Lunch Room Chatter: Foodies could save the earth
The latest in food news, ideas and philosophy, just in time for your lunch break.
* Shirley Sherrod transforms herself from conservative prey to conservative hunter. (Los Angeles Times)
* Disease is choking our lettuce to death. (YouTube)
* When a cookie addiction turns deadly. (Eater)
* Somebody has a food crush on Spike Mendelsohn. (Obama Foodorama)
* Required viewing: Sushi of the future, when the fish finally run out. (YouTube)
* Rick Bayless can't stand the heat in Los Angeles. (LA Weekly)
* America is turning into a czarist food culture. (Christian Science Monitor)
* The Rhone is experiencing alcohol creep, too. (NY Times)
* Wealthy farmers could be a little less wealthy. (Reuters)
* A Popsicle that will never make it on the kiddie circuit. (HuffPo)
| February 15, 2011; 11:30 AM ET
Categories: Chefs, Food Politics, Media | Tags: Lunch Room Chatter, Tim Carman
Save & Share: Previous: Smoke Signals: Can barbecue save Motor City?
Next: PCRM sues federal agencies over dietary guidelines