Lunch Room Chatter: Facts all come with points of view...
The latest in food news, ideas and philosophy, just in time for your lunch break.
* "Facts all come with points of view/Facts don't do what I want them to." Especially nutrition facts. (WaPo)
* Lark of the day: Washington Examiner columnists are really, really skeptical about everything you say. (TBD)
* Doggone it, another organic label with no standards behind it. (WTOP)
* Whole Foods wants organic and genetically engineered crops to live in peaceful coexistence under a colorful rainbow, where unicorns and fairies and the USDA protect organic seeds from cross-pollination. (Food Safety News)
* "Yes, we'll have the '07 farmhouse ale but could you please allow it to breathe for 20 minutes?" (New York Post)
* Replace your medicine cabinet with a spice rack. (The Globe and Mail)
* West Virginia will certainly get grounded for the "F" on its food-borne illness report card. (Atlantic Food)
* Scientists want to play tricks on your "gut" brain. (WSJ)
* One way that Domino's is better than California Pizza Kitchen. Discuss. (Men's Health)
| January 25, 2011; 1:01 PM ET
Categories: Beer, Food Politics, Food labeling, Media | Tags: Lunch Room Chatter, Tim Carman
Save & Share: Previous: Charcuterie, feel the love
Next: Chat Leftovers: Showered with marshmallows