High Drama in Denver

You've probably seen the reports (here and here and here, for example) about a possible plot to kill Obama. Several KKK-types in custody in Denver. Very scary stuff -- makes you shudder just to think of that sort of thing -- though the way one of the suspects is gabbing with a local TV reporter makes me wonder if there's less here than meets the eye. Might be a case of a meth-head enjoying unexpected celebrity. (But -- thinking out loud -- why would his associate jump out of a 6th floor hotel window?)

Back to last night's TV show: Michelle Obama did great, as did Craig Robinson, as did Caroline Kennedy.

But Teddy had me at hello.

Cried.

The full Camelot meltdown.

You have to be made of stone not to have gotten stirred by what is likely the last hurrah from Teddy Kennedy. You could sense him feeding off the crowd, enjoying every moment. That's a case where just showing up is 99 percent of the battle.

There are people out there who love to hate Teddy, and view him as the epitome of all that is wrong with liberalism. But I assume most Americans recognize that he's been a great public servant and dedicated legislator -- and that, for all his liberal bona fides, he has reached across the aisle on education and immigration, among other issues.

The Kennedy appearance was what the Dems needed to escape from the interminable Clinton narrative (note that I didn't say p-----drama). [Hint: second letter is "s". See brief use of word by John Harris in this Politico report.]

MSNBC, I noticed, showed Nancy Pelosi's speech, while CNN had a gabfest going, some talking heads with their backs to the podium. Pelosi was barely audible in the background. I dunno, she's second in line to the presidency, the first woman to be Speaker, shouldn't she get some airtime? Not that the speech was any good. Just didn't seem polite, if I may use such a word. [I know: delusional.]

Not sure what Jimmy Carter's role was last night. McCain has reportedly said that an Obama presidency would be like a second Carter term -- kind of a stretch after nearly three decades. (I've always said that McCain would be the second Polk term, but this hasn't yet caught on as a major political meme.)

Just like a fairy tale!: 'Sklar discovered an ancillary benefit in June when she wrote to a casual acquaintance, blogger Rex Sorgatz: "Your latest twitter is one of the reasons I like you without knowing you so well." After that e-mail, she says, "he wrote back suggesting we have lunch." They are now dating.'

FYI, here's another "bridge to the 20th century," from Frank Rich:

"He is an unstable bridge back not just to Bush policies but to an increasingly distant 20th-century America that is still fighting Red China in Vietnam and the Soviet Union in the cold war....

"As Gen. David Petraeus returns home, McCain increasingly resembles those mad Japanese soldiers who remained at war on remote Pacific islands years after Hiroshima."

Here's a look back at Beijing from The Miami Herald's Linda Robertson.

Bulletin: Neanderthals weren't dumb.

By Joel Achenbach  |  August 26, 2008; 8:09 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'A Bridge to the 20th Century'
Next: Another Day of Clintons

Comments

good morning everyone

Posted by: greenwithenvy | August 26, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Good Morning GWE

Posted by: Shiloh | August 26, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

If last night was such high drama, why are James Carville, Paul Begala, and Ed Rollins, on different networks and cable outlets this morning, calling the first night's broadcast a waste of airtime?

Oh, Michelle was sweet and idealistic and short on biographical detail, the kids were cute and adorable and unscripted, and the Senate lion made perhaps his last roar, but the syrup hardly moved the contest forward or made a case against McCain--if that's what the Dems are trying to accomplish.

Yeah, those druggie would-be assassins looked about as effective as the supposed terrorist cell operating a handful of years ago out of Florida. Remember the big Alberto Gonzales press conference and high drama over the Florida gang? You don't suppose the dude jumped out of the sixth floor window because he was on drugs, do you?

Posted by: Loomis | August 26, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Loved the article on Beijing. The Chinese intended this to be a coming-out party, where, naturally, everyone straightens up a bit, puts on their fancy clothes, and practices their best smiles. But I suspect the whole thing was much more like some kind of incredibly complex stage show. A carefully-orchestrated interactive piece of performance art that succeeds in exciting and inspiring the audience without really revealing too much about the true nature of the actors.

Of course, that's also what some people say about political conventions. And maybe there is an element to that. But you can't fake the emotion emitted by Ted Kennedy. But my heart still belongs to Michelle. I mean, that woman never fails to impress me with her intelligence and poise.

Posted by: RD Padouk | August 26, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

"...a new shared and flashy-looking technology..." That phrase in the link cracked me up.

Posted by: Shiloh | August 26, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

p-----drama?

pepperdrama?

What?

:-)

Posted by: Scottynuke | August 26, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

My thoughts exactly, Scotty.

6 letters, sounds like???

Posted by: dbG | August 26, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

"Most Americans, unlike the press, are not obsessed by race. (Those whites who are obsessed by race will not vote for Obama no matter what he or anyone else has to say about it.)"

Sorry we didn't have this Frank Rich quote last night when surton was expounding on racism in America.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 26, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Beijing also used the Olympics as an excuse for massive publics works projects. They built two subway lines, rebuilt all the sidewalks, repainted the entire Forbidden City (and every other historic building). Most of which never got noted or seen on TV.

Posted by: yellojkt | August 26, 2008 10:04 AM | Report abuse

New Scientist has a story on dogs being smarter than wolves, reported from the first Canine Science Forum in Budapest, Hungary.

But Neandertals didn't have dogs, and therefore couldn't learn from them.

Posted by: Dave of the Coonties | August 26, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

From previous Boodling:

"ANNOUNCEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT

All-

The International Mega Boodle Porching Hour (IMBPH) will be held on Saturday, October 4, 2008, at Buffalo Billiards at 1330 19th Street in NW Washington, DC.

We'll be in the Victorian Room from 5-8 p.m. (at least that's the formal part of the event), with food and drink service available.

More news to follow, including a regular BPH on Friday evening at the normal BPH location (McCormack & Schmicks, 1652 K Street downtown, a few blocks from the Mega BPH location, and the Washington Post's main offices), guests (if any actually accept our invitations), other activities (if anyone isn't too full of food and drink), and clothing options (bc is considering the 'all leather, but as little as possible' option).

Lurkers are welcome.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks,

Yr Hmbl Int’l Mega BPH Planning Committee"

We now return you to your Regularly Scheduled Boodling.

Posted by: bc | August 26, 2008 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Thinking of infrastructure, a while back I managed to trace the new high speed rail link from London St. Pancras Station to the Channel Tunnel. Looks cleverly engineered to minimize impacts on the countryside. It took far too long to build, but at least they finally have it--and passenger traffic is booming.

Posted by: Dave of the Coonties | August 26, 2008 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Hey, omni, I was just back-boodling and saw you mention your sorta-antique German girls' 3-speed. How attached to that bike are you? The ScienceGrandma is in the market for a new easy-riding bike with a sealed shifter-hub ('new' = 'never really liked her Mercier 10-speed and wants something more comfy'), but she is not of a mind to pay $600 for a Breezer.

Posted by: BicycleTim | August 26, 2008 10:23 AM | Report abuse

I think the Chinese did a wonderful job,staging these olympics. Everything seemed state of the art,the broadcasts were exceptional and if this was China's coming out party,then they did a good job.

Of course we have heard this before from China. they want to be a world player and deserve to have a say in world events. But 600 years of suspician and surpression can't be overlooked by a 3 week event.

A very good job China,now keep going on the right path and the rest of the world will welcome you with open arms.

Posted by: greenwithenvy | August 26, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Psychodrama.

Posted by: Achenbach | August 26, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Psychodrama. As per the kit of 25 August.

Posted by: RD Padouk | August 26, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

BPH BULLETIN: At first read I thought it said "clothing optional" and had thoughts of driving up to DC. Then I remembered the past photos.

Posted by: Shiloh | August 26, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Alrighty then - that Buffalo Billiards menu is looking good to me! Buffalo wings and jalapeno poppers. Say no more, I am in!

Not to mention that I will be happy to be hobknobbing with Achenbloggers.

I couldn't bring myself to watch the convention, so much blah, blah. I just visited my favorite sites this a.m. and watched the videos. I do think Michelle Obama did exactly what she needed to do last night. When the camera panned to her mother's face, even in the cold light of the a.m., I got all weepy. A very nice moment.

Now it's time for some red meat, IMHO.

Posted by: Kim | August 26, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Shiloh, the BPH planning committee actually *did* debate the "clothing optional" idea. The vote was 5-4, with the chair casting the tie-breaker vote.

But you can come clothed, if you want to.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Was the chair 'polstered?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 26, 2008 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Jumper, I agree with your conclusion in your 9:23 in the previous kit. Yes, the Repubs have their wacky fringe, just like the Dems. The difference is, as wacky as the Dem fringe can be, at least I like them (and have many friends among them). They may be wacky--but they are good people at heart, and mean well. (And are fun.) The Repubs--not so much (or even close).

Agree, Kim: I want some fire and brimstone pretty soon. I think they're going to make that Biden's main job. (Which is fine by me.)

I'm starting to get pretty disgusted with these speculative stories asking whether Hillary and/or Bill are going to suck it up and do what's right/good for the party, or whether they're going to continue to pout and be self- and party-destructive. Whatever else Bill and Hillary might be, they aren't stupid--and the pundits aren't taking that into account.

Gloomis, what did you expect two hard-core Clintonistas (Carville and Begala) and a top GOP operative (Rollins) to say? Jeez. All three have been sidelined and sent to the third-string benches of their respective parties; of course they are going to grouse.

And you expected a geneaology report from Michelle? Or a battle plan against McCain? What in the world would you have expected either of those for?

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

'polstered or plastered, I can't remember which.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Howdy y'all. I only saw Pelosi from last night's convention start. I was sorry to miss Michelle but life and a homework crisis intervened (grrr). I look forward to re-viewing her speech today.

Mudge has it right - Carville et al are going to be down on this whole thing because they're relegated to talking about it, not in the middle of it. I also hope they get some fire & brimstone soon. Time to wake things up. I was also somewhat bitterly amused by the WSJ headline this morning: Shaky Economy Challenges Ambitious Obama Agenda. I note, mildly, that I never saw headlines like that before the advent of Murdoch. Also the premise is classic WSJ; a normal person would think, shaky economy draws voters to Obama agenda (as opposed to more of the same).

I'm posting a repeat of Cassandra's comment yesterday, which I think says it all:

Where are the folks that are suppose to have their ear to the ground. Don't you hear the thumping. It's bad out here. In every way. People are tired. They want better. They want to sleep at night without worrying so much about food, gas, their houses going the way of foreclosure. They want their old United States back. The country that look every hurdle in the eye and stepped forward, not backwards. The country that embraced and loved diversity. The country that created what the world needed and loved. The country that led the world in every aspect of living, and doing it well. The country that didn't shrink from change, that embraced the concept, and ran with it, being a powerful leader. The United States of America. Change, we can believe in.

Posted by: cassandra s | August 26, 2008 7:31 AM

Posted by: Ivansmom | August 26, 2008 11:02 AM | Report abuse

No need to guess what side of the clothing option *I'm* on.

The outside.

Obama's announcement all these months ago that he's seeking the Presidency of the United States has made him a target for life-threatening actions, for whatever reasons those seeking to do him harm may have. [Being evil, a publicity-seeking grandstander, or suffering from some form of mental illness included]

I'm glad that law enforcement agencies are vigilant in protecting our representatives and those in public service -- past, present and future.

It cannot be an easy job, especially given the increased stress levels on folks these days from the war, the poor economy, etc. Stressed-out people are more likely to become unstable and take irrational actions, IMO. And if they're looking for someone to blame, they might just see that person on television...

bc

Posted by: bc | August 26, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Shiloh your 10:26 made me laugh out loud and now my companions on this old Boardwalk hotel porch are sliding their rocking chairs away from me.

Posted by: TBG | August 26, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

mudge, i've had a few conversations along those lines. the clintons will act in their own best interests, which is to behave right now. all the other speculation is nonsense.

i find the use of the term psychodrama to be somewhat offensive. it is just a little too over-the-top, and again, would it ever be used for a man? no, i don't think so. i know that we're including bill here, but it's just a little too easy to attach these loaded terms to the clintons, especially when hillary is involved. just saying. and i'm not saying don't criticize their dysfunctional behavior, but to my ears "psychodrama" is not a gender-neutral term.

Posted by: L.A. lurker | August 26, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Enough of this important political stuff! How does the Boodle feel about vaginal cosmetic surgery?

The ScienceSpouse works in an office park near me. Within the same building, an office suite is being rebuilt to house a plastic surgery clinic which will specialize in vaginal cosmetic surgery. Specifically, the target audience is ladies who would like to be returned to a dewy-fresh and youthfully taut condition in order to better hold onto their male partners, and who are able to proffer the necessary several-thousand $$ required. Presumably, except for a few professionals who are called-upon to display their wares prior to any transactions, this will have no impact on the ability to attract new male partners. Or, I suppose, female ones.

We have been able to think of only a relatively limited market for this service who could be argued to genuinely need such reconstruction:
(1) Women recovering from some sort of physical trauma, obviously.
(2) Women departing western society and anticipating marital congress within some traditional culture that does not approve of premarital intercourse (by women).
(3) Women arriving in Western society and wanting to recover from genital mutilation practiced in some traditional cultures.
(4) Men who are undergoing sexual-reassignment surgery.

Worthy causes, but not a major lucrative market.

The Spouse refers to this forthcoming facility as "The Mutilatorium." How do others feel? Merely ludicrous, or a grotesque travesty perpetrated upon the bodies of women? I argue that the copious dollars provided by the multitude of elective facial plastic surgeries are the reason why facial-reconstructive surgery patients of today no longer look like gargoyles like my Uncle Chet, whose face was removed by a land mine in 1944, when things were much more primitive. Let the rich and shallow pay for the development of techniques that are needed by a small but truly desperate population. Her concern is that it creates further social stigmatization of women who simply have a few miles on 'em. Plus, it engenders the disturbing impression that the natural and proper state of, um, that region, is to be like that of a teenager.

Posted by: PlainTim | August 26, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

"The suspect was identified as Shawn Robert Adolf, 33, who was arrested in Glendale, near Denver, shortly after leaping from a sixth-floor hotel window, the authorities said."

I should hope so, "shortly after." It can't have been much of a chase.

Posted by: Boko999 | August 26, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Psoriasis was the first word that came to my mind.

Then I counted the letters, and then cleaned up the tea I had made myself snort up, and then flagellated myself for unworthy and mean minded thoughts...why am I still giggling?

Posted by: DNA Girl | August 26, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

TBG -- fax us some fudge and taffy and salt spray and a bit of that end of summer sharp-focus on fun.

Posted by: College Parkian | August 26, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Mudge- to me why pundits say what they do is kinda beside the point. Let's not muddy the waters. The thing is, they were wrong.

Posted by: RD Padouk | August 26, 2008 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Right, bc. My understanding from news reports is that the person who jumped from the hotel window had outstanding warrants. While jumping six floors is drastic, it is not unusual for people with outstanding warrants to take extreme measures to avoid contact with police. This is particularly true if they've committed or are planning another offense. After a first offense, many people find themselves continuing a life of crime but genuinely do not want to return to prison.

Posted by: Ivansmom | August 26, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

I watched some of the CNN pundits and staff complain about the slow evening, I was a little disturbed at their thinking that the show was a "television event", called me old fashioned but politics should be about ideas, not ratings. I agree the evening was a little slow but was very impressed with Michelles speech, and I for one was glad for the break from vitrol.

I didn't see any interviews with delegates or any attempt to seek out stories but perhaps I missed that as we had a lot going on last night, eldest returned from a week long visit to the in-laws down east.

Posted by: dmd | August 26, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Oh, PlainTim, PlainTim, PlainTim. You are *such* a bad person to dangle a topic like that in front of us, we who must battle every day to (try to) be good. God'll get you for this.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

The report of a plot to shoot Obama is not unexpected. The SPLC annual report of "Hate Groups" in the USA lists 12 such groups in Colorado, including KKK, Neo-Nazi, Christian-Identity and White Nationalists.

Fortunately, most of the country's 888 hate groups are small bands of disorganized fanatics, not unlike the alleged meth-heads who may be behind this Colorado plot. But just because they are small groups doesn't make them any less dangerous. The lone gunman, as we know from recent and historical events, is equally dangerous.

Posted by: Shiloh | August 26, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Surgery should always be the last option. I recommend plenty of fresh air and exercise.

Posted by: Boko999 | August 26, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Somehow PlainTim is not the right handle here but I am lost to suggest one.

You make such a good point about the silver lining that is golden for some people concerning plastic surgery.

About plastic surgery, a college friend was "forced" to spent about 18 months in SoCal providing anesthesia to a group of doctors who had contracts to "fix and enhance" the milk-fed- but- missing- -a- few-common-sense- neurons midwestern girls who did not make it into mainstream Hollywood. These "P" gals were engaged in the other huge industry of shall we say filmmaking.

Doing this work depressed him mightily about many things. He did say that humbled him very much to have choices and options in life, as well as some regular upbringing. Why was he forced? He went to medical school in Mexico and had to spend about ten years scrambling for ANY entry into medical settings.

The stories he told....but Suddenly-new-TopicTim, you mean well suburban upper middle class women. Do you mean P.G. County? So Bowie and Mitchellville have now arrived at this level of boughten banality?

Posted by: College Parkian | August 26, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Imputing a sexist slant to the word psychodrama is somewhat removed from those clearly sexist terms: hysterical and lunatic, the latter coincident with the cycles of PMS. I think psychodrama is Norman Bates neutral.

Posted by: Shiloh | August 26, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Boko -- you bawdy rowdy soul, you. Funny.

Posted by: College Parkian | August 26, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Plain Tim, once you reconsider the (unfortunately and alarmingly incorrect) assumption in the first four words of your point (2), you'll see how large the market for the service could be in this country.

Posted by: DNA Girl | August 26, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Hey BiTim, er, um, I mean BicycleTIM.

I'm not attached at all.

OK, that didn't come out right either.

There's a reason the bike is hiding in the closet

OH, carp.

Anyhow,hehe, CP has first dibs on sightseeing, and after...we'll start the bidding war. But remember I have a three Yuengling, two oyster shooter limit so strategize accordingly.

OK back to seriousness. If the tires hold air I plan to ride it down to the 10-miler and tag along with CP in support of frosti

Posted by: omni | August 26, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

"...in order to better hold onto their male partners,...

An interesting figure of speech in the context, Tim.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 26, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Omni, I do not covet your bike. I do wish to ooh and aah over it, much as does bc when he sees a fine piece of carflesh. I will admit to frenvy over your bike. Frenvy is not green at all; simply says"I really like that -- and would have gladly taken this, too -- and am glad you have it."

But, lo, I believe it good when bikes are ridden by appreciative SciBikePlainGrannies. Placing real bottoms on saddles is the work of the Lord, verily, I say it is so. So, I defer to BikeTim in this matter.

Posted by: College Bikian | August 26, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

*Tim, I fear you are showing ignorance about the actual extent of the mutilation involved in the most widely-practiced version of that abomination. No surgeon on earth can "repair" that kind of damage.

Posted by: Yoki | August 26, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Omni -- get the tires fixed! Will make a map this weekend. Two official spectator stations are listed on the Army Ten Miler map. I have asked a few runners who can suggest others. Lots of security these days at races, so we may have to move between the two sites. Frosti will provide her bib number and I think we can use a cell phone or two for other sightings.

Posted by: College Parkian | August 26, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Ivansmom, thanks for the nod. And that should be "looked" instead of "look".

I think I've said this before here at the Achenblog, some of us are just holding our breath. We know our history.

It is raining here, and raining some more. I'm not complaining, I'm not, it's all good, and as my grandsons used to say about certain foods, "it's wet".

The mega BPH sounds like it is going to be a blast. I don't think I'm going to be there, but you know my heart will be there, and of course, I can't wait for the pictures.

Posted by: cassandra s | August 26, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Need and want are 2 different things, Tim.

Posted by: dbG | August 26, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

*hastily scribbling "carflesh" into the Boodle Lexicon of Outstanding New Words and Phrases*

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 12:03 PM | Report abuse

I've been reading about this surgery in a number of magazines. You can never get enough of what you don't really want, and if your problem is insecurity, well, it's one more thing to "fix."

Perhaps NSFW (no pictures, just text), but http://www.self.com/livingwell/articles/2007/09/0924surgery_1_of_7

Posted by: dbG | August 26, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

You kids don't make me come back there!

I thought the psychodrama referred to initially was the drama of the psychos on meth in Denver.

Lots of nonsequiturs going on here.

Gee, Spot, where'd you hide the bone?

Posted by: Jumper | August 26, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

When a women's libido enhancer was proffered in pill form a few years back(... anybody remember what it was called? Doesn't get much ad space ...), a friend said, "Next thing you know they'll invent a pill to make us want to do the ironing, too."

This new "fix" takes that ethos to a whole 'nuther level. Dang! I never thought it would be so great to be 50, but at least I remember a time when people didn't cut themselves up for looks. Or feels.

Ahem. Heh.

Did I use "ethos" rite?

Posted by: KPage | August 26, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Mudge, one line of cousins transferred their love of fine horses in the 1880s into cars by the 1920s. I descend from the people who rode in wagons with mule teams and the occasional work horse.

Horses, cars: transport and beauty.

Laura Ingalls Wilder's husband Almanzo loved beautiful horses. See the hints in the books. The two may have had some mild tension over matched riding horses or a plow horse for those South Dakota winter wheat fields.

And, can't you just see bc in the gladiator days in Ben Hur regalia, taking such care of his horse and tricked-out chariot.

Posted by: College Parkian | August 26, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Yoki, I am intellectually aware of the extent of damage in female genital mutilation, although I have no empirical observations and no desire to collect any. I can at least envision that appropriate surgery could restore the appearance of the intact genitalia. The actual loss of the nerves associated with the clitoris clearly could not be repaired. The psychological damage also cannot be repaired, but I could see the possibility that such a surgery could fulfill the psychological role of repudiating the society that committed the original act.

The ScienceSpouse sees this elective surgical practice as fulfilling somewhat the same role in western society as female genital mutilation: it insists that female genitals should be acknowledged as existing only for the pleasure of men and as being controlled by men. It is a usurpation of sexual authority. I do not disagree. Even if the clientele is women seeking this reconstruction, it cedes sexual authority to the man to define what is a successful sexual relationship. When the Spouse talked with one of the principals of this operation and learned what they would be doing, "enhanced sexual sensation for the woman" was not a cited benefit.

Posted by: PlainTim | August 26, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

"a women's libido enhancer was proffered in pill form..."

They figured out how to make chardonnay into a pill?

*sigh*

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

PlainTim, your ScienceSpouse is a wise woman and I agree with her 100%. There is a whole lot more I could say, but why bother? I think she said it all! Now to go back and read the link dbG provided, then, maybe I'll say some more, probably not, tho.

Posted by: Vintage Lady | August 26, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

bc, Thanks very much for that announcement. The venue sounds like an excellent choice. Looking forward to hearing more details as they develop.

Posted by: kbertocci | August 26, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Oh CP I knew that...My post was originally intended to be serious, but my funny bone insisted on getting involved.

Still, you have first dibs on a look see. Then BicycleTim can put a bow on it and make a present of it. The real price is nothing more than a picture or two of the gifting ceremony.

A little bit of additional info:
I believe the frame is size 26.
The inner tube valves are Presta (not the standard Schrader), and I have a hand pump for this.
I said it was a girl's bike because it has the step through frame but was really a teen's bike.
It has a front light with one of those power generators that spin off the wheel (front wheel in this case).
The rear brakes are operated by the pedals and the front by the right hand.
It also has a bell, that broke, but can probably be easily fixed by someone with the right tools. (think bc's garage)

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. (OK, I peeked into my closet for a reminder...)

Posted by: omni | August 26, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Money and nice shoes are excellent female libido enchancers.

Posted by: BadBoko999 | August 26, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm. Omni, you say this is a 3-speed -- with a foot brake? That typically is only found on 1-speeds.

Frame size is measured from the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube (not the top of the seat post, which is adjustable). A 26" frame would fit only a giant, so I think what you mean is that the frame has 26" wheels (standard size for road bikes for younger riders, and for mountain bikes). I would be happy to take away your bike regardless of frame size, if you would like me to do so, but if you could tell me the actual frame size it would help me in knowing whether it's a frame that my Mom can handle.

Posted by: BicycleTim | August 26, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

I never had much luck with the chardonnay 'Mudge. Now, lemon gin on the other hand...

Posted by: Kerric | August 26, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and the last time I rode it the light worked. But that was more than fifteen years ago. More than likely the tires and tubes will need to be replaced.

Posted by: omni | August 26, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

dbG's link on the topic and hand was worthy reading. But, makes me very sad. Something in people (all of us) despite wealth and affluence and ability and opportunity, we still feel such absence, such lack. So we pursue items and experiences to fill the existential void.

I am heartened, though, that we may be witnessing a bike adoption here in boodleland. Tips the world slightly, ever so slightly toward a good ride and wheeeeeee on the downhill.

Posted by: College Parkian | August 26, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Yes, BTim. 26" wheels. the frame is more like 20-21 inches. I had a funny feeling I was wording that incorrectly...

Also it has a rear red like that runs off the generator.

Posted by: omni | August 26, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Off-TopicTim, I am assuming this surgery is not the same as the hymen-replacement stuff they do in Europe to re-create physical virgin status in cases where that's a deal-breaker. This sounds more recreational, if you will.

ScienceSpouse is wise indeed. I know, we should be able to do what we want with our bodies. However, sometimes getting to that "want" can be very dubious. If you aren't getting any extra enjoyment out of the surgery, and are only doing it to enhance the pleasure of someone you're already sleeping with, who really wants the surgery? I submit that few women will spontaneously say, "I think I'll go have surgery so Fred can have a better time in bed."

Professionals aside, there aren't many other occasions I can think of for this procedure. I suppose you could wind up single and dating at my age or later. If the evening goes well, you could add some enticement by a mention that on the inside, you're still a teenager, or words to that effect. Ah, romance.

Posted by: Ivansmom | August 26, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Slyness

Are you folks getting tornadoes? I saw something on the news about that, at least in your area. They were talking about putting the schools on alert? We're getting drenched, just hope the wind doesn't play into that.

Posted by: cassandra s | August 26, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

I'm liking the sound of that bike, omni! I think I would update the generator with a modern one -- Sanyo has a nice little dude that rides under the frame, where the kickstand attaches, and puts the roller on the tread instead of the sidewall. At least, they had such a thing 20-some years ago. These days, it probably would be better to replace the lamps with LED's and batteries. If the lamps are built into the frame and racks, maybe I could just rewire the existing fixtures, to preserve the original look.

I gots wheels spinnin' in my head!

Posted by: BicycleTim | August 26, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Read the Slar link, which concerns the social networking site/community called Twitter.
So, new meaning for the verb

to twitterpate

Posted by: College Parkian | August 26, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Ivansmom, had to laugh at your comment about being a teenager inside. Some of the gentlemen prefer that look(as a teenager) on the outside as well. Women have a lot to go through. I keep thinking we're getting away from Middle Age thought, but that's not the case.

I'm not married now, and I don't date, yet I find that I'm still given instructions by men. If one isn't married, other women's husbands tend to want to fill in that space. Not physically, in my case, but telling me what to do. So if it isn't your husband, it's someone else's husband. We don't get away. I had enough sense to raise my children on my own, but now that I've finished that job, I need a leader. Go figure.

Posted by: cassandra s | August 26, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

So, new meaning for the verb

to twitterpate

Posted by: College Parkian | August 26, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

CNN had an interesting panel discussuion to kick off its noon coverage (11 a.m. here). Have to say that the wise David Gergen was the star pundit. Said that last night's convention should have had more substance--given that we're in two wars, have a housing crisis, etc. He said that Monday evening's slate was sorely lacking in substance--and there should have been some gravitas on Night One. Gergen didn't feel that it was necessary for Dems to go on the attack against the Republicans last night, but the evening should have offered a shred of information about "The Road Ahead." That the lofty idealism on display last night too closely mirrors Obama's lofty rhetoric of the past, not that Gergen was calling for Obama to lay out a 12-point wonky poolicy statement either.

News is that Warner won't attack the Republicans in his speech tonight. So suppose it's up to Hillary to do the heavy lifting--before Gabby and Lanky get their turns. (Gergen said that Gabby's speech last Saturday when he accepted the Veep slot was one of the best he had heard in some time--Gabby's words setting the right tone.)

I wonder if Hillary's role of fighter (I'm assuming here) tonight is by coincidence or arrangement? Coco seems to be spot on in her Washington Post op-ed today. And Susan Faludi's wonderful opinion piece was quite buried at the New York Times website this morning. Why?

Happy 73rd birthday to Geraldine Ferraro, on this, the 88th anniversary of the passage of the 19th amendment, giving women the right to vote. My thoughts in these last few days are less on Joanne Woodward, married to a Newman, than Charlotte Woodward, who married a Pierce and lived for a time in Philadelphia. She was the only individual who attended the Seneca Falls convention in 1848 and lived to see the passage of women's sufferage in 1920, but unfortunately, she was too ill at the time to be able to make it to the polls.

On this day when Hillary is scheduled to speak, I think, too, of my own mother, born in 1914, in a time when women were still treated as second-class citizens.

I think, too, of my own father, who never once pulled out a college catalog to look at with me, who never talked to me about going away to college, who never accompanied me to any campus of higher education to look it over, to walk its grounds, to speak to a teacher or administrator.

What, Joel, no love for the McCain staffer who was sent to the hospital, purely out of precaution about 10 days ago, when some nutjob sent a letter to the McCain Denver campaign HQ, the envelope filled with a mysterious white powder?

Posted by: Loomis | August 26, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

I could respond to *Tim's discussion thread with something along the lines of "Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations" being a good thing...

:-)

Posted by: Scottynuke | August 26, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Given the splendid political success of the Dems over the past decade, Loomis, I am inclined to suggest that almost all "wise" horse-racing advice from the professional touts should be treated as a prescription for failure. Assuming the advice is meant seriously, and not deviously, then the opposite action should be taken.

Posted by: PlainTim | August 26, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

I just listened to Michelle Obama's speech. Awesome. That was great. And the fact that she was standing there giving it - the circumstances - was a powerful visual picture of the possibility of political change in this country. Democrats and their critics have focused recently on the rivalries and squabbling, which always make a lively (if not interesting) story. We need to get back to that sense of wonder and excitement generated when it became clear that the Democratic candidate would be a black man or a woman, and use that to generate the momentum to elect Obama. Really, that is a much more interesting story and more fun too.

Posted by: Ivansmom | August 26, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

The rear light is on the fender and the front looks like you'd have to take the steering column apart to remove it. The generator is attached to a piece of metal that is part of the bike, the right front fork. There is a clamp like device with key that forms a circle around the rear tire making the bike immobile. Not the most effective anti-theft device, but there it is.

And now, though I know it is early yet, I'm going to self medicate this out of nowhere and for no reason headache with a Boddingtons. Cheerio

Posted by: omni | August 26, 2008 2:10 PM | Report abuse

And one thing on the V-Surgeries: I believe in the case of genital castration the procedure is for a skin graft from the third most sensitive part of the body

Posted by: omni | August 26, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Somebody got a link to the full Michelle speech? The WaPo link appears to be cut down, and starts after the beginning of the speech. (It's only 4 1/2 minutes; was there more?)

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 2:18 PM | Report abuse

I saw it at the NYT site, Mudge, and I think it was complete.

Posted by: Ivansmom | August 26, 2008 2:25 PM | Report abuse

It seems to me that a convention is more like a revival meeting than anything else. It isn't about making rhetorical points against the other party as much as energizing the faithful. For, as Joel pointed out some kits ago, this campaign will be won by whichever candidate can more successfully get out the vote.

In support of this, there is a narrative that is followed. You have your warm up acts to get the people in the mood. You have folks testify about what the candidate has meant to them. You join together and wash away the acrimony of the past and joyfully celebrate the candidate.

All accompanied by a large number of balloons.

Posted by: RD Padouk | August 26, 2008 2:27 PM | Report abuse

*Tim, I'm not going to touch your 11:14 AM topic.

Uh-uh. Nope

bc

Posted by: bc | August 26, 2008 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Barack emailed me this link personally. I can't watch it at work; I look forward to seeing it this evening.

Posted by: kbertocci | August 26, 2008 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Well, I was thinking pseudodrama vice psychodrama.

Have not back boodled for several days. Did anyone note the passing of Dottie Collins, she of Women's baseball fame?

Posted by: DLD | August 26, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

My mother used to complain that her father-in-law (and my grandfather) would go out every morning to pick the newspaper off the lawn in nothing but his boxer shorts "with his thing flapping in the breeze."

Perhaps it is a similar condition that this elective plastic surgery is meant to correct. Gravity is a harsh mistress.

Posted by: yellojkt | August 26, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

What bc said.

Posted by: Don from I-270 | August 26, 2008 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Catching up after a busy day...

No tornadoes here yet, Cassandra, but there's a tornado watch. 2.1 inches in my rain gauge when I looked a little while ago.

I'm tired, moved a big TV (to church for Geekdottir) and then a dinette set (for Elderdottir). We got lucky with the dinette set, it wasn't raining when we took it out of her second-floor condo and left it at her dad's.

PlainTim, I don't have a problem with reconstructive surgery as you've described when it will enable a young girl to lead a normal life in her native land, or for similar projects of mercy. For other uses, well, pain for that kind of hedonism doesn't appeal to me, but whatever.

Hmm, where in my half-forgotten past did I read about men having jewels inserted in the skin of their penises to provide more pleasure for their partners? Seems like it was in the Middle Ages, in the Middle East, but I could be wrong. That's the only time I've ever read about such an operation.

Hehehe, let's see if this post gets past the wordy dird filter.

Posted by: slyness | August 26, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse

I don't suppose they'd let me borrow the Hope Diamond.

No, thought not.

*sigh*

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse

That would give new meaning to the phrase "A diamond is a girl's best friend."

Posted by: DLD | August 26, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Or is that what you were "Hope"ing for 'Mudge?

Posted by: DLD | August 26, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

DLD, as a convert to Judaism, I'm the only guy on the Boodle who has been circumsized twice. I need all the help I can get.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 3:51 PM | Report abuse

That would place you a cut above then, eh?

Posted by: DLD | August 26, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

That last one needed a BIG smiley face!

Posted by: DLD | August 26, 2008 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Ouch.

For a number of reasons.

:-)

Posted by: Scottynuke | August 26, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

A cut below, more like.

There were nine of us guys in the conversion class, and we all had to go the same night to the same mohel. You never saw nine more white-faced, s---scared guys sitting in a waiting room in a doctor's office staring blankly into back issues of Sport Illustrated in your life.

Speaking as we were of mutilation.

Wouldn't ya know--for once in my life I'm on topic. And it has to be about THIS. Sheesh.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Now THAT would make a great scene in a novel or movie. The waiting room, that is.

Posted by: ScienceTim | August 26, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, ScottyNuke. Did not realize that 'Mudge was going to take us there. At least his humor is seldom in short supply.

Posted by: DLD | August 26, 2008 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Dang! ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺

Posted by: DLD | August 26, 2008 4:09 PM | Report abuse

You hadda say "short supply."

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Casting furtive eye towards all the gemstones on my dining room table. . . you guys really want to try it, I can give you a good deal! I'm not even going to elaborate on the Moh's scale.

I liked the NYT article this morning, which divided the remaining Clinton supporters into 2 groups. While I'm pragmatic enough to vote to change the Supreme Court, I do know people who would have just voted McCain in disappointment (were they still here) over losing their perceived champion. I suspect were Clinton the nominee, the same thing would be happening with a similar group of Obama supporters--no vote at all, or a protest vote.

I also liked Dan Balz's piece here very much--I'd really forgotten the 1980 challenge Kennedy offered to a sitting president at the convention. Without going back to look at articles from the time, did he come in for the same kind of criticism that Senator Clinton has now? Would he receive the same kind of criticism she did if he tried it now?

Posted by: dbG | August 26, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Okay, seriously ☺. If you are already naked, what more is there to take off?

Would also note on another off-topic; I would not attend a "clothing optional" event that would have me. NSFR.

Posted by: DLD | August 26, 2008 4:15 PM | Report abuse

I'm trying to come up with a joke where the punchline is "Now THAT'S making a mountain out of a mohel."

Maybe it's best I don't.

Posted by: yellojkt | August 26, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Mudge

What would we do without you? I can't stop laughing. I know, I know, it wasn't funny then, but, oh, so funny now. The Hope Diamond of all things. It can't be that bad.

Posted by: cassandra s | August 26, 2008 4:18 PM | Report abuse

...hmm. Maybe one of those giant pearls that come from those 4-foot-wide giant clams ya see in the movies...

Gives whole new meaning to the movie "Romancing the Stone"...

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 4:21 PM | Report abuse

...a Faberge egg and a roll of duck tape...

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

About an inch DLD...

;P

Posted by: Kerric | August 26, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

I don't think you want to be inviting pearl necklace references, mudge.

Posted by: yellojkt | August 26, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Call me naive or just plain dumb, but how can one be circumcised twice? Or perhaps that is a question I shouldn't know the answer to.

Posted by: Aloha | August 26, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Aloha, that is EXACTLY the question the nine of us in the waiting room were asking ourselves.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 4:28 PM | Report abuse

I'll bet that Sammy Davis Jr. had a good explanation for that.

Posted by: DLD | August 26, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

You draw the short straw twice.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 26, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

You wouldn't BELIEVE all the things Sammy Davis Jr. and I have in common.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

PlainSpouse might benefit from looking up "prolapsed uterus"; "intersex" and "vaginal tearing."

Speaking of real reasons for genital reconstruction.... sexual pleasure may not be as crucial as avoiding dying from chronic or acute infections.

That aside, how did we get from yet another attempted hatchet job on Obama to er... Mudge's fond memories of HIS mohel hatchet job...

I think I just answered myself.

Posted by: Wilbrod | August 26, 2008 4:34 PM | Report abuse

No no no, the Hope Diamond is cursed. You want the thing to fall OFF!

Yikes, what were you thinking. Just get a Freedom Tickler fer crying out loud...

Posted by: omni | August 26, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

For the love of God, Montressor! Er, Joel. In pace requiescat! A new kit, please!

Posted by: Jumper | August 26, 2008 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Say! How about the Democratic Convention!

Posted by: DLD | August 26, 2008 4:44 PM | Report abuse

I'll say it's cursed. You know how hard it is to keep that thing balanced out there when you're...

Oh, never mind.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Holy cow. I go to a meeting; y'all go wild.

Posted by: KPage | August 26, 2008 4:48 PM | Report abuse

It's all Tim's fault, KPage. He's the one who brought up carpet tunnel syndrome in the first place.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Ah! Freedom Tickler. Had to read it three times. Very good. Like Freedom Fries only...only...

I got nothing.

Posted by: DLD | August 26, 2008 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Um. Golly. What an interesting surgical topic.

But back to Denver. I can't guarantee I will be able to stay up to watch Hillary. I hope I can because I respect her very much.

I realize this will be a hard speech for her. I hope she thanks her supporters for their passion while still strongly encouraging them to vote for Obama. (Even if all she can summon is the fortitude to declare that Obama is the best man for the job.)

I hope she reminds her followers that Obama is not the candidate whose Presidency is a threat to women and their historical gains.

And I hope that she reminds them that, as she returns to what I hope is a long and fruitful career in the Senate, they do nothing to increase her odds of having to work with a Republican Presidency.

Mostly, I hope she convinces her supporters that there are bigger issues afoot than her.

Posted by: RD Padouk | August 26, 2008 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Thank God you're on kit, RD. I was starting to hurt from laughing so hard. Yeah, yeah, I'll admit it was my own fault.

I promise I'll never do it again! I've learned my lesson!

Yes, to all you said about Hillary's speech tonight.

Posted by: slyness | August 26, 2008 5:00 PM | Report abuse

I wouldn't mention resting in piece again.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 26, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

RD Padock has saved us!

Clinton is a very smart lady, but is she that smart? I dunno.

McCain is dragging out all the mud she shot at Obama. Simply saying she does not approve that message is not going to change what came out of her mouth earlier.

Posted by: DLD | August 26, 2008 5:04 PM | Report abuse

I wouldn't mention resting in piece, again.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 26, 2008 5:05 PM | Report abuse

RD Padock has saved us!

Clinton is a very smart lady, but is she that smart? I dunno.

dang Moveable Type errors!!

Posted by: DLD | August 26, 2008 5:07 PM | Report abuse

RD Padock has saved us!

Clinton is a very smart lady, but is she that smart? I dunno.

Posted by: DLD | August 26, 2008 5:09 PM | Report abuse

no other blog is this much fun by light years...

As Dreamer would say: 'We are Weird'

Posted by: omni | August 26, 2008 5:11 PM | Report abuse

That must be my clue to quit for the day.

Posted by: DLD | August 26, 2008 5:11 PM | Report abuse

no other blog is this much fun by light years...

As Dreamer would say: 'We are Weird'

Posted by: omni | August 26, 2008 5:15 PM | Report abuse

If Obama needs an attack dog, Sen. Clinton would do well to start in on McCain without mercy. Rather quickly. The proof will be in the pudding.

Posted by: Jumper | August 26, 2008 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Anybody know what time Hillary Clinton is supposed to give her speech?

Posted by: Aloha | August 26, 2008 5:22 PM | Report abuse

it would appear the MoveableType MemCache is on the blink.or somthink

Posted by: omni | August 26, 2008 5:24 PM | Report abuse

Carpal tunnel! ::gasps:: BWA HA HA!

I think the computer gizmo system thingamajig has carpal tunnel ... else what's the deal with all these multiple posts?

Posted by: KPage | August 26, 2008 5:42 PM | Report abuse

My memory may be failing me, however, it sounds like omni's cycle is British. The three speed with a coaster brake is a Sturmey-Archer S3C. I don't know if there are any Japanese equals. The other part of omni's bike sounds like a Dynohub. The generator is integrated into the front hub and operates a headlight and a taillight. This was a feature on the DL22, Raleigh Sports 3 speed and the DL1, the Raleigh Tourist. The latter is a grand machine with 28"wheels and rod brakes. I'd love to add one to my collection.

Posted by: jack | August 26, 2008 5:42 PM | Report abuse

mova\eable \type Mem\cache is on the pottery

Line 18 in some .pm file...erg

Posted by: omni | August 26, 2008 5:50 PM | Report abuse

Howdy, all. Just think -- I've enticed a Canadian colleague of mine (from Montréal, Québec) to join us on (or is that "in") the boodle-nation. He's a real sweetie and I've known him for years and years. We've worked together from time to time, and he's one of my favorite people. I told him about my "handle" and he told me that he wouldn't make me guess about his. We'll see about that. He's pretty funny.

Man, it's a good thing I wasn't drinking tea during the circumcision comments. And, Mudge, I wasn't laughing *at* you, I was laughing -- nope, can't say that you would be laughing so that I could actually laugh *with* you -- but I hope you know what I mean. And I, too, can't figure out how one can be circumcised twice. It's like taking out a seam -- when there's nothing left to let out, that's when you stop. I am an exceptionally lapsed J. I follow *none* of the dietary laws (oh, puhleeze), as I'm such a foodie. I always say that I'll celebrate anybody's religious holiday so long as there's good food, and that's as devoutly J as I get.

That being said, alas, I fully recognize that nobody is going to ask me if I'm a believer before they try to kill me. We still gotta have our bags packed and our track shoes on. Oh, and I can't forget my cane.

As for tonight, I hope Hillary does what she has to do. I look forward to hearing Warner, too. And I will continue to watch it all on PBS (no commercials -- thank GOD (so to speak) that the Olympics is/are over!). Needless to say, next week I will get a lot of left over reading done...you know, "instead."

Posted by: firsttimeblogger | August 26, 2008 5:51 PM | Report abuse

mova\eable \type Mem\cache is on the pottery

Line 18 in some .pm file...erg

Posted by: omni | August 26, 2008 5:53 PM | Report abuse

Oh, what the heck:

Posted by: Jumper | August 26, 2008 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Oh dear, you guys have been just way too silly.

Funny too.

Posted by: dr | August 26, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Jack you may be right, probably are: 'Pegasus' is not a German word after all. But it was owned by a German teen who's father was stationed here back in the early 90s and was called back home gave the bike to a colleague who then gave it to me (she already had one from another recalled officer

The teen was young enough that she insisted they ship the bike with them and was indifferent when stationed back home so shipping costs and all that.

Here are some other clues (some stickers/decals):

Center post:
Zweirader (could be Zweinader)
K. Jungmann & Sohn
Wilhemshaven

Lower diagonal bar:
Pegasus
Ein
ZEG

Upper diagonal bar:
Arkis

At some point in the not to distant future (certainly before the IMBPH) I'll drag it out of the closet, dust it off and upload a pic of it.

Posted by: omni | August 26, 2008 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Here are some other clues (some stickers/decals):

Center post:
Zweirader (could be Zweinader)
K. Jungmann & Sohn
Wilhemshaven

Lower diagonal bar:
Pegasus
Ein
ZEG

Upper diagonal bar:
Arkis

Posted by: omni | August 26, 2008 6:19 PM | Report abuse

It has been a funny day with lots of laughs. The rain is still coming down, and more promised for tomorrow. I hope everyone's evening is good. As for me, I'm going to turn in. As always I wil attempt to watch the Convention, but this body sometimes just gives out, does what it wants to do, and that is sleep. I've made the tuna salad for tomorrow, so that area is covered.

Night, boodle. Sweet dreams. You too, Mudge(smile).

Posted by: cassandra s | August 26, 2008 6:26 PM | Report abuse

ah, too many SCCs to count...that Boddingtons has kicked in

Posted by: omni | August 26, 2008 6:32 PM | Report abuse

ah, too many SCCs to count...that Boddingtons has kicked in

Posted by: omni | August 26, 2008 6:34 PM | Report abuse

Was it something I said?

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 7:00 PM | Report abuse

Of course not, Mudge, it's just time for dinner. We'll be back in a little while.

Posted by: slyness | August 26, 2008 7:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: slyness | August 26, 2008 7:05 PM | Report abuse

Of course not, Mudge, it's time for dinner. We'll be back shortly.

Posted by: slyness | August 26, 2008 7:07 PM | Report abuse

Of course not, Mudge. It's time for dinner. We'll be back shortly.

Posted by: slyness | August 26, 2008 7:11 PM | Report abuse

If it was, 'Mudge, you'd have been cut off by now...

Ooops.

:-)

Posted by: Scottynuke | August 26, 2008 7:17 PM | Report abuse

See? Moveable Type is having a bad evening.

Posted by: slyness | August 26, 2008 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm...Jungmann...The manufacturer may have used Sturmey-Archer parts, but I doubt it. Those Bavarians are pretty resourceful.

Posted by: jack | August 26, 2008 8:03 PM | Report abuse

Zweiräder is German for bicycle. We had a couple of bikes with Sturmey-Archer three-speed hubs when I was growing up. I got very good at taking those things apart. I was even able to put them back together!

Posted by: pj | August 26, 2008 8:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: pj | August 26, 2008 8:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: pj | August 26, 2008 8:39 PM | Report abuse

Damn Moveable Type!

Posted by: pj | August 26, 2008 8:40 PM | Report abuse

Damn Moveable Type!

Posted by: pj | August 26, 2008 8:41 PM | Report abuse

Can't locate object method "new" via package "Cache::Memcached" at lib/MT/Memcached.pm line 18.

Posted by: pj | August 26, 2008 8:41 PM | Report abuse

Omni, if I were you, I'd be careful with that panzerbiken. One minute you're peacefully cruising down the bike path next to the GW Parkway -- the next minute you're invading Prince George's County.

I think slyness has the hiccups. PJ too.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 8:47 PM | Report abuse

I think slyness has the hiccups. PJ too.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 8:48 PM | Report abuse

Hic.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 8:48 PM | Report abuse

Mudge, I got a Moveable Type error and then it posted everything I submitted. Go figure.

At least we're all back from dinner.

Posted by: slyness | August 26, 2008 8:52 PM | Report abuse

"I see everything twice."

Posted by: pj | August 26, 2008 8:57 PM | Report abuse

"I see everything twice."

And to hell with it.

Posted by: pj | August 26, 2008 9:00 PM | Report abuse

Its probably from all the laughter today.

Posted by: dr | August 26, 2008 9:03 PM | Report abuse

Its probably from all the laughter today.

Posted by: dr | August 26, 2008 9:05 PM | Report abuse

Maybe we need some of those clever Neanderthals to fix things. I'm tired. And I see that although Dennis Kucinich spoke earlier, I have yet to see any pics of Elizabeth.

So I'm depressed as well.

Posted by: RD Padouk | August 26, 2008 9:12 PM | Report abuse

I know; it's been weird since late this afternoon.

Whadja have for dinner? I made myself a stovetop tuna casserole. That's the hazard of cooking for one.

Hey, FTB, didn't realize you were a J, too. Welcome aboard. That makes 3 1/2 of us here. I suppose we're a "virtual shtetl." (Surely that's a Googlenope, doncha think?) (Alas, no; Google says 1,290 hits.) Six and a half more and we'll have a virtual minyan.

OK, for those of you who have asked the mystery question, here's the answer. The "second" circumcision of converts isn't really a true circumcision at all. All the mohel does is make a tiny cut with a scalpel about halfway...well, let's just say somewhat upstream of where you might think, just enough to draw a drop or two of blood. A few magic words and voila! he slaps a bandaid on the cut, so to speak (or a tourniquet, for the really well endowed, I suppose), and it's a fate accompli [sic].

(Major footnote: adult male converts-to-be who have not been circumsized at birth have to go into the hospital and have the full, complete job done on them; none of this symbolic stuff. They may be hospitalized for a day or two, and it is...you should pardon the phrase... a big deal. Much better to have it done when you're only a couple days old, and generally oblivious to the trauma about to be inflicted on you. I mean, after you've been where you've been for the past nine months, and what you've had to do to suddenly get to daylight...as it were... well, what's a little minor surgery? I mean, they've already clipped off your foot-long umbilical, so what's another centimeter off of something you haven't figured out is even down there, let alone something it's gonna take you more than a decade to figure out what to do with anyway? I mean, it ain't like you're gonna need it for a while, yanno?) (Hell's bells, it's gonna take you at least two years just to learn how to turn the damn thing on and off at will. I mean, it's easier to learn how to drive a car, for cryin' out loud. And it certainly isn't a memory you want to put in your mental scrapbook of treasured moments.)

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 9:26 PM | Report abuse

I know; it's been weird since late this afternoon.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 9:28 PM | Report abuse

I know; it's been weird since late this afternoon.

Posted by: Curmudgoen | August 26, 2008 9:29 PM | Report abuse

I know; it's been weird since late this afternoon.

(I used the name variant because Movable Type didn't like the old me.)

Posted by: El Curmudgeo | August 26, 2008 9:31 PM | Report abuse

Whadja have for dinner, Slyness? I made myself a stovetop tuna casserole. That's the hazard of cooking for one.

(I used the name variant because Movable Type didn't like the old me.)

Posted by: screw you, moveable type | August 26, 2008 9:33 PM | Report abuse

Unbelievable. Joel, ya gotta get this thing fixed, pronto.

Sorry about that.

Posted by: yeah, me again | August 26, 2008 9:35 PM | Report abuse

Must be the weather, Mudge. It's raining here, will probably rain most of the night. Cosmic forces are shifting, and it's messing up Moveable Type.

I didn't fix dinner, Mr. T had an early evening meeting so I didn't have to cook. I ate leftover meatloaf and green beans, plus some wholewheat bread I bought at the farmers market, with butter.

Posted by: slyness | August 26, 2008 9:37 PM | Report abuse

I I managed managed all all day day not not having having moveable moveable type type do do anything anything to to me me at at all all.. I'm I'm afraid afraid to to tempt tempt fate fate. Some Some appropriate appropriate new new pictures pictures on on my my blog blog..

Posted by: Jumper Jumper | August 26, 2008 9:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Jumper Jumper | August 26, 2008 10:00 PM | Report abuse

Jumper, those are some odd looking pictures.

We are having something really strange around here - a rainy day. Rain's predicted through Thursday too. I don't remember the last time we had three days of rain in a row. Must have been back in 2004 when we had hurricanes.

Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Posted by: slyness | August 26, 2008 10:06 PM | Report abuse

Sung to the tune of "When Johnny Comes Marching Home"

When I was but eight days old, my boys
Hurrah, Hurrah
When I was but eight days old, my boys
Hurrah, Hurrah
The rabbi came with a big sharp knife
I surely thought he would take my life
But all he took was a little bit off the top.

Posted by: pj | August 26, 2008 10:08 PM | Report abuse

Really like that picture of the alloy.

Mudge, too funny.

Posted by: dmd | August 26, 2008 10:30 PM | Report abuse

What you said, slyness. The dane's food bowls have filled twice today with rainwater. I figure that to be between 6 and eight inches of precipitation. Lancaster Highway was flooded for a mile from the center of town on my way in this afternoon. Rain on me...

Posted by: jack | August 26, 2008 10:39 PM | Report abuse

OK, I snorted mirthfully at Ms. Clinton's invocation of the "Sisterhood of the Travelling Pantsuits."

bc

Posted by: bc | August 26, 2008 10:54 PM | Report abuse

Oh my that was an amazing performance!
The Clintons sure know how to set the room on fire!

Posted by: DNA Girl | August 26, 2008 11:10 PM | Report abuse

I REALLY liked Hillary's speech.
I'm more hopeful now for Obama's election.

Posted by: Maggie O'D | August 26, 2008 11:12 PM | Report abuse

Wilbrod, I believe the situations that you cite would fall under my item #1, "Women recovering from some sort of physical trauma". That is not, however, what this medical practice is about. It's about vulval (not even vaginal) reconstructive surgery. It is far from any hospital, which is where you would find life-saving surgeries performed. This place is pretty much purely for elective cosmetic surgery. That (inexplicably) is where the market is. You may not be able to pay your subprime mortgage, but you'll have a darned fine-looking... you know.

Posted by: ScienceTim | August 26, 2008 11:15 PM | Report abuse

I tell you once,
I tell you twice,
but what I tell you a whole lot of times is true.

Posted by: StorytellerTim | August 26, 2008 11:19 PM | Report abuse

Am I correct in my thinking that there are two (and only two) Presidential first names that have belonged to more than one President?

Posted by: PlainTim | August 26, 2008 11:33 PM | Report abuse

Not going to make any comments to Mudge about needing the assistance of a diamond-tipped drill bit at his age (ahem).

And certainly not going to make any comments to *Tim about Georgia O'Keefe paintings.

Anything anyone elects to do their bodies is their own business, IMO. Not for me to judge - if some surgery or insert or whatever makes them happy - mazel tov and lotsa nakhes, I say.

bc

Posted by: bc | August 26, 2008 11:37 PM | Report abuse

Yep, Hillary did good. I liked the zingers, and I liked the part at the end - Keep going!

Posted by: mostlylurking | August 26, 2008 11:41 PM | Report abuse

Tim, three Georges, four Johns (Adams, J.Q. Adams, Kennedy, Tyler), two Andrews (Jackson and Johnson), six James (Madison, Monroe, Buchanan, Polk, Garfield, Carter), four Williams (Clinton, W.H. Harrison, McKinley, Taft), two Franklins (FDR and Pierce).

Only one Richard but a lot of Dicks.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 27, 2008 12:14 AM | Report abuse

Powerful speech by Hillary which was sorely needed. I had chills at times. She has grown on me and really does care about her party and her country. Yea Hillary!

Posted by: eidrib | August 27, 2008 12:20 AM | Report abuse

Evening all
I didn't catch Hillary's speech, but glad everyone liked it.

I had a visitor in my driveway when I got home,usually there is always something lurking around. tonight's visitor was the Bear. And he didn't leave when I pulled up.I think he was p***ed the bird feeder wasn't filled up.I flicked my headlights,blew the horn and he didn't budge.I finally rolled down the window and yelled at him,more like a screech and he slowly ambled away. I had to turn the car around and shine the headlights on him and make sure he wasn't going to double back.Then I boogied as fast as I could to get in the house. Sheesh this bear thinks his can live in my yard.I will be anxious to see what other damage he did,but not till it gets light. I guess I won't be watering the garden anymore at night for awhile.

Posted by: greenwithenvy | August 27, 2008 12:41 AM | Report abuse

Yikes, gwe - I'd be too scared to even screech. Be careful! They warn us out here, in the city, about feeding raccoons because they sometimes become aggressive - I suppose that goes double for bears. Not that you're intentionally feeding him, of course.

Posted by: mostlylurking | August 27, 2008 1:14 AM | Report abuse

"Possible" plot to kill Obama?!? Heck, in this particular forum, I know for a fact that several folks would have snuffed me repeatedly if they'd have known how to get away with it, and I'm nobody whatsoever.

Even Gerald Ford had a couple of wild women take potshots at him, and there can't have been all that many U.S. presidents who were much less controversial than Jerry! [Yeah, yeah, I understand that not everyone was on board with the Nixon pardon, but I don't recall Squeaky or Sarah Jane mentioning that as a particular grievance!]

Posted by: Bob S. | August 27, 2008 2:53 AM | Report abuse

Bob S, we're pretty bright. We could have figured it out if we really wanted to! :-)

Posted by: dbG | August 27, 2008 4:32 AM | Report abuse

gwe, between your bear and cp's bobcat, we are having too many wildlife adventures on the boodle.

Posted by: yellojkt | August 27, 2008 6:11 AM | Report abuse

Bob, would you mind getting up and going to stand by the window? That's it. A little to the left. Another four or five inches. There, that's good. You can turn around and face the wall, if you'd prefer. Now, hold still for jussssst a minute...bit of a crosswind from the left ... slight drop in elevation... range is about 200 yards...

'Morning, Boodle. Yes, heckuva night in Denver. Now, 10 more weeks of this relentless fire directed at Bush and McCain and we'll be in good shape. Gonna take a day or so to figure out if Hillary made any impression on the PUMAs.

I'll try to be good today. Promise. I take full personal responsibility for what happened yesterday. (Tim started it.) (bc made me do it.) (OK, he didn't, exactly.) (I mean, he didn't dee-double-dog-dare me, or anything.) (But I just *knew* he was thinkin' about dee-double-dog daring me.) (So it's bc's fault, too.) (And Scotty rolled his eyes. And that didn't help.) (So I could hardly just sit there and say nuthin', ya know?) (Yes, I realize elective cooter surgery is a serious subject and shouldn't be laughed at.) (Especially for loose women.) (No, that's not exactly what I meant.) (OK, I did, but I didn't mean that, really.) (Well, yeah, I did.) (But that one was left over from yesterday, see?) (OK, I'll stop now.) (Not that I have anything to hold against against loose women.) (No, that didn't come out right.)

I think I better get ready for work.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 27, 2008 6:12 AM | Report abuse

Good morning, all. At least I think it's morning, we don't have any light here yet. With officially eight inches of rain in the last 48 hours, we've had an interesting night. Mr. T handed me his pager as he went about his morning routine, so that I could delete 38 pages about flood situations and he could leave on time. He poured over five inches out of our rain gauge and said he couldn't tell if it had run over.

Drought? What drought?

Posted by: slyness | August 27, 2008 6:38 AM | Report abuse

Good morning, friends. To work, Mudge, to work. Scotty, Slyness, Martooni, get the water off, and good morning to all.*waving*

We're still getting rain, and more is promised for the day. I just hope it doesn't flood. Parts of this county are prone to flooding.

I didn't see Hillary Clinton's speech, sleep was the winner. I'll try to get it today. I hope the party can unite and move forward.

gwe, please be careful. It sounds as if you're getting too close to wildlife. That bear can't get in your house, can he? And the bear just might be depending on that bird feeder. Not good, in that it could become his routine? Just be careful. And notify the appropriate folks, not to hurt the bear, but to be safe. You're a brave one, gwe, I'd still be screaming.

Well, today is Wednesday, and that means it is the busy day. I was up at two o'clock this morning. Did not feel well at all. I thought I might have to call someone, but said my prayers and felt better. I went back to sleep. I dont' think I need to eat Cheetoes before going to bed again. Not good.

Have a great day, folks, albeit a wet one here. I talk to the g-girl yesterday. She wanted me to talk to her little friend. I explained I could not, because I couldn't understand her. I haven't heard from my grandsons, they haven't called. I'm trying to wait until I get my hearing-aid repaired before calling them, so I'll know some of what they're saying. The hearing center will be open tomorrow.

Time to swim.

Posted by: cassandra s | August 27, 2008 6:54 AM | Report abuse

Morning everyone. That’s the last time I take a three day vacation at the start of the Democratic convention. I feel like I do when I have that dream about having a test I’m not prepared for. I’ve tried to catch up with the news and the Boodle but I’d definitely fail if given a test right now.

Vacation was full of goofy dogs, yummy pizza, lighthouses, Longfellow’s house, a cruise on Casco Bay, a Portland Sea Dogs game, and a trolley museum. Portland is a very walkable, interesting small city, we were pleasantly surprised by it. Now I need to get my head back into daily life for three days while trying to get up to speed here.

Posted by: Bad Sneakers | August 27, 2008 7:07 AM | Report abuse

I try to get an early jump on my Dowd columns by sneaking into the NYT webserver the night before. Her column today originally compared Bill Clinton to Grendel and I prepared two photoshops of Bill and Obama as characters from the movie.

This morning that paragraph was gone. Fortunately Sean Hannity of all people had managed to save it, so I Know I wasn't just imagining it.

Posted by: Mo MoDo | August 27, 2008 7:25 AM | Report abuse

Am I the only person to like Mark Warner's speech? Fits in well with Friedman's column this morning. In summary, go to large swaths of the US and everything seems to be slowly rotting away. Visit Beijing (or in my case Tokyo and Taipei, with a bit of Hong Kong thrown in) and New York looks like a poorly-maintained dowager of a city.

Posted by: Dave of the Coonties | August 27, 2008 7:29 AM | Report abuse

Well, I read Hillary's speech and it seems like a winner. And from the press reports it played very well too. I give much credit to Senator Clinton for doing the right thing. She placed the interests of her party above her ego. I just hope her alleged followers do the same.

What worries me is Bill. I hope he successfully follows his wife's lead.

Posted by: RD Padouk | August 27, 2008 7:32 AM | Report abuse

Mornin' all...

I thought Hillary did a good job last night -- she sure brought the house down, anyway. You could tell she was wishing she was the one being nominated, but you could also tell she was serious about the need for her supporters to stand behind Obama (and leave their knives at home). Her best line was when she asked her supporters to ask themselves whether they voted for her or voted for her stance on the issues.

btw... I am *so* glad the dang Olympics are over. I'm now able to return to my regular morning news buffet instead of what CNN decides to squeeze in between a gazillion commercials.

In martooni news... we took Little Bean to her school yesterday to find her new classroom and meet her new teacher -- really nice and seems very competent. In any case, her and Bean hit it off. I so wish I was in first grade again -- they got the coolest stuff to mess around with.

Time for one more cup of mud, then off to make sawdust.

Peace out... :-)

Posted by: martooni | August 27, 2008 7:35 AM | Report abuse

Go Hillary! ! ! Great speech.

As for wildlife, after 11 snake-free years out here on Stray Dog Farm, I was invaded by copperheads this summer. Killed 7. With a hoe. One with a knife.

SHREEEEEEEEEK! ! !

Posted by: KPage | August 27, 2008 7:38 AM | Report abuse

Morning. WaPo editorial comments on the Clinton - Obama - Clinton case, using the image of bookends. I am not sure I recall such an overlay of losing nominee over current nominee before. I guess the marriage of losing nominee to former sitting president complicates the picture. Not that legislation or rules should address this but, but I am very uncomfortable about familial layers in politics. Smacks of dynasty. Smacks of insider privilege. Smacks of connection rather than conduct and character.

This bothered me greatly with Bush and Bush; this has bothered me moderately about the Kennedy family. However, the Kennedy family has dispersed itself into several states to run for offices, hence a less concentration power play to ascend White House portico steps.

I am not talking about motives or neglecting public service contributions. I am just revealing my somewhat knee-jerk reaction to dynastic privilege. Had I been around for the Adams and Adams presidencies -- likely an indentured servant of some time in, say, the wilds of Prince George's County working for the mighty Lord Baltimore-Calvert family -- I might not have liked it then. But, I would have been perhaps too tired from working or having babies in succession to care much.

I actually thought of this yesterday, before the editorial, because I now live very close to part of the old Calvert estate. I walk this patch of kudzu and tick invested woods often. I saw the old ice house a few days ago and thought about these footprints upon this tract. There are also documented slave dwelling locations, now asphalted over, that I bike across at least once per week. i think of those fingerprints too.

Out West I grew up along the Lewis and Clark trail. We used to pick up pony beads and arrow heads, as well as bison bone fragments near a cliff that the Indians used as a buffalo jump. A cut-out of a herd would be directed over the cliff, for relatively safe pickings. Recently, a stretch of sandy bottom-land beloved by me and on the Missouri River was thought to be a possible location of the lost iron boat from the Corps of Discovery. Coming to naught, I think. Still. We played on that land, never once thinking that Lewis and Clark -- and Clark's black slave York -- may have trod there.

I wonder when a President will be of a tribal descent. We always get a genealogy profile for candidates courtesy of some enterprising researcher. These typically suggest a relation to a British monarch line or, say, Charlemagne.

Michelle Obama's speech made me think also about our complex and shared history.

Pardon this personal history moment for it's length....move along, move along.

Hey, peach cobbler in two huge pans in the break room. Now THAT is a perfect breakfast in August. Thank you! Fess up. Who assembled this lovely treat?

Posted by: College Parkian | August 27, 2008 7:41 AM | Report abuse

Not me, CP, but I'll have some, if you don't mind. Yum, a great breakfast indeed.

I put on my comfy sneakers, thinking that I might get to walk. Nope, the heavens just opened yet again. Oh well, I'll ride the exercycle instead. Walking is much more fun, but I'll have to make do this morning.

Posted by: slyness | August 27, 2008 7:47 AM | Report abuse

Good morning Boodlers.
Dawn Patrol report:
NYT editorial today, though moderated a bit by some inescapable facts, echoes the barks from the Evil One's kennels.

Posted by: Brag | August 27, 2008 7:52 AM | Report abuse

mudge,
I suggest you stop flapping your lips unless you want more trouble. ;-)

CP,
Great tale. Anyone doubting that we have a national aristocracy is fooling themselves.

Posted by: yellojkt | August 27, 2008 8:01 AM | Report abuse

All this talk about diamonds reminds me to plug my book. Kingmaker has diamonds on its cover and the inside content deals with diamonds, too.

Posted by: Braguine | August 27, 2008 8:07 AM | Report abuse

new kit coming shortly, just fyi...

Posted by: Achenbach | August 27, 2008 8:14 AM | Report abuse

MoMoDo,
That paragraph is in my print edition paper today.

Posted by: Maggie O'D | August 27, 2008 8:18 AM | Report abuse

For some reason I'm afraid to click on this front page link:

Telnaes Animation: Bill Clinton's Magic Wand

Might involve diamonds or something...

:-)

Glad you had a great time Downeast, Sneaks!! *waving*

Anyone hear about the LPGA's xenophobia?

Perhaps they want all their players to be able to do an Ed Norton -- "Hello, ball!"

*I'll-be-happier-when-we're-through-with-this-Hump-Day Grover waves* :-)

Posted by: Scottynuke | August 27, 2008 8:19 AM | Report abuse

Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer was a great warm-up act for Hillary.

Posted by: Shiloh | August 27, 2008 8:22 AM | Report abuse

Yello: Thanks for the info on Michelle Malkin. The photo in the local mullet wrapper must be intentionally shaded. No surprises in yesterday's Florida primary.

Posted by: Shiloh | August 27, 2008 8:26 AM | Report abuse

NKO? Everybody must be sitting on the starting line to be first.

Posted by: Shiloh | August 27, 2008 8:29 AM | Report abuse

Hey, this just in:

in Britain, a beater bike or UGLY bike is called a Gollum bike....isn't that great? I found this because I am trolling bike review forums ' to assess the bikes I am choosing from. I found this because a Brit gal posts as Lost_in_Thought....so, naturally, I read her thread because of our dear LiT.

LiT we miss you. Dear Child is about to start school, if not already.

Posted by: College Bikian | August 27, 2008 8:31 AM | Report abuse

Shiloh, that Brian Sweitzer has a heckuva band, too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggN-HKq3FG8

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 27, 2008 8:31 AM | Report abuse

Brian is from Montana; WORD.

Posted by: College Montanian | August 27, 2008 8:33 AM | Report abuse

New Kit!

Posted by: Scottynuke | August 27, 2008 8:34 AM | Report abuse

Althopugh this golden oldie is even better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUh6TAll_7o

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 27, 2008 8:37 AM | Report abuse