused about your claim that black liberation theology (which, by the way, is not racialized--it's just liberation theology) is tantamount to communism. If you read the Bible closely, you'll see that Jesus fought against economic oppression, among other forms of it. Does that make Jesus a communist? Is anyone who criticizes any aspect of capitalism a communist? Again, I return to my initial demand: provide me irrefutable evidence that clearly shows how Obama and his policies are socialist.

Posted by: binaryboy | August 31, 2010 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Since this is on The President Obama blog where is The President Obama comment on this pressing issue?

Useless teabaggers teabagging the internet with this filth instead of upholding Our President.

Posted by: jiji1 | August 31, 2010 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MikeJ9116

Your definition of love is the same as a wife beater's.
-------------------------------------------
I thought you would like that but why are you bringing up t-shirts? LOL Another thing, apparently you know quite a lot about beating one's wife don't you?

Posted by: cholly85241 | August 31, 2010 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MikeJ9116

Your definition of love is the same as a wife beater's.
-------------------------------------------
I thought you would like that but why are you bringing up t-shirts? LOL Another thing, apparently you know quite a lot about beating one's wife don't you.

Posted by: cholly85241 | August 31, 2010 4:57 PM | Report abuse

John McCain's choice of Sarah Palin was one of defense. McCain was likely to get completely destroyed at the ballot box. Not nearly conservative enough for his party and now too far right for any independent voters.

Conversely Obama was relatively centrist in many of his proposals.

That translates into McCain having a Walter Mondale type turnout. Really bad.

Palin insured that he would lose, but only by a relatively normal marging. She was brought in to whip up the base, but not to win; she was simply meant to keep the ship from sinking to record levels.

Posted by: rpixley220 | August 31, 2010 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MikeJ9116

Wow, aren't you a fine example of the human race. Picking on disabled babies. The true face of your liberalism is showing. You might want to tuck it back under your mask.
------------------------------------------
Who's talking about the baby SHE called retarded herself! I think he's probably the only one of those grifters that has any sense at all. I'm talking about her older children who can't seem to stay out of trouble. So much for her parenting skills eh? Don't get all self-righteous
and holy rolling on me.

Posted by: cholly85241 | August 31, 2010 4:52 PM | Report abuse

I would love for Sarah Palin to be the conservative nominee for President in 2012. I really would. No lie.

Posted by: concernedaboutdc | August 31, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse

McCain was taking positions that he new were not worthy of voters choice.
He was getting carried away with silly beliefs. And what was that farce of shutting down all campaign activities for a week and running to Washington to support the stimulus package. What a joke!!
He shot in his own foot and Sarah Palin has nothing to do with it.

McCain camp did not even groom her or worked with her to manage her during the short time that left between her selection and the Election Day.

Besides being old, McCain had a chance and he blew it

Posted by: swavde | August 31, 2010 4:49 PM | Report abuse

He spent 20 years in a church that believes in Black Liberation Theology.
_____________________________________
I do not have the same ideals or beliefs as my Priest, and yet I like to hear him preach. Could you get any lamer?
_________________________________________

His grandparents were card carrying members of the Communist Party of America.
__________________________________________ SO? Are YOU, your parents?
________________________________________

He tried to nationalize the health care system and got half way to doing it. ________________________________
NO he didn't, he signed the health care bill, that Congress wrote and passed. How on this green earth could on, half way, Nationalize anything.
_________________________________________
_____________________________________
We are forced to by car insurance, where is your gripe on that? You had better realize and soon that most Americans are one paycheck away from bankruptcy, because of NO or too little Health care Insurance, health care is tied into debt.
_____________________________________
Where in the Constitution is the federal government given this power.
_______________________________________ legislative & Congress enact Laws not the President, he only signs them.
If you would just read for yourself instead of borrowing lies from Glen Beck and O'liey, and Rush Limpball, then maybe you would find the truth for yourself.
I have read Obama's book and no where in it does he say that he is a communist or a Socialist.

Posted by: nallcando | August 31, 2010 4:49 PM | Report abuse

TO: twotimetuna1 who wrote:
“THERE'S ONE THING FOR SURE: SARAH PALIN WOULD HAVE BEEN A MUCH BETTER PRESIDENT THAN THIS CLOWN OBOZO. ANYBODY WOULD HAVE MADE A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN OBAMA. HE IS THE WORST PRESIDENT EVER.
WHO CARES ABOUT MEGAN McCAIN ANYWAY? SARAH PALIN ENDORSED HER FATHER AND THIS IS HOW SHE PAYS PALIN BACK? WHAT A LOSER.”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quit trying to steal George W. Bush’s Title away from him. Everyone in world knows that George W. Bush was the WORSE PRESENT EVER.

I’ll tell you one thing about McCain – He’s in office, and Sarah “The Bimbo” Palin ain’t.

Palin can still run for President.

We would absolutely love for Sarah to run, because that would absolutely guarantee President Obama’s re-election.

Bring her on!

Posted by: lindalovejones | August 31, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Why are conservative christian republicans (talk about an oxymoron) turning their backs on Glenn Beck the man who says he is "reclaiming the civil rights movement" for Jesus?

Posted by: concernedaboutdc | August 31, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: concernedaboutd
@MikeJ9116: I don't 'check out' books from "socialist" libraries. I purchase and download them to my Kindle.
****************************************

You should have bought a Nook.

Posted by: MikeJ9116 | August 31, 2010 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: twotimetuna
*****************************************

Great point. Palin could have taken McCain out if she wanted to by endorsing another Republican before the primaries. I am disappointed in her that she didn't do this.

Posted by: MikeJ9116 | August 31, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Ohh, I'm sorry, that may be a bit ahead of comprehension capabilities.

That said, Todd may still want to find the next dizzy chick with no substance. This one is getting a bit 'ripe'.

Posted by: concernedaboutdc | August 31, 2010 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: cholly85241
Naw baby boy. Only love.
******************************************

Your definition of love is the same as a wife beater's.

Posted by: MikeJ9116 | August 31, 2010 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: twotimetuna1 | August 31, 2010 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MikeJ9116 | August 31, 2010

Is that hate I see oozing from your keyboard? I guess you, as a liberal, can't stand rejection. November 2nd is not going to be a good day for you.
-------------------------------------------
Naw baby boy. Only love. That takes too much energy but I'm really interested in hearing how you "SEE" anything oozing from my keyboard. Like I said typical teabagger. See you Nov. 2 as well. LOL

Posted by: cholly85241 | August 31, 2010 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: cholly8524
So is Plain's but the idiot is still bumping her ignorant gums instead of raising those "retarded" children of hers.
*****************************************

Posted by: MikeJ9116 | August 31, 2010 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: concernedaboutd
@MikeJ9116: I believe Hillary is a bit older than Sarah. Sarah, however, does look Hillary's age though. Good point.
******************************************

The books in your library must be written in Braille.

Posted by: MikeJ9116 | August 31, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: cholly8524@MikeJ9116 #2 - What have YOU done lately son?
******************************************

Well, Dad, I have watched Obama try to destroy the USA in record time. On November 2nd I will be doing something. I bet you can guess what it is. ;)

Posted by: MikeJ9116 | August 31, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: concernedaboutdc | August 31, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MikeJ9116 | August 31, 2010

Megan McCain is an idiot. Another lame politician's kid trying to make an identity from their parent's achievements. All she is doing is making excuses for why Daddy lost. Isn't her 15 minutes up already?

------------------------------------------

Posted by: cholly85241 | August 31, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

He told Joe The Plumber that he (Obama) wants to "share the wealth".
_____________________________________
First you took that statement out of context, Families making more than $250,000 could see taxes go up under Obama's middle-class tax cut plan, while those making less than $250,000 would not see any increase.
Obama explained his tax plan in depth to Wurzelbacher, saying it's better to lower taxes for Americans who make less money so they can afford to patronize his business.
"I think that when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody," Obama told Wurzelbacher.
That is NOT socialism.
__________________________________________
He nationalized the largest insurance company in the world.
___________________________________________
George W. Bush bailed out AIG not Obama.

____________________________________________
Under the proposed restructuring, about 60 percent of the new GM would be owned by the United States, about 12 percent by the governments of Canada and Ontario, a union health trust would own 17.5 percent, and the company’s current bondholders would get 10 percent.
But as the administration builds the case for another massive infusion of government money into the automaker, it is also dealing separately with accusations that its plan unfairly favors the United Auto Workers at the expense of the company’s investors. How is that Socialism if Our Government doesn't own it all?
________________________________________
He thinks a huge national government is good.
___________________________________________Quote where Obama said that, you pulled that straight from your assset!
______________________________________

Posted by: nallcando | August 31, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Megan nobody McCain is jealous over Bristol Palin media attention! Megan McCain so uncouth! They few times i heard her open her mouth it just proves what classless twit she truly is! Maybe its time for her daddy to cut off her money supply!

Posted by: Zcat | August 31, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: concernedaboutd
But she IS looking old, look at those crow's feet.
***************************************

Hillary must give you nightmares then.

Posted by: MikeJ9116 | August 31, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

@JoeBrones

Folks just call the president a socialist because they can't say the N-word.

What folks Joe? racists? Why would anyone want to call him the N-word at all unless this is their station in life. The reality is they need to be calling him what is he -a highly educated MAN, Mr. President instead of the name-calling. His color not relevant.

Posted by: tuesday1 | August 31, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: cholly8524
@MikeJ9116 #2 - What have YOU done lately son? Seems to me you might need somebody you seem a tad bit lonely. How many teeth do you have right now, how many? Typical teabagger troll.
******************************************

Posted by: MikeJ9116 | August 31, 2010 4:29 PM | Report abuse

But she IS looking old, look at those crow's feet. Makeup isn't doing it for her anymore. She is already nothing to listen to, once she is nothing to look at, she will be all washed up. Except for Bubba and the bear hunters.

Posted by: concernedaboutdc | August 31, 2010 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: cholly85241 | August 31, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: cholly85241
@MikeJ9116 - You're the only failure I see. Go troll somewhere else kid.
****************************************

I understand. The truth hurts when you hear about your political Messiah.

Posted by: MikeJ9116 | August 31, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

McCain is just part of the corporatist/fascist Republican hit squad who will do anything, including lie, to bring down our first African American president. This interview on GMA was another attempt to make Palin a viable candidate, with the ultra rightist Stephanopolous asking softball questions trying to Palin in the best light. He should have asked McCain if Palin was wrong in having her Downs Syndrome kid when it should have been aborted or if Palin will set women back by centuries with her radical right wing fascist/religious message of hate. Instead ABC and McCain spit out the corporate/reactionary message in favor of Palin and of course the right wing Washington Post reports it. Disgusting.

Posted by: Pelosiforpres | August 31, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

@MikeJ911

LOL! You are HILLARIOUS! I might pay money to see you. But why would you begin your stand-up comedy career on the Post pages is beyond me though.

You said - You should be more worried about surviving the buffoon we have as president than a woman that holds no public office.

Not very creative in your thoughts - but so way off from reality that it becomes funny.

John McCain would have had a heartattack and keeled over if he had to deal with all the stress and pressure that President Obama is handling GRACEFULLY. Turn off Glen Beck and maybe you'll actually see life for what it is not the fairy tales he spins.

And, You obviously support Sarah Palin - what office does she hold...ummmm HALF-TERM Governor? Touche! And trust me we're thinking about Sarah - she's leading quite a few of the racist, half-baked Americans whose religion is supposed to be better than everyone elses.

Whatever dude.

Posted by: tuesday1 | August 31, 2010 4:25 PM | Report abuse

@MikeJ9116: If you cannot find the point in that simple statement Obamas competence is the LEAST of your problems.

In fact, was Obama even mentioned in this piece. I think not. This was Republican on Republican.

Ok, go back to being angry, uptight and downright unhappy.

Posted by: concernedaboutdc | August 31, 2010 4:25 PM | Report abuse

@MikeJ9116 - You're the only failure I see. Go troll somewhere else kid.

Posted by: cholly85241 | August 31, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

@MikeJ9116 - You're the only failure I see. Go troll somewhere else kid.

Posted by: cholly85241 | August 31, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

The only people who refer to the president as a "messiah" are conservatrolls.

Beck, of course, would call this blasphemy.

Posted by: mattintx | August 31, 2010 4:22 PM | Report abuse

McCain lost for three reasons. One, Obama was from the other party than the disastrous Bush. Two, he articulated a compelling vision of cooperation to advance the nation's interests. Three, a lot of people like me couldn't take the chance that the uninformed, inarticulate, white trash from Alaska would become president if the aging McCain didn't make it through four years.

Posted by: outofthebox1 | August 31, 2010 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MikeJ9116

Is this all you can muster to defend your Messiah, Obama? The race card was voided when Obama was elected by a population that is nearly 90% non-black. Try to wrap you mind around this and then get back to me.
*************************************

I don't like Obama because he's a corporatist, and I'm socialist.

Try to read a book and get back to me.

Posted by: JoeBrones | August 31, 2010 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: goonavybeatarmy
I'm no fan of Palin, but why is so much much garbage "news" like this on the front page of Washingtonpost.com?
************************************************

Because liberals don't want to talk about what a mega failure Obama has proven to be.

Posted by: MikeJ9116 | August 31, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: goonavybeatarmy | August 31, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JoeBrones
Folks just call the president a socialist because they can't say the N-word.
***********************************************

Posted by: MikeJ9116 | August 31, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: concernedaboutdc
Palin is really starting to show 'age'.
***********************************************

... and Obama is really starting to show his utter incompetence. What's your point?

Posted by: MikeJ9116 | August 31, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Folks just call the president a socialist because they can't say the N-word.

Posted by: JoeBrones | August 31, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sthoswiley
*******************************************

Not as scary as Obama being the president the past 17 months. Then to imagine the follow-up act to Obama is JOE BIDEN! Blow Hole Joe would be a worse president than Obama and that is hard to accomplish! Then After Blow Hole Joe we would Botox Brain Pelosi. Compared to these idiots, Palin looks like Thomas Jefferson.

Posted by: MikeJ9116 | August 31, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Palin brought "drama" to McCain's campaign?

I think the word meghan was looking for was "stupidity."

Or "idiocy."

Or "comedy."

Or "disgrace.'

Posted by: losthorizon10 | August 31, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

for mccains daughter to even consider that idiot palin in the white house removed any gravitas from her interview. btw, if we had not become so far right with the neo conartistas obama mght be more accurately seen as a centrist like clinton. he cannot get anything remotely liberal done with the gop senate in full stop mode and a handful of southern dixiecrats ala blue dogs cutting off his more center left policies. ralph nader is a progressive, phil donahue is a progressive... obama is hardly a far left politician. the gop just wants you to buy into that so they can go back to biz as usual and work for the top 1%.

Posted by: dave86 | August 31, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

I'd hit that...

Posted by: dedlinetosilverspring | August 31, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Politics does nothing for the McCain. She would be better off working for a company and learning to get along with others.

Posted by: 45upnorth | August 31, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

WAPO has dumbed down to nothing more than a well written, grammatically correct scandal sheet edited by JurnoLists.

Posted by: JAH3 | August 31, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: whistling
GOD, will we survive these people?
**********************************************

Posted by: MikeJ9116 | August 31, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

The idea of Sarah Palin being a heartbeat away from the presidency was a scary, scary thought during the 2008 campaign. And now, almost two years after she torpedoed McCain's presidential hopes, why does she continue to get so much undeserved press?

Posted by: sthoswiley | August 31, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

_____________________________________________

Cheney chose Cheney! He made himself Vice President.

Posted by: nallcando | August 31, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: binaryboy
Explain how Obama is a socialist.
*************************************************

Need more proof? Then read his books.

Posted by: MikeJ9116 | August 31, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

See Palin lately?

She's beginning to look like the stringy,nasty low class rhymes with ditch she is.
America is in dire straits...more than we admit now...

BUT BY GOD, we're not low enough to accept this thing!
She was brought up...and is supported by,
the zionists in McCain's campaign when it was determined that LIEBERMAN WOULD NEVER SELL WITH THE REPUBLICAN CONVENTION.

Another gift of the Israeli firsters. As is BECK, who's syndicated by someone described as "someone you have to go to to get to the Jewish community in New York".

Lately, Palin has said Obama could gain
strength by 'BOMBING IRAN"! Need more proof?

GOD, will we survive these people?

Posted by: whistling | August 31, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

People who call Obama a socialist either:
1. don't know what socialism is

or

2. are morons.

Posted by: raqualung | August 31, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

The Republican Party is now better than the Jerry Springer show in how they are willing to highlight their stupidity in public.

Both Palin and McCain are losers in the worst way, now being supported by a party of losers in dire need of a leader from a party that has been exposed.

Is it Glen Beck? Rush Limbaugh? Each of them are drunks and drug addicts preaching while pocketing all the losers money.

Purely, "stuck on stupid."

Posted by: rbraun2000 | August 31, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

___________
Obama is a "moderate?" hahahahahahaha!!!! Man, I needed that! Thanks for the great laugh!!! Obama the Liberal Dictator is a 'moderate'.....now I've seen everything....
___________________________________________

A liberal Dictator is an oxymoron ya moron! It is like saying the silence was deafening. Thanks for the laugh, "Liberal Dictator?" Buhaahahahahhhahahhhah.

Posted by: nallcando | August 31, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

"Would you give me a break. My great grand parents died in the grain famines. My grandfather died in a soviet Gulag. My grandmother spent 5 years in a labor camp. My mother had her family as well as my father and his family in two different countries had their property taken away as communism took over Eastern Europe. My family lived through the nightmare of communism and some members managed to live to see freedom as they legally became citizens of the US. Imagine the family’s pain to see our nation throw that freedom away with both hands by electing a socialist. The post IS like reading Pravda and my family should know."

Explain how Obama is a socialist. Please provide irrefutable proof that shows how he is a socialist. By trying to overhaul health care by offering a public option AND a series of options offered by private corporations? By trying to shore up our economy by not letting crucial business or industries fail? Show me exactly how Obama is as bad as the socialists and communists of the early twentieth century. My point is that you're engaging in hyperbole, at best, in the hopes of trying to undermine a democratic movement with which you disagree.

Posted by: binaryboy | August 31, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Nice, misleading title on this article.

Posted by: edfromtexas | August 31, 2010 3:38 PM | Report abuse

August 31, 2010 and the Post prints its 691st anti-Sarah Palin article. When, oh when, will the number reach 700?

Posted by: mike85 | August 31, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

I am glad that butterbar25 responded. My great-aunt was placed in the Gulag until Reagan helped to get her "pardoned" and brought to the US. My family is part Estonian. We lost land and property to the Communists. They still are laying claim to part of Estonia.

For 50 years nothing changed in Estonia. Once the Soviet Union collapsed it became one of the fastest growing economies in Europe. The US is now stuck because "the socialist" beat "the maverick."

I never got to vote for a candidate in the Republican primary because the RNC rigged things to make McCain win. By the time Pennsylvania could vote, the pro-McCain states had given the nomination to McCain. I hope that the RNC arranges the order in which primaries are held so that Romney is the nominee in 2012.

It was bad enough that McCain was selected to be the alternative to Obama. We didn't need to be introduced to Meghan too.

Posted by: pyoung66 | August 31, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

McCain lost because he decided to 'play nice'and didn't make an issue to drive home and expose just how truly radical Obama is,PERIOD.So in some sense,allot of the damage this administration is doing is partly McCain's fault for not warning us!!

Posted by: votingrevolution | August 31, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

*****************************************

Perhaps you SHOULD know but you clearly DON'T know. Socialism? What utter nonsense. When Obama took office, we had a health care system that was completely broken and hemmoraging money, and a financial system that was in meltdown to the point that McCain suspended his campaign to rush back to Washington. Obama has taken steps to right both of those ships. Now, the same people who stood by and did nothing to prevent those circumstances, and put forth zero ideas as to how to turn those circumstances around, chirp about Socialism like so many ditto heads parroting what they hear on talk radio. What was your brilliant idea as to how deal with the major economic issues facing our nation? Oh, that's right, let's cut taxes! It didn't work before, but we'll just keep talking about it. Give me a break.

Posted by: sonny2 | August 31, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Meghan honey,
If your dad wouldn't have had Palin on his ticket, he would have lost by 20 points or more. Millions of conservative voters would have stayed home.

McCain was the worst possible candidate the GOP could have run... except for maybe Bob Dole.

Posted by: HawkSprings | August 31, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Megan Mcain....yet another self absorbed whiny 20 something milennial....um like, like....uh...like stick to Facebook and twitter....um, like okay?

Posted by: nowhine | August 31, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: nowhine | August 31, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

McCain didn't get my vote in part because of Palin, that and he voted for the Iraq war.

Posted by: TG10 | August 31, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

TeaPartyPatriot: Why aren't you working? Does your boss know you're goofing off on the clock? Sounds like you, along with your TeaBagger buddies, have a HUGE sense of entitlement. Is that because you're white? Hmmm. Maybe that's why you sound so bitter... Oh, by the way, do you or anyone in your family collect unemployment? Food stamps? Attend public school? Have a guaranteed student loan? Collect SSI? Social Security payments? Have Medicaid? Medicare? Just wondering...

Posted by: nyskinsdiehard | August 31, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Palin is really starting to show 'age'.

Posted by: concernedaboutdc | August 31, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Meghan McCain is proof that most people join whatever party their parents belong to, although obviously there is more pressure on her than most 'regular' folks.

She sounds like a Democrat, or an Independent, but she seems to feel the need to cling to that (R) next to her name because daddy would be SOOOO PO'd otherwise.

Posted by: grantmh | August 31, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

TeaPartyPatriot: Do you collect unemployment? SSI? Social Security? Medicaid? Medicare? Food stamps? Why aren't you working? Does your boss know you're goofing off on the clock? Are you overweight, white, and anti-intellectual? Bigoted? Bitter? A birther? Then tell me, why would I waste my time listening to you? You sound like a reactionary traitor to me. Just saying...

Posted by: nyskinsdiehard | August 31, 2010 3:12 PM | Report abuse

So the WaPo has gone from using a college newspaper as sources for front page hit-jobs to McCains teenage daughter whose claim to fame was twittering photos of her chest.

How's that circulation doing?

Posted by: HughAkston | August 31, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

"Reading the Washington Post really does remind me of the kind of articles you'd find in the old Soviet newspaper Pravda. Anything that was against the socialism of that forced system, was fair game. Any person who stood for freedom, found themselves under attack."
****************************
Would you give me a small, teensy-weensy break? You throw around terms such as "socialism" and "communism" as if they have no meaning. As someone whose ancestors fled socialists and communists and their various genocidal policies, I take great umbrage at your and others' classification of Obama as a socialist. How has he tried to take away personal property rights? When did he demand that the workers and the proletariat become the owners of all property? You undermine your credibility by throwing these terms around as if they don't mean a thing. You and your McCarthyite hacks did a great disservice to our democracy and nation in the 1950s and looks as though our country is doomed to repeat these same mistakes.
*****************************

Posted by: butterbar25 | August 31, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

**********************

Posted by: binaryboy | August 31, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse
**********************

Posted by: butterbar25 | August 31, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Respectively, McCain was a terrible candidate. He refused to engage on the obvious radical leanings of his opponent and it cost him and the country dearly as we now have socialist running the country. His time has come and gone. Just imagine all the good ideas that our young generation of Americans could bring to the table but will never have a chance as the political machine for incumbents is just about impossible to beat. Look at the current Legislators who have been in office for 20+ years. They will not accept any responsiblity for the problems we have today. No one takes responsiblity for the Community Reinvestment Act which allowed millions of unqualifed people to purchase homes. No one takes responsibility for Fannie & Freddie. No one takes responsibility for allowing millions of illegal immigrants to enter and remain in the US. We citizens deserve better representation that's for sure. Senator McCain is an American Hero but it's time for him to go.

Posted by: Cobra2 | August 31, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Meghan McCain is like Hussein Obama and Paris Hilton a creation of the news media.

Posted by: SSTK34 | August 31, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

hard to feel sorry for McCain over this.

Posted by: sarahabc | August 31, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Best thing McCain ever did was pluck Palin from Alaska.

A natural who drives the Libs insane.

Revs up the base.

Defines the New Feminism.

One of the main drivers of the wave than will sweep Liberalism away to the dust bin of history starting Nov. 2.

Posted by: drjcarlucci | August 31, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Aside from having a famous father, could someone please tell me who is Meghan McCain and why anyone should care what she thinks about anything?

Posted by: pgould1
======================

How long have you been in this country? A gorgeous blonde who has half a brain can print her own money in the good ol' USA, and Meghan is smarter than she is good looking.

Posted by: ProfessorWrightBSU | August 31, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Fundamentally Sarah is one hot cougar and so we lust for her. Call it funny mental lust. CHEERS!

Posted by: whocares666 | August 31, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Hey folks,

It's not just McCain. You'd be stressed as well, if you found that someone you'd picked for VP was all but brain dead and belonged as an alternate in the cast of Laverne and Shirley.

McCain's problem, however, is of his own making. A 30-second meeting with Palin is all he should have needed to know that she could see Russia from her house -- a point she insisted burnished her foreign policy credentials.

In short, McCain picked a dimwit, and then he paid the price.

Posted by: loulor | August 31, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

@morrisday1:

"But this came from a lady, a Republican, and child of the VP candidate, which says alot more to the relaity of Palin as a leader outside of Alaska."

Meghan McCain is not well respected either. Many of the people commenting on this article wonder why anybody cares what she says.

Posted by: pyoung66 | August 31, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

The Washington Post is a dispicable, political hack organization.

Posted by: FormerDemocrat | August 31, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse "

Hahahaha

www.kleenex.com you whiny baby

Posted by: jakemehoffer | August 31, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

2 years late, but when most of the USA cited McCain's poor judgement for selecting a running mate equivalent to selecting Albert Haynesworth as a mayor, they were roundly critized as liberal or hating on ladies.

And thanks to Sarah, McCain won how many additional states? Zero
Lost every state she campaigned in.
All of them.

Posted by: morrisday1 | August 31, 2010 2:45 PM | Report abuse

"drama, stress, complications, panic and loads of uncertainty"

Uhm....weren't those the characteristics that McCain brought into his own campaign with his stupid decisions?
I'm not a big Sarah Palin fan, but I think those "qualities" were part of McCain's campaign before he picked her as his running mate.

Posted by: sillliesarah | August 31, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

And thanks to Sarah, McCain won how many additional states? Zero
Lost every state she campaigned in.
All of them.

Posted by: morrisday1 | August 31, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

The Ombudsman had a commentary in Sunday's paper about the poor job the post is doing spell checking and fact checking. There is an example in this piece. George is a host on "GMA," not "gam."

Posted by: pyoung66 | August 31, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

And thanks to Sarah, McCain won how many additional states? Zero
Lost every state she campaigned in.
All of them.

Posted by: morrisday1 | August 31, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

And thanks to Sarah, McCain won how many additional states? Zero
Lost every state she campaigned in.
All of them.

Posted by: morrisday1 | August 31, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: pgould1 | August 31, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: binaryboy | August 31, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Desertdiva1, as a moderate Rep., like you, I could never vote for an ultra-conservative, much less an ultra-liberal. John McCain used to be neither, then he picked Palin. So much for that. Obama has never been ultra-anything, and has proven to be more moderate than I expected, so I am happy that I voted for him. I was all for McCain until the Palin mistake. Seems like you have changed your colors from moderate to conservative, I guess. Not me. I'll still go for the most level-headed candidate, all in hopes of creating the least damage once in office. Obama is fulfilling that criteria for me.

Posted by: schaeffz | August 31, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse
___________

Posted by: WildBill1 | August 31, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: WildBill1
Then why did your father choose her as his running mate? He would have been better off chosing Romney, but NO!!! Renegade McCain fires off a loose salvo and picks the "Alaskan Barbie".....
*******************************************************************

McCain thought Palin was someone that wouldn't overshadow him. Well, this shows how poor his judgment is. Actually, I am glad McCain lost. He would have been buddies with Reid and Pelosi just like Obama. McCain is a liberal pretending to be a conservative to win elections. At least now the Democrats have to take full blame for the mess we are in instead of sharing it with a Republican president. McCain lucked into the nomination. He is a political buffoon.

Posted by: MikeJ9116 | August 31, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

And the reason Meghan McCain is news and rates a story in the Washington Post is... Will someone, anyone, PLEASE explain?

Posted by: gene4655
-------------------------------

...maybe the same reason Liz Cheney rates a story?

Posted by: areyousaying | August 31, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: gene4655 | August 31, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse
____________
Because her comments are anti-Palin, and therefore, the WaPo will cover it in great detail for many days to come....

Posted by: WildBill1 | August 31, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Yawn.

Posted by: Bob_Dobbs | August 31, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MikeJ9116 | August 31, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Meghan McCain would have made a better running mate than Palin.

Posted by: johng1 | August 31, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

______________

Posted by: WildBill1 | August 31, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

______________

Posted by: WildBill1 | August 31, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

"Reading the Washington Post really does remind me of the kind of articles you'd find in the old Soviet newspaper Pravda."

I never read Pravda, so I wouldn't know.

Did you mean to tell on yourself?

Posted by: mattintx | August 31, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

should have had a baby out of wed lock...

Posted by: angriestdogintheworld1

-------------------------

really, she could be ignoring her kid while off "Dancing With the Stars"

Posted by: areyousaying | August 31, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: schaeffz | August 31, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: austinrl
--------------------------------

oh, you mean kinda like Liz Cheney?

Posted by: areyousaying | August 31, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

maniacal moonbeam meghan continues to spew forth her extremist, anti-American and anti-Arizonan views. Her insulting remarks to American citizens show that she is really the alter-ego of rino traitor AMNESTY-JOHN.

Posted by: TeaPartyPatriot | August 31, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

McCain didn't choose Palin, Rove did.

It was all a part of McCain's sell out to Cheney for the ultra-right neocon vote. In return McCain gave control of his campaign to Bush's Rovian thugs who dreampt up Palin to pander to the female and "Christian" voters.

Posted by: areyousaying | August 31, 2010 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Palin also brought her MC HAMMER glasses! Go Sarah! I heart Sarah! White House here we come! Woo hoo!

Posted by: password11 | August 31, 2010 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Meegan McCain is another nobody who's never done nothing except sponge off her father's name! I agree with the "Yawn" it truly must be a slow news day!

Posted by: Zcat | August 31, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

>>Who chose Cheney, for that matter. My guess is Papa Bush,

Cheney chose himself. He was picked to lead the search team for a running mate and he ended up naming himself as VP. Unsurprising, really.

Posted by: getjiggly | August 31, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

The Washington Post is a dispicable, political hack organization.

Posted by: FormerDemocrat | August 31, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Meghan you have to understand that your father's choice of Sarah Palin cost him the presidency. As a moderate Republican I could have accepted most anyone for VP but not Sarah. I was not ready to allow Tea Party beliefs that close to the president's chair. Bush hijacked the Republican party far right. Way too far right. Sarah takes it even further right. After Obama though I am much less picky. I'll take Sarah and all that's wrong with her over another four years of Obama or any Democrat for that matter.

Posted by: Desertdiva1 | August 31, 2010 2:04 PM | Report abuse

should have had a baby out of wed lock...

Posted by: angriestdogintheworld1 | August 31, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Someone mentions Sarah Palin, and, despite her status as resident GOP moron and Tea Smoker flavor of the weak-minded, it becomes news. Of course, the public is still being asked whether Palin is considered a credible candidate for president. Obviously, the media still considers her some sort of political phenomena, but whether anything involving her is actually note-worthy, well, we read it, didn't we?

Posted by: TheghostofLennyBruce | August 31, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Yawn.

Posted by: pgr88 | August 31, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: gene4655 | August 31, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: austinrl | August 31, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

The ABC site has a fuller description of this interview. It would seem that M. McCain is much less complimentary of Palin and her cohorts. The comments about "crazy sex" seem to have been repressed here too.

I'm not sure if the book is worth reading, given that Mehgan McCain doesn't seem to have been in the "inner circle" and was even "dismissed" from the campaign and asked not to come back. What really matters is the internal workings of the Republican Party and just who made the decision to place Palin as nominee. It doesn't seem to me that McCain had the power within his party (many of whom refer to him as a RINO) to make the choice. Who chose Cheney, for that matter. My guess is Papa Bush, but I leave it up to a conservative to give his angle on the Republicans. CB

Posted by: chrisbrown12 | August 31, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse