Posted at 5:40 PM ET, 02/ 6/2011

Bill O'Reilly interviews president Obama before the Super Bowl: 'Once my Bears lost, I don't pick sides'

By Emi Kolawole

President Obama sat down with FOX News host Bill O'Reilly on Sunday for a live interview that aired during pre-game coverage of the Super Bowl on local FOX broadcast stations.

The interview, which was preceded by a series advertisement-programming hybrids sponsored by E-Trade and Pizza Hut, showed the "O'Reilly Factor" host and the president sitting in the White House, one-on-one.

O'Reilly started with Egypt, asking the president when embattled Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak would leave office.

"Only he knows what he's going to do," Obama said. "Egypt is not going to go back to what it was. The Egyptian people want freedom. They want free and fair elections ... and so what we've said is you've got to start a transition now."

O'Reilly pressed the president to say, if he knew, when Mubarak would leave. "We can say that the time is now for you to start making a change in that country," Obama said.

"He has been a good partner when it comes to the peace with Israel," Obama said, adding that Mubarak was aware of certain U.S. foreign relations plans.

"He knows a lot of bad things about us," O'Reilly said. "So I'm just worried that he might go off the reservation. "

The conversation then turned to the question of the Muslim Brotherhood, a non-secular faction that is currently involved in talks with the Egyptian government. "I think that the Muslim Brotherhood is one faction in Egypt," Obama said. "There are a whole bunch of secular folks in Egypt...educators, civil society in Egypt that want to come forward as well.

"What I want is a representative government in Egypt," Obama said, when pressed as to whether he would want the Muslim Brotherhood becoming the leading political party.

Discussion then turned to the health-care reform law and a recent decision by a Florida court judge to strike down the president's signature reform effort. "I think the judge in Florida was wrong," said Obama, citing 12 other judges who had thrown out suits challenging the law. When O'Reilly said it would go to the Supreme Court, Obama countered that legal challenges still had other levels of the judicial system to go through.

"I'm not prepared to go back to a day when," if you have a pre-existing condition you "can't get help."

O'Reilly then read an editorial from the Wall Street Journal that described the president as being open to a re-distribution of wealth.

"The Wall Street Journal would probably paint you as a pretty left-wing guy," Obama said, when O'Reilly finished reading.

O'Reilly then claimed a majority of Americans disapproved of the health-care law, asking the president for his take. "Actually, I think it's pretty evenly divided, Bill," Obama said.

Obama and O'Reilly continued to spar over the nature of the health-care law, with O'Reilly claiming that many Americans feel that the president was intruding on their freedoms, "I give you credit, you've got a pretty big viewership," Obama said, again countering the claim that a majority of Americans did not support the law.

O'Reilly then asked whether the president was moving towards the political center, joking, "We were set up over there and they moved you a little bit to the center."

"Now, our focus is not on re-fighting the battles of the last two years," Obama said. "I'm the same guy and my practical focus...is how do we out-innovate...out-compete the rest of the world."

Asked about the worst part of the job of being president, Obama joked, "First of all, I got the jacket on on Super Bowl Sunday," later saying that the biggest problem was "being in the bubble."

"Over time you feel like you're not able to have a spontaneous conversation with folks," Obama said.

"I'm a lot grayer, that's for sure," the president continued when O'Reilly said others had told him Obama had changed.

"I think they'd say I'm basically the same guy as when I came in," said the president.

"Can I tell you what they say?" asked O'Reilly, "You're much more guarded."

"There's no doubt that the weight of the office has an impact," said Obama going on to say that the more he was in the job the more he enjoyed it.

"Does it disturb you that so many people hate you?" O'Reilly said.

"The people who dislike you don't know you," said Obama. "The folks who hate you they don't know you. What they hate is whatever funhouse mirror image of you that's out there. So you don't take it personally."

O'Reilly ended by turning back to the night's main event and the question of who would win.

"Once my Bears lost, I don't pick sides," Obama said. O'Reilly then asked if the president cared about the game. Obama said he did and that he wanted "a good game."

"I have to get out of here, because I'll frighten [J. Lo]," O'Reilly said, referring to singer Jennifer Lopez who was attending the White House Super Bowl party.

"I schmooze with everbody once they come," said Obama, insisting that once the game started he would focus and not allow guests to interrupt.

O'Reilly then plugged a longer, taped interview to air Monday.

By Emi Kolawole  | February 6, 2011; 5:40 PM ET
Categories:  44 The Obama Presidency
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Reagan Centennial tribute
Next: President Obama speaks at U.S. Chamber of Commerce

Comments

O'Reilly looked like a rooster eating barbed wire as the President beat him to the punch on every sleazy line he tried. O'Reilly likes the phone in interviews so he can hang up and make an off the wall remark when he is loseing as he usually does. O'Reilly like to make little wise cracks or tell just part of a story so his stupid listeners have to form their own opinion of what he said.

Posted by: SWAMPYPD | February 10, 2011 7:19 PM | Report abuse

Hey interactidiomas
I know you don't consider anyone with an opinion that differs with yours worthy of being a "person" but here you go:
I don't know anything about the Presidents' dog, I think he is attractive, he and his wife are educated, however I think Michele Obama's thesis was marginal, and his daughters are simple adorable.
So, in my opinion which you say lacks any value, I would lable you intolerant and confirm you as closed minded.
How typical of the left, nowadays

Posted by: 912anita | February 9, 2011 12:26 AM | Report abuse

O'Reilly was incredibly rude and disrespectful, and succeeded only in making himself look foolish and childish. In an attempt to one-up someone far more important, accomplished, and intelligent, he showed himself to be exactly the kind of petulant bully he has repeatedly been documented to be by careful media observers.

If any pundit had behaved even half that badly with GW Bush, the right wing media would be screaming.

As for those who point to O'Reilly's ratings, as has been described by MSNBC, Sponge Bob Square Pants gets higher ratings in the time slot.

Posted by: ac12 | February 9, 2011 12:04 AM | Report abuse

Good interview. Bill and the big boss talkin in the no spin zone. The whole thing was pretty middle of the road - I mean, how much can you cover in 15 minutes. I liked it and liked the other segments that were shown on Monday. Nice job boys!

Posted by: 912anita | February 8, 2011 6:55 PM | Report abuse

WE DON'T HATE THE PRESIDENT. WE DON'T HATE BILL, OR ROGER AILES. WE JUST HATE YOU JAKRDY, JUST YOU AND YOU ALONE.

Posted by: 912anita | February 8, 2011 6:47 PM | Report abuse

"Mister Obama?"

Bill-O doesn't mean to demean the President? Of course not!

Posted by: misterwheelz | February 8, 2011 5:25 PM | Report abuse

the "people" who are criticizing Obama in these posts aren't capable of honesty, objectivity in anything that concerns a man they WANT adn NEED to hate. They didn't like his dog, his face his education, his wife, his children- so, really their opinion lacks any value other than to identify and confirm them as unfair, unjust without any intention of being so- how typical of the right, nowadays.

Posted by: interactidiomas | February 8, 2011 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Of course O'Reilly had to interrupt. It was obvious from the beginning that Obama wanted to control the interview and have O'Reilly sit back and listen quietly while he pushed his political agenda. It works with the mainstream media. With regard to the "hate" comment, O'Reilly asked Bush the same question. The left didn't appear to have a problem with the question then.

Posted by: bethg1841 | February 8, 2011 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Homo Sapian Interruptus interviews the most powerful man in the world and does not get one full answer before attacking for the red meat Homo Sapian Ignoramus following. O'Reilly took Armey's talking points to heart for this segment. After losing badly to Moore in their debate O'Reilly has dropped even lower, looking the fool during this interview.

Posted by: jameschirico | February 8, 2011 3:32 AM | Report abuse

I did not vote for Obama but was raised to respect our leaders and regardless of how we believe as individuals it is disrespectful to interrupt while someone is speaking. I was embarrased to watch as the leader of our country could not finish a sentence without being interrupted. We want the youth in our country to have respect and yet the ones being shown attention such as Mr. OReilly give no respect to those who at a minimum earned it. I'm not sure I believe in alot of what Obama says or does but if I saw him today I would give him the respect he has earned and deserves as the leader of our country . Makes me wonder, Is setting a good example boring to most? Would the country watch if everyone did the right thing? Mr. OReilly , I'm sure you are paid big bucks for acting just the way you do and I have to believe that the real you wouldn't act like that.

Posted by: kellysold | February 7, 2011 11:00 PM | Report abuse

TO: Obama_TRAITOR_in_Chief who wrote:
"I would not be surprised if the entire sequence was orchestrated and designed by Obama's team…”

===

You wouldn't be surprised if your mother turned out to be your sister, either.

Difference with that is only then you'd finally be acknowledging the truth instead of a bunch of bulls--t for once in your life, at least.

Posted by: jakrdy | February 7, 2011 10:32 PM | Report abuse

I DON'T HATE THE PRESIDENT, BILL. I HATE YOU, BILL, and that SCAM-BAG ROGER AILES.

(To those who feel the same way, feel free to copy and paste.)

Posted by: jakrdy | February 7, 2011 10:27 PM | Report abuse

I DON'T HATE THE PRESIDENT, BILL. I HATE YOU BILL AND THAT SCAMBAG ROGER AILES (to those who feel the same way, feel free to copy and paste herein).

Posted by: jakrdy | February 7, 2011 10:24 PM | Report abuse

I DON'T HATE THE PRESIDENT, BILL. I HATE YOU BILL AND THAT SCAMBAG ROGER AILES.

Posted by: jakrdy | February 7, 2011 10:24 PM | Report abuse

O'REALLY did what he does best? He hyped the interview and certainly he had to pose the questions that he believed would "shock and awe" not only the audience but also the President.

As I like to say, the President caught the bullet in his teeth swiped it off and handed to O'REALLY as if to say, " you did your best, my firend. Try another day."

Actually, O'REALLY worked so hard at "shock and awe" that I believe he did a very poor job in the interview. He looked uncomfortable and befuddled.... kind of like Elmer Fudd.

Posted by: bsureofit | February 7, 2011 8:57 PM | Report abuse

O'Reilly was a phony, O'Reilly is a phony, O'Reilly will always be a phony. Every O'Reilly "show" is about O'Reilly. This "show was no exception.

Posted by: ners1507 | February 7, 2011 8:22 PM | Report abuse

What's this nonsense here WAPO so your going to claim FOX News,Bill O'Reilly did an interview with Muslim in Chief Comrade
Barack Hussein Obama,do you? ..Oh BS that
was O'Reilly and Obama rehearsing their new
comedy act is all that joke fest was here.
..But, I hear that FOX News will carry the
new Obama/O'Reilly Comedy Show next season,
and it will be called,"The Two Dueling Big
Egos Show!" and air in primetime as well...
When in Hades will the news media stop this
giving Barack Hussein Obama a Free Pass?

Posted by: carleen09 | February 7, 2011 7:52 PM | Report abuse

What I can't understand is why the left is so afraid of Fox News or O'Reilly. Fox News is the one and only conservative news and commentary outlet. CBS, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, NPR, CNN, the New York Times, Washington Post, Boston Globe and so on are all somewhere on the left. Yet, liberals can't have even ONE conservative news and commentary outlet.
I always thought that America's strength was the free exchange of ideas. I always thought that freedom of speech and freedom of the press were what made this country great. Looking back at recent history, only communist countries, dictatorships, or theocracies controlled what was presented on the airwaves. My only conclusion is that the left is fearful of other points of view and they want to do anything to suppress thoughts that are contrary to their own.

Posted by: Dodgers1 | February 7, 2011 7:38 PM | Report abuse

I bet Obama had to run and take a luffa sponge scrub down after getting anywhere near "Hardcopy" as journalism.

Posted by: 5inchtaint | February 7, 2011 7:28 PM | Report abuse

Hey nice try "ExConservative" with the name.
You drink kool-aid straight up lefty - and you always have.

Posted by: 912anita | February 7, 2011 7:25 PM | Report abuse

posted by: gfh2

"Even a liberal such as myself agreed with the very important need to cut the deficit that the tea party forgot to get up in "arms" about for eight long years."
__________________________________

In response to gfh2 - During President Bushes 2 terms Conservatives and Independants for small government hadn't figured out how to community organize, we were at home yelling at our tvs. Now we ARE organized - and very engaged in the process. We took the House in November and we'll be taking the Senate in 2012. Choosing a strong presidential team will take some thought - but we'll be taking that office back as well.

Posted by: 912anita | February 7, 2011 6:58 PM | Report abuse

TO: Obama_TRAITOR_in_Chief who wrote:
“It is obvious that the questions were pre-prepared and limited to pre-approved by the White House topics. I would not be surprised if the entire sequence was orchestrated and designed by Obama's team…”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Anybody who thinks that O’Reilly would allow pre-approved questions doesn’t know Bill O’Reilly.

Nevertheless there is no doubt in my mind that if O’Reilly were required to present pre-approved questions, Bill O’Reilly would have made sure that EVERYBODY knew it.

Posted by: lindalovejones | February 7, 2011 6:52 PM | Report abuse

obama wasn't offended about the does it bother you that people hate you question.everyone that is a celebrity has people that love and hate them.oreilly was giving the pres. a chance to let america know that he gets it and is not that bothered.some of you think b.o. should have jumped in his lap and licked his face from your comments.also, b.o. is a commentator not a journalist.some of you don't watch fox because you are narrow minded.b.o. and hannity and beck are commentators not reporters. get it?also if you think chris matthews and msnbc are not far left and nbc abc npr cbs are not way leaning left,it isn't fox news with the problem,baby.

Posted by: alamodefender | February 7, 2011 6:48 PM | Report abuse

O'Reilly was noticeably sweaty and nervous. After the interview, he probably had to calm down by rubbing himself with a falafel.

Posted by: HughBriss | February 7, 2011 6:46 PM | Report abuse

Oh please, Obama did not do that well. He stumbled and ignored the Muslim Brotherhood question. He was evasive since he did not want the world to know he is allowing a terrorist group at the transition table in Egypt and his views of this barbaric enslaving group of thugs is so shallow. And no I do not hate Obama. But I do hate his agenda, his leftist radical out of touch views, his arrogance, and his empty rhetoric. I am not viewing through a funny house mirror. It is all out there for all to see in complete disgust. He has fumbled on everything from day one. I cannot wait for 2012.

Posted by: greatgran1 | February 7, 2011 6:43 PM | Report abuse

Unbelievable, once again Obama is the 'center of attraction'. What a narcissist!
Handling FOX is nothing, he should give White House press conferences, so you could really see him fall apart. Also, after the Stupor Bowl?????????

Posted by: jeandark | February 7, 2011 6:34 PM | Report abuse

Right Wingers are furious that Obama handled Bill's childish and abrasive interview style so well.

Posted by: ExConservative | February 7, 2011 6:13 PM | Report abuse

Now it is time for Sarah Palin to do an interview with Jon Stewart.... As both Bill O'Reilly and Jon Stewart comedians...

Posted by: waxtraxs | February 7, 2011 6:12 PM | Report abuse

I would not be surprised if the entire sequence was archestrated and designed by Obama's team.

With Obama... you must watch what he does... NOT what he says. His words are meaningless as the last two years have proven.

Posted by: Obama_TRAITOR_in_Chief | February 7, 2011 6:01 PM | Report abuse

It was nice to see someone ask tough questions of Obama and soemone other than those that adore him do the interview. Bill got Obama to admist he was still a leftist, which made the whole interview. O'reilly is on top of the world right now.......while Kieth Olbermann is on some street corner ranting like a crazy man......isn't it great how the good gets rewarded and the bad gets thrown on the garbage heap....where it belongs.

Posted by: Realist201 | February 7, 2011 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Obama made O'Reilly look like a shallow idiot, or, Bill's true self.

Believe me, if anyone hates America, it's the far right corporatists trying to take everything from American workers. Why there hasn't been an uprising yet is a mystery to me.

Posted by: 2229 | February 7, 2011 5:21 PM | Report abuse
___
The corporations have duped so many Americans that if they are taxed or regulated in any way they would not be able to create or maintain ordinary citizens' jobs.

So no revolt until people realize that this is just a SMOKESCREEN........

Posted by: Grant_x | February 7, 2011 5:30 PM | Report abuse

Obama made O'Reilly look like a shallow idiot, or, Bill's true self.

Posted by: 2229 | February 7, 2011 5:21 PM | Report abuse
___

So no revolt until people realize that this is just a SMOKESCREEN........

Posted by: Grant_x | February 7, 2011 5:30 PM | Report abuse

"The communist, socialist, America-hating president didn't screw up too badly."

Obama made O'Reilly look like a shallow idiot, or, Bill's true self.

Posted by: 2229 | February 7, 2011 5:21 PM | Report abuse

The President handled this interview very well. Then again, much of the right-wing rhetoric was missing when questions were asked; I guess it's difficult to wage an all out prevaricated war when the subject of your attack is sitting across from you and has intelligence as an aide with him.

I've been saying all along that the conservative wingers should look at Obama as someone who can change his mind WHEN NECESSARY to achieve a goal. They accuse The President of being wishy-washy on the issues; NOT SO he merely has the capability of altering his paths to success when circumstances change. THAT was made very clear in the interview.

Posted by: JohnS-WRJ | February 7, 2011 5:06 PM | Report abuse

The Kenyan Community Organizer did fine, since OReilly handed him softball stuff. Looked more like a love fest than an interview. The communist, socialist, America-hating president didn't screw up too badly.

Posted by: DeanDR | February 7, 2011 5:02 PM | Report abuse

No one is afraid of Fox and certainly not Bill. Ask the tough questions of President Obama and see where it all falls out. That's the way all news organizations ought to be.

But whether you like President Obama or don't, show some respect for the office. But the Bills of the country are always using the "hate" word. The President and the rest of the country know how the tea party types feel about him, and they felt that way about him before he even took office. That personal kind of hatred doesn't advance your cause.

Even a liberal such as myself agreed with the very important need to cut the deficit that the tea party forgot to get up in "arms" about for eight long years. And cutting programs across the board PLUS letting tax breaks cease would do just that.

Sorry the President caved on the taxes, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the House is going to reduce the deficit and that includes the military, create jobs, etc. while the money coming in will decrease.

I think we should do what President Regan did back in '82 or so, I think, when he RAISED taxes across the board and big-time raises, too. That helped us.

Posted by: gfh2 | February 7, 2011 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Sun goes up, sun goes down. Tides come in, tides go out.

No miscommunication there.

Posted by: Grant_x | February 7, 2011 4:56 PM | Report abuse

"Sun goes up, Sun goes down, Tides come in, tides go out...no miscommunication there."

Posted by: Grant_x | February 7, 2011 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Dodgers1 | February 7, 2011 4:42 PM | Report abuse

I always thought that America's strength was the free exchange of ideas. I always thought that freedom of speech and freedom of the press were what made this country great. Looking back in recent history, only communist countries, dictatorships, or theocracies controlled what was presented on the airwaves. My only conclusion is that the left is fearful of other points of view and they want to do anything to suppress thoughts that are contrary to their own.

Posted by: Dodgers1 | February 7, 2011 4:41 PM | Report abuse

hey abqcleve - I can't stop laughing. A troll?
You guys are so easy to annoy.

Posted by: 912anita | February 7, 2011 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Wasn't as bad an interview as I thought it might be. The President was his usual calm, collected self; and even though Bill interrupted several times, which is his norm, for most anyone, I found it most amusing that he would say how much he disagreed with President Obama. I mean, of course, he can and does, but a real journalist would never have said that.

Also, never heard anyone in the so-called liberal media - by the tea party types anyway - say anything about anyone hating President Bush directly to President Bush. I didn't like things President Bush/Cheney did, but never hated the guy.

So, typical Fox-type interview - no class and hate-filled. Just Bill playing to the hate of the tea party types, I guess.

Bill is smarter than that, and those two things he asked/said, I believe, were beneath him.

Posted by: gfh2 | February 7, 2011 4:34 PM | Report abuse

I think it is sad that O'Reilly was able to manipulate air time, just to fuel his audience. Not long ago, then Presidential Candidate Obama would refuse to do interviews with anyone from Fox News. I understand the POTUS allowed this becuase of one reason: we the people. Americans represent a wide range of intelligence; and the followers of O'Reilly (unfortunately) value historical biases over proper democracy and political views. Why else would O'Rielly ask such slanted questions, looking for a debate?
Fortunately, the POTUS is presidential in character. I'm sure this comes from years of experience as the head of Harvard Law Review and other lead positions. I am hoping that the majority of viewers knew this interview to be a bunch of energy, signifying nothing. Pointless except to tolerate even the remote and vile point of view. I bet O'Rielly left thinking he accomplished something. Which is a sad indication of where our country is heading.

Posted by: ReadON88 | February 7, 2011 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Here - I'll post it again. Now which one of you leftists wants to freak out and comment.
___________________________________________

I thought the interview was good - Bill and the big boss talkin no spin. Fun to listen to.
As for the idiotic comments I am reading now - don't you leftists ever stop whining about Fox and people who have different opinions than yours? Your constant intolerance is getting really old and Americans are finally turned off by the crap you keep on spewing out.

Posted by: 912anita | February 7, 2011 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Wow! The attacks dogs of the left are out in force! Too bad you had to watch Fox to see the Super Bowl. I know now that, that really galled your a**es! :-D : -D :-D

Posted by: roncee | February 7, 2011 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: roncee | February 7, 2011 4:24 PM | Report abuse

...
Posted by: 912anita | February 7, 2011 4:18 PM
****************************

Get lost, troll.

Folks are doing fine pointing out the hideous national embarrassment that is Bill O'Reilly. From his obvious nervousness and perspiration, I guarantee you he had several long drinks afterwards, while he screamed f-bombs at his staff.

Posted by: abqcleve | February 7, 2011 4:24 PM | Report abuse

___________________________________________

Posted by: 912anita | February 7, 2011 4:18 PM | Report abuse

It's not that the President is a "left wing guy" as O'Reilly perceives him. The problem is that O'Reilly is so far off the sanity map way out in right field that his perception is completely skewed. If you agree with Bill O'Reilly, you have deep problems and are just as sick as he is. O'Reilly is a fear and shame based freak who actually believes literally in a bronze age religion. This is not a nice, sane person. This is a freak that is able to draw other freaks to watch Faux News. Ronald Reagan would look like a left wing liberal next to O'Reilly the clown.

Posted by: vintel7 | February 7, 2011 4:16 PM | Report abuse

The President showed his class. O'Reilly showed crass. Frankly, I don't want the President having a pointless debate with this idiot about whether people hate him. How childish. That's what Fox News, it's no-nothing, petty, pathetic mouthpieces, and viewers are. Stop watching the boob tube and read!

Posted by: Misty630 | February 7, 2011 4:13 PM | Report abuse

O'Reilly: ""He knows a lot of bad things about us, so I'm just worried that he might go off the reservation."
**************************

That was the statement that had me screaming at my TV. How Obama kept his cool--displaying only his trademark smile that always indicates extreme irritation, I think--is beyond me.

Mr. O'Reilly, under whose watch and at whose instigation have we engaged in "bad things" with Egypt? How is it possible that any American can ask that with a straight face, hiding the fact that we're talking about illegal and deeply shameful national "secrets"?

How can you fail to acknowledge, O'Reilly, that it is exactly these "bad things" that fuel terrorists' hate?

What the hell is this nation doing under GOP leadership?

Posted by: abqcleve | February 7, 2011 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Whe O'Rielly asked if it disturbed the President because so many hate him. Obama should've said, "I don't know. Does it disturb you?"

Posted by: Rounds77 | February 7, 2011 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Regarding the interview, I found the questions to be among the first non-softballs lobbed at the president. Challenging journalism without personal attacks. The President is in denial over the failure of his healthcare bill, which was rammed through Congress, never read or written by elected officials. The President exudes smug elitism and avoids real answers when questioned on his plan to redistribute wealth. Mr BO continues to speak as if he is a supreme being and is dismissive of anyone who doesnt agree with him. Most dismaying is the comment section with personal attacks by liberal contributors whose vile personal attacks supersede any constructive value. Thank you

Posted by: ramaerkelu | February 7, 2011 4:12 PM | Report abuse

I used to consider myself fairly conservative but the right wing of the GOP has taken on a manic style that is rude, and disrespectful, and quite frankly has contributed to the dumbing down of politics because many people of talent refuse to enter that arena. I will freely concede to you folks over on the right that you make some very good arguments on a lot of issues. But if you are so far gone that you cannot see that Bill O'Reilly is rude and uncivil, you have little hope to engage a lot of us in the exchange of ideas that would allow us to arrive at workable solutions to many issues that trouble us.

Posted by: roninkokomo | February 7, 2011 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Fox News states it is a news organization. Yet at the end of the interview, O'Reilly tells the President that he mostly disagrees with his views. Have you ever heard of anyone from the "lamestream media", such as the major networks or PBS, finish what is supposed to be a legitimate, newsworthy, interview with a personal opinion such as that? Perhaps this is because they chose a pundit to do the interview rather than an actual journalist. Was not worthy of the President's time.

Posted by: amla | February 7, 2011 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Well jKO2010 - you just proved my point. You are intolerate and filled with hateful rhetoric. And yes, Americans are really getting turned off by it. Just keep on exposing yourselves.

Posted by: 912anita | February 7, 2011 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Although I'm an independent and dislike partisan politics, my visceral repulsion for "Bill O", the evil Fox bully, cannot be overstated. "Hate" is too kind a word to use for my feelings of this slimeball. I'm a 62 year old retired real estate developer in Colorado, no spring chicken here. For the life of me I simply cannot understand what motivates so many apparently "intelligent" people to actually listen to this charlatan. His performance in that interview was dispicable, infuriating and mendacious. Of course it is all by desig- his MO designed to inflame his mob fan club. His FOLLOWERS are like moths to a flame - sick and sad for the state of our country. He is nothing more than a bomb throwing terrorist faux "journalist" without an ounce of integrity.

Posted by: truthseeker13 | February 7, 2011 3:59 PM | Report abuse

O'Reilly is a pos and 2 steps behind a common slug in his evolutionary standing. The POTUS should have never granted this idiot an interview. He and Fox make money manipulating angry low IQ people with falsehood and lies that cause them to feel even more victimized and angry. O'Reilly is a real POS and it is amazing that no one has gotten rid of him yet. The world would be a much better place without O'Reilly, Murdoch, and the whole Faux News gang of moron thugs.

Posted by: vintel7 | February 7, 2011 3:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 912anita | February 7, 2011 3:58 PM | Report abuse

The liberial winers on this message board prefer the lapdog networks and its great to see them get into a frenzy.

Posted by: rgodzala1 | February 7, 2011 3:51 PM | Report abuse

I'm independent but have a visceral repulsion for "Bill O", the evil bully of Fox. As a retired real estate developer in Colorado, it astonishes me that people actually listen to this charlatan. His performance in that interview was dispicable, infuriating and mendacious - which is his MO designed to inflame his mob fan club. He is nothing more than a bomb throwing terrorist faux "journalist" without an once of integrity.

Posted by: truthseeker13 | February 7, 2011 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Why did Obama give a bozo like O'Reilly prime time exposure. Him & Fox News stink & should be treated accordingly. They act more like terrorists than Americans.

Posted by: wasaUFO | February 7, 2011 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: truthseeker13 | February 7, 2011 3:49 PM | Report abuse

ROGER AILES IS A REAL LIFE VERSION OF CARTMAN. THE STATION IS A PATHETIC JOKE AND THE VIEWERS ARE EVEN MORE PATHETIC BECUASE THEY AREN'T EVEN GET PAID TO REPEAT THE NONSENSE THEY ARE SPEWING OUT.

Posted by: jKO2010 | February 7, 2011 3:47 PM | Report abuse

I AM UNDERWHELMED ABOUT THE GREAT NEWS THAT OBAMA WAS INTERVIEWED BEFORE A FOOTBALL GAME. NOW ALL IS WELL WITH THE WORLD. WHAT GAME ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT AND WHO GIVES A HOOT IN H**L ANYWAY

Posted by: LOONYBIN2000 | February 7, 2011 3:45 PM | Report abuse

You'll recall that Shrub wouldn't appear on The Daily Show or The Colbert Report. Ever.

Once again Obama shows more class.

Posted by: jpk1 | February 7, 2011 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Mr. O'Reilly is too aggressive in his approach to other people. He may have some insights but they are lost by his rude behavior. The constant interruptions spoil the interview. Mr. Obama was a good sport and gracious to a poor host. I wish Mr. O would take a good look at himself and how he deals with people he might see how he needs to improve.

Posted by: blimoli | February 7, 2011 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Your constant intolerance is getting really old and Americans are finally turned off by the crap you keep on spewing out...."
=====

Sure, buddy. And the first black president is a racist, and a holocaust survivor is a nazi sympathizer. And the Republicans never insisted on a mandate for healthcare insurance; and let's see what else. Jack Abramoff and Tom DeLay are heroes; oh yeh, and Roger Ailes ISN'T a sc&mbag. BUt of course.

Posted by: jKO2010 | February 7, 2011 3:40 PM | Report abuse

====

No. And anyone who thinks Roger Ailes can be president of a legitimate news station is a sandwich short of a picnic.

In other words, your claim that telling the truth about this station is "whining" and believing that crap you sit in front of your idiot box soaking in that crap is somewhat lacking in the brains department - and that's being generous.

Posted by: jKO2010 | February 7, 2011 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Clarification: MY LAST COMMENT SHOULD BE CORRECTED TO READ AS FOLLOWS: "....how little respect the president of Fox "News" Roger Ailes has for them and this country.

Posted by: jKO2010 | February 7, 2011 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 912anita | February 7, 2011 3:25 PM | Report abuse

truth34 wrote: "yeah it's only "coolness"

===

You know what I noticed about O'Reilly during this interview? He was sweating like a pig. That's typical of what bullying liars do when their in the presence of someone who is superior to them in intelligence, integrity, and respect.

O'Reilly TRIED to live by the memo from upstairs by interrupting the president whenever he talked with inane, specious comments about what people think.

You know what I think? I think O'Reilly and all of his coworkers should go stand on a street corner somewhere with their barking mad nonsense or go join a carnival and stop wasting our time with their deliberate misinformation campaign. They are a bunch of sc&mbag pathetic losers.

And to Fox "News" viewers - at least they get paid for doing what they do. What do you get for repeating them, dittoheads - a sense of fraudulant patriotism? Congrats, suckers.

You are no more than a herd of cattle to them.

The president should stop extending olive branches to these sick, venal bullies. In two years, all of the John Birch Society lunatics in the Republican party are going to be run out on a rail - everyone knows, including them, that the Federal Election is when all of the people who vote, vote.

Hopefully fake Fox "News" days will be numbered too when their dupes find out how little respect the president actually has for them and for this country.

Posted by: jKO2010 | February 7, 2011 3:23 PM | Report abuse

"(Mubarak) knows a lot of bad things about us," O'Reilly said. "So I'm just worried that he might go off the reservation. "

Is Bill O'Reilly saying there are a lot of bad things to know about the United States when it comes to the Middle East?
And that Mubarak might betray us with this knowledge somehow?
Hmmmm, wonder what those things could be...Bill, care to elaborate, and tell your viewers about the "bad things" America has been involved in?

Posted by: cjbass55 | February 7, 2011 3:11 PM | Report abuse

How sad that the worst part of the job is that he's in a bubble.
Perhaps having to send young men and women into war, or writing a letter telling a parent their child has been killed by an insurgent.
The only bubble this guy should be concerned with is the one between those two enormous ears of his.

Posted by: allenswan1 | February 7, 2011 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Bill O'Reilly kept interrupting! What a complete A_ _ ! Bill fell a hair's breadth short of interjecting with "Shut Up!" What a complete fool.

The president - no matter which president - should never lend any credence to this station. The people who work for Fox "News" are completely corrupt.

Rent "Boogie Man: The Lee Atwater Story" and bear this in mind -- the reason Mr. Atwater could claim that the RNC did not make the Horton commercial was this. Roger Ailes made it.

Now Roger Ailes is president of this fake "news" station. It's sc&mbag politics. The President should have completely ignored Fox's requests for his audience.

They don't deserve an audience, from anyone.

Posted by: jKO2010 | February 7, 2011 2:48 PM | Report abuse

""Does it disturb you that so many people hate you?" O'Reilly said"

I think it should be more disturbing that so many people hate Obama because of the lies that O'Reilly, Beck, Palin, et al tell. What does it say about people who claim to be good moral people but who know that they are telling untruths, just to get people angry? It's one thing to hate because of real reasons, it's another to hate because you are told to.

Posted by: amccormick | February 7, 2011 2:46 PM | Report abuse

On recent trip to Egypt Mubarak was personally praised by the President to no end by same coolness that a little while later he's told to get lost and make way for opposition which is Muslim Brotherhood no doubt. You remember blind Sheikh from Muslim Brotherhood in jail for blowing up World Trade Center, not to mention too the second in command of Al Queda.

Lebanon's ruled by Iran proxy Hizbollah putsch and cooly accepted.

Syria that harbors terrorists is sent cooly a U.S. ambassador the other day.

Yeah it's only "coolness" that makes a difference, huh?

Posted by: truth34 | February 7, 2011 2:45 PM | Report abuse

pcow

So exciting Interview. Many many thanks to O'Reilly. I like this news article body. Also some sites was coming to interview. Such as Climate chance, South & North Korea and Atomic Action, mostly Iran.

Go to the link and see exclusive video footage.

Posted by: webcontent2011 | February 7, 2011 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Lebanon's ruled by Iran proxy Hizbollah putsch and cooly accepted.

Syria that harbors terrorists is sent cooly a U.S. ambassador the other day.

Yeah it's only "coolness" that makes a difference, huh?

Posted by: truth34 | February 7, 2011 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Lebanon's ruled by Hizbollah putsch and cooly accepted.

Syria that harbors terrorists is sent cooly a U.S. ambassador the other day.

Yeah it's only "coolness" that makes a difference, huh?

Posted by: truth34 | February 7, 2011 2:43 PM | Report abuse

I think that both Obama and Clinton handle Fox News Pundits masterfully. Recall how Clinton wiped the smug smile off of Chris Wallace's face? Priceless.

Posted by: concernedaboutdc | February 7, 2011 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Fair? They listen to their own voices and think they are the only people talking. Bill O'Reilly is arrogant to the point of annoyance.

Posted by: lalathing | February 7, 2011 2:21 PM | Report abuse

When asked about those who'hate' President Obama I wonder whether O'Reilly knows how many HATE him? and does it truly matter? Hate is a strong word, but applies aptly to O'Reilly/Beck/Palin/Hannity/Murdoch et. al. O'Reilly has a truly significantly bad interview rapport with his 'guests' - he tries to have people to notice ONLY him (except during his 'sex offender' days).

Posted by: rbsher | February 7, 2011 2:09 PM | Report abuse

If President Obama truly...truly, wants the economy of this nation to out perform and out grow the economies of other nations in the world, he will support and push for the passage of the FAIR TAX ACT. With the FAIR TAX in place, this country will be the recipient of TRILLIONS of investment dollars from around the world, because we will be the best and foremost tax haven in the world and we will be the beneficiary of most of the investment dollars in the world. Enormous numbers of jobs will be produced, as well as corporations moving their plants and operations INTO the United States instead of away from these shores. WAKE UP Mr. President!! Your legacy would be assured.

Posted by: Larryw21 | February 7, 2011 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rbsher | February 7, 2011 2:08 PM | Report abuse

"Whoever interview Hussein Obama and whatever he says dose not affect America or World. His childish fool idealism can't lead to this nation with a high profile." Posted by: BellaLiberty

===

Oh, Bill, you just can't get good help nowadays, can you. You need to sit down with your maid for a couple of seconds and try to teach her to either grasp rudimentary english. After all even slave-holders did that back in those days you and your viewers have such nostalgia for, Bill.

Posted by: jKO2010 | February 7, 2011 2:06 PM | Report abuse

i thought the veiled irony of Obama's "funhouse mirror" analogy was right on, and funny since he was talking to one of the painted clowns from truth-distortion circus they run over there at fox news.

Posted by: silverfish1 | February 7, 2011 1:58 PM | Report abuse

I was the smallest kid in class until about the fourth grade, & I encountered several varieties of bullies. I've always found it difficult to watch Bill-O because he so perfectly epitomizes those childish bullies all grown up.

I noticed in his interview with Obama that he tried his bullying tactics several times, but the Prez rode up and over them as slick as any warship breasting the waves. Bill-O, as always, was playing to the grandstand, angling for some embarrassing or damaging sound bite. Our President outclassed him every step of the way. Class, of course is something Bill-O lacks, so he probably never noticed.

Posted by: olroy | February 7, 2011 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: silverfish1 | February 7, 2011 1:34 PM | Report abuse

RogerRamjet2 you are as funny as you look.

Posted by: Hazmat77 | February 7, 2011 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Hazmat: Go get your Hannity Insanity Thorazine and come back. We welcome you, love you, and wish nothing but happiness and joy. Or go see Rush's maid for a hit.

Posted by: RogerRamjet2 | February 7, 2011 1:14 PM | Report abuse

You clowns on the left posting here are so full of yourselves. It's enough already with the stupid and quite silly antiFOXNEWS nonsense.

O'Reilly, in all his smugness, asked Obama questions that made it easy for the president to respond.

Oh yes, he has definitely said, on several occasions in the past 3 years that he favored redistribution of wealth. Just look at his favoritism of the Unions versus the GM bondholders in GM's bankruptcy - it was a clear example of his redistributive philosophy. And then of course his recorded comments to Joe the Plumber during the Election2008 campaign

The only thing Barry hasn't done yet is to give away his own millions earned from his books! I wonder why?

Posted by: Hazmat77 | February 7, 2011 1:06 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad Obama did the interview. Bill O'Reilly is always a jerk when he interviews people, and even though he toned it down a bit, he still looked like he was being a jerk to the leader of the free world. "News" indeed.

Posted by: joshlct | February 7, 2011 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: olroy | February 7, 2011 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Good move for Obama in agreeing to this interview. O'Reilly came across as a smug, self-important jerk, which is only because he's a smug, self-important jerk. It certainly gave a wide swath of America a good look at the "fair and balanced" cesspool of Fox News.

That said, I hate this recent tendency of politicizing major sporting events. I'm all for the president -- whoever he is -- throwing out the first pitch at baseball games, tossing the coin for football, having championship teams to the White House. It's part of the ceremonial aspect of the job.

But these silly interviews that started up a few years ago are just plain -- um -- silly. If you're not going to talk exclusively about the game, there's no need to be on the pregame show.

Posted by: js_edit | February 7, 2011 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BellaLiberty | February 7, 2011 12:23 PM | Report abuse "

Uh oh, Red State is hiring illegals.

Posted by: ExConservative | February 7, 2011 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Bill who?

Posted by: jckdoors | February 7, 2011 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BellaLiberty | February 7, 2011 12:23 PM | Report abuse

O'Reilly seemed more interested in tossing out his opinion and of caricaturing Obama for the benefit of his FOX audience than he was of honestly finding out what the president really thought.

But Obama was able to get his message out despite the interviewer's rudeness and over-weening self-regard. Obama also was able to let Americans make a judgment over the bullying tactics and unfairness and unbalance of FOX.

So I am pleased that Obama is willing to engage anyone, no matter how horrible they are.

Bush and Cheney would never go MSNBC to engage opponents.

Posted by: Anadromous2 | February 7, 2011 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Obama agreed to the inteview, after a FoxNews black-out for the past two years, only because independents are jumping the Obama ship in droves...he's trying to appeal to the independents again - after ignoring them for 2 years. What does that say about Barry? He's a lying coniving politician...what's new about that?

Posted by: NO-bama | February 7, 2011 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Pussyfoot O'reilly didn't ask enough questions about the REAL issues - fiscal policy, debt ceiling, budgets, immigration,...This interview was a joke. Shame on Bill O'Reilly. He just lost a viewer.

Posted by: NO-bama | February 7, 2011 12:15 PM | Report abuse

The last time I observed O'Reilly and his program was when he "berated and demeaned" the 14 year old son of one of the heros of flight 93. Using the memory of the boy's dead father as a weapon.

The boy's sin was to have an "opinion" about the Bush administration's invasion of Iraq and how it was attacking people who had nothing to do with 9/11, that Al Qaeda should be our adversary.

The fact that O'Reilly was known to be one who would subject women to abuse was well known at the time..... his being the type to abuse a child who had just lost his father to a battle against Al Qaeda was disgusting and deplorable... I have not and will never watch O'Reilly do anything again!

Posted by: motiv8ed | February 7, 2011 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: motiv8ed | February 7, 2011 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: motiv8ed | February 7, 2011 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: motiv8ed | February 7, 2011 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: motiv8ed | February 7, 2011 12:09 PM | Report abuse

It make me almost want to throw up "watching Orelly interveiw Obama. How can Orelly lower hisself to even interview this looser. Look at Obama, this guy is on drugs. Watch his eyes. You can see he is lieing every time he open his ugly black mouth. Notice how he sneers at Orelly you can see how much better he think he is - Posted by: ToddPollard"

"This so-called FOX News TV Interview of
Comrade Barack Hussein Obama by Bill O'Reilly was more typical softball questions and a battle of two massive EGOs
of Barack Hussein Obama & Bill O'Reilly and it only proves that both of them need to just retire and never be seen or heard from again. - Posted by: Ralphinphnx"

_______________________________________

These type of comments give me a very clear idea of the general demographic of the Fox News viewer!

The only thing I was able to take away from this so called interview was - THANK GOD WE FINALLY HAVE AN INTELLIGENT ADULT IN THE WHITE HOUSE!

Posted by: tw328 | February 7, 2011 12:00 PM | Report abuse

After reading through all of these comments, it strikes me that the Obama-haters can't seem to use proper english, nor can they write with any recognition of punctuation, spelling or even thought process. So, yes, our educational system has failed the right-wing bunch. (Or they're just too dense to educate.)

Another thing that strikes me is the sheer hatefulness and immaturity. Thank you to all the intelligent folks out there who actually do follow the history and the news with an open mind. I'm a proud liberal (one of the definitions of "liberal" is "open-mind") and proud of my President. He made Bill O'Reilly look like even more of a clown than he already looked.

Sorry you haters are going to have to keep spewing your "Chicken Little-the sky is falling!" for the next six years, while our country continues to climb out of the abyss left by your "wonderful" GOP.

Go, President Obama!

Posted by: grovelawoffice | February 7, 2011 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Obama is a smart man, as evidenced in this interview.

Agreeing to the interview on Super Bowl Sunday with O'Reilly was brilliant. His mission was to be reasonable and personable and to show that to tens of millions of people - the independent voters who ultimately will reject the racist, angry white male thing.

And it was an opportunity to allow O'Reilly to be rude, and every time that happened Obama overcame it and looked like the better man. On several occasions O'Reilly, thinking he was in control, cut off the president's response to a question with a snarky "yeah, I know that's what you think" while looking down and charging ahead to his next "tough" question.

But in the last third of the interview, Obama very skillfully turned O'Reilly around and took control of the discussion. Masterful performance.

Interesting comments below: I didn't know that Fox's second biggest shareholder is a Muslim prince. I wonder how the mob will deal with that, but probably they'll just ignore it because their real problem with Obama is purely racial.

Last comment. Healthcare reform was supported by the AMA and AARP. Hardly socialists. And now that the Republicans have the House, they have to propose their own version of healthcare reform, or they will be seen as ineffective and not able to lead or govern. Obama is smart to keep saying that he's open to their ideas - because people like that - knowing that the House R's have no ideas and won't do a thing. The same will be true in deficit reduction. He's put a lasso around them, and the poor boys don't even see it yet.

Posted by: aclearview | February 7, 2011 11:35 AM | Report abuse

I like tough interviews and I believe that Bill O'Reilly's style is what should have, and likely was, expected.

Barrack did not run away from any of his questions and answered them in an honest direct manner.

It was enlightening, though not suprising, that the president feels that he cannot have random conversations while holding this position, even among his closest friends. I imagine all presidents faced this struggle.

He addressed the haters, at the behest of Bill O'Reilly. He really doesn't think about them or what they say at all. They don't know him inasmuch as most didn't KNOW Ronald Reagan.

I don't think this interview was as entertaining as the one when former president Bill Clinton had his way with Chris Wallace. Barrack always comes off as genuine and personable.

I'll be voting for him again in 2012. Unless the waters part and the GOP comes from the extreme to the main-stream.

Posted by: concernedaboutdc | February 7, 2011 11:30 AM | Report abuse

fox has such a woody over the "Muslim Brotherhood" because they are either ignorant --- or they are counting on their audience being ignorant. The "Brotherhood" is not a particularly powerful group in Egypt. And in terms of what they want - they are not particularly different than the christian right in the US.

Posted by: John1263 | February 7, 2011 11:29 AM | Report abuse

But Concerned14, how do you know November 2012 will get here? How did it get there? How do we know? How do we know? Who put November on the calendar?

These are provoking questions that O'Reilly enjoins us to contemplate.

Posted by: hitpoints | February 7, 2011 11:14 AM | Report abuse

If i'm Pres.Obama i don't even give that jackazz(O'Reilly)the time of day much less an interview, O'Reilly was disrespectfull and as usual uninformed, again Pres.Obama is too nice to these right wing nut jobs and tea party racist he needs The First Lady to set their dumb azz's straight.

Posted by: dargregmag | February 7, 2011 11:07 AM | Report abuse

I watched the interview. And, as civil as Mr. O'Rielly tried to be with the President, he was not. Mr. O'Rielly was the same nasty O'Rielly only toned down a notch or two. The tie item was ridiculous, somehow, wearing a tie is supposed to make one appear intelligent and respectful? Even lawyers, plumbers, Bernie Madoff can wear ties.....even off color ties like Mr. O'Rielly was wearing. You might say Mr. O'Rielly's choice of tie color was disrespectful, considering the setting. Mr. O'Rielly is a fossil of the past in todays world where few wear ties, except right wing Republicans and honest [?] bankers! The hate question Mr. O'Rielly posed to the President was uncalled for. For me, it exhibited the hate Mr. O'Riely has for the President and only kicked up hate in America another notch, which via Mr. O'Rielly's comment, encourages the fringe nuts to take the hate step one step further. One thing is for sure concerning the interview is this: One is able to see through the O'Rielly hate campaign, why, because President Barak Obama is super intelligent and cool and is able to disarm nuts like Mr. O'Rielly, a wearer of ties, via a civil debate based on facts and not Fox fiction. What Mr. O'Rielly really hates is that a person of color is President of the United States. President Barak Obama, in my opinion, rates five stars in this debate.

Posted by: Rlupodimare | February 7, 2011 11:06 AM | Report abuse

I didn't watch it. I was too busy thinking about how there's no miscommunication between the moon and the tide. How do you explain that?

Posted by: motogp46 | February 7, 2011 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Obama made O'Reilly look like an idiot. But he doesn't need any help from the WH to do that.

Posted by: fishellb | February 7, 2011 10:50 AM | Report abuse

I hope we all realize the Number 2 shareholder of Fox, behind Murdoch, is a Saudi Prince, a Muslim.
How come we NEVER get that disclosure from Faux?
Because they do not want you to know the truth.
Fox' target audience is the middle age white male who is jobless with an enlarged prostate and looking for someone to blame for their personal situation, hence the "angry tone" across all of Fox News programs.

Posted by: spinebob1 | February 7, 2011 10:50 AM | Report abuse

The headline - two hyperinflated gasbagss go at it! And we're supposed to somehow care?

Posted by: mibrooks27 | February 7, 2011 10:47 AM | Report abuse

This so-called FOX News TV Interview of
of Barack Hussein Obama & Bill O'Reilly and
again. It was apparently so bad that FOX
News have their Robot Censor DISQUS deleting comments at the speed of light,
and I know as it did mine in three times,
so thank you Washington Post for letting
people make their own comments without the
kind of phony censorship DISQUS does at the
once great FOX NEWS as well. The O'Reilly
Interview only re-inforces what a total
arrogant,narcisstical,self centered,ignorant,incompetent,pathetic fool
Barack Hussein Obama & His Massive EGO are
for all the world to see,out in the open.
Please vote Obama out in 2012!

Posted by: Ralphinphnx | February 7, 2011 10:46 AM | Report abuse

I thought Billo was extremely disrespectful when you do an interview you wait for the person to answer your questions or why bother asking them. Billo's surprise that the Pres. understands and would actually watch the Super Bowl makes me believe that Billo is a birther, that he believes non-Americans don't understand or watch football. Obviously Billo isn't an athlete because if he was he would realized that athletes are not only fans of the sport they play but also love other sports as well. And for all of you that keep writing that Fox News gets more people to watch their shows is because it comes with the basic cable package unlike MSNBC not because they are "fair and balanced". I thought the Pres. did a great job keeping his cool I would have decked Billo. And for Sarah Palin fans the Pres. was able speak in complete sentances on a whole range of topics with a person from the right wing media without a teleprompter. Gee Sarah can only twitter and refuses to talk to anyother media other than those associated with the right wing and when she is asked a question by CBN her answers on Egypt were plain gibberish.

Posted by: poodlemom | February 7, 2011 10:44 AM | Report abuse

This so-called FOX News TV Interview of
of Barack Hussein Obama & Bill O'Reilly and
again. It was apparently so bad that FOX
News have their Robot Censor DISQUS deleting comments at the speed of light,
and I know as it did mine in three times,
so thank you Washington Post for letting
people make their own comments without the
kind of phony censorship DISQUS does at the
once great FOX NEWS as well. The O'Reilly
Interview only re-inforces what a total
arrogant,narcisstical,self centered,ignorant,incompetent,pathetic fool
Barack Hussein Obama & His Massive EGO are
for all the world to see,out in the open.
Please vote Obama out in 2012!

Posted by: Ralphinphnx | February 7, 2011 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ExConservative

---------------------------

O'Reilly asked a fair question, and Obama provided a pretty good answer.

Why are your panties all in a bunch?

Posted by: Benson | February 7, 2011 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Wow.

Am I the only person who thought that was a pretty good interview?

I thought O'Reilly was reasonably respectful, though he did interrupt a few times (like he always does).

I also thought Obama's answers were thoughtful and intelligent.

Did they break new ground? Of course not. The only new ground they broke was Obama being willing to speak on the Fox News Channel.

Unless you had a particular axe to grind, it was a pretty good, if not groundbreaking, interview.

If Obama had addressed health care costs in addition to providing health care for those who don't have it, he would have won me over.

Posted by: Benson | February 7, 2011 10:32 AM | Report abuse

This interview will be viewed millions of times during President Obama's remaining six years in officde.

Posted by: Observer691 | February 7, 2011 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Can any of the people who disagree with Obama spell? The comment window has spell check, for heaven's sake. Is the inability to spell words correctly a prerequisite for membership in the tea party? Are the anti-Obama people as ignorant as they appear here?

Posted by: mcrscpmn | February 7, 2011 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Bill O'Reilly = child

President Obama = adult

The audacity of asking a sitting US President, "Does it disturb you that so many people hate you?" is unbelievable. Does O'Reilly work for the Taliban (well, in many ways Fox *is* like the Taliban, so I guess I just answered by own question)

Posted by: ExConservative | February 7, 2011 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Unlike HITPOINTS, I did not go outside to look at the moon to try to figure out how it got there!

But I and everyone else should have.

Once again, Obama displayed just what he is:

An arrogant, elitist, pathological narcissistic, out of touch, lying, deceitful, dangerous Marxist/Socialist Taqiyya(google it)!

"He's not a man of the left!"! REALLY!

"He's not for redistributing wealth!" REALLY!

"He's not for rehashing two years of Obamacare issues!" REALLY!

Obamacare was rammed down our throats by bribery(La.Purchase,Cornhusker deal,etc.), blackmail(threatening to close bases,etc) and intimidation at a time when 85% were satisfied with their insurance plans and 75% were against Obamacare and very few had read the bill and noone had the opportunity to analyze or debate it.

"Inability to go out in public is the most difficult part of his job!" REALLY!

How about those 3am calls, worrying about having to have your finger on the nuclear button,
sending 1000's of troops into battle & notifying their familes they have given their lives for our country, visiting our military hospitals & seeing the maimed, reading 1000's of letters from people in dire straits because they are jobless and he has not solved the jobs problem or any other problem?

What a revolting, pathetic excuse of a leader he is!

All he thinks about is himself!

Small wonder that Americans are revolting against his agenda & policies under the Tea Party umbrella!

C'mon November 2012 OR IMPEACHMENT!

Posted by: Concerned14 | February 7, 2011 10:07 AM | Report abuse

I couldn't watch it, I was outside looking at the moon and trying to figure out how it got there.

Posted by: hitpoints | February 7, 2011 9:39 AM | Report abuse

The "mighty" B.O. looked like a sophomore interviewing the superintendent. His interview had no rhythm or flow and he was nervous and "twitchy". He knew he couldn't bully President Obama and he is not comfortable without doing that on his show. Billo found out that it is easy to stand on the sidelines and throw bombs but difficult when you go face to face.

Posted by: pgmichigan | February 7, 2011 9:35 AM | Report abuse

@geo: Your stats only prove that stupidity is alive and well in america. If 1+million actually watch these pundits on fox than there is clear evidence that our education system of the past has failed us. I hope we can improve because if pundits are a source of information, than the Nazis were right, propaganda can achieve almost anything, scary times we live in. Thanks for the heads up..

Posted by: Realistic5 | February 7, 2011 9:25 AM | Report abuse

As we see around 2:30, O'Reilly refuses to move beyond his assumptions that:

(1) the Muslim Brotherhood represents ALL of the opposition in Egypt

(2) even if there are other groups, they are not worth asking about.

Zero attempt at substantive questions, or even the appearance of fairness, balance.

Posted by: metonyme | February 7, 2011 9:15 AM | Report abuse

A second thing we owe The Packers - by beating the Bears they saved taxpayers a few million dollars in security for the POTUS.

Posted by: BluePelican | February 7, 2011 9:09 AM | Report abuse

I was hoping Obama would hand O'Reilly Carl Sagan's Cosmos to put to rest (in Bill's mind) how the moon and sun got there.

Posted by: motogp46 | February 7, 2011 9:06 AM | Report abuse

@KarenKay: Your stupidity is grandure( impressive & awesome). You even have out done Glenn Beck which I thought it was hard to do, congrats. Now you have graduated from the class of morons, here's your membership card..

Posted by: Realistic5 | February 7, 2011 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Some may question the wisdom of the White House agreeing to an interview with FOX. Actually I think it was a brilliant move. Millions will have heard the President who get their news only from FOX. And he came away from the interview looking very good - despite O'Reilly's repeated attempts to lead him down a slippery slope or to cause him to lose his temper. An interview with any other news outlet would not have exposed those who hate him to the real Obama and would have been dismissed as a feel-good session.
Well done, Mr. President!

Posted by: schumann-bonn | February 7, 2011 8:53 AM | Report abuse

You can see he is lieing every time he open his ugly black mouth.

Posted by: ToddPollard

And $hotgun $arah tells us her inbred teabagger cousins of Fred Phelps aren't racist. Has she found Cheney's "way around the law" with her own Ninth Commandment?

Posted by: areyousaying | February 7, 2011 8:40 AM | Report abuse

"I'm just worried that he might go off the reservation."

The same reservation O'Reilly's bullying Irish ancestors helped America imprison Native Americans on?

Racists reveal themselves and O'Reilly's no exception.

Posted by: areyousaying | February 7, 2011 8:36 AM | Report abuse

Who owns The Wall Street Journal? The same folks who own Fox News, Murdoch and a Muslim sheik. Why would The Wall Street Journal have any more credibility than the latter when their both propaganda organs for rabid, white, right-wing Obama haters?

Posted by: areyousaying | February 7, 2011 8:33 AM | Report abuse

I thank God that our President Barack Obama has so much class that he could sit down with a low-life snake such as Bill O'Reilly and come out still being a gentleman. I'm not sure that I could be as graceful to Bill O'Reilly who has spent the last years "inciting to violence" in which his quest to have a man killed was realized. Bill O'Reilly deserves nothing but distain.

Posted by: gilbertpb40 | February 7, 2011 8:12 AM | Report abuse

O'reilley did get Obama that he is still a leftist....that clip[ will be played again and again before the 2012 elections.

Posted by: Realist201 | February 7, 2011 7:59 AM | Report abuse

O'Reilly made a BIGGER fool of himself - rude and arrogant.
Thank you Pres. Obama!

Posted by: angie12106 | February 7, 2011 7:51 AM | Report abuse

Prez. as cool as a cucumber. O'Reilly seemed on the edge. Also took a cheap shot asking the Obama if he knew how many people hated him and constantly interrupting him. I thought O'Reilly had a more class than that. In any event, bad move Billo and Fox.

Posted by: glenn113 | February 7, 2011 6:06 AM | Report abuse

The MS criminal justice program has been a true blessing to me and assisted me with a better understanding of the fundamental basis and objectives of criminal justice systems. Search the internet "United Forensic College"

Posted by: copeburge | February 7, 2011 4:01 AM | Report abuse

It was good to see the president show vision and understanding of the issues and an unwillingness to be dragged into tired political cliches. Bill OReilly, on the other hand, reminded me of a terrier yapping at the president's heels trying to get him to say something that would be fodder for his politically skewed "journalism." It was evident that ratings were of much more concern to him than anything of substance.

Posted by: BillW1776 | February 7, 2011 2:20 AM | Report abuse

However,on the other hand tonight,it sure looked more like der glorius leader from
Kenya,who once said,"I stand with the Muslims" himself,Barack Hussein Obama duped
Bill O'Reilly real real good. And so,has anyone else wondered about Obama's sudden
support of the extremist Muslim Brotherhood
seems extremely fishy here? So,could it be
that Barack Hussein Obama is actually more
then just a supporter of it now then?....

Furthermore,I suspect that while Sec of State Hillary Clinton has repeatedly showed
how clueless,and totally incompetent she is
as to dealing with this Crisis in Egypt,
that still doesn't seem to hold true for
Obama now then and so I still say there is
something very fishy about Barack Obama's
own role in handling the situation and I
frankly wonder if Obama is either a member
of this Muslim Brotherhood or Al_Qeada himself as Obama sure as heck does not have
US interests at heart and sure hates the US
as well. So there think about this one too.

Posted by: KarenKay2009 | February 7, 2011 1:25 AM | Report abuse

That a convicted sex offender such as Bill O'Reilly behaves like a rude, racist, ignorant bully is no surprise. Rupert Murdoch pays O'Reilly millions of dollars a year to spew his brand of hate-speech to the few remaining rude, racist and ignorant bullies that infest America, and "Dildo Bill" O'Reilly gives Murdoch his money's worth.
Posted by: FriendofKeyserSoze | February 6, 2011 11:54 PM | Report abuse
-----------------------------------------------
You sound bitter, hurt, and chagrined.
I’m glad that Bill is getting to you.
You do know that Bill talks to Millions of people, per night, don’t you?
He speaks to much more than a “few.”
I didn’t see the interview. I do not watch Obama, live.
I wonder if Rupert Murdoch really hires “sex offenders? Murdoch pays Bill Millions, because Bill earns Millions for Murdoch.
Dennis

Posted by: Shadowsmgc | February 7, 2011 12:49 AM | Report abuse

"geo82170"s TV viewer numbers for MSNBC vs. FOX News are so hilarious, regardless of who made them up! Some of the numbers are almost as high as the census of the entire country, which right off identifies them as pure hogwash, simply by THAT measure alone. Everyone knows that multiples of people don't even bother to pay for any cable or satellite TV service because they can't afford it, which means these channels aren't AVAILABLE to them even if they WANTED to watch them.

However, it was a good laugh. It proves the mental capacity of that segment of our population who prefer fairy tales and entertainment to the actual facts. Just think! His numbers mean that absolutely NOBODY watches CBS, ABC,or any of the educatonal channels because he would like all gullibles to believe that all the working people, the hospitalized and nursing home people, and all their children at home, out playing, or at school are ALL watching FOX.

But, it's good to occasionally have a laugh, even knowing that people are being deluded in this manner.

Posted by: Maerzie | February 7, 2011 12:47 AM | Report abuse

I had hoped for better from O'Reilly. He's a highly intelligent man, with well-considered opinions, but in his interview tonight he appeared to be hustling for a ratings "score" over the president, making him look barely civil. No honest discussion ensued.

Posted by: jadie | February 7, 2011 12:10 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jadie | February 7, 2011 12:09 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: FriendofKeyserSoze | February 6, 2011 11:54 PM | Report abuse

O'Reilly conducted a really low class interview. He showed no intelligence whatsoever and simply tried to hit all the Repubs talking points.....healthcare, far-left, distribution of wealth, etc. Can you imagine interviewing the President and asking how he feels about people hating him ?
Sorry Bill, you looked like a mean spirited chump and the President came across as the adult in the room.

Posted by: Hope9 | February 6, 2011 11:36 PM | Report abuse

If geo's viewership figures are correct, that supports my contention that a far greater number of people that watch Fox vs. MSNBC for their information can't read. Case closed.

Posted by: nb888 | February 6, 2011 11:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: nb888 | February 6, 2011 11:24 PM | Report abuse

Two points: 1) O'Reilly interrupted or talked over Obama so much as to border on being disrespectful; 2) How'd the moon get there? How'd the sun get there? How come we have that and Mars doesn't? How do you explain that?

Posted by: motogp46 | February 6, 2011 11:11 PM | Report abuse

He should have told him how the moon got there just to shut him up

Posted by: Chops2 | February 6, 2011 9:52 PM | Report abuse

Hey “ToddPollard” throw up on yourself and repeat after me, four more years, four more years, come on ToddPollard said it with me, four more years, and one other thing ToddPollard, man up call a spade a spade people will respect you more. You almost did with the “his ugly black mouth” comment. Man Up call him what you really want to call him!

Posted by: 3doubleu | February 6, 2011 9:28 PM | Report abuse

MSNBC MADDOW 976,000
MSNBC O'DONNELL 855,000
MSNBC SCHULTZ 760,000
CNN COOPER 740,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 700,000

Posted by: geo82170 | February 6, 2011 9:26 PM | Report abuse

O'Reilly asks a question then talks over each of the President's replies. What an idiot. Why Obama's staff agreed to this clown interviewing him is incredulous.

Posted by: stephenbach | February 6, 2011 8:56 PM | Report abuse

I'm surprised the President would grant an interview with a non-journalist like O'Reilly. I know he would like to reach the Fox News viewers on his terms, so perhaps that was the reason. I would rather have seen Shep Smith do the interview. He seems to be the only 'fair' or 'balanced' member of the Fox News clan. Chris Wallace would have been fine too, but O'Reilly? I'll have to watch to see if hot-head O'Reilly wags his finger at the President.

Posted by: bfjam | February 6, 2011 8:53 PM | Report abuse

It make me almost want to throw up watching Orelly interveiw Obama. How can Orelly lower hisself to even interview this looser. Look at Obama, this guy is on drugs. Watch his eyes. You can see he is lieing every time he open his ugly black mouth. Notice how he sneers at Orelly you can see how much better he think he is

Posted by: ToddPollard | February 6, 2011 8:21 PM | Report abuse

I am very sorry the president went on FOX he should not debase him self like that its alright being one of the boys but there is a limit to what company one will be seen in even I will not sit with BILL O'REILLY or anyone else on FOX that place is the same as a pig sty and rightly so because their talking heads need I say more EDDIE

Posted by: FB100000511355277 | February 6, 2011 8:11 PM | Report abuse

I can't understand why anyone with any self-respect would still watch that network. When you give a million dollars to the Republican Party to help get its candidates elected but keep disaplaying the "Fair and Balanced" logo, you've pretty much announced that you believe your viewers are idiots.

What am I missing in this picture?

Posted by: B2O2 | February 6, 2011 7:58 PM | Report abuse

Does the President really care about the game? I don't see him peppering Bush about whether he really cares about baseball? This is just another Fox smear attempt to portray The President as anyone but an American.

Posted by: Shaun-kar | February 6, 2011 7:42 PM | Report abuse

O'Reilly said of Mubarak that "I'm just worried that he might go off the reservation."

Swell! So in addition to an insensitive slur on Native Americans, he slurs a head of state as if he were a prisoner of the United States. With widely publicized media personalities tossing out such attempted wisecracks, is it any wonder that many residents of other countries resent us?

Posted by: CherieOK | February 6, 2011 7:42 PM | Report abuse

i didnt watch the interview because i knew big bill would be rude and interruptive. gee i guess i am smart after reading these comments mikchael shimansky bridgeport, ct/guanacasta, CR

Posted by: coolgolf | February 6, 2011 7:39 PM | Report abuse

O'Reilly's interview was horrendous. Instead of conducting a true interview he was so focused on getting a sound bite that he came off as rude and very, very unprofessional.

This proved a perfect example of why Pres. Obama does not and should not go on Fox.

Posted by: rlj611 | February 6, 2011 6:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rlj611 | February 6, 2011 6:25 PM | Report abuse

I thought Bill O'Reilly was downright rude with his constant interruptions and snide retorts. Our President handled the situation with usual grace and humor. Once again, he's the only adult in the room.

Posted by: chicago11 | February 6, 2011 6:03 PM | Report abuse