Shipwrecked Conservatives

[Cross-posted from the blog formerly known as The Trail]

Socialism in America: That's a big theme we're picking up as we dip into the Conservative Political Action Conference, which kicked off this morning at the Omni Shoreham. The presence of thousands of conferees proves that conservatives still do exist in this country, though they're not exactly happy warriors at the moment. They're more like shipwreck survivors, marooned on a desert island.

And wondering who will come rescue them.

"There is nobody that combines the youth and character and intellectual capacity that's required of national office today," says a 70-year-old retired engineer from upstate New York who will give his name only as Neil. "Too many years of Bob Dole, Jack Kemp, John McCain. They dragged up George Bush as a young guy in 2000 in order to get somebody who was at least not an old man."

And how did that work out?

"From a conservative point of view, you had a guy who was basically a liberal, like the father."

If the Bushes were liberals, what does that make Obama?

A democratic socialist, he said. On the European model.

The somber mood of the conference perked up a bit when Mike Huckabee took the stage this afternoon, spraying verbal fire at Obama and the Democrats, but also at his former rival McCain. The Arkansas governor said that when McCain suspended his campaign last September and flew back to Washington to deal with the financial crisis, he "meekly" joined Obama and voted for the $700 billion bank bailout.

He noted the wasteful spending of congressional Republicans when they had power, and the botched response to Katrina by the Bush Administration.

"You know what kind of conservatives we need to be first and foremost? Competent conservatives," he said.

He said the free market should be permitted to engage in creative destruction to restore the economy to equilibrium. What's happening instead, he said, is the establishment of "socialist republics" in the United States.

"Lenin and Stalin would love this stuff," Huckabee declared.

He said the stimulus package should be called the Congressional Recovery Action Plan, because it smells like its acronym.

By Joel Achenbach  |  February 26, 2009; 3:44 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Budget Fever
Next: The Rocky Folds

Comments

Conservatives starring in their very own version of "Lost."

Or is is "Survivor: Washington?"

Competent Conservatives Engaged in Creative Destruction?

Sounds like something from and Ayn Rand novel to me.

bc

Posted by: -bc- | February 26, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

From the last kit:

Alex, I'll take Supermodels Of The 80s for $600.

"This Uptown Girl took a 'Vacation' with Chevy Chase"

And remember to answer in the form of a question.

Posted by: yellojkt | February 26, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

"Lenin and Stalin would love this stuff"

Someone tell Huckabee to curl up with a nice copy of Mein Kampf and STFU. If socialism's so bad, why did we spend facing off with the Soviet Union and rolling the dice on the world's survival over the freedom of a socialist Europe? Were they worth blowing up the world for? If Lenin and Stalin would have loved that stuff, why were we so eager to defend it from from them? Why were we so eager to ensure its survival?

Huckabee, you're a fearmonger and a

LIAR!!

European style socialism isn't communism, no one's been sent to the gulags, no one's freedom has been denied, other than the freedom to treat one's workers as nothing more than meat to put on your table. If what Europe, that economic wonder that went from ruins to wealth in less than half a century and provides for rich and poor alike, has is socialism, then bring it on!

Yes, I know about the Marshall Plan. It was a nice poster and a $2 billion investment. $2 billion, that's it. The rest the Euros did for themselves.

Posted by: treetopflyer | February 26, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

One more thing: Keep an eye open for Jeff Probst over at that conference and see if he doesn't host the closing tribal council.

bc

Posted by: -bc- | February 26, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

If Dubya was a liberal, I'd hate to see their idea of a conservative. Except we probably will.

Posted by: yellojkt | February 26, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Read and weep, the young conservatives that use to be the foot soldiers of the Dubya admin are in the dump. It's hard to run the Justice dept. one day and move back to your parents' house a couple of months later.

Posted by: shrieking_denizen | February 26, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

I wish I had sympathy for conservatives, but after the last eight years of incompetence, I don't. I just can't make myself feel sorry for them.

Posted by: slyness | February 26, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Well. if you guys become socialists you will be just like us Canadians! Always amused at the comments conservatives make about Socialism. Marooned on a island would be a good place for those who thought Bush a Liberal.

Posted by: dmd2 | February 26, 2009 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Wow, that link was so wrong. That was you get when vista sleeps all day.
Here it is,

Posted by: shrieking_denizen | February 26, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Before I forget again, Happy Birthday Gomer.

Posted by: dmd2 | February 26, 2009 4:36 PM | Report abuse

SHIP OF FOOLS

Lyrics by Robert Hunter

Went to see the captain, strangest I could find.
Laid my proposition down, I laid it on the line:
"I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels,
But I would slave to learn the way to sink your ship of fools."

Ship of fools
On a cruel sea
Ship of fools
Sail away from me
It was later than I thought
When I first believed you
Now I cannot share your laughter, ship of fools

Saw your first ship sink and drown from the rocking of the boat,
And all that could not sink or swim was just left there to float.
I won't leave you drifting down, but oh, it makes me wild
With thirty years upon my head to have you call me child.

Ship of fools...

The bottle stands as empty as it was filled before;
Time there was, and plenty, but from that cup no more.
Though I could not caution all, still I might warn a few,
"Don't lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools."

Ship of fools
On a cruel sea
Ship of fools
Sail away from me
It was later than I thought when I first believed you,
Now I cannot share your laughter, ship of fools.

Posted by: treetopflyer | February 26, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Query: is "competent conservative" a paradox or a non sequitur?

Posted by: slyness | February 26, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

slyness - try phantasm or extinct. See also, "Pink-spotted furry dragons".

Posted by: treetopflyer | February 26, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

That famous map that showed how individual counties had become more Republican or more Democratic from 2004 to 2008 inadvertently provided an excellent cultural map of Appalachia plus Arkansas, which must politically now be West Appalachia. So I guess Huckabee channels the spirit of Appalachia. He needs to visit northern Idaho, Oklahoma, and coastal South Carolina. I suspect South Carolina along the Autobahn may not quite be Huckabee country right now. BMW's hurting.

Posted by: DaveoftheCoonties | February 26, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Seems to me every time the government tries to spend some money, the free-marketeers move in, steal it, and then shout "See? We told you it wouldn't work!"

Posted by: Jumper1 | February 26, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Howdy y'all. I left for a luncheon, meeting and carpool duty and return to the day's third Kit. I am not ready for this dizzying pace - my head is already clouded by allergies.

First off, happy birthday Gomer!

If any IBPHers are live-Boodling, here's a toast to you. I was strongly tempted to make a last-minute DC trip and show up, before I realized that of course today was the luncheon mentioned above and hosted by me. Ah well.

Anyone who wonders where the conservatives went? Well, they're all here. There's an interesting mix: Republicans who did not vote for but now support Obama himself, Republicans who did not vote for and don't much like Obama but feel that one should support the President, and people who are conservative enough that not only don't they support Obama, now or earlier, they thought McCain was a screaming liberal too. Of course, he always had trouble with the real conservatives. Lots of these folks seem to have made their peace with the idea of Bush, though.

Posted by: Ivansmom | February 26, 2009 5:55 PM | Report abuse

Huckabee is that rare (to me) person who comes across as extremely likable while having views that definitely are not. My boss has been on my case since the election, in a kidding manner, but still. I don’t feel like coming on too strong with him and we do agree in some areas on state-related issues. But really, the Repubs lost the last two elections for a reason so I really wish the press would stop giving them so much print space and air time.

#2 has learned that her bloodwork is fine (thank heavens!) and she is scheduled to leave for CR on Sunday to meet up with her husband. Since they were married, they’ve spent more time apart than together.

Off to dancing in a bit. A friend sent me this today, can't decide if I'm inspired or discouraged.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y037-K_BW0Y

Posted by: badsneakers | February 26, 2009 6:54 PM | Report abuse

The Republican party should take a page from Obama's campaign and ASK the nation what they consider the important issues and what should be part of their plank--what solutions should be done, etc.

Maybe then they'd actually have something decent for the next election.

Otherwise, I'm just praying the GOP dies and fissures into new parties-- one that will interest moderate Democrats not one hundred percent happy with the party, the other a wastebasket for all the worst ex-Republicans.

I can dream.

Posted by: Wilbrod_Gnome | February 26, 2009 7:15 PM | Report abuse

What planet is Huckabee going to live on while the country is doing this "creative destruction" and returning to its equalibrium? And these folks wonder why they lost. Why would anyone vote for someone talking about "creative destruction" as the solution for what ails the country? Please.

Just getting back in. I'm beat, and didn't do much today. The body just feels like it has been slammed on concrete.

The bed is calling me, and I'm ready to answer. Have a great time at the gathering.
Night boodle. Sweet dreams.

Posted by: cmyth4u | February 26, 2009 7:36 PM | Report abuse

I wish somebody at the IBPH would twitter or video it or something so the rest of us could be in on the fun.

Goodnight, Cassandra. As usual, you asked the right questions about the Republicans. How indeed are the rest of us going to survive, while all this creative destruction is going on?

Posted by: slyness | February 26, 2009 7:42 PM | Report abuse

Had to work late, so I'm sitting out the BPH :-(

So, the U.S. is blessed with: a National Security Advisor (James L. Jones), a Director of National Intelligence (Dennis C. Blair), and a Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (Leon E. Panetta), among other helpful folks who are vital to the intelligent management of U.S. security.

Lord, protect us. I sure hope these folks get together for a beer occasionally, and chat things over!

Posted by: bobsewell | February 26, 2009 8:05 PM | Report abuse

Yes, "creative destruction" gets spread around very unevenly, methinks.

Posted by: woofin | February 26, 2009 9:35 PM | Report abuse

I'm back from the IBPH and Yoki was as charming and lovely as I was led to believe. She was wearing a very stylish leather jacket and gorgeous silver jewelry. She was the model of decorum even if later in the evening she did wantonly bare her arms in mixed while in a drinking establishment of unsavory repute.

Here she is downing an oyster shooter with bc as SoG looks on in perplexity.

bc also posed with Rick O'Shea to whom I promised to post no unflattering pictures. She is so charmingly photogenic that that was not an issue.

And finally, I passed the camera to SoG who snapped a picture of me with his mom and ftb.

Also in attendance were omni, mudge, Don on I-270, greenwithenvy (all the way from West By God), and Dolphin Michael. ScottyNuke joined briefly by phone and many $2 cheeseburgers and slightly more expensive glasses of wine were consumed.

Posted by: yellojkt | February 26, 2009 9:35 PM | Report abuse

Geez, where is everyone? We've been to fencing and back, and stopped for pizza. Okay, lurkers, now's your chance to break out and fill up the Boodle.

I spent most of my time at fencing mending and reinforcing the Boy's fencing bag with duct tape. At this rate it will actually be a duct tape bag with a very thin veneer of fabric.

Posted by: Ivansmom | February 26, 2009 9:38 PM | Report abuse

Dave, my brother lives within 15 miles of the BMW plant, and he's a rabid Republican. I just don't know where we went wrong, except he moved to South Carolina 15 years ago and obviously was contaminated. However, he was laid off three weeks ago so it will be interesting to see if his views moderate.

Before the election, he got into the habit of sending me editorials from the Wall Street Journal. It got real ugly. And he started it!

Posted by: slyness | February 26, 2009 9:39 PM | Report abuse

interesting kit Joel... a friend was consulting in Denver and some of the locals he worked with referred to Canadians as the 'Communists of the North'... isn't that ironic.

Posted by: MissToronto | February 26, 2009 9:43 PM | Report abuse

Just got back myself, and can report a (very) good time was had by all. Many, many laughs, only a small portion of which can be retold (mainly cuz I can't remember). I do remember there was a round of discussion (either begun by SofG or at least seriously exacerbated by him) regarding the Connecticut village of Mianus.

Let's see, what else can I report? Maggie/Rickoshea and I discussed last night's episode of "Lost." We discussed the hilarious possibility of all of us dropping in on TBG at "the club." And she related that the other day one of the secretaries or receptionists came to TBG and said, very quietly, "There's someone here to see you." And TBG's first reaction was, "Oh, no! Oh s---, not *them*." Meaning, well...us.

omni and Weed discussed computer programming, and Weed told us about his five or seven or nine careers (the man is VERY busy). TBG led the way in giving Yoki grief about Canada. (We love their money; it's so cute. Just like real money, almost. Only there's a picture of Helen Mirren on it.)

It is my dim recollection that multiple glasses of wine may have been consumed (me, I just had a gin-and-tonic).

It was great to see some new or rare faces there: GWE, Weed, Don, and ftb.

Posted by: Curmudgeon- | February 26, 2009 9:52 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, yello & Mudge! Yello, those are splendid pictures. Almost as good as being there - except for the whole hundreds of miles, no cheeseburgers or wine [yes, I'm out of wine, I am bereft], lack of actual scintillating company. Really, thank you for letting us Boodlers from Beyond share in the fun.

Posted by: Ivansmom | February 26, 2009 10:00 PM | Report abuse

The $4T dollar question is "Where were the conservatives for the past eight years who are complaining worse than the worst MIL right now?"

I suppose they were so busy polishing their yachts and dusting off the applications of people who might be so lucky to dust their third and fifth homes that they didn't have the time to pay attention to economic basics.

Anybody have a tar-and-feather machine? I'll pay good money for it.

Posted by: martooni | February 26, 2009 10:00 PM | Report abuse

Consoling myself for not being at the IBPH, the temp dropping to -10, and tomorrow not being Saturday by watching "In Performance at the White House." Stevie Wonder is the featured artist and Michelle is stunning in a green dress. Getting ready to fax Ivansmom some wine. I haven't opened the bottle yet. Would you prefer pinot noir or shiraz?

Posted by: frostbitten1 | February 26, 2009 10:10 PM | Report abuse

Why thank you, frostbitten. I enjoy both, but if you haven't opened it yet let's go with the pinot noir. It will go well with the Benedryl.

We had several days of early spring and I have a lovely line of about a hundred daffodils down the fence line, but if I go out to admire them I begin sneezing. Large, explosive, moist sneezes. It isn't fair.

Posted by: Ivansmom | February 26, 2009 10:15 PM | Report abuse

And now, happily sipping a glass of pinot, I shall depart the Boodle until tomorrow. Vaya con queso, y'all; buenos gnocchis and fondue.

Posted by: Ivansmom | February 26, 2009 10:24 PM | Report abuse

I was hoping you'd opt for the pinot. This was a Wine Spectator pick of the day this time last year. Must be drunk soon.

Posted by: frostbitten1 | February 26, 2009 10:25 PM | Report abuse

Jeez, the Rocky Mountain News is shutting down tomorrow. Man, that's bad. With the Philly Inky/Daily News filing for chapter 11, I wonder if we're about to see a domino of newspaper collapses.

Posted by: Curmudgeon- | February 26, 2009 10:32 PM | Report abuse

slyness,
I recall, many years ago, an earnest Journal news story explaining to Northeasterners some of the differences between their regional culture and that of the Houston oil community. A bit like one of those guides to how Japanese corporations think.

One example given was something called the Ford Oil Company, which was going to drill for the oil that God promised the Israelites in the Holy Land. Once the abundant petroleum was flowing, the Russians would fulfill a prophecy from Ezekiel by invading. Shortly thereafter, the faithful Ford stockholders would be raptured so they could watch the free-for-all from above.

My recollection is that the Journal's story assumed that this was an honest, sober business proposition, as viewed by those sophisticated Houstonians.

(Did a Google to see if my recollection was anywhere near accurate. Ding!)

Posted by: DaveoftheCoonties | February 26, 2009 10:33 PM | Report abuse

I'll have some of that pinot, thanks, frosti.

Nothing like BPH pics to brighten the day. Love Maggie's sweater/jacket (describe, please!), ftb's hair, and Yoki Herself, of course. Sounds like you all had a time.

Posted by: seasea | February 26, 2009 10:34 PM | Report abuse

When I lived in the sophisticated metropolis of Cody, Wyoming (back then, home of Husky Oil), the Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News would be available at the news stand. Washington Post and NYT were a bit less reliable. The Post had some good items, like Oliphant's "Sunday Punk" comic strip, but the Rocky Mountain News was generally a pleasanter read. It's sad to hear that tomorrow is the News's last.

I suppose the St. Petersburg Times will still be publishing a year from now. What others?

Posted by: DaveoftheCoonties | February 26, 2009 10:42 PM | Report abuse

Firing up the wine fax for seasea. Mr. F is out your way, at Ft. Lewis, for a few weeks.

Must have been some prospectus for that investment DotC.

Better get some city reading done and call it a night. Toodles boodle and sweet dreams.

Posted by: frostbitten1 | February 26, 2009 10:55 PM | Report abuse

SeaSea, thanks for the shoutout to my sweater. It's pretty much as looks in the picuture. It's a sort of boiled wool with a zipper up the front. You can see the seam-like lines but you can't see that it's fairly short with a kind of peplum bottom below the end of the seams. The label says "Beyond Threads" and "Made in Peru." I bought it at Nordstram's last year. It was perfect for my trip to Ireland, toasty and fairly light.
I hope that enought info, but I'm sure that CP could explain it oh so much more accurately and poetically.

Oh yes, it makes my faded blue eyes much more blue. So it's all good.

Posted by: rickoshea0 | February 26, 2009 11:05 PM | Report abuse

SCC: I think. Nordstrum's ? Nordstrom's? Nordstrim's ?

Posted by: rickoshea0 | February 26, 2009 11:24 PM | Report abuse

Good evening - a fine, fine IBPH had by all.

If you weren't there, we did talk about you, but in a nice way.

Even got check-in calls from Mo and Scottynuke during the event, bless their hearts.

bc

Posted by: -bc- | February 26, 2009 11:28 PM | Report abuse

Caught this news on TV about 6:50 a.m. on the NBC affiliate:

The San Antonio Express-News is laying off about 135 people, or about 15 percent of its employees, and will leave 30 positions unfilled in an effort to reduce costs and to cope with economic troubles that have hit the U.S. newspaper industry, the paper's publisher announced Wednesday.

The cuts include 75 positions in the newsroom, about 30 percent of the newsroom staff, in a combination of layoffs and the elimination of open positions.

Posted by: laloomis | February 26, 2009 11:32 PM | Report abuse

More troubles at Hearst, the SF Chronicle in a bigger market, I believe, not so sure how the Seattle Post-Intelligencer compares with our Heart Express-News as far as circulation numbers:

San Francisco may lose its main newspaper, the San Francisco Chronicle, as owner Hearst Corp cuts a "significant" number of jobs and decides whether to shut or sell the money-losing daily.

The privately held New York-based publisher already is considering shutting a second West Coast paper, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, in the face of a devastating decline in advertising revenue and big losses.

Founded shortly after Gold Rush fever hit California in the mid-19th century, the Chronicle has long been an essential part of daily life for many Bay Area residents...

Posted by: laloomis | February 26, 2009 11:38 PM | Report abuse

SCC: Hearst Express-News

ZZzzzzzz....Bedtime....

Posted by: laloomis | February 26, 2009 11:40 PM | Report abuse

Back from musical shepherding...and the papers are graded!

As for Beyond Threads, this fine company is working simultaneously on fair trade/ecosensitive certification. And the perfect color for silver-gilt and cornflower blue ROShea. I cannot see the peplum but Beyond Threads features interesting without being outlandish shapes. Nicely shaped and fitted. Voila, a look-good, feel-good purchase! What's not to love.

GNight, Boodles...oodles of angels attend thee. Thees?

Posted by: CollegequaParkian | February 26, 2009 11:40 PM | Report abuse

I hate it, hate it, hate it that the newspaper industry (and news industry generally) is going through such a disruptive restructuring. My only source of optimism is that the audience for competent news gathering & analysis isn't going away anytime soon. Sooner or later, some business model will make sense. Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose, oui?

Posted by: bobsewell | February 26, 2009 11:52 PM | Report abuse

Mr F must have brought the snow! Thankfully it did not last long, at least on the roads. Thanks for the wine.

Nordstrom. Or Nordy's. Great description, thanks for that. I'll keep my eye out for Beyond Threads.

We may lose the Seattle Times, too, as well as the P-I. It's not right!

Posted by: seasea | February 27, 2009 12:33 AM | Report abuse

*sigh* frenvy over the ibph. just too far of a commute...

Posted by: LALurker | February 27, 2009 1:45 AM | Report abuse

Spending the night at the synagogue, chaperoning the homeless shelter. Time for a leetle nap, I think.

Posted by: ScienceTim | February 27, 2009 1:47 AM | Report abuse

And just in case you wanted some anecdotal evidence of our lurker community, since last night the IBPH pictures with bc in them have been viewed about fifty times each. The one with me in it only 27 times. I have some theories. In contrast, my Mount Saint Helens picture has only been viewed 18 times.

SciTim,
Your public spiritness and knowledge of elderly supermodels continues to amaze me.

Posted by: yellojkt | February 27, 2009 6:13 AM | Report abuse

'Morning, Boodle. TGIF.

The front page op-ed stuff is too depressing to contemplate: a Krauthammer piece with a typically wacko hed, Gerson is babbling about who knows what, and G. Will appears to back on his climate/global warming jihad.Robinson is talking about Tiger Woods, but I am uninterested in golf. So it's a lame day, op-ed wise.

I did read all four pages of Weingarten's Gene Pool on who will save the GOP, but the comments were largely unfunny even though 99.9 percent anti-GOP.

So, Dawn Patrol, let's get a move on. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we find some of slyness's to-die-for homemade country ham biscuits in the Ready Room.

Posted by: Curmudgeon- | February 27, 2009 6:52 AM | Report abuse

Morning, friends. Let's getting cracking here. It is FRIDAY, the end of the week, and the weekend is just ahead. I haven't checked out the pictures yet, but will do so later. It sounds as if everyone had a good time.

Mudge, and speaking of "Lost", what's up with Evangline Lilly? Is she really leaving the show? She's all over the Internet. I have never watched an episode of Lost.

My sister woke me up this morning. I called her last night but did not get her, so she call me back this morning. I was sleeping so good. It's okay, I need to walk anyway. Yesterday, I looked exactly like what I am, an old person trying to walk. It was horrible. I needed crutches and an walking stick, the four prong kind. Perhaps it will be better today.

Slyness, it's nice here, so get moving. You can't use the cold weather as an excuse this morning. Is it raining there? I saw the line up of folks in your town for the tournament. I'm sure it's good for business.

Yoki, Scotty, Martooni(where are you?)and all the gang, have a wonderful day. *waving*

Why are most of the hard-core conservatives in Southern states? And I know there are exceptions to that rule, but many of them live in Southern states.

Time to walk.

Posted by: cmyth4u | February 27, 2009 6:52 AM | Report abuse

Good morning Al!

Speaking of Al, word is that Norm Coleman, who when he was up by 221 votes, said that a re-vote to settle the close nature of the count would be a terrible waste of tax payers money and suggested that Franken should just concede. Now that he is down by 225 (or a bit more), Coleman is hinting that there should be a do-over.

Posted by: russianthistle | February 27, 2009 6:59 AM | Report abuse

I'm up aleady and in addition to obsessing over my Flickr stats, I put up a poll on who best resembles Bobby Jindall.

Posted by: yellojkt | February 27, 2009 7:01 AM | Report abuse

I'm up, Cassandra, I'm up! Yes, I'm going to take a walk at the normal time, which is soon. Gotta get it in before the rain comes. I looked at weather radar, and it's in eastern Tennessee, so it won't be long.

Mr. T decided we'd go to the mountains this weekend, in spite of the weather, because we'll be busy for the next several. Hookay.

Cassandra, I think people of the land with not much education who have not traveled or mixed with the rest of the world, tend to be fixed on what they have. Insular, and small-minded, and conservative.

Posted by: slyness | February 27, 2009 7:11 AM | Report abuse

Good pics yellow. It's raining here. The temperature is supposed to rise to 7c/45F this PM then drop to -18C/0F overnight. The snow will become white concrete once again. *sigh*.
Heh, but it's Friday so have a good day everyone!

Posted by: shrieking_denizen | February 27, 2009 7:14 AM | Report abuse

OK, are we off the air? Andy Kaufman

Posted by: russianthistle | February 27, 2009 7:41 AM | Report abuse

Same here Shriek, already 9c but supposed to get cold over night tonight.

Yello like the shots from last night, rickoshea has very blue eyes.

Have a good day all.

Posted by: dmd2 | February 27, 2009 7:46 AM | Report abuse

I can't remember if I had to anti-red-eye Rick's eyes. I know I did for TBG. Hers were glowing demon red.

New Kit. In memorium.

Posted by: yellojkt | February 27, 2009 8:34 AM | Report abuse

Socialism, Lenin, all those communist guys...

It is so good to hear the Republican Party withdraw 30 years into the past trying to find a future...bring on Jindal...bring on Palin...bring on Rush (minus the drugs). Maybe they can recycle Gingrich. That will be good for global warming.

Where is Pat Paulsen when we need him?

Posted by: vhhsawb1 | March 2, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse