Cartoon Bill Clinton makes a pass at Sarah Palin in new anti-spending film

Filmmaker Ray Griggs' new film, "I Want Your Money," is a call-out to conservatives to bring back the days of former president Ronald Reagan that uses animated commanders in chief to get its point across.

Highlights of the film, which was obtained by Talking Points Memo, include a boxing match between animated Presidents Obama and Reagan and interviews with popular right-wing personalities Newt Gingrich, Mike Huckabee and Andrew Breitbart.

The parts of the film that are likely to receive the most buzz, however, are the two moments when an animated Bill Clinton ogles former Alaska governor Sarah Palin (R). In their first encounter, Clinton places his arm around Palin and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) saying, "If you want to hang out after this fight is over, I do have a room upstairs," at which point Hillary Clinton pops on screen shouting, "You pig!" Bill Clinton's second encounter with Palin is as a peeping Tom (of sorts) "Mmmm-hmm! Some day that girl is going to be the first woman ever to run for president," he says of Palin, who's clad in a red suit. Hillary Clinton pops back on screen shouting, "You pig!" She then slaps her husband saying, "I ran for president!"

Griggs has been compared to left-leaning filmmaker Michael Moore and is relatively well known in conservative circles. His work drew attention in November when it was reported that Apple was preparing to reject an iPhone application he created. The application gives users access to a telephone directory that includes every member of Congress, and it shows caricatures of the lawmakers alongside their contact information. Apple recently reversed its decision.

The trailer was posted on YouTube in August, and the feature-length film will be released in about 500 theaters on Oct. 15. (h/t TPM, Fox News and NYT)

By Emi Kolawole  | October 7, 2010; 2:41 PM ET
Categories:  44 The Obama Presidency
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: WH staffers to Vanity Fair: McCain doesn't care much for Obama
Next: Krystal Ball: Bloggers who posted my photos are 'sexist and wrong'

Comments

With our currant aministrations slogan HOPE AND CHANGE. I know they are not lying. I am sure they will leave a few coins in your pocket that they will expect you to share.

Posted by: BarbaraLester | October 12, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Our currant aministration is not lying to us.Their campaign sloagan was hope an change. They will leave a few coins in your pocket when they are done but don't be surprised when they ask you to share your wealth.

Posted by: BarbaraLester | October 12, 2010 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Sounds like desperate republicans to me. So desperate they think we have forgotten all the bad they did, sorry I am not a pea brain palin so you can't fool me.

Posted by: audrey2010 | October 10, 2010 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: audrey2010 | October 10, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Isn't Dennis Miller a Canadian?

Posted by: 1listener | October 8, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Ronald Reagan would be considered a RINO in today's republican party. I was reading comments from a tea party site and they place their standards so high that he would be one of the people they are trying to unseat.They do not care that the jobs are outsourced they only care about taking food out of peoples mouths if the Government had a hand in furnishing it.(food stamps)

Posted by: 1listener | October 8, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

They would like to go back to Ronald Reagan, but they forget his tax rates were much higher than they are now, and would remain so even if the Bush tax cuts were allowed to lapse. The GOP is putting self over Country, we can't get out of the mess they created without some sacrifice. That means higher taxes, less waste, less benefits for the very rich to write off, job creation through judicious lending to real small business entrepreneurs who would hire workers, start taxing businesses who use off shore workers a surtax based upon their number of jobs shipped offshore, begin to expand our manufacturing capacity, and start filling up the large building sitting empty as a a result of bad past decisions which allowed corporations to make more money, yet not benefit the American people. We have become a nation of service providers, God help us if we got into a war in which we really needed manufacturing and materials.

GOP = Greed for self, wrapped up in the American flag. For some reason, it is no longer patriotic to pay taxes. We are becoming a less than world power based upon the failed economic polices and programs put forth for the past 30 years of conservative GOP/Party of NO! thinkers. It didn't work during the Bush years, it will not work in the next 6 years.

Posted by: atc333 | October 8, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

You big fat crybabies. You are so predictable - when 15 million people are out of work while OUR representatives are on campaign holiday to secure their seats in Washington, you whank and whinge like 6 year olds at that mean old film director. Oblamer has called you dull, lazy and sulking and implored you to get off your duffs to keep these malignant, destructive and ruinous clowns in office.
I guess if you believe and behave like children he should be treating you like children. As for me, not one Democrat will survive my time in the voting booth.
Remember November.

Posted by: tponcary | October 8, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Ouch.........I just watched the video clip and I can see why you guys are so upset.

I guess you know why we are so upset also.

Nancy and Joe should just keep their mouth shut........every time they open it .....you find out how that little brain works...or doesn't work.

I guess you have heard her latest?

She thinks "food stamps" are the biggest bang for the buck.

She does not realize people want "jobs" and not hand outs.

"imagine"

***

Posted by: paulann1 | October 8, 2010 8:03 AM | Report abuse

I guess you know why we are so upset also.

I guess you have heard her latest?

She thinks "food stamps" are the biggest bang for the buck.

She does not realize people want "jobs" and not hand outs.

"imagine"

***

Posted by: paulann1 | October 8, 2010 8:02 AM | Report abuse

I guess you know why we are so upset also.

I guess you have heard her latest?

She thinks "food stamps" are the biggest bang for the buck.

She does not realize people want "jobs" and not hand outs.

"imagine"

***

Posted by: paulann1 | October 8, 2010 8:02 AM | Report abuse

Nice hatchet job, glad to see that you know how to use soundbites. Still I don't see the point. By the way, why just the Democratic negative points? The republicans are just as bad. King george II's bank protection act, sorry, I mean the "TARP", started it all in 2008.

Posted by: swiftone | October 8, 2010 8:01 AM | Report abuse

I guess you know why we are so upset also.

I guess you have heard her latest?

She thinks "food stamps" are the biggest bang for the buck.

She does not realize people want "jobs" and not hand outs.

"imagine"

***

Posted by: paulann1 | October 8, 2010 8:01 AM | Report abuse

I guess you know why we are so upset also.

I guess you have heard her latest?

She thinks "food stamps" are the biggest bang for the buck.

She does not realize people want "jobs" and not hand outs.

"imagine"

***

Posted by: paulann1 | October 8, 2010 8:00 AM | Report abuse

Ah, come on guys.....can't you take a joke?

I bet Dennis Miller will love it.

***

Posted by: paulann1 | October 8, 2010 7:49 AM | Report abuse

Ah, come on guys.....can't you take a joke?

I bet Dennis Miller will love it.

***

Posted by: paulann1 | October 8, 2010 7:48 AM | Report abuse

The major deception in the film is that it totally omits that the Republicans were the ones who started the huge deficits. Their reckless cut taxes policy combined with out of control spending under G.W. Bush is what created the deficits. The heavy political pressure on regulators not to look at the bad business practices has given us bad air, mine disasters, salmonella eggs, a financial meltdown that threatened the global economy, and now demands by the Republicans and Wall Street to not put "Socialist" regulations on them.

Do the Republicans know no shame?

Posted by: hwkirk | October 7, 2010 8:33 PM | Report abuse

These people have no class and even worse they have very bad taste. Goes to show money can only buy so much..Please Democrats Vote.....

Posted by: 1listener | October 7, 2010 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Actually, Ray Grigg's came up with a good metaphor for all thinking men of any political persuasion minus the ludicrous President comment; while their initial reaction may be to find her attractive, she's not a woman they would marry and certainly not the woman they would vote for and didn't last time around.

Posted by: Koko3 | October 7, 2010 7:12 PM | Report abuse

Is the best those troglodytes can do? This -- whatever-it-purpots-itself-to-be is so lame it put my bassets to sleep

Dream on, you Neanderthals. In another 600,000 years you may yet "invent" fire!

Posted by: chamateddy | October 7, 2010 6:51 PM | Report abuse

This is pure propaganda. As if the GOP doesn't spend other people's money!! The difference is, they give it all to the super rich corporations like the oil companies and the weapons manufacturers.

The money that A.I.G. BORROWED (it wasn't GIVEN)from the tax-payer, is now going to be given back WITH interest. In other words, the tax payer will get money back from the government. AND, the government will spend more on the ordinary American people. Put the GOP back in power, and you will see ordinary Americans getting poorer, and the rich getting richer because there corporations are based in China.

Posted by: francinelast | October 7, 2010 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: francinelast | October 7, 2010 5:52 PM | Report abuse

good grief -- the people who continue to obsess over clinton's dick are pathetic. makes you wonder if that's the only way they can experience sexual satisfaction.

Posted by: mycomment | October 7, 2010 5:12 PM | Report abuse

The reason some people call Republicans "racist" is because that's the only possible explanation for believing the lies coming from the GOP.

Everybody in the world knows that it was Republican economic policies that bankrupt the country and shipped our manufacturing jobs overseas, but to hear some people talk about it seems they just could not have been on this planet from 2001 to 2008.

Posted by: lindalovejones | October 7, 2010 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Sounds bites and skewed information? Wow! Sounds riveting I'm buying my ticket right now.

Posted by: dcox82 | October 7, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

geez, what a load of bs.

Posted by: 44fx2901 | October 7, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Cartoons are about all Republicans have to offer and Fox & Frightwing radio have dumbed down Righties so much that they can't tell entertainment from credible news.

Posted by: angie12106 | October 7, 2010 4:27 PM | Report abuse

So...the Republiclowns are STILL yearning for the days of Saint Ronnie...and his TRIPLING OF THE NATIONAL DEBT and his act of TREASON (arms for hostages)? I'm Shocked!....not.

Some how, in this day of the internet and 24/7 cable news - I don't think that would work out for them to well. But that won't stop the Republiclowns, they've never met a stupid idea (tax cuts for the rich!) that they didn't go all in on.

Posted by: DrainYou | October 7, 2010 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Sounds like fodder for our nations deeply intellectual serious conservative thinkers.

Posted by: space2k
------------------------------------------

Yes perhaps a cut above the idiotic Inconvenient Truth and anything by Fat Arse Moore. You liberal guys suck that nonsense up like scientific truth.

Posted by: RedStater3 | October 7, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse