State of the Union 2010
President Obama's first state of the union address
Chris Cillizza reviews the top themes and meaning of Obama's speech.
McDonnell called for a smaller, less intrusive federal government.
Obama delivered an urgent plea for unity during his first State of the Union address.
News and Analysis
Speech Excerpts by TopicFinancial reform | Civil rights | Jobs | Nuclear weapons | Iraq and Afghanistan | Education |
Deficit | Health care | Entire speech
In Obama's Words
Post columnist discusses his take on President Obama's State of the Union address.
- Robert Kaiser transcript, post-speech analysis
- Michael Shear transcript, SOTU preview
- Kristol: What Obama can't say
- Robinson: Pundits were wrong
- Cohen: Obama plays grown-up
- Achenblog: Quick reactions
- Milbank: A polite State of the Union
- Dionne: Obama shows he's a conciliator
- Meyerson: No time to think small
- Gerson: Obama's reality problem
- Parker: A visionary, not a fighter