Palin 'favorites' photo that claims Obama is a 'Taliban Muslim'

By Emi Kolawole

(Correction: An earlier version of this post incorrectly reported that Sarah Palin had retweeted a posting by Ann Coulter. Palin had starred the posting, which marks it as a "favorite.")

Updated 11/5/2010 10:39 a.m.
Palin wrote to Jake Tapper of ABC News to counter the allegation that the favoriting of the Ann Coulter tweet was on purpose:

"Jake [Tapper], I've never purposefully 'favorited' any Tweet. I had to go back to my BlackBerry to even see if such a function was possible. I was traveling to Alaska that day...it was an obvious accidental 'favoriting,' but no one can mistake that Ann Coulter was obviously being tongue in cheek with that Tweet. Shall I correct this with whichever wonderful media outlet ran with this (an obviously bored reporter...since there must be nothing going on in the world today, like, um, ramifications of a shake up of power in the U.S. House of Representatives?)."

Updated 9:32 p.m.
Sarah Palin has used her Twitter account for a variety of things, including endorsements of key candidates during the 2010 midterm elections. But, and stay with us here, Palin's account features a retweet of an Ann Coulter tweet that links to this image:

Coulter's tweet, which is listed among Palin's "favorites," introduces the photo with the phrase, "MY NEW CHURCH!" The photo is of "The Blood of Jesus ATLAH World Missionary Church," and the text on the sign reads, "The blood of Jesus against Obama History made 4 Nov 2008 a Taliban Muslim illegally elected president USA: Hussein." The New York City-based church is led by James David Manning.

Whether Palin retweeted "favorited" the Coulter tweet personally is unclear, but SarahPAC staffer Rebecca Mansour insisted to a reporter this summer that "anything that goes out under [Palin's] name is hers."

Read more here and here.

By Thursday evening, all of Palin's favorites had been cleared from her Twitter account. She told ABC News's Jake Tapper in an e-mail that it was "an obvious accidental 'favoriting.' "

"Jake, I've never purposefully 'favorited' any Tweet. I had to go back to my BlackBerry to even see if such a function was possible," Palin wrote.

By Emi Kolawole  | November 4, 2010; 4:15 PM ET
Categories:  44 The Obama Presidency, Eye on 2012
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The 'everyman' Congress: Which politician had what job in a previous life?
Next: John Boehner: 'There seems to be some denial on the part of the president'

Comments

With all that is going on in Washington ...pray tell why this reporter can't find something more than harassing Sarah Palin? Do your job ..and..report the facts.........

Posted by: paulann1 | November 8, 2010 7:43 AM | Report abuse

With all that is going on in Washington ...pray tell why this reporter can't find something more than harassing Sarah Palin? Do your job ....report the facts.........

Posted by: paulann1 | November 8, 2010 7:41 AM | Report abuse

First they say "I've never purposefully 'favorited' any Tweet."

Followed by "anything that goes out under [Palin's] name is hers."

Then they say "By Thursday evening, all of Palin's favorites had been cleared from her Twitter account."

How many accidents did this woman have?

Posted by: hanfb | November 8, 2010 7:39 AM | Report abuse

palin is a bad yeast infection that won't go away.

she's nothing more than an uneducated redneck from alaska who really quit her post as governor, because she was being investigated for malfeasance.

Posted by: FranknErnest | November 8, 2010 6:25 AM | Report abuse

palin is a bad yeast infection that won't go away.

Posted by: FranknErnest | November 8, 2010 6:25 AM | Report abuse

palin is a bad yeast infection that won't go away.

Posted by: FranknErnest | November 8, 2010 6:25 AM | Report abuse

palin is a bad yeast infection that won't go away.

Posted by: FranknErnest | November 8, 2010 6:25 AM | Report abuse

Desperate attempts to discredit Palin. Hows that working for ya LIBS? LOL

Posted by: unreal3 | November 8, 2010 6:05 AM | Report abuse

Love that photo--the Blood of Jesus. . . and the intellect of an ant.

Does anyone (and Ms. Palin) realize that the questioning of Obama's religion and birth location has long since sunk into the realm of a psychosis? Does anyone (and Ms. Palin) care?

Posted by: GaryD3 | November 7, 2010 8:27 PM | Report abuse

Love that picture. The Blood of Jesus. . . the intellect of an ant.

At this point, does Ms. Palin realize that this behavior falls in the realm of the psychotic?

Does she care?

Posted by: GaryD3 | November 7, 2010 8:07 PM | Report abuse

PLEASE RUN IN 2012 MS. PALIN

President Obama needs your help. Please select Christine O’Donnell as your running mate. We can call it the All Female Tea party Witch ticket. !!!

Please do this for your country. LMAO !!!!!

Posted by: letsgetreal | November 7, 2010 4:29 PM | Report abuse

It seems to me that by virtue of the volume of hatred Sarah stirs, interest in her not only exists .. it is flourishing. The nabobs on the left are accomplished in calling her names, but seldom solicit or diminish comments on what she accomplished in her brief governorship. More than anything else, her continuing presence is valid for many years to come and that's a fact so many Palin 'haters'must concede. Her detractors in the Republican morass don't want change, which is what Sarah represents. She is one of the few politicians I know whose promise I would believe and support.

Posted by: lejacle | November 7, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

You refused my comments of a few moments ago because I was submitting too many. When was the last time you have on record which I submitted. Perhaps because I appeared to favor Mrs. Palin gains a major negative in my submissions.
Lejacle

Posted by: lejacle | November 7, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Lejacle

Posted by: lejacle | November 7, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Lejacle

Posted by: lejacle | November 7, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: lejacle | November 7, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Palin is an ignorant and spiteful being, totally undeserving of any attention.

Stupid people like her do not contribute anything except discord to a civilised society. She needs to shutup.

Posted by: veerle1 | November 7, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

We Democrats try to keep things simple enough that even the farthest right Republicans and tea partiers can understand, but it just doesn't seem to work. Nevertheless, in the firm believe that the truth will set us free:

>pgr88 wrote: There is a huge fence of >political-correctness around Obama.

Be careful not to confuse courtesy with "political correctness," as conservatives often do.

>His middle name is "HUSSEIN" and yet anyone >who used it was called "racist."

Speaking of courtesy, it's courteous to use the form of a person's name that that person prefers. That's why Jimmy Carter was Jimmy instead of James. (Not that courtesy would matter much to anyone who pays attention to Coulter or Limbaugh or Beck.)

>The man talks about his Muslim relatives, >yet to bring them up is wrong.

Let's see. High unemployment, the economy still limping, and far too many troops deployed on the fool's errands begun by Bush in Iraq and Afghanistan. . . . Maybe the President and his supporters wish that discussion could focus on issues that affect more people than the President's Muslim relatives.

>Obama appears dressed in Muslim garb, yet >to show the photo of it, and one is >subjected to ridicule.

Okay. Once again, the Muslim clothing had been given to him by a Muslim head of state and he wore it out of courtesy for a photo op. Don't you have anything more important to think about?

>Why is the Left so afraid of discussion of >Obama's Muslim roots???

The Left is not monolithic, so I can't speak for any liberal but myself. His Muslim roots don't seem very important to him, and they're not very important to me. I'm more concerned about keeping Republicans from using him as a red herring to stall discussion of serious problems that affect our country. But I guess Coulter, Palin, Limbaugh, and Beck--all very wealthy people--don't worry about what happens to middle class Americans. He11, I don't care if I never get wealthy (which might be why I'm a teacher) but I want to keep drawing a paycheck, paying my bills, and keeping the mortgage current.

So tell me this: Why don't you conservatives worry about something real for a change?

Posted by: amstphd | November 7, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Check oiut the black preacher from Harlem and what HE says about Obama the Usurper. He says Obama is a total fraud, user of multiple SS numbers and a former CIA employee. Just go to Youtube and search some of Mannings speeches. This black man I would vote for.

Posted by: jagayan |
******************

Just shows how much "research" people do. The picture above of the church marquee? It's the church of this Rev. Dr. Manning. BTW, he's founded his own religious schools, has said that everyone who is not black should leave Harlem, and leave it to the blacks. Frankly, a nutjob. A mock trial was held in their church, which frankly should disqualify this church from any tax exempt status.

Posted by: MichelleKinPA | November 7, 2010 12:02 PM | Report abuse

ProChoiceGrandma (last time I will ask you the question, I promise):

When is OBAMA going to show us his birth certificate?

Posted by: JakeD2 |
************************************
He has...and a Republican governor has verified that the certificate which is available online to view, is valid.

Let's not mention the fact that shortly thereafter, a day or two after the birth, TWO Honolulu newspapers ran the birth announcement. They're on microfilm and available in libraries.

I'm waiting for the conspiracy theorists to come up with something.

I'd also like to point out that the issuance of long vs short form birth certificates are a State function.
What is important to note is that the information on the short form is derived from the long form certificate. In Hawaii, if you request a birth certificate, all you would get is a short form. You cannot get a long form certificate.

Incidentally, the one that the hospital gives to you, perhaps with your baby footprints, is not a legal, valid document.

Tell me, do you believe we landed on the moon? or was it faked? How about 9-11? Was there a US cover-up somewhere? What other conspiracy theories do you subscribe to?

Posted by: MichelleKinPA | November 7, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

First, Palin is not POTUSA material. She knows this and that is why she decided to be the voice behind the motivation of the Republican party. You may not like her, but many many others do and...THEY LISTEN to her.
Secondly, After the 2010 election, you would think that the Democrats would learn by now that just calling names, doesn't win elections. The only thing it serves is to push more and more Independents to the right/Republicans. As an Independent, reading these ignorant, name calling rants..only solidifies my (any many others) choice in 2010. It is looking however, that the job will not be done until 2012. If the media/politicians etc. were at all shocked by the wave of Republicans across the country, just wait till 2012. You haven't seen anything yet. If I were you, I would get my Resume ready, because the right is not going to let you sit on unemployment for 4 years. While the rest of us work to pay your bills. # 1 priority should be... to audit the funds being used in the Medicare/Medicaid programs. I smell corruption in almost every part of the Obama presidency/administration. If you are going to respond, please include facts and sources. Name calling is for the uneducated, low class elitist living on the coasts of the USA. Yes, the large cities have an even greater population. They underestimated just how many of us live in the rural and suburbs. They underestimated us.... Palin and the Republicans did not. 2012 vote for the red...the reds of anger and change. The Republicans are not perfect however, it's a beginning...and an end to the Blues/Democrats of the left. And...Whatever you do...PLEASE put Pelosi back in the closet. We can't stand to look at her, let alone trust her...anymore. Enough of the Blues.......2012 = no longer naive...the USA Returns.....stronger than ever and backed by, "The People." The way our founding fathers expected it to be. When they passed the torch..... they never expected it to be blown out. (GBA)2012 = Re-light the right.If you do not understand this... you must not be American.....

Posted by: MsDee1 | November 6, 2010 9:41 PM | Report abuse

yeah, you know "american taliban" just like Rachel Madow says.

Posted by: dummypants | November 6, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Turns out when you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. And its name is Sarah Palin. The woman is a disgrace. Fortunately for America, we know she loves big money and fawning fans much more than public service and the hard work of governance.

Posted by: greyK | November 6, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

That's just sad to see a religion spew hate just for the attention. It doesn't help that it gets assisted by people who claim to be "Christians". The Christians I have met are able promote God's love without saying hate promoting rhetoric. They get the "love thy neighbor" teachings. Why can't the haters?

Posted by: Falling4Ever | November 6, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jagayan | November 6, 2010 9:03 AM | Report abuse

JakeD2
I am sure you are impressing your little knuckle dragging like-minded racist teabaggers with your persistent pathetic plea to see President Obama's birth certificate. However, you simply bore me. You know, I really would enjoy a conversation with the opposition, but every time they are confronted with FACTS, they pull out the "where is Obama's birth certificate" schtick. You are simply on this thread to take up space defending your Queen. Just curious, are you one of the shills paid by Nick Garcia of Ignite Consulting? Nevermind, I have better things to do. Bye

Posted by: ProChoiceGrandma | November 6, 2010 1:44 AM | Report abuse

It's fun reading these comments. Palin
was right on less than 50% of her endorsements. What's most important is
that her endorsements of O'Donnell and Angle cost Republicans two Senate seats.
I'm a Democrat so I'm proud of that but
every Republican leader knows that statement is the absolute truth.

Bottom line is Palin will never win another general public election ever. She can motivate this far right core for a primary, but once the general election is done, the name of the winner will always be
Palin's opponent.

Why? She is a quitter and Americans will
not support one. She made a committment to
the people in Alaska and simply walked
away from it for personal gain. No matter
what opponent she will ever draw, he or
she will only need to remind the public
that she continues to talk the talk, but in
her one key test, the only walk she took
was to walk away.

Posted by: andyleheny | November 5, 2010 11:16 PM | Report abuse

It's fun reading these comments. Palin
was right on less than 50% of her endorsements. What's most important is
that her endorsements of O'Donnell and Angle cost Republicans two Senate seats.
I'm a Democrat so I'm proud of that but
every Republican leader knows that statement is the absolute truth.

Palin's opponent.

Why? She is a quitter and Americans will
not support one. She made a committment to
the people in Alaska and simply walked
away from it for personal gain. No matter
what opponent she will ever draw, he or
she will only need to remind the public
that she continues to talk the talk, but in
her one key test, the only walk she took
was to walk away.

Posted by: andyleheny | November 5, 2010 11:15 PM | Report abuse

Thank you for the opportunity but given your rules governing our commentaries, I cannot say what I feel about this person in the way that would be satisfying to me. I would either be judged abusive or I would need to use language that you would find unacceptable. I do not like this Palin person. And I particularly do not like McCain for introducing her to us. I don't know which of those two are the most inept. She has been an unqualified, inadequate pain since. It is completely inconceivable to me that she or anyone else consider her a prospect for president in the next century, much less in 2012. Barack Obama will be our next president. God save the USA.

Posted by: texace | November 5, 2010 9:53 PM | Report abuse

ProChoiceGrandma (last time I will ask you the question, I promise):

When is OBAMA going to show us his birth certificate?

Posted by: JakeD2 | November 5, 2010 6:45 PM | Report abuse

She is the most idiotic demagouge besides Glen Back et al.

Posted by: VoterfromIL | November 5, 2010 6:07 PM | Report abuse

JakeD2
Of course Trig Palin will never run for President, however he has served his usefulness as a political prop for Sarah Palin. Sarah talks the talk, but she FAKED the walk. Sarah can't keep her "birth" versions straight, first Trig was "born" at 35 weeks gestation (due date 5-18-08, then 5 weeks early, and recently she twice said she "had" him at 7 1/2 months, and changed his place of birth from Mat-Su to Anchorage. Furthermore, the letter that was presented at 10:30 pm on 11-3-08 supposedly by Palin's doctor, Dr. Cathy Baldwin-Johnson, is a forgery, and the good doctor will not comment (even brought her attorney with her to an interview which was then canceled).

Posted by: ProChoiceGrandma | November 5, 2010 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Christians that are following the true teachings would not promote hate.
How can Ms Palin think for one minute that this is funny?
My father used to say that you could find just as many "good" poeple at the bar as at church. He was right.
She looks and promotes herself as religious, yet her actions say something else.
No more hatemongering please....

Posted by: skoksvalley | November 5, 2010 3:01 PM | Report abuse
\

skoksvalley,
This needs to be reposted.

Posted by: MILLER123 | November 5, 2010 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Palin & her Tea Party, along with Karl Rove help to elect these Republicians into office because of the bad economy that they blamed on President Obama, instead of the former president, George Bush. Now that the Republicans are in, what are they doing? Grandstanding! I have yet to hear them say what they are going to do to jump-start the economy, all they are talking about is repealing the things that our President has put in place to help the middle income people. They stated that their main objective is to make sure that the President Obamais a one-term President.

We, as Democrates, want to see the Republican do something about the economy. These Tea Party groups and Sarah Palin better be aware of the ones they elected into office.

Minnie

Posted by: medward7 | November 5, 2010 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Either Sarah Palin is the clumsiest, most thoughtless, ignorant, accident prone Bimbo on the planet, or the biggest liar!

Posted by: miesque | November 5, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse

"The New York Times surveyed the Tea Party folks last spring and found them better-educated than average Americans."

This statistic gets more laughable every time some "college-educated" moron like Sarah Palin or Christine O'Donnell opens her piehole.

It just proves that most colleges in the US -- the non-elite ones that have produced these teabaggers -- are nothing but diploma mills.

Posted by: Observer691 | November 5, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

@pvilso24, I'll tell you who the real dummy is. Anyone who thinks Ann Coulter's Tweets are "funny."

Posted by: chrisfrenzy | November 5, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

We had one dumb man in the White House for 8 years and now the far right wants to try and put a dumb woman in there in 2012. What has happened to the AMERICA I grew up in and loved so much. It sounds like the Taliban is already over here running it. McConnell sounds like he might be part Taliban hisself. How did Ky ever think that he was good for their state. He is a radical racist and needs to go back to the hills. Ms. Palin needs to get her fanny back to Alaska and take care of that little boy who needs a GOOD mother, not this nutjob. We will be the laughing stock of the World if she is elected President. Leave my PRESIDENT alone and let him try to get something done for us. With McConnell and Boehner in charge, nothing will get done for the next two years. They will take all the credit and blame everything else on the PRESIDENT. Right on you two nutjob's.

Posted by: kathlenemadson | November 5, 2010 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kathlenemadson | November 5, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kathlenemadson | November 5, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kathlenemadson | November 5, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

I don't understand the obsession with Ms Palins son or Obamas birthplace.
We have so many problems in our country that have nothing to do with this...
Whether you like either party, by the way they are both failing the American people, why focus on rumors?
We have real problems. Our jobs and wages have disappeared and neither side seems to care. The rich just get richer....

Posted by: skoksvalley | November 5, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Christians that are following the true teachings would not promote hate.
How can Ms Palin think for one minute that this is funny?
No more hatemongering please....

Posted by: skoksvalley | November 5, 2010 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Stay classy!

Posted by: ozpunk | November 5, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Stay classy!

Posted by: ozpunk | November 5, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Stay classy!

Posted by: ozpunk | November 5, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Why do Republicans have so much hate in their hearts?

Posted by: sjp879 | November 5, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

@pvilso24, I don't hate Sarah Palin because she's a Christian Conservative woman. I know and like plenty of Christian Conservative women who are intelligent, reasonable people.

I dislike Sarah Palin because she is ignorant, dishonest, greedy, irresponsible, and above all, extremely dangerous for the U.S. Other than that she's OK I guess.

Posted by: chrisfrenzy | November 5, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Wow Palin haters still out in force over an Ann Coulter humorous tweet (as confirmed on CNN last night).

Why such hatred against a Christian conservative woman ?

Why never any focus on Palin's accomplishments ? her mainstream popular policies ? widely supported by Americans - think no to Obamacare, no to cap & tax, yes to reduced spending and yes to job-creating all-energy-options, pro-family, etc.

She picked lots of winners and led a movement that defeated a failing President big-time.. and retired hundreds of Dems across America.

Yes Bankrupt States like Cali, Nevada and New York retained their Union-friendly Dems. Guess how the GOP-controlled House will reward them ?

This election, Women broke for Repubs +6% for the first time, college-degree voters +20%, even more Jews, Gays and Hispanics voted Republican than ever before.

Palin retired early from Alaska to avoid bankruptcy, made millions privately, and becomes a national leader.. and likely a strong candidate to become the next President... and people here still call her a dummy.

Who's really the dummy ?

Posted by: pvilso24 | November 5, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Bin Laden is being sheltered by the Pakistani Taliban, a
violent Muslim sect that even fundamentalist Muslims disclaim asas aberrant. So she's being criticized for being too accurate?

Posted by: echosierra | November 5, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Bin Laden is being sheltered by the Pakistani Taliban, a

Posted by: echosierra | November 5, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Bin Laden is being sheltered by the Pakistani Taliban, a

Posted by: echosierra | November 5, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Bin Laden is being sheltered by the Pakistani Taliban, a

Posted by: echosierra | November 5, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Bin Laden is being sheltered by the Pakistani Taliban, a

Posted by: echosierra | November 5, 2010 2:10 PM | Report abuse

There is a huge fence of political-correctness around Obama.

His middle name is "HUSSEIN" and yet anyone who used it was called "racist."

The man talks about his Muslim relatives, yet to bring them up is wrong.

Obama appears dressed in Muslim garb, yet to show the photo of it, and one is subjected to ridicule.

Why is the Left so afraid of discussion of Obama's Muslim roots???

Posted by: pgr88 | November 5, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Palin as President:
"I didn't purposefully insert the key and press that red button. Let me look again to see what it does."

Posted by: jgllo | November 5, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JakeD2 | November 5, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Palin as President:

Posted by: jgllo | November 5, 2010 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Emi Kolawole:

Thank you for issuing the "Correction: An earlier version of this post incorrectly reported that Sarah Palin had retweeted a posting by Ann Coulter."

Posted by: JakeD2 | November 5, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

In short, Sarah is dumb (Sees Russia), greedy (governership quitter for book tour) and alibi-er (tweet)

Posted by: RoseAdler | November 5, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RoseAdler | November 5, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RoseAdler | November 5, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

RoseAdler:

At least she wouldn't post the same thing over and over ; )

pvilso24:

How can they post/read the comments here and claim that PALIN is the hateful one?

Posted by: JakeD2 | November 5, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Sarah is dumb, dumb, dumb: hand picked interviewers, ignorance of government and world affairs (seeing Russia?);
multiple colleges before BA degree; greed (leaving governership and then going on tour for her book).

Posted by: RoseAdler | November 5, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RoseAdler | November 5, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RoseAdler | November 5, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Why such hatred against a Christian conservative woman ?

Who's really the dummy ?

Posted by: pvilso24 | November 5, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Sarah Palin in the queen of excuses. Can't anyone see that she is dumb, dumb, dumb. I am not being abusive. I'm calling her for all of the ignorance that she's shown about government, world affairs, the Constitution. She had to go to a number of colleges before she got a BA degree. She no longer makes statements unless they are written down (remember the palm of her hand?; she refuses to be interviewed unless the interviewer is hand picked. What evidence do her supporters need?

Posted by: RoseAdler | November 5, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

ProChoiceGrandma:

First of all, there's no requirement that Trig's birth certificate be disclosed -- Trig can't run for President for another 34 years -- Gov. Palin never said she disclosed Trig's birth certificate. However, Gov. Palin DID prove that Trig is her son (with a signed letter from her ObGyn ; )

Now when is OBAMA going to show us his birth certificate?

Posted by: JakeD2 | November 5, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Rusty Humphries interviews Sarah Palin about Obama birth certificate:
Palin goes birther: Obama birth certificate “fair question” and “public rightly is still making it an issue” 12-3-09
Transcript:
HUMPHRIES: Sarah Palin here on the Rusty Humphries Show. One of the questions Jason asks is would you make the birth certificate an issue if you ran?

PALIN: I think the public rightly is still making it an issue. I don’t have a problem with that. I don’t know if I would have to bother to make it an issue because I think there are enough members of the electorate that still want answers.

HUMPHRIES: Do you think it’s a fair question to be looking at?

PALIN: I think it’s a fair question just like I think past associations and past voting records. All of that is fair game. You know, I’ve got to tell you too, I think our campaign, the McCain-Palin campaign didn’t do a good enough job in that area. We didn’t call out Obama and some of his associates on their records and what their beliefs were, and perhaps what their future plans were, and I don’t think that was fair to voters to not have done our job as candidates and a campaign to bring to light a lot of things that now we’re seeing manifest in the administration.

HUMPHRIES: I mean, truly if your past is fair game and your kids are fair game, certainly Obama’s past should be. I mean, we want to treat men and women equally, right?

PALIN: Hey, you know, that’s a great point. And that weird conspiracy theory freaky thing that people talk about that Trig isn’t my real son, and a lot of people that went "Well, you need to produce his birth certificate, you need to prove that he’s your kid," which we have done, but yeah, so maybe we can reverse that, and use the same [inaudible] thinking on the other one.

Note: Palin has NEVER produced Trig’s birth certificate, has never proved she gave birth to Trig:

Posted by: ProChoiceGrandma | November 5, 2010 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Everything I've see, everything, indicates Sister Sarah is about 180 degrees away from Christian.

Jesus said "love one another".

All Sister Sarah knows is hate, hate hate.

Posted by: seattle_wa | November 5, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

I have a new T-shirt slogan ready just in case Sarah Palin decides to foolishly try a run for the Republican nomination: Palin January 20, 2013 - August, 2014 (or thereabouts).

Posted by: CMAN27 | November 5, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

"I had to go back to my BlackBerry to even see if such a function was possible," Palin wrote."

I hope they don't let her run and play with scissors.

Posted by: knjincvc | November 5, 2010 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Pvilso, I am one of those Americans who reject this arrogant triumphalist, jingoistic, uber-egotistical notion of American "exceptionalism". Why? Because it has given the American people license to act as though the normal laws of physics, gravity, morality, civility, decency, respect for the opinions of mankind and indeed a host of internationally agreed upon principles of how nations ought to conduct themselves, do not apply to them simply by dint of the fact that they are "Americans". Well, guess what? Greeks, Persians, Egyptians, Romans, and Brits once all felt the same way. The Brits were once fond of saying the sun never sets on the British Empire. And now here we are, thinking arrogantly that we are the final word in societal and political evolution.

One sober look at what is presently happening to American society is enough to convince any rational human being that America is no exception to the rule that the rise and fall of empires is no different from the vagaries of the rise and fall, the reign and demise of other living species who have dominated this planet in different epochs.

All of you big headed talkers on the right have a great deal to learn about the nature of things. Keep this in mind: All things end.

Posted by: jaxas70 | November 5, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Run, Sarah, Run!

When you ran for VP, the country didn't get a real clear look at the hate, lies and ignorance you stand for. If you ran for Prez, do you think they would?

You Betcha they would!

Posted by: boston9 | November 5, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Palin is a a liar and a hypocrite.

Remember the NINTH commandment Sarah! Thou shalt not bear false witness.

Posted by: Richard18 | November 5, 2010 10:26 AM | Report abuse

There has to be a strong snow-driven avalanche some where in Alaska that can bury Palin ridding us of her - 'who the hell cares about her/her comments/her lies/her distortions/her ditzy head filled with written on her hand comments. Only because she is 35 does she meet any qualification to be President.

Posted by: rbsher | November 5, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Look. The present popularity of the tea party and thugettes like Palin, Coulter and Bachmann can be chalked up to two distinct phenomena--the flat out dog stupidity of republican voters in this country and a cynical, corrupt, mainstream media that sucks at the sphincters of these vile people for ratings and profit.

At some point, even this dog stupid electorate will get a bellyful of all of this. Probably when they find out just how painful this tea party agenda really is going to be for them personally.

Posted by: jaxas70 | November 5, 2010 10:05 AM |

================

jax, I agree completely with your sentiment, but please, quit insulting dogs.

Posted by: Blarney | November 5, 2010 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Just the very idea that the media are talking seriously about a Palin run for the Presidency is an indicator of the decline in the national character of the American electorate. Look. Even though only 3 out of 10 candidates who admitted to an affiliation with this wretched, squally bunch of dumbed down, hicks-in-the-sticks rednecks, yahoos, beer bellied gun toting thugs and their hags trotting along behind them with their hand grenade hairdos and Obama is a Muslim signs, even that low number is a sad indicator of just how low we have sunk as a nation.

Can't you idiots out there see there is a reason America is falling behind the rest of the world in all of the major metrics of what defines and advanced, intelligent, enlightened society? Wake up morons? When they say they want "their country" back, what do you think they mean? They want the country just the way it was when we were an agrarian laughingstock during the Articles of Confederation when the British were rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect of our failure. Washington and the Founding Fathers actually save us from the sort of government the Tea Party and the libertarians want.

Posted by: jaxas70 | November 5, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Sarah Palin is despicable. She's so full of hate towards people who don't agree with her politics.

Posted by: newageblues | November 5, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

In my life, there have been many American politicians labelled as extremists; from Barry Goldwater to George Wallace to George McGovern and so on.

Is there anyone out there, anyone at all, that thinks that this kind of activity by an influential political figure does any good for our country? The fact that a certain percentage of my countrymen find nothing wrong with this saddens me. Regardless of your political affliation, this does nothing to move our country forward or solve any problems.

Sigh.

I guess that's why (and remember this!) Tea Parties are for little girls.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | November 5, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Palin haters out in force.. over a humorous tweet from Ann Coulter ! : )

Why is their such mocking of the President ?

Only 45% of Dems according to Pew this year think Obama is a Christian !!

Why do his own supporters doubt his faith ?

Coulter and Rush Limbaugh actually have written that they believe Obama is a liberal atheist based on Obama's BEHAVIOR.

Foolish Birthers who question his birthplace... because his original birth certificate is carefully locked away... have missed the most obvious reason... the latest theory posits that ethnicity was included on Hawaiian Birth certificates in the early 1960s... Obama's ethnicity would be an amalgam of his Caucasian mother and Kenyan African Arab father... Caucasian Arab.

"Caucasian Arab" would explain why Obama spent a huge sum of money to lock it away... Obama even completed the census listing "Black" and of course self-identifies as a "black man". The Black community would not be pleased.. their historic President was born... a Caucasian Arab.

Yes.. an internationalist President who apologizes for his country and rejects American exceptional-ism... raises doubts about WHO HE IS ?

Why are we surprised with this tweet ?

Posted by: pvilso24 | November 5, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jaxas70 | November 5, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Palin/Coulter 2012!!!

Posted by: JEP07 | November 5, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

SARAH PALIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012!!!

-paid for the committee to re-elect Barack Obama

Posted by: andio76 | November 5, 2010 10:00 AM | Report abuse

SARAH PALIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012!!!

-paid for the committee to re-elect Barack Obama

Posted by: andio76 | November 5, 2010 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Sarah Palin kicks puppies and produces porn. Takes one to know one.

Posted by: bs2004 | November 5, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Palin and Coulter--two of the most vile, bigoted, racist public personalities in the country. Both have made statements not only indicating their bigotry and xenophobic tendencies, but truly have crackpot notions thatmshould disqualify them from holding any office, let alone the Presidency.

But who knows. American voters seem to have gone dog stupid. Anything could happen I suppose. But, it is a sad reaffirmation of America's continuing decline.

Posted by: jaxas70 | November 5, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Sarah has a new book coming out soon.
Can't wait.
Her book tour will be a great way to -pre-launch her campaign.
Sarah will look better and better compared to the dozen or so boys who run in the primaries against her.

Posted by: jfv123 | November 5, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Wishing Hindus, Sikhs and all others who celebrate, a wonderful and happy Diwali to you and your family.

Posted by: shewholives | November 5, 2010 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Who cares?? Obama is a Muslim, Obama is the devil, and of course Obama is a Nazi. Does this woman ever have anything intelligent to add to anything? Of all the things happening do we really need to read about her childish name calling everyday?

Posted by: rj2008 | November 5, 2010 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Jesus H. Christ, I swear I'd sweat my own blood to be rid of this Palin woman, whose divisive, ill-informed politics, policies, philosophies and zealotry represent a malignant growth on the political and national landscape. Banish her to the desert or to the frozen tundra of Alaska; that she even has the bully pulpit makes one ask not, "Hussein?", but rather, "Who's insane enough to actually listen to her?"

Posted by: dshepherd2 | November 5, 2010 9:05 AM | Report abuse

If nothing else I'll look forward to the next two years of her moronic ramblings and those of her lemmings for comedy's sake. We're going to need a good sense of humor now that the Klan is back in town.

Posted by: CHICO13 | November 5, 2010 8:30 AM | Report abuse

She is typical of some of the haters and liars that were recently elected to quash Pres. Obama. How they try to govern (tea vs Republican) will be a sight to behold.

Posted by: rlj611 | November 5, 2010 8:11 AM | Report abuse

The hate and small mindedness come shining through from the Sarah Palin's of the world. This is one more example. The complexity of finance, politics, taxes makes them paranoid. In times past it was all the jews fault, this time around it's all Obama's fault. Please send us a dolt like Palin as the next repub. candidate. She'll be humiliated by the time 11/12 comes around.

Posted by: DontGetIt | November 5, 2010 7:13 AM | Report abuse

Oh, great. A new 'church' is trying to outdo Rev. Wright's 'church' and the Westboro Baptist cult, in a quest for national attention. And Sarah Palin and Ann Coulter want to join.

*****************
The Washington Post needs to explain to us why its writers have such an incredible idol-worship fascination with Sarah Palin.
Which WP employee 'follows' Sarah Palin's every move to such a degree that they know minute-by-minute what idiotic things Sarah Palin is 'tweeting' and posting on Facebook? They need psychiatric help.

Posted by: momof20yo | November 5, 2010 6:47 AM | Report abuse

*****************

Posted by: momof20yo | November 5, 2010 6:42 AM | Report abuse

CNN did polling to see which Republicans could beat Obama in 2012.

If Republicans are foolish enough to make Palin their nominee, Democrats promise to send you all thank-you notes.

Posted by: exco | November 5, 2010 5:29 AM | Report abuse

If someone like Bush became the president of the US then anything is possible, Sarah Palin or any other person with racist views.

Posted by: mansour112 | November 5, 2010 5:17 AM | Report abuse

Sarah Palin cannot "explain away" the fact that she seemed to delight in that sign so much so that she saved it as a "favorite".

One can only concludiate that Sarah Palin is an idiot.

Posted by: ProChoiceGrandma | November 5, 2010 4:55 AM | Report abuse

There is nothing that would make me happier than Sarah Palin being the next Republican nominee for President of the United States. I'd LOVE to see her win a debate.

Obama wouldn't show up, of course; they'd get an obnoxious third grader to laugh and point every time she said something out loud. That way, the debate would be fair - because that's basically what Palin does right now.

Anyone who follows this woman is easily led or wants to join in a good laugh at the country's expense. Remember, Democrats want to take money OUT OF YOUR POCKET! As long as "you" are a millionaire.

Posted by: aaronweiner | November 5, 2010 4:55 AM | Report abuse

Typical dopey fishing expedition by the Democrats' very own eager, slavish "Der Sturmer" - The Washington Post. And the far left idiots that the WaPo panders to are all here to masturbate over this item. LOL. You people still have no idea what a joke you are to most of the country.

Posted by: tweedburst | November 5, 2010 4:42 AM | Report abuse

Hmmm.... I'm of a Russian decent... I guess I am Communist?? Sarah Palin is from Alaska... Eskimo??

Posted by: BobbyYarush | November 5, 2010 3:58 AM | Report abuse

"Sorry, Grams, you're way off base.
Sarah has no need to explain racism.
As of today, Muslims, the Taliban, and Idiots, have not "yet" been deemed, or declared "a race."
Don't degrade the Taliban, by trying to lump them with O'bama.
Members of the Taliban are daring, dedicated, and comitted. O'bama wouldn't know what to do, if he was put in the field with a rifle, and a back pack.
He knows nothing of the Warrior creed. He's worthless. He could "never" make it, as a talibani.
Dennis

Posted by: Shadowsmgc | November 5, 2010 2:03 AM"
=======================

Glad to know that you admire the Taliban so much, Dennis. In their free time, they tend to behead or hang (if they're lucky, they won't suffer much) adolescent girls who made the terrible sin of trying to learn how to read. Before they do that, they rape them.

This post shows your true colors, as well as the rest of the conservatives who secretly admire the Taliban.

Posted by: ClandestineBlaze | November 5, 2010 3:40 AM | Report abuse

The simplest answer is that she didn't think before she made it a favorite. Since she was making an image of a knowing lie a favorite, I think it's safe to assume that she wasn't totally out to lunch when she did it.

She seems to think she can just get away with blithering crap online the same way she does in person. That's not how it works though.

Posted by: Nymous | November 5, 2010 3:10 AM | Report abuse

Crooked. Bent. Cesspool = D. C. "Beltway". It needs a good cleaning. Wall St. too. Sarah knows many secrets. So do we the peeps. DC should secede from the Union while the gettins' good. Maybe that's why it isn't a "state of the Union"?

Posted by: deepthroat21 | November 5, 2010 3:04 AM | Report abuse

As usual, Palingates has the details! Sarah Palin, try as she might, cannot explain away her obvious racism.

I especially love the video of Pastor Harding calling Sarah Palin a dipsy doodle & so much more!

Posted by: ProChoiceGrandma | November 5, 2010 1:41 AM | Report abuse
-------------------------------------------
Sorry, Grams, you're way off base.
Sarah has no need to explain racism.
Don't degrade the Taliban, by trying to lump them with O'bama.

Posted by: Shadowsmgc | November 5, 2010 2:03 AM | Report abuse

The Media created Palin and the Media will eat her up when her 15-minutes is over!
Posted by: paris1969 | November 5, 2010 1:15 AM | Report abuse
-------------------------------------------
The Media, seems to respond rather well to Sarah.
It's been two years, actually three years now.
That's quite a long 15 m-i-n-u-t-e-s, don't you think???
Sarah's infulence, popularity, and reach, is continuing to grow.
It's clearly "not" visible to those of you, on the Left.
But, you didn't see the Tea Partiers, coming either.

Posted by: Shadowsmgc | November 5, 2010 1:50 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ProChoiceGrandma | November 5, 2010 1:41 AM | Report abuse

She should start doing Activia commercials.

Posted by: johng1 | November 5, 2010 12:36 AM | Report abuse
-------------------------------------------
I love it, Sarah'a kicking Demass, and all you guys can do, is whine, cry, and complain.
This has truly been a fun week.

white suprimacists suck
Posted by: MumboJumboo | November 5, 2010 12:20 AM | Report abuse
-------------------------------------------
Do you know any??? I "knew" one, but he died. He was Senator Robert Byrd, Dem. WVA.
-------------------------------------------
i'd call her a tool, but they actually serve a purpose.
Posted by: earthling | November 4, 2010 11:57 PM | Report abuse
-------------------------------------------
"That's" an opinion, at least. O'bama, and Nancy are puzzled. They're wondering what went wrong. O'bama's still walking around with his finger up hizass, Wondering "what went wrong"??? I'll tell you, what went wrong. Sarah campaiged against them. That's what happened.
-------------------------------------------
There is not much left to say. 75% of ALL AMERICANS think this QUITTER is not qualified to be president. The Democrats could nominate "The Situation" in 2012, and he would still beat this moron by at least 5 points.
Posted by: jimestw | November 4, 2010 11:24 PM | Report abuse
-------------------------------------------
88 percent of Americans, are against O'bamacare. Sarah was, and "is" his greatest adversary. She's still kicking his butt. Do you think she fights like a quitter?? Even a moron, is wiser, and smarter than O'bama. He "still" cannot figure out why Americans don't like his O'bamacare. Is he dumb, or what??
-------------------------------------------
The woman is a complete fruitcake. Anyone with judgement can see this. Liberals, conservatives, democrats and republicans alike. I hope she runs for President in 2012. And Ann Coulter for vice-pres. She can explain that the best reason to vote for her is because Obama is a taliban. After all it seems to really be her belief that he is so...
Posted by: RegisUrgel | November 4, 2010 11:24 PM | Report abuse
-------------------------------------------
I hope Sarah runs, too. She's the best candidate, at this point. She'll decide, within the year, whether she'll run, or if she'll be more effective, supporting another Republican. The Tea Parties are still growing, and amassing strength. It's going to be a good two years. C'mon, 2012.

Posted by: Shadowsmgc | November 5, 2010 1:37 AM | Report abuse

She should start doing Activia commercials.

Posted by: johng1 | November 5, 2010 12:36 AM | Report abuse
-------------------------------------------
This has truly been a fun week.

white suprimacists suck
Posted by: MumboJumboo | November 5, 2010 12:20 AM | Report abuse
-------------------------------------------
i'd call her a tool, but they actually serve a purpose.
Posted by: earthling | November 4, 2010 11:57 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: jimestw | November 4, 2010 11:24 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: RegisUrgel | November 4, 2010 11:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Shadowsmgc | November 5, 2010 1:36 AM | Report abuse

Now I really know this Emi dolt writer at this yellow journalism site is a liar and fraud... even CNN has it correct. Jerks.

(CNN) - Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin caused a bit of a stir Thursday when a tweet from conservative commentator Ann Coulter appeared on a list of her account’s favorite tweets.

The tweet showed a picture of a sign outside “The Blood of Jesus ATLAH World Missionary Church” in New York. The sign read: “The blood of Jesus against Obama history made 4 Nov 2008 a Taliban Muslim illegally elected president USA:Hussein.”

The tweet has since been removed from Palin’s Twitter account.

Coulter originally re-tweeted the item from the account of liberal commentator Marc Lamont Hill. The two often appear on television together.

After the Palin camp was reached for comment, it referred CNN to a statement given to ABC’s Jake Tapper.

“I've never purposefully ‘favorited’ any tweet. I had to go back to my BlackBerry to even see if such a function was possible. I was traveling to Alaska that day...it was an obvious accidental ‘favoriting,’ but no one can mistake that Ann Coulter was obviously being tongue in cheek with that tweet,” Palin said in the statement. “Shall I correct this with whichever wonderful media outlet ran with this (an obviously bored reporter...since there must be nothing going on in the world today, like, um, ramifications of a shake up of power in the U.S. House of Representatives?).”

Lamont Hill appeared on CNN’s AC360 Thursday and said the original tweet was a joke directed toward Ann Coulter because of their impression of the church’s pastor, James Manning.

“We make jokes about Pastor Manning,” Hill told CNN’s Anderson Cooper. “I took a picture and sent it to her because the sign was obviously absurd.”

Palin has used her Facebook and Twitter accounts throughout the midterm election season to endorse and promote candidates across the country.

Posted by: philipjames1 | November 5, 2010 1:16 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: paris1969 | November 5, 2010 1:15 AM | Report abuse

She should start doing Activia commercials.

Posted by: johng1 | November 5, 2010 12:36 AM | Report abuse

white suprimacists suck

Posted by: MumboJumboo | November 5, 2010 12:20 AM | Report abuse

i'd call her a tool, but they actually serve a purpose.

Posted by: earthling | November 4, 2010 11:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jimestw | November 4, 2010 11:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RegisUrgel | November 4, 2010 11:24 PM | Report abuse

There is not much left to say. 75% of ALL AMERICANS think this QUITTER is unqualified to be president. The Democrats could nominate "The Situation" in 2012, and he would still beat this moron by at least 5 points.

Posted by: jimestw | November 4, 2010 11:23 PM | Report abuse

Here's what has Palin's panties in a wad; now that the Reps have taken the house she isn't policing for anyone else. From now on it's all Sarah all the time.

She has to sell more than just her open-toe pumps. She has to show people who Palin is (apologies to G. Stein), there's no there there. Just an empty pair of red hot, strappy, sling-back, open-toe, platform sole, pumps.

Posted by: arancia12 | November 4, 2010 11:13 PM | Report abuse

I've read a lot of the comments here and frankly, I'm ashamed that my Conservative brethren could possibly justify this behavior on the part of Palin and her people. She's is a National political figure who is positioning herself to run for the Leader of the Free World. There is NO excuse for this behavior.

Those who are attempting to excuse it reveal a sickness that has hijacked our political culture. We just took over the House of Representatives because people want JOBS. NOT psychotic fanatics fanning the flames of hate. Get over it you losers. We are WINNERS. Start acting like it. Not like a bunch of crybaby crank and crackheads. YOU embarrass TRUE Conservatism!

Posted by: freethegop | November 4, 2010 11:02 PM | Report abuse

Is the WaPo is the new National Enquirer? Maybe you'd feel better if you made a pouty face and kick Palin in the kneecap.

stay classy liberals...

Posted by: makaput | November 4, 2010 10:51 PM | Report abuse

The PR machinery behind Palin decided shortly before President Obama travels to Asia to throw this abject fabrication into the minds of the american people trapped in the wars ad infinitum her boss-es
are rewarding her to promote. No wonder pal chris o'donnell
had the vision? Hillary Clinton would be soon VP..
EXTRA extra security is what president obama needs at this moment
Haters and rage producers do not know how to compromise .
Destruction and backstabbing is more seductive to them.

Posted by: manittou | November 4, 2010 10:48 PM | Report abuse

Oh no.... I accidentally clicked on the top of this page to add the Twitter feed from this column. Now I am going to be smeared with all the lies and fabrications made by Emi Donuthole. How do I shut it off before all my friends and associates disown me? Please post the technical instructions to unlink to this twitter feed... this is terrible. I have never been associated with left wing liars and scum balls and it will ruin my reputation.

Posted by: philipjames1 | November 4, 2010 10:27 PM | Report abuse

First of all, either the people here are real idiots or they are just plain out and out liars and smear artists. Sarah Palin follows 102 tweet streams... they then get listed as her favourites. Of course, the dolt here...Emi Donuthole... either does not know that or lies like a jackrabbit.

I have an even bigger scandal…. Sarah Palin also follows the tweets from the White House. Holy crap. Now she is going to be blamed for all the lies and garbage coming from that place…. quick…. delete all their tweets Sarah before they blame you for Obamacare, GM bailout, lies and corruption, buying union buying votes, and all those other doofus Obama actions. Yikes.

Posted by: philipjames1 | November 4, 2010 10:20 PM | Report abuse

"But aren't all Republicans dimwitted?" Classics 60: with a generalization like that you have a fighting chance of being dimwitted yourself. Maybe you can keep our some of our Birthers company.

Posted by: Labbymalone | November 4, 2010 9:57 PM | Report abuse

It is unbelievable to me that this is okay with anybody. Her followers must be truly blind with hate.

Posted by: sarahabc | November 4, 2010 9:57 PM | Report abuse

Obama is not a Taliban Muslim. He is the most anti-Muslim racist President ever.

He had sent in more drones to deliberately kill innocent Muslim babies, women and children. He had escalated the war in Afghanistan by sending in more troops and bombs. He deliberately made the announcement during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan so as to spit onto the face of every Muslims.

The liberals Democrats and media reward Obama's anti-Muslim agenda by praising him as a peace-lover and Nobel Peace Prize.

The racist Obama even openly insulted all Muslims as stupid for trying to build a mosque in NY.

Obama is the most anti-Muslim racist US President ever.

Posted by: cxyehonala | November 4, 2010 9:40 PM | Report abuse

Palin is a typical dimwitted Republican. But aren't all Republicans dimwitted? Sure enough!

Posted by: Classic60 | November 4, 2010 9:30 PM | Report abuse

Earth to birthers: An Arabic name attached to a Muslim African doesn't necessarily mean he's an Arab. He theoretically could be - there are Arabs, Indians, and Europeans in sizable numbers in East Africa as well as African blacks. However there are tens of millions of non-Arabic Africans who are Muslims with Arab names but aren't Arabs (ever hear of Nigeria? The place some of you probably sent all your money after you got an e-mail?). So in regard to the concept that BO is hiding an Arab surprise on his birth cert - not bloody likely. I'm actually surprised that Coulter finds this amusing; she's a bit twisted but not at all stupid. Palin however ... As far as I'm concerned there aren't fires hot enough below for people like her who give conservatives a reputation for being mentally-vacated. This long-running birther thing is the dumbest thing on the Right I can remember since the water fluoridation nonsense of my childhood. Grow up, Conservatives! (not original, but the real Barry had it right the first time). If Mama Grizzly and Kool Aid pushers like Rush and Beck don't stab us in the back again (it would have been nice to take back the Senate, but their Mice-Brains in Del and Nev. took care of that), Obama can be held to one term too many.

Posted by: Labbymalone | November 4, 2010 9:12 PM | Report abuse

This is what all the idiots do who are too stupid and lazy to actually come up with a valid criticism of Obama - call him a Muslim or question his birth certificate - you didn't think Palin was any smarter than them did you?

Posted by: kenmcree | November 4, 2010 9:02 PM | Report abuse

Jake, I really hope the GOP does investigate "the birth certificate." For months on end. With millions of Americans losing their jobs and homes, a ridiculous spectacle like that would remind people exactly why Republicans should never, ever be trusted to run our government.

By the way, Palin favorited the church link. She has also since scrubbed her favorites.

Posted by: shstl | November 4, 2010 8:55 PM | Report abuse

what is it that motivates her to be so bitter and negative? (the pursuit of the truth?) not as yet.
there are meaningful things to criticize about President Obama and his administration, yet she continues to wallow in the sewer of recycled rumor and falsehood. She seems to have developed a real following but it seems that she is squandering her opportunity to become a respected leader. I would love to hear something constructive from her about anything.

Posted by: comchay999 | November 4, 2010 8:48 PM | Report abuse

So did she retweet it or favorite it? Yes, there is a difference for those unfamiliar with Twitter. WaPo needs to have someone proofreading this stuff so their facts are consistent. It is only three short paragraphs. It isn't like the readership, as evidenced by some of the comments on here that are just as bad if not worse than what Palin favorited, would have been any less mortified by it had the facts been written properly, but it opens the Post up for justified criticism of its reporting.

Posted by: DBrown24 | November 4, 2010 8:45 PM | Report abuse

Hey Jake, What's your last name? Palin or Coulter. Sounds like you have a little tude going on there jake. What are you, a teapartier? HA HA HA

Posted by: sammsammus | November 4, 2010 8:28 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of hateful... did anyone hear Jan Brewer of AZ drunken speech the other night?

Posted by: angriestdogintheworld1 | November 4, 2010 8:28 PM | Report abuse

Powerful story. Except I follow both Palin and Coulter on Twitter, and Palin never retweeted the photo. So the comments about how horrible Palin is are based in a false accusation.

If you want to accuse Coulter, go for it, but get your story straight before you tar Palin with this one.

How hard is it for the Washington Post to get an intern or someone to follow Palin on Twitter to confirm or debunk these things before they make print or the Post's web site?

Posted by: David_Powell3006 | November 4, 2010 8:28 PM | Report abuse

An amiable, common sense-laden Governor, I don't have any qualms about Sarah Palin's running her mouth for the good of our country. But,if she truly (and it's not proven that she did) re-tweeted a vicious vitriol against President Obama saying "he's a Taliban Muslim," that's when I draw the line. You don't have to be a rocket-scientist to know that mud-slinging unveils the true color of a person and, without an iota of doubt, only amount for naught. By all accounts, substance trumps style. So, for whatever it's worth, let's stay above board by sticking to the issues and shunning sleazy invectives to win our political battles!

Posted by: mariotheceleb | November 4, 2010 8:27 PM | Report abuse

jake and james - are you kidding me? the birth certificate?
eye roll. eyes rolling . . . all over the country, the states, the nation, the world. enjoy the fantasy.

Posted by: ebproducer

=========

Sarcasm, my friend.

There isn't going to be any impeachment or even a hearing. Even Michelle maniac Bachmann hasn't asked for a hearing on the matter. She even knows it's BS. They're just playing to the Fox News morons.

And JakeD2 .... Calling Bush "the Chimp" was an insult to Chimps.

JakeD2 is just a chump trying to make a couple of bucks to take the family out for the big Saturday night dinner at McDonalds. He can't land himself a real job.

Posted by: James10 | November 4, 2010 8:20 PM | Report abuse

She's just plain hateful, what an awful person.

Posted by: 44fx2901 | November 4, 2010 8:11 PM | Report abuse

JakeD2

You're really slow. If you work really, really hard some day you could become a prostitute and regain some of your lost dignity.

Posted by: James10 | November 4, 2010 8:10 PM | Report abuse

sammsammus:

At least they don't stutter like you.

ebproducer:

See you later.

Posted by: JakeD2 | November 4, 2010 8:00 PM | Report abuse

BTW: kcme28 -- thank God that it is not illegal to ask whether Obama is a Taliban Muslim -- just like it wasn't illegal for you guys to call GWB a chimp. It's OK when your side does it, though, isn't it?

As for the number of Nobel peace prizes, Arafat has one, so (if Obama was born in Kenya and is secretly a Taliban Muslim), that makes at least two.

You said that you only had "one question" for Gov. Palin -- but I will let that slide this time -- she does not have ANY "nobel peace prized [SIC]" nor does she want one that was voted on less than one month after assuming office.

What did OBAMA do to deserve his?

Thank you in advance though for agreeing that my comments are logical, articulate, and well stated ; )

Posted by: JakeD2 | November 4, 2010 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Coulter and Palin HA, What a couple of twits.
Hey Sarah, make her your VP choice, you'll be sure to win then. HA HA HA HA HA

Posted by: sammsammus | November 4, 2010 7:54 PM | Report abuse

Coulter and Palin HA, What a couple of twits.
Hey Sarah, make her your VP choice, you'll be sure to win then. HA HA HA HA HA

Posted by: sammsammus | November 4, 2010 7:54 PM | Report abuse

oh, now it's "the vital records". very creative. sorry. i'm out. you guys are too stoopid for 5 more seconds of my life that i will never get back. but again, enjoy the fantasy. out.

Posted by: ebproducer | November 4, 2010 7:53 PM | Report abuse

jake and james - are you kidding me? the birth certificate?

Posted by: ebproducer | November 4, 2010 7:49 PM | Report abuse

ebproducer:

I'm not the one who is ignorant. YOU are the one claiming that it is impossible that Obama was born in Kenya. Were you present in Hawaii when he was born? Even if you were, you'll excuse me for not just taking your word for it. Again, why doesn't he simply consent to the release of his original "vital records" that the State of Hawaii claims to have?

Posted by: JakeD2 | November 4, 2010 7:47 PM | Report abuse

James10:

I don't think we need any threats of violence just yet ; )

It takes a majority in the House to impeach, so it's no good forcing a vote if we don't have a majority. It may take one more election to clean house in the Senate too. Hopefully, enough STATES pass individual laws requiring proof of birth for everyone running in 2012 as that would really force the issue.

Posted by: JakeD2 | November 4, 2010 7:40 PM | Report abuse

jake - you're a funny guy. live with the bliss that is ignorance. it will always, serve you well, until you are lucky enough to learn the difference. palin rocks. hannity and beck rock. all the way.

Posted by: ebproducer | November 4, 2010 7:37 PM | Report abuse

If the tea party winners don't try to impeach Obama for not being a natural born US citizen they should be shot for treason.

Posted by: James10 | November 4, 2010 7:36 PM | Report abuse

Back on topic:

It is possible that a Taliban Muslim was illegally elected President (why won't Obama simply consent to the release of his original "vital records" that the State of Hawaii claims to have?).

Posted by: JakeD2 | November 4, 2010 7:31 PM | Report abuse

ebproducer:

That's obviously your opinion, with which I will simply disagree then (along with your opinion that she is "truly disgusting" or that we all "absolutely delighted" about the Senate race in Alaska -- it's still not decided that Murkowski won ; )

Posted by: JakeD2 | November 4, 2010 7:27 PM | Report abuse

she had many endorsements - and many of those were already safe R seats. many others, were not tea party candidates. i do not think it is an overreach to say the high profile losses (ones SHE herself made high profile, btw) send a stronger message than her ROI from wins. these several major losses speak louder than the 3 times as many wins. and that is the most true in the humiliation of the alaska senate race. it is truly a shame. not.

Posted by: ebproducer | November 4, 2010 7:19 PM | Report abuse

ebproducer and pvilso24:

MORE of Gov. Palin's endorsements won than lost. The most important part is the GOP control over re-districting that will take place over the next year ; )

Nosy_Parker and MidwaySailor76:

Be afraid, be very afraid!!!

Posted by: JakeD2 | November 4, 2010 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Maybe the tweet like the billboard is just more evidence of what Americans think of Obama's "otherness" ?

Heck only 45% of Dems according to Pew this year think Obama is a Christian !!

Why do his own supporters doubt his faith ?

Coulter and Rush Limbaugh actually have written that they believe Obama is a liberal atheist based on Obama's BEHAVIOR not what he says. Think Golf on Sundays, rare Church attendance, support for abortion.. these are NOT common attributes of Christians.

Birthers who question his birthplace... because his original birth certificate is carefully locked away... have missed the most obvious reason... the latest theory posits that ethnicity was included on Hawaiaan Birth certificates in the early 1960s... Obama's ethnicity would be an amalgam of his Caucasian mother and Kenyan African Arab father... Caucasian Arab.

Caucasian Arab would explain why Obama spent a huge sum of money to lock it away... Obama even completed the census listing "Black" and of course self-identifies as a "black man". The Black community would not be pleased.. their President was born... a Caucasian Arab.

Why are we surprised ?

Posted by: pvilso24 | November 4, 2010 7:03 PM | Report abuse

also, it has to be said, aside from her other horrific losses on tuesday - o'donnell, angle, raese, just to name a few - aren't we all absolutely delighted in her utter humiliation over the senate race in alaska? knowing how ugly and vindictive she is, i can only imagine her total, uncomprehending anger over it. and more humiliation today - conservative commentator konderacke (sp?) - "palin is a joke". all republicans and conservatives know it - for the most part, they just can't say it out loud. yet.

Posted by: ebproducer | November 4, 2010 6:59 PM | Report abuse

To Sarah Palin -
This is a partial listing of President Obama's accomplishments. Unlike you he cares about the people of the United States of America .

You only care about how much money the people of the US can give you to make you more rich: Regardless who wins the White House after this President he has completed more than any President in the history of this country -
Read it and weep!
1. Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Health Care Reform)
Signed on March 23, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act was meant to expand access to health insurance to millions of Americans. The law mandates that all Americans buy into an insurance pool, and prevents insurers from rejecting patients with pre-existing conditions.

2. Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Financial Reform)
Tighter government oversight will, allegedly, keep a closer eye on Wall Street, and will have the power to simply shut down failing institutions before they threaten to topple the U.S. economy. In addition, new consumer protections that include a cap on fees charged by banks will soon take effect.

3. American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)

Allocated $113.5 billion for the development of alternative energy sources, new forms of mass transit and the retrofitting of buildings to become more energy efficient. Perhaps more than any other aspect of the $789 billion package, the focus on modernization signaled an attempt at nudging the country to a new economic model.

4. Credit Card Reform Act
It limits the kind of marketing credit card companies and banks make to students.

5. Troop Surge in Afghanistan
Sharply drawn down the number of soldiers fighting in Iraq, while increasing the number sent to Afghanistan.

And this was completed in 18 months of being in office.

Posted by: sun52shine | November 4, 2010 6:48 PM | Report abuse

Palin doesn't know the first thing about Jesus it's obvious from all her comments. The woman is a hypocrite period!

Posted by: LolaL | November 4, 2010 6:44 PM | Report abuse

She's not only wrong about most things she supports others who are wrong about most things. Ignorance must truly be bliss!

Posted by: Fate1 | November 4, 2010 6:43 PM | Report abuse

Hum.. lets see.. we just had a historic election repudiation of the Democrats... more than 60 House seats and 6 Senate seats change hands, what 12 governorships ? and 15 legislatures ? I've lost track !

New conservative leadership in Congress... Marco Rubio, Allan West, Rand Paul... new conservative governors like Niki Haley and others... yes even some recycled old faces like Harry Reid, Charlie Rangel, and Jerry Brown !

But Sarah Palin's tweets are news ?

An alien visitor would think she is America's most powerful political leader.

Who knew ?

Posted by: pvilso24 | November 4, 2010 6:42 PM | Report abuse

Palin doesn't know the first thing about Jesus the lady is a hypocrite!

Posted by: LolaL | November 4, 2010 6:42 PM | Report abuse

Could you really expect anything better of Coulter and Palin? They stay true to form- disgusting, vulgar, deliberately offensive.

At least they have personal integrity.

Since this is a public forum, I will NOT write what I think of their non-existant ethics, their all-consuming greed, their flagrant lies, and their personal hygiene.

Suffice to say: When I was growing up, I was taught that Jesus hates hypocrisy more than anything else. It is possibly the ONLY unforgiveable sin.

Those who love money and power and fame more than they love their neighbors, but profess to be true Christians or truer Americans should look inward and question their qualifications before standing before their Creator.

If they do not care for their neighbors, they should be shamed and shunned.

No one should give money, physical or emotional aid, or any sort of comfort to a shunned person.

Coulter and Palin need to earn re-entry into human society.

Posted by: law1946 | November 4, 2010 6:39 PM | Report abuse

HEY!! Sarah could've used the washington post when katie couric asked her what news articles she reads! DUH!! seriously though, it's one thing to challenge and critisize our leaders - that's one of the founding priniciples of our country. But to outright call them a taliban muslim is just irresponsible and should be illegal. kinda like sending out us maps with senators that don't vote the way YOU want them to with crossbows over their house.

i have but one question for ms. palin - how many nobel peace prizes do ANY taliban members have ? AND ms. palin - how many nobel peace prized do YOU have ?

one good note - it's nice to finally read an article about the president and ALL of the comments are logical, articulate, and well stated.

Posted by: kcme28 | November 4, 2010 6:38 PM | Report abuse

I agree:

These are tweets from a birdbrain.

Posted by: thomp | November 4, 2010 6:13 PM | Report abuse

gawd - this woman is truly disgusting.

Posted by: ebproducer | November 4, 2010 6:10 PM | Report abuse

gawd - this woman is truly disgusting.

Posted by: ebproducer | November 4, 2010 6:09 PM | Report abuse

palins just a typical republican

Posted by: newagent99 | November 4, 2010 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Typical racist, like her neanderthal racist supporters. She hates brownskinned "farners".

Posted by: info23 | November 4, 2010 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Very classy. Politicians are sleezy enough, but "talk-circuit-personalities" such as Coulter and Palin don't even have the scruples of politicians because they aren't accountable to anyone.

Their mission is to get attention, no matter how hateful or trashy their statements might be.

Posted by: brian_away | November 4, 2010 5:31 PM | Report abuse

moron is as moron does. Looking forward to the teaparty prez candidates vs the regular GOP prez candidates. The mean morons versus the plain old mean.

Posted by: silverspring25 | November 4, 2010 5:30 PM | Report abuse

No wonder she likes to tweet; tweets are appropriate for a birdbrain.

Posted by: dddvu | November 4, 2010 5:28 PM | Report abuse

No wonder she likes to tweet; tweets are appropriate for a birdbrain.

Posted by: dddvu | November 4, 2010 5:27 PM | Report abuse

"Whether Palin retweeted the Coulter tweet personally is unclear, but SarahPAC staffer Rebecca Mansour insisted to a reporter this summer that 'anything that goes out under [Palin's] name is hers.'"

One can only shudder at the thought of a Palin presidency.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 4, 2010 5:24 PM | Report abuse

Why not? This is all too typical of her and Coulter. If it blows up, she can say that she just thought it was funny, as though such hate-filled ignorance can ever be funny.

Posted by: JackRoscoe | November 4, 2010 5:24 PM | Report abuse

This dingbat has no shame.

Posted by: kjclark1963 | November 4, 2010 5:22 PM | Report abuse

One can only shudder at the thought of a Palin presidency.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 4, 2010 5:21 PM | Report abuse

While she was tweeting, does anyone know if she was wearing her MC HAMMER glasses?

Posted by: password11 | November 4, 2010 5:19 PM | Report abuse

I don't have any problem believing that Palin supports such racist, ignorant nonsense. Every time I read about anything she's said or done I want to put bleach into my eyes to wash away the horror.

Posted by: MidwaySailor76 | November 4, 2010 5:09 PM | Report abuse