Achenblog: August 12, 2007 - August 18, 2007

D'oh!

A historic first: The Simpsons make an appearance on Achenblog. Well, maybe not the actual Simpsons, and maybe it's not the first time, but still...

By Rob Anderson  |  August 17, 2007; 3:00 PM ET  |  Permalink  |  Comments (690)

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz

Death by iPhone

I am fairly certain that my iPhone will be the end of me.

By Rob Anderson  |  August 17, 2007; 12:15 PM ET  |  Permalink  |  Comments (68)

Can You Hear Me Now?

In Peru, President Alan Garcia, perhaps worried that Peruvians will blame governmental incompetence on the government, berates the telecom companies for poor service after the earthquake.

By Rob Anderson  |  August 16, 2007; 11:30 AM ET  |  Permalink  |  Comments (277)

A Guest Blogger Against Guest Blogging

So here we are, you and me, stuck in the monotony of our regular 9-to-5's as Joel the Jetsetter cavorts somewhere along the Riviera.

By Rob Anderson  |  August 16, 2007; 8:30 AM ET  |  Permalink  |  Comments (82)

The Power Tool Cure

Shattered by ennui, and discombobulated despite my vow to remain combobulated, I have seized upon the obvious explanation: I need more power tools.

By Joel Achenbach  |  August 14, 2007; 7:30 PM ET  |  Permalink  |  Comments (233)

Disagreeableness From All Over

I've been monitoring the various America In Decline hypotheses. You know: America is Rome, on the verge of collapse. There are books with titles like "The End of the American Era." I'm still a Can Do Nation person, however,...

By Joel Achenbach  |  August 14, 2007; 11:33 AM ET  |  Permalink  |  Comments (165)

He'll Be Back

Karl Rove's departure is an affirmation of the physics of presidential politics: What goes up must come down.

By Joel Achenbach  |  August 13, 2007; 8:11 AM ET  |  Permalink  |  Comments (217)