Shop for This Week's Dinner in Minutes

We're trying something new this week: I'll be happy to make this dish along with you -- or heck, answer other questions you may have during the kitchen-dinner hours of 6 to 8:30 p.m. -- through my brand-spankin' new Twitter account. (Yes, it took me long enough.)

Salmon Tikka With Cucumber Yogurt
4 servings

How easy is this? Slather a little store-bought tandoori sauce on salmon fillets, make refreshing cucumber yogurt sauce and plunk the combo on top of warm nan or flatbread. Here, we used Fabulous Flats Whole-Grain Naan, available at Giant stores.

Serve with a salad or a small bowl of soup and you're all set.

4 nan or flatbreads

1 small red chili pepper (may substitute a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes)

1 medium cucumber (7 to 9 ounces; not seedless)

1 large lemon

1/2 cup plain low-fat or nonfat Greek-style yogurt

6 to 8 stems cilantro, for garnish

Four six-ounce, skinless salmon fillets (24 ounces total)

2 teaspoons olive oil

2 to 4 tablespoons tandoori or mild curry paste, such as Patak's

Questions? Remember, I'll be your kitchen buddy tonight via Twitter. And I'll check back this way for comments as well.

-- Bonnie Benwick

By The Food Section  |  January 26, 2010; 12:00 PM ET
Categories:  Recipes , Shopping  | Tags: Dinner in Minutes, recipes, salmon
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Say Cheese: Sottocenere al tartufo
Next: The art of eating, on Constitution Ave.

Comments

Where is the rest of the recipe? This just lists the ingredients.

Posted by: uscwest | January 26, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

I have the same point as the previous writer... we need the remainder of the recipe, please!

Posted by: sallymuravchik | January 26, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Great, simple recipe. Can't wait to try it. (Click on the recipe name at the top, which will link to the full recipe. I just printed it out.)

Posted by: mr16 | January 26, 2010 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Thanks to mr16. Recipe's linked to our database, where you can read it in full. I'm here, ready to cook along!

Posted by: benwickb | January 26, 2010 6:39 PM | Report abuse

The Recipe sounds great. I will give it a try.
I am an author of Save Your Money Save Your Family the book will be out by 4/1/2010 or sooner. But check out my blog and web site for more of the same ideas like the one above
www.saveyourmoneysaveyourfamily.com
www.saveyourmoneysaveyourfamily.blogspot.com
please leave comments for me and link to it would be great

Posted by: tonihouse | January 27, 2010 2:43 AM | Report abuse