A Bunch of Mint Ideas
* Add chopped mint to a pineapple juice-soy sauce marinade for grilled pork.
* Make a Cilantro -Mint Chutney.
* Add it to a shrimp salad sandwich.
* Throw it into a quick dip, or try this Spartan Cheese dip.
* Make Mint Julep Strawberries.
* Make a refreshing, nonalcoholic Pineapple-Mint Batido: (2 servings)
1 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple
1 1/2 cups crushed ice
1/3 cup Coco Lopez or other sweetened coconut cream
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, plus 2 large sprigs for garnish
Combine the ingredients in a blender and whir until smooth. Pour into tall glasses and garnish each with a sprig of mint.
Per serving: 183 calories, 2 gm protein, 17 gm carbohydrates, 13 gm fat, 11 gm saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 2 mg sodium
TIPS: Store it by placing its stems in a glass of water; cover the leaves loosely with a plastic bag. Rinse the leaves just before you use them.
What do you like to do with it?
-- Bonnie Benwick
Posted by: NewtonMom | April 30, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.